"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

If you're gonna go all-out for Hector, wait a few days. He's on the next Revival banner, at 4%.

Edited by Parrhesia

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

I am leaning towards galceforce since I don't have any unit with the special. 

I'd go with that option. Since Heavy Blade only boosts cooldown on her attacks, she'd need to let the enemy initiate and be doubled to activate Aether, which isn't reliable because she has a lot of speed. Warding Breath would work better on enemy phase, but not at all on player phase, and she can't use DC with it.

I'm finishing my 2nd grail project (W!Cecilia, first one was Aversa). 

I don't know if I should go for Bath Camilla, Smolzura or Naesala now. What do you guys think? 

I'm using Cecilia in Light Season AR, but my Astra team is more offensive with Est and, for now, I don't have a tank for that season and I'm using Smolzura as Astra Dancer. 

57 minutes ago, Sir Radiant said:

Everyone and their mother says +spd is better than +atk on reyson. If I plan to +10 him in the long run, could +atk be a solid alternative?

What are you using Reyson for?

Dancers really only run +Atk if they are intending to see combat on a regular basis. That would be Micaiah and Xander in particular (who also happen to have unsalvageable Spd stats), but the other effective-damage daggers also have that option available to them.

+Spd is recommended for the other dancers because it's the best general-use survival stat in the game since dealing damage is not their job.

If you intend to kit Reyson out for actual combat, then +Atk will probably be fine (so long as you're aware of the limitations of his low Atk stat), but non-combat builds should favor +Spd instead.

4 hours ago, Rinco said:

I'm finishing my 2nd grail project (W!Cecilia, first one was Aversa). 

I don't know if I should go for Bath Camilla, Smolzura or Naesala now. What do you guys think? 

I'm using Cecilia in Light Season AR, but my Astra team is more offensive with Est and, for now, I don't have a tank for that season and I'm using Smolzura as Astra Dancer. 

Dancers/Singers do not need merges to function, since their main purpose is not combat. I would only merge them if you absolutely need them to do something that is reliant on stats, such as applying buffs, applying debuffs, avoiding debuffs, and/or combat coverage (usually against a type of units your nukes have difficulty with).

If you need a tank, I personally would not use HS!Camilla unless you are really tight on Orbs. Fjorm is better in my opinion due to being a frequent bonus unit (so easier scoring and more stats), having more stats as a melee infantry (higher BST and more Flowers), and she comes with Distant Counter. HS!Camilla is cheaper in terms of costing no Orbs, but she is very expensive in terms of Grails.

Naesala is good for Galeforcing enemy teams, so even though both are Player Phase nukes, he serves a different purpose from Est. However, it would still be ideal to have nukes of a variety of colors though, so you may want to look through your Barracks and see if you have Galeforcers of other colors. I think Caeda might be okay as a Galeforcer since Flashing Blade on her Wing Sword frees up Heavy Blade (she does not have enough Atk for it anyways) for another Galeforcer, so just make sure she is +Atk or something. BH!Roy is also good for this reason as he got Heavy Blade on Blazing Durandal. For greens, there is Raven and Yarne. Raven can use Flashing Blade, which is in much less demand than Heavy Blade. Yarne got a special version of Wrath on his Bunny Fang.

1 hour ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

Do Darting Blow and the similar effect from Tailtiu's Tome of Thoron refine stack? 

Yes. All in-combat numeric effects stack.

The only numeric effects that do not stack are visible buffs and debuffs (anything that makes an icon appear next to the character's map sprite), Triangle Adept, and effects that specifically say they do not stack.

Edited by Ice Dragon

So I can +10 Legendary Tiki, and I can make her +Spd or keep her +Atk.

I'm not sure which to do... sure she can become fast enough to take good advantage of Special Fighter (which she has), but her strength is also good...

56 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I'm not sure which to do... sure she can become fast enough to take good advantage of Special Fighter (which she has), but her strength is also good...

I personally lean towards Spd since you can never have too much Spd against high Spd foes. She also slightly crosses the 40 Spd threshold at 42 Spd without buffs, so she is useful to weaken foes in Arena without doubling and killing them. If you pair her up with BK!Eliwood and another unit with Spd Opening, she should have enough Spd to avoid doubles from most of the fastest units. Quite a few high Spd nukes I see run Impacts instead of Atk/Spd boosting skills, and that significantly reduces their Spd; not all of them run Impacts though, so you should still watch out for them.

+Atk is good of you do not need the Spd, but I generally find +Spd to be more useful in most cases.

9 hours ago, Xenomata said:

+Spd for a Special Fighter build. +Atk for a Bold Fighter build. If you plan to use both, I'd lean towards +Spd.

Is Tibarn better off with +def IV or +spd? I'm leaning towards +spd because he's a purely player phase monster and sometimes needs the extra speed to win speed checks if enemy is not at full health or to break through skills that prevent doubling like wary fighter. Also, a +spd IV Tibarn could make use of windsweep or watersweep to do funny things. I will have Tibarn at +1 merge and +5 flowers but want to eventually merge him up gradually due to being instrumental in both AR galeforce strats as well as abyssal map clears. 

11 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Is Tibarn better off with +def IV or +spd? I'm leaning towards +spd because he's a purely player phase monster and sometimes needs the extra speed to win speed checks if enemy is not at full health or to break through skills that prevent doubling like wary fighter. Also, a +spd IV Tibarn could make use of windsweep or watersweep to do funny things. I will have Tibarn at +1 merge and +5 flowers but want to eventually merge him up gradually due to being instrumental in both AR galeforce strats as well as abyssal map clears. 

I'd lean towards +Spd, especially if you're planning on keeping Sturdy Impact.

10 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Unless you swap out Sturdy Impact with Swift Sparrow, Tibarn is not fast enough to reliably use Sweeps.

If you want to go the +Spd route and Spd stack him with Swift Sparrow, I recommend using Desperation (if you are not using Herons), Dull Close, or Guard over Windsweep. Windsweep prevents enemy counter attacks, but it also prevents Tibarn from charging his own Special in time.

Even Galeforce-Sturdy Impact-Dull Close does better than a Windsweep set, although I am not too sure of the reasoning here. I have turned off Galeforce initiate again feature and switched enemy bonus buffs to in combat buffs, so I am not sure why Windsweep is still bad compared Galeforce.

Challenger List: Against Hard List enemies. Both sides +10. Tibarns have 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs, enemies have 6/6/6/6 in combat buffs. Tibarns are also transformed.

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Tibarn (5*+10 +def)  
Weapon: Hawk King Claw  
Special: Galeforce  
A: Sturdy Impact  
B: Dull Close 3  
S: Heavy Blade 3  

Tibarn (5*+10 +spd)  
Special: Galeforce  
A: Sturdy Impact  
S: Heavy Blade 3  

Tibarn (5*+10 +spd)  
Special: Moonbow  
A: Swift Sparrow 3  
S: Darting Blow 3  

Tibarn (5*+10 +spd)  
B: Desperation 3  
S: Brazen Atk Spd 3  

Tibarn (5*+10 +spd)  
B: Windsweep 3  
S: Darting Blow 3  

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

For Reyson at +10, is an Atk IV or a Spd IV better?

I have a +9 Reyson and have never gotten a +Spd. Should I finish merging him or wait until I get a Spd?

If you want to use Reyson to a somewhat offensive level, only then would I consider +Atk.

If you don't, then Reyson is best left with a +Spd asset, as it gives him the most defensive capabilities. Having higher Atk does little for him in this scenario, and what will be 44 base Spd can be boosted with skills to make him much harder to double.

As it is though, I personally feel he isn't an offensive unit.

I've been toying around with M!Robin builds that do not rely on Blade Tome/Desperation and had a few questions.  Bare in mind M!Robin is +9 and is +Atk (because he and Grimmy need to be a set for a theme team XP).

I've been considering attack boosting so that like Male Morgan, Robin will be a chip unit who softens enemies for Grima to sweep in and kill them.  So what skills aside from his native ones will help him with that?

45 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I've been considering attack boosting so that like Male Morgan, Robin will be a chip unit who softens enemies for Grima to sweep in and kill them.  So what skills aside from his native ones will help him with that?

Poison Strike and Mirror/Sturdy Impact for countering QR. The corresponding Blow skills would be a budget alternative.

47 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Poison Strike and Mirror/Sturdy Impact for countering QR. The corresponding Blow skills would be a budget alternative.

I know Saizo is poison strike fodder and Tibarn has Sturdy Impact but who aside from F!Morgan (who I can't use because merge project) has Mirror Impact?

11 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I know Saizo is poison strike fodder and Tibarn has Sturdy Impact but who aside from F!Morgan (who I can't use because merge project) has Mirror Impact?

F Morgan doesn't even have it. It's just Legendary Julia and Summer Laevatein.

P.S. Summer Lyn has Sturdy Impact too.

Edited by Humanoid

Looking for a more general purpose A slot skill for Naga, since I don't really care to much about AR, and the game basically gave me 6 copies of her off this legendary banner, when I already got her off her debut banner. So at this point i'm tempted to make her a core support unit for me. I have a spare OG Hector for distant counter fodder, but from the looks of it, Naga doesn't have the mixed bulk to really take advantage of it.

Also another question, I got 2 copies of legendary Tiki, one is +attack, other is +speed. Going to merge, which one is the better base?

Edited by Faellin

15 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Looking for a more general purpose A slot skill for Naga, since I don't really care to much about AR, and the game basically gave me 6 copies of her off this legendary banner, when I already got her off her debut banner. So at this point i'm tempted to make her a core support unit for me. I have a spare OG Hector for distant counter fodder, but from the looks of it, Naga doesn't have the mixed bulk to really take advantage of it.

Also another question, I got 2 copies of legendary Tiki, one is +attack, other is +speed. Going to merge, which one is the better base?

Distant Counter is actually great for Naga. The potential +9 from her weapons effect is massive and also not her only source of stat ups, as she can get boosts from Fortify Fliers and Fortify Dragons, as well as Rallys and Tactics etc etc.
Remember that a lot of bulk is also having the Speed to outspeed opponents to prevent a double, which Naga has plenty of as well. You can also give her Iotes Shield and she'll be good against bows as well.

As for Tiki, above our comments here you will see @XRay and @Ice Dragon recommending me +Spd. While our circumstances are probably different (you probably can't +10 Tiki), I'd say that the differences are minimal and +Spd should still get you through whatever you need her to get through.

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

F Morgan doesn't even have it. It's just Legendary Julia and Summer Laevatein.

P.S. Summer Lyn has Sturdy Impact too.

Oh opps!  So super expensive skill I never had the ability to get, though sacking Laevatien is fine with me.  I don't care for her at all.

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

With Brave Lyn's new refine for Mulagir, is +Spd more ideal to run than +Atk?

Only if you consistently see opponents with Spd-boosting skills that are active on enemy phase (Darting Stance, Life and Death, Fury, Atk/Spd Solo, etc.).

Simply giving her the Darting Blow Sacred Seal is sufficient to meet the Spd check on most relevant opponents, and even that might not be necessary (unless you see a lot of Sothis or Dark Corrin) since her base kit already gives her 42 Spd on initiation before accounting for buffs.

If you're currently using +Atk right now, keep that Asset and test it out to see if you really need the extra Spd or not before changing it (that's what I'm planning on doing).

EDIT: @Fire Emblem Fan

Brain fart. Mulagir's effect activates based on stats at the start of combat, so her default Swift Sparrow wouldn't do anything, but neither would any enemy combat buffs. That gives her 38 Spd on initiation before buffs, which is a bit less impressive, but Hone Cavalry does bring that up to 44 Spd. If you're using Fury or Life and Death instead of Swift Sparrow, you can push that even higher.

The point about Fury and Life and Death being less common these days with most fast units getting a default skill that gives a combat buff still applies, though.

Edited by Ice Dragon