"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

I got screwed over while trying to get a Chrom merge and got a minus Atk Legendary Lyn (who likely won't see use) and Phina (again also won't be used) so my question is who would want their skills and in order of the okay to most wanted who would benefit from the fodder?  (Because I'm going to start strictly investing in Lucy, and my high HM units/10+ units)

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I got screwed over while trying to get a Chrom merge and got a minus Atk Legendary Lyn (who likely won't see use) and Phina (again also won't be used) so my question is who would want their skills and in order of the okay to most wanted who would benefit from the fodder?  (Because I'm going to start strictly investing in Lucy, and my high HM units/10+ units)

Neither of them have skills worth giving out unless you really need Spd Tactic for some reason and don't have Grails to spare for New Year Eir.

35 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Lyn: Lady of the Wing got Spd Tactic. You can put that on Azura: Vallite Songstress if you have her, and it is a good side option to Atk Tactic. You can also just put it on any Dancer/Singer.

For Phina, she does not really have anything worth inheriting in my opinion. I guess Geyser Dance is nice, but most Dancers/Singers honestly rather just have Wings of Mercy instead. I still recommend keeping and training her though, since she can do Counter-Vantage in a limited capacity even when she is not specifically built for that role. And having multiple strategies and tactics as plan Bs and Cs for your Player Phase team is always nice. Phina is also one of only two units who can do Counter-Vantage against Firesweepers, the other being Kronya.

Spoiler

Support Phina:
+Atk
Rapier
Dance
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
(Any A) — Distant Counter
Wings of Mercy — Geyser Dance
Hone Atk — Hone Spd
Hone Atk — Hone Spd

Counter-Vantage Phina:
+Atk
Rapier
Dance
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Distant Counter
Null C-Disrupt — Special Spiral
Def Smoke
(Any Brazen Atk/Stat)

53 minutes ago, XRay said:

Lyn: Lady of the Wing got Spd Tactic. You can put that on Azura: Vallite Songstress if you have her, and it is a good side option to Atk Tactic. You can also just put it on any Dancer/Singer.

For Phina, she does not really have anything worth inheriting in my opinion. I guess Geyser Dance is nice, but most Dancers/Singers honestly rather just have Wings of Mercy instead. I still recommend keeping and training her though, since she can do Counter-Vantage in a limited capacity even when she is not specifically built for that role. And having multiple strategies and tactics as plan Bs and Cs for your Player Phase team is always nice. Phina is also one of only two units who can do Counter-Vantage against Firesweepers, the other being Kronya.

Reveal hidden contents

Support Phina:
+Atk
Rapier
Dance
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
(Any A) — Distant Counter
Wings of Mercy — Geyser Dance
Hone Atk — Hone Spd
Hone Atk — Hone Spd

Counter-Vantage Phina:
+Atk
Rapier
Dance
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Distant Counter
Null C-Disrupt — Special Spiral
Def Smoke
(Any Brazen Atk/Stat)

I'm not going to be using or summoning for another version of her.  Are her skills worth foddering or not?

2 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm not going to be using or summoning for another version of her.  Are her skills worth foddering or not?

As I have said, Lyn: Lady of the Wind does not have anything other than Spd Tactic worth inheriting. Phina does not have anything worth inheriting.

Just now, TheSilentChloey said:

Legendary Lyn has Spd Tactic. Phina has nothing useful to fodder. That's all.

Phina is a dancer with a sword effective against armor and cavalry and vantage. She will be useful in Arena Assault.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I have two options for Asset for Vslentine Conrad: Atk and Def. Both I'm sure have merits, but I also kinda want to be able to keep his default weapon intact at the same time.

Any ideas how I'd go about doing that?

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

I have two options for Asset for Vslentine Conrad: Atk and Def. Both I'm sure have merits, but I also kinda want to be able to keep his default weapon intact at the same time.

Any ideas how I'd go about doing that?

Hm... His default Weapon is extremely niche, and since he does not have Bold Fighter or some kind of guaranteed follow-up, he cannot really take advantage of those specific stat boosts very well compared to Tibarn or Ephraim or armor units.

His Atk is also kind of average, so while a Brave Sword can work if he goes +Atk, Ares is a better candidate if you want to go that route. Even Cain would be better too, and while his Atk is the same, he is much easier to merge and he already comes with the Weapon.

The only application I can think of is to put Lunge or Drag Back on his B slot and use him on a defense team to mess up supertank teams. Firesweep S is much better for this purpose though since the enemy usually cannot counterattack, although I guess it depends on the super tank the player uses. Firesweep S is pretty much better in most cases, but Melee Bouquet is better against super tanks with Null C-Disrupt. I lean towards +Def in this scenario to make sure he has a higher chance of survival no matter what B skill the supertank has.

If you are willing to get rid of his Weapon, he works really well as an Enemy Phase unit. Something cheap like Barrier Sword-Bonfire-Steady Stance-Quick Riposte should work fine for Arena Assault. I also lean towards +Def in this scenario, but +Atk can be okay too if he is not facing anything crazy like The Land's Bounty Dorcas or Nagi running Bold Fighter.

For a merged Winter Jaffar built to score well in Arena, what would be a good Special? I was thinking of getting the Owain manual for Blue Flame, but I'm not sure if he'd be able to use it well enough to be worthwhile. He'll want to be staying in Armor March range if possible, so that could help.

Aether seems like the main alternative, which is certainly a lot more accessible.

Edited by Othin

5 hours ago, Othin said:

For a merged Winter Jaffar built to score well in Arena, what would be a good Special? I was thinking of getting the Owain manual for Blue Flame, but I'm not sure if he'd be able to use it well enough to be worthwhile. He'll want to be staying in Armor March range if possible, so that could help.

Aether seems like the main alternative, which is certainly a lot more accessible.

Ruptured Sky. It charges like Moonbow but scores like Aether. Blue Flame is kind of crap now that we got Ruptured Sky.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Ruptured Sky. It charges like Moonbow but scores like Aether. Blue Flame is kind of crap now that we got Ruptured Sky.

Let me rephrase - what would be best for someone who doesn't have Ruptured Sky fodder available?

Just now, Othin said:

Let me rephrase - what would be best for someone who doesn't have Ruptured Sky fodder available?

I guess Blue Flame is okay if you run Barbed Shuriken or Vengeful Fighter to get it off in time, but I am not sure if you want to commit even more resources to that just to make Blue Flame worthwhile.

I would stick with Aether for now as a budget option since you can pass Wrath with Blue Flame to a melee unit.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I guess Blue Flame is okay if you run Barbed Shuriken or Vengeful Fighter to get it off in time, but I am not sure if you want to commit even more resources to that just to make Blue Flame worthwhile.

I would stick with Aether for now as a budget option since you can pass Wrath with Blue Flame to a melee unit.

I do plan on giving him Barb Shuriken and a Fighter skill at some point, but I forgot about Wrath being melee only. That sure makes it sound like saving the Owain manual is the best option, since I'm unlikely to get another in the foreseeable future. Maybe it can go to Fae, or Bantu if I ever build him. 

Does attack / speed link work with legendary Lucina's future vision? Got a summer lyn off the seasonal banner and was thinking of giving that plus sturdy impact to legendary Lucina. But I need to know if link skills will work with her future vision skill.

11 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Does attack / speed link work with legendary Lucina's future vision? Got a summer lyn off the seasonal banner and was thinking of giving that plus sturdy impact to legendary Lucina. But I need to know if link skills will work with her future vision skill.

Future Vision upgrades from Swap, and it also obviously Swaps, so I am pretty sure it is considered a movement Assist skill.

Edited by XRay

4 hours ago, Faellin said:

All Assist skills that change the user or target's position are movement Assists.

43 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I got a -HP + Spd Claude pitybreaking me while aiming for Bernadetta, my previous Claude  is +atk -res, if I want to merge them, which of them should be the merge base?

Depends on what you want him to do. I lean towards +Atk.

Firesweep can take either nature. +Atk is better for dealing chip damage and higher damage output against slow enemies. +Spd is better for doubling fast enemies. I personally lean towards +Atk, since a Firesweeper's main purpose is to quickly wear down bulky enemies and take care of problematic Enemy Phase units, and problematic Enemy Phase units usually not that fast.

If he is running Brave Bow, +Atk is better.

I do not recommend using his own bow, it is just inferior to Brave Bow for damage output and it provides no additional utility nor benefit compared to Firesweep Bow. But if you insist on using his default bow, then +Atk would be better against slow enemies while +Spd is better against fast enemies. 

I adore Ferdinand and got several copies of him from the banner and am wondering which set of boon/bane will work best for being a physical speedy tank? 

I also have to feed him Atk/Def Solo, Bonfire, and alternate on Atk/Def and Spd/Def Link. 

My top best three are: 

+Atk/-Res

+Def/-Res

+Def/-Hp

Which should I keep as his base?

2 hours ago, Liliesgrace said:

+Atk/-Res

+Def/-Res

+Def/-Hp

I'd personally go with +Atk His attack is ok but could do with a bit of a boost. It's the hardest stat to boost with weapon refines as well. You can always refine his lance with speed or defense depending on what you are going for. Though I'd personally go speed for the refine, especially if you plan on keeping his original lance.

Edited by Holla99

Just now, Holla99 said:

I'd personally go with +Atk His attack is ok but could do with a bit of a boost. It's the hardest stat to boost with weapon refines as well. You can always refine his lance with speed or defense depending on what you are going for.

That’s an excellent point and I will be refining his weapon too so that should work! 

Are the colors of orbs when summoning completely random, or influenceable at all? The only unit on the new TH banner I don't really care about is Ferdinand, and the first three times I've pulled there's been 4 blue, 3 blue, and 3 blue lol why

EDIT: Yessss pulled +Atk-HP Annette. However I have a question regarding her Crusher; would its effect of granting +1 movement to the target of a Rally be able to be applied to multiple units such as with Rally Up Atk+?

Edited by uhmuzing

8 hours ago, Liliesgrace said:

I adore Ferdinand and got several copies of him from the banner and am wondering which set of boon/bane will work best for being a physical speedy tank? 

I also have to feed him Atk/Def Solo, Bonfire, and alternate on Atk/Def and Spd/Def Link. 

My top best three are: 

+Atk/-Res

+Def/-Res

+Def/-Hp

For tanks, I would prioritize Spd/Def/Res over Atk depending on the type of tank. Boosting Atk usually is not necessary since the Special trigger is usually enough to kill whatever is attacking you. If you really find his damage output to be lacking, I recommend switching to Slaying Lance rather than running +Atk as you will get higher damage output that way. If you run Bonfire without Slaying Lance, his damage output will suffer significantly because he will not be able trigger his Special during every round combat. You always want to trigger a Special during every round of combat; if that is not possible, you will want to trigger it as often as possible.

I do not recommend Link Skills since it does nothing to help the unit in combat. It is better to offload buffs to allies' C slots.

Since you want to use him as Spd/Def tank, Spd is the most important stat, with Def being second. Since you do not have +Spd, I would stick with +Def for now.

+Spd
Vanguard Lance (with Moonbow/Ruptured Sky) — Slaying Lance (with Bonfire)
Spd Refinement
Reposition — Swap
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky — Bonfire
(Any A that boosts Spd/Def; I recommend Steady Posture as that is the best one right now)
Lull Atk/Spd — Quick Riposte
(Any C) — Atk Smoke
Quick Riposte — (Any Sacred Seal that boosts Spd, Def, or Spd/Def)

I strongly recommend stacking as much Spd as possible and run a Quick Riposte on the B slot or Sacred Seal slot. You can skip Quick Riposte if you can take him to 60+ Spd with buffs from allies and you are running Lull Spd/Stat (most sword units hover around 55 Spd at max investment; Lyn hits 55 Spd with a tank busting kit: +Atk-Swift Sparrow 3-Lull Spd/Def-Time's Pulse-Flashing Blade), 70+ Spd if you need to to double the fastest sword units (Mareeta can hit 69 Spd and at max investment with Swift Sparrow 5). Without enough Spd, he is likely to take significant damage from sword units due to being doubled, and he needs Quick Riposte to double back.

3 hours ago, uhmuzing said:

Are the colors of orbs when summoning completely random, or influenceable at all? The only unit on the new TH banner I don't really care about is Ferdinand, and the first three times I've pulled there's been 4 blue, 3 blue, and 3 blue lol why

The units that appear on a summoning circle are random within their percentage range, if that makes sense.

3* units as a whole will appear 36% of the time, but which unit from the 3* pool is random.
4* units as a whole excluding the 4* Focus units will appear 55% of the time, but which unit from that pool will appear is random.
4* Focus units will appear 3% of the time, and since there is usually just one unit in that pool, that unit will appear 3% of the time.
5* units as a whole excluding the 5* Focus units will appear 3% of the time, but which unit from that pool will appear is random.
5* Focus units will appear 3% of the time, but which unit from that pool will appear is random.

The color of Orbs is just basically a mask that obscures what the unit underneath is.

3 hours ago, uhmuzing said:

EDIT: Yessss pulled +Atk-HP Annette. However I have a question regarding her Crusher; would its effect of granting +1 movement to the target of a Rally be able to be applied to multiple units such as with Rally Up Atk+?

Rally skills can only target one unit, but its effect may apply to multiple units. Therefore, Crusher will only affect one unit since it only affects the targeted unit, even if the Rally skill may affect multiple units.

Edited by XRay