"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I also don't have SS Fodder which is why I'm not considering Kronya.

I recommend Null C-Disrupt over Special Spiral. Special Spiral just turns her more into a regular Counter-Vantage unit, which plenty of other Counter-Vantage units can do better. In my opinion, Null C-Disrupt is where Kronya shines since unlike most Counter-Vantage units, she can take a hit AND use Vantage against Firesweepers, and those differences are huge in my opinion.

That being said, I still would not recommend investing in Kronya unless you are prepared to dump a huge sum of resources on her. She is extremely expensive to build and utilize, as she needs Close Counter and Null C-Disrupt at the bare minimum, and she may also want Pulse Smoke if you do not need Savage Blow. She also wants 2 AMH!Hectors and 2 Altinas as teammates, and they are all 5* exclusives units.

11 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Fire away. Give other suggestions if you like.

Not sure I can give much useful suggestions since we have very different play styles. I am personally not a huge fan of healing on a combat unit since the healing skills on a combat unit is just far inferior to the healing capabilities of a dedicated healer.

In my opinion, I think Serra and Odin would be the best candidates for Close Counter.

While Serra is sort of a combat unit like most of the rest, Serra is also a support unit first and foremost. Everyone else with Minty Cane just feels like a worse Serra. Combat performance wise, then sure, they are technically better, but they lack Serra's support ability. For PvP, I am not too confident that those builds are too viable; for PvE, while their BST advantage over Serra certainly helps for combat performance, based on what I have seen in your videos, if you can make Matthew work wonders, I think Serra's versatility is more important than her raw combat performance.

Odin is a pure combat unit plain and simple. He is much more in line with what I am used to using, although I personally would not use his special Refinement and Links if he is meant to be a pure combat and if you already got VS!Azura. However, if you need a buffer that can also fight, Omni Link Odin does sound like a good choice, especially for Limited Hero Battles where you cannot bring VS!Azura, so Odin is a good replacement for her for Fates characters.

Personally, I lean towards Serra since I think she fits your playstyle the most and would give you the most versatility. Odin is not bad either as a combat buffer and might pair well with Matthew, as they target Res and Def respectively and can both hit really hard with the enough buffs/debuffs for their Blade effect. The other candidates just feels like a worse Serra in my opinion.

For Serra's build, I recommend using Rouse Atk/Spd, Atk/Spd Oath, or Joint Hone Atk. I am not a huge fan of Waves due to their unreliability unless you are running both parity Waves at the same time. For Serra's Sacred Seal, I recommend Steady Posture since Serra already got enough Res and having more Spd may help her avoid doubles better, as well as performing more doubles herself to heal herself more.

Similarly for Odin, I would replace his Wave skill with a Rouse, Oath, or Joint. Alternatively, Odin can run Atk Smoke and Spd Smoke and have him nuke somebody, then have Matthew Swap or Reposition Odin; then on Enemy Phase, after one round of combat with Matthew, all the enemies in the local area would be max debuffed so Odin and Matthew will both hit insanely hard no matter which unit the enemy chooses to fight.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zeo Another thing to add on to what @XRay said about Kronya is that if you're not very interested in AR there's not much point in building her; her strong points are only truly relevant for that mode. Her actual firepower even with Spiral isn't actually that impressive, and the NCD build doesn't do you much good often in Abyssals or Arena. She is built around chip damage cheese. If you really want to build her at some point, though, you don't really need HHector since Fallen Takumi is free and can do the required job, but HHector is definitely much better.

I'd recommend you build Sophia at some point since she is good even without Resplendent, but I wouldn't put CC on her anyway because there are a lot of melee matchups that are simply impractical to win for her nowadays, even amongst greens. I'd rather take better performance vs other ranged units.

I have a +10 WCecilia with CC myself. She runs Special Fighter instead for instant Noontime (or Sol when I run Barbed) instead of Bold, though. She has Broadleaf Fan now and she does destroy things. Recently I switched to Darting Stance on her so that she stacks up to 40 Spd with a +6 boost lol, and more if I give her support from Kaden or something. But since you don't like her as much, WJaffar can do about the same thing except he's coloured, and has better Spd and worse Res, so you'd stack Res instead probably. If you plan on keeping Minty Cane, I recommend Glimmer or something instead, since this sort of set is actually surprisingly vulnerable to missing kills.

I think the Serra choice is pretty fun though, and actually practical with LEliwood support. A good passion project. Not a huge fan of the rest.

57 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@Alexmender @DLNarshen @mampfoid @Kaden @Landmaster @SatsumaFSoysoy @XRay @daisy jane

So I think I've settled on keeping the +ATK Nah.... but the time will probably come where I decide at the end of the month during the MHB. So we'll see.

So another question, I've finally hit those 1,600 codes and immediately grabbed Xander... thing is I knew exactly what I wanted to do with him but now I'm... questioning my choice and evaluating possibilities. It's been a long time since I've had CC fodder so I'm deliberating and asking for advice and presenting choices.

First off, I basically never use my H!Henry or LA!Lyn so they're out. Sophia is basically a can't do without resplendent for me at this point, I'm not interested in OG Henry and after seeing all those +10's and shiny new units (particualrly F!Lyon) Faye with CC no longer interests me. I also don't have SS Fodder which is why I'm not considering Kronya.

So... I'll present for the most part what I'm looking at. All at once though.

Hide contents

vM71xpH.pngF3pj5jy.pngJXEbV7E.png

Serra: The original plan. Since I first built her and did my Sothis clear with the Absorb+ staff the idea of a CC Serra has never stopped being appealing, or rather a goal. I know she's not the bulkiest but she sounds like a ton of fun and she's got lots of options. Mystic Boost being the most appealing for me personally and I don't have the fodder just yet but we'll get there. She could run Brazens in the seal slot in case she gets a bit dangerous in the health area and her C skill utility varies, obviously this is what I was going to do with the CC fodder as soon as I got it, I'm just not jumping the gun quite yet.

Odin: A pretty old idea but the idea of tossing Odin into a group of enemies via reposition and watching him nuke them is pretty fun. His bulk is kinda lukewarm but his speed is passable (particularly when buffed) and the mixed bulk makes him impervious to dragons. 

W!Jaffar: This is probably one of the funnest builds to me personally. Jaffar's got the bulk and speed naturally and has enough kick to kill without an offensive special and even if he doesn't there's pretty much no way anything not red can kill him with this build. The funnest thing about this build is the idea that it's actually possible. I've got a spare B!Ephraim for special fighter so I could actually do this if I wanted. Only thing is his movement sucks.

ICEClgV.pngMF81iaB.png1LVxw5i.png

Chad: This one is more of a guilty pleasure. You'll never be able to convince me that Chad is Matthew's son and him following in his dad's footsteps as an omnitank/distraction is incredibly appealing. He's moderately fast and strong and the Minty Cane/Mystic Boost combination would make him a downright cockroach. ATK Smoke is a given and the seal has a lot of versatility as always. Armored Blow for a better time against DC units, a Brazen for when things get tough. He also benefits like Odin from being impervious to dragons due to his perfect mixed bulk.

Kaze: A much less appealing choice for me than Chad but probably a much more practical one. A +RES Kaze with Mystic Boost is pretty much a glorified Falchion as far as dragons are concerned. Minty Cane+ and Mystic Boost make him a cockroach and ATK Smoke helps him out if he needs to fight physical units that can retaliate. Fortress RES could propel him into 50 RES which is pretty much nonsense also. Only thing is... he doesn't really want to fight physical units even with his double healing. It feels wasteful to put CC on him for that reason. Close Ward seems like it would be the perfect skill for him in that regard.

W!Cecillia: We're being optimal again. W!Cecillia is a less fun choice than Jaffar but potentially a more effective one. Minty Cane is really just here, Barb Shuriken+ would guarantee one round Glacies which is just disgusting as you well know. She's just nonesense when she's decked out and I do in fact have Bold Fighter fodder as well. A boring choice though, to be sure. Something I'd probably rather do... say... when I have 2 or 3 CC fodders instead.

For general stuff I'd say Serra gets the most out of CC. She's one of the anchors of your clear teams so it's certain you'll be able to make the best out of Serra and CC will open the doors to whole new strats to tackle PvE content. 

For Kaze it's either trying to salvage his awful Def with a Close Foil build (would not recommend), go Player Phase or wait for Close Ward.

I have W!Cecilia at +9 and use her in my Astra AR team, so I can elaborate a bit more about her. She's super expensive to build and her team requirements are real steep so I wouldn't recommend her unless you're willing to go all the way with her. Now, if you do the payoff is huge. For skills she's going to need Broadleaf Fan (or the Wo Dao Carrot if you are on a budget), Noontime, Special Fighter (Bold Fighter is only for AR-D where you want to scare people of trying to approach, and for such builds DB4 is better), Pulse Smoke I'm settling with Atk Smoke atm because I lack the fodder, Fierce Stance seal. 

For teammates, W!Cecilia requires a Smite bot and Sabotage/Panic support. If you want to be fancy Duo Idunn is also a good partner to get rid of her Armor weakness. Mordecai is, imo, the best Smite bot in the game and he synergizes perfectly with Cecilia. He's "easy" to obtain so that's one part of the team down. Sabotage support is where things get iffy. The best supporters are going to be high Res Dagger users so they are able to run Temari+ and Sabotage Def (which is only available on S!Lilina as of right now)...not really viable unless you're whaling. Panic is a little easier to pull off with Aversa but if the enemy doesn't use field buffs then you're getting nothing out of her and it'll be a waste of a slot. 

As you can see, W!Cecilia is a "Go strong or go home, kid" type of unit so I'd say don't go with Cecilia unless you're ready to go all the way in to make her godly. 

That leaves W!Jaffar. I think his good Spd tier will allow him to remain relevant for a good while, and being green is a good thing for PvP because blue/colorless are the dominant colors for defense teams Gee, I wonder why the new anti-meta Lyon is green and has a Raven tome effect. While not as bulky as Cecilia, his Spd will help him hold his ground for either cockroach builds or PP setups that don't involve Bold Fighter. The only weakness I see on him is being in a pretty bad spot when trying to take on things like Thrasir/Sothis, but that's nothing Hardy Bearing can't fix. For PvE, just be careful about Armorsmashers/Panic/annoying 50+ Spd Fafnirs and you'll be fine.

TL;DR: I feel it's either Serra or W!Jaffar. Think on who you're going to use more and go with them, that way you'll make the most out of CC.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Personally, I always go with Moonbow over Glimmer if resource permits. I did use a lot of Glimmer in the past when building counter units for Arena Assault to save on Moonbow, but now that I am no longer short on Moonbow, I just use Moonbow whenever possible.

My reasoning is that any unit that you are targeting that has low Def/Res usually does not need a Special trigger to be killed, while units with high Def/Res usually does need a Special trigger to be killed. Moonbow not being very effective against low Def/Res units is not really a huge issue since you will kill them anyways, but Glimmer not being very effective against tanks is a huge problem.

That makes sense, but I was thinking that if a unit is capable of doing a lot of damage in general that Glimmer would be better than Moonbow. So, -blade mages, T-Adept or dedicated anti-whatever units, Duma and spoopy Myrrh running DC and Special Fighter for on-counter special shenanigans, maybe Gunnthra and Ursula, and possibly Lysithea and the sweaty Corrins and Lilith -- not so sure on Corrin and Lilith. Non-blade mages and dragons with good offensives too considering they target resistance which is usually lower than defense, but we are being introduced to newer units with more HP to work with and their low resistance might not be as low as gen 1 or gen 2 units, so it would be better to make sure they are actually doing damage instead of multiplying no or very little damage. Another which is more for PvE, units with very high HP despite targeting their low Def/Res.

Anyway, my problem was wondering if Annette fit into that area of a unit capable of doing a lot of damage in general. I think the answer is yes, she can do a lot of damage, but not all the time.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

If you are tank busting, +Atk is usually better. Most tanks dump Spd, so there is not really a need to go +Spd unless your tank buster is slow or something.

If you want Hana to kill Spd tanks or kill things in general, +Spd is better for that. +Atk is not going to help her with Spd tanks, so you want +Spd for that to help her double them. +Spd is also good for overall matchups in general, and Spd creep is the most significant stat creep. HP/Atk/Def/Res all go up too, but their impact is much less than Spd.

I think I want her to kill things in general while also being an anti-armor unit when needed.

Man, I feel like I'm facing a tough dilemma right now.

Should I...
A. Pull for Young Marth and hope to +10 him? I already dropped 111 orbs on the banner and got 0 of him and 2 off-focus pitybreakers so far and will have about 400 orbs (from on-hand and mail orbs) by the last day of the banner. Anniversary unit, iconic character to the franchise, and I do want a new Arena/PvE unit. If I do succeed, I would have additional reason to even consider going down the Jugdral Divine Codes path (for the Lewyn (for Marth) and Dancer Ishtar manuals (for Brave Lyn)). It's also unknown if he would be available as a 4-star Focus if the banner were to be run next year so I'm going with the assumption that he'll be 5*-Focus only on the banner rerun unless I missed something.

B. Continue saving for Summer Lyn merges and possibly final Bride Cordelia merge? Lyn is at +3 merge and Bride Cordelia is at +8 merge (I do intend to pick up the limited manual of Bride Cordelia). Obvious waifu bias is obvious.

Edited by Roflolxp54

59 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

For skills she's going to need Broadleaf Fan (or the Wo Dao Carrot if you are on a budget), Noontime

Before I got Broadleaf, I ran Barb Dagger Sol instead, and I thought it was pretty decent. It does heal more than the Carrot with Noontime to keep Special Fighter up, but not as much firepower for sure. I also run her in Astra but things have been hard for her...

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

That makes sense, but I was thinking that if a unit is capable of doing a lot of damage in general that Glimmer would be better than Moonbow. So, -blade mages, T-Adept or dedicated anti-whatever units, Duma and spoopy Myrrh running DC and Special Fighter for on-counter special shenanigans, maybe Gunnthra and Ursula, and possibly Lysithea and the sweaty Corrins and Lilith -- not so sure on Corrin and Lilith. Non-blade mages and dragons with good offensives too considering they target resistance which is usually lower than defense, but we are being introduced to newer units with more HP to work with and their low resistance might not be as low as gen 1 or gen 2 units, so it would be better to make sure they are actually doing damage instead of multiplying no or very little damage. Another which is more for PvE, units with very high HP despite targeting their low Def/Res.

Anyway, my problem was wondering if Annette fit into that area of a unit capable of doing a lot of damage in general. I think the answer is yes, she can do a lot of damage, but not all the time.

While Glimmer does do better in situations where you deal high damage, I am not sure if a Special trigger is necessary to kill things in that situation. Glimmer is good for ensuring kills against foes that the unit is built to hard counter against, but in most cases that level of overkill not really necessary.

If Annette is dealing 40 damage per hit (assuming she got 60 Atk against a unit with 20 Def/Res), I do not think Glimmer's higher damage output really matters unless the foe got like over 86 HP where Moonbow fails to kill.

You could just inherit both anyways since it does not hurt to have a back up, as both Moonbow and Glimmer are usually in plentiful supply.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

I think I want her to kill things in general while also being an anti-armor unit when needed.

Depends on which role you want to prioritize more. Since you also want her to deal with killing things in general, I would prioritize that over tank busting since tank busting is more niche.

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Man, I feel like I'm facing a tough dilemma right now.

Should I...
A. Pull for Young Marth and hope to +10 him? I already dropped 111 orbs on the banner and got 0 of him and 2 off-focus pitybreakers so far and will have about 400 orbs (from on-hand and mail orbs) by the last day of the banner. Anniversary unit, iconic character to the franchise, and I do want a new Arena/PvE unit. If I do succeed, I would have additional reason to even consider going down the Jugdral Divine Codes path (for the Lewyn (for Marth) and Dancer Ishtar manuals (for Brave Lyn)). It's also unknown if he would be available as a 4-star Focus if the banner were to be run next year so I'm going with the assumption that he'll be 5*-Focus only on the banner rerun unless I missed something.

B. Continue saving for Summer Lyn merges and possibly final Bride Cordelia merge? Lyn is at +3 merge and Bride Cordelia is at +8 merge (I do intend to pick up the limited manual of Bride Cordelia). Obvious waifu bias is obvious.

If you are going with The Start of It All Marth, I lean towards Null C-Disrupt over Special Spiral. Special Spiral would only make him do more damage compared to a Blade mage or Meister user against only the right foes. Against everyone else, Rapier-Special Spiral does not really do enough damage to ensure consistent kills without high merges, and the level of investment is not justified compared to a unit like Tharja who got higher damage output against everyone, is ranged, and is usually cheaper to merge since most veterans have tons of her by now. In my opinion, it makes more sense to offload his Atk to units that deals out of combat damage like AMH!Hector rather than trying to patch his Atk with a B slot skill. Ares can get away with it since he has Slaying effect on his Weapon to activate a stronger Special. TSOIA!Marth does not have Slaying effect to help him out.

Stat Comparisons:

Spoiler

TSOIA!Marth +10+5 (Atk 5; Spd 5)
+Atk (Atk 39; Spd 37)
Rapier (Atk 16; Spd 3)
Reposition
Hero's Blood (Atk 17 [58*0.3])
Distant Counter
Special Spiral
Def Smoke
Brazen Atk Spd (Atk 7; Spd 7)
Bonus buffs 6/6/6/6 (Atk 6; Spd 6)
Atk Total 90
Spd Total 58

Tharja +0+0
+Atk (35)
Tharja's Hex [Atk] (15)
Reposition
Moonbow
Close Counter
Vantage
Res Smoke
Brazen Atk Spd (7)
Bonus buffs 6/6/6/6 (Atk 30)
Atk Total 87
If Tharja is at +10+10, then she would have 93 Atk.

Between option A and B, I would just go with whichever unit suits your play style more. For example, while I do like Counter-Vantage units for their versatility, I still prefer Player Phase ranged units more, so I would personally go for SR!Lyn and BB!Cordelia. If you like Counter-Vantage units more, then I would go with TSOIA!Marth.

Edited by XRay

52 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

It's also unknown if he would be available as a 4-star Focus if the banner were to be run next year so I'm going with the assumption that he'll be 5*-Focus only on the banner rerun unless I missed something.

I am willing to bet a lot that reruns of banners with 4-star Focus units will still have their 4-star Focus.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Before I got Broadleaf, I ran Barb Dagger Sol instead, and I thought it was pretty decent. It does heal more than the Carrot with Noontime to keep Special Fighter up, but not as much firepower for sure. I also run her in Astra but things have been hard for her...

Barb+Sol is a very nice combo, and I was tempted to use it for the longest time but after trying a friend's Cecilia in AB that had said combo I felt that she left enemies on the brink of death too often, which is why I favor the Carrot+Noontime despite lower healing. WoM dancers bringing PTSD up to this day...

Yeah...Cecilia can run over stuff like armor maps and horse lines after killing the healer but Infantry Pulse teams and Restore traps are the bane of her existance. That and the whole armor mov=say goodbye to getting both Aether pots in time. 

5 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Barb+Sol is a very nice combo, and I was tempted to use it for the longest time but after trying a friend's Cecilia in AB that had said combo I felt that she left enemies on the brink of death too often, which is why I favor the Carrot+Noontime despite lower healing. WoM dancers bringing PTSD up to this day...

Yeah...Cecilia can run over stuff like armor maps and horse lines after killing the healer but Infantry Pulse teams and Restore traps are the bane of her existance. That and the whole armor mov=say goodbye to getting both Aether pots in time. 

Yeah, it happens sometimes. I missed a kill on an Ophelia before by 1 HP and lost lol.

Even now with Pulse Smoke, my WCecilia runs into problems here and there. Like how Thrasir can do 33x2 to her and just kill her when her B is active...

32 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah, it happens sometimes. I missed a kill on an Ophelia before by 1 HP and lost lol.

Even now with Pulse Smoke, my WCecilia runs into problems here and there. Like how Thrasir can do 33x2 to her and just kill her when her B is active...

Oh yeah, Thrasir can really do a number to her. Although I kinda found two answers for her. 1) Use Naga as bait to make Thrasir move far away from her friends while W!Cecilia takes them on (doesn't work for maps with overlapping ranges). 2) Give Cecilia the Hardy Bearing seal. 

I find option 2 more reliable because Broadleaf W!Cecilia's niche is one shotting stuff so she doesn't need the QR seal. It kinda falls flat for ungodly maps with 3 Dumas and 70+ Hp enemies and B!Ike, the former is pretty rare and Altina can take care of the latter. Sadly, Cecilia is going to be almost unusable for the next 2~3 weeks with F!Lyon around.

16 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Oh yeah, Thrasir can really do a number to her. Although I kinda found two answers for her. 1) Use Naga as bait to make Thrasir move far away from her friends while W!Cecilia takes them on (doesn't work for maps with overlapping ranges). 2) Give Cecilia the Hardy Bearing seal. 

I find option 2 more reliable because Broadleaf W!Cecilia's niche is one shotting stuff so she doesn't need the QR seal. It kinda falls flat for ungodly maps with 3 Dumas and 70+ Hp enemies and B!Ike, the former is pretty rare and Altina can take care of the latter. Sadly, Cecilia is going to be almost unusable for the next 2~3 weeks with F!Lyon around.

Overlapping ranges just kinda happens all the time nowadays. Next week I'm trying out Darting Stance seal with Tactics buff and Temari Tethys for an effective 45 Spd on WCecilia on EP (47 if I use Spd refine but not sure if I want to), and Kaden possibly bringing that up to 51 if I can afford to have him in position. I'm hoping that'll get me somewhere, and it has the additional benefit of preventing other kinds of doubles in case she doesn't one-shot (or even double the enemy if they're tanky or something). But if that doesn't work out that well I'll just swap to Hardy, yeah.

I haven't found Altina to be super reliable, but with FLyon bonus and her own bonus as well I guess may as well front her.

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

What staff does Lissa want more, Melancholy or Toasty Skewer.  I have both and want to know which if either staff had priority for SI.

They do very different things and have very different play styles, so I do not think they are comparable like between Pain and Melancholy are, or between Joyous Lantern and Toasty Skewer. If you use Lissa offensively, you want to use Melancholy. If you want her to sit back and buff tanks, you use Toasty Skewer.

Offensively though, I would still stick with Pain or Gravity. Melancholy is very useful for Røkkr Sieges and getting rid of charged Specials on bosses in PvE content, but for general purpose applications, Pain and Gravity are better in my opinion since PvE enemies usually do not have charged Specials. So if you give Lissa Melancholy, Pain and Gravity should still be her primary Weapon, and I would only take out Melancholy when facing against Røkkrs or enemies using pre-charged Specials.

Similarly, Toasty Skewer is not bad either, especially when paired with Physic for super tanks during Astra season, but outside of Aether Raids, I am not sure Toasty Skewer is that great for PvE content. Since Reinforcements often come from all sides for more difficult maps, I do not think Lissa can afford to just sit back and buff, so you will have to use her offensively and have a tank Reposition or Swap her back, and if you use her offensively, then you want to use Pain, Gravity, etc.

14 hours ago, Zeo said:

So I think I've settled on keeping the +ATK Nah.... but the time will probably come where I decide at the end of the month during the MHB. So we'll see.

So another question, I've finally hit those 1,600 codes and immediately grabbed Xander... thing is I knew exactly what I wanted to do with him but now I'm... questioning my choice and evaluating possibilities. It's been a long time since I've had CC fodder so I'm deliberating and asking for advice and presenting choices.

First off, I basically never use my H!Henry or LA!Lyn so they're out. Sophia is basically a can't do without resplendent for me at this point, I'm not interested in OG Henry and after seeing all those +10's and shiny new units (particualrly F!Lyon) Faye with CC no longer interests me. I also don't have SS Fodder which is why I'm not considering Kronya.

Hide contents

Serra: The original plan. Since I first built her and did my Sothis clear with the Absorb+ staff the idea of a CC Serra has never stopped being appealing, or rather a goal. I know she's not the bulkiest but she sounds like a ton of fun and she's got lots of options. Mystic Boost being the most appealing for me personally and I don't have the fodder just yet but we'll get there. She could run Brazens in the seal slot in case she gets a bit dangerous in the health area and her C skill utility varies, obviously this is what I was going to do with the CC fodder as soon as I got it, I'm just not jumping the gun quite yet.

Odin: A pretty old idea but the idea of tossing Odin into a group of enemies via reposition and watching him nuke them is pretty fun. His bulk is kinda lukewarm but his speed is passable (particularly when buffed) and the mixed bulk makes him impervious to dragons. 

W!Jaffar: This is probably one of the funnest builds to me personally. Jaffar's got the bulk and speed naturally and has enough kick to kill without an offensive special and even if he doesn't there's pretty much no way anything not red can kill him with this build. The funnest thing about this build is the idea that it's actually possible. I've got a spare B!Ephraim for special fighter so I could actually do this if I wanted. Only thing is his movement sucks.

Chad: This one is more of a guilty pleasure. You'll never be able to convince me that Chad is Matthew's son and him following in his dad's footsteps as an omnitank/distraction is incredibly appealing. He's moderately fast and strong and the Minty Cane/Mystic Boost combination would make him a downright cockroach. ATK Smoke is a given and the seal has a lot of versatility as always. Armored Blow for a better time against DC units, a Brazen for when things get tough. He also benefits like Odin from being impervious to dragons due to his perfect mixed bulk.

Kaze: A much less appealing choice for me than Chad but probably a much more practical one. A +RES Kaze with Mystic Boost is pretty much a glorified Falchion as far as dragons are concerned. Minty Cane+ and Mystic Boost make him a cockroach and ATK Smoke helps him out if he needs to fight physical units that can retaliate. Fortress RES could propel him into 50 RES which is pretty much nonsense also. Only thing is... he doesn't really want to fight physical units even with his double healing. It feels wasteful to put CC on him for that reason. Close Ward seems like it would be the perfect skill for him in that regard.

W!Cecillia: We're being optimal again. W!Cecillia is a less fun choice than Jaffar but potentially a more effective one. Minty Cane is really just here, Barb Shuriken+ would guarantee one round Glacies which is just disgusting as you well know. She's just nonesense when she's decked out and I do in fact have Bold Fighter fodder as well. A boring choice though, to be sure. Something I'd probably rather do... say... when I have 2 or 3 CC fodders instead.

Well, you know I'm going to go down with Serra~ CC Healers aren't necessarily a necessity but I do recommend having at least one. And considering how much you use her, I would say she should be the one to get it. Besides, Morgan and Matt have it. Serra doesn't want to be left out.

If I was going to think practically, however. Of course, W!Jaffar is great, Chad is great, and Kaze is great. Personally, I wouldn't go for Cecilia without the Forma Soul. Even if you didn't get CC from the Soul, if her build otherwise isn't anything super premium, I'd consider it not worth it, personally. On that note, we could see W!Jaffar in HOF someday, so do you really want to use CC here? Granted, I'm assuming you'd ever drop $30 for a premium built unit, which I'm assuming you wouldn't so none of that probably makes any difference to you. 

So that makes me think, where are you going to use any of these units? Just for clears or are any of them making it into AR or an Arena Core? Because I'd prioritize units that you're going to use in the meta modes. In AR not having CC is the difference between a win an a loss a lot of the time, so if it's AR, go for AR. But if these are just for fun PVE, Serra's my choice~

4 hours ago, XRay said:

Similarly, Toasty Skewer is not bad either, especially when paired with Physic for super tanks during Astra season, but outside of Aether Raids, I am not sure Toasty Skewer is that great for PvE content.

Yeah... outside AR, Toasty Skewer is not that great. Maybe if the buffs granted were dual phase. 

10 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

What staff does Lissa want more, Melancholy or Toasty Skewer.  I have both and want to know which if either staff had priority for SI.

I'd say Melancholy if only because it actually does something unique -- resetting specials on top of applying the Guard effect can be a big part in trivializing some maps. For the case of Toasty Skewer, outside of Astra AR (Light AR is iffy since Bramimond exists), it's not too crazy. Could be nice if the healer is stacking Distant Guard and Close Guard skills but denying an enemy special can be a form of tanking of its own given how overpowered damage boosting specials can be.

@XRay
Null C-Disrupt is currently not an option for me unless I choose to fodder off my 5+10 Donnel, not to mention that it's almost useless outside of scoring in Coliseum modes and I have 0 intention of using Marth in Aether Raids. Rapier+Special Spiral should be able to do something in Arena given the large amount of armored units there. Mentioning Tharja is not really a fair comparison given that they target different defensive stats, not to mention that unless I pull Summer Helbindi, Tharja pretty much has no business being in a Coliseum team outside of being a cohort unit or being used on team #(2-7) in Assault, especially since I'm currently in tier 20 (tier 20.5 Arena is no longer feasible for me due to scorecreep and my general lack of merged Legendary units). And I wouldn't consider Halloween Hector at all since I don't have any Duo Heroes to begin with and Hector, in my opinion, wouldn't be too useful outside of being a counterpick unit in AA, especially since I did not invest in Kronya for AR.

Edited by Roflolxp54

3 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

@XRay
Null C-Disrupt is currently not an option for me unless I choose to fodder off my 5+10 Donnel, not to mention that it's almost useless outside of scoring in Coliseum modes and I have 0 intention of using Marth in Aether Raids. Rapier+Special Spiral should be able to do something in Arena given the large amount of armored units there. Mentioning Tharja is not really a fair comparison given that they target different defensive stats, not to mention that unless I pull Summer Helbindi, Tharja pretty much has no business being in a Coliseum team outside of being a cohort unit or being used on team #(2-7) in Assault, especially since I'm currently in tier 20 (tier 20.5 Arena is no longer feasible for me due to scorecreep and my general lack of merged Legendary units). And I wouldn't consider Halloween Hector at all since I don't have any Duo Heroes to begin with and Hector, in my opinion, wouldn't be too useful outside of being a counterpick unit in AA, especially since I did not invest in Kronya for AR.

TSOIA!Marth does score the best out of all the prominent Counter-Vantage units, and I do not see a lot of Firesweepers in Arena, so I guess Special Spiral is fine.

I mentioned Tharja because she is around the same power level as TSOIA!Marth, but with the added primary advantage of being ranged. While they target different bulk, at the level of Counter-Vantage units, how much Atk they have is more important than which stat they target since they both have to deal with extreme bulk. Only units with extreme bulk stacking (via skills like Kagero's Dart, Impacts, etc; or via Ward stacking), or have some way of nullifying Vantage (Firesweep, Hardy Bearing) really stand a chance against them. Comparing him to Ares makes TSOIA!Marth look pretty bad, since Ares at +Atk+0+0 reaches 96 Atk (well over 100 Atk at max investment) and got more movement to boot.

AMH!Hector and Altina together makes Counter-Vantage more reliable, and it allows the player to make Counter-Vantage the centerpiece strategy for the team. Even if you do not have Kronya, you can still use Phina, TSOIA!Marth, or any other Counter-Vantage unit, although it would be a less effective. It is an expensive set up though, and it gets less effective over time as people upgrade their Healing Tower (D), so it is not for everyone.

On 5/12/2020 at 9:35 PM, Zeo said:

@Alexmender @DLNarshen @mampfoid @Kaden @Landmaster @SatsumaFSoysoy @XRay @daisy jane

Hide contents

i'm biased. i'd give it to serra, personally. 
but Odin with it sounds kinda cool. 

Despite my plans to someday get Peri into the +10 merge halls (cause apparently I love Blues), I have decided to shift plans to +10 Selena instead, as with Edelgard there are just... way too many Green Armors that need routing.

Right now she doesn't have her Prf refined, and she runs Repo, Moonbow, Triangle Adept, Null Follow-Up, Rouse Spd/Def, and Darting Blow 3. The last time I used her, she was generally very able to take on the Greens sent against her (even resisting the blow, singular, of a very maxed out L!Celica), which is good and all, though I've been thinking... if there were a way to maximize her potency against ALL armors without removing from her ability to take on Green armors, that'd be awesome.

I've not really been able to find anything of note though. Atk/Res or Atk/Def Solo 3 could at least add on a little extra bulk while keeping her in-combat Atk high, a Breath skill would enable her to have her Special ready when an enemy initiates (as long as they don't have a form of Special charge hindering), Brazen Atk/Def or Atk/Res is something.
I'm not considering Distant Counter at all. As much as it would enable her to take on ranged foes, it doesn't actually add to her ability to take on Armored units of more than just Green, it just... adds armors she can combat in EP.

Any input would be appreciated. Nothing wrong with the Triangle Adept build of course, there's just... you know, that desire to spoil a unit you +10ed, right?

Might be a bit late for the CC talk, but I gave CC to my +10 Jaffar (along with Armor March) and I've found him very effective. 

22 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Despite my plans to someday get Peri into the +10 merge halls (cause apparently I love Blues), I have decided to shift plans to +10 Selena instead, as with Edelgard there are just... way too many Green Armors that need routing.

Right now she doesn't have her Prf refined, and she runs Repo, Moonbow, Triangle Adept, Null Follow-Up, Rouse Spd/Def, and Darting Blow 3. The last time I used her, she was generally very able to take on the Greens sent against her (even resisting the blow, singular, of a very maxed out L!Celica), which is good and all, though I've been thinking... if there were a way to maximize her potency against ALL armors without removing from her ability to take on Green armors, that'd be awesome.

I've not really been able to find anything of note though. Atk/Res or Atk/Def Solo 3 could at least add on a little extra bulk while keeping her in-combat Atk high, a Breath skill would enable her to have her Special ready when an enemy initiates (as long as they don't have a form of Special charge hindering), Brazen Atk/Def or Atk/Res is something.
I'm not considering Distant Counter at all. As much as it would enable her to take on ranged foes, it doesn't actually add to her ability to take on Armored units of more than just Green, it just... adds armors she can combat in EP.

Any input would be appreciated. Nothing wrong with the Triangle Adept build of course, there's just... you know, that desire to spoil a unit you +10ed, right?

Her Atk is really low, so I would not expect her to take out blue armors and extremely bulky red and colorless armors very easily.

Null Follow-Up is fine for Arena Assault against 1 or 2 armor units, but I do not think it is that great in Aether Raids since there is a chance that she would face against a ton of armor units, so she would not have the sustainability to defeat most of them. Against a ton of armors, I would give her Desperation-Brash Assault to break Wary Fighter and preserve her sustainability. Desperation is also a lot cheaper than Null Follow-Up.

Challenger List: Against Hard List, only armor enemies. Both sides +10 with 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs. Desperation at 1 HP, Null Follow-Up at full HP.

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Selena (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Selena's Blade  
Special: Moonbow  
A: Swift Sparrow 3  
B: Desperation 3  
S: Brash Assault 3  
Upgrade Path: 5  

Selena (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Selena's Blade  
Special: Moonbow  
A: Swift Sparrow 3  
B: Null Follow Up 3  
S: Swift Sparrow 2  
Upgrade Path: 5  

Desperation 101:7:0
Null Follow-Up 93:15:0

11 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Is it likely that male Grima will be a focus unit on a banner anytime soon?

In the next reset (around 9 hours from now), with the "Bound Hero Battle: Robin and Corrin" Banner, featuring Male Robin, Female Corrin and a 3rd hero.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Are you guys still behind Fury 3-4? Is it still considered a good skill? I got stuck with like the Year 1 or 2 mentality. I don't see another skill that gives you +3 stats across the board, that are also really cheap, low investment. All these newer skills may give 5-6 double stats, but not a whole set of four different stats. For example, I look a lot for skills that give Spd/Def, but stuff like Steady Posture will only give 6 to Spd & Def, while I'll also want some Atk.

I'd also like some advice on the following:

Looking for the best mix of defenses and offense. I don't feel like killing my Shannan at the moment, and I am also saving orbs, so Repel isn't much of an option now.

1368938240_FEHUnitBuilder-Charlotte(BridalBlessings)(2).png.ff9d0d31411dcc0795f885a58e6323ad.png

1603199225_FEHUnitBuilder-Charlotte(BridalBlessings)(3).png.2e354f96069f69e71c16dff0133011b9.png

842062176_FEHUnitBuilder-Charlotte(BridalBlessings)(4).png.e11d811dc20c82886acb54d148f4103e.png

1300522386_FEHUnitBuilder-Charlotte(BridalBlessings)(5).png.ca4f403c299d12dedde1aff5f824b21a.png

Then there's minor stuff, like Atk/Def Oath vs. Rouse Spd/Def. I find Oath more reliable, but she really appreciates the Spd boost as well.

- Bonus Double vs. Steady Posture 3?

Otherwise, they're all somewhat similiar.

Edited by Soul >8]