"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

7 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

I recently summoned a Nailah for Null C but I'm not sure what heroes would be good for it. I have B!Ike and Lancina, so the former seems a popular choice for it, but I'd feel a little dirty using it because I so despise seeing it when it's used against me. So who else is a good user? I have a +10 Lyon(with Close Counter)/Fae/Nowi/Tiki available, although I have enough feathers to +10 any low rarity unit I have enough copies of. Any thoughts?

The only other units I can think of are Kronya and maybe Phina.

Kronya's main appeal is that she can do Counter-Vantage against Firesweep units, but she does require a full team to support her though. The team ideally wants two A Monstrous Harvest Hectors; you might be able to get by with just one, but it is going to be far less consistent. I also recommend running dual Altinas for the Atk boost, but if you just have one Atlina and one Naga, that should be fine too since Naga does provide dragon effectiveness that helps with taking out super bulky dragons. Even with the right set up and all that, the team is kind of a hit or miss depending on the defense team.

Phina can Counter-Vantage against Firesweep cavalry, while useful, might be a bit too niche since Firesweep cavalry often overlap their range with other enemy units, so while Phina can kill the cavalry unit, she might not be able to kill the other units.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Etheus said:

+ Atk or + Spd for a double Wrath Barst?

Leaning towards attack for the burst.

+Atk. If you are running double Wrath, he is not going to be running Desperation to take advantage of +Spd. I would just go all out Atk on him.

+Atk (36 Atk + 30 Def)
Devil Axe [special] (16+4 Atk + 4 Def)
Reposition
Bonfire
Sturdy Impact (6 Atk + 10 Def) — Brazen Atk/Def 3 (7 Atk + 7 Def)
Wrath
Time's Pulse
Brazen Atk/Def (7 Atk + 7 Def)

Sturdy Impact on A means Barst has 69 Atk.
Brazen Atk/Def 3 on A means 70 Atk.
Sturdy Impact on A means 51 Def, so 25 Bonfire damage.
Brazen Atk/Def 3 on A means 48 Def, so 24 Bonfire damage.
With Wrath damage, that would be a total of 114 Atk (94+20).

I think even if we factor in +10+10, I think the damage output should be the same between the two.
Sturdy Impact on A means Barst has 75 Atk.
Brazen Atk/Def 3 on A means 76 Atk.
Sturdy Impact on A means 57 Def, so 28 Bonfire damage.
Brazen Atk/Def 3 on A means 54 Def, so 27 Bonfire damage.
With Wrath damage, that would be a total of 123 Atk (103+20).

I recommend Brazen Atk/Def in this case, since when Brazen Atk/Def 4 comes out, it should outperform Sturdy Impact.

Ignore the following. Had a brain fart with Draconic Aura.

+Atk (36 Atk)
Devil Axe [special] (16+4 Atk)
Reposition
Draconic Aura
Brazen Atk/Spd (9 Atk)
Wrath
Time's Pulse
Brazen Atk/Spd (7 Atk)

That is a total of 72 Atk; Draconic Aura adds 21 Atk, not 36 Atk; and double Wrath adds 20; that totals to 113 Atk.

At +10+10, that totals 121 Atk, not 134 Atk.

Edited by XRay

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

No mercy to those who oppose you.

Brave Ike is easily one of the best units to use Null C-Disrupt on because he has an excuse to completely pass up on Quick Riposte, either running Aether with Geirskogul support or Bonfire without.

Otherwise, it depends on what enemies you tend to see that run Dazzling Staff or Sweep skills. I'd personally lean towards units running Triangle Adept + Litrraven to completely shut down staff and Firesweep Bow users. Litrwolf users are also an option as they hit a bit harder against Veronica and Lyn, but aren't as bulky and are less effective against Camilla.

It's usually healer units with the occasional Firesweep Lyn. Do you suppose Lyon would be a good fit? He's red, so he won't fair well if Ophelia gets danced to him but he has CC, a prf Raven tome and my summoner support. Maybe a Gronraven user? I suppose I could build Nino for that.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

The only other units I can think of are Kronya and maybe Phina.

Kronya's main appeal is that she can do Counter-Vantage against Firesweep units, but she does require a full team to support her though. The team ideally wants two A Monstrous Harvest Hectors; you might be able to get by with just one, but it is going to be far less consistent. I also recommend running dual Altinas for the Atk boost, but if you just have one Atlina and one Naga, that should be fine too since Naga does provide dragon effectiveness that helps with taking out super bulky dragons. Even with the right set up and all that, the team is kind of a hit or miss depending on the defense team.

Phina can Counter-Vantage against Firesweep cavalry, while useful, might be a bit too niche since Firesweep cavalry often overlap their range with other enemy units, so while Phina can kill the cavalry unit, she might not be able to kill the other units.

I don't want to spend all my Grails on Kronya and don't have CC for her anyway. I do have Phina, but like you said, she might not cut it vs non cavalry units.

----

New question

For FEH pass owners, would one be able to subscribe and get 3 Resplendent Heroes + 3 quest rotations if they canceled their subscription before the month was up?

4 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

For FEH pass owners, would one be able to subscribe and get 3 Resplendent Heroes + 3 quest rotations if they canceled their subscription before the month was up?

No one is sure yet. It has not even been a week I think.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

Huh, just saw this on Reddit. Presumably it applies to the 3rd rotation of quests as well.

Nice! Now we know!

57 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is a total of 72 Atk; Draconic Aura adds 36; and double Wrath adds 20; that totals to 128 Atk.

Draconic Aura is a 30% multiplier, not a 50% multiplier, and is therefore trash at only 21 damage.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Draconic Aura is a 30% multiplier, not a 50% multiplier, and is therefore trash at only 21 damage.

Woops! Brain fart. I guess I will go back and fix it.

So another boon/bane question from me:

Valentine Faye. Which would go with?

Neutral or +RES.
Neutral has the advantage that merging would give a point of attack and every point tends to matter; the number of times my Jakob has needed just another point or so is quite high. On the other Hand +RES is a superboon AND 42 would make her quite solid at ploying and boost special damage. But perhaps the best part for me is that I have lost Jakob a number of times because he is just too squishy and can't always be moved out of the way of mages or staffs after nuking someone. When running full armors against Abyssal content having to tank hits even with your offense units isn't uncommon. 10 more res would definitely have changed those situations. There is certainly an argument for a res boon. Build flexibility may not seem huge, but even Jakob has been switched up a couple times for some content. And 42 Res would certainly open some doors for her that Jakob just can't open. Plus she would still have more attack than the poor guy.

I am currently leaning towards keeping the neutral as the base. Since she'll likely replace Jakob that means much of the time she will be running a Bold Brave set. And that extra point in attack is just too tempting. But lets see if anyone can/wants to change my mind.

3 hours ago, Usana said:

I am currently leaning towards keeping the neutral as the base. Since she'll likely replace Jakob that means much of the time she will be running a Bold Brave set. And that extra point in attack is just too tempting. But lets see if anyone can/wants to change my mind.

Assuming you're going to be stuck at 1 merge, neutral is better for a player-phase build.

For a dual-phase build, you can go either way. Neutral gives +2 HP, +1 Atk, and +2 Res whereas +Res gives +1 HP and +5 Res, which are pretty even with each other.

For super tanking in Aether Raids, go with +Res.

I have a question about registering the Feh Pass. I was thinking of buying the $10 Google Play Store Card and use it to register around 2/23 to get all the Feh Pass Quest items that I managed to earned and Feh Pass Lyn summoned. If I use the Google PlayStore Card, will that money in the Google Play Store get transfered to the Feh Pass in Fire Emblem Heroes, correct?

Edited by King Marth 64

4 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I have a question about registering the Feh Pass. I was thinking of buying the $10 Google Play Store Card and use it to register around 2/23 to get all the Feh Pass Quest items that I managed to earned and Feh Pass Lyn summoned. If I use the Google PlayStore Card, will that money in the Google Play Store get transfered to the Feh Pass in Fire Emblem Heroes, correct?

To purchase a Feh Pass, you need to have funds in your Google account or link your Google account to a card. Purchasing Feh Pass is the same as purchasing Orbs, as Google's payment stuff will pop up, and then you can purchase Feh Pass with whatever payment option you want.

Is there a way to view Lyn's old art and dialogue again after getting her resplendent outfit?

Since I only had a -atk/+spd Lyn, I figured it would be worth it to get an extra for a merge to fix that stat. But not at the cost of forever losing such beautiful art/dialogue! lol

She actually has the stats to be somewhat useful again now, but still has the worst refinements around. It feels like they need to either give her yet another refinement, or even a whole new weapon for her to really compete with any of the newer sword units.

5 minutes ago, Namero said:

Is there a way to view Lyn's old art and dialogue again after getting her resplendent outfit?

Since I only had a -atk/+spd Lyn, I figured it would be worth it to get an extra for a merge to fix that stat. But not at the cost of forever losing such beautiful art/dialogue! lol

She actually has the stats to be somewhat useful again now, but still has the worst refinements around. It feels like they need to either give her yet another refinement, or even a whole new weapon for her to really compete with any of the newer sword units.

Allies Menu → Interact with Allies → whatever the last option is in English.

17 minutes ago, Namero said:

Her Weapon is not crazy good like Laevatein, but it does need an improvement in my opinion since it is perfectly fine as is. Most Player Phase units are stuck with running Desperation, but Lyn is not. Sol Katti also gives Lyn guaranteed follow-up, essentially infinite Spd, against any unit who can counter against her, and her Spd and Weapon combo allows her to break Wary Fighter and Swordbreaker.

Assuming a standard Desperation build, her offensive stat distribution is on par with the best gen III infantry sword units. The only units she is really losing out to are gen IV sword infantry with a hyper offensive statline, like Mareeta, Larcei, and Shannon; against other gen IV sword infantry like Eyvel and Líf, she either matches or surpasses them.

If you want to use her for supertanking purposes, having a higher stat total matters more than stat distribution (as long as the stat distribution is not complete shit). Lyn got 157 BST, Resplendent Stats gives 10 BST, and extra Flowers give another 5 BST; that totals 172 BST, which is the same as gen IV sword infantry. Mareeta, Larcei, and Shannon all got 172 BST.

2 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Who should be on a team with Líf?  I have this Líf:

Reveal hidden contents

deathfonse_by_thesilentchloey_ddq9802-fu

I've been using him in the TT with double healers and male Grima, but I'm sure he's got a better team comp than that.

Depends on what you are using him for.

He is a good support unit for Player Phase teams to drop his teammates' HP.

If you want to use him as a combat unit though, assuming he sticks with his Enemy Phase build, he does not work well with other Enemy Phase units due to how his Weapon works, so he only works as a super tank.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Depends on what you are using him for.

He is a good support unit for Player Phase teams to drop his teammates' HP.

If you want to use him as a combat unit though, assuming he sticks with his Enemy Phase build, he does not work well with other Enemy Phase units due to how his Weapon works, so he only works as a super tank.

So essentially he'd tank hits (as an example) and get my nuke into easy desperation range and then the nuke is free to nuke all player phase?

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So essentially he'd tank hits (as an example) and get my nuke into easy desperation range and then the nuke is free to nuke all player phase?

Yeah, essentially. He is basically a Bolt Trap under your control.

3 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

So how long has Perceval been in the game? I feel like I missed something, I don’t remember seeing him get added.

Reveal hidden contents

D7AEBC05-0E0D-485C-AB37-E1C55B4DD0ED.thumb.png.224a93382ab6f3ca7923b7da21d6f3a2.png

Reveal hidden contents

8AA0BB9F-DEF2-4D29-891E-B34B65E43AFF.thumb.png.8528bb15c0fdc89d16a4b46dcb3ffac5.png

Since the 19th of November.

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/New_Heroes:_Guardians_of_Peace

2 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Would an active Scallop Blade outweigh the benefits of a Barb Shuriken or Lethal Carrot? I can easily activate it's effect with chillbot Priscilla or Oscar who can target highest def, attack, and spd.

Slaying effect is essentially an Atk boost. If we assume the average enemy Def is 40, that means you add 12 points of damage per round of combat, or basically Atk+6.

Lethal Carrot is not great in my opinion since you would not get +10 damage during each round of combat. Even if you can get it to happen during every round of combat with Heavy Blade or Flashing Blade, you have only achieved just Atk+5, and that already used up two of your skill slots.

For Scallop Blade, IF you can get it to activate consistently, then it is better than Barb Shuriken in my opinion. However, getting it to activate consistently can be an issue depending on the map. Chills do not work well against large groups of enemies (the enemies Chills target may be far away, so it is essentially a waste), and Sabotages do not work well against small groups of enemies (less likely to bunch up), so just be aware of the limitations of your debuffs when you use them.

40 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

New question, any recommendations on a Special for LEliwood?

Unless there is reason you would want to run something else, Moonbow should be the default Special for Player Phase units. It is cheap and it scales well in damage against tanks.