"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

8 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I have a +Spd +1 Nino and am wondering how best to build her with minimal effort and investment since I really don't care to use her that much.  Any budget builds that make use of what she has skill wise?

Iris's Tome (no refine)
Reposition / Draw Back
Moonbow / Glimmer
Fury 3
Desperation 3
Hone Atk 3 / [whatever]
[whatever Sacred Seal you have available]

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

Also, I've seen comments about +HP Virion, but he probably still wants +Spd or +Atk over +HP, right? His HP is still high as gen 3 started and gen 4 continues introducing units with high to high-ish HP and good stats elsewhere like Astram and CYL Alm or Rutger compared to CYL Celica and Mia where he has an extra bit of HP. They still have lower HP than Virion, but certain newer units do have respectable HP now.

It depends on what you want to use him for. As an Arena cheerleader, he wants to run +HP and doesn't actually need the refine on his weapon. Ideally, he'd be running Savage Blow and Windsweep or Watersweep in this situation.

For actual performance, he'd rather take +Atk or +Spd since his neutral offenses with his weapon's refine effect active is only 35/35, and running his unique weapon prevents him from running Brave Bow or Firesweep Bow.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you do if you've already put up a Field and planted crops before today? Apparently it doesn't notice that you've already done so, so...I'm guessing anyone who did so has to wait until next season? That's just bullshit, man...

14 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

What do you do if you've already put up a Field and planted crops before today? Apparently it doesn't notice that you've already done so, so...I'm guessing anyone who did so has to wait until next season? That's just bullshit, man...

They have fixed the bug I think. Here is the Tweet.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Does summoning with a ticket have better odds of getting 5 star units?

Tickets do not give you better odds. It is the same odds as using Orbs.

3 hours ago, Rinco said:

For a Counter-Vantage Ares, which asset is better? +Atk, +Def?

And for a special, Bonfire or Draconic Aura?

Atk Asset and Bonfire. Here is the full build:

+Atk -HP
Dark Mystletainn
Reposition
Bonfire
Distant Counter
Vantage
Def Smoke
Brazen Atk/Def

The -HP is ideal for Ares with no merges, but it does not matter once you merge.

You want Atk Tactic-Def Tactic buffs on Ares for damage. For maximum damage, we are still missing Fortify Def 4, so you will need VS!Azura with either Hone Atk 4 or Hone Spd 4 and have her Sing to Ares.

Edited by XRay

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

With the changes to the Paid Orbs recently, is the $39.99 pack still the best value or is it one of the other ones now?

$39.99 / 77 = $0.5194 per Orb
$74.99 / 143 = $0.5244 per Orb

77 / $39.99 = 1.9255 Orbs per USD
143 / $74.99 = 1.9069 Orbs per USD

The $39.99 is still slightly cheaper.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

$39.99 / 77 = $0.5194 per Orb
$74.99 / 143 = $0.5244 per Orb

77 / $39.99 = 1.9255 Orbs per USD
143 / $74.99 = 1.9069 Orbs per USD

The $39.99 is still slightly cheaper.

Thanks, and none of the lower quantity ones are better now either?

Just now, Rezzy said:

Thanks, and none of the lower quantity ones are better now either?

$1.99 / 3 = $0.6633
$5.99 / 10 = $0.5990
$12.99 / 23 = $0.5648
$19.99 / 36 = $0.5553
$26.99 / 50 = $0.5398

You still get the most bang with the $39.99 pack. If you are willing to do it in another currency, the biggest Orb pack can be the best deal depending on the currency and it might even cost less too, although you may want to check with your bank and see if there is a foreign exchange fee or something as well as keep an eye on the exchange rates to make sure it is indeed cheaper.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

$1.99 / 3 = $0.6633
$5.99 / 10 = $0.5990
$12.99 / 23 = $0.5648
$19.99 / 36 = $0.5553
$26.99 / 50 = $0.5398

You still get the most bang with the $39.99 pack. If you are willing to do it in another currency, the biggest Orb pack can be the best deal depending on the currency and it might even cost less too, although you may want to check with your bank and see if there is a foreign exchange fee or something as well as keep an eye on the exchange rates to make sure it is indeed cheaper.

Thanks, though that might be too much effort for a penny or two.

15 hours ago, XRay said:

Tickets do not give you better odds. It is the same odds as using Orbs.

Oh, wow, then I must have really good luck with them.

Also, is there ways to get tickets besides through specific events when they are given to you?

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh, wow, then I must have really good luck with them.

Also, is there ways to get tickets besides through specific events when they are given to you?

No. Tickets are limited, usually obtained from Forging Bonds. There are exceptions such as the recent Special Heroes Focus where they gave it out completely free.

I just came back after a two-year hiatus and I'm overwhelmed by all the new features and units! Should I spend my Heroes' Relics on getting the units I've missed out on (and especially which ones?) or should I work on getting my Black Knight to +10 (since he still seems to be top tier)? Thanks!

1 hour ago, raphaelol said:

I just came back after a two-year hiatus and I'm overwhelmed by all the new features and units! Should I spend my Heroes' Relics on getting the units I've missed out on (and especially which ones?) or should I work on getting my Black Knight to +10 (since he still seems to be top tier)? Thanks!

Heroes from GHBs will eventually get reruns, so I would not bother spending Grails on them unless you plan to merge them to +10 or immediately need them to follow a YouTube guide. For a recommendation, I would suggest Aversa, as she is a very powerful debuffer. With few exceptions, I do not think most armors are all that great, so unless you like Black Knight as a character rather than a combat unit, I recommend holding off on putting more merges on him until you have tried him out for yourself in the competitive meta. The meta currently revolves around Aether Raids, as that is the mode where combat performance truly matters and where difficulty really spikes. For Arena, combat performance in lower scoring matches still matter a bit, but combat performance in higher scoring matches is a joke since most enemies run scoring builds at that level and are easy to kill.

You can also spend Grails on Heroes from Tempest Trials. The only ones I strongly recommend are Adrift Azura and A Splendid Soiree Rinea, but I would not worry about getting them immediately unless you need them to follow a guide. A!Azura is available right now, but ASS!Rinea should be available within about a month or so.

Is there any "best" user of the Witchy Wand+?

I still have some Halloween Mia fodder from last year, and I'm aware it's a great Staff, but I've just never given it to anyone...

I have every staff user in the game, but IMO none of them seem any better with it than the next...

So I have some quick questions. 

About fallen young Tiki, what are some easily available A skills for her? I am planning on giving her Fortress DefRes, or Distant Def 4, but until either comes what are some 4* or grail A slots for her since Brazen Atk/Spd doesn't often work due to her running Aether. 

About Naga what B slots can she run other than Chill Spd? It is nice but all of my dragons can reach easily at least 45 spd so I don't think it is needed, so what B slot can help raise her performance (since she can't use Lul Atk/Spd like I wanted her to)? 

Last one, I got a Halloween Hector (+Hp -Def) today and I was wondering how to build him. Will use him In AR defense probably, AB and in the Armor team, I will give him 4 Flowers and thats all I have thought. Skills he will keep his weapon, DC and I will give him ward armor. Which Fighter skill should I give him, Bold or Vengeful from that Legendary Tiki I hate, wary or his Odd Follow up is fine (I know it's not)? I would like to give him Aether but can he run it? I am so confused. 

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I still have some Halloween Mia fodder from last year, and I'm aware it's a great Staff, but I've just never given it to anyone...

I have every staff user in the game, but IMO none of them seem any better with it than the next...

If you are able to, I would give it to staff users of different movement types so you can use Tactics more easily.

As for the best staff user of each movement type, I lean towards Lissa for infantry and Clarine for cavalry. Lissa has good mixed bulk and Clarine can be easily merged and can be given +Def so she can have good mixed bulk too. GOW!Eirika is the only staff armor so far, but I do not think it is worth it to give it to her due to her low mobility.

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

About fallen young Tiki, what are some easily available A skills for her? I am planning on giving her Fortress DefRes, or Distant Def 4, but until either comes what are some 4* or grail A slots for her since Brazen Atk/Spd doesn't often work due to her running Aether. 

Reyson and Thea got Steady Stance. Sheena got Svalinn Shield. Seth got Fortress Def.

About Naga what B slots can she run other than Chill Spd? It is nice but all of my dragons can reach easily at least 45 spd so I don't think it is needed, so what B slot can help raise her performance (since she can't use Lul Atk/Spd like I wanted her to)? 

Dull Ranged, Guard, Breakers, and Quick Riposte.

Last one, I got a Halloween Hector (+Hp -Def) today and I was wondering how to build him. Will use him In AR defense probably, AB and in the Armor team, I will give him 4 Flowers and thats all I have thought. Skills he will keep his weapon, DC and I will give him ward armor. Which Fighter skill should I give him, Bold or Vengeful from that Legendary Tiki I hate, wary or his Odd Follow up is fine (I know it's not)? I would like to give him Aether but can he run it? I am so confused. 

Special Fighter-Quick Riposte for Enemy Phase, or Bold Fighter-Quick Riposte for dual phase. Vengeful Fighter and any defensive Sacred Seals also work for Enemy Phase.

I personally do not recommend Aether unless you can get it to activate during every round of combat. I would go with Bonfire if you cannot give him a skill set that activates Aether during every round of combat. Dealing damage is more important to healing. Sustainability skills are not strong enough to justify being on a combat unit, and it is far more efficient to offload sustainability to a support unit like Herons, Eir, and healers.

Edited by XRay

On 10/10/2019 at 2:40 PM, raphaelol said:

Aversa is currently the best use of Grails because she is one of the best debuffers in the game. She also comes with reasonably competitive stats and a decent starting skill set.

I would also recommend Naesala because flying beasts are incredibly powerful with their conditional 3 Move. Reyson is available as a 4-star pull, so it's not too hard to build a team around them.

Panne isn't quite as good as Naesala, but cavalry beasts still have a useful enough gimmick to be worth looking at. The main downsides for her are her low Atk and the fact that all of the other cavalry beasts are 5-star exclusives, making it harder to build a team with her.

Rinea and Azura can dance if you need more dancers. Rinea is not yet available, but should be added in a month or so.

Loki, Camilla, Louise, and Cecilia are bow and dagger options with decent stats for movement classes without many bows or daggers. Loki is a flying bow; Camilla is a flying dagger, Louise is a cavalry bow, and Cecilia is an armored dagger.

After that, it's mostly down to personal preference and passion projects. Many of the units in the list are still solid, but with the exception of a few units with unique gimmicks, like Kronya (Vantage with a different condition) and Takumi (mobile Bolt-Panic Tower), most of the other units are comparable or outperformed by units in the 4-star summoning pool.

6 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Not really. Witchy Wand is a very support-oriented weapon that's easier to use on player phase, so it really doesn't require any stats to make good use of, but you'd still be best off picking someone that hits hard if only for the free damage. I'd prioritize getting at least one flier (Mia is okay, even if she's the weakest flying staff) and one cavalry (Veronica and Maribelle are the best offensive staff cavalry, but Elise isn't far behind) so that you can utilize their movement-type-specific buffing skills. If you need an infantry Witchy Wand user, Loki is still the best offensive staff infantry with Mikoto and Brady being competitive.

4 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Svalinn Shield. Any Blow or Stance skill you have available. Fortress Def.

Atk/Spd Bond is available from Louise, though you will need to promote her for it.

I use Wings of Mercy. Flier Formation is expensive, but can be used for flier teams, and Aerobatics is also expensive, but can be used for mixed teams.

If you want a combat skill, you can't really go wrong with Desperation for player phase or Quick Riposte for enemy phase. Dull Close is still stupidly rare for no good reason, but is also a decent skill to use, as is the much more common Dull Ranged.

Guard is also a decent choice.

If Duma is a problem, you can use Renewal, but it's probably still better to use a Healing Tower or staffie for the job.

Bold Fighter is only good if you have Armor March support or Armored Boots as the Sacred Seal. Bold Fighter armors without mobility are not threatening.

Armors not running Bold Fighter are also not really threatening. Wary Fighter is better for stalling. Vengeful Fighter isn't great when under AI control. Honestly, you may want to consider Vantage instead.

Aether is terrible on an AI-controlled unit. It simply doesn't charge fast enough to be useful.

For other modes, any template armor build works fine.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Svalinn Shield. Any Blow or Stance skill you have available. Fortress Def.

Atk/Spd Bond is available from Louise, though you will need to promote her for it.

I use Wings of Mercy. Flier Formation is expensive, but can be used for flier teams, and Aerobatics is also expensive, but can be used for mixed teams.

If you want a combat skill, you can't really go wrong with Desperation for player phase or Quick Riposte for enemy phase. Dull Close is still stupidly rare for no good reason, but is also a decent skill to use, as is the much more common Dull Ranged.

Guard is also a decent choice.

If Duma is a problem, you can use Renewal, but it's probably still better to use a Healing Tower or staffie for the job.

Bold Fighter is only good if you have Armor March support or Armored Boots as the Sacred Seal. Bold Fighter armors without mobility are not threatening.

Armors not running Bold Fighter are also not really threatening. Wary Fighter is better for stalling. Vengeful Fighter isn't great when under AI control. Honestly, you may want to consider Vantage instead.

Aether is terrible on an AI-controlled unit. It simply doesn't charge fast enough to be useful.

For other modes, any template armor build works fine.

Will go for Thea's B slot for now and will at times change with Fortress Defense. 

As for Naga, I think I will go for Dull Ranged a cheap(20000 feathers) and solid option. 

As for hector the armored team has two armor Marches so I will go for Bold fighter, as it is from a Zelgius that I used only to clear the wind Gardens some months ago and has this as his B slot. Making it the only easily available offensive Fighter skill. 

What are some ways that his base B slot can be used? 

Edited by SuperNova125

On 10/8/2019 at 11:11 AM, XRay said:

For Hawkeye, both are really good options. I myself lean towards +Res since I do not have a tank that can take on Ophelia yet.

For Virion, +HP is better if he is a supporting unit. If you actually want to use him in combat, +Atk/Spd/Def/Res would be better depending on what you want him to do, although even with all stat+4, I do not think he is going to excel in combat much.

Yeah, but with the Lull Atk/Def 3 unique refinement, +Atk Hawkeye having effectively 39 base Atk and his personal 16 Mt for 55 total Atk is fun and the Lull Atk part of it would bump him up to 31/33 defenses in combat. That said, 34/33 defenses or 31/36 defenses in combat is nice too. The +Def, -Spd one took a while to show up from what I remember. I summoned the +Res, -Spd one first and several copies of +Res, -Spd Hawkeye showed up before the +Def, -Spd did. I don't remember summoning a +Atk, -Spd one, but a +Atk one probably did show up at some point.

On 10/8/2019 at 3:11 PM, Ice Dragon said:

It depends on what you want to use him for. As an Arena cheerleader, he wants to run +HP and doesn't actually need the refine on his weapon. Ideally, he'd be running Savage Blow and Windsweep or Watersweep in this situation.

For actual performance, he'd rather take +Atk or +Spd since his neutral offenses with his weapon's refine effect active is only 35/35, and running his unique weapon prevents him from running Brave Bow or Firesweep Bow.

I think I lean more towards performance which is why +Atk and +Spd Virion appeal to me more. That, and having actual attack or actual speed seems safer than relying on the Spectrum Boost unique refinement which while it works off of his max HP, in certain situations and perhaps eventually, it will become harder for him to pass the HP check.

Forgot to add that I really do like how you don't need to refine Virion's Dignified Bow to get a lot of out of it. Same with personal -blade and Brave weapons, Book of Orchids since it fortunately came with Death Blow 3 as its base effect, Dauntless Lance considering it has a Killer effect and effective damage against armors, and Hermit's Tome among others.

Edited by Kaden

Best uses for halloween Hector's screen nuke effect? Just pulled him, with fantastic IVs to boot. So i'm wondering when is the best time to drop that active AoE nuke he has built in? And is it usable in all modes?

6 hours ago, Faellin said:

Best uses for halloween Hector's screen nuke effect? Just pulled him, with fantastic IVs to boot. So i'm wondering when is the best time to drop that active AoE nuke he has built in? And is it usable in all modes?

Pair him with Kronya for Aether Raids. Whenever you are ready send Kronya into battle, use him to deal damage.

For most other team compositions, I do not think using him is worth it unless you are going for an armor team or something.

Edited by XRay

Pulled a 2nd Halloween Hector, and there are so many possibilities here.

1: Merge, boring since my 1st doesn't have an IV worth patching up, -speed

2: DC fodder, always good to have. Garon is next on my list for the skill if it helps

3: Duo nuke shenanigans. Which sounds hilarious and fun. And if this is the best use of it, i'm going to try and pull 2 more so I can run a full team of him.

So what would be the recomended course of action here?

Also how is halloween L'arachel with -attack +speed IVs?

Edited by Faellin

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

3: Duo nuke shenanigans. Which sounds hilarious and fun. And if this is the best use of it, i'm going to try and pull 2 more so I can run a full team of him.

Put both of him with Kronya and two Mythics. Kronya can run Null C-Disrupt instead of Special Spiral, and you can Counter-Vantage even against defense teams with Firesweep. Just be sure to take out Hardy Bearing units first.

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

Also how is halloween L'arachel with -attack +speed IVs?

She is running Blárblade anyways, so it does not really matter that she got -Atk. If the -Atk is really unsightly and bugs you, a merge will take care of it. The important Asset is +Spd, which she has.

Edited by XRay

On 10/11/2019 at 11:08 AM, Xenomata said:

well it would just depend on whom you want to use right?
i mean to be fair you tend to +10 everyone, but for me I'm going to give my extra witchy wands to Priscilla and Serra. if you plan to +10 Elise or have Maribelle maybe them because they are stronger and might actually KO them.