"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Thats actually not true. Really effective Stave units need alot of investment. If you only want them to attack then yeah razzle/dazzle is enough, but you are neglecting all the benefits a really proper built up Staff user can bring to the table.

If it is for cav line and Infantry Pulse teams, you can just get by with Dazzling Staff Refinement in my opinion since you can rely on other nukes for damage output. It is not ideal, but the team should still work.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

I was thinking Cloud Maiougi's value was more in the blocking Vantage effect with dragon killing as a bonus. But yeah, I'm not thrilled about sacrificing my only copy of a unit, especially a rare seasonal, but there's really no other way if I want to make my merge projects the best they can be. Not too worried about the dancer thing, as it seems like I have a million of them most with better skills anyway. Although I pulled dancing Xander with intent of using him as CC fodder, but I ended up liking him so much I gave him some SI and will probably keep him. I really wish building effective staff units wasn't so expensive.... I'm just not sure what I want to do. Uggg

If you fodder Elincia, the choice you need to make is between giving a dagger user her dagger, or giving Priscilla Atk/Spd Push 4. Though there aren’t a lot of options and they won’t be as good, you could give Priscilla another A-skill, the Hardy Bearing effect has no budget option. It depends on how much you need a second source of Hardy Bearing (or first if you can’t or don’t want to use the seal).

As an aside, any unit that doesn’t come with their optimal skill set needs a lot of investment. Staves, with in-built healing and sweep utility, are one of the best weapon types with no investment.

Edited by Baldrick

I've decided to bench Naesala as one of my AR galeforcers for the time being. He has failed to even get one kill in every match I've tried to use him in. Probably due to the lack of merges and the fact that almost every match I'm at a fortress disadvantage. Mareeta on the other hand, has been pretty amazing so I'm looking for another galeforce unit that would compliment her. I was thinking about Edlegard, so she could handle any bulky blue units for Mareeta if needed. My Edlegard is +Atk -HP, but I did pull a 2nd one at +Atk -Res, so I could merge if needed if I decide not to use for fodder.  The main thing I'm worried about is her low Res. Mareeta has low Res too, but she has Close Call to help mitigate the damage. Other units I'm considering are Duo Ephraim (+HP - Res) or Raven (+Spd). Ephraim is nice because he could offer the extra move that I loose by benching Naesala, but again terrible Res with the bane. I guess I could also wait and see what Cordelia's refine is and use her. It would also save me 20k feathers and losing another merge copy of her. But I'm impatient, so I don't know LOL. What do you guys think?

Anyone have any advice for building units to deal with bird laguz teams in AR? I've had some success on occasion by using an archer with WoM dancers but it's not always easy to approach their innate three movement. Tibarn in particular is a bother as he essentially has 6 movement with a dance and is borderline impossible to tank (and even if you do, congrats, now it's Galeforce time).

Tibarn does have low resistance so I was thinking about building Nowi to one shot him before he gets that deadly second hit in, but there is also the matter of being able to defeat Naesala, a blue unit with higher res. What build would be best for her to deal with them both? Guard? QR? Null Followup?

Suggestions for ideal support units would be welcome too. This is for Astra season so she's gonna share a team with Altina.

5 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

The main thing I'm worried about is her low Res. Mareeta has low Res too, but she has Close Call to help mitigate the damage.

Low bulk is never really an issue since Desperation exists, so once the Galeforcer gets into Desperation range, the nuke ideally would not have to worry about low bulk ever again.

I was thinking about Edlegard, so she could handle any bulky blue units for Mareeta if needed. My Edlegard is +Atk -HP, but I did pull a 2nd one at +Atk -Res, so I could merge if needed if I decide not to use for fodder.

The low Res is fine, her high physical bulk normally is not an issue, but it is an issue due to how her Weapon works. Her main issue in my opinion is that she does not work well in a large team due to Victorious Axe working only when there are enough enemies around. She is basically kind of forced to go second all the time and that is really inflexible; she cannot go first because her physical bulk is way too high to reliably be a Wings of Mercy beacon; she cannot really go third or later either because her Victorious Axe would not work.

Other units I'm considering are Duo Ephraim (+HP - Res) or Raven (+Spd).

If you are using an infantry Galeforce team, I strongly recommend using Desert Mercenaries Ephraim. He is kind of necessary to boost the mobility of your infantry units.

Raven is really good. His bulk is low enough to reliably summon Wings of Mercy reinforcements. If you need help getting his HP down, you can try using Fury on the A slot instead of another Life and Death.

Probably due to the lack of merges and the fact that almost every match I'm at a fortress disadvantage.

I guess I could also wait and see what Cordelia's refine is and use her. It would also save me 20k feathers and losing another merge copy of her. But I'm impatient, so I don't know LOL. What do you guys think?

I would wait for several reasons.

You probably should not judge units too harshly since you have a Fort disadvantage right now. Certain Galeforcers need just the right amount of Atk to work, since it cannot be too high (if it kills something in one hit, it would not activate Galeforce) or too low (the Galeforcer would probably be dead if it cannot kill its target on the second hit). Naesala might actually be fine once you have Fort equality and get more merges on him.

I would wait to see what Cordelia has to offer.

I am also trying to build an Infantry Galeforce team right now (I am just waiting on the Feathers for Raven), so unless you really want to be my guinea pig to test out whether infantry Galeforce teams really work or not, everything I have told you so far is just based on theory and not actual combat experience. It could potentially save you some valuable resources once I take my Galeforce team for a spin and find out it does not work as well as I thought it would be. Most Galeforcers that people build are usually fliers and cavalry due to their better mobility.

5 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Anyone have any advice for building units to deal with bird laguz teams in AR? I've had some success on occasion by using an archer with WoM dancers but it's not always easy to approach their innate three movement. Tibarn in particular is a bother as he essentially has 6 movement with a dance and is borderline impossible to tank (and even if you do, congrats, now it's Galeforce time).

Tibarn does have low resistance so I was thinking about building Nowi to one shot him before he gets that deadly second hit in, but there is also the matter of being able to defeat Naesala, a blue unit with higher res. What build would be best for her to deal with them both? Guard? QR? Null Followup?

Suggestions for ideal support units would be welcome too. This is for Astra season so she's gonna share a team with Altina.

Most of them that I have faced can generally be stopped by using a super tank team, but that is only because the ones I have faced have really poor map layout with some glaring choke points that my super tank can take advantage of.

There are a few really good ones with good map layout that annihilated my super tank team, since there are no choke points to protect my backline, but I do not see those too often. Against them, you probably want to use a Counter-Vantage archer, ideally Leif: Unifier of Thracia.

Edited by XRay

Thanks for putting things into perspective. I will hold off for now, at least until Cordelia's refine. I'll just try and make do with what I have. And maybe concentrate on getting a new vantage team in place (Sothe or Ares or maybe Kronya too). I always get frustrated especially at the start of the season when I start out with three losses in a row. Bad enough I can't earn stones/dew fast enough to upgrade my fortress soon enough, I'm fed up facing teams with multiple +10's with an unmerged (Ike) or low merge (Cecilia +2) tank. Plus I don't think I've ever gotten a defense win yet. It's hard to earn stones/dew if I can't earn lift. I can't earn lift because I don't have stones/dew. It's a cruel cycle, lol. 

But if Cordelia doesn't have a decent refine that helps her galeforce, I will go with Duo Ephraim because he will give all my galeforcers the range I'm losing without Naesala. Although mine has shit IVs (+HP -Res), but at least it's not -Atk.  Oh please, let me get a random Tibarn pity break sometime soon 😲

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Low bulk is never really an issue since Desperation exists, so once the Galeforcer gets into Desperation range, the nuke ideally would not have to worry about low bulk ever again.

The low Res is fine, her high physical bulk normally is not an issue, but it is an issue due to how her Weapon works. Her main issue in my opinion is that she does not work well in a large team due to Victorious Axe working only when there are enough enemies around. She is basically kind of forced to go second all the time and that is really inflexible; she cannot go first because her physical bulk is way too high to reliably be a Wings of Mercy beacon; she cannot really go third or later either because her Victorious Axe would not work.

If you are using an infantry Galeforce team, I strongly recommend using Desert Mercenaries Ephraim. He is kind of necessary to boost the mobility of your infantry units.

Raven is really good. His bulk is low enough to reliably summon Wings of Mercy reinforcements. If you need help getting his HP down, you can try using Fury on the A slot instead of another Life and Death.

I would wait for several reasons.

You probably should not judge units too harshly since you have a Fort disadvantage right now. Certain Galeforcers need just the right amount of Atk to work, since it cannot be too high (if it kills something in one hit, it would not activate Galeforce) or too low (the Galeforcer would probably be dead if it cannot kill its target on the second hit). Naesala might actually be fine once you have Fort equality and get more merges on him.

I would wait to see what Cordelia has to offer.

I am also trying to build an Infantry Galeforce team right now (I am just waiting on the Feathers for Raven), so unless you really want to be my guinea pig to test out whether infantry Galeforce teams really work or not, everything I have told you so far is just based on theory and not actual combat experience. It could potentially save you some valuable resources once I take my Galeforce team for a spin and find out it does not work as well as I thought it would be. Most Galeforcers that people build are usually fliers and cavalry due to their better mobility.

Most of them that I have faced can generally be stopped by using a super tank team, but that is only because the ones I have faced have really poor map layout with some glaring choke points that my super tank can take advantage of.

There are a few really good ones with good map layout that annihilated my super tank team, since there are no choke points to protect my backline, but I do not see those too often. Against them, you probably want to use a Counter-Vantage archer, ideally Leif: Unifier of Thracia.

Super tanks do the job eh? I think I'd need Vengeful + QR on Caine in order to get the kill, and then he's over specializing for a single match up (I'd like to use his seal for resistance boosting).

Don't have CC archers either, for that matter.

2 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Super tanks do the job eh? I think I'd need Vengeful + QR on Caine in order to get the kill, and then he's over specializing for a single match up (I'd like to use his seal for resistance boosting).

The supertank does not actually need Quick Riposte if it can face tank Galeforcers without taking much damage.

I run Sharena with Guard and 2 M!Corrins, so it does not really matter that Sharena cannot kill Galeforcers in one round of combat if she is not taking too much damage in the first place. Tibarn can hit pretty hard, especially with a damage Special, but with Galeforce, his damage is more limited, and if you run Guard, it messes up his Galeforce.

4 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Don't have CC archers either, for that matter.

Yeah, it is rather niche for most archers, but UOT!Leif is really good because he has Meister effect on his bow.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

I run Sharena with Guard and 2 M!Corrins, so it does not really matter that Sharena cannot kill Galeforcers in one round of combat if she is not taking too much damage in the first place. Tibarn can hit pretty hard, especially with a damage Special, but with Galeforce, his damage is more limited, and if you run Guard, it messes up his Galeforce.

I would need to be careful that the Galeforce (or danced) unit can't reach the backline, which could make supporting the tank dangerous. I suppose Nowi with Guard will have to be my budget counter. Maybe stack her Def with Corrin too.

1 hour ago, NekoKnight said:

I would need to be careful that the Galeforce (or danced) unit can't reach the backline, which could make supporting the tank dangerous. I suppose Nowi with Guard will have to be my budget counter. Maybe stack her Def with Corrin too.

Yeah, that is primary issue if you are using a super tank against a well made Galeforce defense map. Most of the maps that I have encountered are not particularly well made, so it was pretty easy to just have Sharena sit at a choke point and wall off Tibarn and Naesala.

The best ones I have seen utilized Lava Floes, which tries to narrow the approach for the offensive team as much as possible, while also providing enough space for the defense team to flank your super tank by traveling through the lava fissure.

19 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I have a +Speed/-Atk Nowi (who will get her merge don't worry) and I wanted to know what skills she might want to run bearing in mind that I am thinking of building her up as best I can.

For the A slot, Bonus Doubler is probably best for PvE content if you can provide her lots of buffs, while for Aether Raids, I would go with Swift Stance once they release that skill to patch up her Spd and Res and provide Guard, or Darting Breath for activating a stronger Special.

I recommend Lull Atk/Spd for her B slot.

If you need something cheap, then I would just go with Steady Posture from Reyson. If you do not want to spend 20,000 on Reyson, then just go with Steady Stance on Silas. Quick Riposte is kind of mandatory for an Enemy Phase unit in my opinion, so you will have to use the Sacred Seal slot or settle with Quick Riposte 2 if you do not want to spend 20,000 Feathers.

Spd tank/super tank:
Lightning Breath — Water Breath (with Distant Counter)
Spd Refinement — Res Refinement
Reposition — Swap
Bonfire (with A slot Breath) — Moonbow
Warding Breath — Darting Breath (not yet released) — Swift Stance (not yet released) — Distant Counter
Lull Atk/Spd
Atk Smoke — Pulse Smoke
Distant Def

Budget:
Lightning Breath
Spd Refinement — Def Refinement — Res Refinement
Reposition — Swap
Moonbow
Steady Stance — Steady Posture
Quick Riposte — Guard (with Quick Riposte on the Sacred Seal slot) — Swordbreaker
Atk Smoke
Quick Riposte — Distant Def — Close Def — Steady Posture
If you are using her to go against Falchion units, you probably want to Def stack her as much as possible.

Edited by XRay

OK, I just pulled an extra Duo Alfonse. I was pulling for him with the intention of getting Special Spiral fodder, so I don't have much interest in merging, especially because neither IVs are very good. So now I need to decide who to give Special Spiral to. The obvious answer is Ophelia, but she doesn't use Close Counter very well does she? I was also thinking about Kronya since I was looking for a colorless Vantage sweeper for AR anyway, and even though yesterday I just promoted Sothe with the intention of using him for the role, I haven't really started giving him many skills yet so it's not really a waste if I change my mind. Apparently CC/S Spiral is pretty great on Kronya, but I was wondering if there was anybody else I should be thinking about? My main concern with Kronya is that she's a grail unit, so merges will be incredibility slow seeing as I'm already working on W!Cecilia & Naesala (though he's on the back burner for now). Although merging Kronya would probably be faster than Ophelia unless she comes back on a banner and I've got the spare cash to pull for her heavily (unlikely). One last unit I was thinking of is Legendary Ike. While I don't really care for the unit too much, I did read he's pretty great with Special Spiral because he can proc Radiant Aether every combat so he's always healed up. I did pull three copies of him on the last banner, so I would have a head start on merging, but like I said, I'm not really a fan of him as a unit.

So what do you guys think?

Also, the IVs on the two Duo Alfonse's are +HP -Res, and +Spd -Def. I was going to keep the +HP -Res version because his speed is already pretty low, and his special scales of his Def so I don't think it's smart to have a bane there. Am I on the right track?

17 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

The obvious answer is Ophelia, but she doesn't use Close Counter very well does she?

Ophelia has no use for Close Counter. She is a player-phase nuke and is the best in the game at the job.

She should always run the build

Missiletainn
Reposition / [flexible Assist]
Blazing Wind / Blazing Light / [other Blazing Specials are situational, but viable]
Life and Death 4 / Life and Death 3
Special Spiral 3
Time's Pulse 3 / Res Smoke 3 / Pulse Smoke 3 / [flexible]
Hardy Bearing 3 / Quickened Pulse / Flashing Blade 3 / Attack +3

If Ophelia has 2 or more tome-using teammates, don't use Time's Pulse or Quickened Pulse. If she has only 1 tome-using teammate, use one or the other. If she has no tome-using teammates, you need both.

Hardy Bearing prevents enemies from activating Vantage. Flashing Blade is used to prevent enemies with Guard-like effects from preventing her Special from charging. If neither is necessary, use Attack +3.

20 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

I was also thinking about Kronya since I was looking for a colorless Vantage sweeper for AR anyway, and even though yesterday I just promoted Sothe with the intention of using him for the role, I haven't really started giving him many skills yet so it's not really a waste if I change my mind. Apparently CC/S Spiral is pretty great on Kronya, but I was wondering if there was anybody else I should be thinking about?

There are only 2 units in the game that are capable of running both Vantage and Special Spiral, Ares and Kronya, because they have one of the two skills on their weapon. If you are going to be giving Special Spiral to a Vantage sweeper, Kronya is the only option in the game. Every other Vantage sweeper in the game needs Vantage in their B slot and cannot run Special Spiral.

4 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

Apparently CC/S Spiral is pretty great on Kronya, but I was wondering if there was anybody else I should be thinking about?

I personally do not recommend Special Spiral on Kronya, since that would just turn her into Ares. I mean, it can work and it does work fine, but you might as well just use any old Counter-Vantage unit since they are cheaper to build as they do not need a premium B skill.

Kronya is unique compared to other Counter-Vantage units because she can run Null C-Disrupt to cover against Firesweep units as well as taking a hit against Hardy Bearing Dancers/Singers. When paired with A Monstrous Harvest Hector, Kronya does not need to deal high consistent damage.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

There are only 2 units in the game that are capable of running both Vantage and Special Spiral, Ares and Kronya, because they have one of the two skills on their weapon. If you are going to be giving Special Spiral to a Vantage sweeper, Kronya is the only option in the game. Every other Vantage sweeper in the game needs Vantage in their B slot and cannot run Special Spiral.

There is also Phina who can run Special Spiral and go ham against armor stall teams with Moonbow. I lean towards Null C-Disrupt too for Phina though to kill annoying Firesweep cavalry units, since armor stall teams are not usually that threatening.

Edited by XRay

See, this is why I ask these questions here before doing anything. You smart guys bring up stuff I don't even think about, lol. Premium fodder is so hard to get, then you worry about doing the wrong thing with it 😟 I keep hearing about how Kronya has a low Atk problem, so I figured constant Moonbows would help alleviate that. I only have a single copy of Nailah and I don't really want to fodder her so I'd have to wait to give Null-C to Kronya. If I did decide to give Kronya CC over Sothe right now (from Takumi), what would be a good B skill in the meantime? I do have Duo Hector so would Kronya work out easier than Sothe most times? Can't I upgrade Duo's Indulgence to give Hector another blast if the first one doesn't hit all the enemies the first round? Or is that not needed once Kronya engages the first units and hits the others with Savage Blow splash? Or is Kronya a bad idea over Sothe because I can only give her a single merge right now, then I'll have to wait for more grails (plus divide them up between her and Cecelia), whereas Sothe just need feathers for merges (I have about 6 combat manuals at the moment)?

So the smart move is to just give Special Spiral to Ophelia and no one else?

11 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

See, this is why I ask these questions here before doing anything. You smart guys bring up stuff I don't even think about, lol. Premium fodder is so hard to get, then you worry about doing the wrong thing with it 😟 I keep hearing about how Kronya has a low Atk problem, so I figured constant Moonbows would help alleviate that. I only have a single copy of Nailah and I don't really want to fodder her so I'd have to wait to give Null-C to Kronya. If I did decide to give Kronya CC over Sothe right now (from Takumi), what would be a good B skill in the meantime? I do have Duo Hector so would Kronya work out easier than Sothe most times? Can't I upgrade Duo's Indulgence to give Hector another blast if the first one doesn't hit all the enemies the first round? Or is that not needed once Kronya engages the first units and hits the others with Savage Blow splash? Or is Kronya a bad idea over Sothe because I can only give her a single merge right now, then I'll have to wait for more grails (plus divide them up between her and Cecelia), whereas Sothe just need feathers for merges (I have about 6 combat manuals at the moment)?

So the smart move is to just give Special Spiral to Ophelia and no one else?

Me personally - i would not give Kronya Null Disrupt. There are a lot better people out there who can benefit. Yes. Kronya could have the literal  vantage over them if she's weak enough but with 34 res, I'm not sure if I would really want to do that. (that's me personally). my Kronya has Close counter and will be getting Special Spiral.  

here is my Kronya (once I end up murdering Keaton and you know. getting the rest of the kronya).

Spoiler

D4RecwDsGs4qAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png?width=1

Simple. Efficient. Gets the job done. 

If the argument is - "but you just have Ares" my question would be.. and the problem is what exactly? (not to mention having a ranged "Ares" is good if you need to ping and snipe.  Again. there is nothing wrong with null disrupt, there are just much better users (melee).  if you want to give it to a Ranged Unit - I'd argue Tethys , Niles and Kaze would be better users of it. I'm not sure if i would do that unless i got a 4th Nailah (because i'd ideally like to have a Disrupter in every colour, then one in colourless) mostly because I wouldn't want to waste the DC. 

As in regards to Ophelia. if you do end up getting Igrene - LND/Pulse Smoke is there (but as someone who has Igrene, I don't even know if i'd fodder her. she's awesome, but this new mage-y guy has pulse smoke. Mine doesn't even run it. (or Res Smoke though she will eventually - Brunnya does have it. so some options). but she doesn't need close counter. and again - for me, I wouldn't fodder off Alphonsharena unless that unit was getting the entire kit. CC/Special Spiral. 

and for the record. Ophelia is a staple on my GC/RD team - (and i have used her sans other magic users).  my Ophelia  (while heavily merged now). is faster enough that she doesn't need quickened pulse nor Times pulse to get the Ophelianniagns ready to go. (also. Sothis is meant for love and protection not senseless foddering unless you've already +10'ed her) - and to be fair before i got my +atk Ophelia i did have a +spd so there is that consideration as well.

Thanks @daisy jane for making my decision even harder, lol. It's true that I am building Ares to be a vantage sweeper, but it would be nice to have an effective sweeper for both seasons to maximize blessing scores. I'm just worried giving all this premium fodder to Kronya while she's at such low merges. But I guess I gotta start somewhere...

I love Ophelia and was thrilled when I finally pulled her over Christmas, but unfortunately my copy is -Spd so she's probably not ideal, but maybe that doesn't matter when spamming AOE? 

And yeah, I do have Igrene and I agree, she's awesome. I would not fodder my only copy. I used to have her paired with Velouria to become a pseudo-Ophelia and was a lot of fun. And if I want Pulse Smoke for someone, I do have a Pent that I'm never gonna use. Been thinking about giving it to B!Ike maybe.

2 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Thanks @daisy jane for making my decision even harder, lol. It's true that I am building Ares to be a vantage sweeper, but it would be nice to have an effective sweeper for both seasons to maximize blessing scores. I'm just worried giving all this premium fodder to Kronya while she's at such low merges. But I guess I gotta start somewhere...

I love Ophelia and was thrilled when I finally pulled her over Christmas, but unfortunately my copy is -Spd so she's probably not ideal, but maybe that doesn't matter when spamming AOE? 

And yeah, I do have Igrene and I agree, she's awesome. I would not fodder my only copy. I used to have her paired with Velouria to become a pseudo-Ophelia and was a lot of fun. And if I want Pulse Smoke for someone, I do have a Pent that I'm never gonna use. Been thinking about giving it to B!Ike maybe.

i sent you a PM - check it out. 
my kronya right now is +2.

when i killed Keaton for special spiral for ophelia, she wasn't very merged - but certain units just get the love even if they will forever be +1. (Ophelia will have other banners, so that's not even a worry).  (I think. think AOE spam is based on atk. the -spd sucks, but patchable with LND anyway). 

Pulse smoke Ike would be mean. 

19 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

See, this is why I ask these questions here before doing anything. You smart guys bring up stuff I don't even think about, lol.

Thanks for the compliment, but I think I still have much to learn, and my views do not always match another person's play style.

21 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

I keep hearing about how Kronya has a low Atk problem, so I figured constant Moonbows would help alleviate that.

She does have a low Atk problem, but so does every other unit that is not a Blade mage or have some type of ability to emulate high Atk.

The unique thing with Kronnya is that she has bulk, unlike most Counter-Vantage units, because her Vantage does not depend on her having low HP. Her Vantage is also on her Weapon, which means that her B slot is free to provide more coverage. You can use the B slot to fix her damage output problem, but we have AMH!Hector now so you offload the Atk stat onto him.

11 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

If the argument is - "but you just have Ares" my question would be.. and the problem is what exactly? (not to mention having a ranged "Ares" is good if you need to ping and snipe.  Again. there is nothing wrong with null disrupt, there are just much better users (melee).  if you want to give it to a Ranged Unit - I'd argue Tethys , Niles and Kaze would be better users of it. I'm not sure if i would do that unless i got a 4th Nailah (because i'd ideally like to have a Disrupter in every colour, then one in colourless) mostly because I wouldn't want to waste the DC. 

There is nothing wrong with having another Ares, but Ares and Blade mages are a dime a dozen, while there is only 1 Kronya that can do Kronya things. Like, there is no unit that can emulate Kronya's abilities, while lots of units can emulate Ares and Blade mages' high Atk. Having Kronya do Kronya things means that you have alternative tactical options for Counter-Vantage if your Ares or Blade mage option does not work out.

You need a Counter-Vantage unit with minimal support? Ares, Keaton, Blade mages, etc. they all got your back.

Need a Counter-Vantage unit that can put Firesweepers in their place and take a stray hit? Only Kronya can do that.

I guess you can build 2 Kronyas, but that is really Grail expensive.

Well, I guess I'm going to give Kronya CC/Special Spiral for now since that's what I have. She's going to need CC anyway, and Special Spiral is also really good on her, so I might as well give both at the same time. I hear what you're saying about Null-C, and it does sound really good for dealing with Veronica, etc.. So I will have a decision to make when the day comes that I get Null-C fodder. But that could be next week, or in 6 months, so at least in the meantime I should have an effective vantage sweeper. I know I was gonna build Sothe, and I still might, but I do like the idea of vantage working off the enemy damage and not my own

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

There is nothing wrong with having another Ares, but Ares and Blade mages are a dime a dozen, while there is only 1 Kronya that can do Kronya things. Like, there is no unit that can emulate Kronya's abilities, while lots of units can emulate Ares and Blade mages' high Atk. Having Kronya do Kronya things means that you have alternative tactical options for Counter-Vantage if your Ares or Blade mage option does not work out.

You need a Counter-Vantage unit with minimal support? Ares, Keaton, Blade mages, etc. they all got your back.

Need a Counter-Vantage unit that can put Firesweepers in their place and take a stray hit? Only Kronya can do that.

I guess you can build 2 Kronyas, but that is really Grail expensive.

yes. but there are better users of Null Disrupt. 
to be honest -i see more healers than firesweepers so that's an each their own (to be honest i don't really see a lot of blade tome close counters either, nor do i run that myself).  so yeah theoretically that could be Kronya who can do that. however while you can't do vantage there are many bulky units who can take a hit from a firesweeper and still hurt them. 

not to mention i wouldn't want to waste Nailah's DC giving null Disrupt to a ranged uni, unless i've built m WTA Null Disrupt team ;) 

5 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I summoned a free Helbindi (-HP/+Res) what skills does he have that are worth foddering or should I turn him into feathers instead for Henry to get to 10+ (because he needs the merges atm)

Sending Home for Feathers is rarely a good idea for 3*/4* units, and I do not think it is ever a good idea for 5* units in my opinion. It is a huge waste of Orbs and the small amount of Feathers rarely justifies it since players already rake in over 20,000 Feathers a week, so there is really no good reason to send home units for Feathers. You can always book them instead and merge later once you find a nature you like. Even for units like Oboro and Jacob, I still recommend keeping a few around instead of sending them all home to make Skill Inheritance of more valuable fodder more efficient.

For Helbindi, he has G Duel Infantry, which is valuable for scoring in mode likes Arena and Mjölnir's Strike. For Arena, you can just put it on whoever is your core cheerleader if they are green infantry. For Mjölnir's Strike, you want to put it on a Mythic Hero.

He also has Infantry Pulse, which is valuable for Aether Raids defense team to set up Infantry Pulse teams.

Helbindi has pretty decent mixed bulk, and +Res is not bad. I would keep him and use him for Arena Assault.

20 minutes ago, XRay said:

Sending Home for Feathers is rarely a good idea for 3*/4* units, and I do not think it is ever a good idea for 5* units in my opinion. It is a huge waste of Orbs and the small amount of Feathers rarely justifies it since players already rake in over 20,000 Feathers a week, so there is really no good reason to send home units for Feathers. You can always book them instead and merge later once you find a nature you like. Even for units like Oboro and Jacob, I still recommend keeping a few around instead of sending them all home to make Skill Inheritance of more valuable fodder more efficient.

For Helbindi, he has G Duel Infantry, which is valuable for scoring in mode likes Arena and Mjölnir's Strike. For Arena, you can just put it on whoever is your core cheerleader if they are green infantry. For Mjölnir's Strike, you want to put it on a Mythic Hero.

He also has Infantry Pulse, which is valuable for Aether Raids defense team to set up Infantry Pulse teams.

Helbindi has pretty decent mixed bulk, and +Res is not bad. I would keep him and use him for Arena Assault.

I don't use him period so he's worthless to me, and I have a +Hp/-Res who literally was level 40 conversation and never used again, since I mostly use male Grima for nearly all content for the green unit and he's not even full strength yet.