"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

14 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Yeah, that makes sense. 
Any other unit worth investing Grails on?

Is this exclusively for AR support? It sounds like you're covered on a super tank and galeforce options.

If you'd just like to build some interesting units that can do something no other F2P unit can, you might consider Kronya for a unique Vantage/Special Spiral combo (Ares can also do a similar build). There is also Black Knight that can pull off some strong builds with Black Luna (Brave Sword and Bold Fighter or SB + BF + QR seal). Most people don't consider him that good but I also have a soft place in my heart for Camus as the only lance cavalier with inbuilt DC (disregarding F!Berkut who has conditional DC, and he's a 5* exclusive). I use him for a lot of general content and you free up the A slot for something else.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Is this exclusively for AR support? It sounds like you're covered on a super tank and galeforce options.

If you'd just like to build some interesting units that can do something no other F2P unit can, you might consider Kronya for a unique Vantage/Special Spiral combo (Ares can also do a similar build). There is also Black Knight that can pull off some strong builds with Black Luna (Brave Sword and Bold Fighter or SB + BF + QR seal). Most people don't consider him that good but I also have a soft place in my heart for Camus as the only lance cavalier with inbuilt DC (disregarding F!Berkut who has conditional DC, and he's a 5* exclusive). I use him for a lot of general content and you free up the A slot for something else.

Hmm, I do have some Special Spiral fodder for Kronya. Does she need CC to run this build or could she pull it off without it? I don't have fodder for it right now and only 1 of the 3 units that has it is one I could see muself letting go for it, but I think W!Cecilia deserves/would benefit more from it.

2 hours ago, Rinco said:

Yeah, that makes sense. 
 Any other unit worth investing Grails on?

I personally prefer spending Orbs on combat units rather than spending Grails on combat units. Combat units have quite a bit to gain from nature customization, and almost any Grail unit can be out done by a non Grail unit in terms of combat. The only exception to that is Naesala, and maybe Kronya and Navarre for niche situations. Until they release another blue beast fliers, Naesala is your only option right now. Kronya can exchange Special Spiral for Null C-Disrupt in her Counter-Vantage build, reducing her damage output in exchange for coverage against Firesweep; not a very good trade off in my opinion for general use, but maybe that is what you need in a specific scenario. Navarre's Scarlet Sword gives the player interesting ways to utilize Specials, such as activating Galeforce more reliably.

If you do not care too much about Grail units being outshined by non Grail units or do not want to invest Orbs into a combat unit, I think any of the latest Grail units are decent. As a ranged Player Phase player and a huge fan of Firesweep archers, I would go for RR!Loki and maybe BB!Louise. DW!Delthea and GD!Titania are decent too. For Enemy Phase, I think M!Kana is pretty decent, as he has 1 more stat point than Nowi and his stats are better distributed.

For support unit, the only unit I would recommend is Aversa. Dancers/Singers do not need merges unless you really need them to do other stuff like drawing Chills or something. I am not a huge fan of Ploys since its range is so limited and Chills and Sabotages completely outshines them. I am not a huge fan of the Bolt Tower units either since they only work for 1 turn in the middle of the battle that you might not even be able to take advantage of consistently.

Edited by XRay

59 minutes ago, XRay said:

I personally prefer spending Orbs on combat units rather than spending Grails on combat units. Combat units have quite a bit to gain from nature customization, and almost any Grail unit can be out done by a non Grail unit in terms of combat. The only exception to that is Naesala, and maybe Kronya and Navarre for niche situations. Until they release another blue beast fliers, Naesala is your only option right now. Kronya can exchange Special Spiral for Null C-Disrupt in her Counter-Vantage build, reducing her damage output in exchange for coverage against Firesweep; not a very good trade off in my opinion for general use, but maybe that is what you need in a specific scenario. Navarre's Scarlet Sword gives the player interesting ways to utilize Specials, such as activating Galeforce more reliably.

If you do not care too much about Grail units being outshined by non Grail units or do not want to invest Orbs into a combat unit, I think any of the latest Grail units are decent. As a ranged Player Phase player and a huge fan of Firesweep archers, I would go for RR!Loki and maybe BB!Louise. DW!Delthea and GD!Titania are decent too. For Enemy Phase, I think M!Kana is pretty decent, as he has 1 more stat point than Nowi and his stats are better distributed.

For support unit, the only unit I would recommend is Aversa. Dancers/Singers do not need merges unless you really need them to do other stuff like drawing Chills or something. I am not a huge fan of Ploys since its range is so limited and Chills and Sabotages completely outshines them. I am not a huge fan of the Bolt Tower units either since they only work for 1 turn in the middle of the battle that you might not even be able to take advantage of consistently.

Firesweep Bow I would probably give to B!Lyn, if I ever get fodder of it. 

The only thing keeping me from going all in on Naesala is that I have few beasts (none built, so far, but I do have Reyson as 5* and some extra copies for merge) and he benefits more from being in a team that can help him transform, I think. Maybe I'm wrong and he can function well by himself.

I'm considering Kronya right now, for a Special Spiral build. Null C-Disrupt I gave to B!Ike and he's using it very well. Only had 1 Nailah, so Kronya will have to make it work with Special Spiral

1 hour ago, Rinco said:

I'm considering Kronya right now, for a Special Spiral build.

Do note that Kronya's damage output is on the lower end for a Counter-Vantage unit, and her playstyle is a little different from normal Counter-Vantage units. You cannot send Kronya in to clean up armor units like you can with Lilina or Laevatein since Kronya just does not have the Atk for it. On the other hand, you cannot send Lilina or Laevatein against a defense team with Firesweepers since they will just kill Lilina and Laevatein with their lower HP, but you can do that with Kronya since she does not need low HP to activate her Vantage.

4 hours ago, Rinco said:

Hmm, I do have some Special Spiral fodder for Kronya. Does she need CC to run this build or could she pull it off without it? I don't have fodder for it right now and only 1 of the 3 units that has it is one I could see muself letting go for it, but I think W!Cecilia deserves/would benefit more from it.

She does need Close Counter to work. Without it, Vantage units are not really viable in Aether Raids as most defense teams have a mix of ranged and melee units.

23 hours ago, Rinco said:

Today I'm getting my last merge on W!Cecilia. Now I'm looking for the next merge project. With Cecilia and Aversa finished, I don't have an obvious choice.

Just saw in my barracks that most of my Galeforce units are Red (Caeda, Eliwood, Elincia, B!Roy and Cordelia). I'm also considering giving it to my B!Eliwood but haven't done it yet. Could also pass it to Est, who is +10 and Cherche, who is on her way to +10. 
Looking on Grail units that can use Galeforce well, there's Linus, Naesala and Panne. Linus is kinda similar to Raven and I already have copies of him enough for a +10, just need the feathers to build him. Naesala and Panne have good move tipes for the skill and I consider Naesala the better unit overall, but Panne has that effective damage that can come in handy sometimes.

Aside from Galeforcers, I could consider good units all around, since I already have good tank units for both Astra and Light but need more balanced units and support units (my W!Cecilia is paired with M!Corrin on support and B!Ike is paired with B!Lucina on support).

Who would you guys advice me on spending Grails?

I would advice to stockpile Grails for the moment. Maybe there are some refines on the way to make older units more apealing, but we havent gotten any major impactfull Grail unit since Aversa.

Dont get me wrong the other Grail units are ok, but nothing outstanding. I personally +10 Arvis, but thats because i wanted that. At this moment i dont see any reason to invest into a Grail unit outside of Aversa or a favourite Character you wanted. Naesala at best (like others have mentioned). I have a feeling we are getting some GHB unit weapon refines soon (Valter Arvis etc.) I would wait for that one. Valter has the potential to become a good Galeforce unit that can also proc Wing of Mercy for your other Teammates, depending on the refine.

29 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I would advice to stockpile Grails for the moment. Maybe there are some refines on the way to make older units more apealing, but we havent gotten any major impactfull Grail unit since Aversa.

Dont get me wrong the other Grail units are ok, but nothing outstanding. I personally +10 Arvis, but thats because i wanted that. At this moment i dont see any reason to invest into a Grail unit outside of Aversa or a favourite Character you wanted. Naesala at best (like others have mentioned). I have a feeling we are getting some GHB unit weapon refines soon (Valter Arvis etc.) I would wait for that one. Valter has the potential to become a good Galeforce unit that can also proc Wing of Mercy for your other Teammates, depending on the refine.

That makes sense. And by holding out on Grails, I can still get one of the units I'm considering now but more copies in one go in the future.

We are getting nice units on GHB/TTs lately.

I think I'll just do that, none of the units really hooked me.

Thanks, everyone!

I got myself a Reinhardt from the new performance banner. Not the unit I went for and to to make matters worse Rein is -atk too. So its fodder time

I've mostly been looking at his unique joint hone atk 3. Any units that particularly want the skill? First thought would be a dancer for the added support, but I also have a gordin who might like it. The extra +5 atk combined with death blow 4 and a seal would do a lot to increase his brave bow damage.

1 hour ago, Sasori said:

I got myself a Reinhardt from the new performance banner. Not the unit I went for and to to make matters worse Rein is -atk too. So its fodder time

I've mostly been looking at his unique joint hone atk 3. Any units that particularly want the skill? First thought would be a dancer for the added support, but I also have a gordin who might like it. The extra +5 atk combined with death blow 4 and a seal would do a lot to increase his brave bow damage.

Personally, I would put it on a nuke, for instances where you do not want to use Savage Blow, Def Smoke, Res Smoke, etc. Another possible reason is so the nuke does not have to end turn next to a Dancer/Singer to get buffs. And another reason could be that you stuffed your Dancer/Singer with other buffs already (BB!Ninian got Hone Spd on her weapon, and you gave her Res Tactic and Def Tactic on her C and Sacred Seal) and your Blade nuke wants to run the last buff to complete the buffs.

Dancers/Singers would be good too, but they do not really need the Atk buff themselves, and Atk Tactic is often times better with its stronger and wider buffs. If you do put it on a Dancer/Singer, I think Counter-Vantage Phina will get the most use out of it since she can run Null C-Disrupt on top of it to get rid of stuff like cavalry Firesweepers.

Gordin would be good, but I would wait for his Refinement first though. It would suck if his Refinement just happens to be Joint Hone Atk or something similar.

Of the potential A skills F!Morgan could make use of which one synergies with her native tome?  I've got her running Iote's Shield for now since I'm not sure what will suit her.  She's +Atk and running her native special for now.

3 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Of the potential A skills F!Morgan could make use of which one synergies with her native tome?  I've got her running Iote's Shield for now since I'm not sure what will suit her.  She's +Atk and running her native special for now.

I do not think it is worth using Iotes Shield at all since her Def is not that great.

Blárserpent [Spd] -- Blárserpent [Res]
Moonbow -- Rupture Sky (She is too fast to use Iceberg in my opinion.)
Reposition -- Swap
Distant Def -- Warding Stance
Guard -- Lull Atk/Spd -- Lull Atk/Res (not released yet) -- Quick Riposte
(Any C) -- Atk Smoke -- Pulse Smoke

Edited by XRay

54 minutes ago, XRay said:

I do not think it is worth using Iotes Shield at all since her Def is not that great.

Blárserpent [Spd] -- Blárserpent [Res]

Moonbow -- Rupture Sky (She is too fast to use Iceberg in my opinion.)

Reposition -- Swap

Guard -- Lull Atk/Spd -- Lull Atk/Res -- Quick Riposte

(Any C) -- Atk Smoke -- Pulse Smoke

there is no Lull Atk/Res yet. Only Lull Atk/Def and Atk/Spd. Otherwise every Reinhardt would rejoice

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

there is no Lull Atk/Res yet. Only Lull Atk/Def and Atk/Spd. Otherwise every Reinhardt would rejoice

I know. Just listing it out there. I will make note of it.

16 hours ago, XRay said:

Personally, I would put it on a nuke, for instances where you do not want to use Savage Blow, Def Smoke, Res Smoke, etc. Another possible reason is so the nuke does not have to end turn next to a Dancer/Singer to get buffs. And another reason could be that you stuffed your Dancer/Singer with other buffs already (BB!Ninian got Hone Spd on her weapon, and you gave her Res Tactic and Def Tactic on her C and Sacred Seal) and your Blade nuke wants to run the last buff to complete the buffs.

Dancers/Singers would be good too, but they do not really need the Atk buff themselves, and Atk Tactic is often times better with its stronger and wider buffs. If you do put it on a Dancer/Singer, I think Counter-Vantage Phina will get the most use out of it since she can run Null C-Disrupt on top of it to get rid of stuff like cavalry Firesweepers.

Gordin would be good, but I would wait for his Refinement first though. It would suck if his Refinement just happens to be Joint Hone Atk or something similar.

Waiting for a bit might be a good idea. Boey getting Close counter on his weapon stung since it meant a rare skill went to waste. Here's hoping Gordin gets a refine soon.

I don't see myself going for Phina, but my other dancers like Ninian already have other buffing methods. The one's that don't are dancers I just don't use all that much in general.

12 hours ago, XRay said:

I know. Just listing it out there. I will make note of it.

Although lately i was thinking how a Lull Atk/Spd (or Res/Spd) Reinhardt would fare with Swift Sparrow 3 and Darting Blow Seal.

A +10 Atk+ Reinhard would sit at 22 SPD with dire thunder. Lull Atk/spd (or Res/Spd later) bumps that up to 25 basicly, Swift sparrow 3 to 32 and Darting Blow Seal to 38... granted you loose 6 Atk from the Seal slot and A slot (Death Blow 4) but if you give him then Hone Spd 4, Reinhardt is sitting at 45 Spd (or 44 with cav buffs)... yeah nice quad time on alot of units. Just a thought i had... I mean the baiting unit needs 39 or 40 Spd at base since he ignores SPD buffs due to the Lull skill

Edited by Hilda

13 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

Is it still worth it to +10 a 4 star character?

It can be a nice budget option if they happen to be an Arena bonus unit or if you just happen to have 11+ of the older units lying around.  They're getting really power crept, but they're still the equivalent of a +5 5* unit or so, just make sure to give them a decent weapon.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It can be a nice budget option if they happen to be an Arena bonus unit or if you just happen to have 11+ of the older units lying around.  They're getting really power crept, but they're still the equivalent of a +5 5* unit or so, just make sure to give them a decent weapon.

I'm thinking of doing the OG Erika with +atk

On 9/17/2019 at 3:31 PM, Rinco said:

Firesweep Bow I would probably give to B!Lyn, if I ever get fodder of it. 

The only thing keeping me from going all in on Naesala is that I have few beasts (none built, so far, but I do have Reyson as 5* and some extra copies for merge) and he benefits more from being in a team that can help him transform, I think. Maybe I'm wrong and he can function well by himself.

I'm considering Kronya right now, for a Special Spiral build. Null C-Disrupt I gave to B!Ike and he's using it very well. Only had 1 Nailah, so Kronya will have to make it work with Special Spiral

I'm building a Kronya. (though I am going to give her a Null not special spiral. though it really depends). but she does need close counter (or you need to make sure she's not in range of melee. 

regarding Grail units.. i know this isn't very popular, but i generally use my grail units for the fodder that I need For example if i needed Wrath, I'd use the new guy who came out (or Karla). a bummer for me - I like everyone (and building up the other person) who has Flier Formation so that's out. Brazen that's what Linus is for. Also while getting an ideal nature is great - well... it took me a year to get a +atk Caeda. so looking for natures takes a while. (and there is the merge neutral benefit which can come in handy as well). 

47 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Although lately i was thinking how a Lull Atk/Spd (or Res/Spd) Reinhardt would fare with Swift Sparrow 3 and Darting Blow Seal.

A +10 Atk+ Reinhard would sit at 22 SPD with dire thunder. Lull Atk/spd (or Res/Spd later) bumps that up to 25 basicly, Swift sparrow 3 to 32 and Darting Blow Seal to 38... granted you loose 6 Atk from the Seal slot and A slot (Death Blow 4) but if you give him then Hone Spd 4, Reinhardt is sitting at 45 Spd (or 44 with cav buffs)... yeah nice quad time on alot of units. Just a thought i had... I mean the baiting unit needs 39 or 40 Spd at base since he ignores SPD buffs due to the Lull skill

Quad Reinhardt seems the better than slow Brave Reinhardt against the Hard List with current available skills. Once Lull Atk/Res and Lull Spd/Res comes out, that might or might not change. Darting Blow does not seem necessary against the Hard List, as Hard List enemies are pretty slow.

Against the Full List with Fury 4 overwrite and 6/6/6/6 buffs, the traditional slow Brave variant of Moonbow-Heavy Blade beats quad Reinhardt. For comparisons between Sturdy Blow and Darting Blow on a quad Reinhardt, Sturdy Blow looks better than Darting in all cases, whether you set the enemies to neutral, +Spd, or +Res. Darting Blow is better than Sturdy Blow if you remove the Fury 4 overwrite and set enemy natures to +Res though.

Challenger List:

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Reinhardt (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Dire Thunder  
Special: Moonbow  
A: Death Blow 4  
B: Lull Atk Spd 3  
😄 Goad Cavalry  
S: Heavy Blade 3  

A: Death Blow 4  
😄 Goad Cavalry  
S: Sturdy Blow 2  

A: Swift Sparrow 3  
😄 Goad Cavalry  
S: Sturdy Blow 2  

A: Swift Sparrow 3  
😄 Goad Cavalry  
S: Darting Blow 3  

16 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

So i wanna start another merge project but i want an armor unit. Other then Sheena who else could i use? Nobody in the 3*/4* pool really stands out for me. 

If you do not want anyone else in the that pool, the only other options you have left are 5* exclusive and Grail units. Grail units have Zephiel, LA!Eliwood, and TLB!Dorcas.

There's BK, Arden and Cecilia too. The latter is probably the most interesting choice by my reckoning since otherwise you'd be spending grails on a unit not very different to a regular commonly summonable one. This is especially true for TT units, most of which we've only ever gotten two copies of.

6 hours ago, Humanoid said:

There's BK, Arden and Cecilia too. The latter is probably the most interesting choice by my reckoning since otherwise you'd be spending grails on a unit not very different to a regular commonly summonable one. This is especially true for TT units, most of which we've only ever gotten two copies of.

Oh yeah, those too. GOW!Cecilia is pretty decent as a super tank if the player does not mind her stupid slow armor movement. She can get relatively balanced Def/Res on Astra season.