"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

24 minutes ago, XRay said:

If it is just for Arena, I lean towards Atk/Spd Bond on the Sacred Seal slot so he can more guarantee to kill something during his first round of combat. After that, whether you want to continue to use him or use your core team for kills is up to you. For Brazens, it does not work with his first round of combat, although it is more flexible afterwards since it does not require him to be next to allies.

If you plan to use him outside of Arena, I recommend either going with either Steady Posture or Swift Stance for a more coherent build if you want to keep his Enemy Phase build.

yeah, i wanted to keep his enemy phase base concept, and yes, i think i'll keep using him even for other game modes, in fact i think i'll try to +10 him after levin

btw thanks for your advices

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I am coming up with a dual phase build for Altena, would she prefer +ATK or +DEF as an asset? 

I am thinking something along the lines of Sturdy Impact for A, and Quick Riposte for either B or the seal slot. Additional skill recommendations would be appreciated as well. 

I got pity broken by Maribelle last night. Kind of a bummer because I literally just promoted Nanna yesterday, kinda a waste of 20k feathers and I didn't really need another staff cav, but she's pretty cool. Staff Valor is good to have anyway.  I was wondering what is the best weapon to give her? I want to give her wrathful something, but not sure what. I like Pain+ the best, but I already have Priscilla with both Pain+ and Panic+. Is Gravity+ worthwhile?

22 hours ago, Lord Quan said:

If I am coming up with a dual phase build for Altena, would she prefer +ATK or +DEF as an asset? 

I am thinking something along the lines of Sturdy Impact for A, and Quick Riposte for either B or the seal slot. Additional skill recommendations would be appreciated as well. 

Ignore the following. You can still read it for info.

There are two types of dual phase units. One type is Counter-Vantage, and the other type we are focusing on involves messing around with the Spd check or straight up winning or enforcing the Spd check.

For the latter type, you deally want +Spd on Athena if possible to avoid enemy doubles and to perform doubles.

The best dual phase combat units have some sort of skill that helps them with winning the Spd check in some way or emulating it (i.e.: giving a straight stat boost in Spd to win the Spd check normally; emulate it with guaranteed follow ups or follow up denial; enforcing the regular Spd check via Null Follow-Up; etc.), and have effects that are active on both phases to compliment that. Athena unfortunately does not have anything unique in her Weapon that helps with winning the Spd check, her only effect that works on both phases is Harmonic effect, and her Desperation effect puts her largely in a Player Phase role.

For example, a good dual phase unit would be someone like Edelgard, Dimitri, Hríd, or dual phase armor units who can double on both phases; the 2 Byleths who enforce the traditional Spd check on the enemy via Null Follow-Up on their Weapon; or F!Kana for a straight up massive stat boost across the board and most importantly in Spd.

If you still wish to turn Athena into a dual phase unit, I recommend something like the following:
+Spd
Concealed Blade
Spd Refinement -- special Refinement
Reposition
Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd or Spd/Def, or maybe even Spd/Res)
Null Follow-Up -- Lull Atk/Spd -- Lull Spd/Def -- Dull Close -- Close Call -- Repel -- Guard -- Special Spiral
(Any C) -- Time's Pulse
Atk/Spd -- Spd/Def -- Spd/Res -- Flashing Blade -- Spd Smoke
For her Special, I lean towards Spd Refinement, but Desperation might help on Player Phase to extend her usefulness before Dance/Sing-Reposition her out of enemy range for healing. For her A slot, make sure the skill works on both phases, so this will most likely be Solos.

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

I got pity broken by Maribelle last night. Kind of a bummer because I literally just promoted Nanna yesterday, kinda a waste of 20k feathers and I didn't really need another staff cav, but she's pretty cool. Staff Valor is good to have anyway.  I was wondering what is the best weapon to give her? I want to give her wrathful something, but not sure what. I like Pain+ the best, but I already have Priscilla with both Pain+ and Panic+. Is Gravity+ worthwhile?

Having another Pain staff user is fine. Before I had a lot of Firesweep archers for Arena Assault, I was relying on my Pain clerics to fill in that role. I think I have like at least 8 Firesweep clerics, with most of them using Pain.

Gravity is another good option.

Panic is great in AI hands, but it is not as useful in player hands in my opinion.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

If you still wish to turn Athena into a dual phase unit, I recommend something like the following:

Altena, not Athena.

21 hours ago, Lord Quan said:

Neither. The only way you can viably make a dual-phase build for Altena is with a Spd Asset and massive Spd investment, and even then it's only barely passable.

Her Atk isn't high enough to reliably one-hit kill enemies on initiation, meaning you either need to guarantee a follow-up with a skill or pass the Spd check. A dual-phase build for Altena would look something like

Altena [+Spd]
Earthly Gae Bolg
Reposition
Ruptured Sky / Moonbow
Swift Sparrow 3 / Life and Death 4 / etc.
Quick Riposte 3
[whatever]
Darting Blow 3

This gets her only 42 Spd on initiation before buffs and merges, which is still iffy considering how fast red units have gotten.

It would be best to simply focus on an enemy-phase build using Quick Riposte.

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

Gravity+ is one of the best ways to cheese your way through Arena Assault.

I personally consider it to be the best overall staff weapon out of the ones available from units in the 4-star pool.

Edited by Ice Dragon

11 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So, I remember a while ago Seliph was said to be cancerous in Aether Raids defense. I've been trying to build up a Seliph for it but I can't find what all the good builds for him are. Can I have a refresher?

Seliph [+Atk / +HP]
Tyrfing [unique / Atk / Def / Res]
[whatever Assist]
Vengeance / Reprisal
Distant Counter
Vantage 3
[whatever passive C]
[something that boosts HP, Atk, Def, or Res or debuffs Def]

Basically, Tyrfing with any refine prevents Seliph from dying in one round of combat as long as the opponent cannot take him down to 1 HP in a single hit. Since Seliph is slow, it's most likely that he'll be doubled, allowing him to have a 1 HP Vengeance fully charged for his second round of combat, and Vantage will be up. If you're paranoid about Vengeance not being up, then you can use Reprisal instead.

His optimal C slot skills are either Infantry Pulse (if he's on an Infantry Pulse team) or Threaten Atk/Def 3 once it's release (on any other team), but the slot is pretty flexible if you don't have premium fodder. Regular Threaten skills are actually decent for him as are Smoke skills, especially Def Smoke.

For his Sacred Seal, I'd suggest a Bond, Stance, or Smoke skill.

44 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Altena, not Athena.

Woops. Reading fail.

43 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So, I remember a while ago Seliph was said to be cancerous in Aether Raids defense. I've been trying to build up a Seliph for it but I can't find what all the good builds for him are. Can I have a refresher?

If you see a lot of Firesweepers, Null C-Disrupt with or without Quick Riposte can also catch some Firesweep players off guard. I forgot to check his skills sometimes and just assumed he was running Vantage, so I accidentally sent my BH!Lyn to commit suicide on quite a few occasions.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Gravity+ is one of the best ways to cheese your way through Arena Assault.

I personally consider it to be the best overall staff weapon out of the ones available from units in the 4-star pool.

Thanks, I think I'll go with Gravity+ first since I don't have any 5* users of Gravity yet (unless you count Loki). I will probably go with Pain+ down the line too when I have some spare feathers just to give me options. I did already give her Savage Blow. Man, I wish there was a way to make duplicate seals, even if the cost was high it would be worth it for some. I guess that would just be too OP.  

I can't for the life of me remember how to set the cutscenes to only play on Normal mode. I searched under settings several times and can't find it.

28 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I can't for the life of me remember how to set the cutscenes to only play on Normal mode. I searched under settings several times and can't find it.

Was there an option for that before? The only option I remember was to skip cutscenes when you redo a map after you complete it on any difficulty.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

Was there an option for that before? The only option I remember was to skip cutscenes when you redo a map after you complete it on any difficulty.

There was an option on my previous device. I'll keep an eye out as I replay them.

Henry build time.

So I have a 10+ +Atk Henry.  His best IV and he's been fairly invested into (native refine for his prf as soon as I could).  Now, will he appreciate Fort Def/Res 3 over Atk +3/ L and D 3?  Bearing in mind he is packing his native refine option and I could change it up if I have to.

Do stances stack? For example, if my unit has the Def stance to add +6 or 7 or whatever if for attacks, and I added the stance that increase speed and def as a seal would that work? Or nah? Thanks! I feel like I knew the answer at some point but forgot haha.

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So I have a 10+ +Atk Henry.  His best IV and he's been fairly invested into (native refine for his prf as soon as I could).  Now, will he appreciate Fort Def/Res 3 over Atk +3/ L and D 3?  Bearing in mind he is packing his native refine option and I could change it up if I have to.

Henry is terrible on player phase (unless you're using Raudhrblade), so you really want to boost his enemy-phase performance instead. Life and Death 3 has the issue that his Spd is still awful even with the boost, and the cost of -5 Def and Res means you're taking 10 extra damage from 2 hits from an opponent.

Personally, I'd focus on boosting his Def and Res as much as possible and relying on Bonfire or Ignis to deal more damage. Fortress Def/Res is a decent skill for him, but it would be even better to not sacrifice his Atk at all and go with Distant Def 4 if you have the option to do so since it not only gives you more stats, but also neutralizes enemy bonuses, which is basically just even more stats.

Alternatively, Henry is great with Triangle Adept due to his exclusive weapon having the Litrraven effect and Cancel Affinity being an extremely rare skill to run into except on the few units that come with it by default.

2 hours ago, Dylan Corona said:

Do stances stack? For example, if my unit has the Def stance to add +6 or 7 or whatever if for attacks, and I added the stance that increase speed and def as a seal would that work? Or nah? Thanks! I feel like I knew the answer at some point but forgot haha.

Yes.

Every numeric effect in this game stacks except for Triangle Adept (uses largest value), visible bonuses and penalties (uses largest value), and anything that explicitly says it doesn't stack.

With a Lewyn banner on the horizon, my Ophelia is hungry for a new B slot. It was my intention to get her Special Spiral (as per the cookie cutter build) but I wonder if the new Lull Atk/Res wouldn't be better for her in AR defense. While she would lack the repeat shots of her doom cannon, the latter B skill would make her initial attack more deadly against super tanks (in particular, ones using Bonus Doubler). For PVE content, Special Spiral would be better though. Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

With a Lewyn banner on the horizon, my Ophelia is hungry for a new B slot. It was my intention to get her Special Spiral (as per the cookie cutter build) but I wonder if the new Lull Atk/Res wouldn't be better for her in AR defense. While she would lack the repeat shots of her doom cannon, the latter B skill would make her initial attack more deadly against super tanks (in particular, ones using Bonus Doubler). For PVE content, Special Spiral would be better though. Thoughts?

While it helps against tanks running Bonus Doubler, it doesn't do quite as much against tanks running Drives, Guards, Corrin, Keaton, etc. If you see a lot of challengers coming at you with Bonus Doubler or able to counter-kill Ophelia often, then Lull Atk/Res might be worth it, but otherwise, it's probably more cost-effective to give it to a different nuke.

Your call, though. I can see it going either way.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

While it helps against tanks running Bonus Doubler, it doesn't do quite as much against tanks running Drives, Guards, Corrin, Keaton, etc. If you see a lot of challengers coming at you with Bonus Doubler or able to counter-kill Ophelia often, then Lull Atk/Res might be worth it, but otherwise, it's probably more cost-effective to give it to a different nuke.

Your call, though. I can see it going either way.

My defense does have Sonya (precharged Glacies and Mirror Impact) as well so I suppose she would be another option. I brought up Ophelia first because people looking to counter her will be stacking visible res while for Sonya it doesn't matter what kind of res they have in terms of how much damage she'll do.

6 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

My defense does have Sonya (precharged Glacies and Mirror Impact) as well so I suppose she would be another option. I brought up Ophelia first because people looking to counter her will be stacking visible res while for Sonya it doesn't matter what kind of res they have in terms of how much damage she'll do.

It depends largely on the units that are being used to tank Ophelia.

The best green super tanks (Winter Fae, Nagi, Winter Sothis) all have monstrously high Res stats so that even if you nullify their field bonuses, they'll still be able to make Ophelia's direct attacks deal zero damage. An absolutely maxed out to the brim Ophelia (Atk Asset, max merges and Dragonflowers, Life and Death 4, 2 Atk Mythic boosts, and +7 Atk from field bonuses) has 81 Atk with no combat bonuses (Drive Atk, etc.), which takes only 65 Res for a green unit to clear without Dull Ranged or Distant Def 4 and 60 Res with. My mostly maxed out Winter Fae, who is my standard tank when I don't need to worry about effective damage or Alm, hits 62 Res in combat (and nullifies field bonuses) with no buffs or other party support (including Mythic blessings) whatsoever, which with some rudimentary team support is enough to shut down any Ophelia, with or without a Lull skill.

If you're seeing super tanks of that caliber often, then Lull won't help Ophelia at all. However, if challengers are using less effective tanks, then Lull Atk/Res is worth a good 9-15 damage against a unit with +6 Res in field bonuses, and that might be enough to break them if they aren't already.

I don't know what kind of tanks you normally see from challengers, so I can't definitively say if it'll be more worth it to give Lull Atk/Res to Ophelia or to another unit.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It depends largely on the units that are being used to tank Ophelia.

The best green super tanks (Winter Fae, Nagi, Winter Sothis) all have monstrously high Res stats so that even if you nullify their field bonuses, they'll still be able to make Ophelia's direct attacks deal zero damage. An absolutely maxed out to the brim Ophelia (Atk Asset, max merges and Dragonflowers, Life and Death 4, 2 Atk Mythic boosts, and +7 Atk from field bonuses) has 81 Atk with no combat bonuses (Drive Atk, etc.), which takes only 65 Res for a green unit to clear without Dull Ranged or Distant Def 4 and 60 Res with. My mostly maxed out Winter Fae, who is my standard tank when I don't need to worry about effective damage or Alm, hits 62 Res in combat (and nullifies field bonuses) with no buffs or other party support (including Mythic blessings) whatsoever, which with some rudimentary team support is enough to shut down any Ophelia, with or without a Lull skill.

If you're seeing super tanks of that caliber often, then Lull won't help Ophelia at all. However, if challengers are using less effective tanks, then Lull Atk/Res is worth a good 9-15 damage against a unit with +6 Res in field bonuses, and that might be enough to break them if they aren't already.

I don't know what kind of tanks you normally see from challengers, so I can't definitively say if it'll be more worth it to give Lull Atk/Res to Ophelia or to another unit.

Fair enough. I don't see as many W!Sothis/Nagi/W!Fae, it's usually stuff like max investment Fae, Nowi or lesser merged B!Ike and Caineghis.

I'll consider Lull A/R for Sonya anyway as she can't use Special Spiral as efficiently with her Glacies build.

Edited by NekoKnight

15 minutes ago, Random Schemer said:

(Hope this is the right topic since it's the only one avaiable for me)

I recommend using the pinned skill inheritance thread or the pinned questions thread here. When you go to the Heroes forum page, the pinned threads are near the top. If you cannot make a comment in these two threads, I think you can introduce yourself in the introduction section of the forums or make a random topic in Far From the Forest section of the forums to satisfy the posting requirements.

38 minutes ago, Random Schemer said:

L!Ike is the leader of the team with a classic Mixed Phase Special Spiral 3 build, but with Close Defense instead of Quick Riposte: the strategy here is to boost L!Ike's speed to secure Radiant Aether even in Player Phase and take less damege at all. I'll have to keep Soren near him and maybe B!Lucina in order to activate Joint Hone Speed, Wind's Brand effect and Atk/Spd bond. B!Lucina is not supposed to fight at all but she can boost both L!Ike and Soren. Peony is here to even more support through dance and boosts. Joint Hone Speed + double Drive Spd 2 + Geirskögul + Flower of Joy is a +17 speed for L!Ike, total speed 47. My fastest unist are Kronya and Claude with 42 speed so... 47 should be enough to double in a lot of scenarios and I'm not counting Spur Atk/Spd 2.

For the last slot I also considered Naga (Fury 3, Chill Speed 3, Divine Fang) or W!Eirika (Fort. Res 3, Wings of Mercy, Atk Opening) instead of Peony.

What do you think? Is it good? Improvable? Or it's completely trash?

If you are going for a super tank team, I recommend running 2 buffers/debuffers and 2 Eirs.

The team also does not provide enough stat support. Soren simply is not good enough in my opinion. If you want a debuffer, I recommend Aversa.

Off the top of my head, the best buffers/debuffers that are compatible with Ike: Vanguard Legend are Brave Heroes Lucina, M!Corrin, Aversa, and Kaden. Brave Heroes Lucina is the best support for physical Weapon users, with the only drawback being slightly weaker stat buffs compared to M!Corrin in return for providing the Breath effect. M!Corrin is the best buffer in general. Aversa is the best debuffer, Panicking and debuffing her enemies at the same time. Kaden provides the highest buffs, but he is rendered useless when Panicked.

The 2 Eirs provide crucial out of combat healing that your team lacks. In combat healing is not as good as out of combat healing because it cannot take the tank back to full HP reliably. If you do not mind using Grail units for skill fodder, I recommend giving one of your Eirs (preferably the non-neutral and not-free one) Temari for debuff support.

I will build team that looks something like this:

VL!Ike
+Spd/Res
Ragnell
Radiant Aether
Swift Stance 4 (not released yet)
Lull Atk/Spd
Pulse Smoke
Swift Stance

Eir
neutral
Lyfjaberg
Reposition
Moonbow
Swift Sparrow
Chill Atk — Chill Spd
Sparkling Boost
Chill Spd — Chill Atk
I recommend giving this build to your free neutral Eir. I do not recommend giving any merges nor Dragonflowers to the free neutral Eir since you may need it to follow guides.

Eir
+Res
Temari — (Any Refinable Weapon)
Res Refinement
Reposition
Moonbow
Fort Def/Res
Sabotage Def (with Temari) — Sabotage Atk — Sabotage Spd
Sparkling Boost
Fortress Res
If you do not wish to use Grail units for skill inheritance, then just replace Temari with any dagger that can have Res Refinement, and run Sabotage Atk on the B slot. If you are running M!Corrin or Aversa (or any support with decent Res) with 2 Eirs, I recommend giving Sabotage Atk and Sabotage Spd between the two of them, and give Sabotage Atk to the one with higher Res.

BH!Lucina
+Spd
Geirskögul [special]
Reposition
Moonbow
Life and Death 4
Chill Def
(Any Drive) — Distant Guard — Close Guard
(Any Drive) — Distant Guard — Close Guard (not yet released)

M!Corrin
+Def/Res
Yato [special]
Reposition
Moonbow
Fortress Def/Res
Sabotage Atk — Sabotage Spd

Aversa
Aversa's Night
Reposition
Moonbow
HP+5 — HP/Res
(Any Sabotage)
(Any Ploy) — (Any Drive)
HP+5 — HP/Res

Kaden
Kitsune Fang
Shove
Moonbow
(Any A)
(Any Link)
If you are running Kaden, make sure the other buffer/debuffer has the opposite Link Skill on their B slot. For example, if your Kaden is running Spd/Res Link, then the other buffer/debuffer runs Atk/Def Link.

1 hour ago, Random Schemer said:

Joint Hone Speed + double Drive Spd 2 + Geirskögul + Flower of Joy is a +17 speed for L!Ike, total speed 47. My fastest unist are Kronya and Claude with 42 speed so... 47 should be enough to double in a lot of scenarios and I'm not counting Spur Atk/Spd 2.

47 Spd is not good enough. The bare minimum should be at least 50, but I strongly recommend aiming higher to help prevent Alm: Saint King and Celica: Queen of Valentia from doubling you.

C Skill: Even Atk Wave 3

Waves are crap. I do not recommend them unless you have a pair of them on a support unit, and even then, I still would not recommend using them in Aether Raids because they provide bonus buffs (which can backfire horribly if the enemy is running Panic staff users) and it requires the buffer to be next to the super tank (which can get your support unit killed by a ranged enemy).

Saced Seal: Atk/Spd Bond 3

C Skill: Spur Atk/Spd 2

For an Enemy Phase team, you do not want to run skills that require adjacency to work. It will get whatever unit supporting the frontline tank killed by ranged units.

Peony (Neutral Ivs)

Peony is here to even more support through dance and boosts.

I do not recommend Dancers/Singers on a super tank team, since that spot could have been another buffer to further strengthen your super tank. In my opinion super tanks do not really need Dancers/Singers since they are in no rush to kill things on Player Phase.

Peony is not bad though when she is supporting a flier super tank with Goad Fliers or Ward Fliers, since that helps offset the low stat buffs of Flowers of Joy.

For the last slot I also considered Naga (Fury 3, Chill Speed 3, Divine Fang) or W!Eirika (Fort. Res 3, Wings of Mercy, Atk Opening) instead of Peony.

I do not recommend mixing Astra and Light Mythic Heroes. Either go all Light or all Astra, and Bless the team accordingly. Using an offseason Mythic Hero does not provide any Lift gain (unless it is a bonus unit, but I still do not recommend using them as a bonus unit during their off season) and it does not provide a stat boost to allies if their Blessing does not match the Mythic Hero.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not recommend Dancers/Singers on a super tank team, since that spot could have been another buffer to further strengthen your super tank. In my opinion super tanks do not really need Dancers/Singers since they are in no rush to kill things on Player Phase.

Peony is not bad though when she is supporting a flier super tank with Goad Fliers or Ward Fliers, since that helps offset the low stat buffs of Flowers of Joy.

While I don't entirely agree with the idea of not bringing a dancer at all, I do wanna add that Reyson is a great dancer to bring for Astra season since his healing can help against Duma's Upheaval, and if you're running Naga, he'll have at least a little space to transform

These last few months I have got some interesting skills and i'm wondering who could make the best use of those.

The last Takumi banner gave me another close counter to use on a ranged unit.
Dozla seems like a good candidate. The pumpkin weapon and his +def nature gives him a very good 41 def stat. 32 speed is not fast, but it is something you can work with.

Merric is less statistically impressive, but his high hp and 37 speed makes him semi bulki as well. Close counter could help him with flying slaying duty and the +5 atk/spd from his tome makes it easier to give away his A slot.

Other then that I have like Matthew, Chad or maybe a bladetome/summer Lilina for the skill in mind.

I also got a bonus doubler, but i'm not entirely sure who to give it to. Legendary Marth for double bonus doubler or perhaps someone like Dorcas for DC stuff.

And finally I got myself a extra slaying axe and a extra rearguard. I was thinking of giving one of those to my +def Ross, but i'm not sure which is the best option. 

14 hours ago, Johann said:

While I don't entirely agree with the idea of not bringing a dancer at all, I do wanna add that Reyson is a great dancer to bring for Astra season since his healing can help against Duma's Upheaval, and if you're running Naga, he'll have at least a little space to transform

I mean, having a Dancer/Singer in itself is not bad, but I feel that the opportunity cost to bringing one is losing out on stats. Peony does offer a total of 15 stats, which is not very far off of M!Corrin's 16, but it is 5 of that is in HP which I feel is not that great, and 6 of those stats in Atk/Spd requires a stricter requirement in terms of placement which makes it a little more clunky.

6 hours ago, Sasori said:

The last Takumi banner gave me another close counter to use on a ranged unit.
Dozla seems like a good candidate. The pumpkin weapon and his +def nature gives him a very good 41 def stat. 32 speed is not fast, but it is something you can work with.

Merric is less statistically impressive, but his high hp and 37 speed makes him semi bulki as well. Close counter could help him with flying slaying duty and the +5 atk/spd from his tome makes it easier to give away his A slot.

Other then that I have like Matthew, Chad or maybe a bladetome/summer Lilina for the skill in mind.

I personally recommend Summer Refreshes Lilina or A Monstrous Harvest Dozla.

If you are going with SR!Lilina, I also recommend giving her Vantage as well so she can work as a Counter-Vantage unit. Savage Blow, Atk Smoke, and Spd Smoke are cheap C slot options and she can run Brazen Atk/Res to help her drop the occasional Iceberg/Glacies or Draconic Aura/Dragon Fang.

For AMH!Dozla, I do NOT recommend using Pumpkin-a-Box since he will be used as an Enemy Phase unit and Fury does not work well with Enemy Phase units due to the bulk reduction after combat. 29 Spd is not bad if you turning him into a super tank and can buff his Spd more, but 29 Spd is kind of horrible if you are not modifying it. It is too fast to reliably use stronger Specials and it is too slow to prevent doubles. You want to stay as far away from the Spd range of 30-40 as much as possible. You either try to be really slow with ideally 25 Spd or less, or you try to stack as much Spd as possible to go above that Spd range and preferably land over 45 Spd or more.

I do not recommend Merric for taking down fliers. Any Counter-Vantage archer with decent Atk can do a better a job than him in my opinion.

Matthew is decent as he is pretty bulky, and his Blizzard/Blade effect helps with addressing his low Atk. Chad might be okay too.

Edited by XRay