"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Flaws are removed with the first merge. Gone. It's not "you get 3 points back", it's "your flaw disappears as if it never existed". If it was a superbane, you get all 4 points back.

My +10 Summer Linde [+Spd, -Def] has 20 Def, which is the neutral base 16 + 4 points from merges despite it being a superbane.

Thanks! Guess, thank it's only superboons that remain

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Nimrod said:

After doing some internet research I found out super banes don't get +4 stats with the 1st merge but 'only' +3, right? So in other words, with merges in mind, a bane does not matter anymore, and it's preferrable to avoid super banes for max bst, right?

Small clarification, the Bane is not completely removed: the stat is still considered lower than other stats internally for two circumstances:

>Merges and Dragonflowers (as the order of boosting stats is determined by highest to lowest at Lv1, and then in the order of HP>Atk>Spd>Def>Res if two stats are the same)
>Promoting to higher rarities (as all merges are lost upon promotion, so the Flaw will return)

This might seem trivial, but I'd like to present a personal example I have worked with: Odin. (more in the spoiler)

Spoiler

Xjn4gIFl.jpg?1

Lv1 5* neutral stats: 19/5/8/6/6

His Asset/Flaw is +Spd -Atk. His Lv40 0 merge 0 dragonflower statline normally should be...

43/19/35/25/25

However...

>At +10, he gets +4 to all stats, in addition to +3 to his Atk as a result of his Flaw being fixed.
>With 4 Dragonflowers, he gets +1 each to HP, Spd, Def, and Res.

Note that he did not get a boost to Atk from the flowers. However, if he were -Def or -Res, then the boost would have gone to Atk instead of the Flawed stat, the reason above.

It's largely trivial, but it may be worth considering if you ever get to apply merges to 5* exclusive units.

Is there an easier way to get to this screen?

Spoiler

BPv6sDH.png

It seems like this screen was swallowed by the "brigade" tab under "Equip Skill Sets." I know for sure that this set only had 6 units as it's my AR defense team and I have no idea where the game pulled these units from when I don't remember ever assembling these particular units into a brigade, at least in that particular order.

Edited by Flying Shogi

3 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Is there an easier to get to this screen?

It seems like this screen was swallowed by the "brigade" tab under "Equip Skill Sets." I know for sure that this set page only had 6 units as it's my AR defense team and I have no idea where the game pulled these units from when I don't remember ever assembling these particular units into a brigade.

That's the "switch multiple units to a skill set at once" screen. You get to it from the Allies (仲間) menu > Change Equipment (装備の変更) > Equip Skill Sets (スキルセット一括装備).

Using the blue button at the bottom right, you can toggle between switching skills sets by teams or by selecting individual units. If you're in the team selection screen, you can use the blue button on the top right to select the type of teams to list.

16 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's the "switch multiple units to a skill set at once" screen. You get to it from the Allies (仲間) menu > Change Equipment (装備の変更) > Equip Skill Sets (スキルセット一括装備).

Using the blue button at the bottom right, you can toggle between switching skills sets by teams or by selecting individual units. If you're in the team selection screen, you can use the blue button on the top right to select the type of teams to list.

Thanks. I haven't gone to these screens in a while so I forgot how they worked. I was trying to get to the Edit/Equip Skill Sets(スキルセット編集・装備) screen to individually edit my AR defense units' skill sets and seals but I couldn't remember how to get to that screen. 

Edited by Flying Shogi

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I was just pity-broken by a spare Nailah. Who wants Null-C Disrupt and Distant Counter? I haven't the slightest clue who might benefit from that.

I lean towards an infantry Spd tank. Slow Def/Res tanks can simply just wall Firesweep nukes so Firesweep nukes are not a huge threat to them, and they need that B slot to deal with raw damage nukes more in my opinion.

10 hours ago, XRay said:

I lean towards an infantry Spd tank. Slow Def/Res tanks can simply just wall Firesweep nukes so Firesweep nukes are not a huge threat to them, and they need that B slot to deal with raw damage nukes more in my opinion.

What units would that be?

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

What units would that be?

You can check out the stat page from Gamepedia. You can limit it to melee and infantry, and then sort by Spd.

I personally lean towards beasts and dragons. I prefer beasts more since you cannot Break or deal effective damage against them yet, and they also got inherent Harmonic/Wo effect. Velouria is perfect in that regard since she can counterattack with an instant Luna. Fast dragons are still decent since they got really powerful Weapons (A!F!Corrin and A!M!Corrin got Draconic Rage, DW!F!Corrin got Savage Breath) and only one unit has Binding Shield (Dragonbreakersweep), although dragon effective Weapons can be a problem with Naga being a thing.

10 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

Just wanted to ask, is Catria a good option to invest in? Her weapon upgrade seems quite good to me. Stupid question: that brave effect works also without her having fliers around?

She is a good option in a flier team. Her Brave effect is only active when near fliers though.

"If the number of flying allies within 2 spaces ≥ 2, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3 during combat, and if unit initiates combat, unit attacks twice."

The sentence is structured as "if condition X, then A and B results," not as "if condition X, then A result, if condition Y, then B result."

Edited by XRay

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

She is a good option in a flier team. Her Brave effect is only active when near fliers though.

"If the number of flying allies within 2 spaces ≥ 2, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3 during combat, and if unit initiates combat, unit attacks twice."

The sentence is structured as "if condition X, then A and B results," not as "if condition X, then A result, if condition Y, then B result."

Thanks - yeah, I had a feeling this might be the case but then I said, no way this will have no relevance. Glad I asked. Thanks.

9 hours ago, XRay said:

I prefer beasts more since you cannot Break or deal effective damage against them yet, and they also got inherent Harmonic/Wo effect.

Picnic Felicia and picnic Flora have effective against beast weapons. They're both armors and seasonal units, though. I figured Panne and Yarne would have had effective against beast and cavalry on their weapons as a reference to the Beastbane skill they and Kaden, Keaton, Selkie, and Velouria could learn in their games, but that didn't happen; they only have the effective against cavalry part. Funny enough, none of the 3DS beast units have effective against beast for their weapons, but I digress.

@Fire Emblem Fan, as a reminder, the Wo Dao effect is only in play if they're transformed. If they're not, then it and the Atk+2, basically a Mt change so they will have a 16 Mt weapon like other melee units with non-Brave personal weapons, won't be active.

With the speedy, beast tanks, there's only two and one of them is Nailah. The other is Velouria as XRay pointed out. The only other beast infantry in the game is Mordecai who is a slow, physically tanky, and support unit given his personal weapon's main effect: "If a movement Assist skill (like Reposition, Shove, Pivot, etc.) is used by unit or targets unit, inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-4 on foes within 2 spaces of unit and target through their next actions after movement."

Nailah and Velouria have similar stat spreads with the exact difference being Velouria has 4 more attack and 1 more defense. Nailah more or less got screwed over by being introduced a banner too early since she has gen 2 melee infantry BST while Velouria has gen 3 melee infantry BST and the other Tellius beasts introduced with her, Leanne, Reyson, Tibarn, and Naesala through GHB were melee fliers and they appear to have have a BST change going into gen 3. Nailah's 40 HP, 31 Atk, 37 Spd, 32 Def, and 23 Res to Velouria's 40 HP, 35 Atk, 37 Spd, 33 Def, and 23 Res.

Nailah's Wolf Queen Fang comes with a Killer effect and a 2 space Atk/Spd Bond effect that caps at +6 to her attack and speed while Velouria's Wolfpup Fang has Spd+3 and the Quickened Pulse 2 effect that works with her support partner. So, Nailah's special cooldown will always be 1 less than Velouria, but Velouria will always be faster and at the start of a battle, be able to charge her special by 2. In terms of tanking, Nailah is blue while Velouria is colorless. If you're building a tank for Aether Raids or perhaps in general, I believe it was observed that green and colorless would be good colors. Blue probably works, but green would have an easier tanking against blue nukes and colorless wouldn't be weak to anyone unless they're using a -raven tome.

If that Nailah's your only copy, she doesn't have a bad asset/flaw combo, and you don't hate her, then I'd say keep her and use her. Otherwise, and if you have a Velouria, then sure give Distant Counter and Null C Disrupt to her and make her your speedy tank. If you don't have a Velouria, then look at the other speedy tanks or slow tanks like XRay suggested. One unit that might be a good idea would be Hawkeye and Libra. Both have decent mixed defenses in the at 28/30 for Hawkeye and 28/29 for Libra where Hawkeye trades some attack and a lot of speed for HP compared to Libra. Do keep in mind that Helbindi did powercreep Hawkeye, but since Hawkeye is a 3* to 4* summonable unit, if you didn't try to get a bunch of copies of Helbindi, then it might be easier to work with Hawkeye and merge him up. Hawkeye's stats are 45 HP, 33 Atk, 22 Spd, 28 Def, and 30 Res to Helbindi's 44 HP, 35 Atk, 18 Spd, 35 Def, and 31 Res. Hawkeye's only real advantage is that he comes with a Killer Axe and when he eventually gets a personal weapon in an update, it might be a personal Killer Axe.

She's not in the grail shop yet, but summer Ylgr's like a +Spd, -Res Libra. There's also Arthur who is like a gen 1 version of Libra where he's like a -Atk, -Spd, and -Res Libra, but he does have a +Res superasset bringing his Res up to 28, 1 less than a =Res Libra.

With Raigh's new tome, Null C Disrupt would be a good, but very expensive investment into him. Main reason being he's a gen 1 red mage with a relatively balanced stat spread and we're at a point with non-healer ranged units having the same BST as gen 1 melee infantry and melee fliers -- around 9 stat difference between gen 1 and gen 3. That being said, Hermit's Tome's base effects of effective against cavalry and Dull Ranged 3 paired with Null C Disrupt would work very well together allowing him to deal with units like CYL Lyn and Velouria as he would be able to inflict effective damage against them provided they aren't running Grani's Shield and disable the effects of Firesweep Bow and Dazzling Staff. If he were blue or green, then you could probably add in Reinhardt too, but that's not the case and he's the red mage Raigh we've known since forever.

20 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

Just to be on the safe side: those link skills require movement assists such as reposition. If I put such skill on leg lucina it will work just as well, right? Please confirm anyone

Her Future Vision is considered a movement skill with an additional effect. So she'll be affected by link skills

4 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

How do weapons that target the lower of foes def/res behave with AoE specials? Lightning Breath and Felicia’s plate for example

It uses the lower value for all ranged units hit by the AoE attack

So I got Lucy at long last.  Her IVs might not be ideal however, I want to know if the build I'm thinking of will do her the world of good, in spoilers below is where she's up to:

Spoiler

lucy_update_by_thesilentchloey_ddc2i6f-f

So I'm thinking that the following might work:

Weapon: Falchion special refine

Special: Moonblow/Glimmer/Aether

A Skill: Life and Death 3

B Skill: Renewal 3/Quick Riposte 3 (more likely to do this one)

C Skill: Drive Def 2/Drive Atk

S Seal: Attack Boost/Quick Riposte etc

Team mate is likely to be M!Grima/F!Grima (god they're all going to hate me for that XP)/M!Robin/Lancina/Bowcina/Cynthia.  It'll depend on who needs her support but I suppose I want to make an Awakening theme team for fun XD

Edited by TheSilentChloey

3 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Weapon: Falchion special refine

Special: Moonblow/Glimmer/Aether

A Skill: Life and Death 3

B Skill: Renewal 3/Quick Riposte 3 (more likely to do this one)

C Skill: Drive Def 2/Drive Atk

S Seal: Attack Boost/Quick Riposte etc

Team mate is likely to be M!Grima/F!Grima (god they're all going to hate me for that XP)/M!Robin/Lancina/Bowcina/Cynthia.  It'll depend on who needs her support but I suppose I want to make an Awakening theme team for fun XD

If you are using Lucina as a support unit, she is better off focusing completely on being a healer. FH!M!Robin, FV!F!Robin, and M!Robin are Enemy Phase units and they need healing.

BH!Lucina, GA!Lucina, and Cynthia are generally Player Phase units and they need Dancer/Singer support to function at their full potential. Lucina cannot really support them in a meaningful way other than being a Player Phase nuke herself to takeout green units.

Lucina can be an Enemy Phase Spd tank, but it feels like a waste of her offensive stats in my opinion.

HP Battery/Combat Medic:
+HP/Spd (I lean towards +HP, but +Spd is also fine to help prevent doubles.)
Falchion [Spd] (As a healer, she needs more HP storage than combat performance.)
Reciprocal Aid
Moonbow
HP+5 — HP/Spd
Renewal
(Any C) — Panic Ploy
HP+5 — HP/Spd — Renewal

Player Phase:
+Atk/Spd
Sealed Falchion
Reposition
Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Spd, or Atk/Spd) — Heavy Blade — Flashing Blade

Enemy Phase:
+Spd
Falchion [special]
Swap — Reposition
Moonbow
Spd/Def Bond
Quick Riposte
(Any C)
Atk/Spd Bond — Atk/Def Bond — (Any Sacred Seal that boosts Spd, Def, Atk/Spd, or Spd/Def)

Edited by XRay

36 minutes ago, XRay said:

other than being a Player Phase nuke herself to takeout green units

Fyi this is exactly what I was going for + dragon killing potential.

Unfortunately I've only got the above Lucy to work with, so will that set up help or hinder her in that role?

8 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Fyi this is exactly what I was going for + dragon killing potential.

Unfortunately I've only got the above Lucy to work with, so will that set up help or hinder her in that role?

Your Lucina needs a skill overhaul, so she should run the following Player Phase set up. Her skills as is leans towards an Enemy Phase build, but she does not have the magic bulk to tank dragons effectively in my opinion.

55 minutes ago, XRay said:

Player Phase:
+Atk/Spd
Sealed Falchion
Reposition
Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Spd, or Atk/Spd) — Heavy Blade — Flashing Blade

If you do not have Moonbow, Glimmer is also fine. Sealed Falchion can be obtained from the Weapon Refinery.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Your Lucina needs a skill overhaul, so she should run the following Player Phase set up. Her skills as is leans towards an Enemy Phase build, but she does not have the magic bulk to tank dragons effectively in my opinion.

If you do not have Moonbow, Glimmer is also fine. Sealed Falchion can be obtained from the Weapon Refinery.

Doesn't she want her special refine/+Atk refine for potentially increased damage output because of certain skills that make it a speed race?  At least for now, because I don't have a +Atk or +Spd Lucy and have use all the resouces I had to get the one I got.  In otherwords she'll have to do for now.

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Doesn't she want her special refine/+Atk refine for potentially increased damage output because of certain skills that make it a speed race?  At least for now, because I don't have a +Atk or +Spd Lucy and have use all the resouces I had to get the one I got.  In otherwords she'll have to do for now.

As a Player Phase unit, regular Falchion takes her out of Desperation range. If you cannot afford Sealed Falchion, then I would just stick with regular Falchion but do not Refine it, as Refining it will make the healing more frequent.

You do not have to have the correct nature right now since you can always fix it later when you get more copies. I build my units as if they already have their ideal nature.

So I should hopefully have another merge on my +8 Legion within the next few weeks, bringing his Atk and Spd to their highest values possible before Dragonflowers. Something I been wondering though... what weapon should he have? He's been using Wo Gun for a while, but I think he might like something else...

>Not saying Wo Gun is a bad weapon.
>Slaying Axe would be an easy pick to throw at him.
>Brave Axe on him would probably work well (off what will end at 41/40 offenses), though at the expense of losing some additional stats from lack of forge.
>A movement-effective weapon would be average in most cases, excellent in the right ones.
>I actually have a spare Beach Banner+ he could inherit (All stat +2 when initiating combat)
>Legion's Axe is a unique weapon, and while I'm not opposed to using it, it does lack any direct in-combat applications.