"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

A Special Fighter build pretty much requires her to run +Spd to get the most out of it, whereas +Atk is superior for Bold Fighter and Vengeful Fighter builds.

Thank you!

Out of curiosity, what build do you use with her? And in what modes?

I've also been thinking about giving DC to my Sharena from OG Hector. I've had him for a long time, but he's unmerged and I don't use him for much content anymore. I think passing it to Sharena for her bonus weeks in Arena or AR might be a good idea.

Either that, or giving DC to my Naga or another one of the Askr trio. I doubt she will see combat though so probably not the best choice. 

Edited by MrSmokestack

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Out of curiosity, what build do you use with her? And in what modes?

For Arena and general use, I run

[+Atk]
Divine Mist
Reposition
Aether
Fierce Breath
Bold Fighter 3
With Everyone!
Quick Riposte 3

For Aether Raids, I switch out Fierce Breath for Svalinn Shield to act as a check for both versions of Micaiah and relatively common Armorsmasher units (Slaying Spear and Slaying Hammer seem to be less common).

Fierce Breath is possibly going to be switched out for Fortress Def/Res 3 at some point for Arena and general use, though it's not a high priority (hence why I haven't done it yet despite having the skill fodder).

24 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I've also been thinking about giving DC to my Sharena from OG Hector. I've had him for a long time, but he's unmerged and I don't use him for much content anymore. I think passing it to Sharena for her bonus weeks in Arena or AR might be a good idea.

@XRay has experience using Sharena in Aether Raids and can probably give some more insight on how well she does.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

i am swimming in Kleins. (i guess that's what happens when the last few banners all i've been doing is shopping in colourless). I had thought life and death but i figure why hurt her res (now). i can do fury and desperation. lol when in doubt, fury. 

thanks Tree. 

Fury is also good for getting her resistance up to reliable ploy levels. Defense Ploy can effectively add a bit more attack. If you plan on fighting many armor units, than Death Blow could potentially be better because attack is probably much more important than speed against most armors.

50 minutes ago, Tree said:

Fury is also good for getting her resistance up to reliable ploy levels. Defense Ploy can effectively add a bit more attack. If you plan on fighting many armor units, than Death Blow could potentially be better because attack is probably much more important than speed against most armors.

she can have both. it's not like i'm swimming in DC fodder anyway lol
so many units. so little hectors/hrids. 

@daisy jane

Congrats on pulling that Caeda! +Spd is definitely workable until you get that +Atk copy. As far as Fury vs Death Blow, it looks like they’re pretty similar, performance-wise (pitting her against the red & green crowd from the ArcticSilverFox simulator’s Hard list), with Death Blow having a slight edge both in and out of Desperation range.

They both look like fine options, though I’d lean towards Death Blow + Atk/Spd 2 seal. Green armors can be annoyingly bulky, and it looks like Fury barely misses a few of them. Ofc, Fury + Ploy(s) is fine too, if you like having that debuff utility.

7 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I think it is a good idea. Sharena works better with Eir in my opinion since Eir can boost Sharena's Res up to a reasonable level, but she can still work with Naga as you can simply boost her Res with Warding Stance Sacred Seal. Eir works really well with super tanks since she got long range healing and she does not have to sacrifice a turn to heal. If you are pairing Sharena with Astra, then I also recommend prioritizing your Healing Tower (O) since Sharena will need that HP refill. I also recommend prioritizing Light Shrine (O) too as it will be very helpful for super tank teams no matter the season.

I got lucky on the fallen heroes banner and pulled 4 corrins ... Now I just can't make up my mind between a speed boon and a attack boon. Feels like speed is most of the time the answer but the atk boon does make her so much more powerful. Any thoughts ?

Anyone know if testing has been done comparing the absolute scoring thresholds of Allegiance Battles to normal Arena/AA scoring? Specifically, in AB, you can sometimes lower your total SP values on a unit while not losing the overall team score. Can it then be presumed that a team's AB score can be used to precisely determine its Arena score, rather than fishing for foes and trying to approximate that value? Bottom line is whether or not I can get away with using positioning Assists over double Rallies without it affecting the matchmaking.

43 minutes ago, Johann said:

Anyone know if testing has been done comparing the absolute scoring thresholds of Allegiance Battles to normal Arena/AA scoring? Specifically, in AB, you can sometimes lower your total SP values on a unit while not losing the overall team score. Can it then be presumed that a team's AB score can be used to precisely determine its Arena score, rather than fishing for foes and trying to approximate that value? Bottom line is whether or not I can get away with using positioning Assists over double Rallies without it affecting the matchmaking.

The base score in Allegiance Battles is calculated exactly like it is in Advanced Arena. In general (for more typical teams), changes you make that result in no score difference in Allegiance battles will also result in no score difference in Arena.

The one caveat is the fact that Arena requires matchmaking and doesn't treat all units exactly equally for matchmaking. There are a few cases where Arena will have a wider than expected scoring range (most common when running with empty slots in your team or if your highest-scoring unit is scores noticeably higher than the average of your remaining 3), but the Allegiance battle score is otherwise accurate.

1 hour ago, virg12 said:

I got lucky on the fallen heroes banner and pulled 4 corrins ... Now I just can't make up my mind between a speed boon and a attack boon. Feels like speed is most of the time the answer but the atk boon does make her so much more powerful. Any thoughts ?

As always, it depends on the mode and enemies. +Atk is better if you are not expecting her to fight fast enemies, while +Spd is better if you frequently see super fast enemies like Karla.

I lean towards +Spd if you use her in Aether Raids and see a lot of high Spd enemies, and +Atk if you use her more in high scoring Arena and Arena Assault.

On 6/6/2019 at 2:29 AM, MrSmokestack said:

Siegbert isn't very unique among Galeforce units. If anything, his high Atk makes Galeforce procs very inconsistent.

Who are his teammates? A Velouria is a huge deal for Galeforce teams by giving him a cooldown reduction.

Another reason to roll the legendary banner in July is to get Alm for scoring in Allegiance Battles. But if I don't need the second Eir I could just keep using orbs on this current Mythic banner to get Naga and L Tiki merges. What do you think?

The support units I currently use in AR are Leanne and Corrin, on separate teams. I want to save feathers to merge up my arena core. I think I will hold on investing into Aversa. For now, at least.

He doesn't have a team yet, I kind of wanted to know if he'd be a good Galeforce user and if he's better with his native weapon vs something that could be refined.

I'm also not sure what the best IVs are for Peri, +Spd or +Atk?  I have a +Def at the moment.

52 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

He doesn't have a team yet, I kind of wanted to know if he'd be a good Galeforce user and if he's better with his native weapon vs something that could be refined.

Cordelia's 35/35 is considered a good offensive stat spread and is kind of used as a baseline to compare other offensive units. Siegbert has 34/35 which is slightly worse than Cordelia, but it should not make too much of a difference. Their primary difference is that Siegbert has more reach but is easily hampered by terrain.

Whether or not you want to switch his Weapon depends on what foes he face and/or how often you need him to activate Galeforce. If you mostly use him against melee foes and you only need him to activate Galeforce once per battle, it is fine to just stick with Dark Greatsword. If you often need him to kill ranged foes and/or you need him to activate Galeforce during every turn, then you will need to use Slaying Edge.

52 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm also not sure what the best IVs are for Peri, +Spd or +Atk?  I have a +Def at the moment.

As always, it depends on the mode and/or the enemies she fights. +Atk is better if you use her against slower enemies while +Spd is better against faster enemies.

I personally lean towards +Spd, but either is fine if you are not sure. You can always change her nature since she is in the 3* and 4* pool.

Edited by XRay

16 minutes ago, Beadger said:

So I just pulled two Pents in a row and I'm not sure which to upgrade. One is +atk -hp, the other is neutral. 

Assuming you actually want to use Pent, +Atk is probably best.

As the only unit other than Ophelia and Lugh with a Rally Up skill though, he’s more valuable as fodder.

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Assuming you actually want to use Pent, +Atk is probably best.

As the only unit other than Ophelia and Lugh with a Rally Up skill though, he’s more valuable as fodder.

Yeah, I'll probably keep the +atk one and fodder the neutral. But is rally up more valuable than pulse smoke?

39 minutes ago, Beadger said:

Yeah, I'll probably keep the +atk one and fodder the neutral. But is rally up more valuable than pulse smoke?

No no no, do NOT use a limited time unit for skill fodder that is normally available in the summoning pool.

In my opinion, it is not worth wasting a limited time unit on a skill that, while yes it is random chance if you'll have the skill or not, you can just get it normally. There are a few exceptions to the rule, but I don't think it's worth it if you do not expect to get anymore of the unit in question. Even if Rally Up Atk+ was more valuable, just wait for Ophelia to pity break you/grace you with her presence.

As for Pulse Smoke, it depends on if you find value in Smoke skills. You could give it to a Dagger unit and grant them powerful debuffing ability, but any unit can run with Pulse Smoke except anyone who is using Halloween Mia's Witchy Umbrella+.

Do also consider the Vessel of Cheer+ you have access to. It is a Swift Sparrow 2 weapon that can be passed on and forged, and there are a good few Blue Mages who could appreciate the additional power/speed. Under most circumstances they'd do just fine with Blarblade+, but then they wouldn't be toting a wine bottle as a weapon.

And lastly, nobody ever said you had to use the extra Pent as SI fodder. You can always merge into your current Pent to more or less eliminate his HP bane and get a little extra Atk in the process. Of course you have to be invested in Pent to go down this route, but if you are invested then why not?

Edited by Xenomata

2 hours ago, Beadger said:

Pulse Smoke is pretty good, but it’s very niche. It’s best use is in AR against IP teams. However Witchy Wand with Dazzling refine can give the same result. As is player-phasing the most threatening enemies with something like Galeforce before they can nuke.

I’ve seen it used with colorless dagger tanks using Smoke Dagger. It’s also nice with other daggers like Goodie boot because you can run Atk Smoke in the Sacred Seal slot.

If you don’t play AR though, Rally Up Atk+ is the better skill to fodder him for. You can’t really count on pulling Ophelia if she isn’t focus. It’s among the highest-scoring Assists in arena. If a unit in your core is missing a Rally Up+ or Dual Rally+ you can use it for that.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 hour ago, SSbardock84 said:

Uh, is this real? I saw the picture of her yesterday and apparently her name is Thor.

Yes, but with 2 R's.

Spoiler

She supposedly appears in the dialogue for Rokkr Sieges.

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

If I'm using a rally trap to circumvent panic, will the rallier still rally the target even though the target will get a negative debuff?

The AI does not factor in Panic when determining Rally target eligibility. So, yes, a foe afflicted by Panic can be targeted for a Rally, as long as they satisfy the usual criteria.

”Test Defenses” is a good way to check small stuff like this.

Edited by LordFrigid

So for OG Lucina which IVs are her most recommended?  On Game Press they say +Atk/-HP but is that really actually her best or does she want another combination.  Keeping in mind I haven't been able to summon her yet and am waiting for her banner.

39 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So for OG Lucina which IVs are her most recommended?  On Game Press they say +Atk/-HP but is that really actually her best or does she want another combination.  Keeping in mind I haven't been able to summon her yet and am waiting for her banner.

As usual, it depends on the foes she face and what you want her to do. +Atk is best for modes with slower enemies while +Spd is better for modes with faster enemies.

+HP is also an option if you use her more often as a support unit as an HP battery, and you can stack double HP+5 so she can more effectively utilize Reciprocal Aid on higher HP allies.

15 minutes ago, XRay said:

As usual, it depends on the foes she face and what you want her to do. +Atk is best for modes with slower enemies while +Spd is better for modes with faster enemies.

+HP is also an option if you use her more often as a support unit as an HP battery, and you can stack double HP+5 so she can more effectively utilize Reciprocal Aid on higher HP allies.

Assuming she's against dragons for the most part then would +Atk cover pretty much any red/green dragons or are there fast ones she'll have to watch out for?