"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

13 hours ago, Xenomata said:

~Felicia's are +Atk and +Spd. +Atk is considered a Superboon, but Felicia's Attack is much lower than other Superboon Atk axes (I'm looking at you, Ephraim...), and the asset would mostly just bring her to average. Spd seems important, given that she otherwise can't use Special Fighter properly. The big thing I'm thinking about is that Spd is a pretty important stat, but Armor units still run the Fighter skills that ignore Spd entirely, and I'm now in Arena Assault tiers where every unit is either a slow Armor with a Fighter skill, have automatic doubles anyway (Ephraim...), or are just fast. However, if I don't improve Felicia's Speed, she can't use Special Fighter as well without some assistance.

I personally lean towards +Spd to prevent as much doubles as possible.

~Flora's are Atk and Res. Getting her Atk up would certainly help in killing Beast units, which it seems fair to think that'll be what she's doing. +Res, however, works offensively and defensively in that manor, as she'll then have enough Res to bring down the enemies Def to equal a boost in Atk, and bring down their Atk that she won't mind taking a hit. It also comes with the benefit of making her a better Magic tank even if she doesn't quite edge out the enemy in Res.

I lean towards +Atk for guaranteed higher damage.

If you plan to use her mostly on Enemy Phase though, then I would go with +Res.

Cordelia [+Spd] Current is +Atk -Res, and currently serves as a Brave Lance TA3 user (with Galeforce). Works well when used, but so many people have the same super speedy and super strong Firesweep Lance set that I wonder if I should use it on her as well... and I think it requires +Spd and lots of merges.

As always, in general, I recommend +Atk for slower modes and +Spd for faster modes.

For Slaying-Galeforce though, I recommend +Atk no matter the mode, just to make sure she can activate Heavy Blade to activate Galeforce.

For Cordelia, I think it is worth it to build multiple copies because she is just so fun to use. I have one at 5*+10 with +Atk and Slaying-Galeforce, and another one at 4*+10 with +Spd and Firesweep-Hit and Run.

Odin [+Spd] Current is +Atk. I kept this copy for this very reason, because Odin's power sucks, but he does have the potential to get +6/6/6/6 buffs with just a single movement assist, so he kinda makes up for it. Meanwhile, his Speed could use the little extra boost to help him avoid having to resort to the QR3 SS, which I currently would prefer to keep on certain other units.

As always, +Atk against slower foes, +Spd against faster foes.

However, for Odin, I think +Atk is fine since his Atk is really low.

Boey [+Res] Current is +Spd -Def, and serving as a typical Gronnraven+ TA3 mage. He's not bad, but the +Res I think would help him take on Reinhardt, who he currently dies to without some Res boosts.

+Res is better. Raven mages do not really care about Spd.

Serra [+Spd] Current is Neutral +1 merge. She's mainly just Joyous Lantern support in case I don't wanna use Winter Eirika but would like the Joyous Lantern boost regardless.

Sakura [+Atk] Current is +Spd and is mostly a healing bot with Fear+ support.

I personally prefer +Atk on all my offensive healers since I do not think it is worth it to try to win the Spd comparison without Atk/Spd Push or Atk/Spd Solo.

If you think you can still win the Spd comparison often against foes, such as in modes without a lot of fast units, then I think +Spd is fine offensively.

If you are just using healers just as supports though, then I recommend +Spd/Def/Res to avoid as much doubles or damage as possible.

Ogma [+Spd] Current is +Atk -Res. The bonus Spd might help in the doubling department, if impacting his ability to trigger Gladiator's Blade.

+Atk for slower modes, +Spd for faster modes.

Gwendolyn [+Def] Current is +Atk -Spd. Boosting her Def would be nice, but I've not had any problems with +Atk yet...

I would keep +Def as a spare just in case you need to swap her nature.

Mathilda [+Spd] Current is +Res. She's actually doesn't even have any skills equipped...

+Spd is better, unless you want her to Ploy and Sabotage things.

Klein [+Atk] Current is +Spd. I got a +Atk copy after he got his personal, in case it was actually better than +Spd.

Unless you are running BOTH Spd Retfinement AND Brazen Atk/Spd, +Atk seems to do better with all other Refinement and A skill combinations.

Hector [+Atk] Current is +Def. I'm not sure I want to give up the extra bulk on my current Hector, but also Hector is a bit weaker than most of the other Axe Armors, and might like the extra boost. The other thing I'm considering is that he's DC fodder, which it'd be nice to have some on hand.

If he is running Omnibreaker, +Atk is better. If he is running anything else +Def is better.

Olivia [Neutral] Current is +Spd -HP. I only got this Olivia because it was recommended to do so to follow F2P guides, but I think I'm well beyond any F2P guide at this point...

I would keep her just in case. Just leave her at 4*+0.

I would use the +Spd Olivia as your main Olivia.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/12/2019 at 7:10 PM, XRay said:

Has anyone tried playing Heroes in China? I am laying over for like 13 hours on my way to Bangkok and it is not connecting. I assume it is due to their stupid Firewall?

Googling did not work. Yahoo does not either. MSN sort of works, but the links do not work. Reddit does not work. Serenes Forest does work though!

The customs people changed my scheduled flight. Since I cannot stay in China for over 24 hours (I assume it is a visa issue), the customs officials made the airline get me an earlier flight! No super long layovers! I just have to layover for one night tonight, instead of two nights. The airline also got me a hotel to stay.

Back to my own question, it is possible to play Heroes in China. I am using the local hotel's wifi to play and finished spending my Conquest Lances. I think their airport's wifi is just extra shitty or something.

Google obviously still does not work, and neither does Reddit. However, Yahoo and MSN works fine. BBC does not work, but CNN and Fox does.

Serenes Forest obviously works or else I would not be here. Gamepress and Gamepedia both work too, although arcticsilverfox's calculator does not work but KageroChart's calculator does work.

Edited by XRay

On 4/21/2019 at 11:46 AM, XRay said:

Back to my own question, it is possible to play Heroes in China. I am using the local hotel's wifi to play and finished spending my Conquest Lances. I think their airport's wifi is just extra shitty or something.

If you don't mind me asking, where in China did you stay? Plan on visiting China eventually but I don't want to not be able to play FEH during my time there. I know Taiwan is listed as an available region but I don't want to cut my trip to mainland China short.

31 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

If you don't mind me asking, where in China did you stay? Plan on visiting China eventually but I don't want to not be able to play FEH during my time there. I know Taiwan is listed as an available region but I don't want to cut my trip to mainland China short.

I laid over in TAO (Qingdao), KMG (Kunming), and PVG (Shanghai), and I had difficulty accessing the internet via these airports' wifi. To access their wifi, you either need to download and have an account on WeChat, or have a phone service that works in China or internationally so they can send you the login information for a temporary account. I was able to access the wifi at TAO and I did not need WeChat nor international phone service, but the wifi is super slow, so I am not sure if I accessed the airport's wifi or some local company's wifi.

During my return trip, the airline booked me a hotel outside of KMG. I just connected to the local hotel's wifi as usual and I was able to play Heroes. The internet is a bit slow and you cannot access certain sites, but everything else is the same.

For other airports though, it is much easier to access their wifi. BKK (Bangkok) just requires your passport number to set up a temporary account, and they will give you the login information after signup. SFO (San Francisco) requires no sign up at all and you just need to accept their terms and conditions. From what I remember, JFK (New York), EWR (New York), YYZ (Toronto), and HKG (Hong Kong) are easy to access too.

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, Karuu30 said:

I’ve pulled two Sothes, one is +spd -hp and the other is +atk -def. Which boon is better for him?

Depends on which modes you prioritize. +Atk is better for modes where Spd does not matter too much (higher scoring Arena, Abyssal), whereas +Spd is better for mode where Spd is more competitive (Aether Raids, lower scoring Arena).

I'm toying around a bit with new weapons on some of my older units. I had a spare Thea around so I ended up giving her Vanguard Lance to my -hp/+res Donnel. Its not super optimal, but 39 def on enemy phase and still having an A slot to boost it further sounds like something fun to toy around with.

I'm a bit torn on the refine options though. The most obvious choice would be to go with +def. It'd boost EP defense up to 43. However he already has a +res boon so i'm also thinking about +res for a mixed bulk of 32 (Or39)/31.

I also got myself a spare Ophilia. With help of new year Leagyarn i'll be able to give one unit both rally up atk and chill res. Are there any units that appreciate that exact combination though?

57 minutes ago, Sasori said:

I'm toying around a bit with new weapons on some of my older units. I had a spare Thea around so I ended up giving her Vanguard Lance to my -hp/+res Donnel. Its not super optimal, but 39 def on enemy phase and still having an A slot to boost it further sounds like something fun to toy around with.

I'm a bit torn on the refine options though. The most obvious choice would be to go with +def. It'd boost EP defense up to 43. However he already has a +res boon so i'm also thinking about +res for a mixed bulk of 32 (Or39)/31.

It depends on how you use him.

Unless Donnel has Distant Counter or fights a lot of dragons, I would stick with Def Refine. There is no point in boosting his Res if he cannot counter attack against mages, or at the very least fight dragons.

1 hour ago, Sasori said:

I also got myself a spare Ophilia. With help of new year Leagyarn i'll be able to give one unit both rally up atk and chill res. Are there any units that appreciate that exact combination though?

Arena cheerleaders/babysitters can use it to support bonus units that targets Res. If your Arena core is already all built up, I would not worry about Inheriting Rallies since Chill Res is far more valuable and useful.

Rally Assists are in competition with movement Assists, and in my opinion, movement Assists are flat out superior since the C slot can do the job of Rally Assists. There is generally no point in running Rallies in my opinion outside of scoring for Arena. In modes where performance matters, movement Assists are far more useful to get your units into proper formation.

1 hour ago, Sasori said:

In my opinion, if you want a Physically bulky InfLance, then you'd build Lukas. Since Lukas doesn't have comparable Res to Donnel, it would theoretically be a good idea to capitalize on that.

However, keep in mind that Donnel would still only have 31 Res, and with his Speed of 29 he will still take a sizable amount of damage from most mages. While yes you can use the A and SS passives to alleviate some of this pressure, it'd probably still be better to let Donnel be a physical tank than mixed, as you'd otherwise be taking resources from his most important stat and putting it towards one of his lesser stats. And if you want a mixed bulk Blue unit... well, I've had good experiences with Oboro, but double Close Def only works on Melee units, and Warding Breath is kinda miniscule on otherwise 28-32 Asseted Res...

As for Chill Res and Rally Up Atk, it's as Xray said, you'd best use them for your Arena cheerleader.

EDIT: Small question, but is there a way to keep track of Dragonflower usage besides checking every individual unit? I only just now learned that my Ophelia has +6 Dragonflowers...

Edited by Xenomata

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

EDIT: Small question, but is there a way to keep track of Dragonflower usage besides checking every individual unit? I only just now learned that my Ophelia has +6 Dragonflowers...

Not that I can think of. It would be nice to sort units by Dragonflowers though, kind of like sorting by Accessory and Blessings, so I would send feedback requesting an additional sort option or something.

Does anyone know when legendary heroes return? I really want L!Alm but... no orbs. I know he just literally appeared and it’s too soon for his re-run but I want to know when the legendary heroes return for being prepared

11 minutes ago, Karuu30 said:

Does anyone know when legendary heroes return? I really want L!Alm but... no orbs. I know he just literally appeared and it’s too soon for his re-run but I want to know when the legendary heroes return for being prepared

Whenever a Legendary hero banner starts, the notes on the news item say when the Legendaries on that banner will appear next. We'll find out when the banner launches tomorrow.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

It depends on how you use him.

Unless Donnel has Distant Counter or fights a lot of dragons, I would stick with Def Refine. There is no point in boosting his Res if he cannot counter attack against mages, or at the very least fight dragons.

Arena cheerleaders/babysitters can use it to support bonus units that targets Res. If your Arena core is already all built up, I would not worry about Inheriting Rallies since Chill Res is far more valuable and useful.

Rally Assists are in competition with movement Assists, and in my opinion, movement Assists are flat out superior since the C slot can do the job of Rally Assists. There is generally no point in running Rallies in my opinion outside of scoring for Arena. In modes where performance matters, movement Assists are far more useful to get your units into proper formation.

I'm not planning on giving Donnel distant counter any time soon. Thats a pretty rare skill and I'm not going quite that far on him.

I'm not really a arena player myself so scoring isn't very important to me. movenets are pretty valuable too so I think i'll keep the skill for a while and see if there's any fun combo's with it for later.

7 hours ago, Xenomata said:

In my opinion, if you want a Physically bulky InfLance, then you'd build Lukas. Since Lukas doesn't have comparable Res to Donnel, it would theoretically be a good idea to capitalize on that.

However, keep in mind that Donnel would still only have 31 Res, and with his Speed of 29 he will still take a sizable amount of damage from most mages. While yes you can use the A and SS passives to alleviate some of this pressure, it'd probably still be better to let Donnel be a physical tank than mixed, as you'd otherwise be taking resources from his most important stat and putting it towards one of his lesser stats. And if you want a mixed bulk Blue unit... well, I've had good experiences with Oboro, but double Close Def only works on Melee units, and Warding Breath is kinda miniscule on otherwise 28-32 Asseted Res...

As for Chill Res and Rally Up Atk, it's as Xray said, you'd best use them for your Arena cheerleader.

I do have a Lukas hanging around and he does his job very well. Donnel would probably not outclass him in that regard.

But yeah I was thinking that speed could pose a problem for him with only alright res at best. So def it probably is.

Always wanted to try out a Oboro, but that'll be a project for another day.

Does Reyson want +Atk or +Spd more? Refreshers don't usually see combat but on the off chance that he does, should I focus on hitting harder or trying to avoid doubles? I personally like speed on refreshers but I would like a second opinion. 

For stats, 45 Atk post transformation is a bit low but the attack asset bumps it up to 48, which is useable but nothing outstanding. His weapon grants +3 speed and that puts him at 37 but with a speed asset, 40 speed is not bad for today's standards especially when Steady Posture can bump it up to 44. 

15 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Does Reyson want +Atk or +Spd more? Refreshers don't usually see combat but on the off chance that he does, should I focus on hitting harder or trying to avoid doubles? I personally like speed on refreshers but I would like a second opinion. 

For stats, 45 Atk post transformation is a bit low but the attack asset bumps it up to 48, which is useable but nothing outstanding. His weapon grants +3 speed and that puts him at 37 but with a speed asset, 40 speed is not bad for today's standards especially when Steady Posture can bump it up to 44. 

If you plan to use him against blue dragons, then I would go with +Atk and maybe run Mirror Stance or Kestrel Stance. A!M!Corrin and LD!Y!Tiki are the only fast ones, but A!M!Corrin is not very common and he is only fast if running a Player Phase set, and LD!Y!Tiki runs Bold Fighter so there is no point trying to prevent doubles from her without access to Null Follow-Up. F!Corrin is kind of fast too, but she hits like a wet noodle so it is not something Reyson should be afraid of.

If you plan to use him against a variety of blue foes, then I would stick with +Spd to prevent doubles and his default Steady Stance.

Edited by XRay

51 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you plan to use him against blue dragons, then I would go with +Atk and maybe run Mirror Stance or Kestrel Stance. A!M!Corrin and LD!Y!Tiki are the only fast ones, but A!M!Corrin is not very common and he is only fast if running a Player Phase set, and LD!Y!Tiki runs Bold Fighter so there is no point trying to prevent doubles from her without access to Null Follow-Up. F!Corrin is kind of fast too, but she hits like a wet noodle so it is not something Reyson should be afraid of.

If you plan to use him against a variety of blue foes, then I would stick with +Spd to prevent doubles and his default Steady Stance.

I'm going to use him as a regular refresher and stick him on the eventual beast team that I'm going to build so he's more general use. I think I'm going with +Spd and give him TA to add some oomph to his damage output as a middle ground play if the situation calls for it. 

Edited by Flying Shogi

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

What can be done to make archers (excluding legAlm) better for the future?

More availability for the Guard Bow, Short Bow, and Firesweep Bow.

And make an Armor-Slaying bow, too.

And bring more blow skills to the lower ranks of the skill pool (or make a skill shop, like how @Anacybele would suggest).

Now that I've pulled Lugh, I'm going to build Raigh. Looking at his stats, I'm assuming it's better to invest in his attack not bother with his speed. I may or may not field them together so I'm leaning towards a general build for now. Here's what I'm thinking: 

RaudWolf+

Fury 3

Swordbreaker or Red TomeBreaker

Fury for the stats and breaker skills to bypass speed checks. Are there other builds I should look into?

Edited by Flying Shogi

4 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

What can be done to make archers (excluding legAlm) better for the future?

Archers are fine as is in my opinion. They have practically monopolized the Firesweep role all to themselves, and Firesweep healers are quite behind them in effectiveness due to no access to movement Assists nor damage Specials.

Their raw damage output Weapon (Brave Bow) is not as powerful as Blade tomes, but mages do not have access to Firesweep either, so I think that it balances out.

3 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

More availability for the Guard Bow, Short Bow, and Firesweep Bow.

Short Bow is kind of crap.

Brave Bow is the best damage output bow and leads its competitors by a huge mile. Its closest competitors are Cocobow and Slaying Bow. Cocobow is second best for first round performance, Slaying Bow is second best once in Desperation range.

13 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Does Allegiance Battles increase score with duel skills.

I have not tested it, but I assume it does.

On 4/27/2019 at 12:05 PM, Icelerate said:

Does Allegiance Battles increase score with duel skills.

It does. LH!Azura drops my score by 10 points when I remove B Duel Flying.

Pulled 2 AtoB!Hectors. One's +Res/-Def and the other is +Atk/-Res. Can't decide if I should go +Res for the dual phase or just focus on +Atk for securing KO's. I do have a +Res Hardin but I usually have to give him the QR seal whenever I field him so it's inconvenient enough that I'm willing to consider a +Res Hector though the seal isn't glued to anyone in particular while Hector can handle both phases by himself. Thoughts?

Edited by Flying Shogi