"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Yukiko said:

I got two Fallen Corrin. One is neutral, the other one is +Hp,-Def. Which one should I fodder?

Do you value her ability to trigger Sudden Panic on as many units as possible, or would you rather barely nudge that mark up while also enabling her Attack and Speed a little?

When you say fodder, I assume you mean for one of her skills, but IMO it'd be better if you instead give her a merge, especially if you pick Neutral.

@XRay You said to go for +Res asset, +Def forge, and Warding Breath in building that Nowi. I noticed that it'd be possible to have the same defenses using +Res forge and Steady Breath, which I failed to mention I have fodder of.
I didn't think it mattered, but this actually affects which stat is Visibly higher, which would affect skills like Ploys, Sabotages, Chills, etc etc. The conclusion I'm seeing is that Res forge/Steady Breath is better due to there being more measuring contests of Res compared to Def, but I wanted to run this by you (and anyone else reading) before I did anything stupid.
So the question being asked: Does it matter which of Nowi's defensive stats is visibly higher?

Edited by Xenomata

31 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Do you value her ability to trigger Sudden Panic on as many units as possible, or would you rather barely nudge that mark up while also enabling her Attack and Speed a little?

When you say fodder, I assume you mean for one of her skills, but IMO it'd be better if you instead give her a merge, especially if you pick Neutral.

I actually really want to fodder Atk/Spd Solo and I still haven't decided which set I'm going to give to Corrin, so I don't really know what to do with her yet...

10 hours ago, Yukiko said:

I got two Fallen Corrin. One is neutral, the other one is +Hp,-Def. Which one should I fodder?

7 hours ago, Yukiko said:

I actually really want to fodder Atk/Spd Solo and I still haven't decided which set I'm going to give to Corrin, so I don't really know what to do with her yet...

Neutral is better so you want to keep that one.

If all your regular nukes already have an A skill, you can try building an offensive healer as Atk/Spd Solo is one of the few offensive A skills they can run.

You can also give it to fast units who work best operating independently, although GR!Eirika and DW!F!Corrin are the best currently and comes with Atk/Spd Solo already.

If you want to build DW!F!Corrin, here is how I would build her, assuming you want to send her off alone to do stuff away from your main team:
+Spd
Savage Breath
Reposition
Moonbow
Atk/Spd Solo
(Any B)
Savage Blow — (Smokes) — (Openings) — (Waves) (with other parity Waves as Sacred Seal)
Atk/Spd — Flashing Blade — Savage Blow — (Smokes)
Her HP is kind of low, so I would get rid of Sudden Panic on her. Since she cannot run Galeforce for easy escape, I recommend running Eir on the same team to provide her sustainability via long distance healing. Escape Route is also an option, but it does nothing for her combat wise.

If you just want to use her as a standard Enemy Phase dragon, here is a Spd tank build:
+Spd
Lightning Breath [Spd]
Swap
Bonfire
Darting Breath (This is not out yet.)
Quick Riposte — Guard — Null Follow-Up
(Any C)
Atk/Spd Bond — Darting Stance — Quick Riposte

For regular Player Phase stuff:
Savage Breath
Reposition
Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
Atk/Spd — Darting Blow — Flashing Blade

8 hours ago, Xenomata said:

@XRay You said to go for +Res asset, +Def forge, and Warding Breath in building that Nowi. I noticed that it'd be possible to have the same defenses using +Res forge and Steady Breath, which I failed to mention I have fodder of.
I didn't think it mattered, but this actually affects which stat is Visibly higher, which would affect skills like Ploys, Sabotages, Chills, etc etc. The conclusion I'm seeing is that Res forge/Steady Breath is better due to there being more measuring contests of Res compared to Def, but I wanted to run this by you (and anyone else reading) before I did anything stupid.
So the question being asked: Does it matter which of Nowi's defensive stats is visibly higher?

It sort of matters. Making Res higher would be ideal to try to avoid Ploys and Sabotages as much as possible, although units who use Ploys and Sabotages probably have like really high Res, so even if you give Nowi more visible Res, it might not matter in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Neutral is better so you want to keep that one.

If all your regular nukes already have an A skill, you can try building an offensive healer as Atk/Spd Solo is one of the few offensive A skills they can run.

You can also give it to fast units who work best operating independently, although GR!Eirika and DW!F!Corrin are the best currently and comes with Atk/Spd Solo already.

If you want to build DW!F!Corrin, here is how I would build her, assuming you want to send her off alone to do stuff away from your main team:
+Spd
Savage Breath
Reposition
Moonbow
Atk/Spd Solo
(Any B)
Savage Blow — (Smokes) — (Openings) — (Waves) (with other parity Waves as Sacred Seal)
Atk/Spd — Flashing Blade — Savage Blow — (Smokes)
Her HP is kind of low, so I would get rid of Sudden Panic on her. Since she cannot run Galeforce for easy escape, I recommend running Eir on the same team to provide her sustainability via long distance healing. Escape Route is also an option, but it does nothing for her combat wise.

If you just want to use her as a standard Enemy Phase dragon, here is a Spd tank build:
+Spd
Lightning Breath [Spd]
Swap
Bonfire
Darting Breath (This is not out yet.)
Quick Riposte — Guard — Null C-Disrupt
(Any C)

For regular Player Phase stuff:
Savage Breath
Reposition
Moonbow
Desperation
(Any C)
Atk/Spd — Darting Blow — Flashing Blade

Thanks for the answer and the extra advice. I'll go building Corrin too as soon as I can!

26 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

Thanks for the answer and the extra advice. I'll go building Corrin too as soon as I can!

I just realized I put Null C-Disrupt instead of Null Follow-Up in her Spd tank build. I meant Null Follow-Up to enforce the basic Spd check mechanic to disable stuff like Bold Fighter and Quick Riposte. Null C-Disrupt does not do anything for her unless you plan to give her Distant Counter.

I pulled a Fallen Corrin! ...  Which is exciting because I wanted Atk/Spd solo.  However, since I only have one copy, I'm a little nervous to use it.  I wanted to get a little advice before I fodder a skill so rare.

Tellius characters are my favorite, so they're the only ones to which I'm interested in giving really rare skills.  Here are my top options:

• Oscar +10 - Currently running life & death
  • Soren +10 - Currently running fury.  Biggest drawback is I'm using his personal tome, so I'd want to switch tomes if I gave him the skill.
  • Sothe +10 (Life & Death)

Possible options:

• Elincia +2 (Death Blow)
  • Ranulf +2 (Fury)

I'm leaning towards Sothe or Oscar, possibly Ranulf.  

Other favorite characters, but I'm pretty sure they don't fit.

Spoiler

• Brave Ike +10 (Steady Breath)
  • Vanguard Ike +8 (Warding Breath)
  • Valentine Ike +2 (Distant Counter)
  • Black Knight +10 (Fury)
  • Titania +10 (Distant Counter)
  • Valentine Titania +1 (Fury)
  • Valentine Soren +2 (Atk/Res Bond)
  • Valentine Greil +7 (Fury 4)
  • Micaiah +10 (Distant Defense)
  • H!Micaiah (Atk/Res Bond)
  • H!Elincia +2 (Atk/Spd Push)
  • Caineghis +3 (Distant Def 4)
  • Tibarn +2 (Sturdy Impact)
  • Reyson +6 (Fury)
  • Leanne +1 (Mirror Stance)
  • Naesala +6 (Swift Sparrow)
  • Nailah +2 (Distant Counter)
  • Zelgius +3 (Fierce Stance)
  • Yune (Atk/Res Bond)

•  

On 5/7/2019 at 9:26 PM, Xenomata said:

Depends on what you wanna use him for. +Atk would help him take out Colorless and Blue if he were to take a TA3 Raventome set, and +Def would improve his physical bulk elsewhere, especially Owltome. Mine is being used for TA3 Raventome right now.

On 5/7/2019 at 10:03 PM, XRay said:

If he is running a Gronnraven build, +Atk is not necessary with Glimmer and Triangle Adept, so I would go with +Def, as he is going to need all the Def he can get against SK!Alm.

For now, I plan on keeping Gronnowl on him as a blue check since I have a green raven tome user in SF!Camilla and she does pretty well with TA3 and Iote's Shield.

Edited by Flying Shogi

1 hour ago, Venmi said:

Tellius characters are my favorite, so they're the only ones to which I'm interested in giving really rare skills.  Here are my top options:

• Oscar +10 - Currently running life & death
  • Soren +10 - Currently running fury.  Biggest drawback is I'm using his personal tome, so I'd want to switch tomes if I gave him the skill.
  • Sothe +10 (Life & Death)

Possible options:

• Elincia +2 (Death Blow)
  • Ranulf +2 (Fury)

I'm leaning towards Sothe or Oscar, possibly Ranulf.  

They are all fine as long as they are used as Player Phase units.

For Soren, if you want to use him as a Player Phase or mixed phase unit, I do not recommend Owl tomes since they need to be adjacent to allies to work. Units on Player Phase often need to break formation when they attack, so I discourage giving them any skill that requires them to be adjacent to allies during combat to activate.

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

For now, I plan on keeping Gronnowl on him as a blue check

Boey does not have the stats to counter both blue melee and blue ranged. Is he running Close Counter or Triangle Adept? If he is running Close Counter, then he should stack Def as high as possible since there is no point in having him check blue mages with his abysmal Res. If he is running Triangle Adept, he should go with +Res and stack his Res as high as possible so he can actually tank blue mages; he can still wall blue melee units, but he will not be counter attack, so watch out for Dancers/Singers who can Dance/Sing the blue melee unit Boey just tanked who can then flank Boey and hit your backline units.

Close Counter set:
+Def
Gronnowl [Def]
(Any Assist) — Swap
Bonfire — Moonbow
Close Counter
Quick Riposte
(Any C)
Atk/Def Bond — Atk/Def

Triangle Adept:
+Res
Gronnowl [Res]
(Any Assist) — Swap
Glimmer
Triangle Adept
Quick Riposte
(Any C)
Warding Stance — Distant Def — Resistance +3

What can I do with 2 neutral Adrift M!Corrin? Is it worth to build him and merge the other one or fodder one of them? Btw I don’t have DC for them.

35 minutes ago, Karuu30 said:

What can I do with 2 neutral Adrift M!Corrin? Is it worth to build him and merge the other one or fodder one of them? Btw I don’t have DC for them.

I think it is worth it to build him. Using the other for merges or skills are both fine.

If you use him as a Player Phase unit, he does not need Distant Counter.
Draconic Rage
Reposition
Moonbow
Desperation
(Any C)
Atk/Spd — Darting Blow

You can also still use him as a Spd tank without Distant Counter:
Draconic Rage
(Any Assist) — Swap
Bonfire
(Any A that boosts Spd/Def or Atk/Spd) — Darting Stance (not yet released)
Quick Riposte — Guard — Null Follow-Up
(Any C)

If you want to fodder him for skills, Hone Dragons is great on Ninian as she works great with Player Phase dragons. Null Follow-Up works great on Spd tanks to disable stuff like Bold Fighter and enforce the simple Spd check mechanic. Atk/Def Bond is good for tanks who cannot run Steady Breath.

Just finished my first +10 merge unit with male Corrin. And thinking of making Sothe my next one since he showed up 4 times for me while aiming for fallen Tiki. Plus he's a personal favorite of mine from RD.

The current IVs I have are:
-Neutral
+attack -res
+speed -def
+attack -hp

Which one would be the best for an eventual +10 merge?

Edited by Faellin

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

Just finished my first +10 merge unit with male Corrin. And thinking of making Sothe my next one since he showed up 4 times for me while aiming for fallen Tiki. Plus he's a personal favorite of mine from RD.

The current IVs I have are:
-Neutral
+attack -res
+speed -def
+attack -hp

Which one would be the best for an eventual +10 merge?

You want either +Atk or +Spd. +Atk is better for modes where Spd is not very important (high scoring Arena, Abyssal), while +Spd is better for modes where Spd is more competitive (low scoring Arena, Aether Raids).

The Flaw does not matter since it will be eliminated when you merge.

Free pull on the new power banner gave me Quan. How well does he hold up as a unit today? His IVs came out +speed -def it looks like.

And while i'm at it, good build recomendations?

Edited by Faellin

37 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Free pull on the new power banner gave me Quan. How well does he hold up as a unit today? His IVs came out +speed -def it looks like.

And while i'm at it, good build recomendations?

Quan is best used as a defensive force. Against non-Fliers he holds up pretty well thanks to the Gae Bolg providing 5 Defense, and his Attack isn't shabby either, among the highest of Cavalry Lances even. Unfortunately, +Spd -Def does little for this playstyle, as his Speed isn't that great to begin with, and is pretty hard to make usable overall. At best, you prevent doubles from a very select pool of units.

For builds...

W: Gae Bolg
A: any
S: Bonfire
PA: Sturdy Stance
PB: Quick Riposte
PC: any

It's simple but effective. Pretty self-explanatory as well, you simply get your offensive and defensive ability escalated and then throw in Quick Riposte to ensure he nets the kill. You can get Quick Ripote from a few units in the 4* Pool, and Sturdy Stance from Halloween Dorcas if you're willing to shell out the Grails. Otherwise, the skill is locked to Legendary Ephraim, so keeping his default Steady Posture is a good idea as well, especially if you don't anticipate being able to replace his +Spd. Again, prevent doubles from a few units.

Does Flashing Blade 4 true damage effect stack with L!Alms weapon effect? Because in Flashing Blades 4 description it says if similar effects are activ only effect with highest value is accounted.

23 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Does Flashing Blade 4 true damage effect stack with L!Alms weapon effect? Because in Flashing Blades 4 description it says if similar effects are activ only effect with highest value is accounted.

I think true damage should stack. The only thing it does not stack is the Special charging part.

So, I have had this +Atk -HP PArts Olivia for a long while, and decided now was the time to build her. But I do not want to use her default weapon. So, I have three options for other daggers: Rogue, Smoke, and Cleaner. Which one is best for Aether Raids Defense?

I also have Fury and Savage Blow on her.

26 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

So, I have had this +Atk -HP PArts Olivia for a long while, and decided now was the time to build her. But I do not want to use her default weapon. So, I have three options for other daggers: Rogue, Smoke, and Cleaner. Which one is best for Aether Raids Defense?

I also have Fury and Savage Blow on her.

I would go with Smoke or Cleaner. If you see offensive players using buffs a lot, then I would go with Cleaner to kill things. If a lot of your offensive players are not using buffs, then I would go with Smoke for annoying offensive players with debuffs.

Rogue is not great in the AI's hands in my opinion since they are not good at positioning to take advantage of buffs.

If you want to focus on killing things regardless of offensive players' use of buffs and are willing to use Grails for Skill Inheritance, you can give PA!Olivia instant Moonbow with Ouch Pouch, or Iceberg if you add Quickened Pulse.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would go with Smoke or Cleaner. If you see offensive players using buffs a lot, then I would go with Cleaner to kill things. If a lot of your offensive players are not using buffs, then I would go with Smoke for annoying offensive players with debuffs.

Rogue is not great in the AI's hands in my opinion since they are not good at positioning to take advantage of buffs.

If you want to focus on killing things regardless of offensive players' use of buffs and are willing to use Grails for Skill Inheritance, you can give PA!Olivia instant Moonbow with Ouch Pouch, or Iceberg if you add Quickened Pulse.

Looked at my previous defense results, and I saw more team with map buffs than not. So, Cleaner it is.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Looked at my previous defense results, and I saw more team with map buffs than not. So, Cleaner it is.

I’m starting to get back into FEH after a lengthy hiatus, and am now reconsidering my arena core.

Can you run the Askr trio as bonus units without having a merged armor team? My core is currently Nino (G Duel), Nowi, and Soleil. I also intend on rolling for Legendary Alm merges in July to get a higher score.

After that, what refines should I go for on each of them? I’m guessing Sharena and Anna want their special refines, while Alfonse wants either Defense or Resistance. For Alfonse I’m planning on running DC Aether with Brazen in the seal slot, but I’m not sure about the other slots.

58 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Can you run the Askr trio as bonus units without having a merged armor team? My core is currently Nino (G Duel), Nowi, and Soleil. I also intend on rolling for Legendary Alm merges in July to get a higher score.

I run BH!Lyn, Reinhardt, and Olivia who are all +10 with Askr trio as bonus units. I bounce between Tier 19 and Tier 20.

Assuming fully merged units, with your infantry team, you can probably easily bounce between Tier 20 and Tier 21, or maybe even stay in Tier 21.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

After that, what refines should I go for on each of them? I’m guessing Sharena and Anna want their special refines, while Alfonse wants either Defense or Resistance. For Alfonse I’m planning on running DC Aether with Brazen in the seal slot, but I’m not sure about the other slots.

For Arena for Alfonse, I personally recommend Atk Refinement with Desperation-Brash Assault and use him as a Player Phase unit. He is like the best Askr Trio in my opinion for bonus kills.

For Sharena, yeah, her special Refinement is good. I recommend giving Sharena Distant Counter instead since she can get a lot of mileage out of it with Fensalir's buff nullification, as she basically eats Blade mages for breakfast.

For Anna, I recommend giving her Slaying Hammer so she can actually deal damage to armor units. I think the slightly lower SP score is worth it if it means she can get more bonus kills.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

For Arena for Alfonse, I personally recommend Atk Refinement with Desperation-Brash Assault and use him as a Player Phase unit. He is like the best Askr Trio in my opinion for bonus kills.

Would the build look something like this?

Spoiler

Folkvangr @ Atk Refine

Reposition

Aether

Atk Def Solo 3

Desperation 3

Atk Smoke 3

Brash Assault

How would you set up Alfonse to get into Brashperation range? Fury seems like the best choice without considering enemy composition, but it doesn’t score very well.

I have Atk Def Solo I can fodder from a HS!Ryoma. Alfonse can still benefit from Drive support, but there are positioning issues.

For Sharena, yeah, her special Refinement is good. I recommend giving Sharena Distant Counter instead since she can get a lot of mileage out of it with Fensalir's buff nullification, as she basically eats Blade mages for breakfast.

This seems simple enough.

Spoiler

Sharena @ Special Refine

Reposition

Aether

Distant Counter

Null Follow Up 3 / Mystic Boost 3 / Quick Riposte 3

Atk Smoke 3

Brazen Atk Def 3

I don’t have Mystic Boost or NFU at the moment, but are they much of an improvement over QR? I really don’t want to set aside Eir or Alm fodder that I can use for merges.

For Anna, I recommend giving her Slaying Hammer so she can actually deal damage to armor units. I think the slightly lower SP score is worth it if it means she can get more bonus kills.

And this one?

Spoiler

Slaying Hammer @ Atk Refine

Reposition

Galeforce

Fury 3 / G Duel Infantry 3

Escape Route 3 / Renewal 3

Def Smoke 3

Brazen Atk Def 3

I don’t have Fury 4 unfortunately. Anna’s Attack stat is really bad so I don’t mind losing SP for scoring so long as she can kill things. G Duel seems really nightmarish to run on her.

Edited by MrSmokestack

8 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Would the build look something like this?

Reveal hidden contents

Folkvangr @ Atk Refine

Reposition

Aether

Atk Def Solo 3

Desperation 3

Atk Smoke 3

Brash Assault

How would you set up Alfonse to get into Brashperation range? Fury seems like the best choice without considering enemy composition, but it doesn’t score very well.

I have Atk Def Solo I can fodder from a HS!Ryoma. Alfonse can still benefit from Drive support, but there are positioning issues.

Yeah, although I would go with Brazen Atk/Def on the A slot since it costs 240 SP and is pretty cheap since you can get it from Ares who is now in the 3*-4* pool.

This what my Alfonse runs:
Fólkvangr [Atk]
Reposition
Aether
Brazen Atk/Def
Desperation
Atk Tactic
Brash Assault

If you can bounce between Tier 19 and Tier 20 like me, you will probably be scoring in the 720+ range and the vast majority of enemies are just stupid easy because most of them run a lot of score optimized skill sets instead of performance optimized skill sets, so it is pretty safe to left Alfonse take a few hits to get him into Brash Assault range. Just make sure you do a little math before you let Alfonse tank anything questionable though since he can still die to stuff like Nino who I occaisionally see.

30 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

This seems simple enough.

Reveal hidden contents

Sharena @ Special Refine

Reposition

Aether

Distant Counter

Null Follow Up 3 / Mystic Boost 3 / Quick Riposte 3

Atk Smoke 3

Brazen Atk Def 3

I don’t have Mystic Boost or NFU at the moment, but are they much of an improvement over QR? I really don’t want to set aside Eir or Alm fodder that I can use for merges.

Besides Distant Counter, my Sharena runs cheap skills you can obtain from units in the 3*-4* pool:
Fensalir [special]
Aether
Reposition
Distant Counter
Renewal
Atk Smoke
Atk/Spd Bond

I recommend Renewal so Sharena can top up her HP so she can safely handle multiple green foes if necessary. Enemies in the 720+ score range are usually infantry and armor units, so you have all the time in the world to wait for Sharena to get her HP back up.

Quick Riposte is not necessary in my opinion since most units are pretty slow, and even if Sharena cannot double the foe, Sharena got enough bulk drag out the battle safely and not die.

37 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

And this one?

Reveal hidden contents

Slaying Hammer @ Atk Refine

Reposition

Galeforce

Fury 3 / G Duel Infantry 3

Escape Route 3 / Renewal 3

Def Smoke 3

Brazen Atk Def 3

I don’t have Fury 4 unfortunately. Anna’s Attack stat is really bad so I don’t mind losing SP for scoring so long as she can kill things. G Duel seems really nightmarish to run on her.

This is my Anna:
Slaying Hammer [Def]
Aether
Reposition
Distant Counter
Renewal
Atk Smoke
Atk/Def Bond

Her build is basically the same as Sharena's. I gave her Distant Counter so it is less of a hassle to deal with ranged units. She does have trouble going through non-armor Def tanks since she does not have an Atk boosting A skill, but I often just let Anna take their hits and hopefully Anna will charge her Aether faster than the enemy tank can charge their Special.

— — — — — — —

Since you cannot run Tactics with an all infantry team, I recommend utilizing Wave skills instead. While Wave skills are a hassle to use and are not viable in difficult modes unless you run both parities at the same time (Odd Atk Wave and Even Atk Wave together for example), I think Arena is easy enough that utilizing Wave skills should not pose much of a challenge.

Nino comes with Even Atk Wave and Even Def Wave is a Sacred Seal, so we are just waiting for Even Res Wave Sacred Seal now. I do not think Even Spd Wave or Spd buffing skills are necessary since foes slow down significantly past 720+. You can also try the Odd Wave setup, but Even Wave setup seems cheaper currently.