"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

14 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Fury has a slight edge in that regard, though the fact she has SS at all is something to consider. 

Now that’s the main problem for me, tbh I feel “guilty” when I do something like that. 

I have another copy of her but is -atk +hp, is importat to consider the fact that she can get a merge? 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Karuu30 said:

Now that’s the main problem for me, tbh I feel “guilty” when I do something like that. 

I have another copy of her but is -atk +hp, is importat to consider the fact that she can get a merge? 

Only if you don't wish to give someone else her skills (Rauðrowl, Swift Sparrow, and Atk Ploy). If not, then you should consider a merge into the +HP copy, as like I said her Def is not worth trying to fix while her HP does at least work into her magical bulk more.

For what it's worth, you shouldn't feel too guilty considering the majority of builds on units, even modern ones, call for dropping some, if not all, of their original skills, even powerful skills.

46 minutes ago, Karuu30 said:

Is Fury better than Swift Sparrow in Katarina? I’m planning on build her, but want to keep Reese tome. She is +Def -Hp.

However, I’m wonder if is it worth to give her a good build or just save her as SS fodder. 

If you want to keep Reese's tome, you will want to use an Enemy Phase build. Fury is mostly for Player Phase or mixed phase builds.

I recommend running Bonds for combat performance and synergy with ther Owl tome. I am personally not a huge fan of Ploys since lining up your units to enemies is not always practical, but if you really want her to specialize towards that, you can run Fortress Def/Res.

Spd/Res tank:
+Spd
Reese's Tome
Swap — Reposition
Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Spd/Res)
Quick Riposte — Null C-Disrupt — Lull Atk/Spd (not released yet)
(Any C)
(Any Sacre Seal that boosts Atk, Spd, Res, Atk/Spd, Atk/Res, or Sped/Res) — (Any Ploys) — Quick Riposte

Res tank:
+Res
Reese's Tome
Swap — Reposition
Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Res or Atk/Res)
Lull Atk/Res — Guard — Quick Riposte
(Any C)
(Any Sacre Seal that boosts Atk, Res, or Atk/Res) — (Any Ploys) — Quick Riposte

I personally would ditch Reese's Tome and run a Player Phase build to keep Swift Sparrow instead, since her stats are more suited for that in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Karuu30 said:

If you have an extra copy, then I would merge her. Merges get rid of flaws.

In this case, for Enemy Phase, +HP is superior to +Def since Katarina will most likely be a Res tank, so +Def is kind of useless on her.

If you are using Katarina as a Player Phase nuke though, then I would use +Def. +HP increased both her physical and magical bulk, which is something you do not want since you want them to have just enough bulk to reliably enter Desperation range.

7 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Is Brave Camilla better with her standard build or does she want other skills?  She's got the same staff basically as Veronica (minus debuffs) so any advice on building her up?

While both have Dazzling Staff effect on their staves, their purpose is different and work differently from each other.

Sanngriðr gears BE!Camilla towards a traditional nuking play style, as she has an additional Atk/Spd+4 over AOTB!Veronica. Not only does Sanngriðr provide combat buffs, its Gravity effect also limits the mobility of enemies to make up for BE!Camilla's lack of access to Reposition. Gravity is also good at providing map control, especially if there are narrow passages or choke points; it is less effective on open maps though since its area of effect is small, so if the enemy moves in one big formation, Gravity probably will not be able to hit all the enemies.

Hliðskjálf gears AOTB!Veronica more towards a support role by buffing allies and debuffing enemies as you have mentioned.

— — — — — — —

I would just keep BE!Camilla as is. Just make sure to give her a Special; I recommend Miracle for all staff users since it is cheap and it helps her survive those "Oh shit!" moments, such as accidentally leaving her in enemy range or Wings of Mercy ambush. You might also want to switch out her Atk Tactic depending on team composition. For her Sacred Seal, I would just run Atk/Spd, Brazen Atk/Spd, Guidance, Aerobatics, or Flier Formation.

If you are using her in Tempest Trials though, I recommend switching out her Assist to Martyr and/or run either Renewal or Live to Serve on the Sacred Seal slot.

How do you manage Sacred Seals?
Since there's only one of each skill available as a seal (besides the Stat+ skills), but numerous unit builds that call for a single seal, it is important for game modes like Arena Assault to have the seals on the unit you want them on, as you can't really predict what the foe will come at you with. At least, if you're commonly going up against very strong foes, which I do.
While yes in other modes you can just look up the unit info beforehand and plan accordingly, I don't really do that, so Blessed Gardens, Squad Assault (yes I still have a few untouched), and Chain Challenges are just slightly harder in that regard as well.

But my other issue is that there's just too many goddamn seals, most of which are just the Stat+ seals, and another bunch of them don't even have any good applicable use (Elemental Boosts are iffy, Dancer skills are more or less useless, finding a good unit for most of the C slot seals can be tricky, many of the Stat+ seals are worth crap for how little they give with no upgrades), not mentioning the seals that are just kinda underwhelming because they aren't upgraded. I'm not good at remembering, and I'm not much for spreadsheets or anything either, so for the most part I just keep the seals on a single unit and try not to move it around too much, for example Oboro always hold the Close Def SS while the four Hone/Fortify SS's are on Bride Ninian, Groom Marth, Ephraim, and Eirika; if a seal does need to be moved, such as setting up an Aether Raids defense team or for a Hero Battle, I'm always sure to move it back to the "owner" of the seal once I'm done, but if a seal gets moved to someone else for too long, oh well guess they're the owner of the seal now.

It's especially annoying when before I do an Arena Assault run, I have to make sure my SS's are all on the right units, because if a unit doesn't have their seal then there's a good chance they're not gonna be usable; by the time I find this out, I'm usually a few battles in and don't wanna stop the streak. Also worth mentioning is that with all the units I own (all of them), making sure everyone has the right seal just becomes a chore week after week.

So... how do you do it, if you do manage to keep things organized?

@Xenomata In essence, I don't. Seals just stick to whoever I have them on and I almost never switch them out (unless required for an LHB F2P strat or whatnot). I recognise this is an inherently self-limiting strategy but I just plan stuff like AA around the assumption that any unit I select has no seal equipped, and if they happen to have one, it's a bonus. It helps that my AA scoring is such that whether I lose 0, 1 or even 2 units, I end up in the same 10-20k score bracket, so I don't bother trying for perfection. I could get top-10k if I used a proper team, but I instead I sandbag and use a team worth 700-ish instead of my 730-ish arena team to open.

Some units I just assume have certain effects as an native skill because they have the monopoly on the seal, such has Hone Spd on Olivia, Heavy Blade on Oscar (I reverted Lilina to a non-AoE build because I'm too lazy to have them share), QR on Nowi, Iote's on Palla, etc. Saves me a lot of thinking. I do get stupid about it sometimes like when Caineghis borrowed Armoured Boots for levelling, and I bashed my head against a GHB re-run quest with seal-less Legendary Hector, taking 4-5 attempts to finally clear it without a seal instead of going back to the menu to give him a seal.

Edited by Humanoid

I'm similar. I'll swap seals in and out for my stars, for anyone in Arena / AR, or looking for solutions to HBs, and a few useful-but-not-amazing seals have stuck to certain people throughout. Still, for any serious content (outside of AA, which is all counterpicks anyway), everyone will have a hand-picked seal. But I could do more to hand out tertiary seals that probably won't get shuffled much to my squad players. A lot of guys have just never had a seal equipped their whole careers.

Edited by Parrhesia

33 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Should I choose either +spd or +attck iv for Soleil?

Can Null Follow-Up be a good b slot for an anti-armor set for her?

If you're going for an anti-armor build, +Atk is probably better, though you'll have to check if you can one-hit kill or double the few fast armors with that build.

Null Follow-Up is fine for anti-armor, but you'll also want to check that you actually need to block the second hit or if you can simply kill everything relevant with the first.

So, the Drive Attack daily banner. Since I wanted merges for both Leif and Micaiah, and to obtain Quan, I decided I'd pull on it until I got Quan. I've gotten blessed with copies of the first two, but no luck on the latter.

I've already spent far more of my stash than I anticipated (I'm down to less than 250, not counting upcoming TT orbs) and I wanted to throw as many as possible at [spoilers] on the upcoming legendary banner.

I can either stop entirely, set myself a limit (spend X more orbs then stop, even if I leave a pity rate hanging), or just keep going until I pull Quan. What would you do in this situation?

12 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I can either stop entirely, set myself a limit (spend X more orbs then stop, even if I leave a pity rate hanging), or just keep going until I pull Quan. What would you do in this situation?

I'd stop entirely. If you set yourself a limit and don't get whoever it is within the limit, you'll just feel awful about "wasting" those orbs. Although, the legendary banner is an 8% 5* rate, so it's pretty likely that you'd get [spoilers] even within around 150 orbs left. 

Really, it's up to you though. 

55 minutes ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

I'd stop entirely. If you set yourself a limit and don't get whoever it is within the limit, you'll just feel awful about "wasting" those orbs. Although, the legendary banner is an 8% 5* rate, so it's pretty likely that you'd get [spoilers] even within around 150 orbs left. 

Really, it's up to you though. 

I'm leaning towards that option, I'd always prioritise a legendary over a unit that's in the pitybreaker pool. Still, it's hard to stop on a winning streak.

5 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Which IV does Tharja want more +Spd or +Atk assuming she's better in general with one or the other?

I generally almost always go +Spd if it is a choice between +Atk and +Spd for Desperation nukes. The primary exceptions being quad Brave nukes and maybe Celica.

+Atk is better if you do not need the Spd though, such as in Arena Assault.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I generally almost always go +Spd if it is a choice between +Atk and +Spd for Desperation nukes. The primary exceptions being quad Brave nukes and maybe Celica.

+Atk is better if you do not need the Spd though, such as in Arena Assault.

I'm pretty much going with a whatever build will work as she's not really going to see much actual use so I guess +Spd and her tome will be fine?

5 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm pretty much going with a whatever build will work as she's not really going to see much actual use so I guess +Spd and her tome will be fine?

Yeah, I would go with +Spd.

I have 2 Sigurd's. One is +HP/-Atk and the other one is +Res/-HP. I'm going to merge them but I'd an opinion before doing so. The most I'm going to use him for is as an AA counter and I don't plan on having him fight dragons so the Res boon seems wasted to me. Also don't plan on giving him Dragonflowers either so the order of stat increases won't matter to me. Considering all of this, I'm leaning towards the +HP copy. Are there benefits in merging into the +Res copy that I'm not seeing?

Edited by Flying Shogi

15 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

I have 2 Sigurd's. One is +HP/-Atk and the other one is +Res/-HP. I'm going to merge them but I'd an opinion before doing so. The most I'm going to use him for is as an AA counter and I don't plan on having him fight dragons so the Res boon seems wasted to me. Also don't plan on giving him Dragonflowers either so the order of stat increases won't matter to me. Considering all of this, I'm leaning towards the +HP copy. Are there benefits in merging into the +Res copy that I'm not seeing?

I would go with +HP. +Res is for handling dragons and staff units who can double him. +Res is good for handling mages too, but I think +HP wins out in most scenarios.

With Aegis and Deflect Magic, in case you ever need him to be a punching bag for Reinhardt+10+5 with an anti-Sigurd skill set, Sigurd+1 with +HP should survive with 1 HP.

Challenger List:

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Sigurd (5*+1 +hp -atk)  
Weapon: Divine Tyrfing  
Special: Aegis  
A: Close Def 3  
B: Crusader's Ward  
S: Deflect Magic 3  

Enemy List: Reinhardt has max Dragonflowers, 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs, and 3 BH!Ike VL!Ike allies. Sturdy Blow is not in the calculator yet, so I added it in as a combat buff.

Spoiler

ENEMIES - CUSTOM LIST  
Reinhardt (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Dire Thunder  
Special: Luna  
A: Death Blow 4  
B: Swordbreaker 3  

Edited by XRay

@XRay Thank you for your input. I will merge into the +HP copy. Not sure what you were trying to get at with the mention of BH!Ike though.

It's somewhat funny that Sigurd still lives when Mr. Dire Thunder is running to a set to take care of Reinhardt. 

2 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Not sure what you were trying to get at with the mention of BH!Ike though.

Each BH!Ike VL!Ike provides Atk+2, assuming Reinhardt is Earth Blessed. It is just for absolute worst case scenario.

I think Duma provides a stronger stat boost, but he is a Mythic Hero so he does not provide a boost to Atk in Arena Assault.

Edited by XRay

16 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Oh, you're talking about LH!Ike. That makes more sense now.

I just realized I used the wrong abbreviation.