"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Times pulse only work when CD “count at max” which means at the start of the turn it won’t work unless its at max. 

Lets say you just used aether and you did a follow up. So aether CD is now at 3instead of a 4, will times pulse work? 

Edited by Steilison

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Steilison said:

Times pulse only work when CD “count at max” which means at the start of the turn it won’t work unless its at max. 

Lets say you just used aether and you did a follow up. So aether CD is now at 3instead of a 4, will times pulse work? 

Time's Pulse will not activate. 3 is not max the cooldown count. 4 is not max cooldown counter either unless you have a Slaying Weapon.

4 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

My Lancina is +Atk +6, are there any specific builds she'd benefit from as she's likely to see some combat and I'm thinking of a Lucina theme team (kind of).

Anyone?

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Anyone?

I personally lean towards a Player Phase build and run Life and Death to draw Chills away from her allies.
+Spd
Geirskögul
Reposition
Moonbow
Life and Death
Desperation
(Any Drive)
(Any Drive) — Atk/Spd (if you need her visible Atk/Spd to be higher to soak Chills)

8 hours ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

What is a good build for brave princess Lucina with a flaw in attack and a benefit to resistance? Is this usually a more aggressive or a defensive unit? How good are her basic skills for her? Is she more enemy phase or player phase?

-Atk is perfectly fine if you wish to use her as a support unit. While -Atk would not help her soak Chill Atk, having a low Atk will give her more synergy with Eliwood: Blazing Knight so she is not competing with the tank for the buffs.

If you want her to handle some combat as well, then -Atk would not be ideal. She is best as a Player Phase unit and I recommend the above build. Her best Asset in my opinion is Spd. Lets her double more, synergizes with BK:Eliwood better, and still good for soaking Chills.

For pure support, -Atk is not big deal, and is probably preferred if you run BK!Eliwood.
+Spd
Geirskögul
Reposition
Moonbow
Speed +3
(Any Chills)
(Any Drive)
(Any Drive) — Speed+3 (if you need her visible Spd to be higher to soak Chills)

Edited by XRay

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

I personally lean towards a Player Phase build and run Life and Death to draw Chills away from her allies.
Geirskögul
Reposition
Moonbow
Life and Death
Desperation
(Any Drive)
(Any Drive) — Atk/Spd (if you need her visible Atk/Spd to be higher to soak Chills)

That's so funny XD

She's currently running her lance with it's native refine +L and D 3, I was thinking Lull Spd/Def 3 and maybe keeping her drive Atk and Initiate Speed 3 S Seal (for a grand total of 61/48 Atk/Spd) she is obviously +6 as I said so hopefully not too hard to fit into a team.

2 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

That's so funny XD

She's currently running her lance with it's native refine +L and D 3, I was thinking Lull Spd/Def 3 and maybe keeping her drive Atk and Initiate Speed 3 S Seal (for a grand total of 61/48 Atk/Spd) she is obviously +6 as I said so hopefully not too hard to fit into a team.

I guess Lulls are fine if she does not face combat often, although it is expensive and I am not sure it is worth it on a support unit compared to a combat unit with Desperation on their Weapon. I still prefer Desperation just incase she needs to face multiple dragons, since I do not think her low Res can reliably take more than 1 counter attack from dragons.

39 minutes ago, Poco Lypso said:

What is the bestter set up for Lysithea?

SS3 + SS2 seal and moonbow or LAD4 and AOE special?

If you are willing to spend on her, then go for a Blazing build.

Hades Ω
Reposition
Blazing Wind — Blazing Light — Growing Wind
Life and Death
Special Spiral
(Any C) — Savage Blow
Hardy Bearing — Attack +3

I recommend giving her both Blazing Wind, Growing Wind, as well as Blazing Light if you can afford it. Blazing Light is 5* exclusive unfortunately, but if you do not mind spending Grails, Oliver and Xander has Blazing Light. Those are the most useful patterns for Abyssal in my opinion.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, XRay said:

If you are willing to spend on her, then go for a Blazing build.

Hades

Reposition

Blazing Wind -- Blazing Light -- Growing Wind

Life and Death

Special Spiral

(Any C) -- Savage Blow

Hardy Bearing -- Attack +3

I recommend giving her both Blazing Wind, Growing Wind, as well as Blazing Light if you can afford it. Blazing Light is 5* exclusive unfortunately, but if you do not mind spending Grails, Oliver and Xander has Blazing Light. Those are the most useful patterns for Abyssal in my opinion.

are you sure about that c-skill? wouldn't keeping time pulse be better?

8 minutes ago, Poco Lypso said:

are you sure about that c-skill? wouldn't keeping time pulse be better?

Time's Pulse will only work on the first turn. Time's Pulse will not work with Special Spiral. Time's Pulse only works when the Special count is at maximum. Since Special Spiral will always reduce the count to below maximum, I do not think it is really worth it to run Time's Pulse only to have it work for 1 turn at the start, unless a map specifically calls for it.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Time's Pulse will only work on the first turn. Time's Pulse will not work with Special Spiral. Time's Pulse only works when the Special count is at maximum. Since Special Spiral will always reduce the count to below maximum, I do not think it is really worth it to run Time's Pulse only to have work for only 1 turn at the start, unless a map specifically calls for it.

thanks for the insight - will think about it!

What are the current sources of Ephemera 4 codes? After getting the TT ones, I only have 290 - I'd thought it was supposed to be 290 before the TT ones. Did I miss any that aren't still available?

21 hours ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

What is a good build for brave princess Lucina with a flaw in attack and a benefit to resistance? Is this usually a more aggressive or a defensive unit? How good are her basic skills for her? Is she more enemy phase or player phase?

Brave Lucina is typically considered to be a support unit due to refined Geirskogul's effect, and if you're using her for support, her Asset and Flaw don't really matter.

For combat purposes, her lower defenses make her more inclined for player-phase use.

As for her default skills, you generally want to replace Aether and Sturdy Blow. Aether is too slow to be useful, though it does help for scoring in any mode that uses Arena scoring and is cheaper than other options since she already has it, but should otherwise be replaced with a 2-cooldown Special (though Galeforce is a niche option). Sturdy Blow should be replaced with a skill that boosts Atk and Spd instead.

Her default C skill, Drive Spd, is fine to keep since it pairs well with her weapon's effect, but you can replace it with any other Drive or Drive-like skill that makes sense for your team composition. Fill in her B slot with either a Chill skill (for pure support) or Desperation (for hybrid support-combat).

20 hours ago, Steilison said:

I managed to pull Igrene +SPD is she common in IP teams as well?

She would be common if she weren't relatively new. But, yes, she is good for Infantry Pulse teams.

Her main draw is the fact that she's red, which allows her to more easily counter the green tanks that are used to counter the more common Ophelia.

14 hours ago, Poco Lypso said:

What is the bestter set up for Lysithea?

SS3 + SS2 seal and moonbow or LAD4 and AOE special?

AoE Special builds are typically considered to be the strongest in the game due AoE Specials having the same damage as Astra and ignoring in-combat stat boosts.

However, they are soft-countered by units running Guard, Special Fighter, tier 4 Stances, etc. due to the fact that they will prevent the Special from activating on the next round of combat. (They are also hard-countered by Nagi's weapon.)

Slaying Time's Pulse builds like Lysithea's base kit are worse at dealing with in-combat stat boosts, but don't care about Guard-like skills.

Edited by Ice Dragon

6 hours ago, Othin said:

What are the current sources of Ephemera 4 codes? After getting the TT ones, I only have 290 - I'd thought it was supposed to be 290 before the TT ones. Did I miss any that aren't still available?

Posted this in the General thread yesterday, but 290 is the correct figure for now, including the TT.

We're projected to get to 650 by the end of the 'season', unless there's a set of login bonuses like there was for last season.

Reference

I think I have to credit Serenes Forest Forums for my building of at least 50% of my units by now...

So, who among the below would be a good idea to build? I selected the units that I think would be the biggest boons to my army and that are reasonably able to be +10ed without having to spend on banners. And also I have to like them to some extent. So no, fuck off Reinhardt.

Spoiler

Athena (+Spd) Desperation and Wo Dao on the same weapon looks pretty great. I think if she had Flashing Blade in some fashion, she could make deadly work of it. Wrath would probably be a necessity as well...

Laslow (+Atk) I'm pretty sure he is capable of being just as strong as Altina while also being able to benefit from powerful skills AND can act as support... only thing about him is that if I +10 him, I'll have no choice but to also +10...

Selena (+Atk) I think she has some surprisingly good bulk, and I mean I seem to almost only encounter Armors in Arena Assault. Her Atk being low can be an issue, but... nah no it isn't, even at +2 with an asset she still hits 46 Atk, which is still able to do a dent into enemies while also remaining low enough to trigger her Prf effect.

Cain (+Spd or +Atk) I think he can be similar to Laslow, but without the benefit of powerful skills... and also lower Atk... and no Support potential...

Henry (+Res or +Atk) I've liked using Sophia, and Henry looks like he's just as bulky if sorely lacking in Atk... but hey, his Prf refine does fix that! Kinda...

Roderick (+Spd or +Atk) Looks pretty good on paper, only issue would be foes who run Null C-Disrupt... which thinking about I don't see often enough...

Peri (+Spd) She could probably run Galeforce to good results. You'd be surprised how few units I have that on...

Libra (+Spd) ...look he's due for a Prf at some point, it's gonna be the Bolt Axe and it's gonna have Adeptive damage plus something else, probably Wo Dao effect. He'll be good, otherwise they're completely ruining the legacy of the Lightning weapons by blatantly ignoring it.

Frederick (+Atk) Before a certain someone chimes in (you know who you are... also hi!), I'm gonna use him with his refined Prf if I go down this route. There's too much potential for OHKOs to just ignore. Also I'm good on defensive greens, thanks.

Gordin (+Atk) I wonder if his refine stacks with Lull Atk/Def...?

Klein (+Spd or +Atk) The difference between Klein and Gordin is that one sports Speed, the other sports power and major Def debuffs.

Virion (+HP) He has two HP+5 skills, +4 merge, and 6 Dragonflowers on him, and he sits at 63 HP. Eat your heart out Aversa.

Setsuna (+Spd) Surely she's due for a refine at some point to, right?

Gaius (+Atk) I had some... still-mixing concrete plans to +10 him at some point long before he got a lolipop for a refine. And well... those plans are still mixing, but now I need to work around his new refine, since otherwise he'll just be a dagger weaker than Sothe.

Lissa (+Res) I have +10ed Owain, Odin, and Ophelia. The family is almost complete...!

Mercedes (+Atk) I most certainly do NOT have enough copies of her to just +10 her right now, but she's officially demoted now, so it'll only be a matter of time!

6 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Posted this in the General thread yesterday, but 290 is the correct figure for now, including the TT.

We're projected to get to 650 by the end of the 'season', unless there's a set of login bonuses like there was for last season.

Reference

That's good, thanks! I guess I misunderstood the reference to 290 and what it included.

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Athena (+Spd) Desperation and Wo Dao on the same weapon looks pretty great. I think if she had Flashing Blade in some fashion, she could make deadly work of it. Wrath would probably be a necessity as well...

I do not think she needs Flashing Blade. I would just stick with Brazen Atk/Spd or Swift Sparrow on her Sacred Seal slot.

For her B, Wrath is decent, but you can also go for Special Spiral. If you frequently use her for multiple rounds of combat during a single turn, Special Spiral is better in my opinion. If you just use her for combat once per turn, Wrath is better.

Laslow (+Atk) I'm pretty sure he is capable of being just as strong as Altina while also being able to benefit from powerful skills AND can act as support... only thing about him is that if I +10 him, I'll have no choice but to also +10...

He can be pretty decent with Kaden and Mordecai supporting him from the back. BH!Lucina and Peony can work too, although you will have to figure out the visible buffs portion.

Selena (+Atk) I think she has some surprisingly good bulk, and I mean I seem to almost only encounter Armors in Arena Assault. Her Atk being low can be an issue, but... nah no it isn't, even at +2 with an asset she still hits 46 Atk, which is still able to do a dent into enemies while also remaining low enough to trigger her Prf effect.

Should be fine against green armor units, especially with Triangle Adept. Just make sure she runs Axebreaker so she can go against Wary Fighter more efficiently.

Cain (+Spd or +Atk) I think he can be similar to Laslow, but without the benefit of powerful skills... and also lower Atk... and no Support potential...

He is very good for Røkkr sieges, and he is not vulnerable to bows, unlike the White Wings.

Henry (+Res or +Atk) I've liked using Sophia, and Henry looks like he's just as bulky if sorely lacking in Atk... but hey, his Prf refine does fix that! Kinda...

Henry +Res +10+10 completely avoids triggering Bramimond's Void Tome. If he gets Resplendent stats in the future, then he should stick with +10+0 or +5+10 if you still want him to avoid triggering Bramimond.

Roderick (+Spd or +Atk) Looks pretty good on paper, only issue would be foes who run Null C-Disrupt... which thinking about I don't see often enough...

Foes who run Null C-Disrupt should not be handled by Firesweepers anyways, so it is not a huge issue.

Peri (+Spd) She could probably run Galeforce to good results. You'd be surprised how few units I have that on...

She is pretty good, with a similar stat spread compared to Cordelia with Slaying Lance. Peri is a bit worse at the start of battle though since her HP would be at max, so Cordelia is a still a bit better with better consistency.

Libra (+Spd) ...look he's due for a Prf at some point, it's gonna be the Bolt Axe and it's gonna have Adeptive damage plus something else, probably Wo Dao effect. He'll be good, otherwise they're completely ruining the legacy of the Lightning weapons by blatantly ignoring it.

He can work as a nuke or tank, so he is pretty flexible. Not a huge fan of Harmonic Weapons though since it is not as consistent as Slaying Weapons.

Frederick (+Atk) Before a certain someone chimes in (you know who you are... also hi!), I'm gonna use him with his refined Prf if I go down this route. There's too much potential for OHKOs to just ignore. Also I'm good on defensive greens, thanks.

Triple Death Blow is nice, and since he is a pony, he can also run Lull Def/Stat for more damage. If you do not mind a little more hassle of setting things up, double Brazen Atk/Def 3 gives 2 more Atk compared to double Death Blow 3.

Gordin (+Atk) I wonder if his refine stacks with Lull Atk/Def...?

Skills stack unless they say it does not.

Klein (+Spd or +Atk) The difference between Klein and Gordin is that one sports Speed, the other sports power and major Def debuffs.

Klein +Atk is superior to Gordin +Atk. Klein's ability to quad more than makes up for Gordin's Atk+5 lead. I would go with Spd Refinement over special Refinement since Chill Def can be offloaded to a Dancer/Singer.

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Virion (+HP) He has two HP+5 skills, +4 merge, and 6 Dragonflowers on him, and he sits at 63 HP. Eat your heart out Aversa.

Virion is more consistent with his Panic, but his debuff is also weaker since it is only Panic. Aversa is less consistent, but her debuffs are more powerful as it also include stat debuffs.

Setsuna (+Spd) Surely she's due for a refine at some point to, right?

I would wait before building her. My Setsuna is still doing okay in Arena Assault, but I do not think she can handle more rigorous recent content too well.

Gaius (+Atk) I had some... still-mixing concrete plans to +10 him at some point long before he got a lolipop for a refine. And well... those plans are still mixing, but now I need to work around his new refine, since otherwise he'll just be a dagger weaker than Sothe.

I think Sothe is still slightly better. Gaius hits harder on his regular attacks if the enemy is at full HP, but Sothe is vastly more consistent and has access to Barbed Shuriken for consistent Special triggers.

Lissa (+Res) I have +10ed Owain, Odin, and Ophelia. The family is almost complete...!

At such a young age, she has the potential to be somebody's great grandma.

Mercedes (+Atk) I most certainly do NOT have enough copies of her to just +10 her right now, but she's officially demoted now, so it'll only be a matter of time!

She is decent Res buffer with Even Res Wave.

Is study impact popular because of aether raid defence only?

Impacts are primarily used in Aether Raids defense or any AI defense team. 

For units under a player's control, Impacts are for primarily for Player Phase units with guaranteed follow-ups on Player Phase. Tibarn already comes with Sturdy Impact, but he could also do well with Mirror Impact. Ephraim and Flora would also work well with an Impact skill. For dual phase units with guaranteed follow-ups on both phases, they typically use Solos instead of Impacts.

Impacts are also useful in Røkkr Sieges to help Galeforcers preserve their bulk, although it is an expensive option and it oftentimes is not necessary.

Null C-disrupt is quite popular as well, its for firesweep but is it worth the B slot?

In my opinion, it is not worth it on a super tank. Firesweep nukes do not do a lot of damage to them, so it is better to pack a more defensive B skill to help the tank against more threatening nukes.

For other tanks with other roles though, it could be really helpful. You can have a Raven mage with Null C-Disrupt to help take out annoying Firesweep archers and staff units.

Edited by XRay

So I got Kid Marth as a -Atk/+Def.  I am kind of curious to know if that's ultra bad or okay and workable for most casual content.  Since I don't want to push my luck getting merges and I don't think we'll be seeing him anytime again soon once his banner ends...

2 hours ago, Alistair said:

I'm trying to build a +ATK Soren. But I'm not sure what special to put on him. Right now it's between Iceberg and Draconic Aura. Any suggestions?

Moonbow.  It's a much more reliable special because it'll go off more frequently than other specials, especially since Sothe is more a player phase unit.

6 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So I got Kid Marth as a -Atk/+Def.  I am kind of curious to know if that's ultra bad or okay and workable for most casual content.  Since I don't want to push my luck getting merges and I don't think we'll be seeing him anytime again soon once his banner ends...

It is pretty bad for Counter-Vantage. He can still one shot cavalry since many are squishy, but he is going to have more trouble against armor units.

He should still do fine as a Player Phase unit though. 33 Atk is still decent.

3 hours ago, Alistair said:

I'm trying to build a +ATK Soren. But I'm not sure what special to put on him. Right now it's between Iceberg and Draconic Aura. Any suggestions?

Player Phase units normally do not run high cooldown Specials. It is usually slow tanks that do. However, Soren is more suitable as a Spd tank if you plan to use him as an Enemy Phase unit, so he runs low cooldown Specials like most Player Phase units. As an Enemy Phase unit, he also needs +Spd, not +Atk.

For Player Phase, +Atk mage generally run one shot builds.That is either in the form of Blazing mages, Infantry Pulsed Iceberg/Glacies, or Counter-Vantage.

If you plan to run him as a Blade mage with Desperation, then +Spd is better than +Atk, so I will just switch over the nature when you get a +Spd copy. While he would not activate his Special often, he should still run Moonbow or Glimmer to try to trigger it as often as possible.

If you are just sticking with a support build with Wind's Brand, then just go with Moonbow.

If you really like Soren, you can also just build 2 copies with different natures. Soren is pretty cheap, and while his skill fodder has some demand, it is not super high so you will eventually accumulate a lot of him.

Player Phase:

Spoiler

Regular Player Phase:
+Spd
Gronnblade
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)
As a regular Blade mage, +Atk is not necessary since Soren already gets so much of it from his Blade tome. +Spd is better for more reliable doubles.

Blazing nuke:
+Atk
Madness Flask — Wind's Brand
Atk Refinement
Reposition
Blazing Wind — Growing Wind — Blazing Light
Life and Death
Special Spiral
(Any C) — Savage Blow
Heavy Blade
I highly recommend Madness Flask over Wind's Brand, but if it is too expensive, Wind's Brand should be okay, it just that it would not work as well. For Specials, I recommend inheriting all three area Specials I mentioned, as these three are the most useful patterns in my opinion. Blazing Light is 5* exclusive though, but if you do not mind spending Grails, Oliver and Xander got Blazing Light.

Infantry Pulse'd Iceberg/Glacies:
+Atk
Buoyboard — Madness Flask — Wind's Brand
Res Refinement
Reposition
Iceberg — Glacies
Mirror Impact
Lull Spd/Res
Time's Pulse — Savage Blow
Mirror Strike (not yet released) — Death Blow
Make sure he has Infantry Pulse allies. Keep in mind this build is strictly for AI defense teams. In player hands, this build is unwieldy since Soren will not be able to fight properly after killing one enemy. I recommend Buoyboard if you plan to give him buffs. If you do not plan to give him buffs, then Madness Flask would be better. If you cannot afford either, Wind's Brand is a budget option. Since Mirror Strike is not out yet on the Sacred Seal slot, just run Death Blow as a substitute for now.

Support:

Spoiler

Chill Support:
+Atk/Spd/Res
Wind's Brand
Spd Refinement (with Life and Death) — Res Refinement
Reposition
Moonbow
Fort. Def/Res — Fury — Life and Death
(Any Chill)
(Any C) — (Any Ploy)
(Any Chill)
+Atk/Spd with Spd Refinemnt and Life and Death are for soaking Atk/Spd chills, so do not run it with Ploys.

Sabotage Support:
+Res
Wind's Brand
Res Refinement
Reposition
Moonbow
Fort. Def/Res
(Any Sabotage)
(Any C) — (Any Ploy)
Fortress Res — (Any Chill)

Counter-Vantage:
+Atk
Gronnblade
Reposition
Moonbow
Close Counter
Vantage
(Any C) — Savage Blow — Res Smoke
Brazen Atk/Spd

Enemy Phase Spd/Res Tank:
+Spd
Gronnserpent — Sandwiches!
Spd Refinement
Reposition — Swap
Moonbow
Swift Stance (Tier 3 not out yet)
Lull Atk/Spd — Quick Riposte
(Any C) — Atk Smoke — Pulse Smoke — Panic Smoke
Quick Riposte — Swift Stance

40 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I am wondering which is better for OG!Caeda  +ATK or +SPD?  

I normally recommend +Spd for most Player Phase units, but I lean towards +Atk for Caeda and other low Atk units like her since they really needs that Atk to kill things. For Caeda, it is also a super Asset.

Edited by XRay