"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

So, since I got Summer Laevatin and got a few orbs left, I decided to go for a Summer Robin (I missed her year 1 and year 2 I wanted Tana and Cordelia so I couldn't pull for her) and got a +HP/-Res copy. I don't know how to build her, any idea? I don't have many premium fodder so I have been thinking about maybe a stance, guard/renewall (she seems speedy, so no QR, although maybe she isn't fast enough idk) and maybe an smoke, but I'd like to see your opinions (also, I'd like to know which lance give to her)

Too bad she is -RES, you could have made her a mixed tank. My first ideas to have fun with her in modes like TTs:

First I thought you could go SPD-Refine, Fury and Brazen ATK/SPD seal (alternatively Brazen ATK/DEF), but thanks to the HP boon and the HP bonus on a refined weapon, she won't be able to get into brazen range only by the 8 damage from her lance and Fury. Still a nice build. 

The other option would be to go double Brazen ATK/DEF(or SPD), since she needs to take damage anyway to get into range. 

Her DEF is good and she'll loose HP from her weapon (and Fury), perhaps Escape Route might be a valid option for the B-slot? ATK-smoke would help her her to survive longer. 

Bonfire seems to be a good special for her. 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Too bad she is -RES, you could have made her a mixed tank. My first ideas to have fun with her in modes like TTs:

First I thought you could go SPD-Refine, Fury and Brazen ATK/SPD seal (alternatively Brazen ATK/DEF), but thanks to the HP boon and the HP bonus on a refined weapon, she won't be able to get into brazen range only by the 8 damage from her lance and Fury. Still a nice build. 

The other option would be to go double Brazen ATK/DEF(or SPD), since she needs to take damage anyway to get into range. 

Her DEF is good and she'll loose HP from her weapon (and Fury), perhaps Escape Route might be a valid option for the B-slot? ATK-smoke would help her her to survive longer. 

Bonfire seems to be a good special for her. 

And what about something like this?

Slaying Lance/Slaying Spear (not sure about her default weapon)

Reposition

Ignis/Bonfire

Steady Stance/Sturdy Stance

Renewall

Atk Smoke

Renwall SS

1 minute ago, Javi Blizz said:

And what about something like this?

Slaying Lance/Slaying Spear (not sure about her default weapon)

Reposition

Ignis/Bonfire

Steady Stance/Sturdy Stance

Renewall

Atk Smoke

Renwall SS

Ok, I thought you wanted to go all budget. Slaying lance (DEF or SPD refine) is really a good weapon for offense and defense. 

Steady/Sturdy Stance are good, but also Steady Posture 2 (from 4* Reyson) could work well. If you want to sacrifice a 5* Ethlyn, SPD/DEF Bond would be even better. 

Bonfire/Ignis are good for damage. Since you are trying to make her hard to kill, you could give her Noontime/Sol instead. 

Instead of Renewal SS (which is good) you could try Bond ATK/DEF (or ATK/SPD) which is working well for EP units. 

Sorry this is more a mixture of ideas, less of a complete skill-set. 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ok, I thought you wanted to go all budget. Slaying lance (DEF or SPD refine) is really a good weapon for offense and defense. 

Steady/Sturdy Stance are good, but also Steady Posture 2 (from 4* Reyson) could work well. If you want to sacrifice a 5* Ethlyn, SPD/DEF Bond would be even better. 

Bonfire/Ignis are good for damage. Since you are trying to make her hard to kill, you could give her Noontime/Sol instead. 

Instead of Renewal SS (which is good) you could try Bond ATK/DEF (or ATK/SPD) which is working well for EP units. 

Sorry this is more a mixture of ideas, less of a complete skill-set. 

Don't worry, brainstorming is always necessary before starting a project.

Maybe I could invest a few more feathers and give her Slaying + Aether.

For A/S skills, maybe I could work with Sturdy Stance + Darting Stance (or Steady Posture + Fierce Stance, but this seal seems to be glued to WOT!Rein, and I'm not going to merge H!Dorcas, tbh). Or even Steady Posture + Darting Stance. 

Bonds are a great idea too, but I have some of them glued to Sharena and Minizura for their sets (I try to build as few units as I can repeating seals)

7 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

So, since I got Summer Laevatin and got a few orbs left, I decided to go for a Summer Robin (I missed her year 1 and year 2 I wanted Tana and Cordelia so I couldn't pull for her) and got a +HP/-Res copy. I don't know how to build her, any idea? I don't have many premium fodder so I have been thinking about maybe a stance, guard/renewall (she seems speedy, so no QR, although maybe she isn't fast enough idk) and maybe an smoke, but I'd like to see your opinions (also, I'd like to know which lance give to her)

Quick Riposte is mandatory for the vast majority of Enemy Phase builds. Without it, they simply cannot deal enough damage in my opinion. Even Spd tanks should run it if you have them constantly engage with fast enemies, or else you run the risk of fast enemies surviving and being Danced/Sung to. Spd tanks can skip Quick Riposte if you do not use them against fast enemies, and you can just run Null Follow-Up to enforce the basica Spd check against slower enemies, Dull Close to reduce damage, or Guard to prevent Brave units from triggering Moonbow on her. I would also get rid of sustainability skills like Renewal and just run a healer instead.

Spd Tank
Slaying Lance [Spd]
Swap
Bonfire
(Any A that boosts Spd/Def)
Quick Riposte — Null Follow-Up — Dull Close — Guard
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Spd, Def, or Spd/Def)

Def Tank
Vanguard [Def]
Swap
Moonbow — Bonfire
(Any A that boosts Atk/Def)
Quick Riposte — Guard — Dull Close
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Def or Atk/Def) — Quick Riposte
Res tanks and mixed Def/Res tanks are basically build the same way, but with Res stacking or balanced Def/Res stacking.

Personally, I would just run her as a Player Phase unit since it is cheaper and easier to build and you can also skip the Sacred Seal if you are not using her in competitive modes and can give her constant buffs. Fury-Desperation is pretty affordable and easy to use.

Slaying Lance [Spd]
Moonbow
Reposition
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Spd, or Atk/Spd)

Alternatively, with her HP Asset, you can use her as a support unit to Panic things or heal her allies as an HP battery.

Edited by XRay

I had several blessings pile up for some months and now I'd like to confer them to some heroes but I'm not sure with which criteria... Should I give my heroes the same blessing as the one of a legendary hero they synergize well with? And should I try to give similar units different blessings? For example, if I have Mia, Karla, Ayra and Mareeta, should I give them different blessings so that I can use a fast sword infantry unit for every season in Arena Assault?

56 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

I had several blessings pile up for some months and now I'd like to confer them to some heroes but I'm not sure with which criteria... Should I give my heroes the same blessing as the one of a legendary hero they synergize well with? And should I try to give similar units different blessings? For example, if I have Mia, Karla, Ayra and Mareeta, should I give them different blessings so that I can use a fast sword infantry unit for every season in Arena Assault?

Have you taken notes if they're missing doubles against certain enemies (might be that it's just 5 star locked heroes that will start to lose relevancy at some point) and if so is a blessing enough to close the ga?  Speed available blessings if it's just an issue with doubling. Attack related if they're doing fine, but need to pack more of a bunch.

Edited by redlight

1 hour ago, Yukiko said:

Should I give my heroes the same blessing as the one of a legendary hero they synergize well with? And should I try to give similar units different blessings? For example, if I have Mia, Karla, Ayra and Mareeta, should I give them different blessings so that I can use a fast sword infantry unit for every season in Arena Assault?

For Arena Assault teams, I recommend duplicating your Arena, Aether Raids, or whatever team you feel most comfortable using. Using your preferred play style will be less stressful and you are more likely to win.

I have a preference for Player Phase teams, and all of my Legendary Blessing groups have at least 2 Firesweep archers, 4 Dancers/Singers, and at least half a dozen nukes each.

I would not base your Blessing Conferrings on synergy with Legendary Heroes unless you actually use those Legendary Heroes. For example, the only Conferring I based on synergy is HATF!Catria with Wind Blessing so she pairs well with Gunnthrá.

1 hour ago, Nimrod said:

Does anyone know the current  threshold for rank 5k in TT? I am currently ranked 9353 and don't know wether I should push for more or just keep this.

I was at rank 4,900 something with 105,000 something points this morning.

25 minutes ago, XRay said:

I was at rank 4,900 something with 105,000 something points this morning.

Thanks - guess I will try rank -1k next time then, too much effort for this evening, I am at 83k with 8300 something atm, in the morning I will probably have to do a couple of runs. Didn't do too many runs because I was in the beginner phase and devastating legendary banner summons might have caused me to reroll, fortunately that wasn't the case,  sort of ,well gunnthra +5,lol

18 hours ago, redlight said:

Have you taken notes if they're missing doubles against certain enemies (might be that it's just 5 star locked heroes that will start to lose relevancy at some point) and if so is a blessing enough to close the ga?  Speed available blessings if it's just an issue with doubling. Attack related if they're doing fine, but need to pack more of a bunch.

18 hours ago, XRay said:

For Arena Assault teams, I recommend duplicating your Arena, Aether Raids, or whatever team you feel most comfortable using. Using your preferred play style will be less stressful and you are more likely to win.

I have a preference for Player Phase teams, and all of my Legendary Blessing groups have at least 2 Firesweep archers, 4 Dancers/Singers, and at least half a dozen nukes each.

I would not base your Blessing Conferrings on synergy with Legendary Heroes unless you actually use those Legendary Heroes. For example, the only Conferring I based on synergy is HATF!Catria with Wind Blessing so she pairs well with Gunnthrá.

Thanks for the answers! I did confer some blessings based on synergy to some heroes I always use with the legendary ones... But they're a minority, so I was unsure about what to do with the others... But this helped me to decide!

So with Laevatein what IVs are best?  I have a +Atk one and to be honest I'm not really that interested in building her up more than the absolute minimum.  So what budget build will make her at least usuable in PvE content?

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So with Laevatein what IVs are best?  I have a +Atk one and to be honest I'm not really that interested in building her up more than the absolute minimum.  So what budget build will make her at least usuable in PvE content?

Counter-Vantage is her best set, and she is honestly the only sword user who can do it well. WOT!Reinhardt is lacking in raw Atk numbers, so while he has high mobility and his Meisterschwert is really nice for Counter-Vantage, he operates far below Laevatein in terms of combat performance. Laevatein's closest competitor is Keaton, who does it slightly better than her and he is immune to Sacae's Blessing. However, Counter-Vantage is primarily for PvP content and it is NOT suitable for Abyssal (and probably not Infernal either) PvE content since the AI's bulk is too high. If you need a Desperation nuke, I would not bother with Laevatein and I would just use a high Spd sword unit such as Hana, Ogma, Soleil, etc.
+Atk
Laevatein
Swap — Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Distant Counter — (Any Brazen that boosts Atk)
Vantage
Savage Blow
Def Smoke — Savage Blow — (Any C)
(Any Brazen that boosts Atk)
If you cannot afford Distant Counter, Brazen Atk/Def is the cheapest A slot option, but just make sure she stays out of range of ranged units.

You can use her as a regular Desperation nuke, but she is a bit slow, and as previously mentioned above, others can do it better than her with their better Spd.
+Atk/Spd
Laevatein
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Spd or Atk/Spd) — Heavy Blade — Flashing Blade

You can also try Desperation-Brash Assault to guarantee doubles, but I rather just use a regular Desperation nuke at that point since they can double automatically without setup. Laevatein does come with Fury to make setting it up easier, but it still takes time.
+Atk
Laevatein
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Fury — (Any A that boosts Atk)
Desperation
(Any C)
Brash Assault

Edited by XRay

3 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

+Atk is generally her best, though +Spd is also good for specific builds.

For a budget build, I'd suggest running

[+Atk]
Laevatein
Reposition
Glimmer / Moonbow
Death Blow 3
Vantage 3 / Quick Riposte 3 / Quick Riposte 2 / Atk/Def Link 3
[whatever]
Fierce Stance 3 / [whatever]

More expensive builds would run Distant Counter or Death Blow 4 and potentially Wrath or Special Spiral, though Vantage is still a standard option with Distant Counter.

In case you were curious, the +Spd build is

[+Spd]
Laevatein
Reposition
Glimmer / Moonbow
Swift Sparrow 3 / Bonus Doubler 3 / Darting Blow 4 / Fury 4 / Life and Death 3 / Swift Sparrow 2 / Fury 3
Desperation 3
[whatever]
Darting Blow 3

I got a New Year Hríd right before the Legendary banner ended, and he was +Atk -Spd, which seems really good. I've heard he has a good niche as a flying red tank as well, so I was thinking I would build him (unless there is something that absolutely wants Geishun or Hone Atk 4?). What would be a good build for him that plays to his strenghts? Is Geishun worth keeping, or would he need a different weapon?

1 hour ago, BoaFerox said:

I got a New Year Hríd right before the Legendary banner ended, and he was +Atk -Spd, which seems really good. I've heard he has a good niche as a flying red tank as well, so I was thinking I would build him (unless there is something that absolutely wants Geishun or Hone Atk 4?). What would be a good build for him that plays to his strenghts? Is Geishun worth keeping, or would he need a different weapon?

Geishun is almost never an optimal weapon (the exception is if your teammates rely on debuffs), but it does what it does well and is generally worth keeping unless you really want to mix-max hard.

His builds will look like this (pretty standard slow Quick Riposte build):

[+Atk / +Def / +Res]
Geishun+ [Def / Res] / Wo Dao+ [Def / Res] / Slaying Edge+ [Def / Res]
Reposition
Ignis / Bonfire / Aether
Distant Counter / Sturdy Stance 4 / Atk/Def Bond 3 / Atk/Res Bond 3 / Close Def 3 / Fortress Def/Res 3
Quick Riposte 3 / Guard 3 / Dull Close 3 / Chill * 3 / Sabotage * 3
[whatever] / Hone Fliers / Fortify Fliers / Goad Fliers / Ward Fliers / Hone Atk 4
Close Def 3 / Quick Riposte 3 / Atk/Def Bond 3 / Atk/Res Bond 3 / Fierce Stance 3 / etc.

Obviously, Quick Riposte 3 should be in exactly one of the two possible slots. Aether is really only viable with Slaying Edge. Sabotage only if you're stacking Res.

You can also potentially run the Brash Assault + Desperation template build for player phase.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, BoaFerox said:

I also recommend Safeguard or Barrier Blade over Geishun if you want consistent bulk against all enemies. Geishun is essentially Def/Res +7 but it is only against one enemy, while Safeguard and Barrier Blade are Def+7 and Res+7 respectively against all enemies.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

I also recommend Safeguard or Barrier Blade over Geishun if you want consistent bulk against all enemies. Geishun is essentially Def/Res +7 but it is only against one enemy, while Safeguard and Barrier Blade are Def+7 and Res+7 respectively against all enemies.

I think you're selling Geishun a bit short. It's not Def/Res +7 against one enemy, it's Def/Res +7 for your entire team against one enemy.

@BoaFerox

Edited by Ice Dragon

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think you're selling Geishun a bit short. It's not Def/Res +7 against one enemy, it's Def/Res +7 for your entire team against one enemy.

I guess that is true, but Def/Res +7 for your entire team is not as meaningful if the rest of the team are not geared for Enemy Phase combat.

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

I guess that is true, but Def/Res +7 for your entire team is not as meaningful if the rest of the team are not geared for Enemy Phase combat.

Taking less counterattack damage is still valuable for many player-phase units, especially since units these days can often get 70+ Atk without much effort.

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Taking less counterattack damage is still valuable for many player-phase units, especially since units these days can often get 70+ Atk without much effort.

I guess it depends on the mode. I do not see much value in Geishun for Aether Raids unless the team revolves around debuffs or relies mostly on Enemy Phase units. Getting into Desperation range, or even Wings of Mercy range, is like super easy with how exposed and levelled most Bolt Traps are.

@Ice Dragon @XRay I see, thanks to the both of you! Seems Hríd's skillset is really good out of the box, I think I'll stick with Geishun for a while and give him Slaying Sword if he needs it one day. I gave him Bonfire and Reposition and defense refined Geishun, seems to be working pretty well!

Safeguard was mentioned, and I do actually have an extra Lene, but since Safeguard is a rare resource I would prefer to use it on something I can invest in merges for more easily. Is there anyone in particular that wants this sword, who also is more available than Hríd?