"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

7 hours ago, Faellin said:

What would be the best setup for Brave Ike to make him the tankiest monstrosity to ever exist? Since I heard him and Lucina got the best refines with the CYL 1 set.

Urvan [unique]
[whatever Assist]
Aegis
Fortress Def/Res 3
Shield Pulse 3
[whatever passive C]
Deflect Melee 3

Ideally, you'd want Distant Counter in the A slot, but Fortress Def/Res 3 is if you only care about staying alive and don't care about killing anything ranged. Distant Def 4 is also an option to block Litrblade, though it leaves you a bit more vulnerable to melee units (but not any more than Distant Counter would).

You also want to either have Infantry Breath or Geirskogul on an ally in case someone slow attacks him and can't double him. Without Breath support, you want to run Steady Breath or Warding Breath instead or just hope your opponents aren't slow.

You can mix and match Aegis, Pavise, and Deflect skills, but I think this one is the most effective combination. Someone can feel free to correct me if they want.

This build still gets demolished by AoE Specials from sufficiently strong nukes because AoE Specials are kind of broken if you can get them charged up.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everybody, 

I've only been playing for a week or so now, and I'm obsessed with it. Anyway, I want to upgrade a unit to 5* so I can continue the Heroes Path quests, and I'm not sure what would be the best. I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to Kronya, Aversa, or Eir *(I like my goth waifus 😉 ) Which of those would be most worthwhile to upgrade? 

Here's a pic of the rest of my 4* units, so if you see something else that would be WAY better than those 3, let me know. My main team right now (almost at level 40) consists of Idunn, Ninian, Brave Veronica, and usually either Vanguard Ike, Black Knight, or Reinhardt. 

Thanks

Edited by TEKWRX

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

Hey everybody, 

I've only been playing for a week or so now, and I'm obsessed with it. Anyway, I want to upgrade a unit to 5* so I can continue the Heroes Path quests, and I'm not sure what would be the best. I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to Kronya, Aversa, or Eir *(I like my goth waifus 😉 ) Which of those would be most worthwhile to upgrade? 

Here's a pic of the rest of my 4* units, so if you see something else that would be WAY better than those 3, let me know. My main team right now (almost at level 40) consists of Idunn, Ninian, Brave Veronica, and usually either Vanguard Ike, Black Knight, or Reinhardt. 

Thanks

FEH_4star.jpg

Hi there!

For the Heroes' Path quest that requires you to unlock the potentioal of an ally it is sufficient to promote a unit from 3-star to 4-star rarity as well, which is much cheaper and might be a good option if you have trouble deciding who to spend 20000 feathers on right now.

If you do want to bring one of the units you mentioned up to 5-star though, both Kronya and Aversa can be good options. Eir already starts off as a 5-star unit, so it's not possible to unlock her potential any further (there are no 6-star Heroes in this game). I would recommend Aversa to begin with; her weapon Aversa's Night which she can get once she's at 5-star rarity can inflict debuffs and panic status on enemies who have lower HP than her and are ajacent to another enemy, which is an amazing supportive effect for the rest of your team. She is also a ranged magic Flier, which is a useful niche to fill considering what your team is. She also requires less rare skills to function well compared to Kronya.

There are plenty of strong and useful units in the picture as well (Cherche, Nino, Ares, Cordelia and more), but Aversa is a genuinely good choice, and considering you like her I'd say go for it. 

2 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

Hey everybody, 

Thanks

FEH_4star.jpg

Upgrade your Sharena. 
she's not "way better". but eventually you'll need to use her in Arena or for quests, and it will be easier to do so with her at 5* than at 4*. I upgraded mine about 6 months ago and never once have i thought "Gosh i wish i really didn't do that.."

2 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

Hey everybody, 

Thanks

A unit I recommend prioritizing for Aether Raids is M!Corrin. You want to upgrade 2 of him to provide 9/9/9/9 buffs (12/12/12/12 buffs with equal Drive distribution) for the super tank in Aether Raids.

I also second Aversa. She is very useful in Aether Raids as she inflicts Panic and debuffs on enemies. If you do not want to use 2 M!Corrins on your super tank team, you can replace one of the M!Corrins with Aversa. While Aversa's debuff is less reliable since it does not affect lone enemies or enemies with high HP, it is usually stronger than M!Corrin's buff when it does land, so it balances it out.

I also recommend upgrading the Askr trio to make doing Arena easier. Sharena is also one of the cheapest super tank option available for Aether Raids. What she lacks in merges is made up for by being a frequent bonus unit.

Ares and Kronya are good options for Counter-Vantage. Do note that Kronya plays differently from regular Counter-Vantage units since her Vantage activation has a different requirement. For Ares, [+Atk, -HP] is his best nature.

Cordelia is also a really good Galeforce unit. [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Res] is her best nature. For Galeforcing, I think either +Atk or +Spd Assets are fine. I went with +Atk for mine, but a +Spd should work as well.

I upgraded my Sharena about this time two years ago and actually constantly think "gosh, I really didn't need to do that". It was the rational pick at the time as I had no 5-star infantry lancers at the time, but then within a month I had summoned Ephraim and Nephenee. Funny how that works. My Alfonse and Anna meanwhile are still at 4* and I haven't had the slightest itch to promote them.

@TEKWRX As for the promotion, while I agree that Aversa is generally a good pick in the long-term (I've just completed my +10 last month), her actual combat effectiveness won't be great early on. For an early flying lynchpin, Cherche is just better at deleting enemies with minimal fuss. Once you're really up and going, you'll be able to promote someone just about every week, so it's perfectly good to employ short-term thinking when you're just starting out.

Another consideration is that you're already running Reinhardt and Veronica, so going full horse is a strong option. Ares makes for an excellent red candidate, while for green, we will find out what new goodies Frederick gets very soon.

Edited by Humanoid

Thanks for all the info guys, I really appreciate it. Lot's of helfull stuff. I ended up doing Aversa, and she's instantly more fun to use with her personal tome. 

Anyway, I think my next project might be Cherche. I have 3 of them so far including a +Atk -Res so that might be a good one to build off of.  Although I'm saving all my orbs for the Halloween banner, so that might change if I get some neat units 🙂 

@BoaFerox I wish I'd thought about doing a 3* to 4* upgrade to save on feathers while I play some more to get a feel for everything, not sure why I didn't even think about that. Oh well

Also, another newbie question. Does the voting gauntlet get tougher each round? I've been using my Idunn and I've won pretty much every map in round 1 even with less than ideal teammates, but round 2 is kicking my butt. I think I've only won like 1 out of 6 or so.  The only difference is Idunn was level 38 during round 1, now she's 40. Is that why it's putting me with higher caliber units?  Attached is my build, she's been my all-star since I summoned her pretty early on, and I'm not sure what I could change skill wise based on what I have available. 

Edited by TEKWRX

43 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Also, another newbie question. Does the voting gauntlet get tougher each round? I've been using my Idunn and I've won pretty much every map in round 1 even with less than ideal teammates, but round 2 is kicking my butt. I think I've only won like 1 out of 6 or so.  The only difference is Idunn was level 38 during round 1, now she's 40. Is that why it's putting me with higher caliber units?

The rounds don't make a difference. How VG teams are assembled is like this:

1) Your chosen unit.
2) The lead unit of one random other player on your team, who is approximately the same level as your chosen unit.
3) The lead unit of someone on your friends list who is also on your team, assuming you have anyone on your friends list on the same team as you. Most players would have their most powerful unit as their lead, so this is a good thing. If you have no friends on your team, this is just another random player as per (2).

The enemy, on the other hand, is simply three units of around the same level as your unit from players on the enemy team.

Therefore in round one, your team would have been your level 38 unit, a random level 38 ally, and a probably a level 40 friend unit, against three level 38 enemies. This gives you a slight advantage, but you lost that advantage when you got to 40 since all allies and all enemies are now 40.

However what lazy people like me do is to simply take advantage of the matchmaking and send out a level 1 unit. You end up with two level 1 units and a level 40 unit, and the enemy would be three level 1 units. Yeah, it's brokenly overpowered, but it's been like that for over two years now.

Edited by Humanoid

29 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Also, another newbie question. Does the voting gauntlet get tougher each round? I've been using my Idunn and I've won pretty much every map in round 1 even with less than ideal teammates, but round 2 is kicking my butt. I think I've only won like 1 out of 6 or so.  The only difference is Idunn was level 38 during round 1, now she's 40. Is that why it's putting me with higher caliber units?  Attached is my build, she's been my all-star since I summoned her pretty early on, and I'm not sure what I could change skill wise based on what I have available. 

I recommend using the same unit in battle that you are supporting to gain more points. For example if you are supporting PA!Inigo, you should use PA!Inigo in battle.

If you do not have the unit for the character you are supporting, then use a level 1 of any unit and make sure to only befriend players with 5* level 40 units as their reprrsentatives. There is no point using a level 40 unit since it will match you with level 40 opponents. If you are using level 1 units and you have friends with level 40 units, you friends' units will steamroll weak opponents.

Also, as a common courtesy to your friends during Voting Gauntlet, please do not set a representative that is the same color as the character you are supporting. Other players have quests to complete using different units of different colors. If you are supporting PA!Inigo, please do not put a green unit as your representative.

@TEKWRX I'm a bit late to the party but I heard you were thinking about building Cherche....

I have a flier emblem team with F!Morgan, Halloween Nowi, New Year's Azura, and Cherche, and oh boyyyy. Cherche built right can really wreak some havoc. The build I have for her is:
Weapon- +prf Cherche's Axe (If you can't refine weapons yet don't worry about +prf)

Support- pivot (but honestly you can run anything here it doesn't matter)

Special- glimmer

A- death blow 3

B- drag back

C- goad fliers, however for your team I would recommend using something like a tactic or guidance but guidance is harder to get fodder for

S- quickened pulse

It's not a terribly expensive build and it's quite useful. Of course anyone is willing to add or critique it but I'd thought I'd add my two cents

1 hour ago, Lucielia said:

Weapon- +prf Cherche's Axe (If you can't refine weapons yet don't worry about +prf)

Support- pivot (but honestly you can run anything here it doesn't matter)

Special- glimmer

A- death blow 3

B- drag back

C- goad fliers, however for your team I would recommend using something like a tactic or guidance but guidance is harder to get fodder for

S- quickened pulse

@TEKWRX I would make some minor adjustments, but the build is good overall.

Cherche's Axe [Atk] — Cherche's Axe [special]
Reposition
Ruptured Sky — Moonbow — Glimmer
Death Blow
Lull Atk/Def — Chill Def — Hit and Run — Axebreaker — Wings of Mercy
(Any C) — Def Smoke
Sturdy Blow — Heavy Blade — Quickened Blade

If a player is building Cherche, promoting Cherche to get Cherche's Axe should be a priority. It does not really make sense to waste Brave Axe fodder when you can just promote Cherche directly. Either Refinement is fine, but I personally lean towards Atk Refinement for better consistency since Panic Ploy requires you to line up your unit to the enemy and sometimes that is not very feasible.

I also recommend Reposition on Cherche as Dance/Sing-Reposition is the backbone of Player Phase combat; doing Player Phase without Reposition is very clunky in my opinion.

If you can afford it, Ruptured Sky is the best option, but if you just want something cheap, I would go with Moonbow or Glimmer. Between Moonbow and Glimmer, I personally leans towards Moonbow in most cases, but you can just go with whichever is cheaper for you.

For the B slot, I would go with Hit and Run over Drag Back, since you generally want to put extra distance between your unit and the enemy if you fail to kill, not drag it along with you. Ideally, you want to use Lull Atk/Def but that is expensive. You can also use Chill Def, but it is just as expensive Lull Atk/Def and it is not as good in my opinion. Axebreaker and Wings of Mercy are other common cheap but effective skills. Axebreaker helps Cherche chew through bulky axe units while Wings of Mercy allow Cherche to teleport to her Desperation allies if they reach less than 50% HP.

I recommend Sturdy Blow or Heavy Blade over Quickened Pulse since Quickened Pulse only works once per battle; I would only use Quickened Pulse if the other two are already taken.

For the Brave Lucina / Ike combo. Whats the best setup for Lucina to be the optimal support to make Ike an unkillable monster?

I already have Ike fully prepared with:

DC

Beorcs blessing

Attack smoke 3

Urvan refine

Aether

So anything in particular I need to do on Lucina's end? I already have her refine which grants extra cooldown charge and buffs. So apart from that, any other skills I need? Or is her base kit + refine enough?

2 hours ago, Faellin said:

So anything in particular I need to do on Lucina's end? I already have her refine which grants extra cooldown charge and buffs. So apart from that, any other skills I need? Or is her base kit + refine enough?

I would give her double Drive Atk. If you want something cheap on her C slot, Drive Def and Drive Res would work too.

I got a Legendary Eliwood +Atk -spd and I am super happy. He has, 

Spoiler

Ardent Durandal

Rally Spd/Res +

Galeforce

Swift Sparrow 3 / death blow 4

Atk spd ruse 3/ Chill Atk 3

Vision af Arcadia 

I choose these as they are good scoring and they help make him better for support. As far as his combat goes I believed he would have neutral spd and and with swift Sparrow and a dragon flower he could be a solid Galeforce unit, but that -spd doesn't help him, should I go for death blow 4 and an Atk 3 seal and give him 70 Atk for player phase KOs or is his spd good enough to keep Galeforce for the time being (until a merge appears)? What do you suggest? 

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

I got a Legendary Eliwood +Atk -spd and I am super happy. He has, 

Reveal hidden contents

Ardent Durandal

Rally Spd/Res +

Galeforce

Swift Sparrow 3 / death blow 4

Atk spd ruse 3/ Chill Atk 3

Vision af Arcadia 

I choose these as they are good scoring and they help make him better for support. As far as his combat goes I believed he would have neutral spd and and with swift Sparrow and a dragon flower he could be a solid Galeforce unit, but that -spd doesn't help him, should I go for death blow 4 and an Atk 3 seal and give him 70 Atk for player phase KOs or is his spd good enough to keep Galeforce for the time being (until a merge appears)? What do you suggest? 

You do not want too much Atk on a Galeforce unit. If they kill something in one hit, it means they are not activating Galeforce.

Swift Sparrow is also better than Death Blow for Galeforcers in my opinion. You are giving up 2 Atk, but you are gaining 7 Spd in return. Having a little less Atk is a good thing in this case, and you gain a lot more Spd to help offset his Flaw.

I am personally not a huge fan of Ruses, Feints, etc. since they work in cardinal directions and the area it hits is not really wide enough to feel worthwhile. I would go with Chills instead. Alternatively, you can go with Lull Atk/Spd or Dull Close for his own Galeforce performance.

Pulled a Velouria so it feels like I finally have some options for my beast team. A couple questions arise from that. First, for context, my beast options are:

Lethe +Spd -HP

Nailah +Def -Res
Selkie +Atk -Res

Ranulf +Atk -HP

Caineghis +Res -Atk
Leanne +Res -Atk
Velouria +Def -Res

Also have the 4* F2P options available for promotion. One Mordecai (+Res -Spd, meh), Panne, Naesala, and three Reysons who I'd be happy to promote and get to +1 but I only have the choice of Def or Neutral at the moment.

1) Velouria herself. Her special acceleration gimmick seems simple enough on the surface, but I want to explore interesting ways to use it, and based on that, who her support partner should be. Just tossing on Moonbow on a couple units and calling it a day seems boring.

My natural instinct is that Velouria herself probably is locked into a damage special because of the Wo Dao effect on her weapon. Just a question of two- versus three-turn cooldown special then?

Her partner on the other hand might have the freedom to run Galeforce, which sounds tempting. Looking at the options right now, it seems though that most of the other beasts' kits are somewhat unsuited for the purpose. Selkie's bond skill, Ranulf's support schtick, Nailah's and Mordecai's Wo Dao, and for obvious reasons Caineghis' kit all conflict with that goal. So my options if I go that route seem to be Lethe, Naesala and Panne. I'm thinking Lethe is the front-runner due to having the best synergy with her dual Solo skills, plus the fact of her being my only red beast meaning her place in the team is fairly secure for now. I don't intend to heavily merge up any of the F2P-friendly beasts so merge access isn't a heavy factor.

2) More generally, I'd appreciate some suggestions on who should be my "default" beast team out of those available units.

7 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

1) Velouria herself. Her special acceleration gimmick seems simple enough on the surface, but I want to explore interesting ways to use it, and based on that, who her support partner should be. Just tossing on Moonbow on a couple units and calling it a day seems boring.

My natural instinct is that Velouria herself probably is locked into a damage special because of the Wo Dao effect on her weapon. Just a question of two- versus three-turn cooldown special then?

Her partner on the other hand might have the freedom to run Galeforce, which sounds tempting. Looking at the options right now, it seems though that most of the other beasts' kits are somewhat unsuited for the purpose. Selkie's bond skill, Ranulf's support schtick, Nailah's and Mordecai's Wo Dao, and for obvious reasons Caineghis' kit all conflict with that goal. So my options if I go that route seem to be Lethe, Naesala and Panne. I'm thinking Lethe is the front-runner due to having the best synergy with her dual Solo skills, plus the fact of her being my only red beast meaning her place in the team is fairly secure for now. I don't intend to heavily merge up any of the F2P-friendly beasts so merge access isn't a heavy factor.

I think it is also worth considering running Galeforce on Velouria and give her Wings of Mercy. You are missing out on the Wo/Harmonic effect, but I think being able to have two Galeforcers not needing Heavy Blade nor Flashing Blade seems like a pretty good idea, since that means it frees up those Seals for Galeforcers on another team.

I think Lethe is a good idea, so you can save Heavy Blade for Tibarn if you summon him in the future.

15 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

2) More generally, I'd appreciate some suggestions on who should be my "default" beast team out of those available units.

Lethe, Velouria, and Mordecai sounds like a good Galeforce combo, with Mordecai Smiting Lethe into range and then having Velouria teleport in.

Since you got Leanne, Reyson, and Naesala, I would wait for Tibarn and make a flying Beast Galeforce team and have that as your other Beast team. Naesala might have trouble activating his Galeforce though since he cannot run Flashing Blade.

I have a +Spd +1 Nino and am wondering how best to build her with minimal effort and investment since I really don't care to use her that much.  Any budget builds that make use of what she has skill wise?

11 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Ranulf, Mordecai, Caineghis and Nailah. You have two flavours of tanks, Mordecai to Smite them into a crowd (his weapon is basically Threaten Spectrum Link) and Ranulf to support. You could have Lethe instead of Nailah if you'd want colour balance.

25 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I have a +Spd +1 Nino and am wondering how best to build her with minimal effort and investment since I really don't care to use her that much.  Any budget builds that make use of what she has skill wise?

If you're willing to sack a Summer Ylgr, she can run Even Atk, Def and Res Waves. Just pair her with someone who buffs speed, and give her Desperation, any +atk/spd A-skill and a cheap special (Glimmer can be fun if you like overkill).

3 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Iris's Tome
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Fury — Life and Death
Desperation
(Any C) — Savage Blow
Brazen Atk/Spd — Heavy Blade — Flashing Blade

I would not bother Refining her tome if you are not going to use her much, but if you do want to Refine it, I lean towards Spd Refinement over special Refinement. Her special Refinement is redundant when you are using Dancers/Singers since they can provide more consistent and/or stronger buffs.

I personally lean towards Moonbow over Glimmer, but either are fine.

Fury is easier to use since it gets you into Desperation range automatically, but Life and Death gives her better results once in Desperation range.

Brazen Atk/Spd is her best A skill. All three boost her damage, but Brazen Atk/Spd also boosts her Spd and is not affected by skills like Guard.

With Guardian Axe's Lull Atk/Def 3 unique refinement and merges, +Atk would work fine for Hawkeye, but I don't think I have a +Atk Hawkeye. I do have +Def, -Spd and +Res, Spd copies of him, though. On one hand, +Def would give him better mixed bulk and on the other +Res would work well to make him purely a magic damage tank. Not sure which I should go with.

Maybe Guard 4 will roll around one day and that would be nice on him unless something weird happens and Null C Disrupt suddenly becomes available in the 4* to 5* summoning pool.

Also, I've seen comments about +HP Virion, but he probably still wants +Spd or +Atk over +HP, right? His HP is still high as gen 3 started and gen 4 continues introducing units with high to high-ish HP and good stats elsewhere like Astram and CYL Alm or Rutger compared to CYL Celica and Mia where he has an extra bit of HP. They still have lower HP than Virion, but certain newer units do have respectable HP now.

Edited by Kaden

15 minutes ago, Kaden said:

With Guardian Axe's Lull Atk/Def 3 unique refinement and merges, +Atk would work fine for Hawkeye, but I don't think I have a +Atk Hawkeye. I do have +Def, -Spd and +Res, Spd copies of him, though. On one hand, +Def would give him better mixed bulk and on the other +Res would work well to make him purely a magic damage tank. Not sure which I should go with.

Maybe Guard 4 will roll around one day and that would be nice on him unless something weird happens and Null C Disrupt suddenly becomes available in the 4* to 5* summoning pool.

Also, I've seen comments about +HP Virion, but he probably still wants +Spd or +Atk over +HP, right? His HP is still high as gen 3 started and gen 4 continues introducing units with high to high-ish HP and good stats elsewhere like Astram and CYL Alm or Rutger compared to CYL Celica and Mia where he has an extra bit of HP. They still have lower HP than Virion, but certain newer units do have respectable HP now.

For Hawkeye, both are really good options. I myself lean towards +Res since I do not have a tank that can take on Ophelia yet.

For Virion, +HP is better if he is a supporting unit. If you actually want to use him in combat, +Atk/Spd/Def/Res would be better depending on what you want him to do, although even with all stat+4, I do not think he is going to excel in combat much.