"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

6 hours ago, Xenomata said:

So I should hopefully have another merge on my +8 Legion within the next few weeks, bringing his Atk and Spd to their highest values possible before Dragonflowers. Something I been wondering though... what weapon should he have? He's been using Wo Gun for a while, but I think he might like something else...

>Not saying Wo Gun is a bad weapon.
>Slaying Axe would be an easy pick to throw at him.
>Brave Axe on him would probably work well (off what will end at 41/40 offenses), though at the expense of losing some additional stats from lack of forge.
>A movement-effective weapon would be average in most cases, excellent in the right ones.
>I actually have a spare Beach Banner+ he could inherit (All stat +2 when initiating combat)
>Legion's Axe is a unique weapon, and while I'm not opposed to using it, it does lack any direct in-combat applications.

Slaying Axe is generally the best option for most loadouts. Brave Axe is not bad, but it needs to be set up, so it is a little risky unless you have DW!Berkut or are in Aether Raids where you have easy access to Bolt Traps. Beach Banner is great for first round performance, but it suffers significantly once you hit Desperation range, so I recommend Slaying Axe over it.

First Round Prioritization:
Slaying Axe is the best budget option. It is only slightly weaker than Beach Banner.
I would not bother with Brave Axe. It is the cheapest option, but Legion's performance suffers a lot.
Beach Banner is the best performance option, but its slight performance gain over Slaying axe does not justify the rarity/high price of the Weapon. I would only give Beach Banner to your favorite unit.

Challengers List: Both sides +10 with 6/6/6/6 buffs.

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Legion (5*+10)  
Weapon: Slaying Axe+  
Special: Moonbow  
A: Swift Sparrow 3  
B: Desperation 3  
S: Atk Spd 2  
Upgrade Path: 2  

Legion (5*+10)  
Weapon: Brave Axe+  
Special: Luna  
S: Darting Blow 3  

Legion (5*+10)  
Weapon: Beach Banner+  
S: Flashing Blade 3  

Desperation Prioritization:
Slaying Axe is better when the combined stat boost from A slot and Sacred Seal slot is Atk/Spd+9 or lower.
Brave Axe is better once you go past Atk/Spd +10. So if you are running Life and Death and Brazen Atk/Spd, Brave Axe is better than Slaying Axe.
I would not run Beach Banner. It has damage output issues. Beach Banner with Brazen Atk/Spd 4 and Flashing Blade operate at a performance level similar to Slaying Axe/Brave Axe with Swift Sparrow-Brazen Atk/Spd; so if you are running Life and Death-Brazen Atk/Spd, then Beach Banner is the worst option.

Challengers List: Both sides +10 with 6/6/6/6 buffs. Challengers at 1 HP.

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Legion (5*+10)  
Weapon: Slaying Axe+  
A: Swift Sparrow 2  
S: Brazen Atk Spd 3  

Legion (5*+10)  
Weapon: Brave Axe+  
Special: Luna  
A: Swift Sparrow 2  
S: Brazen Atk Spd 3  

Legion (5*+10)  
Weapon: Beach Banner+  
A: Brazen Atk Spd 4  
S: Flashing Blade 3  

Edited by XRay

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@XRay Guess Legion's Axe would be better suited for some sort of support role on a really bulky axe...?

Slaying and Brave Axe both have their issues, but it kinda looks like Slaying just has better all-round performance while Brave needs that set-up to be good. Also the slight benefit of Slaying not being useless on EP. Brave has a benefit on Legion specifically where he has low defensive bulk but relatively high HP bulk, so in most cases even with color advantage he can take enough damage to enter Brazen/Desperation range, maybe even under 50% HP for WoM Dancer abuse...

I'll do Slaying anyway, but I think it smart to put a Brave Axe set on him sometime in the future. It could be a good weapon for him in hard non-Player vs computer-controlled Player scenarios...

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Guess Legion's Axe would be better suited for some sort of support role on a really bulky axe...?

Hm... You could give it to a super tank and the Panic essentially nullifies buffs, so it is basically Dull All but better, but the catch is that it does not work on the first enemy that fights you, and it does not work if other enemies are too far away to be affected by the first enemy.

As for giving it to a support unit, I am not sure. So it is basically dagger/staff unit, but at melee range. That lack of range could be a huge problem in my opinion since it gets more difficult to pull out, whereas ranged units have more distance between them and the enemy so it is easier to pull out for them.

On 7/20/2019 at 1:37 AM, XRay said:

As a Player Phase unit, regular Falchion takes her out of Desperation range. If you cannot afford Sealed Falchion, then I would just stick with regular Falchion but do not Refine it, as Refining it will make the healing more frequent.

I don't see the problem with running both Desperation and Renewal on the same build. As long as you make sure you aren't getting killed in one hit, Desperation keeps you alive when you're at low HP and having high HP keeps you alive when you're at high HP.

There's no reason not to refine Falchion as it gives more HP and defenses.

The only real downside is that it locks you out of running Brazen skills, but there are enough viable alternatives to that.

@TheSilentChloey

On 7/20/2019 at 10:33 AM, Ace Flashheart said:

Who draws the chibi illustrations found on the official website?

Sharena.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't see the problem with running both Desperation and Renewal on the same build. As long as you make sure you aren't getting killed in one hit, Desperation keeps you alive when you're at low HP and having high HP keeps you alive when you're at high HP.

There's no reason not to refine Falchion as it gives more HP and defenses.

The only real downside is that it locks you out of running Brazen skills, but there are enough viable alternatives to that.

@TheSilentChloey

If they have the resources to Refine Falchion, then those resources are better spent on getting Sealed Falchion instead. Sealed Falchion provides Atk/Spd +4 which are vital to Player Phase units and it meshes well with Desperation.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sharena.

I think she meant the real life artist.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

If they have the resources to Refine Falchion, then those resources are better spent on getting Sealed Falchion instead. Sealed Falchion provides Atk/Spd +4 which are vital to Player Phase units and it meshes well with Desperation.

Sealed Falchion has the problem that it does nothing on the first round of combat except in Aether Raids and Chain modes. Refined Falchion at least guarantees +3 HP on the first round of combat while also granting almost the same boost as Sealed Falchion if you are good at controlling the AI.

"Meshing well with Desperation" is really just a nicer way of saying "you need to have Desperation on this build or else you're just going to roll over and die".

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I think she meant the real life artist.

I'm well aware.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Meshing well with Desperation" is really just a nicer way of saying "you need to have Desperation on this build or else you're just going to roll over and die".

But that is pretty much most Player Phase nukes though.

38 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Just remembered this, but I remember seeing some comments saying Navarre is one hell of a Galeforce user with his unique refined Scarlet Sword. Sell me on that idea. From this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/ceerlr/best_34_star_infantry_swords_to_merge_up/.

Yeah... I'm bored.

His Atk is pretty low though and you cannot get that Atk up with a nature, so his lack of damage output could be a big problem if he is running Galeforce. I run Galeforce +Atk Cordelia but she has 38 base Atk so she can afford to forgo a damage Special.

Scarlet Blade [special] — Scarlet Blade [Spd]
Reposition
Galeforce
Swift Sparrow
Desperation
Savage Blow
Flashing Blade

Swift Sparrow is only on SR!Laegjarn right now, so you have to make do with Life and Death in the meantime if you do not have her available as fodder. I do not recommend really recommend other A skills since he really needs all the help he can get in Atk, and Swift Sparrow provides the most Atk consistently. If you can reliably get him into Desperation range, Brazen Atk/Spd is also an option and SR!Wolt has it right now, but keep in mind that it takes setup and it is not always easy to set it up.

So I pulled a +Spd/-Def Dimitri and a +Spd/-Res Edelgard any suggestions on how to build these two up?

Edit to fix Dimitri's IVs upon double checking them...

Edited by TheSilentChloey

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So I pulled a +Spd/-Def Dimitri and a +Spd/-Res Edelgard any suggestions on how to build these two up?

Most new units have pretty complete skill sets which work well on their owners, there is usually not as much SI needed as in the past.

Can't say much about Dimitri (didn't get him myself), but Edelgard is very good with her skills. Her weapon, her A- and C-passives have similar conditions and have great synergy for one purpose: To double with as much ATK and DEF as possible.

Leaves four slots:

• Special:
    • vanilla Luna is good to kill everything which resists a double with her high ATK
    • Guaranteed double, Solo skills and high ATK gives the opportunity to run Galeforce on her (very good in combination with L!Azura). My Edelgard will get GF one day, but I'm out of fodder currently. 
    • alternatives are Bonfire and Ignis, thanks to her high DEF
  • B-passive:
    • vanilla Dull Close is situational, but might be useful in arena when Edelgard is bonus
    • Desperation might be good on her, since she doubles a lot. Her high DEF might make it difficult to meet the HP condition though
    • alternatives (budget first): Lunge, Renewal, Chills, Mythic boost, Null follow-up, Special Spiral, Wrath
  • Assist:
    • Smite is good to keep her Solo conditions alive ("begone healer/refresher!")
    • Pivot to extend her reach
  • Seal:
    • Heavy Blade is great for offensive sets, no matter if you run Galeforce or a damage special on her
    • Since her double works on both phases, Close Defense would make her hard to kill once surrounded
    • alternatives are Smokes, ATK/DEF+2, Brazen ATK/DEF
Edited by mampfoid

12 hours ago, XRay said:

But that is pretty much most Player Phase nukes though.

That's because most player-phase nukes do require Desperation or else they will die. That is a drawback and not a benefit because it locks their B slot to a single skill. "Meshing well with Desperation" puts this situation in a misleading positive light.

In the case of Lucina, because she has access to Renewal on her weapon, she is no longer completely reliant on Desperation. She can now run it as an option for when her HP drops too low before Renewal can heal it back up or switch to a different skill, like Special Spiral or Lull Spd/Def.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's because most player-phase nukes do require Desperation or else they will die. That is a drawback and not a benefit because it locks their B slot to a single skill. "Meshing well with Desperation" puts this situation in a misleading positive light.

In the case of Lucina, because she has access to Renewal on her weapon, she is no longer completely reliant on Desperation. She can now run it as an option for when her HP drops too low before Renewal can heal it back up or switch to a different skill, like Special Spiral or Lull Spd/Def.

But Renewal takes a long time to heal and it does not heal enough. And if you bring a healer, Falchion's healing might as well not exist since its heals are so negligible. Relying on Renewal might be fine in Lunatic difficulty, Arena, or modes where there is less pressure on the player, but any map that has lots of units and/or reinforcements or turn limits renders that strategy unviable.

Desperation allows Lucina and any nuke to do combat after combat after combat, turn after turn after turn, limited only by the number of Dancers/Singers you bring. An Enemy Phase unit needs some kind of pause between combat and Renewal is too slow to keep up with combat demands.

21 hours ago, XRay said:

His Atk is pretty low though and you cannot get that Atk up with a nature, so his lack of damage output could be a big problem if he is running Galeforce. I run Galeforce +Atk Cordelia but she has 38 base Atk so she can afford to forgo a damage Special.

Scarlet Blade [special] — Scarlet Blade [Spd]
Reposition
Galeforce
Swift Sparrow
Desperation
Savage Blow
Flashing Blade

Swift Sparrow is only on SR!Laegjarn right now, so you have to make do with Life and Death in the meantime if you do not have her available as fodder. I do not recommend really recommend other A skills since he really needs all the help he can get in Atk, and Swift Sparrow provides the most Atk consistently. If you can reliably get him into Desperation range, Brazen Atk/Spd is also an option and SR!Wolt has it right now, but keep in mind that it takes setup and it is not always easy to set it up. 

The poster mentioned him as an option for Aether Raids offense and I get the reasoning from why Galeforce would work. With Scarlet Sword's Killer effect and Quickened Pulse 2 unique refinement effects, Galeforce drops down to a permanent 4 cooldown and 2 cooldown on turn 1. All he needs to do as you noted with his seal, is hit once with Flashing Blade, or hit twice if he can double someone and there you go, Galeforce. In other words, it's very easy for Navarre to set up Galeforce at least for one time.

The problems are that as you noted, his attack isn't high, it's average at best with his 31 base, he's a gen 1 sword infantry meaning his movement won't be as flexible as a flier, later generation sword infantry are packing higher offenses and/or comparable or higher defenses, and he's a red which might not be great if the defense team is primarily blue or sports powerhouses like the ever present Reinhardt; and his defenses aren't great at 23/24 base. Specifically for Aether Raids, we currently don't have an astra or a light mythic who boosts attack. Naga boosts defense and Eir boosts resistance. On defense, Duma would boost attack, but the poster pointed Navarre out for offenses and as the poster also noted, Seliph would be a good defense option and with his miraculous bulk. In the future, though, an attack boosting astra or light mythic would really help him out.

The low defenses thing, especially after L&D3 and assuming he lives or with Fury's recoil, is a double-edged sword where the good is that he could be a good Wings of Mercy beacon for his allies and Galeforce would allow better positioning or if possible, allow him and his allies to take down several units in a turn. Considering this, Lunge would be a good option.

Lon'qu might have a harder time setting up Galeforce, but his offenses would be way higher and defenses way lower. Lon'qu was already like a +Spd, -Atk Navarre. Unique refined Solitary Blade's L&D3 gives Lon'qu an effective 34/44 offenses to Navarre's 31/37 who after merges would have effective 32/38 offenses as HP, Atk, and Spd are his highest stats. Slapping another L&D3 for his A passive because why not bumps him up to 39/49 effective offenses and hunting for a +Atk Lon'qu might not be difficult and he'd have 37/44 with L&D3 and 42/49 with L&D6.

It's interesting, though.

Edited by Kaden

I'm one of those who struggled a bit with some of the challenge maps in this game, but I threw Surtr in there and the effects he has seems to dominate most of them. Is it bad to rely so much on it? It's pretty much carried me for the most part, since it's a lot of damage for no risk at all.

30 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm one of those who struggled a bit with some of the challenge maps in this game, but I threw Surtr in there and the effects he has seems to dominate most of them. Is it bad to rely so much on it? It's pretty much carried me for the most part, since it's a lot of damage for no risk at all.

Not really, though you shouldn't get used to it: as maps get harder and harder, there will inevitably come a point where Surtr can't take the incoming punishment anymore. And it will not be a good reflection of how Surtr does in Arena combat, where player units are far more likely to be suited for bring down units like Surtr.

But for now, or at least in Player versus Computer-created unit battles, relying on Surtr is fine. You could come back to a completed challenge later with a different team if it really bothers you. There's plenty of people who do themed runs of certain challenges when possible, or just using not their OP team.

28 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

Do blessing bonuses add to arena score?

Yes, but only if you have a matching Legendary Hero.

On average, blessings add 2 points times the number of blessed characters times the number of Legendary Heroes of the matching element if the element is in season.

29 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

Which special should I give to Eliwood? Is aether the best option?

For scoring, Aether and Galeforce are the best options. (Ruptured Sky, Blue Flame, and exclusive Specials also tie for scoring since they cost the same amount of SP to learn.)

For performance, it depends on the build.

7 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Not really, though you shouldn't get used to it: as maps get harder and harder, there will inevitably come a point where Surtr can't take the incoming punishment anymore. And it will not be a good reflection of how Surtr does in Arena combat, where player units are far more likely to be suited for bring down units like Surtr.

But for now, or at least in Player versus Computer-created unit battles, relying on Surtr is fine. You could come back to a completed challenge later with a different team if it really bothers you. There's plenty of people who do themed runs of certain challenges when possible, or just using not their OP team.

Yeah, I was talking against the computer. Like the multi challenge maps, for example. It doesnt bother me, I just find it funny, is all.

It looks to me like Dimitri has an atk/def focus, but mine's -atk and +HP. Should I bother training up this one and someday get rid of his bane with a merge (+HP seems good on him) or should I wait for one that's +atk or whatever?

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

It looks to me like Dimitri has an atk/def focus, but mine's -atk and +HP. Should I bother training up this one and someday get rid of his bane with a merge (+HP seems good on him) or should I wait for one that's +atk or whatever?

If you plan to use him, then I would train him up regardless of his nature. You might as well use him in the meantime while you wait for a better nature.

I personally recommend +Atk or +Def. +Atk is better if you use him as a Player Phase more. +Def is better if you use him more as an Enemy Phase unit.

Dual Phase:
+Atk/Def
Noble Lance
Reposition
Moonbow
Atk/Def Solo
Lull Atk/Def
(Any C) — Rouse Atk/Def
Heavy Blade
Basically Edelgard on a horse.

Player Phase: Noble Lance
+Atk
Noble Lance
Reposition
Moonbow — Galeforce
Death Blow
Desperation
Savage Blow
Heavy Blade
Noble Lance-Desperation-Savage Blow allows Dimitri to basically act as a Desperation nuke. After his first round of combat, Noble Lance-Savage Blow gives him "infinite" Spd to activate Desperation once both his HP and nearby enemies' HP are down. You can go with Moonbow if you want to ensure his first target dies, or you can go with Galeforce so he can move again.

Player Phase: Brave Lance
+Atk
Brave Lance
Reposition
Moonbow
Death Blow
Lull Atk/Def
(Any C)
Heavy Blade

Enemy Phase:
+Def
Noble Lance
Swap — Reposition
Bonfire
Steady Stance — (Any A that boosts Def or Atk/Def)
Lull Atk/Def
Atk Smoke
Steady Stance — Close Def

Edited by XRay

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Hawk King @Astellius @NegativeExponents- @SatsumaFSoysoy @Alexmender @Ice Dragon @XRay @LordFrigid @Landmaster @Nanima @Rezzy @silverserpent @Infinite Dreams @Humanoid @Xenomata @Kaden @Hilda @eclipse @Ginko @Tybrosion

Hey guys. Give me your ear for a bit cause we're doing the unit building thing again. I think I can count on one hand how many times I've done something like this but once again I'm working on a mega unit project. You've seen Matthew, Nino and Lukas. Chrom needs 2 more merges and Morgan needs 3 but the latter is pretty much done as far as the build goes. Today I'm revisiting an old unit that I planned to +10 quite some time ago.

ODVBade.png

My favorite healer. A big mouth, super annoying and yet somehow lovable. The first healer I ever met in FE and funnily enough the first healer I ever pulled in FEH. Since the beginning her (and Matthew) were the colorless units I wanted to invest in but after seeing how underwhelming they both were (and my lack of resources) I put them on the backburner. As you know I went back and completed Matthew but Serra was left in the dust. I hope to rectify that soon. With my just pulling Dazzling Staff fodder, this feels like the perfect time.

Now... Serra's greatest boon has also been her greatest weakness: she's a jack of all trades. A trait she shares with Sakura. Lachesis hits harder, Maria is faster, Lucius and Wrys have superior RES (and ATK in Lucius' case) and Azama destroys her in bulk. Because of this she can fill any role but in most cases there's a unit or two who can do it better, even in the normal pool. That didn't stop me with Matthew however and it won't stop me here. Only thing is that unlike Matt who I always had a clear Idea for in terms of build, Serra's future is a lot more ambiguous, which is why you guys are here: help me build her.

1. Which nature?

+SPD is what I'm planning on for her nature. However if she runs Ploys then her RES doesn't cut it anymore in today's meta and +RES is the better option. In some cases if she wants to run Close Counter then +DEF could be a better option. Should I stick to +SPD or consider alternatives. Ploys are kind of outdated at this point but I may not have a +RES copy once I give her the last few merges. I have +ATK but +SPD is far more valuable for her so it's not even an option, really.

2. Which Build/What kind of build?

Here I've got a list of builds, most of which I have all the fodder for so I'm doing some theorycrafting but most of it is realistic, so I'd like you guy's input on some stuff. You can tell me what you think of these builds or you can tell me what you think is a good build for her also. For these builds she's going to be +10 and +5 DF since that's the most realistic DF amount for her for the near future.

She will get a PRF in the future when healers start getting them, probably in a big version update. But for now she's using normal staffs and I've always enjoyed the idea of using her Absorb staff so that's my primary interest even in units like Lachesis/Azama may use them better. You'll see all manner of builds though, I know it's hard to make a unit like Serra a frontline unit, but I'm really interested in trying. Ok let's go.

1. Mystic Marksman

Spoiler

qhuDIgh.png

I have 3 Elincias so plenty of ATK/SPD Push 3 fodder and the idea of running it on a build like this interests me quite a bit. Her SPD and ATK boost up to 44/47 and with Mystic Boost she will recover 5 HP instead of losing 1 HP each round of combat as well as locking down dragons from killing her. Even ATK Wave gives her a nice boost to take her up to 50 for improved damage/healing and Chill ATK 3 doubles as support and self sustain (Chill SPD 3 could be an alternative also). And of course Miracle because lolyourenotkillingher.

2. Old Fashioned Pain

Spoiler

T17DsKL.png

The CC Vantage set bores me, it would likely be something I ran on a cav healer instead. For Serra it's just the usual Pain+ set. Super potent, though it's done better on a cav healer obviously because of the mobility. She'll likely get this eventually anyway, but I put it here since she has a higher damage potential than Genny or Priscilla, even more so with ATK/SPD Bond 3.

3. Genny's Successor

Spoiler

IVIuWl5.png

You should remember a similar build to this in Genny from my old Matthew clears, except Genny ran Hone ATK/SPD in her slots. For Serra she's more defense-focused. It's a general support build with a lot of versatility. But Razzle/Dazzle is a must for it.

4. The Statbot

Spoiler

V2uaFxK.png

This build focuses purely on support. She buffs one of her strongest allies and debuffs the enemy team. This build utilizes both a Chill and Ploys. She could run double chills and a ploy as an alternative but the issue with this build is that I'm sacking my only seasonal Genny and also that 41 RES isn't all that great for Ploys anymore. Even less if she runs with a likely +SPD asset. It's possible to just run a chill in the S slot and some form of support in the C slot, but I'm not married to the idea.

5. Assassin

Spoiler

JfN0HsK.png

This build is less about self sustain and more about damage. The name of this build's game is to attack, take a hit, get a massive buff to damage, then heal up and do it all over again. Once in miracle range it's just free damage until it procs and she heals up to do it all again. The ATK/SPD 2 seal is there to bolster her overall attack power rather than relying on situational stat increases. Chill RES could be replaced with Razzle Dazzle but it hinders her damage ceiling. 

6. Matthew's Protege

Spoiler

jq725fE.png

A very expensive build that would require either sacking my only Takumi and one of my 3 Eirs on my AR team or pulling both a Takumi and an Eir in the current and upcoming banners. This is the BnB neverdie set. She takes damage, she heals it back and heals after combat. She laughs at dragons and if you hurt her you make her angry and she gets a massive boost to her attack power and a much needed speed boost. Her C skill holds limitless potential in boosting her attack power or bulk with a wave skill or something like Joint Hone SPD (should fodder arrive). It's an extremely expensive build but one with quite a bit of payoff.

7. Who me? I'm HELPLESS!!

Spoiler

mcvMthA.png

This is the "good luck killing her" build. A complete theory craft as I don't have either Witchy Want or Fort. DEF/RES. Her bulk is nonsense for a healer, she's difficult to double. She seals your specials with no fear of retaliation and she Chills your ATK just to be a jerk. She could run Swift Stance too just to reliably shut down doubles. Infantry Breath is just there, she could run anything in her seal slot, it doesn't even matter but it could be something like Even/Odd DEF wave just to irritate physical attackers trying to kill her.

8. Vampire Priest

Spoiler

0CuZAji.png

Initially this build had Mysitic Boost which was just overkill, instead Dazzling Shuts down counterattacks, Push gives her an offensive boost and Renewal covers any healing inbetween turns. Even DEF wave gives her 32/38 bulk to make her just a bit more tanky. This build is another one of those "staying alive" builds.

9. Lachesis 0.5

Spoiler

3MLLfcB.png

One of Lachesis old builds. QR removes the need for speed and she ploys more reliably while still being able to retaliate up close. Somewhat boring honestly. 

3. Support partner?

I rarely use the Ally Support feature as it turns out. But most of my invested units have partners. Generally, my main units have dancer partners. I could go the same route as Serra, or perhaps not. Just going to touch on a few potential ones. I really need some help though.

Spoiler

50px-Elincia_Estival_Princess_Face_FC.pn - She dances, she contributes to both SPD and DEF with her B-Skill, she shuts down dragons, one of Serra's weaknesses without Mystic Boost, and she comes with Drive RES by default. Further boosting Serra's tankiness. She's a solid choice honestly.

50px-Marth_Hero-King_Face_FC.png?version - Completely obliterates dragons, special buffs up Serra and infantry Flash enables Serra to activate 1 turn Miracle which cannot be understated in value. It's utter nonsense what Serra is capable of with Infantry Flash and Marth brings that while bolstering team durability and doubling as a frontline unit and dragon slayer.

50px-Azura_Vallite_Songstress_Face_FC.pn - One could present the question why you would pick such a prestigious unit to support Serra. That reason being she's not supporting anyone and likely never will because I don't really use designated teams outside of my main 2. In Serra's case, she brings ATK Tactic to the table, freeing up Serra's C slot and buffs all 4 stats after dancing (nevermind the 3 mov) turning Serra into an effective fortress. Nevermind her overall team utility and WoM and all that good stuff.

50px-Nah_Little_Miss_Face_FC.png?version - New kid on the block. Her only real utility would be the Infantry Breath effect, but her utility cannot be understated.

50px-Soren_Shrewd_Strategist_Face_FC.png - Remember this guy? He can Chill 3 stats. A fantastic partner for anyone, including Serra. He also gets stronger when he's close to her which is a bonus.

50px-Lilina_Delightful_Noble_Face_FC.png - Similar to Soren, but she can debuff the most important stat without SI. She can also double as a WoM savior or Special Spiral nuclear bomb unit with the SI.

45px-Leanne_Forests_Song_Face_FC.png?ver - She provides +7 HP each turn. Outside of that, hard to justify considering they share a color and Leanne is better spent with beast units, especially Naesala. They just look nice together as a pair which is why she's here.

45px-Reyson_White_Prince_Face_FC.png?ver - The same as Leanne, though a bit better because he doesn't share a color.

I appreciate any input you guys can give.

@Zeo if you're going to run the ploy build, consider Panic+ as a staff.  That should obliterate every last buff.   If you're going for a ton of debuffs, Fear+/Slow+ are options as well.  Fear+ IMO is great for a defensive build, since it nukes attack in a big radius.  Though if you really want to be silly. . .

Partner: Summer Elincia with Spd Smoke somewhere in her kit
Weapon: Fear+ (Wrath)
Assist: Whatever you want
Special: Miracle
A: Brazen Atk/Spd 3
B: Dazzling Staff 3
C skill: Infantry Breath
S: Brazen Atk/Spd 3

Get down to 80% health, and have fun.  Elincia's job is to hit every stat Serra doesn't.  By the time those two are done, nearby enemies should be thoroughly debuffed, which should help Serra to proc Miracle.