"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, nohrianscum19 said:

Hey guys i’m pretty new to Fe heroes so i don’t know a whole lot about good builds so i went with whatever seemed good.
my A!Tiki is +strength - spd
A-Distant counter
B-Quick riposte
C-Goad dragons but i can change it for whatever
seal- quickened pulse
Special-Ignis                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     weapon- breath of fog(i don't really how should i forge it +res so she can take a hit or +eff
Does this build seem good to you? what would you change?

I would replace Ignis with Bonfire. You want to time your Special to always activate during combat, and not just the first round.

I personally prefer +Def/Res over +Atk on most of my Enemy Phase units. Assuming the unit survives, +Atk does have a higher damage output over +Def/Res, but +Def/Res ensures the unit has a higher chance of survival over +Atk in the first place. In my opinion, it is more important for an Enemy Phase unit to survive and hit twice with Quick Riposte than directly increasing their potential damage output; there is no point in increasing Atk if the Enemy Phase unit dies from being doubled. +Atk is good for Enemy Phase units with extreme bulk, usually in the form of Omnibreaker setups (Myrrh, Leo, Hector, etc.) or Seliph's Miracle that gives infinite HP.

In this case, I highly recommend +Res on A!Tiki and/or at least run Warding Stance. With no Res stacking as is, she will take heavy damage from green mages and die from a sneeze from Lewyn, which is kind of a waste of Distant Counter since most ranged enemies are usually mages.

30 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Which is better, Atk/Spd Push + Mystic Boost combination or single Brazen Atk Spd /Swift Sparrow?

Atk/Spd Push-Mystic Boost is only viable on Lewyn and SR!Laegjarn for dual phasing. For regular Player Phase, any other A skill that boosts Atk/Spd that can work with Desperation is better.

If you want to use Atk/Spd Push, Renewal or a healer is required, not Mystic Boost. Mystic Boost does not heal if you do not enter combat, and it simply does not heal enough to offset counterattack damage. Atk/Spd Push is okay on low intensity maps like Tempest Trials, but it is too high maintenance for practical use in high pressure maps like Aether Raids or Abyssal difficulty.

Edited by XRay

Moving to this place: 

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

This is the full text. Since Alfonse has TA refine.m on himself. It makes Match up Neutral. It doesnt matter if TA is on for or your unit. The skill just needs to be there.

No, I don't think it works that way. 

1 hour ago, Hilda said:
Neutralizes weapon-triangle advantage granted by unit's skills.

TA (given by Alfonses special refine) is neutralized when fighting a green unit. He'd just fight with the normal 20% WTA. 

1 hour ago, Hilda said:
 If unit has weapon-triangle disadvantage, reverses weapon-triangle advantage granted by foe's skills.

Alfonse fighting a Saphire Lance unit or a blue TA unit, WT would be neutralized. 

"Normal" WTA" (20%) minus "reversed WTA by CA" (20%) = 0. 

Fighting a blue unit without TA or gem would lead to the normal 20% disadvantage for Alfonse, since it's not granted by a skill. 

I don't know how to explain it in a better way, thus another quote:

On 2/27/2018 at 12:06 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Cancel Affinity can be summarized so much more easily as:

• Cancel Affinity disables your own Triangle Adept regardless of level.
    • "Triangle Adept" refers to both the skill itself and gem weapons, but not Litrraven.
  • Cancel Affinity 1 disables your opponent's Triangle Adept.
  • Cancel Affinity 2 disables your opponent's Triangle Adept only when you are at a disadvantage.
    • If you are at an advantage, you still get to enjoy your super advantage.
  • Cancel Affinity 3 reverses your opponent's Triangle Adept only when you are at a disadvantage.
    •  If you are at an advantage, you still get to enjoy your super advantage.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Is there a way to raise the amount of heroes I can have? I'm almost capped out and I don't want to get rid of them.

You can raise the cap by spending orbs.  It costs an orb each time you want to raise the limit of your barracks.

Just now, TheSilentChloey said:

You can raise the cap by spending orbs.  It costs an orb each time you want to raise the limit of your barracks.

Where do I do that!? And is it worth it?

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You need to tap on the "Shop" button which is right next to the "Summon" button on the bottom of your screen.  Then you want the "Expand Barracks" menu item, just above the "Aether Resort Pass".

Eta because I derped:

The cap of your barracks is raised by 5 for each orb you spend

Edited by TheSilentChloey
Fixed minor mistake.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

If you acquire a hero and they can't fit in your barracks, the game will automatically offer to sell you 5 more spaces. There's no need to do it pre-emptively, although you can if you really want to via the shop menu as mentioned above. The absolute maximum is 1100 spaces.

Alternatively though, make use of the Combat Manuals system instead since it's free.

Edited by Humanoid

10 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

You need to tap on the "Shop" button which is right next to the "Summon" button on the bottom of your screen.  Then you want the "Expand Barracks" menu item, just above the "Aether Resort Pass".

Eta because I derped:

The cap of your barracks is raised by 5 for each orb you spend

Ah, okay, thank you! I can't believe I missed that...

9 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

If you acquire a hero and they can't fit in your barracks, the game will automatically offer to sell you 5 more spaces. There's no need to do it pre-emptively, although you can if you really want to via the shop menu as mentioned above. The absolute maximum is 1100 spaces.

Alternatively though, make use of the Combat Manuals system instead since it's free.

Oh, that's good to know, I don't want to have to get rid of new characters I want.

Finally cleared the last fire garden map. Now I just have to do the last wind garden map to get that green check for Blessed Gardens.

Edited by Flying Shogi

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh, that's good to know, I don't want to have to get rid of new characters I want.

Mind that units transformed to a combat manual can't be played anymore. Combat manuals can be used for Skill Inheritance and merges (to upgrade other units). 

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

And is it worth it?

It costs 1 orb to buy 5 slots, but it costs at least 20 orbs to fill them (not counting free units).

In general, if you're going to use them, it's worth it to buy the slots because they're incredibly cheap compared to how much it costs to actually fill those slots up.

@lightcosmo Just so you are aware, there are currently 398 individual Heroes in the game (Oh my god that's a lot of heroes). While at this point it is unrealistic for you to obtain all of them, that at least tells you how many barracks slots you may want to look into acquiring.

Just as an example, because right now I have all but a few Summer and Halloween heroes (not counting the recently revealed Summer Heroes), I have 600 Barracks slots, and are using 405 of them. 388 of those slots are one copy each of the heroes I own, while the remaining are made up of lower rarity copies of some of the heroes. Different Assets and Flaws and the like.

Because of Combat Manuals, in my honest opinion, there's no reason to go all out on Barracks slots, as you just won't need all of them. Just going on cleanup every once in a while and converting useless Heroes into manuals will keep you well under whatever barracks limits you are at right now. As a rule of safety I try to keep to though, always keep your Barrack limit to at least 100 above your current number of used or saved heroes. That way if you ever mass summon, you don't have to go cleaning as often.

As a tip, make sure you have Asset/Flaw Color Display on in the Settings, so that you know immediately who is worth keeping and who is not. And if you're ever not sure... well, that's what asking is for.

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

@lightcosmo Just so you are aware, there are currently 398 individual Heroes in the game (Oh my god that's a lot of heroes). While at this point it is unrealistic for you to obtain all of them, that at least tells you how many barracks slots you may want to look into acquiring.

Just as an example, because right now I have all but a few Summer and Halloween heroes (not counting the recently revealed Summer Heroes), I have 600 Barracks slots, and are using 405 of them. 388 of those slots are one copy each of the heroes I own, while the remaining are made up of lower rarity copies of some of the heroes. Different Assets and Flaws and the like.

Because of Combat Manuals, in my honest opinion, there's no reason to go all out on Barracks slots, as you just won't need all of them. Just going on cleanup every once in a while and converting useless Heroes into manuals will keep you well under whatever barracks limits you are at right now. As a rule of safety I try to keep to though, always keep your Barrack limit to at least 100 above your current number of used or saved heroes. That way if you ever mass summon, you don't have to go cleaning as often.

As a tip, make sure you have Asset/Flaw Color Display on in the Settings, so that you know immediately who is worth keeping and who is not. And if you're ever not sure... well, that's what asking is for.

Oh I mean for multiples as well, sorry if that wasn't clear. I also keep characters depending on what skills they have, for inheritance sake. Example being Shanna, I have 5 of her, and she has desperation which I want, so I don't want to drop her, and I want to wait unti I'm sure I need to get it. I don't want to waste units with good skills is all, and since I didn't know about the combat manual thing before, I wasn't sure how to go about it. Thanks, though!

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Mind that units transformed to a combat manual can't be played anymore. Combat manuals can be used for Skill Inheritance and merges (to upgrade other units). 

So this is purely just another way to upgrade units, without them taking slots, is all?

another question, say I summon one of the focus units from a banner, can I summon another one from the same banner or do I have to wait?

Edited by lightcosmo

So this is purely just another way to upgrade units, without them taking slots, is all?

another question, say I summon one of the focus units from a banner, can I summon another one from the same banner or do I have to wait? 

Yes, manuals is just saving units to be sacrificed later.

The chance of getting any unit at any time is unaffected by who you've already gotten. You can fill your barracks with 1100 of the same focus unit from the same banner if you want (and are sufficiently cashed up). I estimate doing so would cost somewhere around $100,000 - $200,000.

Edited by Humanoid

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Yes, manuals is just saving units to be sacrificed later.

The chance of getting any unit at any time is unaffected by who you've already gotten. You can fill your barracks with 1100 of the same focus unit from the same banner if you want (and are sufficiently cashed up). I estimate doing so would cost somewhere around $100,000 - $200,000.

I was curious about summoning because I've never gotten two of the same 5 star unit from the same banner in one sitting. I haven't spent any money on this game and dont plan to, either. 

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I was curious about summoning because I've never gotten two of the same 5 star unit from the same banner in one sitting. I haven't spent any money on this game and dont plan to, either. 

I once summoned (on my other account) two copies of Zelgius in my only two pulls on a banner that featured him. Freakishly, they also had identical natures, indistinguishable in every way.

25 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I once summoned (on my other account) two copies of Zelgius in my only two pulls on a banner that featured him. Freakishly, they also had identical natures, indistinguishable in every way.

Oh, wow that's lucky! I just dont want to waste orbs if I couldn't get multiple copies.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I haven't spent any money on this game and dont plan to, either. 

As a free player, your access to Orbs will be limited, so you want to squeeze out as many 5* units as you can. When you summon, I recommend saving at least around 200 or so Orbs so you can be sure to reset your 5* summoning rate back down to 3%/3% (or whatever the starting rate is). It is more efficient to spend more Orbs on fewer Foci than to spend less Orbs on more Foci.

In the process of building a Team around Yune. Not for AR or PVP. I just like creating synergizing Teams:

Currently:
Yune, Green, standart setup, with DEF/RES Fortress
Mordecai, standart setup, with ATK/SPD Link and of course Smite
Mathew (refined): still work in progress, lack of Close counter which will be available in 2.5 weeks

I cant decide on the 4. member. I have no problems runnign a Team without a healer or dancer, but usually its nice to have one or the other around, but preferable a red unit. Since this is a debuff based Team I am wraping my head around, also would be nice for it to be a magical user. My +10 Arvis is out of the picture he runs on Team Gunnthra with Saizo and Clair since ages.

Aversa could be a nice addition, but she would bring like... nothing to the table on Abyssal LHBs, so she is out too
Lilina could be ready and provide triple chill debuffs
Katarina would be a very nice pick, but she is kinda hard to +10 (not like my Yune is +10 at all)
Tharja doesnt operate on debuffs
Thinking about Male Morgan, but buffing the entire Team with Mathews weapon effect and his effect is too convoluted without a Dancer.

Thinking about Dancer Micaiah with a Sabotage Def + Ploy setup. Leaning towards Lilina atm but Morgan sounds nice

So apparently I heard you get 20 orbs once if you miss a day as a welcome back gift. I haven't missed a day to log in since the game launched. So should I avoid logging in one day just to get it or should I keep my perfect streak?

Edited by SSbardock84

9 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

So apparently I heard you get 20 orbs once if you miss a day as a welcome back gift. I haven't missed a day to log in since the game launched. So should I avoid logging in one day just to get it or should I keep my perfect streak?

You have to miss a lot more than a day to get that gift, I think it's given to players who haven't logged in for an entire month. So you'll definitely get more orbs by just logging in and playing as normal.

4 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

You have to miss a lot more than a day to get that gift, I think it's given to players who haven't logged in for an entire month. So you'll definitely get more orbs by just logging in and playing as normal.

Oof, good to know, thanks.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

As a free player, your access to Orbs will be limited, so you want to squeeze out as many 5* units as you can. When you summon, I recommend saving at least around 200 or so Orbs so you can be sure to reset your 5* summoning rate back down to 3%/3% (or whatever the starting rate is). It is more efficient to spend more Orbs on fewer Foci than to spend less Orbs on more Foci.

I've been strangely lucky with this game, getting a 5 star unit every 10 summons or so lately, so I can't complain. I only summon when there's a character I really want, besides the free one's of course. what do you mean by summon rating, isn't it always 3%?

I've been strangely lucky with this game, getting a 5 star unit every 10 summons or so lately, so I can't complain. I only summon when there's a character I really want, besides the free one's of course. what do you mean by summon rating, isn't it always 3%?

Every 5 summons that aren't 5-star rarity will increase your 5-star rate by 0.5% (split proportionally across all 5-star pools). Once you summon a 5-star unit, the summon rates will reset.

The advice is that if you've gotten the summon rate to increase, you should continue summoning on that banner until you cause it to reset because it is more efficient (in the long run) to spend your orbs on higher summon rates than lower summon rates.