"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @Ice Dragon @Hawk King @Kaden @Johann @LordFrigid @NegativeExponents-

Yeah so... I have 4 Mias. I was considering Flashing Blade as fodder for Athena or something but I realize it's not really that great of an A skill so I'm just going to merge her. I have +DEF and +RES Mias (with -ATK and -SPD flaws, but those don't really matter anymore.).

• +DEF Mia would have 32/26 mixed bulk for decent physical hardiness (propped up to 35/29 w/Fury 3).
  • +RES Mia would have 29/30 mixed bulk as the super asset equalizes her bulk with an emphasis on RES (32/33 w/Fury).

Which Mia?

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @Ice Dragon @Hawk King @Kaden @Johann @LordFrigid @NegativeExponents-

Yeah so... I have 4 Mias. I was considering Flashing Blade as fodder for Athena or something but I realize it's not really that great of an A skill so I'm just going to merge her. I have +DEF and +RES Mias (with -ATK and -SPD flaws, but those don't really matter anymore.).

• +DEF Mia would have 32/26 mixed bulk for decent physical hardiness (propped up to 35/29 w/Fury 3).
  • +RES Mia would have 29/30 mixed bulk as the super asset equalizes her bulk with an emphasis on RES (32/33 w/Fury).

Which Mia?

Do you have any decent Res infantry swordies to need a niche?

Personally I'd go with Def because she's a melee unit. Unless you want her to deal with dragons (or mages with DC but they hit pretty hard these days), then I prefer Def because that's the stat she'll mostly be battling with.

Unless you just want to have fun with Mia and give her ploy support with 33 Res :P

@Xenomata Alright thanks!

Edited by mcsilas

Does anyone know if last year’s Love Abounds banner is going to have a rerun during this time? I was surprised to not see it with the new banner on Friday and I wanted to try my luck since I missed my chance for them before!

16 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Which Mia?

With +Def a +4 Mia with Fury 3 will have 75 physical bulk and 69 magical bulk. +Res Mia with Fury 3 will have 72 physical and 73 magical. 

I'd say to go with +Res, Mia has a ton of Spd to not worry about doubles so she'll appreciate a more balanced spread instead of focusing on one stat and then getting one shot by high Atk mages/dragons (those 70+ Atk Lilinas are no joke). +Def will make her just a slightly bulkier Ayra+0 and due to her lack of Regnal Astra Mia will end up as the inferior unit most of the time but with her higher Res she'll be a good unit for battling those pesky dragons.

Edited by Alexmender

9 minutes ago, Koji said:

Does anyone know if last year’s Love Abounds banner is going to have a rerun during this time? I was surprised to not see it with the new banner on Friday and I wanted to try my luck since I missed my chance for them before!

It will probably be rerun sometime this week (I would think before Valentine's Day?).

Reruns don't show up on event calendars so it's a bit of a guessing game.

Also another question, I think with double EXP/SP this is the best time to finally build my Azama. What's a better boon for him, +Spd or +Res? They're both superboons and there's a case for one or the other but just wondering what other people's thoughts are?

29 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Which Mia?

I think +Def is the more optimal choice, but +Res sounds really fun. Maybe you can do a +Res meme.

38 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Which Mia?

What are you thinking for the rest of her build, and generally how/where do you plan to use her? I'd lean towards Def myself but it would depend on what kinds of enemies you intend to have her up against. Focusing on Res seems a waste since Res+4 is not going to make a difference in most situations against mages (who tend to be armed to the teeth with offensive skills that anyone with middling Res can't deal with) or dragons, who tend to either be not too dangerous when baited, or packing major threats like Bold Fighter.

52 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Which Mia?

I'd lean towards +Def. The difference between the two is almost completely negligible, so you may as well bump up her Def to take less damage to more common physical enemies.

37 minutes ago, Koji said:

They haven't not re-run a seasonal banner, so it's pretty much guaranteed to return. If the upcoming Voting Gauntlet is Valentine themed, it's likely to show up at that time. If not, then it'll just appear on its own a few days from now.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Which Mia?

I’d go for the +def. Most common enemies she’ll be facing are physical and she should still be able to take on a dragon without the extra res.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Also another question, I think with double EXP/SP this is the best time to finally build my Azama. What's a better boon for him, +Spd or +Res? They're both superboons and there's a case for one or the other but just wondering what other people's thoughts are?

I think +spd is the best choice. Best way to mitigate magical damage would be to simply avoid doubles unless you can completely wall it (which Azama can’t do) It also helps with his physical bulk for the same reason.

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

Which Mia?

Like the others have asked, what exactly do you want to do with her? For example, if you're going hard in with Barrier Blade or Safeguard, then going for the respective defensive stat would make sense to get it as high as possible. If you want her to fight mainly other physical units, then +Res wouldn't be that useful while having her fight mages on enemy phase with Distant Counter or dragons, +Res would be more useful. In the case of dragons, though, the Falchion units might be more useful with that and and units with Distant Counter swords would be able to run a breath skill at the same time or some other A passive. Granted, most them will likely not be as fast as Mia.

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

I lean towards +Res. Azama is already really slow, and getting him to 30 Spd is not going to help him avoid doubles unless you Spd stack him, which is really difficult since he cannot run Darting Stance.

He can get to 40 Spd if you merge him to 5*+10 and put two Speed +3 on him, but I think he is better off running two Fortress Def and turn him into a Def wall. 40 Spd is fine for Arena and PvE content, but 40 Spd at +10 is not going to cut it if it is against nukes. With dual Fortress Def and Fear [Dazzling Staff], Azama can get the equivalent of 49 Def, or 52 Def if he is +Def, and he can basically sit on a defense tile for a really long time. If you got Steady Stance 3 or Fort. Def/Res for his A slot, that will then be 50 Def, or 53 Def if he is +Def.

Edited by XRay

7 hours ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Question:

What seal will be better for my LA!Titania - atk/spd+2 or Atk/Spd bond 3.

I plan on running her staff, blade, and wolf tomes, if that's any help. She's going to have Swift Sparrow as her A and desperation as her B.

Atk/Spd or the upcoming Darting Blow from Tempest Trials.

Bonds are for Enemy Phase tanks. Player Phase nukes often need to break formation away from their allies, which means Bond skills simply is not effective most of the time. You can move another unit forward to satisfy Bond's requirement, but that means you are wasting a unit's turn just to give a stat boost to another unit; no matter how big the stat boost is, using two units to kill one foe is simply not worth it.

I would just stick with Blade tomes. Her default Bloom is for Enemy Phase units and Wolf tomes suck because Blade tomes can cover cavalry foes with its brute force while Wolf tomes cannot do the same for infantry, fliers, and armor.

Edited by XRay

20 minutes ago, XRay said:

Atk/Spd or the upcoming Darting Blow from Tempest Trials.

Bonds are for Enemy Phase tanks. Player Phase tanks often need to break formation away from their allies, which means Bond skills simply is not effective most of the time. You can move another unit forward to satisfy Bond's requirement, but that means you are wasting a unit's turn just to give a stat boost to another unit; no matter how big the stat boost is, using two units to kill one foe is simply not worth it.

I would just stick with Blade tomes. Her default Bloom is for Enemy Phase units and Wolf tomes suck because Blade tomes can cover cavalry foes with its brute force while Wolf tomes cannot do the same for infantry, fliers, and armor.

Got it - thanks for the advice!

Any advice for her c skill? I have attack smoke there now; she will be on a mixed, non-cavalry team. I am thinking a speed wave would likely be her best bet.

6 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Got it - thanks for the advice!

Any advice for her c skill? I have attack smoke there now; she will be on a mixed, non-cavalry team. I am thinking a speed wave would likely be her best bet.

I personally do not like Waves because they are not consistent. If you do not mind it not working half the time, I guess they are okay.

I would go with Tactics or Hones and Fortifies.

How should I go about Valentine Lyn? I have her [+Atk -Def] and [+Res -HP].

Of the two natures, I suppose +Atk brings her meh Attack to still meh but definitely better, making any set she takes on more damaging, while +Res makes her more of a Res tank, especially if she were to receive Blarowl.

On 10.2.2019 at 2:25 AM, Zeo said:

Which Mia?

Like others mentioned, it shouldn't make a big difference (only 2 difference in Ignis damage for example). While I love units with 35+ DEF (+DEF Laevatein is fun), perhaps I'd go with +RES in this case for a balanced bulk. 

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

How should I go about Valentine Lyn? I have her [+Atk -Def] and [+Res -HP].

Of the two natures, I suppose +Atk brings her meh Attack to still meh but definitely better, making any set she takes on more damaging, while +Res makes her more of a Res tank, especially if she were to receive Blarowl.

Depends on what you need her to do. I personally lean towards +Atk since I prefer ranged armors to go Bold Fighter. If you want to use her as an Enemy Phase unit with Owl-Close Counter, then I lean towards +Res.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Depends on what you need her to do. I personally lean towards +Atk since I prefer ranged armors to go Bold Fighter. If you want to use her as an Enemy Phase unit with Owl-Close Counter, then I lean towards +Res.

Owltome would be alright, but I've more than plenty of blue EP units on both the physical and magical side, so... think I'll trust in +Atk.

I probably won't be able to at on it til summer, but I might be able to secure a Juicy Wave+ for her and let her run Atk based A passive, Bold Fighter, and probably Glimmer... though I guess Blarblade works just as well to...

So ive got a Nephenee now and im really excited. 

I wanna do a high investment build for her and this is what i got so far.

Dauntless lance (with refine)

Reposition

moonbow/Aether (was thinking this could be good)

Steady Stance 3 (do not have steady breath fodder)

Wrath 3

spd smoke 3 (help her team/help herself against the speedy guys)

quick riposte 3 

im trying to make her an enemy phase unit but is there a better skill then steady stance 3? It seemed like the right choice at the time making her +10 def during combat.

38 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

Reposition

Wrath 3

quick riposte 3 

im trying to make her an enemy phase unit but is there a better skill then steady stance 3? It seemed like the right choice at the time making her +10 def during combat.

You can get Steady Posture 2 from Reyson, since he is a 4-5 star unit.

Or you can do Sturdy Stance from Halloween Dorcas.

5 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

I would not run Moonbow since Nephenee can afford to run a higher cooldown Special (e.g.: Bonfire) due to the Slaying effect on her lance. Without an A slot Breath skill, Aether is not good for sustainability because it charges too slow.

As for the A skill, since you are going Wrath, I am not sure how much you care about sustainability. If you do not care about sustainability or are offloading it to a healer, Fury is a much cheaper and better option as it boosts all her stats sans HP.

Wrath 3

quick riposte 3 

In my opinion, Wrath in general is not for regular Enemy Phase units. The extra 10 damage from Wrath-Quick Riposte is not guaranteed since you need Nepehenee to drop below 75% HP during combat for it to work, and that sometimes simply is not going to happen if you park Nephenee on a defense tile or a sword foe's attack simply glances off her. Quick Riposte-Atk/Def Bond is a better option since its Atk+5 results in a guaranteed 10 extra damage when paired with Quick Riposte, and its Def+5 helps Nephenee survive being initiated on while also giving her Bonfire extra damage. Alternatively, you can run Atk/Spd Bond instead if she faces a lot of high Spd foes.

Personally, I would just keep it simple and run Hones, Fortifies, Tactics, and Drives.

Depending on the mode, Spd Smoke is unnecessary, so I would replace it with another Smoke depending on where you use her. Even then, Smokes in general do not mesh too well with Enemy Phase units since it has a similar problem to Threatens in that they do not affect foes effectively. Smokes do absolutely jack shit against the first foe initiating on the unit. And even if it affects multiple foes after combat, you generally do not want those foes to swarm the unit either since Nephenee has no where near the durability of an armor unit unless you give her something like 2 stacks worth of M!Corrin buffs.

I do not recommend Spd Smoke in 720+ Arena score range and PvE modes since 40 Spd is sufficient to avoid most foes' doubles, and with Nephenee hitting 42 Spd on Enemy Phase (5*+0, Dauntless Lance [special], neutral Spd, Fury), Spd Smoke really does not contribute much. Spd Smoke makes more sense in lower tier Arena or Aether Raids where units would be running performance based skill sets that emphasize Spd more often; particularly in Aether Raids, with the proliferation of VS!Azura, nukes can often reach 50+ Spd.

I would go with something like:

+Spd
Dauntless [special]
(Any Assist)
Bonfire
Fury — Atk/Spd Bond — Atk/Def Bond — Spd/Def Bond — Kestral Stance — Sturdy Stance — Steady Posture
Quick Riposte
(Any C)
Atk/Def Bond — Atk/Spd Bond — Close Def

You can also play around with the builds in the calculator and import the Challenger List into it:

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Nephenee (5*+10)  
Weapon: Dauntless Lance  
Special: Bonfire  
A: Steady Stance 3  
B: Wrath 3  
S: Quick Riposte 3  
Upgrade Path: 5  

Nephenee (5*+10)  
A: Steady Posture 2  
B: Wrath 3  
S: Quick Riposte 3  

Nephenee (5*+10)  
A: Fury 3  
B: Quick Riposte 3  
S: Atk Def Bond 3  

Nephenee (5*+10)  
A: Fury 3  
B: Quick Riposte 3  
S: Atk Spd Bond 3  

Edited by XRay

Just now, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Would Fury and QR not mesh well?

That is true. But if he is willing to run Wrath, I assume he is willing to refill Nephenee's HP back up again, since having an Enemy Phase unit be in Wrath range is not exactly ideal since they really need that HP to survive.

I will edit in other options too just in case he wants something less maintenance.

6 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

Reposition

Wrath 3

quick riposte 3 

Boosting your Def makes it harder to activate Wrath. I'd personally opt for boosts to your Atk (to hit harder) or Spd (to not get doubled) unless you can get your hands on a spare Steady Stance 4. Fury is also fine.

If you're running Wrath, you want either Moonbow for dual phase or Bonfire for enemy phase as your Special.

If you're running Moonbow, you probably don't need Quick Riposte and can replace it with Fierce Stance or Darting Stance. If you're running Bonfire with a Breath skill (if you get your hands on one), then you also don't need Quick Riposte.

I'm not terribly fond of Smoke skills on enemy-phase units because it's harder to splash enemies with the effect when they move away from their allies to attack you.