"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Armors and fliers cannot inherit Lull passives for whatever reason the developers had for this restriction.

Oh yeah, poor Cherche.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Oh yeah, poor Cherche.

Tell that to my Naga (I am still getting over the fact that she can't use Lul Atk/Spd). 

In the new banner I got an Ephraim that is +spd -Res. Now the point is that the only blue enemy phase unit I have is Naga so I wanted to run DC on him. Will it still work, or should I go for something else, not Galeforce as he kills a lot of enemies with his high Atk or Eff Dmg. I was thinking of, 

Spoiler

Reginleif

Reposition

Aether (when with Lucina), or any low cooldow special (noontime, Moonbow, glimmer) 

DC

Lul Atk/Def

Atk smoke

Warding stance 

Also about Halloween Hector, what specials, C, and SS can he run with DC/Vengeful Fighter? 

11 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Who would be a good candidate for Lull Atk/Def?  I got a minus atk Ephraim and I don't see myself using him despite his gimmick as a duo hero, or am I being a bit ridiculous and should I try to salvage him?

In what world is 36 base Atk with a 19-Mt weapon something in need of "salvaging"?

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

In the new banner I got an Ephraim that is +spd -Res. Now the point is that the only blue enemy phase unit I have is Naga so I wanted to run DC on him. Will it still work, or should I go for something else, not Galeforce as he kills a lot of enemies with his high Atk or Eff Dmg. I was thinking of, 

Reveal hidden contents

Reginleif

Reposition

Aether (when with Lucina), or any low cooldow special (noontime, Moonbow, glimmer) 

DC

Lul Atk/Def

Atk smoke

Warding stance 

As a super tank, I think it is okay, but I think Lull Atk/Spd is more useful than his default Lull Atk/Def.

As just a regular tank though, I am not sure. His Res is really low so I do not think Distant Counter is worth it.

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Also about Halloween Hector, what specials, C, and SS can he run with DC/Vengeful Fighter? 

Depends on what he is doing for the team. If you are using him as support for Kronya like I do, he does not need anything expensive, so I just turn my AMH!Hectors into Reciprocal Aid-Renewal HP batteries for Kronya in case she needs a refill.

If you want to actually use him in combat, I would go with Ward Armor and Atk/Res Bond, assuming he is part of an armor team.

Who would be the most uncommon, if not almost never done, 5* +10ing of a 4* unit (in your opinion if fact is not applicable) and how would you go about building them if you were to 5* +10 them?

...what? oh, no reason to ask, not silly ol me~ But, y'know, if you happen to see them in my sea of 5* +10 units in my sig, feel free to think of someone else~

Edited by Xenomata

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Who would be the most uncommon, if not almost never done, 5* +10ing of a 4* unit (in your opinion if fact is not applicable) and how would you go about building them if you were to 5* +10 them?

...what? oh, no reason to ask, not silly ol me~ But, y'know, if you happen to see them in my sea of 5* +10 units in my sig, feel free to think of someone else~

Any old person, except maybe Wrys since he became a meme. Gunter and Jagen do not seem like they got much fans, have low BST, and got no Refines. Bantu does not have a BST problem, but he is relatively new, so people might not have loads of him yet.

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

Any old person, except maybe Wrys since he became a meme. Gunter and Jagen do not seem like they got much fans, have low BST, and got no Refines. Bantu does not have a BST problem, but he is relatively new, so people might not have loads of him yet.

Hm... it's true that I don't have loads of Bantu (I seem to have summoned him 5 times total since his release), and I can definitely understand Jagen and Gunter not being desirable...

Hm... well there are certainly much better defensive units, but... yeah, none of them have the honor of being the original Jagen.
Huh... looks like I even already gave Jagen some expensive skills...

[+Res -Spd]
Berkut's Lance (+Res), Swap, Iceberg
Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Ward Cavalry, Warding Stance 1 SS

Edited by Xenomata

21 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

My opinion is Arthur and Jakob. If I were to 5-star +10 merge them, they'd still have their default skill kit and be forever benched.

Jagen and Gunter are actually decent as enemy-phase units since they each have one really high defensive stat to work with. Mathilda, too.

If you want to include Grail units in the list, then Clive and Tobin.

Among staff users, Lachesis is probably the one I've seen the least. Maybe also Clarine.

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Who would be the most uncommon, if not almost never done, 5* +10ing of a 4* unit (in your opinion if fact is not applicable)

My guess would be Barst. Valuable fodder, only an alright stat spread, not very popular.

@XRay @Ice Dragon @Baldrick So what I have down so far for uncommon/nonexistent 5* +10s are...

• Old men (and maybe also an old dragon) because wrinkly old ladies do not exist yet. (Jagen, Gunter, maybe Bantu, and Wrys if he weren't a meme)
  • An asshole. (Jakob)
  • A poop magnet. (Arthur)
  • One wonders why royal little sisters must always be staff users. (Lachesis and Clarine)
  • Nobility and some random villager. (Clive and Tobin), and...
  • Reposition fodder. (Barst)

Hm... a good amount to think about, even considering Jagens already been built. Though even if you somehow +50 merge Jakob and also gave me a golden yacht-load of cash, I still wouldn't use Jakob...

33 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@Ice Dragon 

If IS theoretically released a banner with only one unit as the focus, what would be the exact rate for pulling that unit?

IE They decide to put the 4 strongest units on 4 different banners where they're the sole focus unit.

Not the rate as such, but you can see the median orb cost for any unit on a custom banner, including single-focus banners, using this simulator.

EDIT: The sniping rate for a hero is the chance of that hero appearing, divided by the chance of an orb of that colour being generated. Let's say there's a new red focus hero, on a banner by themselves. The chance of that hero appearing is exactly 3% for obvious reasons. The harder part is calculating the chance of a red orb appearing, so for this example I'm just going to approximate it as one-in-three. The chance for the new unit when sniping red is therefore 3% / (1/3) = 9%.

If the example unit was green instead, and we estimate the chance of a green orb appearing at about 20%, then 3% / 20% = 15%.

Edited by Humanoid

I just 10+ my Chrom who has this build currently:

Spoiler

10__chrom_fire_emblem_heroes_by_thesilen

Are there any other skills to play with to suite his build, or is this about the only real build for him? He's also usually on a team with F!Robin (his S-Support partner) so is there any skills she might benefit from aside from Chrom's unique refine?

39 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I just 10+ my Chrom who has this build currently:

Hide contents

10__chrom_fire_emblem_heroes_by_thesilen

Are there any other skills to play with to suite his build, or is this about the only real build for him? He's also usually on a team with F!Robin (his S-Support partner) so is there any skills she might benefit from aside from Chrom's unique refine?

As a first, you could probably replace his HP +5 skills with dual stat skills, at least if you insist on keeping him at higher than 65 HP. For instance, putting Hp/Atk 2 on both slots would boost his Atk by 4 while slightly lowering his HP to 66. This would only be if you intend to put him in combat, because otherwise there's no reason to replace them.
You could also consider giving him R Duel Infantry if you have a spare Summer Helbindi, but only if you intend to use him in the Arena, and if you do then you'd want to replace his SS slot as well, as stat up skills are worth crap and he can run better support seals.

Worth considering, if you ever get the fodder for it, is Sudden Panic. With HP as high as that, he's guaranteed to trigger it on just about any unit, and keeping him healthy can be designated to a proper healer instead of Renewal 3.

I'm not sure what you mean by any skills that FemRobin would benefit from "aside from Chrom's unique refine" though... Chrom's refine is Spectrum Bond and it only applies to himself, not his allies.

Edited by Xenomata

29 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

As a first, you could probably replace his HP +5 skills with dual stat skills, at least if you insist on keeping him at higher than 65 HP. For instance, putting Hp/Atk 2 on both slots would boost his Atk by 4 while slightly lowering his HP to 66. This would only be if you intend to put him in combat, because otherwise there's no reason to replace them.
You could also consider giving him R Duel Infantry if you have a spare Summer Helbindi, but only if you intend to use him in the Arena, and if you do then you'd want to replace his SS slot as well, as stat up skills are worth crap and he can run better support seals.

Worth considering, if you ever get the fodder for it, is Sudden Panic. With HP as high as that, he's guaranteed to trigger it on just about any unit, and keeping him healthy can be designated to a proper healer instead of Renewal 3.

I'm not sure what you mean by any skills that FemRobin would benefit from "aside from Chrom's unique refine" though... Chrom's refine is Spectrum Bond and it only applies to himself, not his allies.

Opps I goofed over the skill descriptions 😧

Would Sudden Panic work well with Panic Ploy?  (I am thinking of a few shenanigans he could get to with that.  Though they don't stack do they?)

F!Robin (or Reflet because nicknames make things less confusing sometimes) is Chrom's main anti-blue unit buddy to help keep blue units at bay with her WTA over most of them.  I suppose she'd want to change her set (but I haven't actually got around to what set I want to have her run...hmm...food for thought....)

Edited by TheSilentChloey

2 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Opps I goofed over the skill descriptions 😧

Would Sudden Panic work well with Panic Ploy?  (I am thinking of a few shenanigans he could get to with that.  Though they don't stack do they?)

Yeah if we were talking Marth's Falchion, then you'd have been right the first time.

Sudden Panic has a much wider trigger area (any enemy who is next to an enemy) compared to Panic Ploy's cardinal directions trigger area, but stacking both at the same time means that not only is the chance to trigger it all the wider and more guaranteed (even an enemy straggler has a chance to be ployed with the right positioning), but you can still inflict Panic via Chrom's skills even once there is only one enemy left (though this is a niche reason to go for it, as there are very few units who can obtain Field Buffs all by themselves, at least when not considering Wave skills).
...but technically no, Panic does not stack with itself. By packing both, you only expand the trigger range. But be fair, there's not really that many skills that rely on having more HP than the opponent...

8 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

F!Robin (or Reflet because nicknames make things less confusing sometimes) is Chrom's main anti-blue unit buddy to help keep blue units at bay with her WTA over most of them.  I suppose she'd want to change her set (but I haven't actually got around to what set I want to have her run...hmm...food for thought....)

Unfortunately, besides boring ol Spurs and Drives there's not really that much that Chrom can pack to support Reflet. Infantry Pulse would maybe let her prepare a powerful Special trigger, though I can't think of much else...

8 hours ago, XRay said:

As a super tank, I think it is okay, but I think Lull Atk/Spd is more useful than his default Lull Atk/Def.

As just a regular tank though, I am not sure. His Res is really low so I do not think Distant Counter is worth it.

Depends on what he is doing for the team. If you are using him as support for Kronya like I do, he does not need anything expensive, so I just turn my AMH!Hectors into Reciprocal Aid-Renewal HP batteries for Kronya in case she needs a refill.

If you want to actually use him in combat, I would go with Ward Armor and Atk/Res Bond, assuming he is part of an armor team.

My playstyle is pretty simple, have a super tank with as much support it is possible. For dragons I have, 

Unit, L. Eliwood, B. Micaiah, Rinea 

And for non dragons 

Unit, L. Eliwood, B. Lucina, Ninian 

So he will have quite a lot of support and far greater res than that, also I would like at times to have him doubled so  with Lucina he can proc Aether. 

Also thanks for the Hector tips hadn't thought of Atk res bond.

17 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

My playstyle is pretty simple, have a super tank with as much support it is possible. For dragons I have, 

Unit, L. Eliwood, B. Micaiah, Rinea 

And for non dragons 

Unit, L. Eliwood, B. Lucina, Ninian 

So he will have quite a lot of support and far greater res than that, also I would like at times to have him doubled so  with Lucina he can proc Aether. 

Also thanks for the Hector tips hadn't thought of Atk res bond.

If you are using Eliwood: Blazing Knight, then be extra careful around Panic, as Panic is pretty common. And make sure to run enough Spd buffs on the team, as you do not want Alm: Saint King to double your super tank.

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Ice Dragon 

If IS theoretically released a banner with only one unit as the focus, what would be the exact rate for pulling that unit?

IE They decide to put the 4 strongest units on 4 different banners where they're the sole focus unit.

About 12% (3% base rate divided by the probability that any given orb is the color of the focus unit, which on average is 25%, 0.03 / 0.25 = 0.12) when sniping, excluding sessions without the correct color in it.

This situation is mathematically identical to the case where all focus units are the same color (which happened on the Wyvern Knights Voting Gauntlet banner), just counting all of the focus units together as a single entity.

I'm pretty tempted to build one of the new refined units and was wondering which one of them got the best upgrade this round? From the looks of it Subaki and Athena both got great ones so i'm probably going to use one of them.

Also was cleaning out my baracks and forgot I had legendary Lyn from the anniversary thing. And not sure what to do with her, i'd prefer not to sack her for fodder since she is my only wind legendary at the moment. But from what i've heard she is basically the worst legendary by a pretty wide margin and not sure if her base kit is salvagable. So any alternate builds? Or is she fine the way she is?

Edited by Faellin

22 minutes ago, Faellin said:

I'm pretty tempted to build one of the new refined units and was wondering which one of them got the best upgrade this round? From the looks of it Subaki and Athena both got great ones so i'm probably going to use one of them.

Either Kana or Athena won this time around. I did a breakdown of the refines in the refine thread, if you want to read more in-depth, but here's a very quick summary.

Athena has pretty much what every player-phase melee unit wants with Desperation built into her weapon and Wo Dao to make up for her middling Atk stat. This basically opens up her B slot to run Wrath or Null Follow-Up if you have them.

Kana has a huge boost to all stats on enemy phase (also on player phase, but only if the opponent has no field buffs) and her refine is Lull Atk/Spd, adding even more to her bulk and Spd check. She's now a good all-round fast tank and can even be built for a player-phase build or a dual-phase build (though we have to wait for Lull Def/Res to be released before the build can be perfect).

Subaki's weapon is by far the best in a vacuum, but his abysmally low Atk stat means he's only now even with other lance fliers and not actually surpassing them. Use him if you need another lance flier, but if you don't need another one, you're not missing out by holding off on him.

Gordin is now the hardest-hitting free-to-play Brave Bow archer (beating Jamke for the spot), but his awful Spd means he's getting doubled by pretty much everyone that can counterattack if he can't kill them in 2 hits.

41 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Also was cleaning out my baracks and forgot I had legendary Lyn from the anniversary thing. And not sure what to do with her, i'd prefer not to sack her for fodder since she is my only wind legendary at the moment. But from what i've heard she is basically the worst legendary by a pretty wide margin and not sure if her base kit is salvagable. So any alternate builds? Or is she fine the way she is?

Drop Desperation for Dull Ranged and give her a Sacred Seal that boosts her ranged defenses (Distant Def if possible, Def/Res Bond also works). She's basically a fast Norne or a really fast Faye.

If for some reason you really want to use her for player phase, keep Desperation and switch out Laws of Sacae for whatever A skill floats your boat.

I'm hoping they buff Laws of Sacae at some point because it has not aged well with the release of Tier 4 skills. I think it should at least have built-in Dull Ranged and probably give more points in stats.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Gordin is now the hardest-hitting free-to-play Brave Bow archer (beating Jamke for the spot), but his awful Spd means he's getting doubled by pretty much everyone that can counterattack if he can't kill them in 2 hits.

Klein can hit slightly harder against enemies debuffed by his bow, so I think it depends on how hard the player wants to target certain enemies. For consistency, Gordin is better, but against super tanky units, I think Klein wins out slightly.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Klein can hit slightly harder against enemies debuffed by his bow, so I think it depends on how hard the player wants to target certain enemies. For consistency, Gordin is better, but against super tanky units, I think Klein wins out slightly.

Literally anyone on the team can run Chill Def with the exact same effect as Klein's bow, and Chill Def is now a Sacred Seal.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Literally anyone on the team can run Chill Def with the exact same effect as Klein's bow, and Chill Def is now a Sacred Seal.

Yeah, but Klein has it on his Weapon, so it saves a slot.