"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm looking to build up my +Atk Lissa for a Chrom(regular)/F!Robin core team so what skills would Lissa like to have, knowing she'll eventually be 10+ and has both refines for Gravity +

I recommend giving her Pain as well, so she can deal a lot of splash damage for Arena Assault to quickly wear down bulky armor units.

For Assists, I recommend Physic and Restore. Restore should be the default Assist in my opinion since it gets rid of debuffs in addition to healing, so it is pretty useful. Physic provides long distance healing, which can be useful on certain maps.

Miracle and Imbue are the go to Specials for me. Heavenly Light is fine as long as you are not using units dependent on Desperation, Vantage, or other skills with HP maximum thresholds. Balms are fine for a Player Phase teams, but it can be a hit or miss for Enemy Phase teams depending on the enemy team composition since Enemy Phase teams cannot get rid of Panic as easily once it gets applied.

You can giver her Fort. Def/Res if you want her to draw Chills or to just be tanky. Atk/Spd Push is also an option when paired with Pain against bulky units.

For her B slot, if she is in a pure support role, she can run Chills or Sabotages. If you want to use her offensively, then she will need either Dazzling Staff or Wrathful Staff. 

If you use her for auto battling a lot, you may also want to consider Absorb, Martyr, and Live to Serve to keep her own HP topped up.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I recommend giving her Pain as well, so she can deal a lot of splash damage for Arena Assault to quickly wear down bulky armor units.

For Assists, I recommend Physic and Restore. Restore should be the default Assist in my opinion since it gets rid of debuffs in addition to healing, so it is pretty useful. Physic provides long distance healing, which can be useful on certain maps.

Miracle and Imbue are the go to Specials for me. Heavenly Light is fine as long as you are not using units dependent on Desperation, Vantage, or other skills with HP maximum thresholds. Balms are fine for a Player Phase teams, but it can be a hit or miss for Enemy Phase teams depending on the enemy team composition since Enemy Phase teams cannot get rid of Panic as easily once it gets applied.

You can giver her Fort. Def/Res if you want her to draw Chills or to just be tanky. Atk/Spd Push is also an option when paired with Pain against bulky units.

For her B slot, if she is in a pure support role, she can run Chills or Sabotages. If you want to use her offensively, then she will need either Dazzling Staff or Wrathful Staff. 

If you use her for auto battling a lot, you may also want to consider Absorb, Martyr, and Live to Serve to keep her own HP topped up.

I think I'd need 20k feathers for pain...also I am not a fan of miracle.  I know some people use it but it's always been an underwhelming special I've felt.

I'm thinking she's more player phase and repo'd out of the danger zone, plus she's also got Chrom who's panic ploying everything in range (I really wish I could give him sudden panic but my female Corrin is ideal IVs, so I can't).  Female Robin has her Tactical Gale/Keen Gronnwolf (I feel it's wrong some how) tome.  She doesn't have need of desperation but I haven't built her up yet, though she's been my go to greentome infantry mage for a while now.

As for whoever else is on the team, I am not sure, since Chrom and Robin are the core two.  I could possibly go Lon'qu since he's Lissa's S Support partner (I'm horribly attached to that ship...) and might make them their own team with Owain (maybe even Odin for colour coverage).

3 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I think I'd need 20k feathers for pain...also I am not a fan of miracle.  I know some people use it but it's always been an underwhelming special I've felt.

Depends on the team. If the staff unit is in a Player Phase team for example, I usually do not want my staff unit to heal, so there is really no point in running Imbue, Heavenly Light, or any of the Balms, so I stick with Miracle in case I fucked up and accidentaly left the staff unit in Enemy range. However, if I am using Summer Returns Laegjarn, Lewyn, Armored Boots armor unit, Aversa, Gunnthrá (if she is running her Chilling Seal), or anyone else that depends on having high HP, then I would run a Balm or Imbue since those Player Phase and support units do need to be topped up to work.

4 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm thinking she's more player phase and repo'd out of the danger zone

If you can afford it, then I will probably do Atk/Spd Push and either Wrathful Staff or Dazzling Staff on the B slot. Since she seems like she would be on an Enemy Phase team and heal others often, I would also run Martyr so she can heal herself to keep Atk/Spd Push up.

I summoned a +Spd, -Def Myrrh from Tana & Amelia's BHB revival and was wondering if +Spd Myrrh was still a thing. The idea of it was that since Myrrh can negate follow-ups by having higher defense that if she's also fast enough, she also use that to naturally prevent follow-ups or even double slower units. Problem is that we now have Null Follow-Up and Daring Fighter for armors and both the speed ceiling and the amount of units with high speed has grown. With the latter, Myrrh being a flier means she can still take advantage of Goad Fliers stacking. That said, for a +0 Myrrh, she's going to have to work with 25 base neutral speed which can become 29 base if she's +Spd. In my case, I had summoned two of her prior and merged them both, so she's +1 with the base being +Def.

Also, +Spd CYL Ephraim is probably not that great over +Atk or +Def, right? 30 base speed doesn't seem appealing over 41 base attack or 40 base defense and considering he has Garm which grants him a follow-up if he has a buff or was buffed by Armor March/Armored Boots.

Edited by Kaden

On 2/13/2020 at 8:41 AM, Kaden said:

I summoned a +Spd, -Def Myrrh from Tana & Amelia's BHB revival and was wondering if +Spd Myrrh was still a thing. The idea of it was that since Myrrh can negate follow-ups by having higher defense that if she's also fast enough, she also use that to naturally prevent follow-ups or even double slower units. Problem is that we now have Null Follow-Up and Daring Fighter for armors and both the speed ceiling and the amount of units with high speed has grown. With the latter, Myrrh being a flier means she can still take advantage of Goad Fliers stacking. That said, for a +0 Myrrh, she's going to have to work with 25 base neutral speed which can become 29 base if she's +Spd. In my case, I had summoned two of her prior and merged them both, so she's +1 with the base being +Def.

I personally still lean towards +Def. A lot of Player Phase units and dual phase units have high Def these days and some of them have guaranteed follow-up. Against units with guaranteed follow-up, a lot of them have middling or slow Spd, so Myrrh should just try to win the Def check. While Null C-Disrupt is a thing, those are often on extremely high Spd units, so unless you are turning Myrrh in to a super tank, she does not really have a chance against them in most cases.

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

Can someone explain to me how Fiora's new B skill works? As I don't understand yet. Also can a unit with 28 Res use it or it needs Fiora's 40 to function? What are some good users of it generally? 

It does a Spd check first. Once she passes the Spd check, the enemy gets an in-combat debuff based on the Res check.

In more plain language, as long as the enemy does not have 8 or more Spd than Fiora, the skill will activate if Fiora also has a higher Res. The strength of the skill will depend on the Res check; the enemy will get a debuff that is equal to half the difference between Fiora's Res and the enemy's Res.

The best users should have high Spd and high Res. In terms of builds, probably Spd tanks, Galeforcers, and other Player Phase units that do not need Desperation on their B slot. Might also be decent on Est since armors are not that fast to begin with. For modes, I think it would probably be most useful in Aether Raids defense and Røkkr Sieges, and if you are trying to do 1 turn Galeforce strategies. I would think of the skill as an equivalent of Lull Atk/Def, but for fliers and harder to activate.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

It does a Spd check first. Once she passes the Spd check, the enemy gets an in-combat debuff based on the Res check.

In more plain language, as long as the enemy does not have 8 or more Spd than Fiora, the skill will activate if Fiora also has a higher Res. The strength of the skill will depend on the Res check; the enemy will get a debuff that is equal to half the difference between Fiora's Res and the enemy's Res.

The best users should have high Spd and high Res. In terms of builds, probably Spd tanks, Galeforcers, and other Player Phase units that do not need Desperation on their B slot. Might also be decent on Est since armors are not that fast to begin with. For modes, I think it would probably be most useful in Aether Raids defense and Røkkr Sieges, and if you are trying to do 1 turn Galeforce strategies. I would think of the skill as an equivalent of Lull Atk/Def, but for fliers and harder to activate.

Thanks for the clarification it was really helpful. It looks like a good B slot for those units. The Spd check is really generous and as far as the Res goes, with some support it will be good to go. By the looks of it I am going to be giving it to Ingrid when she arrives. As she does seem the typical high Spd high Res pegasus knight. 

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

Pretty basic question here but it's been so long since I've done an ally support between units. What's the fastest, most efficient way to get to S Support?

Chain Challenge chapters 1&2 on Hard is my go to for grinding any kind of supports.

------------------------

Opinions on how to build Heath? I've got 2 specific builds in mind that I have all the fodder for already but can't decide which one to go for

Spoiler

6HTA8Fg.png

The first is a pretty basic duelist set. LD4 greatly increases his offense while still maintaining respectable bulk to take a hit and with Atk/Spd 2 to be able to maintain his offense at all times.

Alternatively I could go all out on just player phase and give him Swift Sparrow 3 and 2 on his A and S slots with a firesweep lance but there's so many other lance fliers that can do that better that it sounds like waste.

bBbbM0j.png

Here's the second set which goes the complete opposite direction and makes him an EP unit. The bad thing about EP fliers is that I feel that they don't have access to much with stuff like lull skills and null c disrupt being inaccessible. I'm not averse to sacrificing my Eir for Mystic Boost either if someone can convince me of using that over QR3.

The merges and flowers are there so I could compare him to my Florina and just as I expected, they are almost identical but with their def and res swapped.

Spoiler

kY8yWOC.jpg

Heath has more attack but Florina also has access to her special refine when needed so she makes it up with her better bulk against close ranged units and effectiveness on armors.

Anyway, it's costly and I already have someone who can do a similar job to him but it's good and effective so having a second Florina I can rely on isn't exactly a bad thing.

So yeah, thoughts on which one I should aim for and any alterations I should make on a buid?

@NegativeExponents- I'm partial to the EP phase builds for Heath. Probably just because units like Shanna just outclass him in the fields of Offense that he'd likely operate in. But overall his bulk is nice and he's got a degree of mixed phase potential.

Between your choices though, definitely EP. The Guard Lance in particular looks immensely fun. Thing about swapping out QR though is that the speed ceiling is getting incredibly high and he won't be doubling much. As an EP unit also he'll be attacking less too so without QR I don't see him using his special all that much if you run Aether.

All of a sudden I have an extreme urge to run a vampire build with Sol, Mystic Boost and Christmas Zephiel's Sword. God why couldn't they have made seasonal demotes before the Christmas banner?! Zephiel was the clear demote there... I wanted his healing sword so bad...

Edited by Zeo

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Probably just because units like Shanna just outclass him in the fields of Offense that he'd likely operate in.

Just compared him, + atk Shanna, and Cormag all at +1 using the exact same build except for Shanna who uses her prf and with special refinement and

Heath: 47/59/45/30/22

Shanna: 43/59/44/20/24

Cormag: 49/60/44/31/18

That's a lot closer to Shanna than I though they would be so if Shanna our base for what a decent offensive lance flier should be than he's not too far behind. I mean Shanna still wins out because of the extra wo dao effect in her prf and she could opt for +spd instead which might be a better option than +atk for securing more follow ups but still not too terribly behind of all things considered.

But yeah I see your point and I'm inclined to agree that going for the EP build is the better choice.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Thing about swapping out QR though is that the speed ceiling is getting incredibly high and he won't be doubling much. As an EP unit also he'll be attacking less too so without QR I don't see him using his special all that much if you run Aether.

See, with Mystic Boost offering a source of healing already I could opt out for other specials besides Aether. Maybe something like Moonbow, Glimmer, Bonfire, or even Noontime for more healing, etc. and I could place QR3 on his S slot instead to secure doubles or maybe one of the spd bonds instead if spd stacking is a viable option. If you don't think that's a good idea then yeah I guess I won't do it.

I'm hoping on some second opinions before deciding so I guess I should tag to get some @Ice Dragon @XRay @mampfoid @mcsilas

4 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

The first is a pretty basic duelist set. LD4 greatly increases his offense while still maintaining respectable bulk to take a hit and with Atk/Spd 2 to be able to maintain his offense at all times.

Alternatively I could go all out on just player phase and give him Swift Sparrow 3 and 2 on his A and S slots with a firesweep lance but there's so many other lance fliers that can do that better that it sounds like waste.

In this particular case, I lean towards Life and Death. Life and Death gives Atk/Spd+7, while Swift Sparrow only gives Atk+6 and Spd+7. Life and Death also reduces Heath's bulk, which is good in this case to help him drop into Desperation range more easily.

46 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

See, with Mystic Boost offering a source of healing already I could opt out for other specials besides Aether. Maybe something like Moonbow, Glimmer, Bonfire, or even Noontime for more healing, etc. and I could place QR3 on his S slot instead to secure doubles or maybe one of the spd bonds instead if spd stacking is a viable option. If you don't think that's a good idea then yeah I guess I won't do it.

Personally, for most Enemy Phase builds, I prioritize damage reduction first (stacking Def/Res to directly mitigate damage, stacking Spd to prevent doubles, Guard, Lulls, etc.), damage output second, and healing/sustainability very last.

In my opinion, healing should be the last resort and should be offloaded to a support unit because healing skills on combat units just is not strong enough in most cases. For healing to work on a combat unit, I think a unit needs Aether-Slaying Weapon-Quick Riposte along with some way to increase Special cooldown charge per attack (A slot Breath, Special Fighter, BH!Lucina, etc.).

If you want to go Mystic Boost, I think that skill is better in PvE where enemy nukes are much less powerful and less obnoxious than in PvP. In PvE, you can stack Def/Res as high as you want without worrying about stuff like Alm: Saint King and Celica: Queen of Valentia ruining your day. Blazing nukes and Panic are still there, but it is much less prominent than in PvP, so as long as you are stacking Def/Res, I would not really worry too much if it is a bonus buff or in combat buff.

I personally would not recommend Renewal on an Enemy Phase unit since you can just bring a healer along in that case. Eir, Herons, staff users, etc. are all better options than Renewal in my opinion. Renewal is just too slow.

46 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

But yeah I see your point and I'm inclined to agree that going for the EP build is the better choice.

It boils down to what you need more of in my opinion. With how balanced Heath's stats are, you can go either way, or just give him both sets if he is one of your favorite characters. For me, if I had the resources to spare, I would give him both sets; I would have Enemy Phase be the default since I already have a shit ton lance fliers for Player Phase, so if I am scrolling through my Barracks for Arena Assault, I want a little more diversity in my lance fliers.

Edited by XRay

@NegativeExponents- i kind of like Enemy Phase, but that's my playstyle. I am having similar indecisions building Cormag but I guess for Heath, taking advantage of the extra Spd (and Res I guess for wyverns) seem to be the way to go.

I was thinking maybe a Brazen, Barrier Lance build or something, but Guard Lance seems neat, too.

Don't think Firesweep Lance suits Heath, but do you have Lofty Blossoms? For mixed phase, I have a silly idea of going Life and Death but using Close Def as a seal to make up for the defense loss.

But I think I like the Guard Lance set better. I like that we are getting more physically defensive fliers (even if the stat spread could be a bit better allocated)

or go offensive Spd-based Guard Lance set

Edited by mcsilas

1 hour ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I'm hoping on some second opinions before deciding so I guess I should tag to get some @Ice Dragon @XRay @mampfoid @mcsilas

I somehow missed the start of the discussion. What build for Heath are we considering? 

I can totally relate to the free lance flier problem. Once I gave Valter a Galeforce set, not for competition but for fun. It's still hard to see how much better new units are, or even old units with refined prfs. 

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Personally, for most Enemy Phase builds, I prioritize damage reduction first (stacking Def/Res to directly mitigate damage, stacking Spd to prevent doubles, Guard, Lulls, etc.), damage output second, and healing/sustainability very last.

I see. Yeah that makes sense. Especially since I almost always use a healer when doing AR anyway so you're right. No need to prioritize that.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

It boils down to what you need more of in my opinion. With how balanced Heath's stats are, you can go either way, or just give him both sets if he is one of your favorite characters. For me, if I had the resources to spare, I would give him both sets; I would have Enemy Phase be the default since I already have a shit ton lance fliers for Player Phase, so if I am scrolling through my Barracks for Arena Assault, I want a little more diversity in my lance fliers.

It's true. I like Heath a lot and is a character that competes for favorite flier in the series but I do also like other characters and wish to invest in them too which is why I didn't just give him both despite being very tempted to.

I think instead of both I'll just split it and give Heath the tank set since he does it well and give Cormag the offensive set since he runs it as effectively anyway unlike the tank set where he doesn't. He already comes with Slaying lance+ so I save some feathers there xP

59 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Don't think Firesweep Lance suits Heath, but do you have Lofty Blossoms? For mixed phase, I have a silly idea of going Life and Death but using Close Def as a seal to make up for the defense loss.

I wish. Lofty Blossoms was also the first thing I thought of when I wanted a player phase build. LD with Close Def does sound silly but I've seen stranger things working in tandem so that might not be too bad.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

I was thinking maybe a Brazen, Barrier Lance build or something, but Guard Lance seems neat, too.

Prefer the permanent guard effect tbh but I don't have any barrier on vanguard lances at the moment even if wanted to use them. Oh wait Kjelle has one but I much rather use her for bold fighter.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

or go offensive Spd-based Guard Lance set

lol you joke about it but if there's anything that special fighter users taught me it's that guard on a player phase unit can actually be annoying to deal with.

31 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I somehow missed the start of the discussion. What build for Heath are we considering? 

I can totally relate to the free lance flier problem. Once I gave Valter a Galeforce set, not for competition but for fun. It's still hard to see how much better new units are, or even old units with refined prfs. 

It was this post where the discussion started

5 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Chain Challenge chapters 1&2 on Hard is my go to for grinding any kind of supports.

------------------------

Opinions on how to build Heath? I've got 2 specific builds in mind that I have all the fodder for already but can't decide which one to go for

Reveal hidden contents

6HTA8Fg.png

bBbbM0j.png

Here's the second set which goes the complete opposite direction and makes him an EP unit. The bad thing about EP fliers is that I feel that they don't have access to much with stuff like lull skills and null c disrupt being inaccessible. I'm not averse to sacrificing my Eir for Mystic Boost either if someone can convince me of using that over QR3.

The merges and flowers are there so I could compare him to my Florina and just as I expected, they are almost identical but with their def and res swapped.

Reveal hidden contents

kY8yWOC.jpg

Heath has more attack but Florina also has access to her special refine when needed so she makes it up with her better bulk against close ranged units and effectiveness on armors.

Anyway, it's costly and I already have someone who can do a similar job to him but it's good and effective so having a second Florina I can rely on isn't exactly a bad thing.

So yeah, thoughts on which one I should aim for and any alterations I should make on a buid?

Ah but don't worry. I know how I want to handle things now.

Also, you built Valter? That's impressive. I don't think I've ever seen any being used anywhere.

Thanks everyone for helping me out~

4 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Ah but don't worry. I know how I want to handle things now.

I think the EP set sounds like a good idea. There so many good offensive lancers who would make him cry if he had to compete with them. 

5 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Also, you built Valter? That's impressive. I don't think I've ever seen any being used anywhere.

I've used him in one clear, which isn't much either: 

Spoiler

I like how he is different from many characters, but having a +10 Cordelia and a +9 Naesala doesn't help his case. 

8 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Thanks everyone for helping me out~

Have fun with your Heath! 

@NegativeExponents- Hmm...Guard Lance + Heavy Blade maybe? As a sort of Special Fighter? Or Guard Lance + Brazens just to add even more stats when under the threshold, since he has a solid balanced statline. The Guard will at least protect him from burst specials.

No access to more Conrads for Barrier Lance? Or Berkut?

As for LAD and Close Def, the other option could be Life and Death plus Atk Smoke if you want more damage reduction that works on both ranges. It would at least benefit himself compared to a Drive.

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

For mixed phase, I have a silly idea of going Life and Death but using Close Def as a seal to make up for the defense loss.

@NegativeExponents- Atk/Spd Solo would be more appropriate in that case over Life and Death in my opinion. You are losing out on 1 point in each Atk/Spd, but it also works on both phases and it preserves bulk, and Drive/Goad/Ward buffs can still reach him.

11 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Hmm...Guard Lance + Heavy Blade maybe? As a sort of Special Fighter?

I personally would not recommend Heavy Blade Sacred Seal since Heath already has his A slot as Distant Counter, so that means Heath has no Atk boosting skill, so Heavy Blade is not reliable to activate if it can even activate at all. Heavy Blade on the A slot might be okay, but Sacred Seals do not boost Atk as much as premium A skills would.

26 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Or Guard Lance + Brazens just to add even more stats when under the threshold, since he has a solid balanced statline.

If time and resource are not an issue, I would just run Mirror Stance 4 or wait for Sturdy Stance 4 since that would be a lot more slot efficient, and it would work no matter what HP range Heath is in.

Brazens on an Enemy Phase unit is not worth it in my opinion since you are trading away 20% HP for the stat increase just to kick in, and the stat increase also is not that much higher compared to other options. Trading away 20% HP also leaves very little room for it to work with Quick Riposte.

Now that I visited this topic after longer absence I might as well ask something. Doing my AA yesterday was annoying, mainly because of all those +10 Duo Alms with DC + Repel /Null xy / Lull xy. 

What are your ~10 reliable Duo Alm counters? Preferably cheap to build. 

I used Flora yesterday and Dazzle healers. I might give Stahl a blessing + Axebreaker, also Palla (prf + Axebreaker) comes into my mind. I could use Rauðrblade+, but they need more setup and I don't know if they can one-shot him. His HP is low though. 

10 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I thought the same. You could definitely run Bonfire or a skill like that if you're running Mystic Boost as with the constant healing you don't necessarily need Aether. QR is flexible due to being a seal as you well know so don't count out using it if you think it would be a good idea. It takes a little imagination but it could definitely be fun.

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

What are your ~10 reliable Duo Alm counters? Preferably cheap to build. 

I used Flora yesterday and Dazzle healers. I might give Stahl a blessing + Axebreaker, also Palla (prf + Axebreaker) comes into my mind. I could use Rauðrblade+, but they need more setup and I don't know if they can one-shot him. His HP is low though. 

My best counter to almost everything is Firesweep archers, which I have a lot of, but that is really expensive though.

For Blade mages, I recommend cavalry Blade mages over infantry Blade mages since you can run a pair of them and they will provide each other Atk+18 and Spd+6.

While you can Bless your Triangle Adept-Breaker units and other hard counters, it feels a bit of waste of Blessings though since the unit is extremely specific and it is most likely just used in Arena Assault. We have accumulated a lot of Blessings now though, so I guess putting it on hard counters is not that big of a deal for veteran players.