"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

I summoned Halloween Jakob and Halloween Henry with [+Def -Spd] and [+Res -Spd] respectively. I'm not going back into that hellhole I summoned them from, so I gotta make these asset/flaw combos work.

While I'd much rather keep their original weapons on them, the refined Trick or Defeat weapons are a little iffy so I'll stick to giving them something else.
For Jakob, besides 4* available bows, I can see him using a Short Bow+ kind of alright, with Bold Fighter and Bonfire. I also have a Devilish Bow he could take to somewhat replicate the effects of Special Fighter without giving him it and Quick Riposte SS.
For Henry, I have a Buoyboard and Gronnserpent he can inherit in addition to any 4* available G.Tomes. I'd normally automatically think Gronnowl, but I feel some of the reason I'd give it to him, his Spd being alright, is null thanks to his Flaw, and it just wouldn't be the same set with Vengeful Fighter instead of Special Fighter.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

For Jakob, besides 4* available bows, I can see him using a Short Bow+ kind of alright, with Bold Fighter and Bonfire. I also have a Devilish Bow he could take to somewhat replicate the effects of Special Fighter without giving him it and Quick Riposte SS.

For Trick or Defeat Jakob, I highly recommend Firesweep Bow-Armored Boots combo. He has excellent mobility due to armor units not being slowed down and since he will not take counterattacks, his Armored Boots is practically up forever. Brave Bow also works assuming TOD!Jakob can kill in two hits. +Atk would be ideal, but +Def should still work. I had +Def too until I managed to grab +Atk when the Focus had a rerun last year.

Firesweep Bow — Brave Bow
Reposition
Ruptured Sky — Moonbow
Death Blow
Bold Fighter
(Any C)
Armored Boots

14 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

For Henry, I have a Buoyboard and Gronnserpent he can inherit in addition to any 4* available G.Tomes. I'd normally automatically think Gronnowl, but I feel some of the reason I'd give it to him, his Spd being alright, is null thanks to his Flaw, and it just wouldn't be the same set with Vengeful Fighter instead of Special Fighter.

Gronnowl is nice for non-Aether Raids. For Aether Raids, I would only go Gronnowl if he is in an armor team since they want to stick together and they generally have enough bulk to handle whatever ranged units throw at them.

I think I lean towards Gronnserpent unless you can give him Close Counter.

11 hours ago, Xenomata said:

While I'd much rather keep their original weapons on them, the refined Trick or Defeat weapons are a little iffy so I'll stick to giving them something else.

Jakob's most common builds are Brave Bow + Bold Fighter, Guard Bow + Vengeful Fighter, and Slaying Bow + Bold/Vengeful Fighter.

Note that if Jakob's Def is going to be 34 or higher (which it is with that Asset), Slaying Bow + Ignis will deal more damage than Short Bow + Bonfire.

11 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Gronnowl is still preferred for a Close Counter build. Gronnserpent if not Close Counter.

Gronnowl + Vengeful Fighter was his "standard" build prior to Special Fighter's release. Special Fighter is a bit iffy if you aren't running the Quick Riposte seal on him or seriously Spd stacking due to the Spd creep. Honestly, I'm still not really sold on Special Fighter for enemy-phase-exclusive player-controlled builds.

Gronnblade + Bold Fighter is also always an option.

21 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Blarblade is generally better, but Ivaldi honestly isn't a bad option due to the fact that it gives you +3 Spd over Blarblade, which can sometimes be nice to have considering Larchel's otherwise mediocre 31 base Spd. Ivaldi is also a fairly early Gen 2 weapon, meaning it's likely to get a refine sooner rather than later, but Blarblade is relatively cheap, so there no huge cost to just having both available.

With Ivaldi, I'd definitely go with +Spd.

I went with +Spd in the end, I doubt I'd ever make her a Vantage unit. I'm very pleased with how she turned out, I gave her dragonflowers as well so now she reaches 42 Spd with Fury 3 equipped. Thanks for the help everyone!

The novelty gimick of having 3 halloween hector's is starting to wear off on me, so i'm probably just going to fodder 2 of them off for distant counter

So my question is, how is Garon with it? I currently have him at +7 and plan on finishing his merges once the grails come in to do so.

11 minutes ago, Super Endriu said:

Which A skill would be best for H!Mia.

I have both atk/spd bond and solo.

for how fliers work, i'd go w/solo. (leave bonds etc for Infantry)

however i will say, having all of the flying healers.. Mia hits like a wet noodle and if it were me (and i actually have the fodder but was told not to do it) i wouldn't be giving prime fodder to her (unless you're trying to +10 her out or something). Mia really is for utility - the zap, and then retreat option (My mia has dazzle, WOM, atk tactic and (for TT, res tactic.fly teams, hone fliers/live to serve/flier formation), so she zips in and out healing people and applicable for honing). 

6 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

for how fliers work, i'd go w/solo. (leave bonds etc for Infantry)

however i will say, having all of the flying healers.. Mia hits like a wet noodle and if it were me (and i actually have the fodder but was told not to do it) i wouldn't be giving prime fodder to her (unless you're trying to +10 her out or something). Mia really is for utility - the zap, and then retreat option (My mia has dazzle, WOM, atk tactic and (for TT, res tactic.fly teams, hone fliers/live to serve/flier formation), so she zips in and out healing people and applicable for honing). 

+10 is not really an option (I have been running a f2p account so far), my single copy Mia cost me 560 orbs, yeah...

She certainly doesn't hit like a truck but even at +0 (and +atk) she can reach a respectable 57-58 atk and 46-47spd with flier buff, flowers and solo/bond skill, and that is before goad fliers. Might come in handy. I am just not sure if solo or bond skill, its situational I know.

1 minute ago, Super Endriu said:

+10 is not really an option (I have been running a f2p account so far), my single copy Mia cost me 560 orbs, yeah...

She certainly doesn't hit like a truck but even at +0 (and +atk) she can reach a respectable 57-58 atk and 46-47spd with flier buff, flowers and solo/bond skill, and that is before goad fliers. Might come in handy. I am just not sure if solo or bond skill, its situational I know.

that's a lot cheaper than my mia that's for sure!
like i said. if you're determined to use either one of those - probably the solo.

Just now, Super Endriu said:

Rng sucks. Glad to see another die-hard Mia fan.

So you badcally kept her og a skill or did you give her something else entirely?

Flier Fetish. I'm a slave. lol. 

My Mia has(at a -hp/+res iv)
Atk+3 (and her native A skill the spd/res bond). 
WoM/Live to Serve. 
Hone Fliers, Atk Tactic, (will probably kill a shigure for ward fliers)
then Def/Res tactic (depending on what i need),live to serve. 

but i built her for pure support. 
(and i will admit, had she come at +spd or +atk, i'd still probably would have done this build because for the most part as i mentioned her job really is to zap people with guard, and then run away., (to be fair too i have other healers who can hit harder as well, and now that I have camilla well. lol that's HER job lol). 

You could wait and kill Camilla for Atk/Spd Push 4. (this way it's just pure offense, other than healing. (then you can just run renewal on her SS anyway).

Got a +Hp -spd Silque. I like her as a character so I would like to use her but I don't see the point of having healers with so good defensive stats in exchange for their offenses. What are some builds she can run that utilize her statline? Just some ideas for builds or the reason many people were pleasantly surprised. 

43 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Flier Fetish. I'm a slave. lol. 

My Mia has(at a -hp/+res iv)
Atk+3 (and her native A skill the spd/res bond). 
WoM/Live to Serve. 
Hone Fliers, Atk Tactic, (will probably kill a shigure for ward fliers)
then Def/Res tactic (depending on what i need),live to serve. 

but i built her for pure support. 
(and i will admit, had she come at +spd or +atk, i'd still probably would have done this build because for the most part as i mentioned her job really is to zap people with guard, and then run away., (to be fair too i have other healers who can hit harder as well, and now that I have camilla well. lol that's HER job lol). 

You could wait and kill Camilla for Atk/Spd Push 4. (this way it's just pure offense, other than healing. (then you can just run renewal on her SS anyway).

Indeed, atk spd push might be the best option. I wouldn't run renewal, though, ss for more atk/spd power 🙂

I think I will wait a little longer. Especially since I cant fodder off silque for dazzling because I sent my lissas and azamas home (just yesterday).

Thanks for the tips!

Just now, Super Endriu said:

Indeed, atk spd push might be the best option. I wouldn't run renewal, though, ss for more atk/spd power 🙂

I think I will wait a little longer. Especially since I cant fodder off silque for dazzling because I sent my lissas and azamas home (just yesterday).

Thanks for the tips!

remember that push 4 works only until a health point. 
so renewal keeps camilla constantly going at it. 

5 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

remember that push 4 works only until a health point. 
so renewal keeps camilla constantly going at it. 

That might be true. But other than tt - which is relatively easy I don't see any use for it.  Like you said, her main objective will be to hit and run and avoid getting hit at all. But I will see...

1 hour ago, Super Endriu said:

Which A skill would be best for H!Mia.

I have both atk/spd bond and solo.

Atk/Spd Push 4 and Atk/Spd Bond 4 are currently the highest Atk and Spd boost available to staff units.

In order, if you have the skills available,

1. Atk/Spd Push 4
  2. Atk/Spd Bond 4
  3. Atk/Spd Bond 3 or Atk/Spd Form 3
  4. Atk/Spd Solo 3

Solo is low mostly because fliers tend to ball up, especially if you're using Flier Formation or Aerobatics. If you don't normally ball up like that, then switch rows 3 and 4.

38 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Got a +Hp -spd Silque. I like her as a character so I would like to use her but I don't see the point of having healers with so good defensive stats in exchange for their offenses. What are some builds she can run that utilize her statline? Just some ideas for builds or the reason many people were pleasantly surprised. 

The standard Pain and Gravity builds work for any staff unit regardless of stats.

If you want to actually use her defenses, you can run her with any of the standard ranged tank builds: Close Counter + Close Def or Def/Res Bond, double Distant Def or Def/Res Bond, or double Fortress.

Her stat spread and base weapon makes it look like they want you to hit the enemy with Melancholy, get Repositioned out, and then not have to worry about being left right behind the tank. If you have the resources, double Distant Def is the build you want for this role.

21 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Atk/Spd Push 4 and Atk/Spd Bond 4 are currently the highest Atk and Spd boost available to staff units.

In order, if you have the skills available,

1. Atk/Spd Push 4
  2. Atk/Spd Bond 4
  3. Atk/Spd Bond 3 or Atk/Spd Form 3
  4. Atk/Spd Solo 3

Solo is low mostly because fliers tend to ball up, especially if you're using Flier Formation or Aerobatics. If you don't normally ball up like that, then switch rows 3 and 4.

Theoretically, it wouldn't matter if they balled up. Solo is now relatively easy to get ("relatively easy" that it is 5* exclusive to Hilda and Evil Corrin) and on LEirika. 
if you gave a flier Atk/spd SOLO then gave them Atk/Spd Bond) - they are covered either way . (I'd still give a healer cav the Solo skill first). 

While (again) i love the push skill -(and while i intend to +10 HealerMilla i have to remove 2 for the healers i'm building) i really wish there were healer skills they can use that weren't so....conditional-ish. (the Form skill could be spiffy). 

On 10/20/2019 at 5:00 PM, Faellin said:

The novelty gimick of having 3 halloween hector's is starting to wear off on me, so i'm probably just going to fodder 2 of them off for distant counter

So my question is, how is Garon with it? I currently have him at +7 and plan on finishing his merges once the grails come in to do so.

Garon is okay on a Dragon team if you need to counter Julias and Deirdres. Other than that, he is basically A!Tiki with more balanced bulk.

While Parity Fighter skills are kind of underwhelming, they might release Even Follow-Up or Odd Follow-Up in the far future and they would be really powerful if you pair those two up. I do not know if they will release it for sure though since they have not released any of the old Fighter skills yet, but it is something to think about.

8 hours ago, daisy jane said:

if you gave a flier Atk/spd SOLO then gave them Atk/Spd Bond) - they are covered either way .

Atk/Spd Solo 3 + Atk/Spd Bond 3 is inferior to double Atk/Spd Bond 3 when you remain balled up. Hell, it's even inferior to Atk/Spd Bond 3 + Atk/Spd 2. Furthermore, you cannot run Atk/Spd Bond as a Sacred Seal if you use a different Sacred Seal, like Live to Serve or Flier Formation, meaning you'll probably still have to pick one or the other.

"Make it work both ways" will always be inferior to "make it work one way always do it that way".

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Atk/Spd Solo 3 + Atk/Spd Bond 3 is inferior to double Atk/Spd Bond 3 when you remain balled up. Hell, it's even inferior to Atk/Spd Bond 3 + Atk/Spd 2. Furthermore, you cannot run Atk/Spd Bond as a Sacred Seal if you use a different Sacred Seal, like Live to Serve or Flier Formation, meaning you'll probably still have to pick one or the other.

"Make it work both ways" will always be inferior to "make it work one way always do it that way".

sure but there are times when they can't be together or you need them to be alone. and it can still work  because what good is it (for example) to run double atk/spd bond but you can't get them grouped up (or shouldn't have them grouped up) (and to be honest most of my strongest teams are any sort of flying combinations and i don't use flier formation at all. (seal form, or the two 2/3 fliers that come w/it natively).  but per usual it's an each their own. i personally like giving some units the kitchen sink, and sometimes i'd like for them to be able to atk on their own. or if they were groupedtogether they'd still have the pop they need. 

some people may not want that and that's fine but i don't necessarily go saying "it's inferior." it's just a different option. 

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

because what good is it (for example) to run double atk/spd bond but you can't get them grouped up (or shouldn't have them grouped up)

If you can't get them grouped up or shouldn't get them grouped up, then you shouldn't be running the Bond skill in the first place. As I said previously,

On 10/21/2019 at 5:11 PM, Ice Dragon said:

That said, this is a build for a ranged flier. Ranged fliers have a much easier time staying together than melee fliers.

I need help building a decent Flier team, I have a few fliers but am not sure who should go on the team as the one I have at present can't handle lunatic content very well.  Any suggestions as to who would suit knowing that Aqua is locked in as her Grey Waves skill is too good to ignore, plus she's built for mixed teams.

20 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I need help building a decent Flier team, I have a few fliers but am not sure who should go on the team as the one I have at present can't handle lunatic content very well.  Any suggestions as to who would suit knowing that Aqua is locked in as her Grey Waves skill is too good to ignore, plus she's built for mixed teams.

For Lunatic content, I just use any Blade mage flier, any colorless Brave Bow flier, and any 2 flying Dancers/Singers. The nukes have standard Desperation sets, and the Dancers/Singers have Wings of Mercy.

You can still use Azura: Vallite Songstress if you switch out her Atk Tactic. Something like Fortify Fliers and Earth Dance (Earth Dance is there in case she is not next a nuke) or Flier Formation on the Sacred Seal slot would work on a flier team. VS!Azura does not need to be on a mixed team and it is pretty cheap to swap out her kit so she can work on a flier team.

Edited by XRay