Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I'm having a brain fart.

Does Bonfire/Iceberg/Glacies/Ignis take into account in combat buffs (brazens/solos/spurs/drives) AND field buffs (Hones/tactics/waves), or JUST the field buffs?

@Rezzy @Ice Dragon

Both. The only "buff" that isn't counted is the fortification tile bonus.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Just double checking, does Klein want +Atk or +Spd for his new prf bow? I've got a +Spd/-Res one and a +Atk/-Spd one (which I can fix with a merge but I'd rather have extra DB fodder since Klein is a bit rare for me).

I've got almost 400k feathers, a bunch of Kagerou, and and some neat fodder like bath Hinoka's dagger; think it's worth the investment? Fury and Desperation probably does the trick but I wonder if she wants any other neat skills. 

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Just double checking, does Klein want +Atk or +Spd for his new prf bow? I've got a +Spd/-Res one and a +Atk/-Spd one (which I can fix with a merge but I'd rather have extra DB fodder since Klein is a bit rare for me).

Both quad Brave and slow Brave sets prefer +Atk. Quad Brave sets can run +Spd as well, but it is generally less optimal outside of a very specific set.

Quad Brave
+Atk/Spd
Argent Bow [special]Argent Bow [Spd] — Argent Bow [Atk]
Reposition
Luna
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd) — Brazen Atk/Spd
Desperation
(Any C)

Darting Blow — Brazen Atk/DefBrazen Atk/Res — Atk/Spd
Against non Chilled enemies or if you do not want to bother with Chill Def, skill set in blue has practically the best performance (not factoring Chill Def, slow Brave set in green with Brazen Sacred Seal has the best performance), but it may be difficult to enter Desperation range. The only way another quad Brave set can beat blue is the red skill set with Chill Def always active against the right foes at the right time. Similarly, the only way for a slow Brave set to beat blue is if they run a Brazen in their Sacred Seal slot or have Chill Def active.

Slow Brave
+Atk
Argent Bow [special] — Argent Bow [Atk]
Reposition
Luna — Moonbow
Death Blow
(Any B) — Special Spiral
(Any C)
Attack +3 Brazen Atk/DefBrazen Atk/Res — Hardy Bearing — Quickened Pulse
Against non Chilled enemies or if you do not want to bother with Chill Def, skill set in green has the best performance, but setting it up could be difficult.
If you encounter a lot of foes with skills like Guard, you may want to switch to Moonbow so a Special will always be active

5 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

where is the link to Sharena' s character introduction? the ones this banner' s leak from?

You can go to the Learn with Sharena! main page, click on the Select Language menu icon in the top right corner, and then click on <Meet some of the Heroes>, and it will take you to the Meet some of the Heroes main page.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

I've got almost 400k feathers, a bunch of Kagerou, and and some neat fodder like bath Hinoka's dagger; think it's worth the investment? Fury and Desperation probably does the trick but I wonder if she wants any other neat skills. 

It depends on how much you need Effective Weapons. I personally do not bother with Effective Weapons at all anymore since my nukes have no trouble killing things even if the foe is super bulky. If you have trouble with dragons though, then I think Splashy Bucket is worth it. If not, then I would stick with Barb Shuriken.

3 hours ago, Liliesgrace said:

I can’t decide which of my two Legendary Roys to keep. I have +Spd/-Hp and +Atk/-Def. Planning on him being mostly player phase.

If you are facing fast enemies, such as in Aether Raids or score ranges of 720 or lower in Arena, then I would go with +Spd. If you are using him in PvE or score range above 720 in Arena, then I would go with +Atk.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Is it possibly to have over 999 Refining Stones in your inventory at once? I'm starting to get close to that.

Until fairly recently I had over a thousand each of Refining Stones and Sacred Coins, so you're good.

F2P alt has raised 200 dew. Torn between Est, Tailtiu, and Klein.

Est is a proven choice, and would work very well with my flying team. The copy to promote is +Atk.

Tailtiu could be fun. The refine gives Darting Blow, and I could either go Darting Blow/Flashing Blade, or Death Blow. But I only have neutral.

Klein could become my gray +10 project. He's +HP, but I have a +Atk copy to promote. The downside is that I will not have any source of Death Blow 3. I remember how bad it was having healers who needed Savage Blow 3 and couldn't get it because Camilla was needed for merges.

1 hour ago, Chrom-ulent said:

F2P alt has raised 200 dew. Torn between Est, Tailtiu, and Klein.

I personally lean toward Tailtiu. Ranged units are easier to use in my opinion, and except for Drive Spd, Tailtiu does not have any other high demand skills.

42 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Est is a proven choice, and would work very well with my flying team. The copy to promote is +Atk.

While Est is good as a melee flier, if your flying team already got Blade mages or Firesweep/Brave archers, Est or any melee fliers are not really necessary in my opinion.

49 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Tailtiu could be fun. The refine gives Darting Blow, and I could either go Darting Blow/Flashing Blade, or Death Blow. But I only have neutral.

Tailtiu has several options.

Desperation Nuke:
Tome of Thoron [special]
Reposition
Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
Atk/Spd — Darting Blow
Death Blow can work in the A slot, but in my opinion, Death Blow should be reserved for builds that do not need Spd, such as Brave nukes or units that can guarantee doubles. If a nuke is at a stat or merge deficit, then Spd is generally more important than Atk to secure doubles to maintain a decent level of damage output.

Blazing Semi-Spam:
+Atk
Tome of Thoron [Atk]
Reposition
Blazing Wind
Life and Death
Special Spiral
(Any C)
Hardy Bearing — Attack +3
It is not as spamable as Missiletainn or Thoron, but it hits harder than both, although Tailtiu's low Atk offsets that.

Luna Spam:
+Atk
Tome of Thoron [Atk]
Reposition
Luna
Death Blow
Special Spiral
(Any C)
Hardy Bearing — Attack +3

1 hour ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Klein could become my gray +10 project. He's +HP, but I have a +Atk copy to promote. The downside is that I will not have any source of Death Blow 3. I remember how bad it was having healers who needed Savage Blow 3 and couldn't get it because Camilla was needed for merges.

If you have the Feather income to afford it, you can promote Hawkeye and Effie to 5* for Death Blow 3 if you really need it, although I do not really recommend it.

Death Blow is only necessary for nukes that dump Spd (one shot nukes, slow Brave nukes, etc.), so unless you plan to build a lot of them, Fury is generally the more valuable A skill as most nukes are fast nukes.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

What is more influential for matchmaking - BST or SP cost? Is Rutger going to score better than Lon'qu with his higher BST or does his lack of a prf weapon make him score lower?

100 SP is equal to 5 points of stats (both round down).

Merged Rutger is in the 170 bucket (unmerged is 165). Merged Lon'qu is in the 160 bucket (unmerged is 155). That's a difference of two buckets.

Exclusive weapons are 400 SP compared to refined inheritable weapons, which are 350 SP, which is at most 1 bucket of difference (if the 50 SP causes you to move up or down a bucket).

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

100 SP is equal to 5 points of stats (both round down).

Merged Rutger is in the 170 bucket (unmerged is 165). Merged Lon'qu is in the 160 bucket (unmerged is 155). That's a difference of two buckets.

Exclusive weapons are 400 SP compared to refined inheritable weapons, which are 350 SP, which is at most 1 bucket of difference (if the 50 SP causes you to move up or down a bucket).

So, what does that mean?

10 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

So, what does that mean?

One bucket is an average of 0.5 points per match (including the 2× multiplier for having a bonus unit) or an average of 2.5 points over the course of a run (3.5 for Arena Assault).

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

One bucket is an average of 0.5 points per match (including the 2× multiplier for having a bonus unit) or an average of 2.5 points over the course of a run (3.5 for Arena Assault).

So, if we put all factors involved (Lon’qu’s BST, Rutger’s BST, SP for Solitary Blade and Refined Slaying Edge) in the scoring equation, then what score do get from either of them?

1 minute ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

So, if we put all factors involved (Lon’qu’s BST, Rutger’s BST, SP for Solitary Blade and Refined Slaying Edge) in the scoring equation, then what score do get from either of them?

Depends on the rest of your team. But all else the same, Rutger gets you an average of either 0.5 or 1.0 points more than Lon'qu depending on if the extra 50 SP from Lon'qu's weapon bumped him up a bucket.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Depends on the rest of your team. But all else the same, Rutger gets you an average of either 0.5 or 1.0 points more than Lon'qu depending on if the extra 50 SP from Lon'qu's weapon bumped him up a bucket.

So, to answer @Etheus‘s question, BST matters more?

And of course there exists the high chance that Rutger will get a PRF weapon in the far future anyway.

At any rate, I have two ongoing grail projects (Michalis and Naesala) already so this is a question for the far future. And I'll probably wait for Zihark anyway, as I like him better than both Lon'qu and Rutger.

Weird question - It seems the time change (US) has bumped everything an hour later? I live in EST and Arena etc. ends at 7pm, not 6pm. Do we just shift for the summer? Do other countries (particularly Japan) not do time shifts?

Edited by jameslove001