"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Which banner has better odds of getting a Byleth (doesn't matter what gender)- New heroes for Female Byleth or the mythic banner for Male Byleth?

I'd happily take any of the red pitybreakers in the mythic so I'm sort of leaning slightly towards that but then again, sniping for a specific unit is a bit tricky. But not sure if it's still better than a 4 unit banner 

Edited by mcsilas

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Which banner has better odds of getting a Byleth (doesn't matter what gender)- New heroes for Female Byleth or the mythic banner for Male Byleth?

I'd happily take any of the red pitybreakers in the mythic so I'm sort of leaning slightly towards that but then again, sniping for a specific unit is a bit tricky. But not sure if it's still better than a 4 unit banner 

If literally the only thing you care about is a single focus character, 4-character banners (~3.0%) are slightly better than Legendary/Mythic Hero banners (~2.7%).

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

From the analysis I copied over to the Aether Raids thread here:

F Byleth orb cost: 126 median, 172 average

M Byleth orb cost: 145 median, 203 average

If you're wondering why the odds are less than the stated 3% for the regular banner and 8/3% for the Mythic banner, it's because the simulation accounts for the orb colours that you get per session and thus allows for the possibility of getting no reds on any given circle.

The M Byleth cost is actually the cost of a specific red unit in last month's Legendary banner, but as there were no demotions whatsoever in the month since then, the summoning pool is functionally identical to what it was last time.

Edited by Humanoid

Pulled a +Def/-Spd Sophia and I'm thinking of building her up because I'm bored. She's gonna get the standard -raven tome build of TA3 but is +Def is actually her best asset? If +Atk is better then I can always switch to one once I pull a copy.

5 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Pulled a +Def/-Spd Sophia and I'm thinking of building her up because I'm bored. She's gonna get the standard -raven tome build of TA3 but is +Def is actually her best asset? If +Atk is better then I can always switch to one once I pull a copy.

Both +Def and +Atk have their merits. For Triangle Adept, I'd lean towards +Atk, but only slightly. For Close Counter or Distant Def with Eternal Tome or Raudhrowl+, I'd lean towards +Def.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Legendary Hector showed up and to make the most of him, inheriting Distant Counter and Vengeful Fighter 3 to an armor would be nice. Problem is I don't know who. M!Grima, Idunn, and spooky Myrrh already have Vengeful Fighter, I don't have a Draug, Gwendolyn, or Sheena built or at least 5*, and Hector being an Armads axe armor makes things hilarious since other than M!Grima, he's likely to be anyone's Distant Counter axe armor.

That leaves Arden, Halloween Dorcas, Duma, Effie, LA Eliwood, CYL Ephraim, winter Lissa, and Zephiel. Arden doesn't really have the resistance, but Barrier Blade is available to him with Silvia being a 3* to 4* summonable unit, Effie exists to me, LA Eliwood might work Special Fighter better with his respectable speed as an armor, Halloween Dorcas, CYL Ephraim, and winter Lissa encounter the Hectors and M!Grima problem where I have three Distant Counter green armors, but Lissa's stat spread is at least different from theirs, and Zephiel along with Arden being a sword armor kind of deters me since I have the Black Knight and Zelgius, would have preferred Idunn or Myrrh having Distant Counter for a red Distant Counter dragon armor, and his resistance isn't very high even though unique refined Eckesachs would improve Zephiel's defenses against ranged units. That said, Duma and Zephiel might be the best choices. Duma in particular is on my anima defense team, so maybe being able to counter at range at the cost of defenses from his default Def/Res Solo when he's not adjacent to anyone might be worth it. Solo skill seals when?

On the subject of merging him since I do have another legendary Hector where the first one is +Res, -Spd while this second one is +Def, -Res, +Res works for me since it would allow him to take less damage from dragons, healers, and mages and his defense is fine considering Thunder Armads further increases it by 3. +Atk would have better overall combat and it's a superasset. Anyway, with three Hectors having Distant Counter, it's hard to merge when inheriting Distant Counter to someone can make them so much better.

Or I could be a dumbass and give CYL Hector Distant Counter because apparently he doesn't have it so that Ostian Counter can be an exclusive upgrade and allow people to get Distant Counter from him and Vengeful Fighter totally does not stacks with Maltet's >= 50% HP Quick Riposte.

Edited by Kaden

After a relatively disappointing summoning session I checked with the fodder I got and been thinking about what to do anord/ what not to do with my units.

Some stuff is easy, the six sullys I pulled will provide drawback, lol.

Anyway, I need some advice:

I pulled A!Tiki, Nowi and Fae

- all at +atk

Will they be good at +0? Are they still viable? Do they require +10 and heavy investment? Tierlistwise they seem to be not that bad (I am not too much into tier lists but still)

I got Cordelia at +atk

According to tier lists she has fallen a bit. Is she still worth investing? In the end I am gonna promote her anyway, since she has galeforce to pass on and I can get 6k feathers from her and use her for the time being, wouldn't want to invest skills into her, though.

Sothe at +atk

Was looking for a dagger use to pass splashy bucket onto. On the other hand he has LaD. What to make of this unit?

Lilina at neutral

SHould I wait until I manage to get a +atk dupe?

Oscar at +spd

Any point in investing in this dude?

Mae +atk or +spd / Tailtiu +spd

any of these untis worth investing? Which one is 'better'? Mae gets a refinement, so I guess I will wait and see what it is

Nana, Clarine, Priscilla

Horse pain healer - does it matter which one I choose?

@Nimrod I'll compare these to their direct F2P-friendly competition.

Tiki and Nowi are trivial to invest in, all they need is QR2 from Subaki and they're good to go. Fae is a little harder, it's common to give her Lightning Breath+ so she can be like the other two. They scale well with investment too of course, the most typical high-expense build being Steady/Warding Breath + Aether.

Cordelia has held up remarkably well due to her super-optimised statline. Other lance fliers have come with similar statlines since launch, notably Shigure, but none have outright surpassed her. Personally I'm waiting to see if either of them get a refinement before merging them up, but I get good service from my unmerged Cordelia. The other competition primarily comes from Catria (slaying weapon with conditional brave), Est (armour-effective weapon with conditional brave) and Clair (armour and horse-effective with Flashing Blade). Note that the former two rely on being in flier teams which makes them less versatile, though obviously it makes them the best at killing when you can activate their effects.

Sothe has LnD3 had 4* as noted, making him the only source of that skill at that rarity. It makes me really reluctant to merge him up, but he's probably the most offensively capable F2P-friendly option. The other second-gen infantry daggers are Legault (who has a similar issue with being a valuable source of Atk Tactic) and Kaze who is not as beastly offensively. I'm thinking upcoming GHB unit Kronya might be the way to go: lacking access to an offensive boon is unfortunate but she has a hefty BST bump over all your other options.

Lilina - yeah, wait for a +Atk copy unless you plan on merging.

Oscar technically has the best offensive stats of all the horse lancers. However it's a very close race so which one you choose to invest in ultimately should depend on which of their weapons you prefer. Abel has a (easy) conditional Brave, Roderick has a souped-up Firesweep Lance, and Peri and Oscar have Slaying variants making them suited for Desperation Galeforce shenanigans.

Without seeing Mae's new weapon which is unlikely to make up for her stat deficit, Tailtiu is fantastic and clearly the pick for F2P blue infantry mages. She even has two inbuilt weapon options which are both very competitive depending on your use cases.

Take your pick of the horse healers, though they tend to be expensive to build compared to pulling a single 5* exclusive one, especially if it's Veronica. I went with Nanna of the three there because of her superior offensive stats.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

@Nimrod I'll compare these to their direct F2P-friendly competition.

Tiki and Nowi are trivial to invest in, all they need is QR2 from Subaki and they're good to go. Fae is a little harder, it's common to give her Lightning Breath+ so she can be like the other two. They scale well with investment too of course, the most typical high-expense build being Steady/Warding Breath + Aether.

Cordelia has held up remarkably well due to her super-optimised statline. Other lance fliers have come with similar statlines since launch, notably Shigure, but none have outright surpassed her. Personally I'm waiting to see if either of them get a refinement before merging them up, but I get good service from my unmerged Cordelia. The other competition primarily comes from Catria (slaying weapon with conditional brave), Est (armour-effective weapon with conditional brave) and Clair (armour and horse-effective with Flashing Blade). Note that the former two rely on being in flier teams which makes them less versatile, though obviously it makes them the best at killing when you can activate their effects.

Sothe has LnD3 had 4* as noted, making him the only source of that skill at that rarity. It makes me really reluctant to merge him up, but he's probably the most offensively capable F2P-friendly option. The other second-gen infantry daggers are Legault (who has a similar issue with being a valuable source of Atk Tactic) and Kaze who is not as beastly offensively. I'm thinking upcoming GHB unit Kronya might be the way to go: lacking access to an offensive boon is unfortunate but she has a hefty BST bump over all your other options.

Lilina - yeah, wait for a +Atk copy unless you plan on merging.

Oscar technically has the best offensive stats of all the horse lancers. However it's a very close race so which one you choose to invest in ultimately should depend on which of their weapons you prefer. Abel has a (easy) conditional Brave, Roderick has a souped-up Firesweep Lance, and Peri and Oscar have Slaying variants making them suited for Desperation Galeforce shenanigans.

Without seeing Mae's new weapon which is unlikely to make up for her stat deficit, Tailtiu is fantastic and clearly the pick for F2P blue infantry mages. She even has two inbuilt weapon options which are both very competitive depending on your use cases.

Take your pick of the horse healers, though they tend to be expensive to build compared to pulling a single 5* exclusive one, especially if it's Veronica. I went with Nanna of the three there because of her superior offensive stats.

Thanks a lot! 

I have promoted the three dragons today, currently building them, definitely fun. Might  +10 them in the long run. I have two NY Hrids, so QR3 might be an option.

Sothe's weapon seems cool to me and I could build him into a dragon slayer, but will wait here.

I am also leaning towards tailtiu, will wait until I see Mae's refinement.

I am sort of torn between Tharja and Lilina atm, will wait until I make a decision.

I'd like to build Claude but I don't have many skills to fodder, so I'd like to find a low investment build. Are his B and C skills good? And which skills would be good as his special and his A slot?

15 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

I'd like to build Claude but I don't have many skills to fodder, so I'd like to find a low investment build. Are his B and C skills good? And which skills would be good as his special and his A slot?

Both his B and C make him better as a nuke, so there's no need to replace them.

Any A skill that boosts Attack or Speed is good, Death Blow/Darting Blow/Fury/Life and Death are the best low-investment options.

For his special, I would stick with Glimmer. Since he inflicts a large Def debuff he won't get as much mileage out of Moonbow, and other specials have higher cooldown.

33 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

@Humanoid

In regard to A!Tiki - breath of fog isn't good? Or is it only good when I can slap DC on her? Generally speaking is lightning breath only good until I can to give them DC?

Dragons generally want DC to take advantage of adaptive damage against ranged units. Unless they're player phase units, but A!Tiki doesn't have the stat spread or skillset to do that well.

4 hours ago, Kaden said:

Arden doesn't really have the resistance,

Bows are a thing.

I'd honestly just go with whoever you're likely to be using the most.

6 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

In regard to A!Tiki - breath of fog isn't good? Or is it only good when I can slap DC on her? Generally speaking is lightning breath only good until I can to give them DC?

If you need her to be able to counterattack ranged units, stick with Lightning Breath until you can give her Distant Counter, then switch to Breath of Fog. If you need her to handle tome users a bit better, stick with Lightning Breath+ [Res]. If you don't care about counterattacking ranged units and just need her to handle melee opponents, switch to Breath of Fog and use the unique refine.

4 hours ago, Nimrod said:

I got Cordelia at +atk

According to tier lists she has fallen a bit. Is she still worth investing?

All current tier lists that I'm aware of are outdated. Cordelia's 35/35 offenses are still considered top notch among lance fliers even if she has more competition now.

Sothe at +atk

Was looking for a dagger use to pass splashy bucket onto. On the other hand he has LaD. What to make of this unit?

Use this one and wait for more copies to use as fodder.

Lilina at neutral

If you have spare feathers, use this copy. If you don't have spare feathers, wait.

Oscar at +spd

Oscar has the best offensive stat spread among lance cavalry and recently got a new weapon to play with. If you're already using Legendary Ephraim, Abel, or Peri, then Oscar doesn't really bring much new to the table, but otherwise, I'd say he's worth putting in at least some effort.

any of these untis worth investing? Which one is 'better'? Mae gets a refinement, so I guess I will wait and see what it is

Mae is getting a new weapon, so it's hard to say until then. Until then, she's still fine running Blarblade.

Tailtiu having Wrath on her weapon is great. As long as you can keep her alive through her first round of combat.

Nana, Clarine, Priscilla

Not really, but if you're strapped for resources and don't have any personal preferences, I'd go for the one with the highest Atk.

5 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Dragons generally want DC to take advantage of adaptive damage against ranged units. Unless they're player phase units, but A!Tiki doesn't have the stat spread or skillset to do that well.

A wrench has the ability to be used as a hammer, but that doesn't mean you're obligated to use it as a hammer. Just because a unit has adaptive damage doesn't mean you have to consider building around that effect, either.

Tiki brings a lot more to the table than just adaptive damage, and focusing on building around that and ignoring everything else she can do (like the fact that Breath of Fog is literally a Falchion that targets Res) is short-sighted.

@Nimrod The comments above cover the relative strengths of the weapons fairly well, but I would say the more important factor is simply cost - specifically, Divine Dew cost. Even veteran players have to be very careful in how they spend the dew they've been collecting for years (well, a year and a half-ish). For a newer player, 200 dew is a huge investment, and I would suggest that it be reserved for units who benefit the most from it and who have no good generic alternatives. Tiki's default generic weapon is already very functional so I would suggest the resources be better spent elsewhere.

To give further examples, some Prf refines are like a cherry on top, such as Nino's where it simply adds a Wave skill, far from necessary to her performance. Some are absolutely essential parts to how the weapon operates, such as Est's, which is simply a slightly better Heavy Spear+ when unrefined (and indeed worse than a strength-refined Heavy Spear+), the key conditional Brave ability comes from the refine. Therefore for anyone who intends to invest in both units, using dew on Est's weapon is by far the better choice.

Edited by Humanoid

@Baldrick

Ty! Care explaining what adaptive damage is? Sorry...

@Ice Dragon

Ty! Precise answers! 

@Humanoid

Ty! I haven't even gotten 200 dew, lol. Sitting at 290 stones, though. But yeah, these resources have to be spent wisely!  I will just unlock both basic lightning breath and basic breath of fog and decide later which to refine. I got one DC (from the three houses game) and making a decision here is aweful - will probably wait until I get a second DC.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Bows are a thing. 

I'd honestly just go with whoever you're likely to be using the most. 

Yes, but most armors tend have good defense and of the sword armors, Zephiel is the only one with good resistance. Granted, Arden's and Draug's high HP helps cushion some of the damage, but it's not like having high resistance.

Well, that's a pickle. Considering I don't have Caineghis or fallen kid Tiki and my only other colorless melee unit with Distant Counter is F!Grima, Duma might be the best option as he'd be my only Distant Counter colorless armor.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's a fan-made term to refer to targeting the lower of the opponent's defenses for damage.

Got it!

Btw, if u had to choose between Tharja and Lilina. Which one would u promote? Both eventually? Which one first?

8 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Yes, but most armors tend have good defense and of the sword armors, Zephiel is the only one with good resistance. Granted, Arden's and Draug's high HP helps cushion some of the damage, but it's not like having high resistance.

Zephiel's Res is only 2 points higher than the lance armor with the lowest Res, which is Lukas with 22, and Lukas beats all other sword armors in Res. Which is sad and pretty much means you're better off either using Myrrh, Tharja, or a green or colorless armor take care of green tomes than to let Zephiel do it.

(And as much as I say bows are a thing, Sacae's Blessing is also a thing, so Distant Counter is still better used on a dragon or beast.)

8 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

Btw, if u had to choose between Tharja and Lilina. Which one would u promote? Both eventually? Which one first?

Tharja is better for general use. Lilina is more of a specialist for debuff-based teams, Arena Assault, or an Infantry Pulse Aether Raids defense team.

4 hours ago, Kaden said:

Legendary Hector showed up and to make the most of him, inheriting Distant Counter and Vengeful Fighter 3 to an armor would be nice. Problem is I don't know who. M!Grima, Idunn, and spooky Myrrh already have Vengeful Fighter, I don't have a Draug, Gwendolyn, or Sheena built or at least 5*, and Hector being an Armads axe armor makes things hilarious since other than M!Grima, he's likely to be anyone's Distant Counter axe armor.

That leaves Arden, Halloween Dorcas, Duma, Effie, LA Eliwood, CYL Ephraim, winter Lissa, and Zephiel. Arden doesn't really have the resistance, but Barrier Blade is available to him with Silvia being a 3* to 4* summonable unit, Effie exists to me, LA Eliwood might work Special Fighter better with his respectable speed as an armor, Halloween Dorcas, CYL Ephraim, and winter Lissa encounter the Hectors and M!Grima problem where I have three Distant Counter green armors, but Lissa's stat spread is at least different from theirs, and Zephiel along with Arden being a sword armor kind of deters me since I have the Black Knight and Zelgius, would have preferred Idunn or Myrrh having Distant Counter for a red Distant Counter dragon armor, and his resistance isn't very high even though unique refined Eckesachs would improve Zephiel's defenses against ranged units. That said, Duma and Zephiel might be the best choices. Duma in particular is on my anima defense team, so maybe being able to counter at range at the cost of defenses from his default Def/Res Solo when he's not adjacent to anyone might be worth it. Solo skill seals when?

On the subject or merging him since I do have another legendary Hector, the first one is +Res, -Spd while the second one is +Def, -Res. +Res works for me since it would allow him to take less damage from dragons, healers, and mages and his defense is fine considering Thunder Armads further increases it by 3. +Atk would have better overall combat and it's a superasset. Anyway, with three Hectors having Distant Counter, it's hard to merge when inheriting Distant Counter to someone can make them so much better.

Or I could be a dumbass and give CYL Hector Distant Counter because apparently he doesn't have it so that Ostian Counter can be an exclusive upgrade and allow people to get Distant Counter from him and Vengeful Fighter totally does not stacks with Maltet's >= 50% HP Quick Riposte.

I lean towards LA!Eliwood since you do not seem to have a blue Distant Counter armor unit yet. 32 Spd with Special Fighter is so-so if he is against other armor units, but against regular units, I think Bold Fighter/Vengeful is better. 32 Spd is really slow once you factor in that a lot of fast units have 35+ neutral Spd AND are running a stat boosting A skill.

In my opinion, units should generally avoid going for a Spd build unless they can easily achieve 40+ Spd easily.

3 hours ago, Nimrod said:

I pulled A!Tiki, Nowi and Fae

- all at +atk

Will they be good at +0? Are they still viable? Do they require +10 and heavy investment? Tierlistwise they seem to be not that bad (I am not too much into tier lists but still)

5 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

They are viable at +0, but as tanks, you want to merge them up as soon as possible to get more stats. While they will do fine with Fury for now, I highly recommend saving your Orbs for getting Steady Breath/Warding Breath fodder.

Even though I am a Player Phase player, I strongly recommend prioritizing saving Orbs for premium Enemy Phase skills over premium Player Phase skills. Player Phase units will do just fine with Fury or Life and Death, and many 5* ones come with Swift Sparrow. In my opinion, Enemy Phase units on the other hand really only shine once you give them premium A skills.

As Distant Counter units, you want to balance their Def/Res so they can handle mages. Running a Distant Counter build on a unit with crap Res is kind of a waste of Distant Counter in my opinion since mages and staff users make up the bulk of ranged units. For A!Tiki, I strongly recommend running Lightning Breath [Res[-Warding Breath to fix her Res. I do not recommend Breath of Fog unless you are running her strictly as a Def tank and forgo Distant Counter.

A!Tiki +Res
Lightning Breath [Res]
Swap
Bonfire
Warding Breath
Quick Riposte
(Any C) — Ward Dragons
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Def, Res, Def/Res)
Not factoring the Sacred Seal, this set up provide A!Tiki with perfectly balanced Def/Res.

A!Tiki +Def
Breath of Fog
Swap
Bonfire (with Steady Stance) — Ignis (with Steady Breath) — Aether (with Steady Breath)
Steady Stance — Steady Breath
Quick Riposte
(Any C)
Steady Stance
I lean towards Steady Stance as it got Guard built in. However, Steady Breath got much better damage output.

Nowi +Res
Lightning Breath [Def] (with Warding Breath-Bonfire) — Lightning Breath [Res] (with Steady Breath-Iceberg)
Swap
BonfireIceberg
Warding BreathSteady Breath
Quick Riposte
(Any C) — Ward Dragons
Not factoring the Sacred Seal, this set up provide Nowi with perfectly balanced Def/Res.

Fae +Res
Lightning Breath [Def] (with Warding Breath-Bonfire) — Lightning Breath [Res] (with Steady Breath-Iceberg)
Swap
BonfireIceberg
Warding BreathSteady Breath
Quick Riposte
(Any C) — Ward Dragons
Not factoring the Sacred Seal, this set up provide Nowi with perfectly balanced Def/Res.

1 hour ago, Nimrod said:

I have promoted the three dragons today, currently building them, definitely fun. Might  +10 them in the long run. I have two NY Hrids, so QR3 might be an option.

I strongly discourage foddering Special Heroes for skills that can be obtained from 3* and 4* units. NYOFAI!Hríd is far more valuable than the 20,000 Feathers that you can use to promote Subaki to 5*. The average player can get well over 10,000 Feathers every week, whereas NYOFAI!Hríd only comes once a year. Feathers are the least valuable of the valuable resources in the game.

I got Cordelia at +atk

According to tier lists she has fallen a bit. Is she still worth investing? In the end I am gonna promote her anyway, since she has galeforce to pass on and I can get 6k feathers from her and use her for the time being, wouldn't want to invest skills into her, though.

As far as I know, I have yet to see a tier list that is detailed enough to be practical, so I would take them with a grain of salt. The only mode that actually requires a tier list is Aether Raids because that is the most difficult mode. All other modes are much easier than Aether Raids and doing well in them boils down to resource management and/or spending money, rather than utilizing superior tactics.

I strongly recommend investing in Cordelia, but I would not recommend investing in her now until you reach Tier 18+ in Aether Raids when you need her to Galeforce enemy teams.

She runs the following:
Cordelia +Atk/Spd, Light Blessing/Dark Blessing
Slaying Lance [Spd]
Reposition
Galeforce
Life and Death — Swift Sparrow
Desperation
(Any C) — Savage Blow
Heavy Blade

Alternatively, if you have lots of Cordelias to spare in the future, you can a build a second one with a different skill set:

Cordelia +Atk/Spd
Firesweep Lance
Reposition
Galeforce — Moonbow — Luna — Blazing Wind — Growing Wind
Life and Death — Swift Sparrow
Hit and Run
(Any C) — Savage Blow
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Spd, Atk/Spd) — Heavy Blade

Sothe at +atk

He is decent. Depending on which mode you use him in, I lean towards +Spd if you are using him in Aether Raids to make sure he can double fast units, and +Atk is better if you are using him in modes like Arena or Arena Assault where Spd and performance are much less emphasized on defense teams in the higher scoring ranges. He is pretty cheap to build as he just needs Reposition and Desperation; I also recommend swapping out Glimmer for Moonbow, but I do not recommend doing so until you have lots of Moonbows to spare and not many units left to build.

Lilina at neutral

I recommend keeping this Lilina as is without merges for following strategy videos on YouTube just in case you need to, and do not give her any skills until you absolutely need to. I do not remember seeing her in any strategy videos, but it is better to be safe than sorry in my opinion.

Once you get another copy, you can do whatever you want with that copy. She is pretty flexible in terms of build.

Core build:
Lilina +Atk
Forblaze [Special]
Reposition
(Any)
Death Blow
(Any B)
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal)

Moonbow/Glacies Spam:
Lilina +Atk
Forblaze [Special]
Reposition
Moonbow — Glacies (with Special Spiral-Heavy Blade)
Death Blow
Special Spiral
(Any C) — Savage Blow — Res Smoke
Hardy Bearing — Heavy Blade

Blazing Spam:
Lilina +Atk
Forblaze [Special]
Reposition
Blazing Wind — Blazing Wind
Life and Death
Special Spiral

5 hours ago, Nimrod said:

Oscar at +spd

Similar to Cordelia, he can be a good Galeforcer, although not as good in my opinion since he is slowed down by terrain and he is not as strong as Cordelia unless he got allies nearby.

He can also be a regular nuke:
+Atk/Spd
Loyal Greatlance [special] — Loyal Greatlance [Spd]
Reposition
Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Spd, or Atk/Spd) — Heavy Blade

As for who is better, as nukes, both work a bit differently. 

Until Mae's Weapon is revealed, she is a pure Blade mage for now. Blade mages are easy to use and can generally handle most tanks.

Mae +Spd
Blárblade
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Spd, or Atk/Spd)

Tailtiu has lots of options. She can stick with her Blárblade, but she can also either emulate Ishtar to get insane Spd or emulate Ophelia to spam Specials. I recommend emulating Ishtar as emulating Ophelia is kind of difficult you need to set up her HP to get into Wrath range.

Tailtiu +Atk/Spd
Blárblade
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Desperation
(Any C)

Tailtiu +Atk/Spd
Tome of Thoron [special]
Reposition
Moonbow
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Spd, or Atk/Spd) — Flashing Blade

Tailtiu +Atk
Tome of Thoron [Atk]
Reposition
Blazing Wind (if you are using her) — Blazing Light (if you are putting her in a defense team)
Life and Death
Special Spiral
Hardy Bearing

Tailtiu +Atk
Tome of Thoron [Atk]
Reposition
Moonbow — Luna
Death Blow
Special Spiral

5 hours ago, Nimrod said:

Nana, Clarine, Priscilla

Priscilla +Atk if you are not investing any strong A skills (Atk/Spd Solo or Atk/Spd Push). If you are investing a strong A skill, then Nanna +Atk would be better.

Without a strong A skill, staff users are not likely to double fast units and they will double slow units anyways, so there is no point in boosting their Spd with Speed +3 does not really do anything for them. Priscilla has higher Atk so she will deal the most damage assuming she only hits once. Nanna is better if you have the resources to invest in her as she can double units for a lot more damage.

Weak A Skill:
Staff User +Atk
Pain [Dazzling Staff] — Pain [Wrathful Staff] — Gravity [Dazzling Staff] — Gravity [Wrathful Staff]
(Any Assist)
(Any Special)
Attack +3
Wrathful Staff — Dazzling Staff
(Any C) — Savage Blow
Savage Blow — Attack +3

Strong A Skill:
Staff User +Atk/Spd
Pain [Dazzling Staff] — Pain [Wrathful Staff] — Gravity [Dazzling Staff] — Gravity [Wrathful Staff]
(Any Assist)
(Any Special)
Atk/Spd Solo
Wrathful Staff — Dazzling Staff
(Any C) — Savage Blow
Attack +3 — Speed +3 — Savage Blow

2 hours ago, Yukiko said:

If you are using him yourself manually (so he is not on a defense team being used by the AI), I strongly recommend replacing Lull Spd/Def with Desperation. Without Desperation, Claude is a one shot pony he takes his first counterattacks as he simply does not have the bulk to eat anymore counterattacks and he is not strong enough to one shot things unless it is a flier or something.
Claude +Atk/Spd
Cunning Bow
Reposition
Glimmer
Fury — Life and Death
Desperation
Def Smoke

Alternatively, if you have Claude +Atk, he can emulate Reinhardt, although optimizing it is more expensive as you need Lull Atk/Def:
Claude +Atk
Brave Bow
Reposition
Moonbow
Death Blow
Lull Atk/Def — Lull Spd/Def
Def Smoke
Heavy Blade

3 hours ago, Nimrod said:

I am sort of torn between Tharja and Lilina atm, will wait until I make a decision.

3 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

They are different types of nukes. Tharja is a Desperation nuke while Lilina is a one shot nuke. I recommend investing in both, but if you are have limited resources, I recommend going with Tharja first, as Blade mages are more flexible and they can function as one shot nukes with enough buffs. One shot nukes require less setup and are less dependent on buffs, so they are even easier to use, but they struggle against Res walls as they are generally too slow to double Res walls reliably.

Tharja +Atk/Spd
Tharja's Hex [special]
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Spd, or Atk/Spd) — Heavy Blade — Flashing Blade

@XRay

Thanks for the insight and the effort! Will bookmark your reply.

In regard to NY Hrid, why do you think he is so valuable? I generally have a dislike for limited units (because they are limited) and view them as fodder for common units, in case I occasionally pull them

Especially NY Hrid seems somewhat boring to me and hone atk 4 might serve better elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, Nimrod said:

In regard to NY Hrid, why do you think he is so valuable? I generally have a dislike for limited units (because they are limited) and view them as fodder for common units, in case I occasionally pull them

Flying tanks with a stat spread as optimized as NYOFAI!Hríd are rare. In fact, he has the best optimized stat spread for balanced Def/Res tanking out of all fliers in my opinion.

For Def tanking, the only red flying unit that comes close is Laegjarn. For flying units in general, there is also Beruka, Haar, Michalis, Subaki, Valter, and Tanith; Beruka has 1 more Def but her Atk is complete crap, and all other units have both less Atk and Def. All these Def tanks also have lower Res or complete crap Res, so they are either not as suitable for Def/Res tanking or are completely unsuitable for it.

For Res tanking, his Res is in the middle so he is not amazing in that regard, but no other Res tank got both the Atk and Def that he got.

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

obligated

I'm not the Fehsion police.

Tiki brings a lot more to the table than just adaptive damage, and focusing on building around that and ignoring everything else she can do (like the fact that Breath of Fog is literally a Falchion that targets Res) is short-sighted.

For reasons, I recommend sticking to one build, and in general, Lightning Breath is better. If one switches weapons around, there's no reason not to use Breath of Fog when it's effective, but there are better weapons to refine.

Edited by Baldrick

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Zephiel's Res is only 2 points higher than the lance armor with the lowest Res, which is Lukas with 22, and Lukas beats all other sword armors in Res. Which is sad and pretty much means you're better off either using Myrrh, Tharja, or a green or colorless armor take care of green tomes than to let Zephiel do it.

(And as much as I say bows are a thing, Sacae's Blessing is also a thing, so Distant Counter is still better used on a dragon or beast.)

I wanted to bring that up, but I didn't want to come off as saying Zephiel's 24 resistance was so low and not usable. If only the GHB units were summonable. +Res Zephiel would have 28 resistance and that would have been nice. Maybe Meg will be our savior in this dark times of low resistance sword armors. Or CYL Micaiah with people joking about her wearing the Black Knight's armor and wielding Alondite. And cue CYL Eliwood wielding a fourth variation of Durandal and having good resistance.

11 hours ago, XRay said:

I lean towards LA!Eliwood since you do not seem to have a blue Distant Counter armor unit yet. 32 Spd with Special Fighter is so-so if he is against other armor units, but against regular units, I think Bold Fighter/Vengeful is better. 32 Spd is really slow once you factor in that a lot of fast units have 35+ neutral Spd AND are running a stat boosting A skill.

In my opinion, units should generally avoid going for a Spd build unless they can easily achieve 40+ Spd easily.

I know my post was long and maybe it wasn't clear, but I did mention CYL Hector. I also have those legendary kid Tikis from a while ago when I asked which one I should keep, the +Res or the +Spd one, and if I should use one to give Fierce Breath and Bold Fighter to Zelgius. Still haven't done that if you're wondering, so I still have my two poncho kids.

The idea with Special Fighter Eliwood is that he's fast for an armor, especially a blue one, and HP, Atk, and Spd being his highest stats means if I were to merge him since he is someone I have been considering as a grail merge project, his 32 speed would go up to 37. With a speed refined lance, he'd have 40 Spd. Except for legendary kid Tiki (35), I don't have any of the other fast blue armors like LA Lyn (36), Halloween Niles (39), or winter Robin (34). If I consider the other armors, then after legendary kid Tiki, my fastest armors are the Black Knight and Halloween Henry (34) and a +Atk, -Spd Zelgius and +Atk, -HP winter Lissa (30). Amelia would have been an obvious choice with how unique refined Grado Poleax works while picnic Felica, GD Ike, and fallen kid Tiki come with Special Fighter. For a slow, Special Fighter armor, there's Duma, Idunn, spooky Myrrh, and if I had them, Caineghis, maybe winter Ephraim, winter Fae, GD Greil, picnic Lukas, Surtr, and winter Tharja because of their high bulk and/or very high attack.

So far, Duma's looking like the better option. For my Distant Counter armors, reds have the Black Knight and Zelgius, blues have CYL Hector and legendary kid Tiki (x2), and greens have Hector, legendary Hector, and M!Grima while colorless has none because I don't have Caineghis or fallen kid Tiki. If you add in the other movement types, then reds add in Hrid, PoR Ike, vanguard Ike, legendary Ryoma, and Xander, blues add in Camus, Fjorm, and Nailah, greens add in Dorcas, and colorless only has F!Grima making her the only colorless DC unit which isn't saying much when colorless only has seven melee units, Caineghis, fallen F!Corrin, Duma, F!Grima, Leanne, fallen kid Tiki, and Velouria.

15 hours ago, Nimrod said:

I have two NY Hrids, so QR3 might be an option.

If you're going to use New Year's Hrid for Quick Riposte 3, then I suggest grabbing Geishun+ or Hone Atk 4 as well. Don't just grab QR3 and call it a day. For QR3 and Geishun+, you could just inherit QR1 and Geishun+. With Geishun+ being a support weapon, any sword dancer with Hone Atk 3 inherited or by default could be a good idea since you could get Geishun+ and Hone Atk 4 on them. For QR3 and Hone Atk 4, inherit QR2 from someone and inherit Hone Atk 3 from someone to get QR3 and Hone Atk 4 from NY Hrid. If you have a legendary Azura, then maybe considering burning one for Hone Atk 4 and either Atk/Def Bond 3 or QR3 whichever suits your fancy for legendary Azura.

Basically, inherit things carefully to maximize what you can get and in my opinion, if you want QR3, burning 20k feathers to 5* Subaki or even Klein who offers Death Blow 3 as a 4* seems like a better idea considering what NY Hrid currently offers, Hone Atk 4, isn't on anyone else, particularly someone in the regular summoning pool, at the moment. QR on the other hand has been in the regular summoning pool since launch with Leo and Subaki where Subaki is 3* to 4* summonable.

Edited by Kaden