"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

29 minutes ago, XRay said:

Since there are two Yunes, he will get Spd+8. The total bonus and Mythic stats would be Atk+7, Spd+12, Def+4, and Res+9.

And finally, DO NOT EVER level up your Bolt Trap to level 2. Keep it at Level 1, or do not build it at all. Unless you are absolutely sure you know what you are doing for your defense map, do NOT level the Bolt Trap up. Bolt Traps are often poorly placed, and that benefits the offensive team far to often to the detriment of the defense team. One reason why offensive Player Phase teams are so easy to use in Aether Raids is because there are a lot of Level 2 or higher Bolt Traps that Player Phase teams can safely take advantage of to drop their HP under 75% to activate Desperation without any risk of engaging in combat first.

so stats stack as well!

URGH! bolt trap is the only thing I leveled up! Noob mistake!

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Steilison said:

URGH! bolt trap is the only thing I leveled up! Noob mistake!

I recommend placing the Bolt Trap closer to the back so players cannot take advantage of it as easily. If players are still abusing your Bolt Trap a lot, you can always remove it completely.

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

I recommend placing the Bolt Trap closer to the back so players cannot take advantage of it as easily. If players are still abusing your Bolt Trap a lot, you can always remove it completely.

im on tier 10 only so most people i face are clueless like me as well.😂. I really like to build a defensive team but for now I should just focus on offence. Im on my first week after playing this game (after quitting long long time ago)

Edited by Steilison

10 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Free pulled a Brave Alm on the banner today. Who would be able to use Threaten Attack/Spd well? A close call user, certainly, but I don't have any of those.

Threaten skills (not named Surtr's Menace) are still underpowered due to the fact that they don't have any effect on enemy ranged units for their first rounds of combat. It's a viable skill for use in PvE and Arena if you have nothing better for the slot or if you just need a score boost, but it's mostly useless in Aether Raids.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Threaten skills (not named Surtr's Menace) are still underpowered due to the fact that they don't have any effect on enemy ranged units for their first rounds of combat. It's a viable skill for use in PvE and Arena if you have nothing better for the slot or if you just need a score boost, but it's mostly useless in Aether Raids.

Yeah, definitely not that viable of a skill. W!Sothis uses it pretty well but she's a big ball of stats with all the right skills to make her tricky to fight her on either phase.
Bah, just my luck that my rare 'good' free pulls have absurdly niche SI.

So I pulled another Peony today I was really disapointed until I realized I can use 2 Peony in AR that would give me +6 speed which i definitely need because my lineup is speed dependent so I need 2 builds for 2 different Peonys. My most concern is SPEED thats the only way I could win most of the matches because of my lineup so  i guess chill speed is a must. No ploy coz wont stack and I would end up facing people with higher res in the end and tower disadvange. Maybe a buffer/debuffer if theres such a thing. My current peony has wings of mercy and i think its ok but is it good  on AR when your against 6 units?

1 hour ago, Steilison said:

So I pulled another Peony today I was really disapointed until I realized I can use 2 Peony in AR that would give me +6 speed which i definitely need because my lineup is speed dependent so I need 2 builds for 2 different Peonys. My most concern is SPEED thats the only way I could win most of the matches because of my lineup so  i guess chill speed is a must. No ploy coz wont stack and I would end up facing people with higher res in the end and tower disadvange. Maybe a buffer/debuffer if theres such a thing. My current peony has wings of mercy and i think its ok but is it good  on AR when your against 6 units?

Two Peonys will give Spd+8.

Unless there is a reason to use something else, most people have Wings of Mercy as the default B skill for Dancers/Singers. All of my Dancers/Singers have Wings of Mercy, and I only have a few that do not have it as their default B skill.

Peony:
+Spd
Flower of Joy
Gentle Dream
Moonbow
Fury
Wings of Mercy
(Any C that provides buffs)
(Any Sacred Seal that provides buffs)

Nature, Special, and A does not really matter since she is not supposed to engage in combat. I prefer +Spd, Moonbow, and Fury since they are the most well rounded options in case Peony does see occasional combat.

For C and Sacred Seal, I recommend Atk Tactic and any Hones and Fortifies.

Do invisible stat debuffs from skills like Lulls count as a [Penalty]?  I was always under the impression they didn't, but now I suspect they do.  It's the only explanation I can think of for why Brammimond keeps doubling my 33 Spd unit with no visible debuffs or status affects. 

1 hour ago, DLNarshen said:

Do invisible stat debuffs from skills like Lulls count as a [Penalty]?  I was always under the impression they didn't, but now I suspect they do.  It's the only explanation I can think of for why Brammimond keeps doubling my 33 Spd unit with no visible debuffs or status affects. 

No, penalties only include effects that result in an icon appearing on the unit's map sprite. Are you sure there's nothing on the map boosting his Spd or lowering yours?

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

No, penalties only include effects that result in an icon appearing on the unit's map sprite. Are you sure there's nothing on the map boosting his Spd or lowering yours?

Thanks, that's reassuring.  It turns out the 33 Spd unit had a Spd Tactic buff active while also getting debuffed by 7.  Moving the unit cancelled that debuff, putting him within the threshold Brammimond needs to double.  Reworking where I put my Tactic buffs fixed this.

So you cant use the same seal on more than one hero? My current build for Dimitri requires a heavy blade seal and I am already using one for Edelgard who I want to field on the same team. What is a good substitute? Another deathblow seal?

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

I am a bit confused with the penalty nullifing weapons and skills. Like Legendary Chrom, Spring Iddun and tier 4 Bonds. I don't understand how they work especially how do they react against panic. And descriptions are not very helpful. 

There are two aspects of a Penalty. The first aspect is the actual numerical reduction in stats, which is pretty easy to understand. The second aspect is Penalty as a status effect, or think of it as a "label." For example, whether a unit is debuffed by Atk-1 or Atk-7, the unit is labelled as being under the effect of a Penalty.

The following parts of the game mechanics I am less sure about, so correct me if I am wrong, @Ice Dragon. @Azuni, @eclipse, and @Diovani Bressan, is probably more knowledgeable on this subject than me too, as I am still wrapping my head around some parts.

On defense, there are two types of Penalty nullification. One type of Penalty nullification completely nullifies the stat drop and the status. The other type of Penalty nullification only nullifies the stat drop, it does not nullify the status.

Similarly, on offense, there are two types of Penalty identification. One type identifies only the stat drop, while the other type identifies both the stat drop and the status. I believe Gunnthrá's Blizzard looks at the stat drop and status.

Outside of Blizzard, I have not been keeping track of which skill has which type of Penalty nullification or identification yet.

31 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

So you cant use the same seal on more than one hero? My current build for Dimitri requires a heavy blade seal and I am already using one for Edelgard who I want to field on the same team. What is a good substitute? Another deathblow seal?

Unfortunately, we can only use a Sacred Seal once.

Death Blow is a good substitute. Since Dimitri will not have Heavy Blade to activate Galeforce, you might want to switch to a lower cooldown Special like Moonbow.

Edited by XRay

32 minutes ago, XRay said:

There are two aspects of a Penalty. The first aspect is the actual numerical reduction in stats, which is pretty easy to understand. The second aspect is Penalty as a status effect, or think of it as a "label." For example, whether a unit is debuffed by Atk-1 or Atk-7, the unit is labelled as being under the effect of a Penalty.

The following parts of the game mechanics I am less sure about, so correct me if I am wrong, @Ice Dragon. @Azuni, @eclipse, and @Diovani Bressan, is probably more knowledgeable on this subject than me too, as I am still wrapping my head around some parts.

On defense, there are two types of Penalty nullification. One type of Penalty nullification completely nullifies the stat drop and the status. The other type of Penalty nullification only nullifies the stat drop, it does not nullify the status.

Similarly, on offense, there are two types of Penalty identification. One type identifies only the stat drop, while the other type identifies both the stat drop and the status. I believe Gunnthrá's Blizzard looks at the stat drop and status.

Outside of Blizzard, I have not been keeping track of which skill has which type of Penalty nullification or identification yet.

Unfortunately, we can only use a Sacred Seal once.

Death Blow is a good substitute. Since Dimitri will not have Heavy Blade to activate Galeforce, you might want to switch to a lower cooldown Special like Moonbow.

Currently have him using bonfire, is this adaquate?

7 hours ago, XRay said:

Nature, Special, and A does not really matter since she is not supposed to engage in combat. I prefer +Spd, Moonbow, and Fury since they are the most well rounded options in case Peony does see occasional combat.

For C and Sacred Seal, I recommend Atk Tactic and any Hones and Fortifies.

thanks, i'll put atk tactics/wings of mercy then.

Just now, Darkmoon6789 said:

Currently have him using bonfire, is this adaquate?

Bonfire is fine as a temporary measure if you do not have Moonbow, but if you have Moonbow I recommend giving him that skill.

Bonfire does not activate during every round of combat on Player Phase, but Moonbow does.

Bonfire 3 Cooldown
Dimitri initiates (cooldown reduces to 2), Foe counters (cooldown reduces to 1), Dimitri follows-up (cooldown ready)

Moonbow 2 Cooldown
Dimitri initiates (cooldown reduces to 1), Foe counters (cooldown ready), Dimitri follows-up (Moonbow triggers)

2 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Does anyone know how we can tell who the next resplendent hero is for FEH pass?

Go in the shop section. There from the Pass page go to the website. In the home page of said website the next resplendent is shown. After Sophia, Azura is next in line. It is also in the notification board at the end of the notification about the current one, though the website has art and some voicelines. 

Edited by SuperNova125

So is there a reason I can't seem to craft a deathblow seal? I don't have one and I know they should be available, it is literally not on the list in the forge.

Also, I can get moonbow or Dimitri, but it does require me to sacrifice either, Nailah, Sue or Lysithea. I am usually reluctant to sacrifice five-star units. I was thinking that maybe I could get rid of Nailah as they don't exactly have much beast synergy as she is one of the very few beast units I have. Is this worth it to improve Dimitri?

3 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

So is there a reason I can't seem to craft a deathblow seal? I don't have one and I know they should be available, it is literally not on the list in the forge.

Also, I can get moonbow or Dimitri, but it does require me to sacrifice either, Nailah, Sue or Lysithea. I am usually reluctant to sacrifice five-star units. I was thinking that maybe I could get rid of Nailah as they don't exactly have much beast synergy as she is one of the very few beast units I have. Is this worth it to improve Dimitri?

There are far cheeper sources for Moonbow than those three units.  Athena, Palla, and Odin are all three to four stars who most certainly have it.  If you've got some copies of them I'd probably make use of them instead.  Odin is a blue tome unit btw, the other two reds.  I'm not sure if there are any others in the pool.

1 minute ago, TheSilentChloey said:

There are far cheeper sources for Moonbow than those three units.  Athena, Palla, and Odin are all three to four stars who most certainly have it.  If you've got some copies of them I'd probably make use of them instead.  Odin is a blue tome unit btw, the other two reds.  I'm not sure if there are any others in the pool.

That is the thing, I have neither of those units.

If I can't get a death blow seal for whatever reason, I also need to find a replacement seal for Dimitri, heavy blade isn't an option, as I am using this one on Edelgard. Currently using noble lance, reposition, bonfire, death blow 4, lull atk/def 3,  and savage blow 3 on Dimitri and needed to find a seal that fits. Plan to replace bonfire with moonbow when I can

17 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

If you did not get Death Blow from Tempest Trials, you will have to wait for it to be available in the Sacred Seal Forge.

I recommend participating in all modes and events like Tempest Trials as much as possible to obtain the rewards the game provides.

17 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

I do NOT recommend sacrificing 5* units for skills that can obtained from 3* and 4* units. As @TheSilentChloey has said, it is better to wait for 3* and 4* units to show up and use them instead.

Nailah's Null C-Disrupt is extremely valuable on units to retaliated against Firesweep nukes, such as Kronya.

Sue's Hone Spd 4 is very valuable for Dancers/Singers.

Lysithea is extremely valuable for passing Time's Pulse and Death Blow 4.

6 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

That is the thing, I have neither of those units.

Give it some time. You will eventually summon them. Building units takes patience.

6 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

If I can't get a death blow seal for whatever reason, I also need to find a replacement seal for Dimitri, heavy blade isn't an option, as I am using this one on Edelgard. Currently using noble lance, reposition, bonfire, death blow 4, lull atk/def 3,  and savage blow 3 on Dimitri and needed to find a seal that fits. Plan to replace bonfire with moonbow when I can

Death Blow will be available eventually. Just save up the Sacred Coins while you wait.

Edited by XRay

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you did not get Death Blow from Tempest Trials, you will have to wait for it to be available in the Sacred Seal Forge.

I recommend participating in all modes and events like Tempest Trials as much as possible to obtain the rewards the game provides.

I do NOT recommend sacrificing 5* units for skills that can obtained from 3* and 4* units.

Nailah's Null C-Disrupt is extremely valuable on units to retaliated against Firesweep nukes, such as Kronya.

Sue's Hone Spd 4 is very valuable for Dancers/Singers.

Lysithea is extremely valuable for passing Time's Pulse and Death Blow 4.

Give it some time. You will eventually summon them. Building units takes patience.

Death Blow will be available eventually. Just save up the Sacred Coins while you wait.

Thanks, I also just noticed that I do actually have one copy of Odin, so he might be good inherit fodder for moonbow.

So you said that Null C Disrupt is good for Kronya? She is one of my most commonly used units. She might not have optimal skills as she is currently using Luna, death blow 3, desperation 3, distant guard 3 and a savage blow seal. Death blow and desperation are actually player phase skills, so I guess she is currently more of the player phase unit. I think I really need clothes counter on her as not being able to retaliate in melee is a problem. Currently null c disrupt would replace desperation which I am not sure is currently worth it with my current build. I feel that Kronya might have good synergy with Dimitri as they both have savage blow and rely on enemies not being at maximum hp for maximum effect. 

1 minute ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

So you said that Null C Disrupt is good for Kronya? She is one of my most commonly used units. She might not have optimal skills as she is currently using Luna, death blow 3, desperation 3, distant guard 3 and a savage blow seal. Death blow and desperation are actually player phase skills, so I guess she is currently more of the player phase unit. I think I really need clothes counter on her as not being able to retaliate in melee is a problem. Currently null c disrupt would replace desperation which I am not sure is currently worth it with my current build. I feel that Kronya might have good synergy with Dimitri as they both have savage blow and rely on enemies not being at maximum hp for maximum effect. 

It is good on Kronya, but keep in mind that she is an extremely niche unit. She will be very useful in Aether Raids, but she will not be very useful in other modes. Kronya is also extremely expensive to build properly as she also needs a team to be built around her.

5* units and skill inheritance highlighted in bold red underline:

Spoiler

Kronya
Athame
Reposition
Sol — Noontime — Miracle — Moonbow
Close Counter
Null C-Disrupt

Savage Blow — Pulse Smoke
Fierce Stance

Hector: Dressed-Up Duo
Conjuror Curios
Reciprocal Aid — Pivot
Bonfire
Distant Counter — HP+5
Odd Follow-Up — Renewal
Atk Tactic
Renewal — Panic Ploy

Hector: Dressed-Up Duo
Conjuror Curios
Reciprocal Aid — Pivot
Bonfire
Distant Counter — HP+5
Odd Follow-Up — Renewal
Atk Tactic
Renewal — Panic Ploy

Altina
Ragnell-Alondite
Reposition
Twin Blades — Galeforce
Ashera's Chosen
Vantage
Atk/Def Oath — Atk Tactic — Def Smoke
Brazen Atk/Spd

Altina
Ragnell-Alondite
Reposition
Twin Blades — Galeforce
Ashera's Chosen
Vantage
Atk/Def Oath — Atk Tactic — Def Smoke
Brazen Atk/Res

That totals to four to five other 5* units you need to also summon, and Hector: Dressed-Up Duo is not guaranteed to be available until around October, which is 6 months away. You also need time to accumulate Grails and Feathers for Kronya, and I recommend at least 7 merges, which totals to 160,000 Feathers and 700 Grails if you already have 4 copies of her. I also recommend getting 5 levels of Dragonflowers, which will cost a total of 160 Dragonflowers (I).

I recommend holding on to Nailah for now until you can get 2 copies of Hector: Dressed-Up Duo. Since he is not even guaranteed to be available until 6 months later, you may find that you need give Null Disrupt to someone else who might need it more between now and October.