"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, BoaFerox said:

Safeguard was mentioned, and I do actually have an extra Lene, but since Safeguard is a rare resource I would prefer to use it on something I can invest in merges for more easily. Is there anyone in particular that wants this sword, who also is more available than Hríd?

Anyone with high defence can use the sword well, like Seth or Draug.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking of building a second flier team with WoF!Hinoka, Cherche, SA!Tana, and Hinoka.

I don't have regular Hinoka but I plan on pulling for her when she's a focus unit on one of the weekly banners. While the team is color balanced, is it actually decent? I know flier teams tend to be play aggressively but sometimes you just need to take a hit and the only unit on the team that can do that semi-reliably once per map is Hinoka due to her average speed and bulk. The two ranged units can take a hit if need be but that wouldn't be my first go to. I'd like some critique on their builds.

WoF!Hinoka [+Atk/-Def]

Warrior Princess/Reposition/Luna

Atk/Spd Bond*/Flier Formation*/Flier Guidance

*She has Fury and I'm thinking of giving her Desperation since she doesn't have the bulk to eat counterattacks. Replace Flier Guidance for Goad Fliers, or no?

Cherche + 5 [+Atk/-Res]

Cherche's Axe/Reposition/Luna

Death Blow/Draw Back/Savage Blow*

*Waiting to pull more Palla's for Goad Fliers

SA!Tana +1 [+Atk/-Def]

Fruit of Idunn**/Reposition/Moonbow

Atk/Spd Push*/Renewal*/Goad Fliers

**I might give her Raudblade+ down the road

*She also has Fury and Desperation but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to run that set since it conflicts with her weapon but WoF!Hinoka's Flier Guidance and Hinoka's PRF already provide good mobility, is it overkill with her PRF?

Haven't pulled her but here's what I'm thinking of giving Hinoka

Hinoka's Spear/Reposition/Luna

Fury*/Desperation/Hone Fliers

Might give her Life and Death as an alternative as well.

2 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Thinking of building a second flier team with WoF!Hinoka, Cherche, SA!Tana, and Hinoka.

I don't have regular Hinoka but I plan on pulling for her when she's a focus unit on one of the weekly banners. While the team is color balanced, is it actually decent? I know flier teams tend to be play aggressively but sometimes you just need to take a hit and the only unit on the team that can do that semi-reliably once per map is Hinoka due to her average speed and bulk. The two ranged units can take a hit if need be but that wouldn't be my first go to. I'd like some critique on their builds.

I recommend switching out either Cherche or Hinoka for a flying Dancer/Singer, and, ideally, the Dancer/Singer should have Hone Fliers. Dance/Sing-Reposition is the bread and butter of Player Phase teams.

I lean towards switching out Hinoka. Your most powerful nuke will be SA!Tana who can go against the triangle with a Blade tome, but she will still need help dealing with super bulky blue units, which Cherche have no trouble crushing.

WoF!Hinoka [+Atk/-Def]

Warrior Princess/Reposition/Luna

Atk/Spd Bond*/Flier Formation*/Flier Guidance

*She has Fury and I'm thinking of giving her Desperation since she doesn't have the bulk to eat counterattacks. Replace Flier Guidance for Goad Fliers, or no?

I highly recommend Firesweep Bow. Warrior Princess is not bad, but Firesweep Bow is a really good insurance policy that you can always fall back on against units with obnoxious Enemy Phase builds.

If you run Firesweep Bow, you can run anything in the B slot. I personally prefer Poison Strike for more damage against super bulky units.

If you are sticking with Warrior Princess, then Fury-Desperation is good.

Unless you really need the extra mobility, I think Goad Fliers is generally better and more applicable.

Cherche + 5 [+Atk/-Res]

Cherche's Axe/Reposition/Luna

Death Blow/Draw Back/Savage Blow*

*Waiting to pull more Palla's for Goad Fliers

I would go with Moonbow and put Heavy Blade on the Sacred Seal slot.

For her B slot, while Draw Back is fine, I think it is more suited for Firesweep units who are less likely to kill their targets, and Drawing Back the enemy will allow teammates to finish the job easier. Cherche should be killing anything she initiates on, so Draw Back feels kind of unnecessary. If you want the retreating action of Draw Back, Hit and Run is better since it will always activate, as Draw Back would not always work if the enemy cannot go on restricted terrain.

3 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

SA!Tana +1 [+Atk/-Def]

Fruit of Idunn**/Reposition/Moonbow

Atk/Spd Push*/Renewal*/Goad Fliers

**I might give her Raudblade+ down the road

*She also has Fury and Desperation but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to run that set since it conflicts with her weapon but WoF!Hinoka's Flier Guidance and Hinoka's PRF already provide good mobility, is it overkill with her PRF?

Push-Renewal setups are kind of gimmicky and it does not work to well in some maps/modes. Push-Renewal is great for dual phase combat, but the main problem with Pushes is that they need to recharge after every round of combat, and Renewal recharges every two turns, and that is assuming the nuke eats a counter attack of 9 damage or less. That is simply way too slow for long duration/large maps with lots of enemies and/or reinforcements. It is still fine for short maps and modes like Tempest Trials though.

Rauðrblade-Fury-Desperation is lot more reliable in my opinion, so I would recommend that build instead.

4 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Haven't pulled her but here's what I'm thinking of giving Hinoka

Hinoka's Spear/Reposition/Luna

Fury*/Desperation/Hone Fliers

Might give her Life and Death as an alternative as well.

I would go with Moonbow for more frequent triggers.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I recommend switching out either Cherche or Hinoka for a flying Dancer/Singer, and, ideally, the Dancer/Singer should have Hone Fliers. Dance/Sing-Reposition is the bread and butter of Player Phase teams.

Part of the reason why I wanted to pull for Hinoka is because she comes with Hone Fliers since they refuse to release it into the 4* pool and spending grails for a HS!Camilla is not an efficient use of my resources. 

I have LH!Azura but since I don't believe in foddering 5* exclusive skills, the highest buff she can spread consistently will be restricted to defensive buffs from Fortify Fliers until they release an Attack wave skill as a seal/into the pool and/or combine it with an even wave skill in the seal slot.

Thank you for the suggestions on the sets. I will take them into consideration and try out different things to see how they work out.

What does a non-premium inheritance Galeforce cavalry look like these days? My Oscar is at +9 and while VG just gave me enough feathers to get the final merge, the only spare Oscar I have right now is +Atk and I think I'll keep him just in case. So I'll use the feathers to finally feed him Galeforce instead.

I know Heavy Blade in the A-slot is generally far from optimal but I do have a spare Ike, and Special Spiral Lilina is currently hogging the seal. Furthermore, I have no premium A-skills like Solo or even just Swift Sparrow to spare. He only has Fury for now so that's what it's up against. I could be convinced to go with Life and Death even though Sothe's are like hen's teeth to me. What else is there that's relatively affordable?

B-slot is probably Desperation to activate Galeforce every round with his Slaying effect?

C-slot is currently just Fortify Cavalry as filler. Sort of thinking that if I go Heavy Blade in A, I could go for a dual-smoke build. Otherwise it feels like just a free slot and I may as well keep his current Fortify.

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

What does a non-premium inheritance Galeforce cavalry look like these days? My Oscar is at +9 and while VG just gave me enough feathers to get the final merge, the only spare Oscar I have right now is +Atk and I think I'll keep him just in case. So I'll use the feathers to finally feed him Galeforce instead.

I know Heavy Blade in the A-slot is generally far from optimal but I do have a spare Ike, and Special Spiral Lilina is currently hogging the seal. Furthermore, I have no premium A-skills like Solo or even just Swift Sparrow to spare. He only has Fury for now so that's what it's up against. I could be convinced to go with Life and Death even though Sothe's are like hen's teeth to me. What else is there that's relatively affordable?

B-slot is probably Desperation to activate Galeforce every round with his Slaying effect?

C-slot is currently just Fortify Cavalry as filler. Sort of thinking that if I go Heavy Blade in A, I could go for a dual-smoke build. Otherwise it feels like just a free slot and I may as well keep his current Fortify.

I'd run Life and Death and Desperation with the Heavy Blade Sacred Seal. Wings of Mercy is also a viable choice for the B slot, but you'd ideally run a premium A skill with that.

Ideally, you'd run Atk Smoke (to make it easier to activate Heavy Blade), Spd Smoke (to make it easier to double), or Def Smoke (to deal more damage) in the C slot, though Savage Blow is a decent alternative. (Atk Smoke is available from Kaze, but Spd Smoke and Def Smoke are exclusive to 5-star pulls and Grails.)

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'd run Life and Death and Desperation with the Heavy Blade Sacred Seal. Wings of Mercy is also a viable choice for the B slot, but you'd ideally run a premium A skill with that.

Ideally, you'd run Atk Smoke (to make it easier to activate Heavy Blade), Spd Smoke (to make it easier to double), or Def Smoke (to deal more damage) in the C slot, though Savage Blow is a decent alternative. (Atk Smoke is available from Kaze, but Spd Smoke and Def Smoke are exclusive to 5-star pulls and Grails.)

Thanks. I feared as much, but on reflection it does seem the clear path forward. I guess if I'm being realistic, Lilina isn't getting terribly much use these days anyway (she struggles with the increasing bulk of newer units) so Oscar holding the Heavy Blade seal permanently isn't too big an inconvenience. Sacrificing one of only four Sothe's I've ever gotten stings, but there's no better place to use him than here so that's fair enough. Got plenty of Kazes are least so no issue there.

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Thanks. I feared as much, but on reflection it does seem the clear path forward. I guess if I'm being realistic, Lilina isn't getting terribly much use these days anyway (she struggles with the increasing bulk of newer units) so Oscar holding the Heavy Blade seal permanently isn't too big an inconvenience. Sacrificing one of only four Sothe's I've ever gotten stings, but there's no better place to use him than here so that's fair enough. Got plenty of Kazes are least so no issue there.

Depending on how you prioritize resources, I think it is fine to spend Feathers for Skill Inheritance like Fury 3, Desperation 3, etc. If you are low on Sothes and you want to keep him, feel free to spend feathers on Hana to get Life and Tier 3.

I am currently kind of low on Shannas and Hinatas, so I spent some Feathers promoting Hana, Bartre, and Mae to 5*.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Depending on how you prioritize resources, I think it is fine to spend Feathers for Skill Inheritance like Fury 3, Desperation 3, etc. If you are low on Sothes and you want to keep him, feel free to spend feathers on Hana to get Life and Tier 3.

I am currently kind of low on Shannas and Hinatas, so I spent some Feathers promoting Hana, Bartre, and Mae to 5*.

Orbs for merging flying ranged units and feathers for merging everything else is my current policy, so I guard them jealously. Luckily I've had an absolute glut of Hinatas lately and Shannas while rarer, aren't too bad. I have no grey +10 units currently, but realistically I don't think I'd ever get enough Sothes to be a proper candidate. Think I'd prefer an archer anyway really. At least it's not Legault, who I've gotten one copy of, ever.

So question time.

I pulled a +Atk Veronia and was wondering if she likes that IV best or would she prefer something else.

Also wondering how to work with Kaden (+Hp/-Def) and my +Res/-Def Sky!Olivia

5 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So question time.

I pulled a +Atk Veronia and was wondering if she likes that IV best or would she prefer something else.

+Atk Veronica is the best and maybe better than +Spd Veronica in my opinion.

More Atk on healers mean more healing amount. Especially in AR, when you find yourself in lightning trap. Veronica will heal your party back to healthy. If you have Atk/Spd push 3 combine with Live to Serve seal on her, it will be perfect for both attack and support role.

Would L!Lucina prefer Sturdy Impact or Swift Sparrow 3? I'm tempted to pull a Summer Lyn to give her Atk/Spd Link and might as well give her Sturdy Impact in the process, but I also have a spare Laegjarn to give her SS3 now and wait for H!Niles for the Link Skill. After all, Lucina's already plenty fast and mine has a Def Bane, which makes her already low Def much worse.

Thanks in advance, all!

P.S. I have Desperation on her right now. Is that better than a Link Skill?

Edited by DefyingFates

6 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Both +Atk and +Spd are fine. It mostly comes down to personal preference which one you prefer, though I believe +Atk has a slight edge if you aren't using premium skills for the A slot.

6 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Also wondering how to work with Kaden (+Hp/-Def) and my +Res/-Def Sky!Olivia

Both are valued largely for their support functionality, so their nature is not very important.

Kaden should run as many Drive skills as he can with a Link skill in his B slot. In Aether Raids, he can actually run a Defiant skill in his A slot (use a Bolt Trap to trigger it) for extra buffing.

Olivia's skill set depends on her teammates, but her default skills are pretty good.

15 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Would L!Lucina prefer Sturdy Impact or Swift Sparrow 3? I'm tempted to pull a Summer Lyn to give her Atk/Spd Link and might as well give her Sturdy Impact in the process, but I also have a spare Laegjarn to give her SS3 now and wait for H!Niles for the Link Skill. After all, Lucina's already plenty fast and mine has a Def Bane, which makes her already low Def much worse.

Thanks in advance, all!

P.S. I have Desperation on her right now. Is that better than a Link Skill?

I personally run Guard in her B slot, but that's because I always run her with a staff teammate to keep her topped off, and Guard keeps annoying things from doing annoying things.

Sturdy Impact pairs better with Atk/Spd Link since you aren't gaining Spd from her A skill. Swift Sparrow 3 pairs better with Desperation if you don't have healing. If you have healing, you probably want to go with Atk/Spd Link. It's hard nowadays to really get overkill on your Spd for a blue unit because of how fast red units are becoming.

4 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I recommend +Atk in most cases, especially if you do not plan to whale for an expensive A skill. In my opinion, without an A skill to provide enough Spd, it is better to just stack Atk instead of trying salvage staff unit's Spd for doubles. Enemies who are fast already have a huge Spd advantage from Weapon Refinements and better A skills, and enemies who are slow can usually be doubled with a healer's base Spd.

However, I would recommend +Spd if you do have the resources to run a strong offensive A skill like Atk/Spd Solo, Atk/Spd Push, or Brazen Atk/Spd and you do not plan on running Counter-Vantage. In this case, you have enough stats for both Atk and Spd, and it is worth it to try to compete for Spd against high Spd foes.

I guess you can still use +Spd without a strong A skill and evenly distribute offensive stats with Attack +3, Speed +3, and Atk/Spd, so your healers can try to double enemies with mediocre Spd. However, units with mediocre Spd are usually not great in combat since they cannot easily double nor prevent doubles, so I do not think it is worth worrying about.

For Aether Raids, if you are planning to pimp out your healers, I recommend Brazen Atk/Spd instead. It is easy to get into Brazen range with Bolt Traps and you can run another Brazen Atk/Spd on the Sacred Seal slot for even more damage. Atk/Spd Push is really high maintenance, either requiring Live to Serve on the Sacred Seal slot which reduces damage (could have ran Atk/Spd or Speed +3), or Reconcile on the Assist which gimps her healing amount (Martyr will not heal the unit if the unit has 1 HP in damage). Atk/Spd Push also needs to recharge their HP back to 100% after every round of combat, unlike Brazen Atk/Spd which will always work below 80% HP and you do not need to actively maintain that threshold. Atk/Spd Push is fine for low intensity modes like Tempest Trials, but I do not think it is good enough for maps where the AI can exert a lot of pressure.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sturdy Impact pairs better with Atk/Spd Link since you aren't gaining Spd from her A skill. Swift Sparrow 3 pairs better with Desperation if you don't have healing. If you have healing, you probably want to go with Atk/Spd Link. It's hard nowadays to really get overkill on your Spd for a blue unit because of how fast red units are becoming.

Thanks!

I mostly use Lucina in AR and I'm bad at dodging Bolt Traps. I guess I'll try to get better at that before I think about replacing Desperation, huh? Double thanks for the bolded part too, that's very good to keep in mind!

8 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I mostly use Lucina in AR and I'm bad at dodging Bolt Traps

I think it is a good thing to step on Bolt Traps. In fact, if you are using a Player Phase team, you should actively seek them out.

With Bolt Traps, you can completely avoid the risks of first round combat to setup Desperation, and Bolt Traps' area of effect is so large that you can easily have your whole team get into Desperation range safely. A lot of Bolt Traps are also levelled, so you can also easily get into Wings of Mercy range too.

Most Bolt Traps are generally horribly placed, and they benefit offense players with Player Phase teams far more than the defense team.

Hey guys i’m pretty new to Fe heroes so i don’t know a whole lot about good builds so i went with whatever seemed good.
my A!Tiki is +strength - spd
A-Distant counter
B-Quick riposte
C-Goad dragons but i can change it for whatever
seal- quickened pulse
Special-Ignis                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     weapon- breath of fog(i don't really how should i forge it +res so she can take a hit or +eff
Does this build seem good to you? what would you change?

2 minutes ago, nohrianscum19 said:

Hey guys i’m pretty new to Fe heroes so i don’t know a whole lot about good builds so i went with whatever seemed good.
A-Distant counter
B-Quick riposte
seal- quickened pulse
Special-Ignis                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     weapon- breath of fog(i don't really how should i forge it +res so she can take a hit or +eff

Maybe I am confused, but doesn't Adult TIki have distant counter built into her basic weapon already?

7 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

Maybe I am confused, but doesn't Adult TIki have distant counter built into her basic weapon already?

No, that's lightning breath, that one you can inherit to any dragon. Thing is, it slows  the special cooldown +1 and it's 11 might base, breath of fog has higher might and can forge it +eff or forge it +atk for 18 might and it heals you every 2 turns but it has 1range.

(and i somehow got like 4 hectors in the recent banner so i had a lot of spare distant counter)

Edited by nohrianscum19

3 minutes ago, nohrianscum19 said:

No, that's lightning breath, that one you can inherit to any dragon. Thing is, it slows  the special cooldown +1 and it's 11 might base, breath of fog has higher might and can forge it +eff or forge it +atk for 18 might and it heals you every 2 turns but it has 1range.

I see - I am relatively new, too, lol

12 minutes ago, nohrianscum19 said:

A-Distant counter
B-Quick riposte
seal- quickened pulse

This set seems good to me. What refine you choose for the weapon really depends on what you use her for and who her teammates are. The +eff refine is quite strong, but it's useless unless you have sword or dragon allies close by. Considering you already have Goad Dragons I assume you are using her together with other dragons, so the +eff refine would have nice synergy in that case.

You could experiment with other Sacred Seals depending on what you need as well. Distant Defense could help her counter ranged threats if your team needs that, while Atk/Def Bond would synergize well with her weapon.

Probably a dumb question but do you still get the orbs from AB if you didn't do them that week? Been busy IRL these couple weeks so I haven't been able to do them until this week so this might be the first time I've gotten orbs for ranking. 

Do anyone have the download link for the apk version of the latest update? I downloaded ARM version from APKMirror, the version and site I usually used but this time after trying to install it said "app not installed" when my FEH app is still installed, is there anything wrong?

edit: nvm , got it from apkpure

Edited by DraceEmpressa

5 hours ago, nohrianscum19 said:

A-Distant counter
B-Quick riposte
seal- quickened pulse

I'd switch Quickened Pulse to a skill that has an effect that matters for more than just the first round of combat. Bonfire with the Fierce Stance Sacred Seal, for example, has pretty much the same effect as what you have now, but works on every round of combat, not just the first.

Alternatively, the Close Def and Distant Def Sacred Seals as well as the Bond Sacred Seals are also good for general use.

As for Breath of Fog's refinement, if you're planning on running her with other dragons, use the unique refine. If not, you should run her with other dragons and use the unique refine anyways, especially since you already have Goad Dragons on her. If you aren't running her with dragons, then the Def or Res refines are your best bets.

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

Probably a dumb question but do you still get the orbs from AB if you didn't do them that week? Been busy IRL these couple weeks so I haven't been able to do them until this week so this might be the first time I've gotten orbs for ranking. 

As far as I'm aware, none of the Arena modes give you rewards if you don't participate.