"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

5 hours ago, Yukiko said:

I'm building my laguz units and I was wondering... Is it worth to give desperation to Tibarn? I looked for some builds but none seems to recommend it... Is desperation worse or better than chill atk for him?

I also am not sure which A skill I should give to Leanne... Is fury a good option? I saw that fury is recommended so that she can use ploys but unfortunately my Leanne is -res so that's not a role she can fill... Should I give her fury regardless or is it better to keep mirror stance?

I wouldnt give tibarn desperation, he is a player phase unit but already has ways to guarantee follow up attacks. chill atk 3 is a good skill in itself. galeforce hit and run tibarn will be a thing. giving Leanne Fury is a safe choice.overall fury is better then mirror stance in my opinion kinda sucks about -Res but not much you can do.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

I wouldnt give tibarn desperation, he is a player phase unit but already has ways to guarantee follow up attacks. chill atk 3 is a good skill in itself. galeforce hit and run tibarn will be a thing. giving Leanne Fury is a safe choice.overall fury is better then mirror stance in my opinion kinda sucks about -Res but not much you can do.

I know his weapon lets him attack twice, but the enemy can still counterattack between the two hits... I thought desperation could have been more useful since he still takes damage from strong blue units and dragons...

I'm building my laguz units and I was wondering... Is it worth to give desperation to Tibarn? I looked for some builds but none seems to recommend it... Is desperation worse or better than chill atk for him?

I would give him Desperation. It gives him a lot more sustainability by moving his followup attack forward to kill the enemy before the enemy can counterattack.

I also am not sure which A skill I should give to Leanne... Is fury a good option? I saw that fury is recommended so that she can use ploys but unfortunately my Leanne is -res so that's not a role she can fill... Should I give her fury regardless or is it better to keep mirror stance?

Fury is good if you wish to use Ploys. Not many units reach 34 Res anyways.

However, if you are not going to use Ploys, then I would stick with Mirror Stance so she can fight off dragons better. Mirror Stance gives Atk/Res+1 over Fury, and Leanne does not need Def against dragons and 40 Spd is more than sufficient for her to avoid doubles from most dragons. There are so many other recipients who can use Fury better, so I would save Fury for them.

27 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

I wouldnt give tibarn desperation, he is a player phase unit but already has ways to guarantee follow up attacks.

Desperation does not guarantee a follow up attack, it only changes the order of followup attacks.

Unit initiates and can double, but has no Desperation:
Unit Attack > Enemy Counter Attack > Unit Follow-Up Attack

Unit initiates and can double, and has Desperation:
Unit Attack > Unit Follow-Up Attack > Enemy Counter Attack

Edited by XRay

10 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

I wouldnt give tibarn desperation, he is a player phase unit but already has ways to guarantee follow up attacks.

Desperation doesn't guarantee you a follow-up attack. It only moves your follow-up attack before your opponent's counterattack.

@Yukiko The biggest argument against Desperation is the fact that between his high base Def and Sturdy Impact's Def bonus, Tibarn is reasonably safe from taking damage from counterattacks and may even have difficulty activating Desperation in some cases. It's still a good skill to use on him since he has a guaranteed follow-up to make use of it, but unlike squishier units, it's not essential for him.

Where it does help him, though, is against green dragons that target his very low Res stat.

34 Res after Fury is plenty high enough to use Ploys against most physical units. Roughly 90% of the characters in the game have less than 34 Res at +0 merge and neutral nature.

It's also possible to use Fortress Res instead of Fury to boost that to 36 Res if you aren't intending to use her for combat or Fortress Res in the Sacred Seal slot for 39 Res at the cost of one Ploy skill.

Well I was going to say Desperation doesn't guarantee a follow-up attack and Tibarn is bulky enough he probably doesn't need it, but others made it before me :P:

So, a question. I'm planning to run Nailah with her natural A and B passives as well as Noontime (mainly in AR instead of A!Tiki who shares a color with summer Micaiah), but what about her C passive? Aside from Hone/Drive of choice something I was considering is Odd Atk Wave to somewhat fix her Attack bane. But that would mean foddering my only Lewyn and that smells like waste of Special Spiral.

For seal I was considering either Flashing Blade (in which case I could take Sol instead of Noontime) or Brazen Atk/Res to help those stats.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Distant Defense as a seal option for her (which she competes A!Tiki with for)

Edited by Sylphid

Ok, I think I'll wait a bit more with Tibarn and if I see he needs desperation I'll give him the skill. I'll also give fury to leanne and make her a ploy user. Sooner or later I'll search for another copy to fix her bane. Thanks to everyone for the advice!

10 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

So, a question. I'm planning to run Nailah with her natural A and B passives as well as Noontime (mainly in AR instead of A!Tiki who shares a color with summer Micaiah), but what about her C passive? Aside from Hone/Drive of choice something I was considering is Odd Atk Wave to somewhat fix her Attack bane. But that would mean foddering my only Lewyn and that smells like waste of Special Spiral.

If team composition permits, you can have one of her allies run Atk Tactic so Nailah can still be buffed and transform if all her allies are Beorc.

For Nailah herself, if you do not need her to buff allies, I would run something like Spd Smoke or Def Smoke so she can pounce on nearby enemies afterwards. Spd Smoke is available from FH!Takumi, but Def Smoke is pretty rare/expensive though since it is limited to HATF!Alfonse so far.

19 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

For seal I was considering either Flashing Blade (in which case I could take Sol instead of Noontime) or Brazen Atk/Res to help those stats.

37 Spd feels a bit too slow to use Flashing Blade effectively if you do not buff her or have her surrounded by allies. Brazens also requires her to be below 80% HP, and skills requiring a maximum HP threshold generally does not mesh well with Enemy Phase skill sets compared to Player Phase skill sets in my opinion.

I would personally go with Quick Riposte to ensure that Nailah doubles, or give her Distant Def/Close Def to improve her bulk or Darting Stance to help her avoid doubles.

21 minutes ago, XRay said:

If team composition permits, you can have one of her allies run Atk Tactic so Nailah can still be buffed and transform if all her allies are Beorc.

For Nailah herself, if you do not need her to buff allies, I would run something like Spd Smoke or Def Smoke so she can pounce on nearby enemies afterwards. Spd Smoke is available from FH!Takumi, but Def Smoke is pretty rare/expensive though since it is limited to HATF!Alfonse so far.

Atk Tactic's a good idea, at the moment I'm running 3 infantry  but could replace my green dancer (I switch around PA!Azura and Elincia) with Reyson once he's built. Or bring something entirely different since I run Micaiah anyways.

Spd Smoke's a good idea, thanks! I need to learn to remember Smoke skills exist.

37 Spd feels a bit too slow to use Flashing Blade effectively if you do not buff her or have her surrounded by allies. Brazens also requires her to be below 80% HP, and skills requiring a maximum HP threshold generally does not mesh well with Enemy Phase skill sets compared to Player Phase skill sets in my opinion.

I would personally go with Quick Riposte to ensure that Nailah doubles, or give her Distant Def/Close Def to improve her bulk or Darting Stance to help her avoid doubles.

I see. her speed felt high to me but I guess with all the buffs around it's not that much. And hadn't considered that about Brazens at all.

I'll see which works best for me, but I'm leaning towards QR or DD since I mostly use her to take ranged hits like RazzleDazzle or Firesweep bow, and don't have Darting Stance leveled.

IV recommendations for Seliph?

If I were to go for a DC or a weapon refine build what would you recommend?

atm I have a +atk -hp, I feel that this works well for a dc build and that this bane is better than a -speed.

But if I were to go for a weapon refine build I feel that a +defense -speed works best

Thoughts?

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

@YukikoThe biggest argument against Desperation is the fact that between his high base Def and Sturdy Impact's Def bonus, Tibarn is reasonably safe from taking damage from counterattacks and may even have difficulty activating Desperation in some cases. It's still a good skill to use on him since he has a guaranteed follow-up to make use of it, but unlike squishier units, it's not essential for him.

Where it does help him, though, is against green dragons that target his very low Res stat.

IRRC Tibarn's Prf needs him to be at 100% for the followup. I do like Desperation on him as part of a Brash Desperation combo, though---31 spd isn't quite enough to guarantee doubles depending on what he's hitting, so this makes him more reliable as a Galeforce user. But it's definitely a very niche set, in general I don't think Tibarn needs desperation at all.

4 hours ago, Luis Liberato said:

IV recommendations for Seliph?

If I were to go for a DC or a weapon refine build what would you recommend?

atm I have a +atk -hp, I feel that this works well for a dc build and that this bane is better than a -speed.

But if I were to go for a weapon refine build I feel that a +defense -speed works best

Thoughts?

Ideally, I recommend [+Atk, -Spd]. Seliph needs to be as slow as possible to make sure he is doubled as much as possible so he can activate a stronger Special. If you plan to merge him though, only the +Atk matters, as the Flaw can be anything.

Assuming sustainability is not a factor (there is a healer on a team; he is used Arena or other short battle modes; he is a side unit to round out the team rather than a main combat unit; etc.), Seliph will pretty much survive almost anything not named Ophelia, so giving him +HP/Def/Res is pointless since he cannot die with Miracle active. Even taking sustainability into account, I do not think having +HP/Def/Res will improve his sustainability much anyways as he will still need healer support to bring his HP back up to keep his Miracle going.

Since he is somewhat guaranteed to have infinite bulk, all Seliph needs to focus on is to pump his Atk up as high as possible so he can deal the most amount of damage with Quick Riposte.

+Atk, -Spd
Tyrfing [special] — Tyrfing [Atk]
Swap — (Any Assist)
Bonfire — Ignis (Fierce Breath) — Aether (Fierce Breath)
Distant Counter — Fierce Breath — (Any A that boosts Atk)
Quick Riposte — Null C-Disrupt
Def Smoke — (Any Assist)
Fierce Stance — Quick Riposte

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

IRRC Tibarn's Prf needs him to be at 100% for the followup.

Hawk King Claw needs the enemy to be at 100% HP, not Tibarn himself, for Tibarn to double.

Edited by XRay

Just now, XRay said:

Hawk King Claw needs the enemy to be at 100% HP, not Tibarn himself, for Tibarn to double.

That's... even worse. (No savage blow for Galeforce sets LUL.) Not to mention the random ass damage from bolt traps or towers and whatnot in AR.

On the plus side, his base attack is high enough that you might be able to just try and OHKO everything with 10 hp less than max.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

That's... even worse. (No savage blow for Galeforce sets LUL.) Not to mention the random ass damage from bolt traps or towers and whatnot in AR.

On the plus side, his base attack is high enough that you might be able to just try and OHKO everything with 10 hp less than max.

Well, there is always Desperation-Brash Assault that you mentioned if you want guaranteed doubles. Just run Death Blow 4 or Life and Death to make sure he eats enough counter attack damage.

So finally at 5.25 pity rate I got a hero and it was a +Hp -Atk Reyson. This is a pretty bad one but I will work with him as I need to try and save some orbs for the new seasonal banner. So how can I build him? He will be run in a beast / dragon team. Also if he gets demoted what would be the best asset for him to merge him?

Also for some Tailtiu merges (not +10) what would be preferred +Atk or +Spd?

43 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

So finally at 5.25 pity rate I got a hero and it was a +Hp -Atk Reyson. This is a pretty bad one but I will work with him as I need to try and save some orbs for the new seasonal banner. So how can I build him? He will be run in a beast / dragon team. Also if he gets demoted what would be the best asset for him to merge him?

This will definitely be expensive, but here goes.

Reyson (5* +spd)  
Weapon: Heron Wing  
Special: Moonbow  
A: Fort Def Res 3  
B: Wings of Mercy 3  
C: Def Ploy 3  
S: Spd Ploy 3

You could just replace Fortress with Fury. Since he's a flying dancer with WoM it'll be hard for him to constantly proc fortify beasts so you're better off planning ahead with ploys

As for Tailtiu, that's kinda... It depends. If you're using Fury then +atk. If Sturdy Impact then +spd.

Edited by redlight

40 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Generally, every dancer/singer enjoy +Spd nature and Reyson is not exception.

His A slot can be TA or Fury and B slot should be WoM for being traditional dancer. Or if you have Chill Spd, he can use it well too. He can walk 3 space anyways so he can reach his teammates easily.

4 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

In my opinion, Dancers/Singers are unnecessary in a dragon team since the vast majority of them are better off as Enemy Phase units, and Enemy Phase teams do not need a Dancer/Singer. Dragon teams also generally do not want to mix with other units so they can take full advantage of Ward Dragons and basically be a more mobile version of armor teams; at most, they will have one non dragon unit on the team to deal with units with dragon effective Weapons.

For beasts, he pairs best with Tibarn and Naesala as a trio and should ideally be running Hone Beasts or Hone Fliers. Nailah does not need Dancer/Singer support as an Enemy Phase unit, but she would appreciate Fortify Beasts though.

His nature honestly does not matter unless you need him to fight. His nature is actually fine as is if you just need him to survive and I would just stick with his default skill set. If you cannot afford to run Hone Beasts on him, the Hone Atk-Hone Spd combo is good and cheap and it works outside of a beast team too.
+HP/Spd/Def/Res, -Atk
Heron Wing
Sing
Daylight — Miracle
(Any A that boosts HP, Spd, Def, and/or Res)
Guard — Null Follow-Up
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that buffs) — (Any Sacred Seal that boosts HP, Spd, Def, and/or Res)

A Triangle Adept build is the most practical in my opinion. As a Triangle Adept unit, HP and Spd are the least useful stats. Having low HP does not matter since blue units will not get past his Def/Res; Spd is unnecessary with Quick Riposte, and since the unit got Triangle Adept, being doubled does not matter either since the enemy will generally be hitting you for single digit damage. Again, Hone Atk-Hone Spd is the most practical combo in my opinion.
+Atk, -HP/Spd
Heron Wing
Sing
Glimmer — Moonbow
Triangle Adept
Quick Riposte
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal)

I personally have not found Ploys to be that useful on my Dancers/Singers since I need them to be near their allies to provide buffs, so they generally do not have the luxury of breaking formation to set up Ploys. Chills and mobility skills (Flier Formation, Aerobatics, Wings of Mercy) are probably his best B slots in this skill set.
+Res, -HP/Atk/Spd/Def
Heron Wing
Sing
(Any Special)
Res +3 — Fury — Fortress Res — Fort. Def/Res
Chills — Flier Formation — (Any B)
Ploys
Ploys — Fortress Res

Additional explanation on certain stand alone skills and skill combos:

Spoiler

Hone Atk-Hone Spd: As mentioned above, this is effective, cheap, and universally applicable.

Earth Dance/Torrent Dance/Geyser Dance-Hone Atk-Hone Spd: The B slot Dance skill is often combined with the above combo in a team with Blade mages for more buffs.

All other B and Sacred Seal Dance: I would not bother with them. Hone Atk-Hone Spd already covered the most important stats to buff, with Earth Dance/Torrent Dance/Geyser Dance covering the rest.

Guidance: Useful to give infantry units better mobility.

Wings of Mercy: This is more useful on a defense team than a player controlled team. Most players keep their Dancers/Singers close to their allies, rendering Wings of Mercy pretty pointless to begin with unless you are facing a lot of bull shit like in Aether Raids and Abyssal difficulty. In players' hands, it is used most often for extracting nukes out of enemy range after a long distance strike as well as warping Dancers/Singers quickly out of harm's way.

Flier Formation/Aerobatics: It is basically Wings of Mercy, but with a weaker range in exchange for no HP requirements.

Chills: Basically a better Ploy; it generally activates against the most relevant enemy unit without the stat checks or positioning requirements.

4 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

I would go with +Atk if you running her exclusive Weapon since that provides more than enough Spd. I would still keep a +Spd copy in reserve though in case there is another arms race on Spd.

For a Blárblade set, I would go with +Spd.

Edited by XRay

23 hours ago, XRay said:

I would give him Desperation. It gives him a lot more sustainability by moving his followup attack forward to kill the enemy before the enemy can counterattack.

Fury is good if you wish to use Ploys. Not many units reach 34 Res anyways.

However, if you are not going to use Ploys, then I would stick with Mirror Stance so she can fight off dragons better. Mirror Stance gives Atk/Res+1 over Fury, and Leanne does not need Def against dragons and 40 Spd is more than sufficient for her to avoid doubles from most dragons. There are so many other recipients who can use Fury better, so I would save Fury for them.

Desperation does not guarantee a follow up attack, it only changes the order of followup attacks.

Unit initiates and can double, but has no Desperation:
Unit Attack > Enemy Counter Attack > Unit Follow-Up Attack

Unit initiates and can double, and has Desperation:
Unit Attack > Unit Follow-Up Attack > Enemy Counter Attack

Ah sorry if it sounded like i said desperation is guaranteed follow up attack was not i was trying to say. i meant that since he has sturdy impact he already has a way for a guarantee follow up so he already has a way of doubling the enemies so to me B slot could be better used but its a good skill no matter what so you cant really go wrong.

23 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Desperation doesn't guarantee you a follow-up attack. It only moves your follow-up attack before your opponent's counterattack.

@Yukiko The biggest argument against Desperation is the fact that between his high base Def and Sturdy Impact's Def bonus, Tibarn is reasonably safe from taking damage from counterattacks and may even have difficulty activating Desperation in some cases. It's still a good skill to use on him since he has a guaranteed follow-up to make use of it, but unlike squishier units, it's not essential for him.

34 Res after Fury is plenty high enough to use Ploys against most physical units. Roughly 90% of the characters in the game have less than 34 Res at +0 merge and neutral nature.

It's also possible to use Fortress Res instead of Fury to boost that to 36 Res if you aren't intending to use her for combat or Fortress Res in the Sacred Seal slot for 39 Res at the cost of one Ploy skill.

^^^

Edited by Zihark11

1 minute ago, Zihark11 said:

Ah sorry if it sounded like i said desperation is guaranteed follow up attack was not i was trying to say. i meant that since he has sturdy impact he already has a way for a guarantee follow up so he already has a way of doubling the enemies so to me B slot could be better used but its a good skill no matter what so you cant really go on. 

Sturdy Impact doesn't guarantee a follow-up either. It prevents the opponent from performing a follow-up.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sturdy Impact doesn't guarantee a follow-up either. It prevents the opponent from performing a follow-up.

oh shit lol i guess i got the weapon and the skill mixed up.

my bad man. thanks for telling me that.

After the next update, merging to +1 will erase banes (and raise the strongest two (level 1) stats by 1 like before). Merging a neutral unit to +1 will raise their strongest two (level 1) stats by 2 and the third by 1. 

Is that correct?

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

After the next update, merging to +1 will erase banes (and raise the strongest two (level 1) stats by 1 like before). Merging a neutral unit to +1 will raise their strongest two (level 1) stats by 2 and the third by 1. 

Is that correct?

Yep. My Laevatein got [+Atk, -Def], so she would really appreciate the boost in Def.

Hi, there! It's been a while since I was here, but I was wondering if anyone would mind offering some feedback on this potential BK!Chrom build. For the record, he's +10. I kept pulling him when all I wanted was M!Morgan.

Spoiler

5c428b1547a66_FEHUnitBuilder-Chrom(TheBrandedKing).png.c12798f187acf31e2961851cb81919fd.png

Sealed Falchion
☗ Reciprocal Aid [OR] Ardent Sacrifice For lowering health to meet skill thresholds, not sure which to go with; to activate all in set, he'd need 33 HP if my math is correct, so just one use of Ardent Sacrifice would be enough for Brazen and Falchion, but not Desperation.
▶ Bonfire
A: Brazen Atk/Def 3
B: Desperation 3 Not sure how useful this will be with only 32 SPD, but hoping C Skill will help shore it up.
         [ Alternate B: Vantage 3 Wondering if this is a better option, even without Distant Counter on him. ]
C: Threaten Spd 3 [OR] Spd Smoke 3
S: Atk/Def 2
IV: +DEF / -RES
Stats: 45/59/32/43/17

Thanks so kindly!

Edited by Reddazrael
Added Vantage 3