"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

40 minutes ago, Thane said:

What Heroes benefits the most from both DC and Null C Disrupt? I just got a spare Nailah, and I was thinking of giving her to fallen Corrin, but maybe that's overkill and she'd just rather have DC and another B slot? 

Damn, 240 orbs left and I don't know what to go for. Another Sothis perhaps, as I pulled a -Spd one... 

F.Byleth would enjoy these 2 skills. With her sky high speed she can hard counter RazzleDazzle healers and all Firesweep weapons. Her seal slot should be Darting Stance for maximum enemy phase follow up attack.

Creator Sword + Null C disrupt come together is just awesome. But take note that this build can't handle Reinhardt or Ophelia.

M.Byleth can pull the same thing but he already have DC.

Another unit with similar result would be Nah, but only change her seal slot to QR.

Edited by Ginko

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

Her seal slot should be Darting Stance for maximum enemy phase follow up attack.

She should be running either Quick Riposte to guarantee a double or Fierce Stance to hit even harder with her guaranteed Ruptured Heaven activation.

30 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

She should be running either Quick Riposte to guarantee a double or Fierce Stance to hit even harder with her guaranteed Ruptured Heaven activation.

That depend on what are you prioritize, QR seal ensure her follow up. But then again QR will be nothing if she face her mirror match or any Null Follow up unit to cancel her QR.

I suggest Darting Stance for raw speed.

And for more reason, Why should waste QR seal on a unit who already high speed? When many more slow or Armors unit need that QR seal except you don't mind switching seal everytime.

Edited by Ginko

On 8/1/2019 at 1:31 AM, Humanoid said:

Raven - Don't have him at 5* yet, but eminently mergeable and likely pretty scary potentially firing off a Luna/Draconic Aura every turn. Actually, he can do single turn Galeforce reliably with Infantry Flash, can't he? Hmm...

I forgot to talk about this, but if you are okay with using grails to merge a unit up, Linus is also a good choice. The merge update from a few months ago really helped him out as at +10 merge and offensively, Linus trades 1 speed for 1 attack compared to a +Atk Raven.

I made a post about a while back.

And if you're like me who gives blessings based on a character's affinity if they have one, then Linus's affinity in Blazing Blade is thunder where thunder blessings don't exist, but fire does and that works considering Hector is a legendary hero of fire. Considering who they are, Linus's and Lloyd's affinities were probably intentional as they match Hector and Eliwood; Linus and Hector share a thunder affinity and Lloyd and Eliwood share an anima affinity. Raven on the other hand has an ice affinity.

@Kaden I have my pick of Raven natures and I like him far better than Linus as a character, so even if they had the same opportunity cost, I'd go Raven. I do have a 5* Linus though from back in the day where I needed axes for AA as my offensive infantry axe options before Ylgr were extraordinarily limited, with just him and Barst. However, I just can't justify spending dew on a unit who will not get merges.

That said, I still don't actually have a candidate for grail expenditure. I'm sort of clinging onto some hope that a flying mage who I can stand looking at will turn up. It's a bit odd having the opposite problem to most people in that I don't really want to invest in any of the available options.

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

That depend on what are you prioritize, QR seal ensure her follow up. But then again QR will be nothing if she face her mirror match or any Null Follow up unit to cancel her QR.

I suggest Darting Stance for raw speed.

Null Follow-up is not common enough of a skill to be worth scrapping Quick Riposte for.

The purpose of Darting Stance is generally not to grant your unit a follow-up but to prevent the opponent from performing a follow-up. Byleth is already extremely fast and is generally not at risk of being doubled.

When fully built, the only match-up where Darting Stance is likely to outperform Quick Riposte is against Mareeta.

2 hours ago, Ginko said:

And for more reason, Why should waste QR seal on a unit who already high speed? When many more slow or Armors unit need that QR seal except you don't mind switching seal everytime.

Because Spd creep is a thing.

And Sacred Seals are free to switch around.

And a ton of armors these days already come with Vengeful Fighter.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

The purpose of Darting Stance is generally not to grant your unit a follow-up but to prevent the opponent from performing a follow-up. Byleth is already extremely fast and is generally not at risk of being doubled

Well then, Do you really understand the concept of Creator Sword+ Null C Disrupt? It is enemy phase build that counter RazzleDazzle healers and Firesweep Sweep weapons so don't expect me to use this build to speed duel anything other than that or use him/her on player phase if not necessary.

And you can't deny me when you carry a slower unit who require QR seal more than Byleth on same team. Then Byleth should use Darting Stance or Fierce Stance seal just like you said.

Because Spd creep is a thing.

This is 2nd time I saw you use this sentence (not on me but someone else). I agree with you but Spd is not everything. (and I don't want to say magic is everything)

Spd creep is not a big problem when it's not just 1 vs 1. It's team vs team so instead of changing seal just to win a little more match up. Why not rely on other teammates? That's sound a lot easier and make more sense.

And a ton of armors these days already come with Vengeful Fighter.

Vengeful Fighter is not that powerful.Bold Fighter prove to be more scary than Vengeful. Vengeful Fighter has some merit on very defensive Armor unit but Special Fighter outshine it. And QR seal is a cherry on top of Special Fighter build in general. Only few faster Armor or weapon exception that can run Special Fighter without QR seal.

Edited by Ginko

11 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Well then, Do you really understand the concept of Creator Sword+ Null C Disrupt? It is enemy phase build that counter RazzleDazzle healers and Firesweep Sweep weapons so don't expect me to use this build to speed duel anything other than that or use him/her on player phase if not necessary.

And you can't deny me when you carry a slower unit who require QR seal more than Byleth on same team. Then Byleth should use Darting Stance or Fierce Stance seal just like you said.

Even if a build is designed to fight one specific type of enemy, you should still try to fill your skill slots with skills that provide general utility whenever possible if it does not hinder your specific need.

Darting Stance does not provide significant benefits over Quick Riposte in either your specific use case or in the general use case, so there's no reason to use the inferior skill.

Most of my units that would be using Quick Riposte are already using it on their B slot. If the Quick Riposte Sacred Seal is more necessary for another unit, then Fierce Stance is the next best option, not Darting Stance.

15 minutes ago, Ginko said:

This is 2nd time I saw you use this sentence (not on me but someone else). I agree with you but Spd is not everything. (and I don't want to say magic is everything)

Spd creep is not a big problem when it's not just 1 vs 1. It's team vs team so instead of changing seal just to win a little more match up. Why not rely on other teammates? That's sound a lot easier and make more sense.

Relying on your teammates is not mutually exclusive with redundancy. Teammates can be worn out just as easily as the unit itself, and having a team with overlap in their roles gives you more options.

If it doesn't cost the unit or the team anything to increase the number of match-ups that a unit can handle, there is no good reason to not take the option to double up on specific match-ups.

21 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Vengeful Fighter is not that powerful.Bold Fighter prove to be more scary than Vengeful. Vengeful Fighter has some merit on very defensive Armor unit but Special Fighter outshine it. And QR seal is a cherry on top of Special Fighter build in general. Only few faster Armor or weapon exception that can run Special Fighter without QR seal.

Vengeful Fighter is generally more powerful for player-controlled units because it doesn't require you to break formation to make use of it. Bold Fighter is generally more powerful for enemy-controlled units because they do not care if they end up out of position after they have killed one of the player's units.

Special Fighter is a niche skill specifically because it requires either another skill to make it viable or a rare stat spread. Quick Riposte is not the "cherry on top". It's almost always an absolute requirement (when a comparable skill isn't on an exclusive weapon), which significantly limits the usefulness of Special Fighter.

Finally, whether or not a unit wants the Quick Riposte Sacred Seal more than Byleth is entirely dependent on your team composition. When optimizing a unit's builds, all Sacred Seals should be considered first with alternatives given if optimal seals are already in use. Assuming that an optimal seal is already in use and only suggesting the alternatives is not how one gives good advice.

42 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Most of my units that would be using Quick Riposte are already using it on their B slot. If the Quick Riposte Sacred Seal is more necessary for another unit, then Fierce Stance is the next best option, not Darting Stance.

That is your thing, not my thing. If you have anything to add you should quote Thane, the questioner, not me. And I didn't intent to suggest anything to you at all.

And you are annoying everytime I give advice to someone and then you quote me not the questioner everytime.

42 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Finally, whether or not a unit wants the Quick Riposte Sacred Seal more than Byleth is entirely dependent on your team composition. When optimizing a unit's builds, all Sacred Seals should be considered first with alternatives given if optimal seals are already in use. Assuming that an optimal seal is already in use and only suggesting the alternatives is not how one gives good advice.

This again, throw your racket at me.

That is not for you to judge wheter I advice good thing or bad thing. It's the questioner who should think over by themselves, not you.

I come to advice with my goodwill to help the questioner. It's not like I give my advice and they have to believe me 100%, hell no. My advice is a single idea that anyone can adjust or change to their style. 

And I never need your knowledge to clarify me everything because I enjoy the game as who I am. But what you do here is quoting me while I never begin a question on this thread. 

Edited by Ginko

7 minutes ago, Ginko said:

And you are annoying everytime I give advice to someone and then you quote me not the questioner everytime.

That is because I am responding to you because I am taking issue with your advice.

8 minutes ago, Ginko said:

That is not for you to judge wheter I advice good thing or bad thing. It's the questioner who should think over by themselves, not you.

Actually, it is. This is a public forum. If you think someone else's advice is inaccurate, you have every right to tell them that you think they are wrong and bring up arguments as to why you think so.

13 minutes ago, Ginko said:

I come to advice with my goodwill to help the questioner. It's not like I give my advice and they have to believe me 100%, hell no. My advice is a single idea that anyone can adjust or change to their style. 

Goodwill is fine and all, but unintentional mistakes are still mistakes. If I'm unknowingly handing out poison apples believing them to be safe, then my goodwill is causing harm and my mistake should be pointed out and corrected.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Actually, it is. This is a public forum. If you think someone else's advice is inaccurate, you have every right to tell them that you think they are wrong and bring up arguments as to why you think so.

Nothing is wrong here, the wrong thing is you trying to pick a fight with me.

I did not expect anyone to quote me after I answer a random question from someone I don't even know and don't even care wheter it's accurate or not. Thank me later or not. Advice is still advice nothing else. So it's not your authority to judge me because my advice base on my experience not your experience. If you want to answer base on your experience you can quote the questioner yourself. Mind your own business.

8 minutes ago, Ginko said:

I did not expect anyone to quote me after I answer a random question from someone I don't even know and don't even care wheter it's accurate or not.

You must not come to this thread very often, then. Back-and-forth between people here about answers to questions is fairly common. If you don't want people potentially replying to your post, don't post.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You must not come to this thread very often, then. Back-and-forth between people here about answers to questions is fairly common. If you don't want people potentially replying to your post, don't post.

You can find the post by yourself. When is the last time we argue something like this? It's my choice to come here anytime I want. 

10 hours ago, Flipz said:

So I'm not sure whether to ask this here or in the Three Houses forum, but...

Does anyone know the name of the track that plays in the Three Houses Tap Battle boss battles?  It was a massive jam, and I'd like to be able to listen to it cleanly and outside of gameplay.

When you tap on a stage, a pop-up screen will show up with a green <Fight> and a red <Back> buttons. On that same pop-up screen, above the green <Fight> button are three buttons with various icons. If you tap the music note <♫> button to the right, it will tell you the name of the song.

8 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Is Legendary Alm workable with +HP/-Atk?

Because I pulled one with those IVs and I don't know how much of an impact it will have to his stats.

Just now, TheSilentChloey said:

Anyone know about how workable a +HP/-Atk Legendary Alm is?  I kind of need to know please.

Sorry about the wait.

-Atk is not ideal, but I would just use him for now in the meantime. You can fix his nature later when you get a second copy.

7 hours ago, Thane said:

What Heroes benefits the most from both DC and Null C Disrupt? I just got a spare Nailah, and I was thinking of giving her to fallen Corrin, but maybe that's overkill and she'd just rather have DC and another B slot? 

Damn, 240 orbs left and I don't know what to go for. Another Sothis perhaps, as I pulled a -Spd one... 

DW!F!Corrin is fine if you really need her to counter Firesweep nukes, but Spd tanks might be better off using other B skills. I personally would not bother countering Firesweep nukes since they are not a big threat since you can wall them with Def/Res tanks or super tanks.

Spd tanks are kind of difficulty to build in my opinion because they want to Spd stack on all their slots, but they also want all those slots to run non Spd boosting skills. In other words, they do not have enough slots to run all the stuff they need, so you really have to pick and choose what you want your Spd tank to do. Spd tanks that are super tanks have less of any issue running all the skills they need since they can offload Spd stacking to buffers and debuffers.

Weapon
Spd boosts: Owls, Winter's Envoy (all-stat+2), Greil's Devoted (all-stat+3 Bond), Summer Refreshes (conditional Atk/Spd +5)
Bulk: Guards, Barriers, Serpents, Trick or Defeat (Panic Smoke), Love Abounds (Dull Range), Gifts of Winter (Def/Res+(2*allies); 2 range Owl), The Land's Bounter (Pulse Smoke)
Offense: Slaying, A Season for Picnics (Atk/Def+4, Atk/Res+4), Summer Returns (conditional Atk/Def+4 or Atk/Res+4),

Refinement
Spd boosts: Spd Refinement
Bulk: Def Refinement, Res Refinement
Offense (generally not recommended): Atk Refinement

Special
Bulk: Escutcheon, Pavise, Sacred Cowl, Aegis, Miracle
Offense: Damage Specials

A
Spd boosts: Spd/Stat Stance, Spd/Stat Solo, Spd/Stat Bond
Bulk: Steady Stance, Warding Stance, Distant Def, Close Def
Offense: Distant Counter, Close Counter, Steady Breath, Warding Breath, Darting Breath (not yet released)

B
Spd boosts: Null Follow-Up, Lull Atk/Spd (NYR)
Bulk: Guard, Dull Range, Dull Close, Mystic Boost
Offense: Null C-Disrupt, Quick Riposte, Lull Def/Stat, Lull Res/Stat (NYR)

C
Spd boosts: Rouse Spd/Stat (NYR), Spd Smoke
Bulk: Atk Smoke, Pulse Smoke
Offense (generally not recommended): Def Smoke, Res Smoke

Sacred Seal
Spd boosts: Darting Stance, Spd/Stat Bond
Bulk: Distant Def, Close Def, Deflects, Iote's Shield
Offense: Quick Riposte

I might be forgetting a few skills in the above list and some skills can fit into multiple categories, but you get the idea. There are 5 to 6 slots where you can either Spd stack, bulk up, or increase your offensive power. I recommend devoting 3+ slots to Spd (the more the better), 0-2 slots to bulk, and 0-2 slots to offense. Super tanks can safely devote less slots to Spd, but I recommend maintaining 50+ Spd (factoring in buffs) to be safe. SK!Alm can reach 55+ Spd at merge+0 for example, so if you are a super Spd tank, you really want avoid his doubles.

4 minutes ago, Ginko said:

It's my choice to come here anytime I want.

It is also our choice to respond. @Ice Dragon is not telling you not to post, he is saying that if you are posting here, you will have also have to deal with criticism and feedback. If you do not want to expose yourself to criticism and feedback, then avoid posting here and you can DM the person instead.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

It is also our choice to respond. @Ice Dragon is not telling you not to post, he is saying that if you are posting here, you will have also have to deal with criticism and feedback. If you do not want to expose yourself to criticism and feedback, then avoid posting here and you can DM the person instead.

Ahuh, All I do here is reading a random question and dropping my answer and go. Isn't this the main purpose of this thread? But what Ice Dragon and you are doing here is being nosy about my post.

Everything will be peaceful if you guys just quote the questioner and answer properly. There is no standard here in this thread to judge someone else answers by quoting them and saying it is right or wrong because this is a game. Playing game for entertainment, not work. You guys are just wasting time to care about my post because I don't even care.

Edited by Ginko

42 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Ahuh, All I do here is reading a random question and dropping my answer and go. Isn't this the main purpose of this thread? But what Ice Dragon and you are doing here is being nosy about my post.

Everything will be peaceful if you guys just quote the questioner and answer properly. There is no standard here in this thread to judge someone else answers by quoting them and saying it is right or wrong because this a game. Playing game for entertainment, not work. You guys are just wasting time to care about my post because I don't even care.

Yes, the main purpose of the thread is to answer questions, but many of us here also feel obligated to extend the discussion to give more insights and perspectives if a simple answer is inadequate. I do not feel like it is a waste of time as it not only gives the questioner a more nuanced look at the problem, the discussion also challenges my preconceived view of the problem and it helps me answer future questions better. When I first started answering questions, my responses were always Moonbow-Life and Death-Breaker, which is pretty narrow minded and applicable to just very short previewable maps.

Building a Distant Counter Spd tank is not something we will just drop an answer and go. Unless the player knows exactly what they want out of an Enemy Phase tank, tanks are generally far more complicated to build, especially Spd tanks, hence the back and forth discussion. This is not a Player Phase unit where Slaying/Blade-Moonbow-Fury-Desperation is the best generalist answer to everything.

A Spd tank dedicated to counter top of the line Desperation nukes would be built differently from a Spd tank that tries to tank everything else (no point running Null Follow-Up for the former, and no point devoting all slots to Spd stacking for the latter), and those two Spd tanks are built differently from super Spd tanks who can offload Spd stacking (Spd stacking on the unit itself is less important and Distant Counter is practically mandatory, but whether to run additional offensive skills is a more subjective matter).

16 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

And Sacred Seals are free to switch around.

I'm not really a part of this discussion, but I do want to add that Sacred Seals can't be swapped around in the middle of an Arena Assault, at least not last that I am currently aware (they added a lot of little things to all the modes I can't keep up with), so while yes you can choose who has the seal, once you're in AA you can't change your mind until you are out of the battle streak. And I do have a few units who I wish did have the seal on at the time of selecting them, or that I thought did have it on until I realized I gave it to someone else (currently have it on Nah running DC and NullCDisrupt while she''s paired with LegEliwood)

That does give slight merit to Darting Stance and even Wind Boost seals, putting them on faster units to ensure they can double attack naturally. While I doubt Null Follow-Up or either Byleth are necessarily top tier, whatever that means these days, it does help to have at least a few units who can counter them if the need arises. I personally prefer leaving QR on slower units anyway, because a faster unit like the Byleths really can just run with Darting Stance and some external support to get their double attacks.
I'm not trying to say you can't slap QR on whoever outside of AA, I'm just pointing out the minor merits of having an extra source of "guaranteed" follow-ups inside AA. AA does offer some of the slightly more valuable rewards IMO...

Edited by Xenomata

26 minutes ago, Ginko said:

@Xenomata I appreciate your explanation but don't waste your words on this stubborn dragon. Everyone has their own preferences.

He just love to put his standard over the others.

In my point of view, it's not actually an opinion about preferences, it's more a fact of availability.

Quick Riposte is one of the more popular skills in the game, given how many units make raw benefit off what essentially doubles their damage output when, before, they'd only manage to get one hit in. But another popular B skill is Guard, and in my experience a lot of skillsets call for you to use Guard in the B slot and Quick Riposte in the SS slot. It's understandable, because getting off a Special trigger tends to make up more damage on a unit than their regular attacks. But there's only one QR seal and a lot of units who would like it. Not exactly a common skill either, considering 2 units in the 4* pool have it, one of them already has Death Blow 3 as commonly used fodder, and the rest of the units who have QR3 are 5*. In addition, thanks to new hero banners now excluding Year 1 units, most of the 5*s who have it are now unsummonable in the most popular banners of the moment, with the rest being seasonals, so... uncommon at best.

I said my Nah is using it right now, but before her it was mainly used by Duma, and before him Legendary Tiki, and before her it was Brave Ike, and in the time between it'd go all over the place between my army. I'm not even sure Nah is in dire need of it, because it's only on her while she has Null C Disrupt equipped for Aether Raids (god you people love Brave Veronica, don't you...)

Point is, it's a popular skill, but you only have one of it (the Sacred Seal I mean), and probably won't be having QR3 as a B passive without working for it. In Arena Assault at least, you need it on the unit it makes the most sense to have it on, and then you kinda have to hope that anyone else who wanted it can get by. Hm... I wonder how OP Quick Riposte status would be... doesn't seem fair that Bonus Doubler existed as an A passive for only a few months before becoming a status...
Besides, my opinion never seems to be that grand anyway. Average at best, but then I think something would be a good idea before I'm told that it'd be better to just do what everyone else does with the unit in question. Not like it affects me, I'm the weirdo who +10ed Odin specifically to have symmetrical base stats.

Edited by Xenomata

15 hours ago, XRay said:

When you tap on a stage, a pop-up screen will show up with a green <Fight> and a red <Back> buttons. On that same pop-up screen, above the green <Fight> button are three buttons with various icons. If you tap the music note <♫> button to the right, it will tell you the name of the song.

That tells me the main song, yes, but not the song that plays during the boss battle itself (it's one of my minor gripes with the way that button works).  I was hoping someone had datamined the track or something, the way all of the sweet Book 3 music is ripped onto YouTube in various spots, but I'm hesitant to go digging for fear of FE3H spoilers.

1 hour ago, Flipz said:

That tells me the main song, yes, but not the song that plays during the boss battle itself (it's one of my minor gripes with the way that button works).  I was hoping someone had datamined the track or something, the way all of the sweet Book 3 music is ripped onto YouTube in various spots, but I'm hesitant to go digging for fear of FE3H spoilers.

No worries, I love spoilers, and I finally found it! YouTube took down a lot of Three Houses music on their platform, so I had to do some digging on Google.

The song is called Paths That Will Never Cross, and you can listen to it on soundcloud here.

6 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I'm not really a part of this discussion, but I do want to add that Sacred Seals can't be swapped around in the middle of an Arena Assault, at least not last that I am currently aware (they added a lot of little things to all the modes I can't keep up with), so while yes you can choose who has the seal, once you're in AA you can't change your mind until you are out of the battle streak. And I do have a few units who I wish did have the seal on at the time of selecting them, or that I thought did have it on until I realized I gave it to someone else (currently have it on Nah running DC and NullCDisrupt while she''s paired with LegEliwood)

Arena Assault is definitely the most notable mode where Sacred Seals are locked, but builds designed for Arena Assault are able to get around this issue. Arena Assault is one of the modes where "general use" builds are generally less effective than targeted counter builds, at least once you have the resources to begin building units to be used specifically as targeted counters.

On the other hand, running optimal builds is also not necessary for Arena Assault due to the fact that you can preview the opponent's team for a counter-pick. As much as there are a lot of units that want the Quick Riposte Sacred Seal in order to run a more niche skill in the B slot, for Arena Assault, you can get usually get away with simply running Quick Riposte in the B slot and forgoing the niche skill.

I find it better to suggest the Seal and let the person receiving the advice determine if the Seal is available than to make the assumption that the Seal isn't available and suggest only the second-best options.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Pulled a +Atk/-Spd Tana from the daily banner. Is there a reason not to merge my neutral into the +Atk one? Is there a benefit of merging into the neutral one?

Edited by Flying Shogi