"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

10 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

I'm low on Fury supply and it might clash with Quick Riposte but I'll consider it once I pull more Hinata's. 

Then simply Atk +3 will be good enough until then. Possibly Atk/Res 2 from a Tailtiu.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

What's a budget A skill for a +Atk/-Spd Julia? She's going to be used to deal with dragons in AA. I refined her weapon and would like to give her Mirror Stance once it's available in the 4* regular summoning pool but in the meantime, something else will have to do. 

If you want her to specialize against dragons:
Naga [special]
(Any Assist)
Moonbow — (Any Special)
Fierce Stance
Vantage
(Any C)
Fierce Stance

For a regular Enemy Phase set:
Naga [Res] — Divine Naga [special]
(Any Assist)
Moonbow — Iceberg
(Any A that boosts Atk/Res)*
Quick Riposte — Guard
(Any C)
Distant Def — Quick Riposte
*If you are willing to spend Grails, GOW!Cecilia got Atk/Res Bond at 4*, and Gharnef got Mirror Stance at 4*. If you are willing to spend Feathers, Silvia is in the 4* pool and she fully unlocks Mirror Stance at 5*. If you mostly use her in Arena Assault, Triangle Adept is also an option.

@Azure in a Roundabout @XRay I personally don't like having to spend resources(feathers and grails etc.) just for skill fodder so I'll try out Atk + 3 and TA and see how things go.

Question about arena score. Is it true that the recent merge update stopped considering the bane for merged units in terms of BST? As in, if an asset pushed a merged unit's BST into the next bin, the bane won't be considered in terms of arena scoring? Or did the scoring system stay the same?

21 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

I personally don't like having to spend resources(feathers and grails etc.) just for skill fodder

If you are an active player and are in the top 20,000 in PvP, you gain 20,000 Feathers in around 2 weeks give or take a few days depending on the events happening at the time.

Merging gives your unit a stat increase of 5 or 6 for the first merge, but only 2 for the second merge and onwards, and you also cannot control the stat distribution as easily and often times the Flaw that is fixed is not even relevant. On the other hand, getting Mirror Stance 3 is a stat increase of 4 compared to Mirror Stance 2 and the stat increase is distributed specifically to Atk and Res.

21 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Question about arena score. Is it true that the recent merge update stopped considering the bane for merged units in terms of BST? As in, if an asset pushed a merged unit's BST into the next bin, the bane won't be considered in terms of arena scoring? Or did the scoring system stay the same?

Merge units have their BST increased by 3 or 4 depending on the Flaw. Unmerged units have their original BST that factors in the Flaw like in the original scoring system.

Edited by XRay

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

Merge units have their BST increased by 3 or 4 depending on the Flaw. Unmerged units have their original BST that factors in the Flaw like in the original scoring system.

Thanks.

I read the  3.2 update notification again and it seems like they neglected to mention this part. I didn't see the part regarding BST being mentioned anywhere.

First, I get this is a subjective question and depends on what I really want. I get that. But generally speaking is it worth the 20k feathers to promote Cordelia only to sacrifice her for Clair to have Galeforce. I know there’s a reason I see so many of those builds (and have used friend’s copies in different modes). I don’t have a 5* Cordelia yet and it feels a little sacrilegious (I kid) to promote someone I don’t have just to immediately sacrifice...but Clair with Galeforce...wow.

30 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

First, I get this is a subjective question and depends on what I really want. I get that. But generally speaking is it worth the 20k feathers to promote Cordelia only to sacrifice her for Clair to have Galeforce. I know there’s a reason I see so many of those builds (and have used friend’s copies in different modes). I don’t have a 5* Cordelia yet and it feels a little sacrilegious (I kid) to promote someone I don’t have just to immediately sacrifice...but Clair with Galeforce...wow.

It is. Personal example, I promoted Subaki and Klein a number of times before I ever actually "trained" them purely for Quick Riposte 3.

If it's the only Cordelia you have with a good Asset/Flaw however, I'd look at other options. Believe me in saying it's not worth it to give up an entirely good unit just to make another unit slightly better.

so quick question if I pull a five star from a pity rate is it wise to keep summoning in that session or just pull out? Cause I recall hearing somewhere that the heroes within the session are pre-determined once you start the session.

1 hour ago, Ottservia said:

so quick question if I pull a five star from a pity rate is it wise to keep summoning in that session or just pull out? Cause I recall hearing somewhere that the heroes within the session are pre-determined once you start the session.

Typically, yes. They are predetermined when the session starts as opposed to when the orb is selected, so one 5* does not mean that's the only 5*: if you've gone to the Pull Topic, there've been a number of times where someone has gotten up to four 5* units in the same session (lucky sunnavaguns).

Just remember that it's still chance: one 5* and a slightly higher 5* rate does not mean there will be more than just the on 5*.

3 hours ago, Ottservia said:

The pity rate does not reset until you leave the session (any pulls afterwards will count towards your next pity rate, however).

2 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Do blessings carry over with merges?

Yes, everything carries over except for SP. You can check what carries over in the preview screen.

6 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

I accidentally gave my Lilina Fury 3 without realizing she already had Death Blow 3.

Which of the two A skills would be best for her? I'm planning to +10 her.

Death Blow, no contest. She’s made to nuke things.

2 hours ago, Hekselka said:

I accidentally gave my Lilina Fury 3 without realizing she already had Death Blow 3.

Which of the two A skills would be best for her? I'm planning to +10 her.

Depends on the skill set up you plan to give her.

Blazing Spam:
+Atk
Forblaze [special]
Reposition
Blazing Wind — (Any Blazing Special)
Life and Death
Special Spiral
(Any C) — Res Smoke — Savage Blow
Heavy Blade

Moonbow/Glimmer Spam:
+Atk
Forblaze [special]
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Death Blow
Special Spiral
Attack +3 — Heavy Blade — Hardy Bearing

Desperation-Brash Assault:
+Atk
Forblaze [special]
Reposition
(Any Special) — Moonbow — Glimmer — Iceberg
Fury
Desperation
Brash Assault

Well im bloody pissed off. Dropped a $100 to get 140 orbs so i could get roy before the banner goes away. Not only did i not get Roy in 140 orbs i didint even get a single 5 star on 8% focus banner which the percentage goes up.

ive always had good outcomes from buying the orbs for guys i really wanted (2 tibarns, nailah, and leanne) but i feel robbed. So dissapointing. Probably will never buy orbs again now. Feels like the summoning should be adjusted for like every 50 orbs spent is a *5 at least. 

Edited by Zihark11

41 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

Well im bloody pissed off. Dropped a $100 to get 140 orbs so i could get roy before the banner goes away. Not only did i not get Roy in 140 orbs i didint even get a single 5 star on 8% focus banner which the percentage goes up.

ive always had good outcomes from buying the orbs for guys i really wanted (2 tibarns, nailah, and leanne) but i feel robbed. So dissapointing. Probably will never buy orbs again now. Feels like the summoning should be adjusted for like every 50 orbs spent is a *5 at least. 

I am not sure what the question is, but bad luck happens sometimes. When I was spending a lot of money on the game, I usually expect myself to purchase around 3 or 4 bundles of the 75 Orbs to snipe 1 Focus unit. On Foci where I want everyone and everyone is a different color, it takes around 2 or 3 bundles per unit I think, with the first and second Focus units being very easy to obtain since I am doing full or almost full summons while the last Focus unit being a pain to get.

I do not remember how much I spent on Hostile Springs in total, but HS!Hinoka alone took 4 bundles of 75 Orbs as she was the last one I got.

18 hours ago, XRay said:

Depends on the skill set up you plan to give her.

Blazing Spam:
+Atk
Forblaze [special]
Reposition
Blazing Wind — (Any Blazing Special)
Life and Death
Special Spiral
Heavy Blade

Moonbow/Glimmer Spam:
+Atk
Forblaze [special]
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Death Blow
Special Spiral
Attack +3 — Heavy Blade — Hardy Bearing

Desperation-Brash Assault:
+Atk
Forblaze [special]
Reposition
(Any Special) — Moonbow — Glimmer — Iceberg
Fury
Desperation
Brash Assault

I think I'll wait with building her for now since I don't have Special Spiral and for Life and Death I'd need to invest feathers which I don't want to do for now. So I'll just keep using the standard DB3, RT3 build but I'll probably use the first or second the moment I get Special Spiral. They seem very good builds after all.

So, I look at all of the recommended builds for characters and get a little overwhelmed. At the moment I have spare 5* copies of Vanguard Ike, NY Miciaiah, Halloween Niles, Axe Ephraim, Reyson, Horsie Mist, Duma, Eir, and Brave Veronica. I know many of you are geniuses. Are there any characters that are just begging for any of these characters skills? Or are there some that are just so generic or specific I should make them a +1? Thanks for the help!

27 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

So, I look at all of the recommended builds for characters and get a little overwhelmed. At the moment I have spare 5* copies of Vanguard Ike, NY Miciaiah, Halloween Niles, Axe Ephraim, Reyson, Horsie Mist, Duma, Eir, and Brave Veronica. I know many of you are geniuses. Are there any characters that are just begging for any of these characters skills? Or are there some that are just so generic or specific I should make them a +1? Thanks for the help!

Legendary Ike has Warding Breath, which is a valuable enough skill to consider using for inheritance. It's not as broadly useful as Steady Breath or Fierce Breath, but it has its uses, namely on units with Distant Counter on their weapons.

There is no New Year Micaiah, so I assume you mean Festival Micaiah. Her skills are generally unremarkable unless you have a unit that can use Atk/Res Bond or Res Ploy well. As her primary use is to delete green armors, the first merge can be useful for the extra +1 to Atk.

Halloween Niles has Swift Sparrow and Atk/Spd Link, both of which are good skills (the latter depends on your play style and available units).

Brave Ephraim is most notable for Special Fighter, which is good for the fast armors like Tiki and Amelia and the armors with weapons that enable follow-ups like Myrrh and Brave Hector, though I'd recommend merging if you plan on using him.

Reyson is available as a 4-star pull, so you're more free to do what you want with him.

Valentine Mist has Swift Sparrow. G Tome Valor is also worth giving to a dancer for training purposes.

Duma is worth merging if you want to use him in combat, training an extra copy if you want to use him for Aether Raids defense for Lift loss mitigation, or passing on Bold Fighter. Def/Res Solo is a good, but very niche skill.

Eir is worth training an extra copy for her Aether Raids Lift bonus. If you don't need the extra Lift, her notable inheritable skill is Mystic Boost, which is good for certain units and roles.

Brave Veronica should be merged because she's just that good of a unit (unless you already have and want to keep a neutral copy for free-to-play strategies).

So, I've got two very different questions:

1. I've uninstalled the game back in early August (for various reasons, mostly time), but reinstalled it recently when the laguz debuted. I've been sporadically playing it ever since, while avoiding wasting too much time on extra modes, so I haven't touched Aether Raids. However, I'd like to buy at least one of each TT unit I missed out on (like Dorcas and Cecilia). Is AR the only way to get those Chalices? I also see Aether stones in the monthly quests, can I produce chalices out of that?

2. I happened to get a Faye as a pitybreaker recently. She's the second one I have, so I'm wondering whom to give the Firesweep Bow. Are there any particularly worthy units of that weapon? I do have the likes of Bride Cordelia and Summer Noire (though the latter's -Atk).

14 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

1. I've uninstalled the game back in early August (for various reasons, mostly time), but reinstalled it recently when the laguz debuted. I've been sporadically playing it ever since, while avoiding wasting too much time on extra modes, so I haven't touched Aether Raids. However, I'd like to buy at least one of each TT unit I missed out on (like Dorcas and Cecilia). Is AR the only way to get those Chalices? I also see Aether stones in the monthly quests, can I produce chalices out of that?

Aether Raids is the quickest and most reliable way of getting Grails. Other events may have some Grails as rewards, but the pay out is very little.

I recommend participating in Aether Raids even if you do not like the mode. At the very least, I would try to get the daily rewards since the only requirement to obtain them is to participate in a match and you will still get the reward even if you surrender immediately.

Aether Stones cannot be turned into Heroic Grails.

26 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

2. I happened to get a Faye as a pitybreaker recently. She's the second one I have, so I'm wondering whom to give the Firesweep Bow. Are there any particularly worthy units of that weapon? I do have the likes of Bride Cordelia and Summer Noire (though the latter's -Atk).

I would prioritize flying archers, then armor/cavalry archers, then infantry archers. I personally prioritize armor archers over cavalry archers due to them being less affected by terrain and having superior performance (Bold Fighter-Armor Boots); cavalry archers are much more mobile in terms of sheer amount of spaces traveled, so that is an argument for ponies too. Color archers are worse than colored archers since they can be cock blocked by colored tanks, so I would prioritize them less. I would prioritize archers something like this:

Best Firesweepers:
ASS!Takumi (Got 35/35 offensive stats and flies; best archer) > WOF!Hinoka

Second Best:
TOD!Jakob > BH!Lyn > NYOFAI!Fjorm (If she was colorless, she would have been top tier.)

Third:
BB!Cordelia > Nina > SA!Noire > TLB!Niles (He is really fast, so Bold Fighter is not really necessary, but it can help break Wary Fighter.) > Innes > Gaius > GA!Lucina (Got great stats and powerful Assist, but is sadly blue.)

I do not recommend running these archers unless you really like them. They are either a bit slow, hit a bit soft, and/or lack access natures to fix whatever stat problem they have.
Takumi > Jeorge > Klein > Rebecca > Setsuna > FH!Takumi > Clarisse > LOTW!Lyn > Jamke (I am a bit hesitant to put him here since he is pretty slow.)

Virion, Leon, HNY!Corrin, Gordin, Faye, and LA!Roy are too slow. Niles hits like a wet noodle.

Hello all! New here, and I was hoping to ask for help.

I'm having a major issue with my Heroes account - I HAD it linked to a Nintendo account, but I had to un-install/re-install the app. But when I did so and I tried to use the link I had made, it ended up making a whole new Heroes account instead. I've contacted the in-game support and I'm trying to figure out what can be done about this. This is the same Nintendo account and everything - I even still have the Google Play badges for beating all the story chapters! Is there anyone I can talk to in order to get my old account back, or am I stuck starting over? I've heard that they could potentially find my old account via the purchases I made? Who do I talk to for that?

As a note, I did not press the big red "delete all" button, I made sure that the account was linked before I had to un-install it, and and I'm positive I'm using the same account. So I don't know what happened....

33 minutes ago, windwarrior234 said:

Hello all! New here, and I was hoping to ask for help.

I'm having a major issue with my Heroes account - I HAD it linked to a Nintendo account, but I had to un-install/re-install the app. But when I did so and I tried to use the link I had made, it ended up making a whole new Heroes account instead. I've contacted the in-game support and I'm trying to figure out what can be done about this. This is the same Nintendo account and everything - I even still have the Google Play badges for beating all the story chapters! Is there anyone I can talk to in order to get my old account back, or am I stuck starting over? I've heard that they could potentially find my old account via the purchases I made? Who do I talk to for that?

As a note, I did not press the big red "delete all" button, I made sure that the account was linked before I had to un-install it, and and I'm positive I'm using the same account. So I don't know what happened....

I am not sure if this page will help, but it is from the official Nintendo website. The only thing I can think of is that you might have used the wrong Nintendo account? According to step 4, there is a difference between "Nintendo Account" and "Nintendo Network ID".

If that does not work, then they recommend send an in game inquiry, which you seem to have done so already.

22 hours ago, XRay said:

Aether Raids is the quickest and most reliable way of getting Grails. Other events may have some Grails as rewards, but the pay out is very little.

I recommend participating in Aether Raids even if you do not like the mode. At the very least, I would try to get the daily rewards since the only requirement to obtain them is to participate in a match and you will still get the reward even if you surrender immediately.

Aether Stones cannot be turned into Heroic Grails.

I see. If participating is all it takes to get Grails, then I'll do that. Hopefully it won't take long to get those missing units.

22 hours ago, XRay said:

I would prioritize flying archers, then armor/cavalry archers, then infantry archers. I personally prioritize armor archers over cavalry archers due to them being less affected by terrain and having superior performance (Bold Fighter-Armor Boots); cavalry archers are much more mobile in terms of sheer amount of spaces traveled, so that is an argument for ponies too. Color archers are worse than colored archers since they can be cock blocked by colored tanks, so I would prioritize them less. I would prioritize archers something like this:

Best Firesweepers:
ASS!Takumi (Got 35/35 offensive stats and flies; best archer) > WOF!Hinoka

Second Best:
TOD!Jakob > BH!Lyn > NYOFAI!Fjorm (If she was colorless, she would have been top tier.)

Third:
BB!Cordelia > Nina > SA!Noire > TLB!Niles (He is really fast, so Bold Fighter is not really necessary, but it can help break Wary Fighter.) > Innes > Gaius > GA!Lucina (Got great stats and powerful Assist, but is sadly blue.)

I do not recommend running these archers unless you really like them. They are either a bit slow, hit a bit soft, and/or lack access natures to fix whatever stat problem they have.
Takumi > Jeorge > Klein > Rebecca > Setsuna > FH!Takumi > Clarisse > LOTW!Lyn > Jamke (I am a bit hesitant to put him here since he is pretty slow.)

Virion, Leon, HNY!Corrin, Gordin, Faye, and LA!Roy are too slow. Niles hits like a wet noodle.

Thank you for the detailed answer! Unfortunately, I don't have any of the flying archers, nor do I have Bold Fighter to spare (otherwise, my Jakob would be a good candidate). Furthermore, I don't think Brave Lyn needs it much (her base kit already stops DC and weakens mages).

That really only leaves Cordelia (who currently has a Brave Bow), Noire (who's -Atk) and Innes (who works fine as an Enemy Phase unit). I'll have to think about it. Thank you, regardless.