"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Currently in a weird spot for spending orbs I have 3 major options to go for, and I see merrit in all 3 but unsure which would be best. So i'm looking for opinions.

Option one: Snipe red on mythic banner, Currently could really use Eliwood for wind legendary coverage, and I don't mind more Byleth, or getting Lif. But I don't actively NEED those 2 right now. Byleth has really good fodder, and Lif would just be cool to have.

Option 2: Snipe blue on mythic banner,  would love to get Ephraim since hes one of my favorites. And I could potentially use another Lucina to patch up my current ones -attack. Could care less about Lukas

Option 3: Eldigan purely for collectors sake since hes one of my favorites from genealogy.

Edited by Faellin

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Currently in a weird spot for spending orbs I have 3 major options to go for, and I see merrit in all 3 but unsure which would be best. So i'm looking for opinions.

In terms of just getting the most for your orbs, I'd go for pulling red on the Mythic banner. Based on your assessment of each option, it has the highest chance of getting something that you can at the minimum make use of (~8% useful things compared to ~5.7% useful things pulling blue or ~5.3% useful things pulling for Eldigan).

However, if you have your sights set on really just getting that one thing from each, then pulling for Eldigan has the highest chance of success (~5.3% Eldigan compared to ~2.3% Eliwood or Ephraim).

1 minute ago, TheSilentChloey said:

What's the best A skill for Kjelle?  She's +Res -HP and I don't like the AR skills as a rule of thumb since I don't AR.  Any reasonable A skills to help her out?

The absolute best? Distant Counter.

If you want to go pure player phase with her default Bold Fighter, then go with Death Blow 4 or whatever gives the most Atk.

If you want to go dual phase without Distant Counter, then your best options are probably Close Def, Fortress Def/Res, or a Breath skill.

2 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

What's the best A skill for Kjelle?  She's +Res -HP and I don't like the AR skills as a rule of thumb since I don't AR.  Any reasonable A skills to help her out?

Budget or no budget? Best A skill in my opinion for melee armor units is Distant Counter if it does not already come with one. If you are on a budget, then I would just wait for Altena to drop by as she comes with Sturdy Stance.

Does anyone know the odds for pulling a specific blue focus unit on a 3-unit banner when color-sharing is involved, and how it differs with no color-sharing?  Specifically, the upcoming Ishtar & Reinhardt BHB banner (Ishtar, Reinhardt, Swordhardt).  I'm considering pouring a lot of orbs into it going for Ishtar merges, but I'm not sure it's worth the risk considering I already have the other blue focus at +10...  

6 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

Does anyone know the odds for pulling a specific blue focus unit on a 3-unit banner when color-sharing is involved, and how it differs with no color-sharing?  Specifically, the upcoming Ishtar & Reinhardt BHB banner (Ishtar, Reinhardt, Swordhardt).  I'm considering pouring a lot of orbs into it going for Ishtar merges, but I'm not sure it's worth the risk considering I already have the other blue focus at +10...  

When shared, it's a 3.66% chance (1 in 27.3) with no pity rate. When not shared, it's a 3.80% chance (1 in 26.3) with no pity rate.

Is Red-Hot Ducks (dagger with Vassal Blade's true damage effect) any good? If so, who is it good on? I got HS!Elise as my free Seasonal and I'd like to know how much of her I can salvage. I want to put Rally Up Atk+ in my stockpile of premium skills for when Brave Eirika gets added, but if the weapon is useful elsewhere I might give it and Rally Atk to them instead.

Thanks in advance!

33 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Is Red-Hot Ducks (dagger with Vassal Blade's true damage effect) any good? If so, who is it good on? I got HS!Elise as my free Seasonal and I'd like to know how much of her I can salvage. I want to put Rally Up Atk+ in my stockpile of premium skills for when Brave Eirika gets added, but if the weapon is useful elsewhere I might give it and Rally Atk to them instead.

Thanks in advance!

It is not bad, but I think Barb Shuriken might a bit more consistent. If you are just barely doubling your opponent with 5 Spd, you are dealing an extra 3 damage per hit for 6 damage total. In contrast with Barb Shuriken with Moonbow, you are dealing somewhere around 10+ damage.

Broadleaf Fan blows both out the water in my opinion though if you are looking for something more nukey.

Edited by XRay

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is not bad, but I think Barb Shuriken might a bit more consistent. If you are just barely doubling your opponent with 5 Spd, you are dealing an extra 3 damage per hit for 6 damage total. In contrast with Barb Shuriken with Moonbow, you are dealing somewhere around 10+ damage.

Broadleaf Fan blows both out the water in my opinion though if you are looking for something more nukey.

Thanks! I'll just use her as Rally Atk fodder then 🙂

27 minutes ago, Rinco said:

So... Who would want to inherit DD4? I guess units with DC built in the weapon. Would it be useful for L!Tiki?

Your guess is correct.

If you have one, I'd prioritize green and colorless tanks ahead of Legendary Tiki, but if you don't (and don't plan on having one anytime soon), Tiki is a decent choice.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Your guess is correct.

If you have one, I'd prioritize green and colorless tanks ahead of Legendary Tiki, but if you don't (and don't plan on having one anytime soon), Tiki is a decent choice.

I don't think I have a green unit with DC weapon (well, I have M!Grima, but he's +0 and I don't have any plans to get him higher than that.) My L!Tiki is at +5 and, since she's usually coming back on Legendary banners and once in a while she's also a bonus unit in arena, that can work well.
I got 2 spare Lion Kings on this banner, but I don't think it's wise to merge him since he will be harder to get than L!Tiki. I also already have a colorless tank in W!Cecilia (and B!Ike for green)

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

When shared, it's a 3.66% chance (1 in 27.3) with no pity rate. When not shared, it's a 3.80% chance (1 in 26.3) with no pity rate.

Thanks.  A little better than I thought it would be, but I don't know.  The thought of building a high pity and having it broken by Reinhardt is...not something I want to envision.

I finally got more DC fodder. But I now I'm struggling to decide who should get it. Between a +def Keaton or +atk Forsyth who would benefit the most from it?

Or alternatively, would it be better to merge my already invested -spd/+res Nailah into this new +atk one or vice versa?

16 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I finally got more DC fodder. But I now I'm struggling to decide who should get it. Between a +def Keaton or +atk Forsyth who would benefit the most from it?

Or alternatively, would it be better to merge my already invested -spd/+res Nailah into this new +atk one or vice versa?

I would give it to whoever you use most to give you the most bang for your buck.

Personally, I lean towards Keaton since he fits my play style more. I am not a huge fan of armor units so I generally avoid using them. Nailah is not bad, but her stat distribution just does not really fit with her skill set in my opinion. You can turn her into a Spd tank and her run Null C-Disrupt, but a unit with a more well rounded stat distribution is honestly better for that role in my opinion. Her Spd is fine, but her Res is kind of low.

What is the best skill set for a +Speed Nowi if I want to turn her into a speed tank (I swear someone told me this before but with my memory as foggy as it is...I kind of goofed out).  She's going to be +1 since I'm not a fan of Loli units.

Also I pulled Fem!Byleth who's design is abhorrent to me and I'm planning on level 40 convo and feeding her fury 4 and Ruptured Sky to my +Atk 10+ Male Morgan, will he appreciate these skills to get into desperation range faster/potentially deal more damage with the special?

What is the best skill set for a +Speed Nowi if I want to turn her into a speed tank (I swear someone told me this before but with my memory as foggy as it is...I kind of goofed out).  She's going to be +1 since I'm not a fan of Loli units.

I recommend waiting for Darting Breath to come out, but if you absolutely need a Spd tank now, I would build something like the following:
+Spd
Lightning Breath [Spd]
Reposition — Swap
Bonfire
Darting Breath (not yet released) — Swift Stance (tier 4 not yet released) — Warding Breath — Steady Breath — Steady Posture
Lull Atk/Spd — Quick Riposte
(Any C) — Atk Smoke
Swift Stance — Quick Riposte

Basically, you want to stack her Spd as high as possible and try to balance out her Def/Res bulk.

9 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Also I pulled Fem!Byleth who's design is abhorrent to me and I'm planning on level 40 convo and feeding her fury 4 and Ruptured Sky to my +Atk 10+ Male Morgan, will he appreciate these skills to get into desperation range faster/potentially deal more damage with the special?

Absolutely. Fury and Ruptured Sky are both great.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

I recommend waiting for Darting Breath to come out, but if you absolutely need a Spd tank now, I would build something like the following:
+Spd
Lightning Breath [Spd]
Reposition — Swap
Bonfire
Darting Breath (not yet released) — Swift Stance (tier 4 not yet released) — Warding Breath — Steady Breath — Steady Posture
Lull Atk/Spd — Quick Riposte
(Any C) — Atk Smoke
Swift Stance — Quick Riposte

Basically, you want to stack her Spd as high as possible and try to balance out her Def/Res bulk.

Absolutely. Fury and Ruptured Sky are both great.

Thanks.  I don't have any of those A skills as fodder so is there a budget option Nowi will appreciate until I can get lucky enough to get them?

Just now, TheSilentChloey said:

Thanks.  I don't have any of those A skills as fodder so is there a budget option Nowi will appreciate until I can get lucky enough to get them?

Steady Posture is available from 4* Reyson and Thea.

F
U
R
Y

XD

26 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would give it to whoever you use most to give you the most bang for your buck.

Personally, I lean towards Keaton since he fits my play style more. I am not a huge fan of armor units so I generally avoid using them. Nailah is not bad, but her stat distribution just does not really fit with her skill set in my opinion. You can turn her into a Spd tank and her run Null C-Disrupt, but a unit with a more well rounded stat distribution is honestly better for that role in my opinion. Her Spd is fine, but her Res is kind of low.

Well all three see about equal use (Forsyth is the least used but only due to being relatively new compared to the rest) but I think I'll just go and ahead merge Nailah into the +atk version just on the basis that I haven't really found myself in situations were I'm going "argh, if only Keaton had DC I'd be able to clear this map" and I have Brave Hector so it's not like I need a Forsyth to have DC this instant I guess.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, Nym said:

F
U
R
Y

XD

Fury is nice, but the recoil damage is kind of a pain to manage, since you need to constantly need to heal her back up. It is doable, but I am not sure the hassle is worth it.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Fury is nice, but the recoil damage is kind of a pain to manage, since you need to constantly need to heal her back up. It is doable, but I am not sure the hassle is worth it.

Don't worry, I know that. I am mostly kidding.

3 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

You idiot.  Nowi needs TO TANK she needs full HP you dolt XD

I know XD