"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

So, I am not so sure if GD Titania’s default weapon is going to work best on an AI team like an AR defense team. What are the best options aside from the spectrum bond weapon she’ll most likely have?

For Player Phase mages without exclusive tomes, their best option has always been Blade tomes. With proper set up, there is nothing quite like 30/6/6/6 combined buffs, or 35/7/7/7 if you have VS!Azura with Hone Attack 4.

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

With proper set up,

"With proper setup" only works on the first turn of Aether Raids.

I agree that Raudhrblade is the best option, but you typically cannot expect the AI to do things correctly.

There's a few unit asset/flaw comparisons I'd like second opinions on. Keeping in mind the Merged Ally update coming up of course.

Sumia [+Spd -Res] current is [+Atk -HP]. In terms of raw power, +Atk is better, but were Sumia to double attack then she'd be able to inflict far more damage anyways. Plus +Spd is quite a bit more flexible in builds than +Atk, though perhaps her speed (base 39) is high enough that she doesn't really need extra besides what she could possibly get from skills?

Adrift M!Corrin [+Res -Def] current [+Def -Res]. +Res brings his defensive ability to a very balanced state, but +Def keeps his overall physical bulk as high as possible.

Faye [+Res -Atk] current [+Atk -Res]. +Res will enable her to go for the Guard Bow+ build, which is as powerful as it is expensive all things considered, while +Atk lets her remain as a Poison Strike Firesweep Bow user that she already is, which is underwhelming but very cheap to throw together. (keep in mind, I have no plans for SIing the Firesweep Bow+ anytime soon)

Brave Veronica [+Atk -Spd] current [Neutral]. Neutral, if I understand the update to merged allies correctly, will put the +3 that would normally go into the merged units Flaw into the 3 highest stats on the unit. In Veronica's case, she'll get +1 HP, Spd, and Atk from the additional stats, in addition to the usual merge stats. Allowing her +Atk -Spd, on the other hand, will heighten her Attack far more while keeping her Speed to her average.

Edited by Xenomata

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I agree that Raudhrblade is the best option, but you typically cannot expect the AI to do things correctly.

I do not think anyone is expecting the AI to play as well as a player, but we can give the unit skills more suited to the AI's play style. The AI is abysmal at using C slot buffs, so Tactics can help the AI out a lot. For units not able to reach players' units, they can also run Rally to buff ally nukes who can reach the player.

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Sumia [+Spd -Res] current is [+Atk -HP]. In terms of raw power, +Atk is better, but were Sumia to double attack then she'd be able to inflict far more damage anyways. Plus +Spd is quite a bit more flexible in builds than +Atk, though perhaps her speed (base 39) is high enough that she doesn't really need extra besides what she could possibly get from skills?

I am going to quote myself from the last page regarding +Atk versus +Spd. I still lean towards +Spd for Sumia since I think it is important to win the Spd race, but Sumia does have enough Spd right now and her Atk is pretty low that I think going either way is fine.

On 2/1/2019 at 11:08 PM, XRay said:

This mostly depends on the foes your units face and how much buff support you are willing to provide for your units. For high scoring Arena and PvE modes, you generally do not need that much Spd since foes are pretty slow. For lower scoring Arena and Aether Raids though, foes often have really competitive skill sets and that makes +Spd much more common.

For example, if I am running FV!F!Robin to carry my Aether Raids team, then I prefer a +Atk copy since I can provide her with a ton of buffs with 2 M!Corrins giving her Ally Support from the back lines. If I am using her as one my combatants instead of as the sole pillar of the team, then I prefer +Spd for having more consistent independent performance.

Generally speaking though, for regular nukes, unless the unit has 30 Atk or below or something, I almost always prefer +Spd.

Adrift M!Corrin [+Res -Def] current [+Def -Res]. +Res brings his defensive ability to a very balanced state, but +Def keeps his overall physical bulk as high as possible.

If you are running Distant Counter, I lean towards +Res to make his bulk more balanced. If not, then I would stick with +Def since he does not really need that much Res if he is not going to face mages.

Faye [+Res -Atk] current [+Atk -Res]. +Res will enable her to go for the Guard Bow+ build, which is as powerful as it is expensive all things considered, while +Atk lets her remain as a Poison Strike Firesweep Bow user that she already is, which is underwhelming but very cheap to throw together. (keep in mind, I have no plans for SIing the Firesweep Bow+ anytime soon)

I prefer +Res since Faye is more suited as a tank with her stats, and I think building towards her final skill set is more important even if it is expensive than building towards her temporary skill set.

Brave Veronica [+Atk -Spd] current [Neutral]. Neutral, if I understand the update to merged allies correctly, will put the +3 that would normally go into the merged units Flaw into the 3 highest stats on the unit. In Veronica's case, she'll get +1 HP, Spd, and Atk from the additional stats, in addition to the usual merge stats. Allowing her +Atk -Spd, on the other hand, will heighten her Attack far more while keeping her Speed to her average.

Unless you plan to have your healers run Atk/Spd Solo to actually compete with mainstream nukes, I prefer offensive healers to go +Atk and Atk stack as much as possible. For most players, Attack +3 is sufficient and there is no need to give them a better A skill or increase their Spd. They are not going to win a Spd race without Atk/Spd Solo, so I think it is more important for them to deal more damage per hit than trying to attempt to double. If they are running Pain-Savage Blow-Savage Blow which most offensive healers are, the area damage also makes doubling less necessary since most enemies would have really low HP, and at that point, you will be more concerned about overwhelming a Res tank's wall than trying to double things that can die in one hit.

If that neutral is your only neutral copy though, I would save it and keep it separate from your main AOTB!Veronica to make following guides easier.

18 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think about the only way to easily get the AI to continuously buff a blade would be Winter Eirika. If you can get the blade to have the highest or equal to highest attack than that is a pretty easy way to get 6/0/5/5. I haven't really tried it yet. Maybe I should. Isn't like my current defense team is up to scratch.

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've obtained my first 4* Sothe, and I do want to eventually promote one, now that I can see natures, how is +Spd/-HP?

Given I see LoD in skillset, is he supposed to be glassy? And if so, is it really a problem if its -HP over -Def or -Res?

He is supposed to be glassy. And +Spd -HP is great. That’s all I have.

3 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

With the update to merges now out, would it be better to merge a neutral Brave Hector into a +res one or is it better to keep the neutral one as the base and merge the +res one into it?

I have also tested +Def in case you ever get that in the future. I am testing them against the Hard List enemies with +1 and +10 merge on both sides, with AOTB!Hector getting Ward Armor buffs and the enemies with no buffs. I think neutral is best over all, but you may also want to test them against buffed enemies just to be sure.

At +1 on both sides:

In a vacuum without buffs, +Def does best, followed by neutral, and +Res does worst.
+Def >>> Neutral >>> +Res

In a Ward Armor team with 1 stack of Ward Armor though, neutral starts catches up to +Def, and neutral does slightly better with 1 less death; +Res is still the worst.
Neutral > +Def >>> +Res

With 2 stacks of Ward Armor, +Res is best, neutral is in the middle, with +Def being worst.
+Res >>> Neutral >>> +Def

With 3 stacks, neutral is best again. +Def and +Res are about the same, with +Res having one less death.
Neutral >>> +Res > +Def

With 4 stacks, neutral is best, closely followed by +Def, and +Res is last.
Neutral > +Def >>> +Res

At +10 on both sides:

0 Buffs:
Neutral >>> +Def >>> +Res

1 Stack of Ward Armor:
+Def > Neutral >>> +Res

2 Stacks:
Neutral >>> +Res >>> +Def

3 Stacks:
Neutral >>> +Def >>> +Res

4 Stacks:
Neutral >>> +Def > +Res

Challenger List +1: (Exporting the builds unfortunately does not export the buffs as well, so you will have manually enter them if you want to test them out.)

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Hector (Brave) (5*+1 +res)  
Weapon: Maltet  
Special: Bonfire  
A: Ostian Counter  
B: Bold Fighter 3  
S: Close Def 3  

Hector (Brave) (5*+1)  

Hector (Brave) (5*+1 +def)  

Hector (Brave) (5*+1)  

Hector (Brave) (5*+1)  

Hector (Brave) (5*+1)  

Hector (Brave) (5*+1)  

Challenger List +10

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Hector (Brave) (5*+10 +res)  

Hector (Brave) (5*+10)  

Hector (Brave) (5*+10 +def)  

Hector (Brave) (5*+10)  

Hector (Brave) (5*+10)  

Hector (Brave) (5*+10)  

Hector (Brave) (5*+10)  

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Do Dragon flower stat increases appear on enemy units in Arena and Aether Raids?

According to the calculator's change log, enemies can get them too, so I assume that includes PvP modes unfortunately.

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've obtained my first 4* Sothe, and I do want to eventually promote one, now that I can see natures, how is +Spd/-HP?

Given I see LoD in skillset, is he supposed to be glassy? And if so, is it really a problem if its -HP over -Def or -Res?

He can pity break you at 5* if you are patient enough. Like his fellow dagger units, he is not particular broken compared to archers like BB!Cordelia, ASS!Takumi, or BH!Lyn, so I do not think you need to promote him unless you really like him.

[+Spd, -HP] is ideal, especially if you are willing to put Fury on him to drop his HP easily to get into Desperation range, but if you are going with Life and Death, I do not think it matters whether he is -HP/Def/Res since he is most likely going to die in one hit. If you merge him though, then his Flaw does not matter at all since it gets eliminated, and the -HP unfortunately gets eliminated too so it makes a little harder to get into Desperation range.

Edited by XRay

@Interdimensional Observer Yeah +SPD is probably is ideal boon. I am not super fond of -HP since it is a superboon AND knocks down both defenses. It can be rather tough to get him to survive a counter. As XRay said Fury is enough for his offense and can help him survive and let him get into desperation range safely. With my LnD +SPD I usually have to attack something that can't fight back to proc his dagger and then take a non-brave moderate ranged hit in order to get him into desperation. He can be a bit finicky to use. Baically the -HP version can only soak 52/51 physical/magical damage when running life and death. It isn't at all hard to hit those numbers. With Fury it is instead 60/59 which is much better. Not to mention you can get down to desperation without ever eating a counter thanks to fury's damage. I still like my life and death one though. If you are willing to do the finicky play his dagger can effectively grant him +8 to his defenses completely closing the gap. Can be fun to play. Can be VERY frustrating when you can't get everything just right.

I went ahead and refined Seth. Triple Tactic set up with QR as his obvious B and Bonfire for his special. Now I am trying to decide what to give him for his A-Skill. I have fodder of both Fortress DEF/RES(it rained Kliff's instead of Tiki's for me) and Steady Stance 4(a bit less than I have of Fortress). These seem the two 'obvious' picks. Of course there is always Fury, but given how many units want it I think I actually have less Fury Fodder than the above two. Figure I would ask which way folk lean here.

I asked this in the Find and Vote thread, and I figured I ask this here too:

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

They say there will be a special wallpaper if I finish finding all the Fehs within a certain amount of times, but it is still the same three wallpapers. Is there a fourth wallpaper that I am missing or is the third wallpaper the special wallpaper that they have been referring to?

— — — — — — —

21 minutes ago, Usana said:

I went ahead and refined Seth. Triple Tactic set up with QR as his obvious B and Bonfire for his special. Now I am trying to decide what to give him for his A-Skill. I have fodder of both Fortress DEF/RES(it rained Kliff's instead of Tiki's for me) and Steady Stance 4(a bit less than I have of Fortress). These seem the two 'obvious' picks. Of course there is always Fury, but given how many units want it I think I actually have less Fury Fodder than the above two. Figure I would ask which way folk lean here.

If he is a purely Enemy Phase unit, I lean towards Steady Stance 4 since its Guard effect is easily the equivalent of Def/Res+6 or more by slowing down or negating Specials.

If you need him to fight on Player Phase too, then I would go with Fort. Def/Res.

Edited by XRay

32 minutes ago, XRay said:

He can pity break you at 5* if you are patient enough. Like his fellow dagger units, he is not particular broken compared to archers like BB!Cordelia, ASS!Takumi, or BH!Lyn, so I do not think you need to promote him unless you really like him.

Achoo!

*Sniffles* Sorry. Seasonal allergies. I'm a follower of Emblem Science, so no medications to alleviate them for me.

And yeah I'll promote him then if +Spd is the best. He and Naesalad will be the first two I spend Feathers on. And if I get the fluke 5*, I guess I could feed him it, LoD 3 is in the common pool from all I hear of it on budget builds. And Spur Atk/Spd 2 while nice, is probably not incredible.

Don't particularly love his character, alas he needed more PoR supports and a better relationship with Tormod, just because he is a little too Micaiah-centric in RD. All this said I REALLY want to put together my Radiant Rondo, and he is one of its members. Now I just need a better Soren and any Micaiah for it to work.

Plus the belly shirt is growing on me. Here's hoping we get his Whisper promotion attire eventually- it is a story-induced promotion.:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20121226034539

Plus I want his PoR self where his clothes actually fit him. Being that he has Blossom there- increased growths in exchange for reduced EXP gain, the Trainee bonus is order. Unless IS thinks shotas don't deserve it when it is due and only lolis and ore-Surtr-sama are worthy of the boost. Really, Julian, Chad, Cath, and possibly Dew also deserve Trainee BST. And I want Julian and Dew! -Canon Green Dagger in Dew even.

@Usana and @Azure in a Roundabout, thanks for the advice too.

Now back to listening to the XCX OST, I'm Wir Fliegen at the moment. Like Sothe's shirt, this has somehow grown on me. Now if only Lyn or Lucina had an Elma alt with dual swords as Daggers and Ghost Factory in some skill slot. 1 hit nullification per turn for everyone!

Asking in case anyone has any ideas I may have glossed over... and because I'm indecisive:

I'm building a +10 Summer Linde right now and have the option of any possible Asset. I'd love to stick with her default Starfish, but it's just vastly inferior to Barb Shuriken, so I'm probably going to be throwing a Kaze in the woodchipper for it.

Effective damage weapons are out of the question since I want this to be a general-use build.

Her defenses are worse than wet tissue, so I'm not sure it's even worth running a build that doesn't have Ardent Sacrifice on it. I wonder if anyone else has experience with extremely glassy cannons to weigh in because I sure as hell don't.

Here are my current thoughts on a build:

+10 Summer Linde [+Spd]
Barb Shuriken+ [Spd]
Ardent Sacrifice
Moonbow
Brazen Atk/Spd 3
Desperation 3
Spd Ploy 3 / Def Ploy 3 / Hone Cavalry / whatever
Brazen Atk/Res 3 / Brazen Atk/Def 3

It's incapable of breaking through the bulkiest armors, but I don't think there's anything I can actually do about that. I'm also not going to have Brazen Atk/Spd available for a long while since I'm not foddering off Robin or Linus for it, but whatever.

Ducks is actually better than Barb Shuriken, but I'm not going to part with an Elise until I get at least 12 of her.

After the merge update to remove Flaws, a lot of Ardent Sacrifice builds stopped working because they relied on -HP to keep the unit's max HP at 40 or lower. Thankfully, Linde has neutral 39 HP at +10 merge with a refined weapon.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Unless IS thinks shotas don't deserve it when it is due and only lolis and ore-Surtr-sama are worthy of the boost.

Everyone forgets that Donnel, Faye, Tobin, and Gray also have the trainee boost.

Edited by Ice Dragon

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Her defenses are worse than wet tissue, so I'm not sure it's even worth running a build that doesn't have Ardent Sacrifice on it. I wonder if anyone else has experience with extremely glassy cannons to weigh in because I sure as hell don't.

I prefer Fury over Brazen Atk/Spd for fragile nukes, as it feels more convenient getting into Desperation range automatically through use, even if the unit is losing out on Atk/Spd+4. For ASS!Linde though, her magical bulk seems decent and she does not look that fragile, so I think she is fine with either skill. If you do feel that she is too fragile to take a counter attack, then I think Fury would be better due to the recoil damage getting her into Desperation range.

As for her Assist, I prefer Reposition over Ardent Sacrifice since you can use Fury to get into Desperation range, and using Ardent Sacrifice also means that you need an ally to take non-lethal damage. If you can use her effectively like healers without Reposition, I guess Ardent Sacrifice is okay. For Aether Raids in Tier 20, there are enough poorly placed Bolt Traps that I think Ardent Sacrifice generally is not necessary. For Arena and Arena Assault, Ardent Sacrifice depends on her teammates; if she is on a team full of nukes, Ardent Sacrifice might not be as good since every nuke wants to be in low HP range; if she is on a team with Enemy Phase units, Ardent Sacrifice is pretty good both to heal up her ally and get her HP down.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Everyone forgets that Donnel, Faye, Tobin, and Gray also have the trainee boost.

Kliff too.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I prefer Fury over Brazen Atk/Spd for fragile nukes, as it feels more convenient getting into Desperation range automatically through use, even if the unit is losing out on Atk/Spd+4. For ASS!Linde though, her magical bulk seems decent and she does not look that fragile, so I think she is fine with either skill. If you do feel that she is too fragile to take a counter attack, then I think Fury would be better due to the recoil damage getting her into Desperation range.

As for her Assist, I prefer Reposition over Ardent Sacrifice since you can use Fury to get into Desperation range, and using Ardent Sacrifice also means that you need an ally to take non-lethal damage. If you can use her effectively like healers without Reposition, I guess Ardent Sacrifice is okay. For Aether Raids in Tier 20, there are enough poorly placed Bolt Traps that I think Ardent Sacrifice generally is not necessary. For Arena and Arena Assault, Ardent Sacrifice depends on her teammates; if she is on a team full of nukes, Ardent Sacrifice might not be as good since every nuke wants to be in low HP range; if she is on a team with Enemy Phase units, Ardent Sacrifice is pretty good both to heal up her ally and get her HP down.

The problem with Fury is that it significantly reduces the build's effectiveness.

Brazen Atk/Spd when active gives Linde a 196-40-12 match-up against the Hard List (Linde with +6/6/6/6, enemies with +6/6/3/3).

Fury 4 only gives Linde a 164-57-27 match-up after Ardent Sacrifice, and a paltry 68-116-46 at full health. I was able to boost her full health performance to 105-115-28 using dual Ploys, but that has a disappointing 133-95-20 after Desperation is activated.

This also isn't an Aether Raids build. I have dedicated teams of more effective units for that.

Why do you think I'd ever run a team full of nukes? You know the kind of teams I like playing.

Over the course of playing I've gathered multiple copies of a few five stars and I'm wondering what I should do with them (merge, save for skill inheritance, etc.). With the merge update being out now I thought this was a good a time as any to ask. I have...

• Three Fjorms (two neutral) (+ATK -DEF)
  • Two Brave Lucinas (neutral) (+ATK -DEF)
  • Two Azuras (+DEF -RES) (+RES -HP)
  • Two Summer Cordelias (+ATK -HP) (+SPD -DEF)
  • Two Dorcases (+DEF -HP) (+HP -RES)
  • Two Lokis (+RES -DEF) (+DEF -SPD)

The problem with Fury is that it significantly reduces the build's effectiveness.

Brazen Atk/Spd when active gives Linde a 196-40-12 match-up against the Hard List (Linde with +6/6/6/6, enemies with +6/6/3/3).

Fury 4 only gives Linde a 164-57-27 match-up after Ardent Sacrifice, and a paltry 68-116-46 at full health. I was able to boost her full health performance to 105-115-28 using dual Ploys, but that has a disappointing 133-95-20 after Desperation is activated.

Fury does reduce her effectiveness, but she can start attacking things from the get go without the need to specifically set things up. I prefer the convenience of Fury, but I think both A skills are fine and you do not seem to mind the set up.

This also isn't an Aether Raids build. I have dedicated teams of more effective units for that.

For Grand Conquest and Tempest Trials, Brazens are good. I am not sure if Ardent Sacrifice is worth it though since there should be plenty of units that she can safely initiate on in Grand Conquest, and she should have no trouble eating a counter or be initiated on in the first few maps of Tempest Trials.

If it is for Arena or Arena Assault or any short maps though, then Fury is better in my opinion since the maps do not last long enough to make setting up for Brazens worth it.

Why do you think I'd ever run a team full of nukes? You know the kind of teams I like playing.

I am assume ASS!Linde will have mostly have dragon allies then, and her primary opponents will be anti-dragon mages/thieves and maybe Falchion users. I think she might have difficulties with buffed Julia/Deirdre with Divine Naga since they can cancel her buffs while keeping their own and be surprisingly tanky. Other than those two, I do not think other foes are that note worthy as she can either out right kill them of have her dragon allies finish them off.

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Three Fjorms (two neutral) (+ATK -DEF)

For Fjorm, she does not have much to offer in my opinion, outside of Drive Atk. If you not using her for that, then I would merge her.

I would save one of her neutral copies at 5*+0 for following guides though. It is always a good idea in my opinion to keep all one copy of each free unit since you never know when you need to rely on a strategy video.

For her build, if she is not sticking with her default, then she should either run Steady Breath or Steady Stance on the A slot, with the former getting more kills while the latter getting a lot less deaths.

Challenger List: (I have included +Spd as well if you want to test things out.)

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Fjorm (5*+10 +spd)  
Weapon: Leiptr  
Special: Ignis  
A: Steady Breath  
B: Guard 3  
C: Drive Atk 2  
S: Quick Riposte 3  

Fjorm (5*+10 +atk)  

Fjorm (5*+10)  

Fjorm (5*+10 +spd)  
A: Steady Stance 4  
B: Quick Riposte 3  
S: Atk Def Bond 3  

Fjorm (5*+10 +atk)  

Fjorm (5*+10)  

Two Brave Lucinas (neutral) (+ATK -DEF)

You can use her for Aether, but you can get that from Chrom, who is much more common. Drive Spd can be obtained from Tailtiu 4*.

I would merge. +Atk is better. Ideally, you want +Spd.

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Lucina (Brave) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Geirskogul  
Special: Moonbow  
A: Swift Sparrow 2  
B: Desperation 3  
C: Drive Spd 2  
S: Atk Spd 2  

Lucina (Brave) (5*+10)  

Lucina (Brave) (5*+10 +spd)  

A: Fury 4  

Lucina (Brave) (5*+10)  

A: Life and Death 3  

Lucina (Brave) (5*+10)  

Two Azuras (+DEF -RES) (+RES -HP)

I would merge. Either nature is fine. +Def helps her tackle swords better, while +Res helps her wall red mages and tank dragons. If you are not really sure, I would go +Def, since she already got enough Res to take minimal damage from magical attacks.

Two Summer Cordelias (+ATK -HP) (+SPD -DEF)

She got one of the best Player Phase lances in the game, so you can fodder her.

I personally prefer merging though, since she got good Assets. If you do merge, I think either Asset is fine, but I lean slightly towards +Spd. Which nature you choose depends mostly on the mode and enemies she will face. In PvE modes and high scoring Arena, you do not need that much Spd so +Atk is better, but in Aether Raids and low scoring Arena where performance matters more, +Spd is better in my opinion to ensure reliable doubles.

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Cordelia (SA) (5*+10 +spd)  
Weapon: Shell Lance+  
Upgrade Path: 2  

Cordelia (SA) (5*+10 +atk)  

S: Heavy Blade 3  

Weapon: Slaying Lance+  

Two Dorcases (+DEF -HP) (+HP -RES)

I would merge. +Def is better.

You can fodder him for Fierce Stance if you have Julia; you can Atk stack her and give her Vantage, so she can one shot dragons and blue mages once she is in HP range. Leo can also use it since he is a pretty good ranged tank as his tome can stop ranged units from doubling him.

Spoiler

Julia +Atk
Naga [special]
(Any Assist)
Moonbow — (Any Special)
Fierce Stance
Vantage
(Any C)
Fierce Stance

Leo +Atk/Def/Res
Brynhildr [special]
(Any Assist)
Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Atk/Def/Res)
Quick Riposte
(Any C)
Atk/Def Bond — Distant Def — Fierce Stance

Infantry Pulse kind of sucks in my opinion, but if you have an Ophelia with Special Spiral, you can put it on mage Dancer/Singer to fully charge Ophelia's Special on turn 1 to get her going.

Spoiler

Ophelia +Atk
Missiletainn
Reposition
Blazing Wind — (Any Area Special)
Life and Death
Special Spiral
Hardey Bearing

Dancer/Singer +HP
(Any Weapon)
Dance — Sing
(Any Special)
HP+5 — (Any A that boosts HP)
Chill Res — (Any B)
(Any C)
HP+5

Two Lokis (+RES -DEF) (+DEF -SPD)

I would save the +Res for sure. Using the +Def as skill or merge fodder are both fine.

If you plan to fodder her, I think Nino would be the best recipient as her new tome comes with Even Atk Wave. With both Wave skills, Nino will always have Atk+6.

Over the course of playing I've gathered multiple copies of a few five stars and I'm wondering what I should do with them (merge, save for skill inheritance, etc.). With the merge update being out now I thought this was a good a time as any to ask. I have...

Oh, I forgot to mention, if you did not already know, there will be a Skill Inheritance update in March that allows you to fodder 4 skills at once instead of the current 3, so I would wait until March before you start inheriting anything.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I am assume ASS!Linde will have mostly have dragon allies then, and her primary opponents will be anti-dragon mages/thieves and maybe Falchion users. I think she might have difficulties with buffed Julia/Deirdre with Divine Naga since they can cancel her buffs while keeping their own and be surprisingly tanky. Other than those two, I do not think other foes are that note worthy as she can either out right kill them of have her dragon allies finish them off.

There's no point in running cavalry unless it's 4 cavalry.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No Dancer/Singer? I assume she is going to hit something and then have Hríd or something Reposition her back?

39 minutes ago, XRay said:

No Dancer/Singer? I assume she is going to hit something and then have Hríd or something Reposition her back?

Dancers can't equip Hone Cavalry or Fortify Cavalry. Therefore, they are unnecessary.

Anyone else have experience with Ardent Sacrifice recently, or has that strategy died off completely?

21 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

What did the update change in L!Azura's praying wheel? I got confused a bit confused, will the dance skills now give +5 to all stats or I misunderstood this?

Dance buff skills now apply their buff before Prayer Wheel duplicates the buff.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Personally I run Rein as a one-of a lot. (Even the AR team where he's with another cav the other cav is double Savage Blow Ethylyn---if there was a 3 move flying staff then I'd run that instead).

That speaks more about Rein in general and about Legendary Azura than it does about cavalry as a unit type, though. (Just like how Reinhardt being a viable Hardy Bearing user said pretty much jack all about how useful Hardy Bearing actually was before we got Ophelia.) And even before the whole 'let's force everyone to run 2 defensive supports' thing I only ran horses as a pair rather than a 4 of.* (You get more mobility from adding dancers than from adding horses at that point, and dancers gave you more combat order options.)

*If I had a horse on regular Cordelia's level (like, say, a +10 Summer Cordelia), I probably wouldn't have minded running 3, but honestly even then I'd probably just take out Horse Lyn for Legendary Lucina---and have the most blue stacked team on the planet in Rein + Summer Cordelia + Legendary Lucina.

This isn't a gameplay question, and IS could always mess with me, but how large have the gaps been for two banners from the same game/duology? Weren't there two FE4 banners last year?

I ask since in two days, the Micaiah & Sothe BHB banner rerun is happening, and I need Micaiah. But whether I also try for Sanaki is dependent on when the next Tellius banner is likely to be. I could likely hold back on an FE6-8, but if Jill or Haar or Ranulf comes around, I'll be forced to spend. And sorry Sanaki, but they take priority over you. So I need to conserve Orbs for that.