"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

52 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Looking at Byleth's weapon, I don't understand what It means at all. Some sort of elaboration would be helpful.

Full text, for reference:
Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). During combat, neutralizes effects that guarantee foe's follow-up attacks, prevent unit's follow-up attacks, grant "Special cooldown charge +X" to foe, or inflict "Special cooldown charge -X" on unit.

You probably already know about “Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1)”: it’s just the generic Killer/Slaying weapon effect. For the rest of it, it might be easier to think about it if you distribute the “During combat, neutralizes effects that” portion to each of the four segments of the statement, so:

• ”During combat, neutralizes effects that guarantee foe’s follow-up attacks”
    • Negates automatic follow-up effects granted to the enemy (e.g. Vengeful Fighter, Bold Fighter, Quick Riposte, Hawk King Claw).
  • “During combat, neutralizes effects that prevent unit’s follow-up attacks”
    • Negates any effect that prevents Byleth from performing a follow-up (e.g. Swordbreaker or Wary Fighter on the enemy, or Windsweep on Byleth).
  • ”During combat, neutralizes effects that grant “Special cooldown charge +X” to foe”
    • Negates any effects that grant increased Special charge rate to the enemy (e.g. Steady/Warding Breath, Geirskögul).
  • ”During combat, neutralizes effects that inflict “Special cooldown charge-X” on unit”
    • Negates any effects that reduce Byleth’s Special charge rate (e.g. Guard).

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Full text, for reference:
Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). During combat, neutralizes effects that guarantee foe's follow-up attacks, prevent unit's follow-up attacks, grant "Special cooldown charge +X" to foe, or inflict "Special cooldown charge -X" on unit.

You probably already know about “Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1)”: it’s just the generic Killer/Slaying weapon effect. For the rest of it, it might be easier to think about it if you distribute the “During combat, neutralizes effects that” portion to each of the four segments of the statement, so:

• ”During combat, neutralizes effects that guarantee foe’s follow-up attacks”
    • Negates automatic follow-up effects granted to the enemy (e.g. Vengeful Fighter, Bold Fighter, Quick Riposte, Hawk King Claw).
  • “During combat, neutralizes effects that prevent unit’s follow-up attacks”
    • Negates any effect that prevents Byleth from performing a follow-up (e.g. Swordbreaker or Wary Fighter on the enemy, or Windsweep on Byleth).
  • ”During combat, neutralizes effects that grant “Special cooldown charge +X” to foe”
    • Negates any effects that grant increased Special charge rate to the enemy (e.g. Steady/Warding Breath, Geirskögul).
  • ”During combat, neutralizes effects that inflict “Special cooldown charge-X” on unit”
    • Negates any effects that reduce Byleth’s Special charge rate (e.g. Guard).

Wow, that's so much more descriptive than their version, thank you! I never would have known that's what it meant.

20 minutes ago, Super Endriu said:

Got enought copies to +10 b!ike. My base is +atk. Some people say at +10 +spd is better.

Any opinions would be welcome!

I use Bike at +10 +Atk... imo, too much Spd on Bike works against him.
Sure you can speed tank with him quite effectively, however a large chunk of his appeal comes when he has access to a Breath effect (Steady Breath, Infantry Breath, Geirskogul refine) and is able to have a full Aether charge by his first counterattack when he is doubled on EP, which he usually is. This is not only a major damage booster, but also helps keep him completely healthy, letting him take on almost an entire enemy Aether Raid defense team by himself in just a single phase.

He really only would want speed to disable enemy follow-ups, as he could technically reach speed threholds to rival most PP units. But in my experience in Aether Raids at least, Ike falters when he isn't able to get Aether charged in time, and not being doubled is part of what hurts him most.

Here's my Bike for reference. He is always, ALWAYS, near Brave Lucina to benefit from Geirskogul, and just about everything is killed on retaliation. He is almost always healthy to.
D1XBDMul.jpg?1

Edited by Xenomata

31 minutes ago, Super Endriu said:

Got enought copies to +10 b!ike. My base is +atk. Some people say at +10 +spd is better.

Any opinions would be welcome!

I just +10 him today too, mine also +Atk. He survived 2 hits from Lilina with 2 HP and retaliate her to death with Wrath Aether.

He want to get double and proc Aether in one round so +Spd is inferior in my opinion. Never stay away from Lancina and he will just kill anything charging to him.

17 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

So i went from having No Brave Veronicas to having 5.

is this the point where i contemplate +10? that's a whole hell of a lot of premium fodder. 

Close Guard and Distant Guard are good for Drive buffers like M!Corrin, Kaden, and Brave Heroes Lucina supporting a supertank. Running Close Guard-Distant Guard gives Def/Res+1 over Drive Def-Drive Res. But other than that, I think Drives are more flexible/customizable since not every unit has a natural balanced Def/Res to take advantage of a balanced Def/Res buff. Supertanks with lopsided Def/Res might want double Drive Def or double Drive Res over Close Guard-Distant Guard for example.

As for Wrathful Staff, I think it is slightly less valuable than Dazzling Staff. Counter-Vantage staff users need Wrathful Staff Refine and if they want to switch back to pure Player Phase Firesweep build, they can just swap Vantage for Dazzling Staff on the B slot. However, if they have Wrathful Staff on the B slot, then they need to spend Refining Stones to get Dazzling Staff Refinement, so they have to swap their Weapon and B slot.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

So i went from having No Brave Veronicas to having 5.

is this the point where i contemplate +10? that's a whole hell of a lot of premium fodder. 

Wrathful Staff is the only skill worth not merging Veronica for.

I find Distant Guard, Drive Def, and Drive Res to all be more useful than Close Guard.

33 minutes ago, XRay said:

As for Wrathful Staff, I think it is slightly less valuable than Dazzling Staff. Counter-Vantage staff users need Wrathful Staff Refine and if they want to switch back to pure Player Phase Firesweep build, they can just swap Vantage for Dazzling Staff on the B slot. However, if they have Wrathful Staff on the B slot, then they need to spend Refining Stones to get Dazzling Staff Refinement, so they have to swap their Weapon and B slot.

I don't know how many people actually run Close Counter + Vantage on so many of their staff users that they'd rather go for Dazzling Staff than spend just 50 rocks on a refine. We don't have that many excuses these days for using rocks with everyone and their mothers, dogs, and goldfish getting exclusive weapons. You know, especially with Close Counter being an actually rare skill found only on 1 retired unit and 2 limited seasonal units.

If you have neither Dazzling Staff nor Wrathful Staff and you've been building all of your staff units without the skills, you're most likely going to be using the Dazzling Staff refine for support builds, meaning Wrathful Staff would be slightly more valuable.

After all, I'm willing to bet that the average player has way more rocks on hand than Wrathful/Dazzling Staff fodder.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't know how many people actually run Close Counter + Vantage on so many of their staff users that they'd rather go for Dazzling Staff than spend just 50 rocks on a refine. We don't have that many excuses these days for using rocks with everyone and their mothers, dogs, and goldfish getting exclusive weapons. You know, especially with Close Counter being an actually rare skill found only on 1 retired unit and 2 limited seasonal units.

If you have neither Dazzling Staff nor Wrathful Staff and you've been building all of your staff units without the skills, you're most likely going to be using the Dazzling Staff refine for support builds, meaning Wrathful Staff would be slightly more valuable.

After all, I'm willing to bet that the average player has way more rocks on hand than Wrathful/Dazzling Staff fodder.

Refining Stones are not that rare, but it is still a limited resource. It is not a big deal to use Stones since there is so much of it, but under an ideal scenario, you want to use Dazzling Staff on the B slot to save resources.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Wrathful Staff is the only skill worth not merging Veronica for.

I find Distant Guard, Drive Def, and Drive Res to all be more useful than Close Guard.

why do you find distant guard more useful than close guard? 

*raises hand* plus rocks translates into dew. 

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Refining Stones are not that rare, but it is still a limited resource. It is not a big deal to use Stones since there is so much of it, but under an ideal scenario, you want to use Dazzling Staff on the B slot to save resources.

Even if it's technically limited, it isn't functionally limited if the supply far exceeds the demand.

I'm currently sitting on 3,000-something odd of the things and have nowhere near enough staves to spend them on since there are no longer any other weapons worth using them on. I find myself constantly out of dew with no weapons worth using rocks on to get more dew.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

why do you find distant guard more useful than close guard?

The most threatening units in the game right now are heavily weighted towards ranged units, and there are standout threats on both the physical and magical sides.

In contrast, melee threats are largely on the magical side right now. Physical melee threats are all colored, meaning they can largely be handled simply through the weapon triangle and the fact that the majority of melee tanks have more Def than Res. Magical melee threats both target the relatively weaker Res stat and include colorless threats that are less straightforward to deal with.

Edited by Ice Dragon

9 hours ago, Icelerate said:

If you deploy two Velourias and her support partner, does the support partner get CD-4 at the start of turn 1?

I do not have 2 Velourias, so it took me a while to find confirmation, but yes, her cooldown reduction stacks.

What are the best common (available for summon at 4* or lower) blue tome users to merge to 5* +10? Particularly for Aether Raids offense.

Now that I have Cecilia, Black Knight, and Fae all at +10 and Naesala and Aversa close to it, I want to merge up a blue ranged unit, but I'm not sure who. Reinhardt is probably my best common blue tome unit, but I'd rather merge someone more well-rounded, who cares about the increases to more stats than just Atk. Robin M is currently my frontrunner since I think he could be good in Aether Raids with a TA-Raven build (the same thing I use Cecilia for, so I could have one for each season) but I'm not sure if there's anyone better. L'Arachel and Tailtiu sound pretty good at beating stuff up but I'm not sure I'd have as much use for them.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

What are the best common (available for summon at 4* or lower) blue tome users to merge to 5* +10? Particularly for Aether Raids offense.

Now that I have Cecilia, Black Knight, and Fae all at +10 and Naesala and Aversa close to it, I want to merge up a blue ranged unit, but I'm not sure who. Reinhardt is probably my best common blue tome unit, but I'd rather merge someone more well-rounded, who cares about the increases to more stats than just Atk. Robin M is currently my frontrunner since I think he could be good in Aether Raids with a TA-Raven build (the same thing I use Cecilia for, so I could have one for each season) but I'm not sure if there's anyone better. L'Arachel and Tailtiu sound pretty good at beating stuff up but I'm not sure I'd have as much use for them.

My first thought would be Robin simply for the mixed bulk, 
I find that him w/CC kinda irks me because i can't obliterate him

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm having a lot of fun with Tailtiu personally, and L'arachel could be useful on AR since you get the extra movement without the lower BST dragging you down.

---

This is probably the wrong place to ask, but are there any other characters known for dual wielding, or at least known for having two or more signature weapons? The Five Heroes from FE8 come to mind for the latter, but only Grado and Jehanna's could work under FEH's rules since they have a physical weapon and tome (you could change their tomes to another element and give them the "targets lower of Def or Res" effect).

10 hours ago, Icelerate said:

If you deploy two Velourias and her support partner, does the support partner get CD-4 at the start of turn 1?

52 minutes ago, XRay said:

I do not have 2 Velourias, so it took me a while to find confirmation, but yes, her cooldown reduction stacks.

All straight cooldown reduction effects stack, so there would've been no reason it wouldn't stack.

Just now, Othin said:

Larchel is your best option for a 4-star-summonable Blarblade user. With +Atk, she beats out Reinhardt for Atk and with +Spd, she beats out Ursula in both offensive stats.

Robin... has issues. His stat spread is awful with too many points wasted in Spd. He's the best infantry Triangle Adept Blarraven user, but that's honestly not saying much.

Tailtiu and Mae are the current front-runners for 4-star-summonable infantry blue tome. Mae has better one-hit kill options with her high Atk and either her exclusive tome (which has Death Blow 3 as its base effect and a refine that isn't required for performance) or Blarblade. Tailtiu can also run either Blarblade or her exclusive tome, though Tome of Thoron really wants its refine due to how fast recent red units have been.

Just now, DefyingFates said:

This is probably the wrong place to ask, but are there any other characters known for dual wielding, or at least known for having two or more signature weapons? The Five Heroes from FE8 come to mind for the latter, but only Grado and Jehanna's could work under FEH's rules since they have a physical weapon and tome (you could change their tomes to another element and give them the "targets lower of Def or Res" effect).

Hartmut has both Eckesachs and the Binding Blade, but it's unclear whether he ever canonically used both simultaneously. Zephiel, on the other hand, does dual wield Eckesachs and the Binding Blade in the spin-off manga series Hasha no Tsurugi.

In the same Hasha manga, the original character (Myrmidon/Swordmaster) Kilmar also dual wields swords.

Lyn has both Mani Katti and Sol Katti, though she only ever dual wields them in spin-off media like Cipher and Warriors.

Pretty much every lord-like character has a starting weapon and a legendary weapon, but only Lyn is ever shown using both simultaneously.

Assassins in the GBA games dual wield knives on their battle sprites, but that's almost certainly just for visual flair since they only ever equip a single sword at a time.

Due to the fact that gameplay restricts units to only equip one weapon at a time, pretty much all cases of dual wielding occur in spin-off media or on historic characters.

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

My first thought would be Robin simply for the mixed bulk, 
I find that him w/CC kinda irks me because i can't obliterate him

I do have an extra Takumi so I could give him CC, but I feel like TA could be more helpful on my own team. Especially since he'd go on my Astra team, alongside Naga who can already beat up melee reds (and do basically nothing else).

My other current main Astra units are Fae, Aversa, and as of this morning, Altina. So I can counter most things pretty well other than red/colorless ranged attacks.

One thing that's been a challenge for my Astra teams is finding room for a dancer. For Light teams, I have Micaiah, who can fill both the dancer and the "murder anything green" roles, but I don't have many other good candidates for that sort of thing. So I could go with Rinea instead (and maybe give her a Raven tome as well), but that'd cost a ton of grails and I'm not sure it'd be worth it. I do have Ishtar and Reyson as Astra dancers already, and Reyson is already on my list as a potential future merge project, but they can be difficult to fit into teams (especially Ishtar with Aversa and now Altina as other red fliers) and including either of them turns off Tactic buffs on fliers.

...Man, before accounting for dragonflowers, Rinea has a higher stat total than Robin. (Dragonflowers do put him slightly ahead, though.) And as much as I like his personal weapon, it's hard for it to stack up to Dance. Especially since I could have Rinea inherit Blarraven. This might actually be a good idea.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Larchel is your best option for a 4-star-summonable Blarblade user. With +Atk, she beats out Reinhardt for Atk and with +Spd, she beats out Ursula in both offensive stats.

Robin... has issues. His stat spread is awful with too many points wasted in Spd. He's the best infantry Triangle Adept Blarraven user, but that's honestly not saying much.

Tailtiu and Mae are the current front-runners for 4-star-summonable infantry blue tome. Mae has better one-hit kill options with her high Atk and either her exclusive tome (which has Death Blow 3 as its base effect and a refine that isn't required for performance) or Blarblade. Tailtiu can also run either Blarblade or her exclusive tome, though Tome of Thoron really wants its refine due to how fast recent red units have been.

I have a ton of unused stones and dew, so refines are easily affordable for anyone I'm merging.

Mae and Tailtiu seem really nice for player phase, but in Aether Raids, I've been finding myself more reliant on enemy phase. I also haven't been having the easiest time getting buffs in my Astra team, so I feel like Blarblade wouldn't go well there. Outside of Aether Raids, I feel like I'm pretty well set in terms of offensive blue tomes between Reinhardt and Summer Corrin. And Ophelia and Ishtar, whenever I remember that they exist. I've already pulled enough extras that I could get Ishtar to +3, so if I just hope for 7 more...

---

I feel like my takeaway from this is that I should just stick Astra blessings onto both Robin and Rinea as they are and then see how they perform. Next Astra season will certainly be a good time to do some experimenting with team composition, since Naga will be a bonus unit.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

I feel like my takeaway from this is that I should just stick Astra blessings onto both Robin and Rinea as they are and then see how they perform.

Yeah, basically this if you're looking for enemy phase. Naga and Altina's blessing boosts will certainly help with some of Robin's issues.

I'd lean towards Robin of the two simply due to the fact that he has a better Atk stat from his weapon (plus the option to refine it for more stats since the Spectrum Tactic refine wouldn't be too useful on your intended team and Blarraven can't be refined) and access to Atk, Def, or Res assets depending on what stat you find you need most.

12 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm confused about Altina's skills I read on the introduction video that she attacks first regardless of foe attacking her like built-in vantage but I'm not sure if I understood that properly.

Altina has Vantage. Her Weapon does not have built in Vantage.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

Altina has Vantage. Her Weapon does not have built in Vantage.

Are you sure about that.  Her introduction showed her at full HP and she was initiated on only for her to strike first.

Eta: And double as well.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

6 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Are you sure about that.  Her introduction showed her at full HP and she was initiated on only for her to strike first.

Eta: And double as well.

She has 31/42 HP in that round of combat, which is just low enough to activate Vantage.

Her weapon has Meisterschwert's dual-phase Brave effect on it.

Edited by Ice Dragon