"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nobody does. Alphabet soup is pointless and gets in the way of communication.

Yeah it does.

So I've given Bow!Hinoka a brave bow and she's actually not doing as well as she was with her native weapon.  What's the best A-Skill to throw on her to increase her damage output/Teammates to help up her damage?  I'm currently running Death Blow 3 and VS!Azura and trying out a few things.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So I've given Bow!Hinoka a brave bow and she's actually not doing as well as she was with her native weapon.  What's the best A-Skill to throw on her to increase her damage output/Teammates to help up her damage?  I'm currently running Death Blow 3 and VS!Azura and trying out a few things.

I personally prefer her default weapon since the effective damage at least helps with the armored half of the world's bulky annoyances. Brave Bow is great at nuking frailer targets, but has trouble with the amount of bulk now available to tanks.

If you leave Flier Formation on her, she gets a lot of benefit from running a full team of Goad Fliers, and you may want to switch her back to her default Atk/Spd Bond if you like that play style. Otherwise, Death Blow and Life and Death are the best non-premium A skills for her.

If you're looking at premium skills, there are Death Blow 4, Atk/Spd Solo (when not running Flier Formation), Brazen Atk/Spd (with Desperation and a method of activating both), and Sturdy Impact as top options for an Atk-centric build.

For other skill slots, Quickened Pulse + Moonbow is always an option for any Brave weapon.

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I personally prefer her default weapon since the effective damage at least helps with the armored half of the world's bulky annoyances. Brave Bow is great at nuking frailer targets, but has trouble with the amount of bulk now available to tanks.

If you leave Flier Formation on her, she gets a lot of benefit from running a full team of Goad Fliers, and you may want to switch her back to her default Atk/Spd Bond if you like that play style. Otherwise, Death Blow and Life and Death are the best non-premium A skills for her.

If you're looking at premium skills, there are Death Blow 4, Atk/Spd Solo (when not running Flier Formation), Brazen Atk/Spd (with Desperation and a method of activating both), and Sturdy Impact as top options for an Atk-centric build.

For other skill slots, Quickened Pulse + Moonbow is always an option for any Brave weapon.

Thanks.

So Death Blow 3 is okay to run with brave bow for Kinoka.  I'm currently running her flier formation to pull Azura to lolwaves for her, and aside from that getting the brave bow+ to at least get Kinoka hitting a bit harder.

Would she want +Spd refine for quading or +might refine for nuking?

19 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Brave Bow+ cannot be refined.

Drat.  That would be what she needs...

Ah well I guess I could try for Faye for the firesweep but I don't know if that's a good idea given my summoning luck.

So now the question becomes which bows can be refined and which ones can't?

21 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

For Infernal content, since you have ASS!Takumi, I recommend using him over WOF!Hinoka due to his better stats.

If you want to stick with WOF!Hinoka, she is much more reliant on buffs, so you want to make sure you have Hone Fliers, or at least Hone Atk-Hone Spd combo, on the team to provide that support.

I recommend running a full flier team consisting of one quad-Brave archer (slow-Brave does not have enough damage output), one Blade mage, and two Dancers/Singers.

33 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Bows that can be inherited and Refined are not worth inheriting. Bows worth inheriting are Brave Bow and Firesweep Bow, and neither of which are Refineable.

On 5/21/2019 at 11:24 PM, TheSilentChloey said:

Let's just answer for in general, rather than just bows.

~All Brave and Firesweep weapons, unless they are Prfs, cannot be forged.
~Assassin's Bow+ cannot be forged, but it can be upgraded to the Guard Bow+.
~Bladetomes and Raventomes cannot be forged.
~Gem weapons can't be forged.
~Pretty much anything that can be upgraded to a stronger weapon can't be forged.
~For some reason the Poison Dagger+ and Kitty Paddle+ still can't be forged even though numerous effective damage Daggers that are stronger by default AND have many more effects than either dagger can be forged without a care in the world. Seriously what the hell, DumbSys.

EDIT: I think I might have an attraction to Blue units... not sexual, more like a magnetic attraction...

Anyways, I know the popular set with Effie has something to do with Berkut's Lance or Slaying Lance or whatever, but I've been thinking she might be good with a Reprisal Lance. High Attack on top of built-in Fierce Stance and +Atk refine (I checked, there's not really a situation where +Def or +Res are better), and Special Fighter means she gets a 2 cooldown Special ready immediately.

The build I found to get the most kills is below, she's just against the Hard List of enemies in this simulator. She'd mostly be used in Arena Assault unless I find a reason to make a proper Aether Raids defense team. Any input on the set? She probably won't be my NEXT +10, but she's certainly on the +10ing list.

Spoiler

Effie [+Atk +10 merge]

W: Reprisal Lance [+Atk]
A: any (Prob Pivot or Swap)
S: Glimmer

A: Distant Counter
B: Special Fighter
C: any (Prob Panic Ploy or Armor March)
SS: Fierce Stance/Fire Boost

Note that in testing, Fierce Stance got the most kills, but because I currently have the seal on someone else for the forseeable future, and a +10 Effie has 59 HP with just the raw stats and weapon forge, I'm more likely to give her Fire Boost and have her be supported by a healer. Fire Boost gets 3 kills less than Fierce Stance.

Hard list results (enemy initiate): W!183, L!20, InC!45

edit 2: all skills were put on Effie except a proper C passive.

Edited by Xenomata

I've had weird luck lately, the bridal banner gave me a - spd +res tanith, the year one bridal banner free pull got me a - Atk + res Selkie. I don't know what to do with both of them as they have some bad flaws.

So what can I fodder of tanith for along with Harsh command+  and who are some good users of it? 

Also about Selkie, what are some builds that I can pull of that can help her? Or if I fodder her who are some good users of her B slot? 

Now something last, the fallen heroes banner gave me  a berkut, two corrins (one is +Atk and I merged the other one in her). And a +res - spd Nailah. Problem is that I don't know how can I build her to fix her spd (B slot and seal). Or should I fodder her of to corrin for DC and Null C disrupt. 

On 5/22/2019 at 12:17 AM, Xenomata said:

Anyways, I know the popular set with Effie has something to do with Berkut's Lance or Slaying Lance or whatever, but I've been thinking she might be good with a Reprisal Lance. High Attack on top of built-in Fierce Stance and +Atk refine (I checked, there's not really a situation where +Def or +Res are better), and Special Fighter means she gets a 2 cooldown Special ready immediately.

The build I found to get the most kills is below, she's just against the Hard List of enemies in this simulator. She'd mostly be used in Arena Assault unless I find a reason to make a proper Aether Raids defense team. Any input on the set? She probably won't be my NEXT +10, but she's certainly on the +10ing list.

Reveal hidden contents

Effie [+Atk +10 merge]

W: Reprisal Lance [+Atk]
A: any (Prob Pivot or Swap)
S: Glimmer

A: Distant Counter
B: Special Fighter
C: any (Prob Panic Ploy or Armor March)
SS: Fierce Stance/Fire Boost

Note that in testing, Fierce Stance got the most kills, but because I currently have the seal on someone else for the forseeable future, and a +10 Effie has 59 HP with just the raw stats and weapon forge, I'm more likely to give her Fire Boost and have her be supported by a healer. Fire Boost gets 3 kills less than Fierce Stance.

Hard list results (enemy initiate): W!183, L!20, InC!45

edit 2: all skills were put on Effie except a proper C passive.

That does seem pretty decent. Since she is not running Vantage though, I do not think she is as easy to use as Counter-Vantage units as she would ideally want healing after every round of combat to prevent being killed in one shot.

7 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

I've had weird luck lately, the bridal banner gave me a - spd +res tanith, the year one bridal banner free pull got me a - Atk + res Selkie. I don't know what to do with both of them as they have some bad flaws.

I recommend keeping at least one of each unit, as that gives you more options to deal with difficult content. Keeping them also allows you to grind for Feathers via Hero Merit as well as getting their Dragonflowers. She can also contribute to Arena Assault, Rival Domains, and any other modes that requires you to have a large amount of units.

So what can I fodder of tanith for along with Harsh command+  and who are some good users of it? 

Tanith is still salvageable with Lofty Blossoms, as that Weapon comes with Swift Sparrow. If you really want to fodder her, other than Harsh Command+, I recommend foddering Lofty Blossoms since Bridal Belonging Weapons are pretty powerful.

Also about Selkie, what are some builds that I can pull of that can help her? Or if I fodder her who are some good users of her B slot? 

She is fine as is, assuming you are running a standard Fury-Desperation build. +Res is a really good Boon, so I would just wait until you get another copy and merge her to get rid of the Flaw.

Any support unit with high Res can use it. Player Phase units that do not need their B slot can also use it, but most would probably still want a combat skill anyways to improve their combat performance.

Edited by XRay

20 minutes ago, XRay said:

That does seem pretty decent. Since she is not running Vantage though, I do not think she is as easy to use as Counter-Vantage units as she would ideally want healing after every round of combat to prevent being killed in one shot.

Do you mean like the 2017 Spring Weapons/Mystic Boost healing or a normal Staff healer?

48 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Do you mean like the 2017 Spring Weapons/Mystic Boost healing or a normal Staff healer?

A separate healer, either Eir or a Physic user. If Effie runs another Weapon or B skill, then she does not have that killing power anymore.

29 minutes ago, XRay said:

A separate healer, either Eir or a Physic user. If Effie runs another Weapon or B skill, then she does not have that killing power anymore.

Ah, yeah that makes sense, especially after looking at the numbers again...

Think that finalized my plans for Effie, down to a support partner. Only thing left to do now is get her to that +10 point... after some other +10s are done, though she should still be good in AA at... +2.

22 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

What's the best IVs for Bridal Caeda?  I've got a +Spd/-HP one.

Those are perfect IVs for her, with 40 speed she will make and avoid some doubles.

The problem is her low base atk and her weapon doesn’t help too much, if you want to really invest in her, you could give her a blade tome and desperation.

37 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Her atk is pretty pathetic so thats the first thing she would want a boost in, but with blarblade she can can get away with being +spd, for her bane you want -def or hp.
Dammit ninja'd 

Edited by Mackc2

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

The usual for the "standard tome stat spread": +Atk for more one-hit kills, +Spd for more doubles. With Blarblade, of course.

When will the mythic hero be announced? Is it gonna in some hours or tomorrow? 

By the way I am at 4.75 at the fell banner (skipped the bridals). Should I stop and save a few orbs for the mythic or use the rest of the TT orbs for it since it would be a waste to leave it at 4.75?

2 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

When will the mythic hero be announced? Is it gonna in some hours or tomorrow? 

By the way I am at 4.75 at the fell banner (skipped the bridals). Should I stop and save a few orbs for the mythic or use the rest of the TT orbs for it since it would be a waste to leave it at 4.75?

Do you want to do well in astra season in AR? If so, it might be good to save some until the trailer drops. We should get an Astra hero but it might share with things like L!Tiki and Selkie, if it is going to be blue. 

I’d say wait, if nothing interests you you can always go back to darkness within.

8 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Do you want to do well in astra season in AR? If so, it might be good to save some until the trailer drops. We should get an Astra hero but it might share with things like L!Tiki and Selkie, if it is going to be blue. 

I’d say wait, if nothing interests you you can always go back to darkness within.

Thanks, well most units we know so far interest me and I need a boost in my Astra team as my light is pretty good. But is the trailer expected to drop tonight ? 

Edited by SuperNova125

3 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Thanks, well most units we know so far interest me and I need a boost in my Astra team as my light is pretty good. But is the trailer expected to drop tonight ? 

I am expecting it to, but nothing is certain. The trailer should drop at the latest tomorrow night, which is still before DW banner ends. Though you will have only a few hours i believe. But there should be a window where you know what is on the L! banner while the DW banner is still live.

3 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

I personally always summon until I reset my pity rate. If you are only budgeting something like 50 to 100 Orbs for a Foci, then I recommend not spending those Orbs at all since often times you are not get anything and it is just a waste of a pity rate.

It is more efficient to summon in fewer Foci if it means you can reset your pity rate each time. For example, if you are only spending 50 Orbs on every Focus, your average 5* rate will be in the low 6%. Instead, if you summon from fewer Foci but with more Orbs, say 300 Orb budget per Focus, your average 5* rate would be higher due to the pity rate increase.

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, Rhessaw said:

I have a +5 Julia with these stats:

HP 40

ATK 40

SPD 28

DEF 19

RES 34

She has no skills equipped and she seems to have an atk boon but theres no bane, did I miss something?

Flaws are "eliminated" once you merge a unit. Flaws will reappear if you promote a unit and their merge level goes back to +0. This does not really affect 5* units since they cannot promote, but if they release 6* in the future or something, then Julia's Flaw will reappear at 6*+0 unless they update the mechanic.

Randomly picked up a spare Hardin last week so instead of merging I'm looking for some guidance on how best to use the spare Bold Fighter, and perhaps more generally on building the best possible armoured team from this motley bunch. Note that I've never inherited any of Bold/Vengeful/Special Fighter or Armor March before, so you can assume none of the units below have it unless it's in their default kit.

NSIxf49.jpg

Yes, these are all my armours, not very impressive I know. Sheena and Gwendolyn are 4*+10, BK is +2, Brave and Legendary Hectors are both +1. BK or Cecilia seem the easiest picks, maybe Dorcas as a black horse given he's also sort-of mergeable and Legendary Hector seems to fit better in a mixed team. I don't plan on +10ing anyone, but would be fine buying perhaps a couple of copies of any given unit with grails, taking them to the +2 to +4 range.

In terms of other available SI, I have one spare Amelia for Armor March, and two spare DCs (one of which is on a +Res Effie, pictured above, the other one being +Atk).

EDIT: Added Brave Ephraim who was missed on the previous screenshot because I hadn't finished levelling him.

Edited by Humanoid