"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

46 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Randomly picked up a spare Hardin last week so instead of merging I'm looking for some guidance on how best to use the spare Bold Fighter, and perhaps more generally on building the best possible armoured team from this motley bunch. Note that I've never inherited any of Bold/Vengeful/Special Fighter or Armor March before, so you can assume none of the units below have it unless it's in their default kit.

NSIxf49.jpg

Yes, these are all my armours, not very impressive I know. Sheena and Gwendolyn are 4*+10, BK is +2, Brave and Legendary Hectors are both +1. BK or Cecilia seem the easiest picks, maybe Dorcas as a black horse given he's also sort-of mergeable and Legendary Hector seems to fit better in a mixed team. I don't plan on +10ing anyone, but would be fine buying perhaps a couple of copies of any given unit with grails, taking them to the +2 to +4 range.

In terms of other available SI, I have one spare Amelia for Armor March, and two spare DCs (one of which is on a +Res Effie, pictured above, the other one being +Atk).

EDIT: Added Brave Ephraim who was missed on the previous screenshot because I hadn't finished levelling him.

In my opinion, the best use of Bold Fighter is either on a Player Phase bow armor (with Firesweep and Armored Boots) or on a dual phase Distant Counter melee armor.

Bow armors are the only viable pure Player Phase armor units in my opinion since they have access to Firesweep Bow to bypass counter attacks, and if Firesweep is not affordable, then Brave Bow is decent budget option. Other ranged armors can also use Bold Fighter well on defense since they do not care about overstretching and dying as their main purpose is to land kills rather than survive; on offense though, without a way to bypass counterattacks, non-bow ranged armor units are a lot more difficult to use due to their lower mobility.

Melee armor units cannot run pure Player Phase well in my opinion since Armored Boots have a stringent HP requirement, and that low mobility makes it difficult to work with Dancers/Singers. Instead, melee armor units should either go all in on Enemy Phase or go dual phase for flexibility to take advantage of the phase the foe is weak in (i.e. fight Enemy Phase foes on your Enemy Phase/their "Player Phase", fight Player Phase foes on your Player Phase/their "Enemy Phase").

For your current roster, I do not think it matters which melee armor you give Bold Fighter to as long as you also give the unit the whole package with Quick Riposte on the Sacred Seal slot, as well as Distant Counter and Armor March. I am a bit iffy on GOW!Cecilia; she is good on defense, but if you want to use her yourself, that low mobility could be frustrating.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's the best IV for Grima, his +Atk Super boon to give him more atk to take out enemies or keeping his +Def IV for a more defensive build like the Grima I have on my dreaded list of units I have to work on?

5 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So what's the best IV for Grima, his +Atk Super boon to give him more atk to take out enemies or keeping his +Def IV for a more defensive build like the Grima I have on my dreaded list of units I have to work on?

Depends on how much supportive Defense you can give Robin/Grima.

Three stacks of Ward Armor alone would push 0 merge +Def to 50 Def. This should delete all blue damage, a good chuck of Green, and somewhat mitigate the damage intake of Reds. Probably won't do much to offset any Falchion damage though...

In my opinion though, it won't be worth going in on his Defense if you don't intend to try and make it as high as possible. Grima can and will be doubled by everyone save slow Cavs, and he can be worn down eventually if he's too soft, even if he does defeat the enemy on retaliation. Though if the Grima I'm looking at on your list is the Grima in question... that's probably not going to be an issue.

Also worth thinking about: Grima has very high Atk as is, and coming with Vengeful Fighter by default more or less cinches his primary playstyle of "let the fools strike at me, I'll have them down in two hits". Higher Atk might be good for ensuring more deaths especially in just the first hit, which can be considered important now that Null Follow-up is becoming more common.

Edited by Xenomata

5 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

+Def/Res is best if you are going for a pure Enemy Phase build. Enemy Phase units in general need bulk more than they need Atk.

+Atk/Def/Res are all fine if you are going for a dual phase build. +Atk is better if you want to emphasize his Player Phase combat more, and +Def/Res is better if you want to emphasize his Enemy Phase combat more.

8 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Depends on how much supportive Defense you can give Robin/Grima.

Three stacks of Ward Armor alone would push 0 merge +Def to 50 Def. This should delete all blue damage, a good chuck of Green, and somewhat mitigate the damage intake of Reds. Probably won't do much to offset any Falchion damage though...

In my opinion though, it won't be worth going in on his Defense if you don't intend to try and make it as high as possible. Grima can and will be doubled by everyone save slow Cavs, and he can be worn down eventually if he's too soft, even if he does defeat the enemy on retaliation. Though if the Grima I'm looking at on your list is the Grima in question... that's probably not going to be an issue.

Also worth thinking about: Grima has very high Atk as is, and coming with Vengeful Fighter by default more or less cinches his primary playstyle of "let the fools strike at me, I'll have them down in two hits". Higher Atk might be good for ensuring more deaths especially in just the first hit, which can be considered important now that Null Follow-up is becoming more common.

I think this is what I was sort of thinking and I'm not sure if that's best.  Because I've found he needs more Atk power of late...

42 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I think this is what I was sort of thinking and I'm not sure if that's best.  Because I've found he needs more Atk power of late...

Are you running Bonfire or Ignis? If you are running Aether, Aether is not great for performance as it significantly lowers his damage output.

+Def generally outperforms +Atk in most setups. However, the best setup I have found is with Steady Stance-Atk/Def Bond, and in that particularly case, +Atk is indeed better than +Def.

Challenger List: Tested against Hard List enemies, both sides +10. Challengers have 0/0/12/12 in spur buffs, while enemies have 6/6/6/6 in bonus buffs.

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Robin(M) (FH) (5*+10 +def)  
Weapon: Expiration  
Special: Ignis  
A: Steady Breath  
B: Vengeful Fighter 3  
? Ward Dragons  
S: Close Def 3  

Robin(M) (FH) (5*+10 +atk)  
? Ward Dragons  

Special: Bonfire  
A: Steady Stance 4  
? Ward Dragons  

? Ward Dragons  

? Ward Dragons  
S: Atk Def Bond 3  

? Ward Dragons  

? Ward Dragons  

? Ward Dragons  

I am a bit confused with something, how do mythic effects work (raising and reducing lift)? Is it better to have more copies of a unit or more merges of it? And generally can someone explain it please, as I never used mythic heroes other than the free Eir in AR. 

24 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I am a bit confused with something, how do mythic effects work (raising and reducing lift)? Is it better to have more copies of a unit or more merges of it? And generally can someone explain it please, as I never used mythic heroes other than the free Eir in AR. 

• You get 10 Lift × [number of Light Mythic Heroes] × [number of Light blessings] + [total number of merges on Light Mythic Heroes] on offense for each win.
    • 1 Eir + 4 Light blessings results in 10 × 1 × 4 = +40 Lift.
    • 2 Eir + 3 Light blessings results in 10 × 2 × 3 = +60 Lift.
  • You get 5 Lift × [number of Dark Mythic Heroes] × [number of Dark blessings] + [total number of merges on Dark Mythic Heroes] on defense for each loss that counted against you.
    • Number of Dark Mythic Heroes that count is capped at 2.
    • 1 Yune + 5 Dark blessings results in 5 × 1 × 5 = 25 Lift, meaning you lose 80 - 25 = 55 Lift per loss that counts (assuming your team killed no attackers).
    • 2 Yune + 4 Dark blessings results in 5 × 2 × 4 = 40 Lift, meaning you lose 80 - 40 = 40 Lift per loss that counts (assuming your team killed no attackers).
  • Replace Light with Astra on Astra season and Dark with Anima on Anima season.
  • Legendary Heroes that match the current Arena season always count as if they were blessed with all Mythic blessings.

Having 2 copies of the Mythic Hero is more optimal than merging them (because number of Heroes is multiplied by 10 × the number of blessings, but number of merges is always only +1 each), but every copy after the second is better off merged (because the third copy of the Mythic Hero costs you too many team slots to be efficient on offense and simply doesn't count on defense).

Edited by Ice Dragon

Just got Hrid off the Naga banner, and from looking at his kit, he is all about debuffing. And proceeding to murder everything that is debuffed via his Gjoll weapon.

Who would be a good teammate for consistant debuff spreading to help him out? I have Aversa and Sothe available, and both of them seem like good choices, Aversa for her built in panic status, and Sothe for his AoE debuff dagger.

Edited by Faellin

So, another +Atk or +Spd question and for legendary Lyn. Also, +Res, but I'm guessing if I wanted to use a magic tank archer, I should probably use someone else like Faye, Niles, or Jeorge or use a green mage with high resistance instead.

27 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Just got Hrid off the Naga banner, and from looking at his kit, he is all about debuffing. And proceeding to murder everything that is debuffed via his Gjoll weapon.

Who would be a good teammate for consistant debuff spreading to help him out? I have Aversa and Sothe available, and both of them seem like good choices, Aversa for her built in panic status, and Sothe for his AoE debuff dagger.

~Aversa is a solid option for consistent debuffing, as many games can be considered spent standing next to your allies. The only thing to watch out for is making sure her enemies have at least 3 HP less than her, which can usually be matched by Armor units using forged weapons.
If you want to be REALLY excessive, then R Duel Flying, HP +5 SS or similar, at least +8 merge, at least one Dragonflower, and max Summoner Support will put her at 63 HP even before she gets one Blessing boost... though that'd be overkill.

~Sothe is not unique as an AoE Debuff dagger: that's the basics of all dagger units after they got the Weapon Refinery update. What's unique to Sothe, which in reality is also available to Brave Veronica, is the ability to buff his allies at the same time. In regards to that, Sothe is a good choice of ally if you can manage to keep Hrid buffed off it. However, if you can't, or Hrid has access to better buffs than +4 to all stats (such as Tactics or Hone/Fortify Cav on ally horses), then you'd best look at any other dagger user, as they all sport at least Def/Res -7 to the target and all of the targets allies within 2 spaces, or Smoke Dagger's -6 to all stats.

~Also worth remembering is the existence of the following Sacred Seals: Panic Ploy, Atk Ploy, Spd Ploy, Def Ploy, Res Ploy, and Chill Atk. Equipping any of these to an ally would only help Hrid out.

In the end, if you could only pick one, I'd go with Aversa. Even if you can't build a dagger unit right now, there's better debuffs than what Sothe has access to, as he mostly offers his simultaneous buff.

If I may though... the unit who has both the highest Res in the game AS WELL as being available in the normal 3* and 4* pool is Wrys. Give him Fortress Def/Res 3, Fortress Res 3 SS, and a +Res Asset, and he will have 50 Res total. Not even merged. Most units would have to heavily invest in their Res to get anywhere near that. Now it is expensive, but if you ever do find yourself with a spare Fortress Def/Res 3 fodder, Sabotage Atk or Res, and any Stat Ploy... Wrys is a reliable trigger of them.
...not saying you should do that. But I did, and it's fun.

57 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Units with Chills, New Year's of Fire and Ice Weapons, Sabotages, and other long range debuffs are good (ideally with little or no combat nor positioning requirements). Aversa, Gunnthrá, NYOFAI!Gunnthrá, HATF!Sharena, HATF!Catria, and Yune got good exclusive debuffing skills.

While Sothe has a large debuff area, he needs to be extracted out of enemy range after combat, so he might not be viable in some maps.

53 minutes ago, Kaden said:

So, another +Atk or +Spd question and for legendary Lyn. Also, +Res, but I'm guessing if I wanted to use a magic tank archer, I should probably use someone else like Faye, Niles, or Jeorge or use a green mage with high resistance instead.

As always, it depends on the mode and/or the enemies she face. If you need her to constantly fight high Spd enemies, go with +Spd. If she is only used in the Colosseum and all you see are just slow units with SP optimized builds, then +Atk is better.

For Enemy Phase, +Spd and +Res are both good options but which nature you choose depends on what type of tank you want her to be. If you want her to be a Res tank that can withstand doubles, +Res is better. If you want her to prevent doubles as a Spd tank, then go with +Spd.

If you are not sure what you want to do with her, then I would go with +Spd, as that nature gives her the flexibility to switch out her kit and do either Player Phase or Enemy Phase depending on the situation.

Edited by XRay

I have a +Atk +1 Legendary Eirika and I thought of a nice offensive build that doesn't include storm Sieglinde. Wo dao+(Atk refined), Smite/Shove, Moonbow, Atk/Spd Solo, Lunar Brace, Atk smoke, Heavy blade. I don't like storm Sieglinde at all and I thought I would capitalize on the true damage specials and her good offenses. However, I have not refined her weapon yet and I ask if I should go for it because refining stones are quite rare. 

Also got a +res -Def Legendary Tiki. Point is that she is meant to be a mixed phase unit but I already have a fallen tiki which is way better at this and L! Tiki would go wasted so I thought I would make her exclusively enemy phase. Divine mist, pivot, bonfire, Atk Def bond, vengeful fighter, with everyone, armored boots. With everyone works with atk/def bond and sends her to 55 Atk 43 Def and 37 res total. Bonfire deals somewhere near 21 damage. She moves using armored boots at the beggining and pivots later on. All is good but problem is that vengeful fighter is only on Winter Fae and L! Hector in my barracks . I won't fodder Hector as he is very good and I am thinking of foddering Fae for VF. But she is +1 meged from the Alm banner and has the 2nd armor March on my armor team but I don't use her at all so I thought that it would be worth it. Should I go for it? 

Sorry for it being long. 

6 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

I have a +Atk +1 Legendary Eirika and I thought of a nice offensive build that doesn't include storm Sieglinde. Wo dao+(Atk refined), Smite/Shove, Moonbow, Atk/Spd Solo, Lunar Brace, Atk smoke, Heavy blade. I don't like storm Sieglinde at all and I thought I would capitalize on the true damage specials and her good offenses. However, I have not refined her weapon yet and I ask if I should go for it because refining stones are quite rare. 

Wo Dao [Atk]-Heavy Blade is basically Storm Sieglinde-Atk/Spd but much worse. Wo Dao [Atk]-Heavy Blade is just a potential 19 Atk (14 Mt guaranteed + (10/2) Wo/Harmonic effect; if Special does not activate, then it is just a weak 14 Atk) with a Heavy Blade effect versus Storm Sieglinde-Atk/Spd which is a solid 21 Atk, 2 Spd, 3 Def, 3 Res, and a Heavy Blade effect.

For Refinements in general, I do not recommend Atk Refine unless the unit has a Refinable Brave Weapon or you are going for some kind of one shot build. Atk Refinement is generally the worst Refinement in most cases as Spd Refinement can usually outperform Atk Refinement.

Challenger List: Against Hard List enemies, with both sides +10. Enemies have 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs. If you give GR!Eirika buffs, it will help narrow the performance gap between the Weapons, but without buffs, Storm Sieglinde performs a lot better. I also used Spd Refine.

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Eirika (GR) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Storm Sieglinde  
Special: Moonbow  
A: Atk Spd Solo 3  
B: Lunar Brace  
S: Atk Spd 2  

Eirika (GR) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Slaying Edge+  
S: Heavy Blade 3  
Upgrade Path: 2  

Eirika (GR) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Wo Dao+  

Also got a +res -Def Legendary Tiki. Point is that she is meant to be a mixed phase unit but I already have a fallen tiki which is way better at this and L! Tiki would go wasted so I thought I would make her exclusively enemy phase.

It is better to have more mixed phase armor units than less. I would keep LD!Y!Tiki as a mixed phase armor unit.

I am thinking of foddering Fae for VF. But she is +1 meged from the Alm banner and has the 2nd armor March on my armor team but I don't use her at all so I thought that it would be worth it. Should I go for it? 

I would keep GOW!Fae. As a dragon, she would be great as a dual phase unit if you can get her Bold Fighter-Quick Riposte later on. DW!Y!Tiki, LD!Y!Tiki, and GOW!Fae already make a decent mixed phase armor team, and if you have Black Knight or TLB!Myrrh, the team would cover every color.

2 hours ago, Karuu30 said:

Any builds for a +def -hp Fallen!Tiki? I want to keep special fighter but i don’t know which skills are the best for her.

Her default skill set is mostly fine, if you can afford it, Bonus Doubler would be perfect as it works with Solitary Dream, if not then just replace Brazen Atk/Spd with Distance Def or Swift Sparrow or something depending on which phase you want to emphasize more, and remember to give her Reposition or Swap. Her Sacred Seal can either match the phase of her A skill to double down on that phase's performance, or you can have it work on the opposite phase so she has a more balanced mixed phase performance.

Edited by XRay

20 hours ago, XRay said:

As always, it depends on the mode and/or the enemies she face. If you need her to constantly fight high Spd enemies, go with +Spd. If she is only used in the Colosseum and all you see are just slow units with SP optimized builds, then +Atk is better.

For Enemy Phase, +Spd and +Res are both good options but which nature you choose depends on what type of tank you want her to be. If you want her to be a Res tank that can withstand doubles, +Res is better. If you want her to prevent doubles as a Spd tank, then go with +Spd.

If you are not sure what you want to do with her, then I would go with +Spd, as that nature gives her the flexibility to switch out her kit and do either Player Phase or Enemy Phase depending on the situation.

She's probably going to be used in a mix of things in which case +Spd would be the most flexible as you said. The +Res thing was because another one did show up as that, but like I said, I feel like if I were to go with mage tanking, I'd rather use a different archer or green mage with high resistance. Granted, she is one of three green archers currently in the game. Regardless, I think I'm going to use her more defensively by keeping her Laws of Sacae and swapping her default Desperation with Dull Ranged.

Either +Atk or +Spd would help and on both sides. Against mainly ranged units, outside of fliers and anyone with really, really low defense, I don't think she could reliably one shot people. Jeorge would have an easier time and the conditions would be easier to fulfill either as a raw attack stat increase through Atk+3, Fury, or L&D, being in Brazen Atk/Y range, or attacking with Death Blow or being attacked with Fierce Stance. Unique refined Parthia would only work against ranged units, though, while legendary Lyn just needs to be nearby more allies than enemies with Swift Mulagir and be attacked and be nearby two or more allies with Laws of Sacae. Ensuring doubles and avoiding doubles might be what she wants to do more such as against speed demons like flying Nino who regardless if Lyn could one shot her, if Nino's in Desperation range and can double legendary Lyn, then Lyn could be screwed. I kind of remember @Ice Dragon talking about this for legendary Lyn.

Summoned again and had another poncho Tiki show up as +Spd, -Atk. The first one was +Res, -Atk. Armors usually don't want +Spd, but poncho Tiki is one of the few armors with good speed which would also make her a good user of Special Fighter outside of being able to get instant Glimmers/Moonbows on counter that targets resistance. Hilariously enough, her fallen self comes with Special Fighter by default. Granted, she comes with Bold Fighter, so speed doesn't really matter for her to begin with on player phase outside of enemies somehow surviving and having enough speed to double her. On enemy phase, though, it still helps to ensure or avoid doubles. With her Divine Mist having Distant Counter, +Res on the other hand lets her deal with other dragons, mages, and healers who aren't running Dazzling Staff more easily. It would also scale very well with the usual stack Ward Armor on an armor team.

Also, convince me not to burn a poncho for Fierce Breath and Bold Fighter onto a +Atk, -Spd Zelgius. Being able to inherit four skills now is such a blessing. If only I had more copies of her. Fierce Breath Saber and Seliph would be nice.

Edit: Forgot about this, but what does Kaden -- the unit, not me -- want? Other than Fury I guess, Luna or Bonfire depending on his defense, and a different C passive depending on the team.

Edited by Kaden

5 hours ago, XRay said:

Wo Dao [Atk]-Heavy Blade is basically Storm Sieglinde-Atk/Spd but much worse. Wo Dao [Atk]-Heavy Blade is just a potential 19 Atk (14 Mt guaranteed + (10/2) Wo/Harmonic effect; if Special does not activate, then it is just a weak 14 Atk) with a Heavy Blade effect versus Storm Sieglinde-Atk/Spd which is a solid 21 Atk, 2 Spd, 3 Def, 3 Res, and a Heavy Blade effect.

For Refinements in general, I do not recommend Atk Refine unless the unit has a Refinable Brave Weapon or you are going for some kind of one shot build. Atk Refinement is generally the worst Refinement in most cases as Spd Refinement can usually outperform Atk Refinement.

Challenger List: Against Hard List enemies, with both sides +10. Enemies have 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs. If you give GR!Eirika buffs, it will help narrow the performance gap between the Weapons, but without buffs, Storm Sieglinde performs a lot better. I also used Spd Refine.

Reveal hidden contents

CHALLENGER LIST  
Eirika (GR) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Storm Sieglinde  
S: Atk Spd 2  

Eirika (GR) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Slaying Edge+  

Eirika (GR) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Wo Dao+  

It is better to have more mixed phase armor units than less. I would keep LD!Y!Tiki as a mixed phase armor unit.

I would keep GOW!Fae. As a dragon, she would be great as a dual phase unit if you can get her Bold Fighter-Quick Riposte later on. DW!Y!Tiki, LD!Y!Tiki, and GOW!Fae already make a decent mixed phase armor team, and if you have Black Knight or TLB!Myrrh, the team would cover every color.

Her default skill set is mostly fine, if you can afford it, Bonus Doubler would be perfect as it works with Solitary Dream, if not then just replace Brazen Atk/Spd with Distance Def or Swift Sparrow or something depending on which phase you want to emphasize more, and remember to give her Reposition or Swap. Her Sacred Seal can either match the phase of her A skill to double down on that phase's performance, or you can have it work on the opposite phase so she has a more balanced mixed phase performance.

After using storm Sieglinde my opinion on it as improved as a weapon, but still it is kind of weird, it doesn't allow her to have support from her team mates other than Veronica and lolizura when at low Hp. And when the maps are tricky she might not use it at all, thought with her Atk just not having an ally in one space gives her 59 atk 46 Spd. If I were to give her an inhwritable weapon as a second choise what would be recommended? 

I accidentally foddered Fae for VF. Needless to say I regret it now because she would have been an excellent teammate for tiki with her armor March and thought I didn't realize it my armored team now kind of fell apart. As I summon more on Legendary and mythic banners compared to normal and Seasonals (DW was an exception) next month will probably have Iddun to finish the Binding blade banner (Thea might get skipped) so I will get her for a tank and slap an armor March when I get one. 

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

She's probably going to be used in a mix of things in which case +Spd would be the most flexible as you said. The +Res thing was because another one did show up as that, but like I said, I feel like if I were to go with mage tanking, I'd rather use a different archer or green mage with high resistance. Granted, she is one of three green archers currently in the game. Regardless, I think I'm going to use her more defensively by keeping her Laws of Sacae and swapping her default Desperation with Dull Ranged.

Either +Atk or +Spd would help and on both sides. Against mainly ranged units, outside of fliers and anyone with really, really low defense, I don't think she could reliably one shot people. Jeorge would have an easier time and the conditions would be easier to fulfill either as a raw attack stat increase through Atk+3, Fury, or L&D, being in Brazen Atk/Y range, or attacking with Death Blow or being attacked with Fierce Stance. Unique refined Parthia would only work against ranged units, though, while legendary Lyn just needs to be nearby more allies than enemies with Swift Mulagir and be attacked and be nearby two or more allies with Laws of Sacae. Ensuring doubles and avoiding doubles might be what she wants to do more such as against speed demons like flying Nino who regardless if Lyn could one shot her, if Nino's in Desperation range and can double legendary Lyn, then Lyn could be screwed. I kind of remember @Ice Dragon talking about this for legendary Lyn.

I use Legendary Lyn mostly for PvE (though she does get some use in the Arena when I just want to do Beginner or Intermediate runs for quests), and I've been running her extremely successfully with +Spd, though the merges do help a ton since she is a Spd tank and therefore uses all 5 of her stats (meaning each merge is meaningful).

My build is

[+Spd, -Def]
Swift Mulagir
Reposition
Moonbow
Laws of Sacae
Dull Ranged 3
[flexible passive C]
Distant Def 3

I'm lazy, so she's currently using her default Spd Tactic even though it's completely useless in a full infantry team.

The Distant Def Sacred Seal can be swapped out for Warding Stance if it's already taken, though Distant Def is obviously optimal here.

I don't run Quick Riposte because she typically has more than enough Spd between Swift Mulagir and Laws of Sacae (and Dull Ranged preventing opponents from buffing to compensate), though Quick Riposte should definitely take the spot if you're running Distant Def 4 instead of Laws of Sacae (since Dull Ranged is redundant and Distant Def costs you some Spd).

Since her skills require her teammates to crowd around her, it's best to run a giant pile of Drive skills to buff whichever stats you need most for the job at hand. I typically have 1 stack each of Drive Def 2, Drive Res 2, and Distant Guard 3 on her due to being too lazy to fill out the rest of my team's slots with actually relevant skills. If you're running Distant Def 4 instead of Laws of Sacae, I highly recommend at least 1 stack each of Drive Atk 2 and Drive Spd 2 to make up for the lost Atk and Spd.

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

Edit: Forgot about this, but what does Kaden -- the unit, not me -- want? Other than Fury I guess, Luna or Bonfire depending on his defense, and a different C passive depending on the team.

I've been running him as pure support with his A slot still blank since he doesn't actually need to see combat ever. If he's going to see combat, I'd opt for any player-phase or dual-phase A skill (Fury, Death Blow, Swift Sparrow, Life and Death, etc.). If he's intended to stay in the back, something like Fury or Fortress Def could work.

If you're running him with Dark Berkut as your tank or are very good at popping Bolt Traps and getting out, you can even consider running something like a Defiant skill to get a consistent +7 to one stat after taking the initial damage. (Something is wrong with the world if I'm actually recommending a Defiant skill.)

For his Special, you can stick with the typical Moonbow or Luna. His Def is probably not quite high enough to make Bonfire worth running.

In the C slot and Sacred Seal slot, you want to run whatever buff works best for your team. I'm currently running Drive Def in the C slot and Drive Res in the Sacred Seal slot, though if you have spare copies of Distant Guard or Close Guard, those are probably more optimal options.

His Assist skill can really be any mobility skill, whichever you find easiest to use for activating his Link skill (as opposed to actually moving your team around). His default Pivot is actually pretty good for this. (It's so weird actually recommending Pivot these days.)

4 hours ago, Kaden said:

Summoned again and had another poncho Tiki show up as +Spd, -Atk. The first one was +Res, -Atk. Armors usually don't want +Spd, but poncho Tiki is one of the few armors with good speed which would also make her a good user of Special Fighter outside of being able to get instant Glimmers/Moonbows on counter that targets resistance. Hilariously enough, her fallen self comes with Special Fighter by default. Granted, she comes with Bold Fighter, so speed doesn't really matter for her to begin with on player phase outside of enemies somehow surviving and having enough speed to double her. On enemy phase, though, it still helps to ensure or avoid doubles. With her Divine Mist having Distant Counter, +Res on the other hand lets her deal with other dragons, mages, and healers who aren't running Dazzling Staff more easily. It would also scale very well with the usual stack Ward Armor on an armor team.

LD!Y!Tiki can decently run +Atk/Spd/Def/Res. Given the choice though, I would go with +Spd so she can double as often as possible as well as preventing enemy doubles.

4 hours ago, Kaden said:

Also, convince me not to burn a poncho for Fierce Breath and Bold Fighter onto a +Atk, -Spd Zelgius. Being able to inherit four skills now is such a blessing. If only I had more copies of her. Fierce Breath Saber and Seliph would be nice.

Fierce Breath is generally inferior to Steady Breath, Warding Breath, and future Darting Breath. Most Enemy Phase tanks want to increase their Spd, Def, Res, or some combination of them depending on what type of tank they are. The only Enemy Phase units that want to stack Atk are Counter-Vantage units, tanks with sufficient bulk to tank a single hit from most units and retaliate with a one shot kill, and tanks with insane bulk (such as via Omnibreaker or Seliph's Tyrfing Miracle).

If you ever get a +Spd Zelgius, Special Fighter might be more preferable for dual phasing.

4 hours ago, Kaden said:

For Specials, I would go with Moonbow so he can activate it during his first round of combat, assuming he can double and the enemy can retaliate. As a buffer, I would leave the rest of his skills alone, although you may want to change his Assist and C slot to something more appropriate depending on team set up.

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

After using storm Sieglinde my opinion on it as improved as a weapon, but still it is kind of weird, it doesn't allow her to have support from her team mates other than Veronica and lolizura when at low Hp. And when the maps are tricky she might not use it at all, thought with her Atk just not having an ally in one space gives her 59 atk 46 Spd. If I were to give her an inhwritable weapon as a second choise what would be recommended?

I am on my computer now and I redid those setups in the calculator, and the numbers looked different from what I had earlier on my phone. Without buffs, all three setups perform similarly, with Storm Sieglinde still being the best; with buffs, Storm Sieglinde performs much better than Slaying Edge and Wo Dao.

If you are using her in proximity to allies, then you might want to change her A slot as well to something like Swift Sparrow or Life and Death. Her Weapon, Special, A skill, and B skill are designed to synergize together and make her an independent unit that can operate far from the rest of the team. While Player Phase units usually break formation to attack, there are often cases where nukes are better off just staying in formation close to their allies, such as when enemies are already in range.

If you want to use her like a regular nuke, then you might as well just rehaul her skill set to a standard Player Phase kit:
Slaying Edge [Spd]
Reposition
Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
Brazen Atk/Spd
At 1 HP with Life and Death, this gives her consistent performance no matter how you position her. It's performance is not as good as her default kit under ideal circumstances, but it also does not have as much restrictions in terms of positioning and you do not have to worry about refilling her HP as she got Desperation for sustainability.

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So I got a +Def/-Atk Quan so my question is this:

What the hell do I do to make him viable for Squad Assault/Lunatic PvE content?

Gae Bolg — Vanguard [Def] — Slaying Lance [Def]
(Any Assist) — Swap
Bonfire
Steady Stance 4 — Close Def 4 (not out yet) — (Any A that boosts Atk/Def)
Quick Riposte
(Any C)
Atk/Def Bond — Close Def — Steady Stance

45 minutes ago, XRay said:

LD!Y!Tiki can decently run +Atk/Spd/Def/Res. Given the choice though, I would go with +Spd so she can double as often as possible as well as preventing enemy doubles.

Fierce Breath is generally inferior to Steady Breath, Warding Breath, and future Darting Breath. Most Enemy Phase tanks want to increase their Spd, Def, Res, or some combination of them depending on what type of tank they are. The only Enemy Phase units that want to stack Atk are Counter-Vantage units, tanks with sufficient bulk to tank a single hit from most units and retaliate with a one shot kill, and tanks with insane bulk (such as via Omnibreaker or Seliph's Tyrfing Miracle).

If you ever get a +Spd Zelgius, Special Fighter might be more preferable for dual phasing.

For Specials, I would go with Moonbow so he can activate it during his first round of combat, assuming he can double and the enemy can retaliate. As a buffer, I would leave the rest of his skills alone, although you may want to change his Assist and C slot to something more appropriate depending on team set up.

I am on my computer now and I redid those setups in the calculator, and the numbers looked different from what I had earlier on my phone. Without buffs, all three setups perform similarly, with Storm Sieglinde still being the best; with buffs, Storm Sieglinde performs much better than Slaying Edge and Wo Dao.

If you are using her in proximity to allies, then you might want to change her A slot as well to something like Swift Sparrow or Life and Death. Her Weapon, Special, A skill, and B skill are designed to synergize together and make her an independent unit that can operate far from the rest of the team. While Player Phase units usually break formation to attack, there are often cases where nukes are better off just staying in formation close to their allies, such as when enemies are already in range.

If you want to use her like a regular nuke, then you might as well just rehaul her skill set to a standard Player Phase kit:
Slaying Edge [Spd]
Reposition
Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
Brazen Atk/Spd
At 1 HP with Life and Death, this gives her consistent performance no matter how you position her. It's performance is not as good as her default kit under ideal circumstances, but it also does not have as much restrictions in terms of positioning and you do not have to worry about refilling her HP as she got Desperation for sustainability.

Gae Bolg — Vanguard [Def] — Slaying Lance [Def]
(Any Assist) — Swap
Bonfire
Steady Stance 4 — Close Def 4 (not out yet) — (Any A that boosts Atk/Def)
Quick Riposte
(Any C)
Atk/Def Bond — Close Def — Steady Stance

Any specific reason for those or is it like a standard tank build?  Just need to know so I can figure out how that'll work out.

3 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Any specific reason for those or is it like a standard tank build?  Just need to know so I can figure out how that'll work out.

Standard tank build. You want to stack his Def as high as possible. Steady Stance and Close Def are particularly noteworthy due to being able to shut down Specials and buffs respectively, vastly increasing his chances of survival.

56 minutes ago, XRay said:

Standard tank build. You want to stack his Def as high as possible. Steady Stance and Close Def are particularly noteworthy due to being able to shut down Specials and buffs respectively, vastly increasing his chances of survival.

Thanks.  I didn't realise Quan had a refine.  I guess I should have checked that!

10 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Thanks.  I didn't realise Quan had a refine.  I guess I should have checked that!

Quan's Gae Bolg does not have Refine. Slaying Lance and Vanguard do have Refines though.

Brave Lyn question again.  I used the golden week banner to get her up to +9. Her current IV is [+atk]. I'd like to have +10 [+atk], but everyone seems to like Firesweep (which I do not have). Mine pretty much always uses a Brave Bow. I did some calculations on that website and Brave Bow seems to do similar to Firesweep. With Null-C Disrupt, Firesweep might not be quite as good any more. (I'm sure it will always be decent considering that Null-C Disrupt is premium.) Also, with +10 res and HP from double Eir, Lyn does do well with counter attacks in AR (even with a Brave Bow) once bolt towers or traps have activated. Firesweep would take that counter attack ability away.

I have two additional copies: [+spd, -hp] and [+spd, -def]. I thought about merging the [+spd] ones, but I really would like a +10 more. (I have a Louise now too.) If I do merge to +10, I'll still have to choose which [+spd] copy to keep separate. The [-hp] one can reach desperation easier while the [-def] copy has more magical bulk.