"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

26 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yes. Mythic units provides a stat boost and a Lift boost.

The entire team should consist of only Light Mythic Heroes and Light Blessed Heroes.

You make a separate team for Astra Season, and that entire team should consist of only Astra Mythic Heroes and Astra Blessed Heroes.

You only give Dark Blessings and Anima Blessings to units on defense, and you ideally want two separate defense teams. Defense is not as important, so do not invest in your defense until you have gotten your offense teams down.

damn no wonder i always see the same characters always. its all about Legendary/Mythic -,-

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Steilison said:

so as long as u have a buff on your skill slot you could gain Yato's buff? -.-

You need to give Yato its special Refinement and to have M!Corrin Ally Support the tank.

35 minutes ago, Steilison said:

is AR really that challenging that you need buffs late game? your up against an AI after all.

Buffs are vital for super tanks, since they will likely see multiple rounds of combat in one turn, so they need to be able to hold their own between turns until Eir or another healer can heal them. Having more stats allows them to avoid doubles and take less damage per hit, which extends their longevity.

Buffs are also vital for Player Phase nukes, especially Blade mages.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

You need to give Yato its special Refinement and to have M!Corrin Ally Support the tank.

Buffs are vital for super tanks, since they will likely see multiple rounds of combat in one turn, so they need to be able to hold their own between turns until Eir or another healer can heal them. Having more stats allows them to avoid doubles and take less damage per hit, which extends their longevity.

Buffs are also vital for Player Phase nukes, especially Blade mages.

thanks for the tip!

So I somehow managed to get my hands on both Dimitri and Claude before the banner expired, meaning I do have Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude in my possession.

I think I saw you mention that Claude is among the best archers in the game. Is Dimitri any good? Checking his based stats online, is there a reason Edelgard seems to have a higher base stat total than him across the board? Is this because he is cavalry, and it is a balance thing?

What is a good skill set for Dimitri and Claude? Is this a case where their base skills are somewhat workable?

I also put savage blow on Kronya for obvious reasons

20 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Is Dimitri any good?

Yes.

20 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Checking his based stats online, is there a reason Edelgard seems to have a higher base stat total than him across the board? Is this because he is cavalry, and it is a balance thing?

Yes, yes, and yes. Movement types with greater mobility have lower stats in order to compensate for their mobility. Ranged cavalry have the lowest total stats in the game and melee armors have the highest total stats in the game for this reason.

23 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

What is a good skill set for Dimitri and Claude? Is this a case where their base skills are somewhat workable?

A lot of newer 5-star-exclusive units have base skill sets that are already tailored for their intended use. They are usually not 100% optimal, but are generally very close.

Dimitri normally runs player-phase builds due to his weapon's effect and cavalry mobility:

Dimitri [+Atk]
Noble Lance
Reposition
Galeforce / Bonfire
Death Blow 4
Lull Atk/Def 3 / Desperation 3
Savage Blow 3
Heavy Blade 3

Dimitri [+Atk]
Noble Lance
Reposition
Ruptured Sky / Moonbow
Death Blow 4
Lull Atk/Def 3 / Desperation 3
Savage Blow 3
Death Blow 3

Claude can run his default Cunning Bow for more punching power, but Brave Bow or Firesweep Bow is typically better for general use:

Claude [+Spd / +Atk]
Cunning Bow
Reposition
Ruptured Sky / Moonbow
Swift Sparrow 3 / Life and Death 4 / Brazen Atk/Spd 4 / Atk/Spd Solo 3
Lull Spd/Def 3 / Desperation 3
[flexible]
Death Blow 3 / Swift Sparrow 2

Claude [+Atk]
Brave Bow+
Reposition
Ruptured Sky / Moonbow
Death Blow 4 / Life and Death 4 / Swift Sparrow 3 / Brazen Atk/Spd 4 / Atk/Spd Solo 3
[flexible]

Claude [+Spd / +Atk]
Firesweep Bow+
Reposition
Ruptured Sky / Moonbow
Life and Death 4 / Swift Sparrow 3 / Atk/Spd Solo 3 / Brazen Atk/Spd 4
Poison Strike 3 / Lull Spd/Def 3
Savage Blow 3 / [flexible]
Poison Strike 3 / Savage Blow 3 / Death Blow 3 / Swift Sparrow 2

So I've got Spring Fir, who wants her SI and for Spring Est who would make good use of her chill skill?  Please bare in mind I will not be using either since I don't like them.  Also who wants Bartre's skills.  I'm thinking of giving Lucy Odd Attack Wave and coupling it with the even attack wave sacred seal for a build.  I'm also highly tempted to give her Atk/Speed Solo from Fir as well...

Creator sword = Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). During combat, neutralizes effects that guarantee foe's follow-up attacks, prevent unit's follow-up attacks

Noble lance = At start of combat, if both unit's and foe's HP = 100% or if both unit's and foe's HP < 100%, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack.

Byleth has the higher speed and Dimitri initiated can he double? 

is Dimitri the lance version of Reindhardt?

Edited by Steilison

11 minutes ago, Steilison said:

Creator sword = Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). During combat, neutralizes effects that guarantee foe's follow-up attacks, prevent unit's follow-up attacks

Noble lance = At start of combat, if both unit's and foe's HP = 100% or if both unit's and foe's HP < 100%, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack.

In that situation, Dimitri cannot double; his garunteed follow up is cancelled by Byleth's creator sword. 

Reinhardt's mostly a meme because he's a calvary mage, which means that he can destroy powerful melee tanks. Plus, Reinhardt's got a brave effect, meaning he'll be able to X4 very slow enemies. Dimitri's annoying as heck at first, but generally a mage will deal with him quickly enough in my experience.

I could be wrong, but isn't Edelgard's axe more reliable than Dimitri's lance when it comes to guaranteeing follow-up attacks? Dimitri either needs to be fully healed or attack enemies that are already hurt, Edelgard basically always doubles as long as she doesn't have too many allies nearby. Granted, Dimitri is also faster.

My Dimitri got a flaw in speed and in bonus to resilience, which isn't exactly an ideal nature. But hopefully that won't be too bad considering his lance will guarantee follow-up attacks. I tend to like those kind of effects. 

I also found Altina with guaranteed follow-up attacks in every circumstance and counter-attacking from any range to be absurdly powerful, the only drawback is low might on her weapons. I am assuming her basic skills are quite good for her?

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

In that situation, Dimitri cannot double; his garunteed follow up is cancelled by Byleth's creator sword. 

Reinhardt's mostly a meme because he's a calvary mage, which means that he can destroy powerful melee tanks. Plus, Reinhardt's got a brave effect, meaning he'll be able to X4 very slow enemies. Dimitri's annoying as heck at first, but generally a mage will deal with him quickly enough in my experience.

thanks! yeah I prefer Reindhart in most situation. 

58 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So I've got Spring Fir, who wants her SI and for Spring Est who would make good use of her chill skill?  Please bare in mind I will not be using either since I don't like them.  Also who wants Bartre's skills.  I'm thinking of giving Lucy Odd Attack Wave and coupling it with the even attack wave sacred seal for a build.  I'm also highly tempted to give her Atk/Speed Solo from Fir as well...

Harsh Command+ is a niche skill. Its only advantage over using a dancer is that it converts penalties to bonuses, but Azura already does almost the same thing.

Atk/Spd Solo is inferior to Swift Sparrow 3 and Life and Death 4. I personally wouldn't suggest giving it to any unit that doesn't already have it. If you need a filler skill while waiting for something optimal, Life and Death 3 is a better choice because it is cheaper and can be upgraded to Life and Death 4 while also inheriting 3 other skills at the same time.

Air Orders is situational. I personally think the slot is better used for Goad Fliers, but it can be used on a flier ball Aether Raids defense team to catch challengers off guard.

Fury 4 can go on pretty much anyone you need the recoil on to activate Desperation or that can actually make use of all 4 stats.

Chill Atk/Res is mostly useless. The single stat Chill skills are already Sacred Seals and hit for -7 instead of -5. Additionally, it's more useful to hit the enemy with the highest value of a stat instead of the enemy with the highest sum of 2 stats, especially when one is an offensive stat and the other is a defensive stat.

Hone Fliers can go on any flier. Goad Fliers is generally more useful for non-Litrblade teams, though.

40 minutes ago, Steilison said:

No. Noble Lance's effect is disabled by Creator's Sword's effect and Dimitri doesn't win the Spd comparison.

40 minutes ago, Steilison said:

Not really.

What makes Reinhardt Reinhardt is the fact that he is a ranged cavalry unit. Lances already have Brave Lance, which is inheritable and has the same effect as Dire Thunder, but Dire Thunder has 2 range, giving it more reach and the ability to hit over obstacles. There's no such thing as a lance version of Reinhardt.

19 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

I could be wrong, but isn't Edelgard's axe more reliable than Dimitri's lance when it comes to guaranteeing follow-up attacks? Dimitri either needs to be fully healed or attack enemies that are already hurt, Edelgard basically always doubles as long as she doesn't have too many allies nearby. Granted, Dimitri is also faster.

Yes, Victorious Axe has the less restrictive condition. However, that's why Dimitri's build recommendations usually include Savage Blow.

Getting a follow-up with a Spd comparison is generally unreliable with the Spd that Edelgard and Dimitri have, so it's not all that much of an advantage.

resilience

Resistance.

I also found Altina with guaranteed follow-up attacks

The Brave effect is not a guaranteed follow-up. It is unaffected by skills that prevent follow-ups and skills that disable guaranteed follow-ups. Because the second attack from the Brave effect isn't a follow-up, it is possible to have both the Brave effect and a follow-up attack for a total of 4 hits.

the only drawback is low might on her weapons.

All weapons with the Brave effect either have reduced Mt or have the Brave effect be conditional.

I am assuming her basic skills are quite good for her?

Yes.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

He can also run a dual phase build like Edelgard. Just make sure he has Savage Blow somewhere.

+Atk
Noble Lance
Reposition
Galeforce (Heavy Blade) — Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Atk/Def Solo — Atk/Res Solo
Lull Atk/Def
Savage Blow — Rouse Atk/Def — Rouse Atk/Res
Heavy Blade — Savage Blow

2 hours ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Personally, I do not think Claude's Weapon is great unless you want to turn him into an Enemy Phase unit, which I do not recommend either due to his low stats. I recommend a Firesweep or a fast Brave skill set as soon as possible. Firesweep Bow is more expensive, but he can keep Lull Spd/Def. Brave Bow is cheaper overall, but you will need to replace his Lull Spd/Def

Firesweep:
+Atk/Spd
Firesweep Bow
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky — Luna
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Poison Strike — Lull Spd/Def
(Any C) — Def Smoke — Savage Bow
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd) — Poison Strike — Savage Blow — Heavy Blade
I personally lean towards +Atk for his nature. If you are running low on Moonbow, Luna can also work, although the damage output would be lower due to less frequent activation. You can also try to run Heavy Blade to bust Def tanks.

Fast Brave:
+Atk
Brave Bow
Reposition
Luna
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Claude [+Atk]
Brave Bow+
Reposition
Ruptured Sky / Moonbow
Death Blow 4 / Life and Death 4 / Swift Sparrow 3 / Brazen Atk/Spd 4 / Atk/Spd Solo 3
[flexible]

I think there should be a distinction made between fast Brave and slow Brave, as their builds are very different. Claude can run a slow Brave build, but it is a waste of his Spd in my opinion and I think other slower archers can do it better.

Slow Brave:
+Atk
Brave Bow
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Death Blow
Lull Atk/Def
Death Blow — Heavy Blade

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

If you have an offensive healer, you can give Atk/Spd Solo to that healer. For regular nukes, I recommend sticking with Swift Sparrow and other A skills that do not have positioning requirements. You can also pass along Harsh Command+ for scoring purposes.

For Familial Festivities Est, you want to pass on Fury 4 and Hone Fliers, so I recommend prioritizing a flier nuke, especially if the flier nuke is often paired with Blade mage flier. Her Chill skill is not that necessary on a combat unit in my opinion, but if you are passing it on to a non flier nuke who cannot get Hone Fliers, you can inherit the whole Chill Line with Fury 4.

For Familial Festivities Bartre, Odd Atk Wave is not that great. I do not recommend running dual Waves on a combat unit. Dual Waves is fine on a Dancer/Singer that sees some combat usage such as ones with Effective Weapons, but combat units want their Sacred Seal slot to be something more effective.

35 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

My Dimitri got a flaw in speed and in bonus to resilience, which isn't exactly an ideal nature. But hopefully that won't be too bad considering his lance will guarantee follow-up attacks. I tend to like those kind of effects. 

That is an okay nature for dual phasing, and you can patch up his Res with Atk/Res Solo and Rouse Atk/Res so he can better handle red dragons. +Atk would still be best of course. -Spd would be his best Flaw since he does not really need Spd.

35 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

I also found Altina with guaranteed follow-up attacks in every circumstance and counter-attacking from any range to be absurdly powerful, the only drawback is low might on her weapons. I am assuming her basic skills are quite good for her?

Make sure to also run Brazen Atk/Res on her Sacred Seal if you use her as a Counter-Vantage unit often, and you want to replace her C slot with Def Smoke as well if you have another buffer on your team.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, Steilison said:

2020 they gave out free Altina, what did u guys get on 2019?

We got a banner with one free summon being a guaranteed 5 star unit complete with IVs (often shitty ones in most cases).

2 hours ago, Steilison said:

2020 they gave out free Altina, what did u guys get on 2019?

We voted on the website, and the 4 Heroes of each color that were the most voted would be on a banner, which the winner were Halloween Myrrh, Legendary Azura, Legendary Lyn and Duma. The Free Summon on that banner was a guaranteed 5* Hero between the four winners, but you couldn't pick the color.  I got Duma, which was pretty nice.

4 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So I've got Spring Fir, who wants her SI and for Spring Est who would make good use of her chill skill?  Please bare in mind I will not be using either since I don't like them. 

Just out of curiosity... Why did you summon on that banner, since 2 of the 4 Heroes are on your dislike list?

40 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

We voted on the website, and the 4 Heroes of each color that were the most voted would be on a banner, which the winner were Halloween Myrrh, Legendary Azura, Legendary Lyn and Duma. The Free Summon on that banner was a guaranteed 5* Hero between the four winners, but you couldn't pick the color.  I got Duma, which was pretty nice.

Just out of curiosity... Why did you summon on that banner, since 2 of the 4 Heroes are on your dislike list?

Study Stance 4 fodder for Grima what else?

Randomly pulled a +speed -HP Lewyn off the revival banner just now, and need some advice on the current situation I have.

For one, that IV is far to perfect to just give up. But at the same time I have use for special spiral at the moment.  And I already have legendary Celica with IVs that are inoffensive to her role but nothing groundbreaking (+def -HP) So i'm not really dieing for a good green tome unit.

So should I keep this Lewyn? I highly doubt i'm ever going to get another copy of him with a perfect IV spread like this. But at the same time Celica is performing perfectly for me so i'm not in dire need of a green tome unit.

Heck with that IV spread i'm tempted to fodder that Celica to him to upgrade that SS and her C skill. I already have Hector, Ephraim and Roy to cover fire legendary bonuses also so its not going to be a huge loss.

I should also mention that I like both outside of unit performance. Lewyn being in my top 5 jugdral characters in general, and I just like Celica alot.

Edited by Faellin

So, I've been asking around a little but I just can't quite put my finger on it... Do you guys think that Bunny Narcian is better as a +def unit (taking advantage of his superbun superboon) or as a +spd unit (bringing him into speedy from what I think may be middling)? I have a +spd one but I don't have a +def one.

3 hours ago, Faellin said:

Randomly pulled a +speed -HP Lewyn off the revival banner just now, and need some advice on the current situation I have.

For one, that IV is far to perfect to just give up. But at the same time I have use for special spiral at the moment.  And I already have legendary Celica with IVs that are inoffensive to her role but nothing groundbreaking (+def -HP) So i'm not really dieing for a good green tome unit.

So should I keep this Lewyn? I highly doubt i'm ever going to get another copy of him with a perfect IV spread like this. But at the same time Celica is performing perfectly for me so i'm not in dire need of a green tome unit.

Heck with that IV spread i'm tempted to fodder that Celica to him to upgrade that SS and her C skill. I already have Hector, Ephraim and Roy to cover fire legendary bonuses also so its not going to be a huge loss.

I should also mention that I like both outside of unit performance. Lewyn being in my top 5 jugdral characters in general, and I just like Celica alot.

I would not prioritize Special Spiral or any skill over natures since it is much harder to get a good nature. Whatever you can do with a Blazing nuke, you can also generally do with a regular Desperation Blade mage. The primary difference between a Blazing nuke and a Desperation nuke is that a Blazing nuke's "Desperation" cannot be nullified if they use Hardy Bearing. Special Spiral for in-combat Special Spams (Moonbow, Iceberg, etc.) should have even less prioritization in my opinion since the total damage output is even less than Blazing Spam. I would keep Lewyn.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

So, I've been asking around a little but I just can't quite put my finger on it... Do you guys think that Bunny Narcian is better as a +def unit (taking advantage of his superbun superboon) or as a +spd unit (bringing him into speedy from what I think may be middling)? I have a +spd one but I don't have a +def one.

+Spd. He is better off as a Player Phase unit. Even if you turn him into an Enemy Phase unit, he is still better off with more Spd to avoid doubles. Avoiding doubles also gives him a better chance of surviving magical opponents since they would only be able to hit him once instead of twice. I find it iffy turning him into an Enemy Phase unit due to weakness to bows and lack of access to Lulls.

Edited by XRay

6 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Study Stance 4 fodder for Grima what else?

Since Male Fallen Robin is a unit with pretty good Def, I would go for Mirror Stance instead to give him a help in Res and make him more a mix tank... But Sturdy Stance works too.

Did you get it?

1 hour ago, XRay said:

+Spd. He is better off as a Player Phase unit. Even if you turn him into an Enemy Phase unit, he is still better off with more Spd to avoid doubles. Avoiding doubles also gives him a better chance of surviving magical opponents since they would only be able to hit him once instead of twice. I find it iffy turning him into an Enemy Phase unit due to weakness to bows and lack of access to Lulls.

I see. Thanks for the advice! 🙂

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Since Male Fallen Robin is a unit with pretty good Def, I would go for Mirror Stance instead to give him a help in Res and make him more a mix tank... But Sturdy Stance works too.

Did you get it?

Check the offical pull topic.  There's a lot of salt going on from that cursed banner.

14 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Check the offical pull topic.  There's a lot of salt going on from that cursed banner.

No thanks... This already answers my previous question.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

the effects on vengeful and special counter  says grants Special cooldown charge +1 "to/per?" unit, not accelerates CD, that means  you won't change your special when enemy atkst?

how come I fought someone and when he atk'd it charged not 1 but 2 of his cooldown?

On player phase I atk'd enemy with vengeful fighter, he counter atk'd, I countered  using vengeful fighter and he cast Glacies on me.. I died...

11 minutes ago, Steilison said:

the effects on vengeful and special counter  says grants Special cooldown charge +1 "to/per?" unit, not accelerates CD, that means  you won't change your special when enemy atkst?

how come I fought someone and when he atk'd it charged not 1 but 2 of his cooldown?

On player phase I atk'd enemy with vengeful fighter, he counter atk'd, I countered  using vengeful fighter and he cast Glacies on me.. I died...

Special Fighter works on both Player Phase and Enemy Phase. On both phases, Special Fighter increases your unit's cooldown count when either unit attacks, and decreases your foe's cooldown count when either unit attacks.

Vengeful Fighter only works on Enemy Phase. On Enemy Phase, Vengeful Fighter increases your unit's cooldown count only when the unit attacks.

Your unit's Player Phase is the foe's Enemy Phase. Your foe's Player Phase is your unit's Enemy Phase.