"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

On 10/12/2019 at 3:03 AM, Faellin said:

Best uses for halloween Hector's screen nuke effect? Just pulled him, with fantastic IVs to boot. So i'm wondering when is the best time to drop that active AoE nuke he has built in? And is it usable in all modes?

Setting up a Vantage sweep. Setting up a Galeforce sweep. Making Seliph more tolerable in Aether Raids. Babysitting in the Arena (assuming you can use it in the Arena).

9 hours ago, Faellin said:

Pulled a 2nd Halloween Hector, and there are so many possibilities here.

1: Merge, boring since my 1st doesn't have an IV worth patching up, -speed

2: DC fodder, always good to have. Garon is next on my list for the skill if it helps

3: Duo nuke shenanigans. Which sounds hilarious and fun. And if this is the best use of it, i'm going to try and pull 2 more so I can run a full team of him.

So what would be the recomended course of action here?

I'd go for 3. But you don't need a full team of him unless you want it for the lulz. Having 2 Hectors is already either 40 damage to 3 columns or 20 damage to the entire map, and any more Hectors on the team costs you versatility.

9 hours ago, Faellin said:

Also how is halloween L'arachel with -attack +speed IVs?

Fine.

33/37 offenses is already better than all other green tome cavalry other than Mist (34/37 with +Spd).

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Setting up a Galeforce sweep.

I think even using just 1 A Monster Harvest Hector for 20 damage might be too much damage for reliable Galeforce though since enemies might die in one hit. My Cordelia sometimes have problem activating Galeforce against squishy targets since she kills them in one hit.

7 hours ago, daisy jane said:

well it would just depend on whom you want to use right?
i mean to be fair you tend to +10 everyone, but for me I'm going to give my extra witchy wands to Priscilla and Serra. if you plan to +10 Elise or have Maribelle maybe them because they are stronger and might actually KO them. 

Oh maybe I should post follow-ups to my questions.
It's on Elise. Considering my options and plans, she seemed the best choice.

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So I got a Sirius the other day (+Atk/-Spd) and I was looking for some builds that might make him annoying to deal with, so any advice?

For Aether Raids, the only annoying and effective build melee cavalry can do is Firesweep-Lunge/Drag Back.

(Any Nature) — +Spd
Firesweep L — Firesweep S
(Any Assist)
(Any Special) — Galeforce
(Any A) — Sturdy Impact — Mirror Impact
Lunge — Drag Back
(Any C) — Savage Blow — Smokes
(Any Sacred Seal) — Darting Blow — Hardy Bearing

Melee cavalry Firesweepers are not as good at dealing with Player Phase teams in my opinion due to its lack of reach compared to ranged cavalry Firesweepers, but it poses a stronger threat against supertank teams that rely on Wards and Drives for buffs. It will not handle every type of super tank team though, such as super tank teams that rely on debuffs and Openings/Eliwood: Blazing Knight.

Edited by XRay

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

For Aether Raids, the only annoying and effective build melee cavalry can do is Firesweep-Lunge/Drag Back.

(Any Nature) — +Spd
Firesweep L — Firesweep S
(Any Assist)
(Any Special) — Galeforce
(Any A) — Sturdy Impact — Mirror Impact
Lunge — Drag Back
(Any C) — Savage Blow — Smokes
(Any Sacred Seal) — Darting Blow — Hardy Bearing

Melee cavalry Firesweepers are not as good at dealing with Player Phase teams in my opinion due to its lack of reach compared to ranged cavalry Firesweepers, but it poses a stronger threat against supertank teams that rely on Wards and Drives for buffs. It will not handle every type of super tank team though, such as super tank teams that rely on debuffs and Openings/Eliwood: Blazing Knight.

Perhaps I should specify.  I meant arena/AA.  I'm no longer bothering with Arena 2.0.

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Perhaps I should specify.  I meant arena/AA.  I'm no longer bothering with Arena 2.0.

For Arena Assault, there is no point in building a defense team against offensive players' Teams 2-7 since they can preview the map and shutdown whatever you have. Against players' Team 1, you can just spam Effective Weapons against a specific unit type so players would prefer to immediately surrender to fish for something easier. I recommend spamming Armor Effective Weapons since I think players use that the most for fishing a higher score.

+Atk/Spd
Armor Effective Weapon
(Any Assist)
Glimmer
Sturdy Impact — Mirror Impact
Guard — Null Follow-Up — Lulls — Breakers
Def Smoke — Res Smoke — Savage Blow
Sturdy Blow — Darting Blow — Savage Blow

As long as you have Effective Weapons, I do not think the rest of the build really matters, but you do want to use higher scoring skills so you can match against armor teams.

I do not think there is a point in building a defense team for Arena since players will just curb stomp whatever you have with a super buffed bonus unit. The defense team does not get home field advantage and the offensive player either starts in an equal or better position than the defense team. The only maps that defense teams might stand a chance of consistently winning is the parallel vertical bridges map and the boat map with breakable boxes.

I personally never had issues with the boat map with breakable boxes, so I am not sure how you would set up a defense team for that, but a lot of players did have issues with that map in the past (I am not sure if players still have trouble against that map still). For the parallel vertical bridges map, you need a defense team with 3 ranged cavalry for consistency (the fourth bonus unit can be anything) and keep in mind that this is only effective against grounded pure Player Phase teams (they have no room to Dance/Sing-Reposition and they do not have the bulk to withstand attacks). Anything less than 3 ranged cavalry does not exert enough pressure in my opinion. You can still try to use the Firesweep-Drag Back/Lunge build, but I think it gives a skilled Player Phase player too much room to breath.

Edited by XRay

14 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Is it true that legendary hero reruns are on a set schedule?

If so, does anyone happen to know when Julia and Lucina's next rerun is? Last 2 legendaries I need.

It's simply whoever's being re-run that particular month.

4vsihqyskop31.png

20 hours ago, XRay said:

I think even using just 1 A Monster Harvest Hector for 20 damage might be too much damage for reliable Galeforce though since enemies might die in one hit. My Cordelia sometimes have problem activating Galeforce against squishy targets since she kills them in one hit.

You can pop the nuke after you activate Galeforce to make sure the rest of the things die.

8 hours ago, Faellin said:

Is it true that legendary hero reruns are on a set schedule?

If so, does anyone happen to know when Julia and Lucina's next rerun is? Last 2 legendaries I need.

To clarify a bit on @Humanoid's response, on the notification board entry for every Legendary/Mythic Hero banner, they announce when each of the Legendary/Mythic Heroes on the banner is scheduled to return next. Unfortunately, the only announce the month for the Legendary/Mythic Heroes that are present on that particular banner, so you have to dig up older notifications to get the entire schedule, but that's what the graphic that Humanoid posted is, compiled from all of the notifications we currently have.

Now usually, when I ask a question I try to be polite, maybe sound curious or studious (I try, shush), but bear with me because this one time, I think it can be excused...

How the f**k am I supposed to use the Defiant Atk seal?

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Now usually, when I ask a question I try to be polite, maybe sound curious or studious (I try, shush), but bear with me because this one time, I think it can be excused...

How the f**k am I supposed to use the Defiant Atk seal?

Arena Assault for your less commonly used Desperation nukes or Counter-Vantage units.

You can also use it with Kaden for Aether Raids to help him buff others, although it might not be as reliable since not everyone upgrades their Bolt Traps.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

Arena Assault for your less commonly used Desperation nukes or Counter-Vantage units.

You can also use it with Kaden for Aether Raids to help him buff others, although it might not be as reliable since not everyone upgrades their Bolt Traps.

I only have one Counter-Vantage unit that I actually use, and that's Laevatein. So maybe she'd get some mileage out of it, but I usually use her with one of my Tactics buffers anyway (Titania and Seth), and I prefer Brazen Atk/Def on her anyway.
Kaden... I prefer he hold one of the Drive seals, and like Laev he's usually with one of my Tactics buffers.

...it just seems pointless when we have all the possible Brazen Atk/xxx skills possible as seals, and the trigger requirements are just harsh enough to not be worth it (and at least Brazens are immediately useful).

Just now, Xenomata said:

I only have one Counter-Vantage unit that I actually use, and that's Laevatein. So maybe she'd get some mileage out of it, but I usually use her with one of my Tactics buffers anyway (Titania and Seth), and I prefer Brazen Atk/Def on her anyway.
Kaden... I prefer he hold one of the Drive seals, and like Laev he's usually with one of my Tactics buffers.

...it just seems pointless when we have all the possible Brazen Atk/xxx skills possible as seals, and the trigger requirements are just harsh enough to not be worth it (and at least Brazens are immediately useful).

It is for your less used units, not for your primary frequently used units since they want to run Brazens instead which are easier to activate and stronger in stat buffs.

For example, I would just put it on a 4*+10 Fury-Blade mage or something similar that you use once in a while.

For Kaden, yeah, Drives are stronger if you can already give Kaden bonus buffs with another unit.

@XRay considering the facts... hm. I guess I have Tharja... still use Tailtiu as a Bladetome... both forms of Olwen might like it with their bladetomes...

They're just bladetomes that get used as the 4th unit with the previously mentioned Tactics units, kind of as backup if something goes a little not the way I planned (or I panic, which is more likely).

Thinking of giving my +1 +Spd ToD!Sakura a new weapon so she can be slightly more useful than just fighting mages.

Most likely will give her Barb Shuriken[Spd] with Fury & Desperation. If and when they release a generic version of Lethal Carrot, would that be better? What are some fun budget builds that I can try for fun?     

Edited by Flying Shogi

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

Thinking of giving my +1 +Spd ToD!Sakura a new weapon so she can be slightly more useful than just fighting mages.

Most likely will give her Barb Shuriken[Spd] with Fury & Desperation. If and when they release a generic version of Lethal Carrot, would that be better? What are some fun budget builds that I can try for fun?     

Slaying Weapons are stronger once in Desperation range, due to being able to activate a Special for every round of combat.

Wo/Harmonic Weapons are stronger during a unit's first round of combat or when their HP is full.

For a budget build, you can run her as a Spd/Res tank with Swift Stance on the Sacred Seal slot. Her B slot can be a Breaker or Dull Range. Guard can work too if you encounter enough Brave mages to make it worthwhile.

Edited by XRay

What is the best option of these skills do you think? Now that I got Rutger to +10 I think Joshua might be the next year long project. These were the best ideas I could come up with. Thoughts?

Joshua Builds:

Audhulma

Swap/Reposition

Iceberg

A: Distant Counter or ATK Res bond 3

B: chill ATK 3/shield pulse 3/wrath 3/ ATK res link 3/def res link 3/ special spiral 3

😄ploys/smokes/waves

Seal: ATK res bond 3/distant def 3/close def 3

Edited by Zihark11

I'm thinking of making my L'Arachel +10. I was going to do it eventually, but her being a bonus unit in Tempest Trials pushed her up in the queue. But before I spend a lot of feathers I wanted to ask what her best boon would be, and what the best set to run is. The one I have is +Atk, but I can switch to +Spd easily. Also, is Ivaldi even worth running, or is it completely outclassed by Blárblade+? 

47 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

I'm thinking of making my L'Arachel +10. I was going to do it eventually, but her being a bonus unit in Tempest Trials pushed her up in the queue. But before I spend a lot of feathers I wanted to ask what her best boon would be, and what the best set to run is. The one I have is +Atk, but I can switch to +Spd easily. Also, is Ivaldi even worth running, or is it completely outclassed by Blárblade+? 

i think the general rule of them is barblade rules all. (I also though   ❤️  giving my units different weapons depending on the occasion LOL). 
i just feel w/the game as it is, you'll always want more speed (regardless of what you are using). Invaldi wants atk, and the blade wants the speed. 

My 5* is +atk and runs both very well, (and i have the +spd copy on standby).i think either way if ou make sure you hone her out (or if you give her swift sparrow/atk/spd solo or whatever she'll be fine w/any nature). 

6 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

What is the best option of these skills do you think? Now that I got Rutger to +10 I think Joshua might be the next year long project. These were the best ideas I could come up with. Thoughts?

Joshua Builds:

Audhulma

Swap/Reposition

Iceberg

B: chill ATK 3/shield pulse 3/wrath 3/ ATK res link 3/def res link 3/ special spiral 3

😄ploys/smokes/waves

Weapon, Assist, and Special looks fine.

For A, I lean towards Distant Counter if you can afford it. If not Atk/Res Bond is fine too if it is not for Aether Raids; Bonds are too risky to use in my opinion due to the amount of ranged units.

For B, I do not like Chills and Links on a combat unit since those buffs and debuffs are better on support units. All slots on a combat unit are valuable, and they cannot really afford to run support skills when they can be running combat skills. Shield Pulse does not work with Iceberg. Special Spiral and Wrath are the best out of the bunch, but I recommend Lull Atk/Spd over them for better performance if you can afford it. Quick Riposte is also a strong performance option and it is cheap too compared to other B skills.

For C, I am not a huge fan of Ploys since the area is so small and you really need to line up your units, which is not always practical. Smokes are good if you plan to have Joshua go through multiple rounds of combat, but it is not very helpful if he only does one round of combat per Enemy Phase turn. I do not recommend Waves since it is not consistent and other units can provide the stat buffs.

For Sacred Seal, I highly recommend Quick Riposte if you do not have it on you B slot. If you already have Quick Riposte, any skills that boost Def/Res can work, just make sure to tailor to the mode you are using him in. I recommend Bonds since the stat boost is massive, although I recommend against it if it is for Aether Raids due to a large amount of ranged units that can hit whoever is behind him. Close Def, Steady Stance, and Warding Stance are good options since they are applicable anywhere; Distant Def is not as good unless you run Distant Counter. Atk Smoke is also good if he is facing multiple rounds of combat per turn.

4 hours ago, BoaFerox said:

As @daisy jane said, Blade tomes outclasses every offensive tome. Brave tomes are good too but I think Blades still outperforms them by a bit, but I do not think it is enough to justify switching Brave tomes to Blade tomes unless you are going for Counter-Vantage.

There are two sets for offensive mages: a standard Player Phase Desperation build and a Counter-Vantage build.

A standard Player Phase build can go either +Atk or +Spd. +Spd is generally better to ensure more doubling. +Atk is not bad, but it is not as necessary since Blade mages will be hitting twice, so they do not need their single hit damage to be astronomical. Counter-Vantage wants +Atk because they need that single hit damage to be insanely high in order to kill things in one hit and not die.

Player Phase:
+Atk/Spd
Blárblade
Reposition
Ruptured Sky - Moonbow - Glimmer
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C) - Res Smoke - Savage Blow
Brazen Atk/Spd - (Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Spd, or Atk/Spd)

Counter-Vantage:
+Atk
Blárblade
Reposition
Close Counter
Vantage
Brazen Atk/Spd

Edited by XRay

40 minutes ago, XRay said:

Weapon, Assist, and Special looks fine.

For A, I lean towards Distant Counter if you can afford it. If not Atk/Res Bond is fine too if it is not for Aether Raids; Bonds are too risky to use in my opinion due to the amount of ranged units.

For B, I do not like Chills and Links on a combat unit since those buffs and debuffs are better on support units. All slots on a combat unit are valuable, and they cannot really afford to run support skills when they can be running combat skills. Shield Pulse does not work with Iceberg. Special Spiral and Wrath are the best out of the bunch, but I recommend Lull Atk/Spd over them for better performance if you can afford it. Quick Riposte is also a strong performance option and it is cheap too compared to other B skills.

For C, I am not a huge fan of Ploys since the area is so small and you really need to line up your units, which is not always practical. Smokes are good if you plan to have Joshua go through multiple rounds of combat, but it is not very helpful if he only does one round of combat per Enemy Phase turn. I do not recommend Waves since it is not consistent and other units can provide the stat buffs.

For Sacred Seal, I highly recommend Quick Riposte if you do not have it on you B slot. If you already have Quick Riposte, any skills that boost Def/Res can work, just make sure to tailor to the mode you are using him in. I recommend Bonds since the stat boost is massive, although I recommend against it if it is for Aether Raids due to a large amount of ranged units that can hit whoever is behind him. Close Def, Steady Stance, and Warding Stance are good options since they are applicable anywhere; Distant Def is not as good unless you run Distant Counter. Atk Smoke is also good if he is facing multiple rounds of combat per turn.

As @daisy jane said, Blade tomes outclasses every offensive tome. Brave tomes are good too but I think Blades still outperforms them by a bit, but I do not think it is enough to justify switching Brave tomes to Blade tomes unless you are going for Counter-Vantage.

There are two sets for offensive mages: a standard Player Phase Desperation build and a Counter-Vantage build.

A standard Player Phase build can go either +Atk or +Spd. +Spd is generally better to ensure more doubling. +Atk is not bad, but it is not as necessary since Blade mages will be hitting twice, so they do not need their single hit damage to be astronomical. Counter-Vantage wants +Atk because they need that single hit damage to be insanely high in order to kill things in one hit and not die.

Player Phase:

+Atk/Spd

Blárblade

Reposition

(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)

Desperation

Brazen Atk/Spd - (Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Spd, or Atk/Spd)

Counter-Vantage

+Atk

Blárblade

Reposition

Close Counter

Vantage

Brazen Atk/Spd

Sick thanks for the tips! i do not have the Lull skill sadly but i got quick riposte for sure. and i can afford the DC atm because my nailiah is -Atk and it hinders her hard.Joshua will not be used in aether raids so i may also debate on the A slot skill. Atk smoke or spd smoke will be used for his C then. For B ill go quick riposte or special spiral. For seal ill either go atk res bond or distant def 3. He will pair well with my rutger. Joshua takes care of the ranged units while rutger deals with the close ranged units (ideally)

Edited by Zihark11

@daisy jane @XRay Alright, thanks. I guess if it matters that little I just might keep the +Atk one I have because of sentimental value (I pulled her on her debut banner, and she showed up on the same circle as Mage Eirika so they are next to eachother in the barracks if I sort by obtained). Hopefully she doesn't get an Ivaldi refine in the future that really wants +Spd, haha.

I have one more question. I'm considering making Mordecai +10 as well, as I have been blessed with quite a lot of copies of him. I would want to use him as a Smite user for Aether Raids, but also have him hold his own as a physical tank. What are the most optimal sets to achieve this? I have extra Brave Ikes that I can use to give him Steady Breath, so he would do huge damage with Ignis. None of my Mordecai are +Def though, which is a superboon for him. Should I bring him to +9 and then wait for the +Def copy to show up in the future, or is +Atk actually better? I guess it's essentially a choice between reaching 50 Def or reaching 60 Atk while transformed.

10 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

Joshua Builds:

Audhulma

Swap/Reposition

Iceberg

😄ploys/smokes/waves

I'd personally run Wrath + Ruptured Sky/Moonbow over Special Spiral + Iceberg if you have the option to do so. Iceberg is more consistent, but Moonbow will hit harder against bulkier opponents (Wrath + Moonbow off of 30 enemy Def is equal to Iceberg off of 38 Res), and Ruptured Sky is just a better Moonbow.

Bond skills are fine to use for enemy-phase units (or teleporting units), but are a bit awkward for player-phase units or dual-phase units, so when choosing your Sacred Seal, keep in mind what playstyle you intend to use.

9 hours ago, BoaFerox said:

Blarblade is generally better, but Ivaldi honestly isn't a bad option due to the fact that it gives you +3 Spd over Blarblade, which can sometimes be nice to have considering Larchel's otherwise mediocre 31 base Spd. Ivaldi is also a fairly early Gen 2 weapon, meaning it's likely to get a refine sooner rather than later, but Blarblade is relatively cheap, so there no huge cost to just having both available.

With Ivaldi, I'd definitely go with +Spd.

With Blarblade, it's a tossup between +Atk and +Spd. +Atk gives her more one-hit kills, which plays well with the fact that she has the second highest base Atk of all blue tome cavalry, but +Spd can help land follow-up attacks.

Builds for both weapons are pretty much the same:

Blarblade+ / Ivaldi
Reposition
Ruptured Sky / Moonbow / Glimmer
Swift Sparrow 3 / Swift Sparrow 2 / Atk/Spd Solo 3 / Fury 4 / Fury 3 / Life and Death 3 / Brazen Atk/Spd 4 / Brazen Atk/Spd 3
Desperation 3 / Lull Atk/Spd 3 / Lull Atk/Res 3 (once it exists) / Lull Spd/Res 3 (once it exists)
Hone Cavalry / Fortify Cavalry / [whatever]
[something that boosts Atk and/or Spd]

Blarblade also has the option of running a Vantage set (this set should always run +Atk):

Blarblade+
Reposition
Ruptured Sky / Moonbow / Glimmer
Close Counter
Vantage 3
Hone Cavalry / Fortify Cavalry / [whatever]
Fierce Stance 3 / [whatever]

2 hours ago, BoaFerox said:

I have one more question. I'm considering making Mordecai +10 as well, as I have been blessed with quite a lot of copies of him. I would want to use him as a Smite user for Aether Raids, but also have him hold his own as a physical tank. What are the most optimal sets to achieve this? I have extra Brave Ikes that I can use to give him Steady Breath, so he would do huge damage with Ignis. None of my Mordecai are +Def though, which is a superboon for him. Should I bring him to +9 and then wait for the +Def copy to show up in the future, or is +Atk actually better? I guess it's essentially a choice between reaching 50 Def or reaching 60 Atk while transformed.

With very few exceptions, I personally lean towards +Def/Res (+Def in this case for Mordecai) for slow Enemy Phase units. +Def/Res increases survivability as well as indirectly increasing Atk via Ignis/Glacies damage. I think you can also go +Res for Mordecai if you use him on Light Season to give him more balanced stats; +Res-Warding Breath-Warding Stance will bring him up to 46 Def and 47 Res if he is at +10 and got 2 Eirs.

@Ice Dragon prefers +Atk for higher overall damage. You do not really need that much survivability since you are not supposed to let Mordecai tank things he cannot handle, so you might as well increase Atk to make sure whatever is attacking you is dead.

Edited by XRay