"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Has anyone had their skills disappear on their units? I am like 99% sure my ASS!Takumi had Desperation learned since I often used him to clear things with quad Brave attacks. However, I could not find Desperation on him today so I spent some Feathers on Mae and Skill Inherited her.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been thinking about Cynthia builds. I've got some good fodder to spare her, like Death Blow 4, Sturdy Impact, Brave Lance, and so on (though no Atk/Spd Solo). 

I'm kind of torn on how to build her. Firesweep Lance seems like a good choice but I've got a Tana doing that already. Harmonic Lance, Moonbow, and Sturdy Imapact seem like a good combination. 

28 minutes ago, Thane said:

Been thinking about Cynthia builds. I've got some good fodder to spare her, like Death Blow 4, Sturdy Impact, Brave Lance, and so on (though no Atk/Spd Solo). 

I'm kind of torn on how to build her. Firesweep Lance seems like a good choice but I've got a Tana doing that already. Harmonic Lance, Moonbow, and Sturdy Imapact seem like a good combination. 

Harmonic Lance+DC+Chill Spd is a very good build for fast lance users. I'm planning on building my Cynthia the same way. Maybe you have DC to spare. If not then Hector's banner is coming soon with a higher rate-up.

2 minutes ago, redlight said:

Harmonic Lance+DC+Chill Spd is a very good build for fast lance users. I'm planning on building my Cynthia the same way. Maybe you have DC to spare. If not then Hector's banner is coming soon with a higher rate-up.

That does sound good, but yeah, no DC I'm afraid, and I suspect I might want to pull on the summer banner. So uh, is Sturdy Imapact just not needed on her?

Oh yeah, if anyone's got a suggestion for a fun team for Nah that isn't on a dragon team, I'm willing to listen to suggestions.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Has anyone had their skills disappear on their units? I am like 99% sure my ASS!Takumi had Desperation learned since I often used him to clear things with quad Brave attacks. However, I could not find Desperation on him today so I spent some Feathers on Mae and Skill Inherited her.

What other Brave Bow archers do you have? What other slot B skills does your Takumi have?

Fishie Bow also gives Desperation, but if you used a Brave Bow that wouldn’t mean much.

41 minutes ago, Thane said:

That does sound good, but yeah, no DC I'm afraid, and I suspect I might want to pull on the summer banner. So uh, is Sturdy Imapact just not needed on her?

Sturdy Impact is a waste on Firesweep Lance since enemies cannot counter attack.

If you plan to stick with Firesweep Lance, the best A skill in my opinion is Life and Death.

If you are adamant on giving Cynthia Sturdy Impact, I recommend switching her Weapon to Slaying Lance [Spd] and give her Desperation with Darting Blow or Atk/Spd Sacred Seal.

22 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

What other Brave Bow archers do you have? What other slot B skills does your Takumi have?

Fishie Bow also gives Desperation, but if you used a Brave Bow that wouldn’t mean much.

My only other flying colorless archer is WOF!Hinoka and I rarely use her outside of Arena Assault since ASS!Takumi got higher Atk/Spd and merges. Both got Firesweep-Poison Strike, and ASS!Takumi also got Brave-Desperation. He also got Brash Assault to pair with Fishie Bow, but I rarely use that setup since Brave Bow and Firesweep Bow are just vastly superior options.

I also got BH!Lyn and BB!Cordelia with Brave and Firsweep, and Setsuna and Rebecca with just Brave, and I also got TOD!Jakob and NYOFAI!Fjorm with just Firesweep.

Edited by XRay

50 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you plan to stick with Firesweep Lance, the

Check the previous post:

2 hours ago, Thane said:

Anyways, I'm pretty sure Harmonic Lance + Moonbow has slightly better performance than Slaying Lance + Luna unless you're planning on using a Desperation build and actually being in Desperation range most of the time.

So, now that Kagero's Dart's effects are known, would she prefer +Atk or +Spd? Other than the usual if you're using her in more speed competitive modes and what you want her to do like if you want her to run Desperation or Vantage, +Atk would ensure she meets the attack check more which would also give her a speed boost. At the same time, =Spd Kagero's speed might not be enough, so +Spd would make it easier for her to double, especially after meeting her dagger's attack check, but she needs as much attack as possible to meet the attack check.

Also, I'm guessing Oscar might fair better with +Spd over +Atk since on a cavalry team, it might not be easy for him to position him for Goad Cavalry like it would be with a flier. Goad Cavalry itself is an issue when it's 5* only from a summoned unit, Reinhardt, or from Camus and Finn which I would rather never do for a grail unit. On mixed teams, cavalry and infantry, the buffs or C passive would likely be more varied. Basically, he and anyone could stack speed and attack buffs, but +Spd would be more flexible than +Atk.

10 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Other than the usual if you're using her in more speed competitive modes and what you want her to do like if you want her to run Desperation or Vantage, +Atk would ensure she meets the attack check more which would also give her a speed boost. At the same time, =Spd Kagero's speed might not be enough, so +Spd would make it easier for her to double, especially after meeting her dagger's attack check, but she needs as much attack as possible to meet the attack check.

It is always better to tailor your unit to the enemies they face. Activating her effect does not really matter if she still cannot get enough Spd from it to double someone. At neutral with 32 Spd, assuming she activates her effect, she will have 36 Spd, which is not enough when you compare it to other high Spd offensive units with 35+ base Spd, with the latest ones approaching or going over 40 base Spd.

If you want Kagero to activate her effect as consistently as possible, you can try sacrificing her first round performance and use Desperation-Brash Assault and just Atk stack her. That way, she is not dependent on Spd for doubling and you can completely ignore a stat, although be careful of units running Null Follow-Up though.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Anyways, I'm pretty sure Harmonic Lance + Moonbow has slightly better performance than Slaying Lance + Luna unless you're planning on using a Desperation build and actually being in Desperation range most of the time.

Thanks, bud. I might give it a try. It's just that I don't want a valuable skill like Sturdy Impact to be wasted, but I have saved it for Cynthia so I figured I should show a bit of favoritism. Guess I could wait until the summer banner if nothing else. 

5 hours ago, XRay said:

Strangely enough, just recently I was wanting to equip Desperation on Naesala, and was really surprised when I couldn't find it. I thought for sure I'd given it to him, and also thought I used it with Fury before. Eventually, I just inherited it thinking that I must be crazy. It definitely was odd though. (I never lost any skills with that inheritance bug awhile back.)

17 minutes ago, Tree said:

Strangely enough, just recently I was wanting to equip Desperation on Naesala, and was really surprised when I couldn't find it. I thought for sure I'd given it to him, and also thought I used it with Fury before. Eventually, I just inherited it thinking that I must be crazy. It definitely was odd though. (I never lost any skills with that inheritance bug awhile back.)

Yeah, that is so weird. I never lost anything back then either (or at least I never noticed), but today I noticed Desperation missing from one of my most used units.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Thanks, bud. I might give it a try. It's just that I don't want a valuable skill like Sturdy Impact to be wasted, but I have saved it for Cynthia so I figured I should show a bit of favoritism. Guess I could wait until the summer banner if nothing else. 

You can use Death Blow 3 as a cheaper substitute and see how it goes with the added Atk, then make the decision of if it's worth it to also add in Sturdy Impact's Def and follow-up prevention afterwards.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

It is always better to tailor your unit to the enemies they face. Activating her effect does not really matter if she still cannot get enough Spd from it to double someone. At neutral with 32 Spd, assuming she activates her effect, she will have 36 Spd, which is not enough when you compare it to other high Spd offensive units with 35+ base Spd, with the latest ones approaching or going over 40 base Spd.

If you want Kagero to activate her effect as consistently as possible, you can try sacrificing her first round performance and use Desperation-Brash Assault and just Atk stack her. That way, she is not dependent on Spd for doubling and you can completely ignore a stat, although be careful of units running Null Follow-Up though.

Which is kind of the problem since I don't really know what she should be fighting or who she would be fighting. With Felicia, Jaffar and Saizo, I have a clearer idea of what they're going to do or what I want them to do. Felicia is a resistance tank and anti-mage unit who can charge her special quicker against them, Jaffar wreaks havoc by applying a lot out of combat damage and also can safely tag or take out mages with Deathly Dagger's unique refinement preventing mages from countering, and Saizo debuffs well and can be a tank. Also, on the bow side, there's Jeorge who's an anti-range unit who can easily stack attack against them.

Kagero's attack is high, but I'm not sure it's high enough to one-shot people unless they're really squishy which in that case, she'd to be able to double them. There's also the issue of other units having higher attack than her making not be able to meet her dagger's effect. With the unique refinement keeping reducing the first hit of damage she receives by 50% when she initiates and keeping her alive in general against counterattacks, I figure I'd want to run L&D or Fury on her and as a way to set up Desperation or Vantage.

For neutral attack and speed, she'd have 49 attack and 32 speed with a possible 53 attack and 36 speed if her attack is higher than her opponent's. Not great, but not bad and it's her base stats. With +Atk, she'd have 52/32 and a possible 56/36 where in this case, it'd be easier to activate the effect, but as you noted, 36 speed or 32 speed when the attack check fails isn't really going to get her anywhere. With L&D3, she'd have 57/37 and a possible 61/41. Fury 3 would be 55/35 and a possible 59/39. Those are better, but speed looks a bit shaky. That said, at that speed, she could encounter units with low defense or not.

With +Spd, she'd have 49/35 with a possible 53/39. With L&D3, she'd have 54/40 and a possible 58/44 and with Fury 3, 52/38 and a possible 56/42. To summarize, she'd pass less attack checks, but be able to naturally double more.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Yeah, that is so weird. I never lost anything back then either (or at least I never noticed), but today I noticed Desperation missing from one of my most used units.

I probably would have noticed a missing skill back then since I did actually look though my units to make sure nothing of note was missing (like Desperation, etc.) I have many more units (with more skills) than I did back then, so it's much more likely for me to overlook something now. However, I wouldn't have thought I'd forget about an important skill such as Desperation on one of my top units like Naesala. I even had to spend 2,000 feathers to get a copy this time since I only had spare 3* versions.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

@Kaden Stacking Atk is always better.

Kagero’s Dart gives a bonus to both Atk and Spd. On AR offense I’d go so far as using an Atk-refined Dart so you can get the bonus effect off more often. On defense her Special refine with Sturdy Impact + Null Follow Up is actual cancer.

Stacking Spd is less reliable than stacking Atk because there are numerous ways to deny follow-ups. It’s far more likely a double will fail because of a skill than from your unit not being fast enough.

Kagero and Sothe have the highest Atk bases for dagger units in the game, making them ideal for a Vantage set. In those sets you always want +Atk to ensure you oneshot. Dagger units have it even easier with this set because they get a free AOE -7 Defense...and they don’t even need to initiate to proc it.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Stacking Spd is less reliable than stacking Atk because there are numerous ways to deny follow-ups. It’s far more likely a double will fail because of a skill than from your unit not being fast enough.

I do not think there are a lot of ways of denying Player Phase follow-up attacks though. The only common skills I see that deny Player Phase follow-ups are Wary Fighter and exclusive Weapons on Hríd and Duma. Wary Fighter stall teams are a complete joke once the player has a competent Player Phase team and it is not really a viable defense option in higher tiers in my opinion due to the vast amount of experience players at that level has against stall teams. Despite Hríd's bulk, he is still vulnerable to Counter-Vantage nukes and you can simply bypass follow-up denial by using a second Dancer/Singer to shake off debuffs. Duma's bulk and stalling is better, but like stall teams mentioned previously, he cannot really pose a serious threat due to his low movement.

Kagero and Sothe have the highest Atk bases for dagger units in the game, making them ideal for a Vantage set. In those sets you always want +Atk to ensure you oneshot. Dagger units have it even easier with this set because they get a free AOE -7 Defense...and they don’t even need to initiate to proc it.

While they have high Atk for dagger units, their Atk is not stupid high in my opinion where it is reliable enough for Counter-Vantage. Blade mages can often reach 85+ Atk at just merge+0  while Laevatein and Ares can reach 90+ Atk. For comparison, Hríd got 87/77 physical/magical bulk at neutral +10.

So I thought I might switch things up with my boy Robin.  So will his skills suit him for more difficult PvE content and make him a viable PvE unit?

Robin is in the spoiler to help save room.

Spoiler

feh_robin__7_by_thesilentchloey_dd9d8q0-

I'm hoping he gets Ignus off at least once or twice as his source of damage output...

Edited by TheSilentChloey
Realised it was missing the ? mark

3 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So I thought I might switch things up with my boy Robin.  So will his skills suit him for more difficult PvE content and make him a viable PvE unit?

Reveal hidden contents

I'm hoping he gets Ignus off at least once or twice as his source of damage output...

Getting Specials to trigger once or twice per map is not good enough if the unit does a lot of combat. You want to time your Specials to go off during EVERY round of combat, so you want to use Moonbow or Bonfire. I am leaning towards Moonbow since PVE enemies are pretty slow, but on Abyssal you can probably get away with running Bonfire if you take off Atk/Spd. The only reason you want to use a higher cool down Special is if it is crucial to your strategy to not kill a specific enemy. Generally, it is best to kill foes in one round of combat and not drag things out.

I would run Quick Riposte over Wings of Mercy. Wings of Mercy does not do anything if you do not need to teleport; Wings of Mercy is useful, but it should not be his main B skill. Quick Riposte is always useful due to combat, so you generally do not want to switch it out unless you absolutely need to.

There is no reason to run Atk/Spd Sacred Seal on an Enemy Phase unit if it does not improve it enough to avoid doubles reliably. The Spd increase messes with his Special timing (too much Spd makes Bonfire unviable since he can no longer rely on enemies to double him for Special charges). If you want him to prevent doubles, then you need to Spd stack him with +Spd, Darting Stance Sacred Seal, and maybe Spd Refinement too to get his Spd close to 40 or ideally over 40. Generally speaking, you want to avoid having Spd between 30 and 40 as that Spd level is not fast enough to reliably prevent doubles and it is not slow enough to reliably activate stronger Specials, so those points in Spd could be better allocated to HP/Atk/Def/Res; if your unit is already naturally in the 30-40 Spd range, the unit is better off running something else like Atk/Def instead of Atk/Spd. Unless you really need to miss a kill on a specific enemy or you need to prevent M!Robin from being doubled by a specific enemy, I would not run Atk/Spd.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not think there are a lot of ways of denying Player Phase follow-up attacks though. The only common skills I see that deny Player Phase follow-ups are Wary Fighter and exclusive Weapons on Hríd and Duma. Wary Fighter stall teams are a complete joke once the player has a competent Player Phase team and it is not really a viable defense option in higher tiers in my opinion due to the vast amount of experience players at that level has against stall teams. Despite Hríd's bulk, he is still vulnerable to Counter-Vantage nukes and you can simply bypass follow-up denial by using a second Dancer/Singer to shake off debuffs. Duma's bulk and stalling is better, but like stall teams mentioned previously, he cannot really pose a serious threat due to his low movement.

You still need to stack Atk with Kagero in order to get Spd from her weapon. Winning the Atk check gets you more 1 more Spd than you would from a Spd boon. If you consistently lose the Atk check then you should consider options other than Kagero.

Having 5 more Spd than an enemy is generally more difficult to achieve than having one more point of Atk.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

While they have high Atk for dagger units, their Atk is not stupid high in my opinion where it is reliable enough for Counter-Vantage. Blade mages can often reach 85+ Atk at just merge+0  while Laevatein and Ares can reach 90+ Atk. For comparison, Hríd got 87/77 physical/magical bulk at neutral +10.

Fortunately for those two, Kagero and Sothe are mergeable. Ideally when using them they will be merged up, flowered, and given Summoner support. Kagero is also a launch unit, so getting copies of her isn’t exactly difficult. I can’t say the same for Laevatein or even Ares, despite his recent demotion.

In addition, Kagero is a colorless infantry. This means her matchups are consistent. Ares and  blade nukes on the other hand, have a color which hurts their damage in situations where it counts most. Ares can also be impeded by terrain and has a cavalry-slaying weakness.

That’s not to say Kagero is better than Ares straight up, but she has numerous advantages that make her a more desirable investment especially for budget scenarios. For Light season specifically, her Res stat is pretty good and thus benefits more from having Eir on the team.

Fortunately for those two, Kagero and Sothe are mergeable. Ideally when using them they will be merged up, flowered, and given Summoner support. Kagero is also a launch unit, so getting copies of her isn’t exactly difficult. I can’t say the same for Laevatein or even Ares, despite his recent demotion.

In addition, Kagero is a colorless infantry. This means her matchups are consistent. Ares and  blade nukes on the other hand, have a color which hurts their damage in situations where it counts most.

My main concern is that Kagero and Sothe cannot achieve the level of Atk necessary to consistently knock out bulky units. Kagero's and Sothe's only advantage over Laevatein is in merges but I do not think that 4 Atk is enough to compensate for the Atk difference. If 4 Atk is not enough to compensate, then Flowers and Summoner Support would be better spent on Laevatein, Ares, and Blade mages even if they are more difficult to merge. If the average bulky unit has 85 bulk, having 80 colorless Atk is not enough to consistently knock out bulky units of any color, whereas having 85 colored Atk will consistently knock out about 75% of bulky units.

If Kagero and Sothe cannot even meet the Atk threshold to consistently knock out units in one hit, then it does not matter if they are colorless.

Ares can also be impeded by terrain and has a cavalry-slaying weakness.

Since players cannot move Trenches and Trenches are far less prominent than in Arena and Arena Assault, terrain is not as big of an issue in my opinion.

Cavalry weakness is not a huge deal since Counter-Vantage units are not meant to be hit at all once in Vantage range, as literally any Weapon would be as deadly as anti-cavalry Weapons at that point.

That’s not to say Kagero is better than Ares straight up, but she has numerous advantages that make her a more desirable investment especially for budget scenarios. For Light season specifically, her Res stat is pretty good and thus benefits more from having Eir on the team.

As a Counter-Vantage unit, it is best to keep non-Atk stats middle to low to avoid Chills and Shrines (D), especially HP since you want it to be easy to get into Vantage range.

9 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Hide contents

In addition to what was said before, if he’s meant to be an enemy phase tank, Hone Spd isn’t doing much for him. He may rather Atk Smoke so he can more effectively sit and tank a bunch of units and not have to worry about damage being done to him 

5 hours ago, XRay said:

My main concern is that Kagero and Sothe cannot achieve the level of Atk necessary to consistently knock out bulky units. Kagero's and Sothe's only advantage over Laevatein is in merges but I do not think that 4 Atk is enough to compensate for the Atk difference. If 4 Atk is not enough to compensate, then Flowers and Summoner Support would be better spent on Laevatein, Ares, and Blade mages even if they are more difficult to merge. If the average bulky unit has 85 bulk, having 80 colorless Atk is not enough to consistently knock out bulky units of any color, whereas having 85 colored Atk will consistently knock out about 75% of bulky units.

If Kagero and Sothe cannot even meet the Atk threshold to consistently knock out units in one hit, then it does not matter if they are colorless.

Kagero has 35 base Atk. Assuming both Kagero and Ares are +Atk that comes to 38 vs 39 Atk respectively. Atk refined Kagero's Dart has 15 Mt vs Dark Mystletainn's 16. Now it's 53 vs 55 Atk. When Kagero wins the Atk check she has 57 to his 55. Dagger 7 gives her 64 Atk. Merges and Summoner Support S is 70 Atk. With a Brazen or Savage Blow that's 77 Atk. Ares with the same treatment can get up to 68 Atk. 

Ares can get an additional 16 damage or more from Bonfire to make the gap smaller, but he also needs to activate his weapon's condition first. Without Velouria his first combat is more comparable to Kagero and becomes better when Special Spiral procs. Unlike Kagero however he needs to jump through two hoops: 1) getting his condition off safely and 2) getting into Vantage safely. Many of AR's threats are both magical and blue. Right off the bat he does 20% less damage and takes 20% more damage.

Again, in their ideal scenarios Ares can outperform Kagero because of how good DC / SS / Vantage in one kit is. However Kagero is a more consistent option and has more of a stat that is in high demand in AR.

Finally, Ares only recently got a demotion. Having 11 or more copies of Kagero is far more likely because she's a launch unit and her fodder is not desirable.

Having Ares myself he's definitely monstrous when allowed to set up, but it's just as easy to keep him from playing the game depending on the opponent's defense.

Since players cannot move Trenches and Trenches are far less prominent than in Arena and Arena Assault, terrain is not as big of an issue in my opinion.

Cavalry weakness is not a huge deal since Counter-Vantage units are not meant to be hit at all once in Vantage range, as literally any Weapon would be as deadly as anti-cavalry Weapons at that point.

It's true that effective weapons shouldn't be an issue if you're in Vantage range, but they do make setting up Vantage more difficult. Depending on the map it's sometimes not possible to set up Vantage by stepping on a lightning trap.

Edited by MrSmokestack

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Kagero has 35 base Atk. Assuming both Kagero and Ares are +Atk that comes to 38 vs 39 Atk respectively. Atk refined Kagero's Dart has 15 Mt vs Dark Mystletainn's 16. Now it's 53 vs 54 Atk. When Kagero wins the Atk check she has 57 to his 54. Dagger 7 gives her 64 Atk. Merges and Summoner Support S is 70 Atk. With a Brazen or Savage Blow that's 77 Atk. Ares with the same treatment can get up to 67 Atk. 

Ares can get an additional 16 damage or more from Bonfire to make the gap smaller, but he also needs to activate his weapon's condition first. Without Velouria his first combat is more comparable to Kagero and becomes better when Special Spiral procs. Unlike Kagero however he needs to jump through two hoops: 1) getting his condition off safely and 2) getting into Vantage safely. Many of AR's threats are both magical and blue. Right off the bat he does 20% less damage and takes 20% more damage.

While Ares does need Velouria to work, Ares with proper support has a far higher Atk ceiling than Kagero due to Bonfire spam.

Ares can reach over 90 Atk whereas Kagero struggles to reach that high. Ares may struggle to deal damage against blue units, but Kagero struggles to deal enough damage to a lot of units regardless of color. And due to how Ares utilize his stats, he puts out 1.5 times more Atk per pound of resource you feed him compared to other Counter-Vantage units. Merge +10 not only provides a straight up Atk+4, it also gives another Atk+2 in the form of Bonfire damage. Summoner Support works the same way where it provides him with Atk +2 and another Atk+1 in the form of Bonfire damage. Ares can only be Flowered to +5 compared to Kagero's +10, but his more efficient use of resources in merges and Flowers more than makes up for that.

Ares +Atk got 39 Atk and 33 Def, 16 Mt Dark Mystletainn, 7 Atk/Def from Brazen Atk/Def, and 6 Atk/Def from VS!Azura for a total of 68 Atk and 46 Def. Bonfire does 23 Damage for a total of 91 Atk. Def Smoke/Savage Blow adds another 7 Atk for a total of 98 Atk, but it is not always reliable depending on how enemies spread out their team.

Ares +Atk ~ 39 Atk, 33 Def
Dark Mystletainn ~ 16 Mt
(Any Assist)
Bonfire ~ 23 Damage
Distant Counter
Vantage
Def Smoke — Savage Blow ~ 7 "Atk"
Brazen Atk/Def ~ 7 Atk, 7 Def
Bonus Buffs ~ 6 Atk, 6 Def

Kagero +Atk got 38 Atk, 15 Mt Kagero's Dart, 7 Atk from Brazen, and 6 Atk from VS!Azura for a total of 66 Atk. Even if we assume dagger effect (7 Atk), Kagero's Dart Effect (4 Atk), and Savage Blow (7 Atk) being completely reliable, that only takes the damage ceiling to 84 Atk. 84 Atk is pretty decent, but my issue with it is that it is very inconsistent since Healing Towers, Restore, or a unit with high visible Atk can easily chip that from 84 Atk down to 80 Atk or lower.

Kagero +Atk ~ 38 Atk
Kagero's Dart [Atk] ~ 15 Mt + 7 "Atk" + 4 Atk
(Any Assist)
(Any Special)
Close Counter
Vantage
Savage Blow ~ 7 "Atk"
Brazen Atk/Res ~ 7 Atk
Bonus Buffs ~ 6 Atk

With that level of investment into Kagero, you might as well put that into a Blade mage who can reach 85+ Atk easily and reliably. Blade tomes got 13 Mt, Brazens got 7 Atk, and VS!Azura buffs with Blade effect can give 30 Atk which totals 50 Atk. A mage with +Atk can easily have 35+ base Atk to the total Atk up to 85+ Atk. If you factor in Res Smoke or Savage Blow, then Blade mages can reach 92+ Atk.

Reinhardt +Atk ~ 35 Atk
Blárblade ~ 13 Mt + 24 Atk
(Any Assist)
(Any Special)
Close Counter
Vantage
Res Smoke — Savage Blow ~ 7 "Atk"
Brazen Atk/Res ~ 7 Atk
Bonus Buffs ~ 6 Atk, 6 Spd, 6 Def, 6 Res

3 hours ago, Landmaster said:

In addition to what was said before, if he’s meant to be an enemy phase tank, Hone Spd isn’t doing much for him. He may rather Atk Smoke so he can more effectively sit and tank a bunch of units and not have to worry about damage being done to him 

I was actually planning to have him use drive speed 2 actually.  I have a feeling he'll be teamed up with Lucina (when I get the regular version).  He's currently S-Supported with Brave Lucina and I haven't been able to see if his skills will help him on PvE content yet.  Though I might have to go a bit more premium for him like I did Grima.