"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

17 minutes ago, Swordsman said:

what's the best pve team that can sweep through all the pve content ?

I do not think that team exists. The closest thing would be Celica with 3 Dancers/Singers, but I do not think they can handle all Abyssal content. For any other team composition, you will at least need to swap out skill sets.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Swordsman said:

The team I use for pve content is the following:

Brave Ike (With his urvan refine)

Brave Lucina (With her refine as well)

Legendary Alm

M: Corrin at +10

The way it works is brave Ike is basically unkillable as long as Lucina is within 2 spaces of him due to the massive stat buffs her refine gives, combined with the special charge effect for his aether. While Alm deals with range threats with his massive 1 shot kill potential. Corrin I have built for dealing with close range threats.

But other good choices for pve content include:

Brave Micaiah, fantastic for deleting annoying armor enemies

Surtr, his true damage weapon proc and stat drain is ridiculous for most maps. Once his menace skill procs he can be an absolute monster to take down.

As for free to play friendly options: Fjorm and Eir are both good choices. Fjorm being a good mixed tank, especially against range with her ice mirror. And Eir is just an overall solid range attacker with some nice utility. Legendary Ike is also a decent tank as well. There is also Reinhardt who you can get for free from heroes path.

On 11/9/2019 at 10:18 AM, XRay said:

Yeah, but Klein has it on his Weapon, so it saves a slot.

Not if your team was already running the skill or if you have an actual free Sacred Seal slot on your team that wasn't already used for something else (dancers fall into this category often for me). Considering Chill skills literally have the exact same effect regardless of which unit on your team has it and regardless of their stats or positioning, the cost of running the skill is absurdly low.

On 11/9/2019 at 12:17 PM, Swordsman said:

Ophelia + 3 Legendary Azuras.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Not if your team was already running the skill or if you have an actual free Sacred Seal slot on your team that wasn't already used for something else (dancers fall into this category often for me). Considering Chill skills literally have the exact same effect regardless of which unit on your team has it and regardless of their stats or positioning, the cost of running the skill is absurdly low.

I guess that could work, although I prefer Wings of Mercy with Atk/Spd buff combo for more consistency against everyone instead of just more power against the bulkiest one.

59 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

How popular is Odd Atk Wave as fodder these days? I got a better Ishtar recently and want to know if I should merge my old one into her or just inherit Desperation and Draw Back onto her from one of my Manuals.

Thanks in advance!

I do not think Waves were ever that popular due to how inconsistent they are. You need two Waves of different parity for consistency, and that is a huge waste of a C slot and Sacred Seal slot for something that can be accomplished by a support unit. Nukes want to use Smokes and/or Savage Blow for more damage, or Time's Pulse for quicker Specials. Unless the unit is often away from allies to warrant auto buffing with Rouses, or if you cannot afford to run Smokes and Time's Pulse, nukes should not be worrying about buffing themselves or another unit since that is what support units are for. And if you do not want to spend Orbs on Smokes and Time's Pulse, regular Tactics and Hones would be much more consistent and better than Waves on nukes.

I would prioritize merging since you never know when you will get a decent nature again.

Edited by XRay

9 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

How popular is Odd Atk Wave as fodder these days? I got a better Ishtar recently and want to know if I should merge my old one into her or just inherit Desperation and Draw Back onto her from one of my Manuals.

Thanks in advance!

There are better options for your A-team but it’s still a useful skill. Though it’s only works every other turn, it’s a self-buff that doesn’t rely on team composition or placement.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

I would prioritize merging since you never know when you will get a decent nature again.

I think they intend to use the old one for fodder. If Ishtar has an Res/def bane, a merge won’t make much difference since her bulk isn’t very important.

46 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I think they intend to use the old one for fodder. If Ishtar has an Res/def bane, a merge won’t make much difference since her bulk isn’t very important.

The first merge usually gives an extra point in Spd, and her HP would still be below 40, so I think the merge is worth it. Waves are outclassed by Rouses, and regular nuke wants to stick to their Dancers/Singers who can provide buffs, so I do not think it is fodder worth saving unless you want the novelty on Nino or something.

Edited by XRay

20 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I try to set up max rating setup for arena, trying to equip harsh commands+ and aether, but it seems like there is no difference to the unit rating than when I equip them with units with lower SP cost?

Do your lower BST units have Duel skills? Duel skills will bump up their score.

23 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I try to set up max rating setup for arena, trying to equip harsh commands+ and aether, but it seems like there is no difference to the unit rating than when I equip them with units with lower SP cost?

What do you mean when you say "rating"? There's no in-game way to see the individual unit score so serious players will use a third-party calculator such as this one. Note that the score increase from skills only goes up every 100 SP total spent on the unit, so going from, for example, 1800 to 1850SP does nothing. Every 100SP is worth 2 points to the individual unit, and therefore 0.5 points to your average arena battle score.

If you're looking at the "rating" score in the barracks, that's just their total stats (including stat buffs from skills like Fury, so it's not BST as such). It's completely meaningless.

Edited by Humanoid

On 11/14/2019 at 9:54 AM, DefyingFates said:

Thanks in advance!

Waves in general aren't particularly high in priority since they're only active half the time. You're typically better off using Tactic skills or something else that's more reliable.

There's one exception for Odd Atk Wave, though, and that's Nino. Iris's Tome's refine effect is Even Atk Wave, meaning Nino can use Odd Atk Wave in her C slot to receive the effect every turn.

On 11/17/2019 at 2:09 AM, DraceEmpressa said:

If you're talking about "rating" as in the sorting method in the game, it's completely useless in the current Arena because it's just the total of the unit's visible stats. This was the Arena scoring metric during the first few months of the game's existence, but the first Arena rework made it meaningless, and they never updated it to be meaningful again afterwards.

Edited by Ice Dragon

With Lute's new refine and tome effect, would Chrom benefit from having her on the same team as him, as he'd possibly allow her to take out more enemies with his panic ploy to increase her chances of doing so?  Assuming I read her refine right of course.

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

With Lute's new refine and tome effect, would Chrom benefit from having her on the same team as him, as he'd possibly allow her to take out more enemies with his panic ploy to increase her chances of doing so?  Assuming I read her refine right of course.

I think Lute benefits more from having a high HP Dancer/Singer to do Panic Ploy/Sudden Panic instead. I think a tank would appreciate Chrom more since Chrom's HP regeneration is geared more towards that play style. With few exceptions, nukes do not want to be healed, this in sharp contrast to tanks who do want healing.

For nukes that do want healing, Lewyn and Summer Returns Laegjarn comes to mind. Galeforcers that rely on counter attacks like Tibarn may also work too.

Edited by XRay

Sturdy Impact on valentian Catria? Or is this complete overkill? Have a Tibarn i'm never going to use and she looks like a good candidate for the skill, or is it complete overkill and not needed?

Edited by Faellin

13 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Sturdy Impact on valentian Catria? Or is this complete overkill? Just got another Tibarn and she looks like a good candidate for the skill, or is it complete overkill and not needed?

Sturdy Impact is generally for units who can double without a Spd check and are going to take damage repeatedly.

Fast nukes like Catria are better off running an A skill that boosts Atk/Spd like Swift Sparrow, and run Desperation on the B slot. Once Desperation is active, Sturdy Impact's Def +10 is pointless.

In AI's hands, Sturdy Impact is useful on the defense team in tackling offensive player's Enemy Phase tanks to prevent being doubled so a Dancer/Singer can swoop in and have the defense unit kill the tank or flank the offensive player's formation.

I have a few heroes I'm looking to make my next 10+ and would like to know who's going to be easier and which assets are going to help them once they reach 10+ below is pictures for ease of assistance.  Also would rather options other than Fury please, knowing that I would rather not unless absolute needs must in terms of skill sets.

Spoiler

fire_emblem_heroes_2019_11_19_22_36_46_b

fire_emblem_heroes_2019_11_19_22_36_54_b

(Xander is S-Supported with F!Corrin as they are on a team together)

fire_emblem_heroes_2019_11_19_22_37_00_b

fire_emblem_heroes_2019_11_19_22_37_13_b

fire_emblem_heroes_2019_11_19_22_37_26_b

fire_emblem_heroes_2019_11_19_22_37_42_b

fire_emblem_heroes_2019_11_19_23_15_50_b

fire_emblem_heroes_2019_11_19_23_16_02_b

fire_emblem_heroes_2019_11_19_23_16_22_b

fire_emblem_heroes_2019_11_19_23_16_40_b

Edited by TheSilentChloey

52 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

and would like to know who's going to be easier

Anyone in the 3-to-4-star summoning pool or available from Grails.

52 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

and which assets are going to help them

• Legendary Marth: +Spd or +Atk
  • Xander: locked to neutral
  • Spring Xander: +Atk
  • Male Corrin: +Spd or +Atk
  • Brave Lucina: +Spd or +Atk
  • Grima: +Atk
  • Aversa: locked to neutral
  • Female Corrin: +Atk
  • Female Morgan: +Atk or +Res
  • Lucina: +Spd or +Atk

56 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Also would rather options other than Fury please,

• Legendary Marth: Bonus Doubler, Atk/Spd Bond, Atk/Spd Solo, Swift Sparrow, Brazen Atk/Spd
  • Xander: Distant Def, Steady Stance, Warding Stance, Sturdy Stance, Mirror Stance
  • Spring Xander: Distant Counter, Close Def, Steady Stance, Warding Stance, Sturdy Stance, Mirror Stance
  • Male Corrin: Distant Counter, Bonus Doubler, Atk/Spd Bond, Atk/Spd Solo, Swift Sparrow, Brazen Atk/Spd, Close Def
  • Brave Lucina: Distant Counter, Bonus Doubler, Atk/Spd Bond, Atk/Spd Solo, Swift Sparrow, Brazen Atk/Spd, Close Def
  • Grima: Steady Breath, Warding Breath, Fierce Breath, Distant Def, Steady Stance, Warding Stance, Fierce Stance, Svalinn Shield
  • Aversa: HP/Spd, HP/Atk, R Duel Flying
  • Female Corrin: Bonus Doubler, Steady Breath, Warding Breath, Fierce Breath
  • Female Morgan (Blarserpent build): Distant Def, Warding Stance, Mirror Stance
  • Female Morgan (Blarblade build): Death Blow, Swift Sparrow, Life and Death, Atk/Spd Bond, Atk/Spd Solo, Close Counter
  • Lucina: Distant Counter, Bonus Doubler, Atk/Spd Bond, Atk/Spd Solo, Swift Sparrow, Brazen Atk/Spd, Close Def

Some other tips based on your screenshots:

• Don't use Atk refines unless you need them to activate Ardent Durandal or you are using one-hit-kill builds. The other refines are typically more effective (Spd for player phase, Def or Res for enemy phase, dual phase depends on the dominant phase, unique refines if they align with your play style).
  • Every enemy-phase unit should run Quick Riposte or Vengeful Fighter unless they are blisteringly fast, and even then, it's usually still better to use the skill.
  • Special skills should be timed to activate in one round of combat unless you have a very good reason to do otherwise.
  • Dark Breath is awful. Every dragon should really be running Lightning Breath unless they have a very good reason to run something else.

4 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Also would rather options other than Fury please, knowing that I would rather not unless absolute needs must in terms of skill sets.

Life and Death is preferable to Fury since it offers a stronger stat boost in Atk/Spd, assuming you can reach Desperation range easily. There are times when Fury is preferred over Life and Death:
1. When you need to enter into Desperation range reliably and safely.
2. When you need to enter into Wings of Mercy range for Dancers/Singers to support the unit.
3. When you need the Res boost to activate skills, such as Sabotage for Lute and stat buffs for Selkie.
The first two scenarios are mostly for Abyssal content. Elsewhere in the game, you can generally rely on taking counter attack damage as counter attack damage usually is not as fatal as in Abyssal.

I haven’t had much time lately to really do much of Forging bonds, but I did notice that Alfonse references the Dragon Askr in one story-chain. Did I miss any other world building for Zenith in the event?

Edited by Arcphoenix

I have three Lewyns and I have no idea on whom would want/need his skills as I'm not sure special spiral is worthwhile to have (or more accurately I don't know who'd want it) I do have some swift sparrow candidates but again I'm not sure who'd want it as he's my only odd attack wave fodder for Nino (maybe, depending how I refine her tome since she's running fury/desperation).

So should I keep saving them or make use of the skills presented?

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I have three Lewyns and I have no idea on whom would want/need his skills as I'm not sure special spiral is worthwhile to have (or more accurately I don't know who'd want it) I do have some swift sparrow candidates but again I'm not sure who'd want it as he's my only odd attack wave fodder for Nino (maybe, depending how I refine her tome since she's running fury/desperation).

So should I keep saving them or make use of the skills presented?

I would never give up a good skill like Special Spiral for a Wave. Nino with an optimal skill set would run either Spd Refine as a regular nuke, or Atk Refine as a Counter-Vantage unit. Unless Nino is one of your favorite characters and/or you must have the novelty of a self buffing nuke, Waves are not worth inheriting over another skill. If you really want Odd Atk Wave, I would wait until Loki, Alm: Saint King, or Ishtar pity breaks you. SK!Alm's Null Follow-Up and Ishtar's Swift Sparrow are still pretty valuable, but Null Follow-Up is a niche skill and Swift Sparrow is not as rare these days and it can be substituted with Life and Death.

As for who can use Special Spiral, the prime candidates for Special Spiral are nukes with Desperation on their Weapon. This includes any unit wielding A Sketchy Summer Weapon, Lyn, Athena, and Mareeta. Summer Returns Laegjarn is basically a blue flying Lewyn, but she unfortunately cannot use Special Spiral since she is a flier.

Counter-Vantage units with Vantage on their Weapons can run Special Spiral on their B (so just Phina and Kronya right now, and ???/Bruno in the future if he gets released). If you are going the extra mile to deck them out though, I think Null C-Disrupt is still better since you will be offloading those unit's Atk to another unit like A Monstrous Harvest Hector or Bolt Tower (O).

For Enemy Phase units, the only one that comes to mind is BH!Ike, but I think Null C-Disrupt is still better too in my opinion so he can counter kill even Firesweepers.

Edited by XRay

3 hours ago, XRay said:

I would never give up a good skill like Special Spiral for a Wave. Nino with an optimal skill set would run either Spd Refine as a regular nuke, or Atk Refine as a Counter-Vantage unit. Unless Nino is one of your favorite characters and/or you must have the novelty of a self buffing nuke, Waves are not worth inheriting over another skill. If you really want Odd Atk Wave, I would wait until Loki, Alm: Saint King, or Ishtar pity breaks you. SK!Alm's Null Follow-Up and Ishtar's Swift Sparrow are still pretty valuable, but Null Follow-Up is a niche skill and Swift Sparrow is not as rare these days and it can be substituted with Life and Death.

As for who can use Special Spiral, the prime candidates for Special Spiral are nukes with Desperation on their Weapon. This includes any unit wielding A Sketchy Summer Weapon, Lyn, Athena, and Mareeta. Summer Returns Laegjarn is basically a blue flying Lewyn, but she unfortunately cannot use Special Spiral since she is a flier.

Counter-Vantage units with Vantage on their Weapons can run Special Spiral on their B (so just Phina and Kronya right now, and ???/Bruno in the future if he gets released). If you are going the extra mile to deck them out though, I think Null C-Disrupt is still better since you will be offloading those unit's Atk to another unit like A Monstrous Harvest Hector or Bolt Tower (O).

For Enemy Phase units, the only one that comes to mind is BH!Ike, but I think Null C-Disrupt is still better too in my opinion so he can counter kill even Firesweepers.

So basically the fodder Lewyn provides is useless?

I don't have any null C fodder so that is a premium skill I'll likely never afford with my luck.

49 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So basically the fodder Lewyn provides is useless?

Special Spiral is not useless. Wave skills are near useless.

I forgot to mention it, but one shot nukes and Blazing mages also benefit from Special Spiral. One shot nukes like Lilina can spam Moonbows. Ophelia is the most famous Blazing mage and they spam Blazing Specials (which one shot nukes like Lilina can also do).

I am not too familiar with the Enemy Phase side of combat so I cannot think of a lot specific examples, but the optimal setup is generally Lull and Guard for bulk, as well as Quick Riposte somewhere on their build for damage output if they are not a supertank. Wrath, Special Spiral, Null C-Disrupt are also for damage output, but you generally do not want to run them unless you have Quick Riposte already and you are sure you are okay with losing out on bulk from not running a Bond or Def on that slot.