"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

So I pulled two minus atk Ephraims off of Mila's banner.  I combat manualed the +Spd one since his speed seems pretty blegh, so is he worth SI or is he better off being merge fodder?

Also how useful is Leif's base kit?   He did have that for the Mila MhB but I was curious on the thought that he might actually make use of a better set up, like Desperation in his B slot for example as his current B skill is...not the greatest.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So I pulled two minus atk Ephraims off of Mila's banner.  I combat manualed the +Spd one since his speed seems pretty blegh, so is he worth SI or is he better off being merge fodder?

Also how useful is Leif's base kit?   He did have that for the Mila MhB but I was curious on the thought that he might actually make use of a better set up, like Desperation in his B slot for example as his current B skill is...not the greatest.

Ephraim has absolutely zero value as fodder, so merge away.

Leif's base kit is fine. S-Drink is required for him to guarantee his Galeforce activation on turn one, where it is the most valuable. I suppose if you're not interested in Galeforce you could give him Vantage and a damage special or somesuch. Desperation is about as good as an empty B-slot for him as he has non-existent speed.

Edited by Humanoid

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Ephraim has absolutely zero value as fodder, so merge away.

Leif's base kit is fine. S-Drink is required for him to guarantee his Galeforce activation on turn one, where it is the most valuable. I suppose if you're not interested in Galeforce you could give him Vantage and a damage special or somesuch. Desperation is about as good as an empty B-slot for him as he has non-existent speed.

So would he prefer a Lull skill then?  Because his special still allows him to galeforce based on its description, or does he really need the native B skill that badly?

So I've been looking for an answer for this question, but wasn't able to find it neither on the official site, nor here, so here goes:

How does the FEH-Pass subscription work? By that I mean, I understand that I get some added functions in-game like auto-level repeat and stuff, but what I'm more curious about are the Resplendant Heroes. If I understood everything correctly, we get both a copy of the hero, and  their new "skin" (and the stat boost) twice every month as they are available for around 14 days (according to the dates for Roy on the website). What would happen if I were to subscribe, say, 2 days before the current resplendant hero's period ends? Would I get the current one, the following one, and the one after that? Like, if I were to subscribe on the 6th of June, would I get Sanaki, then Roy on the 10th, and then the one after Roy (since subscriptions last for a month, which means the 6th of July in this case)? Or you only get 2 with a month of subscription, no matter what?

2 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

So I've been looking for an answer for this question, but wasn't able to find it neither on the official site, nor here, so here goes:

How does the FEH-Pass subscription work? By that I mean, I understand that I get some added functions in-game like auto-level repeat and stuff, but what I'm more curious about are the Resplendant Heroes. If I understood everything correctly, we get both a copy of the hero, and  their new "skin" (and the stat boost) twice every month as they are available for around 14 days (according to the dates for Roy on the website). What would happen if I were to subscribe, say, 2 days before the current resplendant hero's period ends? Would I get the current one, the following one, and the one after that? Like, if I were to subscribe on the 6th of June, would I get Sanaki, then Roy on the 10th, and then the one after Roy (since subscriptions last for a month, which means the 6th of July in this case)? Or you only get 2 with a month of subscription, no matter what?

This one has already been answered, so I'll repeat it for you.

The short answer is yes.  If you time your subscription right it is possible to get three heroes.

Just now, TheSilentChloey said:

This one has already been answered, so I'll repeat it for you.

The short answer is yes.  If you time your subscription right it is possible to get three heroes.

Thank You, I was sure it was already asked (and probably answered), but was unable to find it, have to work on my searching skills it seems.

48 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So would he prefer a Lull skill then?  Because his special still allows him to galeforce based on its description, or does he really need the native B skill that badly?

Njorun's Zeal has a cooldown of 3, which means if you get rid of S Drink, you will need to run Quickened Pulse (or have appropriate team support) in order to activate it on the first round of combat.

Both options have their merits, so it's your call.

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

As mentioned, S Drink is needed if you need him to Galeforce immediately, as it gives him an extra charge on turn 1. S Drink is also useful for Tempest Trials if you want to have him be a backup healer using Reciprocal Aid, although his HP is not that high so he will not heal much, although you can use Ardent Sacrifice but its healing is a bit slow. For Tempest Trials, I would say his basekit is pretty good, and all he needs is just Reposition or Reciprocal Aid on him.

For other modes though, you may need to overhaul his skill kit depending on what you want him to do.

Personally, I would keep Njörun's Zeal since he is the only ranged unit who can Galeforce so far. If you want him to focus on damage output, you can run Ruptured Sky or Moonbow.

Atk/Res Push gives lots of stats, but it only works for a limited amount of battles since it requires him to be above a certain HP range to work. If you need him to fight a lot, I recommend switching to Death Blow. Fury is also an option since you can combo it with Escape Route on the B slot so he can immediately teleport away without needing to use a Dancer/Singer when activates Galeforce. Close Counter is also an option when paired with Vantage with Brazen Atk/Def or Brazen Atk/Res.

Besides S Drink, you can run Lull Atk/Def or the previously mentioned Vantage and Escape Route. Lull Atk/Def is useful for increasing damage output.

I would keep the C slot as Def Smoke if you are low on fodder, but I also recommend giving him additional C skills like Savage Blow and Hone Cavalry so you can adjust your strategy depending on the map.

Tempest Trials/Budget:
+Atk
Meisterbogen
Reposition — Reciprocal Aid — Ardent Sacrifice
Njörun's Zeal
Atk/Res Push
S Drink
Def Smoke
Death Blow — HP/Atk

Counter-Vantage:
+Atk
Meisterbogen
Reposition
Njörun's Zeal — Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Close Counter
Vantage
Savage Blow — Def Smoke
Brazen Atk/Def — Brazen Atk/Res

Raw Damage Nuke:
+Atk
Meisterbogen
Reposition
Ruptured Sky — Moonbow
Death Blow
Lull Atk/Def
(Any C)
Death Blow

Galeforce:

Spoiler

Galeforce:
+Atk
Meisterbogen
Reposition
Njörun's Zeal
Death Blow
Lull Atk/Def
(Any C)
Death Blow — Heavy Blade

Escape Route Galeforce:
+Atk
Meisterbogen
Reposition
Njörun's Zeal
Fury
Escape Route
(Any C)
Death Blow — Brazen Atk/Def — Brazen Atk/Res

First Turn Galeforce:
+Atk
Meisterbogen
Reposition
Njörun's Zeal
Death Blow
Lull Atk/Def — S Drink
(Any C)
Death Blow — Quickened PulseHeavy Blade
For first turn Galeforce, you need either S Drink, Quickened Pulse, or Heavy Blade. Depending on the map, you may need to run two of those skills occasionally if the first enemy you need him to fight has Guard or dies in one hit, so you need two of those skills to make sure his Galeforce activates.

Edited by XRay

May not directly be related to the game. But i'm in a situation where i'm about ready to throw my phone at the wall. Actually raised my hand into the throwing position just now for a brief moment and its starting to worry me now.

Trying to get a single copy of legendary Julia across 3 seperate attempts, well over 1000 orbs spent. (All F2P ones) and absolutely nothing. Its starting to degrade my mental health because of how frustrating the game is getting (Ok the wording there may have been a bit extreme, but i'm sure you get the idea). If its getting this bad, should I just quit and never look back?

Edited by Faellin

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

May not directly be related to the game. But i'm in a situation where i'm about ready to throw my phone at the wall. Actually raised my hand into the throwing position just now for a brief moment and its starting to worry me now.

Trying to get a single copy of legendary Julia across 3 seperate attempts, well over 1000 orbs spent. (All F2P ones) and absolutely nothing. Its starting to degrade my mental health because of how frustrating the game is getting (Ok the wording there may have been a bit extreme, but i'm sure you get the idea). If its getting this bad, should I just quit and never look back?

Are you still having fun with the game in other areas besides summoning? If you are not having fun with the game at all, then I would just quit.

I've put together an Og.Oboro ready for the next two weeks of Arena.

Just gotta decide on the final base asset now, before I give her the last merge for the +10 -

• +Atk or +Res?
  • I'm currently leaning towards the +Res superboon for the mixed defense balance.

Setup:

Oboro's Spear (+CD Refine), Dual Rally, Aether, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Attack Smoke 3, Mirror Stance 2 (SEAL).

3 hours ago, D4rthNoctis said:

Just gotta decide on the final base asset now, before I give her the last merge for the +10 -

• +Atk or +Res?
  • I'm currently leaning towards the +Res superboon for the mixed defense balance.

Setup:

Oboro's Spear (+CD Refine), Dual Rally, Aether, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Attack Smoke 3, Mirror Stance 2 (SEAL).

If you are going Enemy Phase, I would go with +Def or +Res.

On 6/1/2020 at 2:20 AM, D4rthNoctis said:

• +Atk or +Res?

Setup:

This is what my Oboro looks like:
hEcDhpxl.jpg?1

Ignoring the +10, she takes not that much damage from all close-range foes and is usually able to ORKO them as long as  she is enabled her second attack (yes, even some of the strongest Green armors fall to her, but I haven't tested her against LegEdelgarde yet). Because she is +Res and has Warding Breath, she is able to deal with Dragons as well, regardless if they are armored or not.

Since a lot of her damage comes from either Armor effectiveness or Ignis, I personally don't think she needs the extra attack, and would rather take +Res. I'd also rather take Warding Breath over Distant Counter, but that's just me wanting to make her an exceptional melee tank over a decent DC tank. DC is still a fine option, but you should be careful if she has to face one of the stronger Ranged units out there since a good amount of her bulk comes from her special refine.

Edited by Xenomata

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Just another quickie: Mila +1, Atk or Res? Will just keep default kit most likely.

For budget Milas, you want +Def/Res. For high investment Milas that can do Pulse Ties, you want +HP in that scenario.

+Atk does not really help Mila much unless you want her to draw Chill Atk away from her allies or something.

Edited by XRay

23 hours ago, Xenomata said:

This is what my Oboro looks like:
hEcDhpxl.jpg?1

Ignoring the +10, she takes not that much damage from all close-range foes and is usually able to ORKO them as long as  she is enabled her second attack (yes, even some of the strongest Green armors fall to her, but I haven't tested her against LegEdelgarde yet). Because she is +Res and has Warding Breath, she is able to deal with Dragons as well, regardless if they are armored or not.

Since a lot of her damage comes from either Armor effectiveness or Ignis, I personally don't think she needs the extra attack, and would rather take +Res. I'd also rather take Warding Breath over Distant Counter, but that's just me wanting to make her an exceptional melee tank over a decent DC tank. DC is still a fine option, but you should be careful if she has to face one of the stronger Ranged units out there since a good amount of her bulk comes from her special refine.

Nice build 👍

Cheers for the feedback. I ultimately ended up going with +Res.

• "Since a lot of her damage comes from either Armor effectiveness or Ignis, I personally don't think she needs the extra attack, and would rather take +Res." - I had this as one of the +Res consideration factors in mind when it came to deciding between the two. Probably the main reason I went down that path tbh as well.

Whilst Warding Breath is probably better than DC for what she is ultimately designed to achieve, I went with DC with Arena in mind. Handled herself pretty well against most ranged units, though Legendary Chrom had his moments. 

@mampfoid and @LordFrigid and anyone with Galeforce experience, is it better to run Swift Sparrow or Atk/Spd Push for Galeforcers?

Normally, for most nukes, I generally go with Swift Sparrow/Life and Death/Brazens/etc. since they work no matter how low HP goes. I generally do not use Pushes since it stops working at low HP. However, one advantage that Pushes have over other A slot skills is recoil damage.

I currently have Atk/Spd Push on Fiora in Hall of Forms, but Swift Sparrow showed up just now, so I am not sure which skill I should go for. I am leaning towards Swift Sparrow, but I also really like the recoil damage from Atk/Spd Push for Wings of Mercy. Fiora does have pretty low Def, so maybe Atk/Spd Push is not necessary? She will mostly be used in PvE content and I do not think I am going to use her in PvP.

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

@mampfoid and @LordFrigid and anyone with Galeforce experience, is it better to run Swift Sparrow or Atk/Spd Push for Galeforcers?

Normally, for most nukes, I generally go with Swift Sparrow/Life and Death/Brazens/etc. since they work no matter how low HP goes. I generally do not use Pushes since it stops working at low HP. However, one advantage that Pushes have over other A slot skills is recoil damage.

I currently have Atk/Spd Push on Fiora in Hall of Forms, but Swift Sparrow showed up just now, so I am not sure which skill I should go for. I am leaning towards Swift Sparrow, but I also really like the recoil damage from Atk/Spd Push for Wings of Mercy. Fiora does have pretty low Def, so maybe Atk/Spd Push is not necessary? She will mostly be used in PvE content and I do not think I am going to use her in PvP.

If you're only going to use her for Galeforce in PvE content, I would prefer to use Swift Sparrow unless you're really worried that she's going to be missing that 1 Atk point. As you mentioned, you won't have to worry about an enemy dropping her below the threshold. I've never really had a problem with getting into Wings of Mercy range with a Swift Sparrow, Summoner Supported, +10 Caeda when I want to (although I guess Wing Sword lets her fight Lance Cavs, which occasionally comes in handy). Surprisingly, their stat lines are fairly comparable...I hadn't actually looked before.

If you're really worried about it, you could always try to keep rolling for Life and Death.

41 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

If you're only going to use her for Galeforce in PvE content, I would prefer to use Swift Sparrow unless you're really worried that she's going to be missing that 1 Atk point. As you mentioned, you won't have to worry about an enemy dropping her below the threshold. I've never really had a problem with getting into Wings of Mercy range with a Swift Sparrow, Summoner Supported, +10 Caeda when I want to (although I guess Wing Sword lets her fight Lance Cavs, which occasionally comes in handy). Surprisingly, their stat lines are fairly comparable...I hadn't actually looked before.

If you're really worried about it, you could always try to keep rolling for Life and Death.

Cool, I think I would go with Swift Sparrow then.

I gave her Life and Death before, but I switched it out for Atk/Spd Push since she got Pegasus Flight and I needed her to do a bit of tanking in the higher levels. But now that I am done with all the levels, if I see Life and Death again, I will give it back to her.

So I got Mufasta off of the new heros banner (who I wanted, oh boy I've never had that happen before) he's +Def/-Spd (I'm sticking with this one because 5 star) and he'll be plus 1, so with that in mind, I haven't the slightest idea who to pick between Say'ri or Anna.  And no I'm not picking that stupid fairy, they disgust me.  Fire Emblem doesn't need stupid fairies.  So who out of Say'ri/Anna should I pick for the free summon, assuming I don't get the other in the forty summons?

Eta:

I am leaning toward Anna because of her skills.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

4 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So I got Mufasta off of the new heros banner (who I wanted, oh boy I've never had that happen before) he's +Def/-Spd (I'm sticking with this one because 5 star) and he'll be plus 1, so with that in mind, I haven't the slightest idea who to pick between Say'ri or Anna.  And no I'm not picking that stupid fairy, they disgust me.  Fire Emblem doesn't need stupid fairies.  So who out of Say'ri/Anna should I pick for the free summon, assuming I don't get the other in the forty summons?

Depends on how much you are willing to invest in them.

If you are willing to invest a lot, I would go with Book IV Midpoint Anna. There are not a lot of fast lance infantry with her level of BST. She needs a complete skill overhaul though, and practically everything besides the Weapon needs to be replaced.

If you are not willing to invest a lot, then go with Say'ri. She is usable straight out the box. Sword units are a dime a dozen though, and she is rather lackluster and unremarkable.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

Depends on how much you are willing to invest in them.

If you are willing to invest a lot, I would go with Book IV Midpoint Anna. There are not a lot of fast lance infantry with her level of BST. She needs a complete skill overhaul though, and practically everything besides the Weapon needs to be replaced.

If you are not willing to invest a lot, then go with Say'ri. She is usable straight out the box. Sword units are a dime a dozen though, and she is rather lackluster and unremarkable.

I am leaning towards Anna to be honest, I do like her lance and I'm sure she's likely to be worthwhile.

ETA:

I just noticed that Emmeryn needs a massive skill overhaul any suggested supporting sets I can make use of to make her the best strictly supporting unit she can be?

Also are there any suggested builds for Mustafa?  His skills also need an overhaul  as well, desperately.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

I haven't played heroes since Book 4 started.

I'm thinking of picking it back up just for laughs. Though I want to know from more experienced players as of recently how bad my units are outdated and power crept.

Generally my standard before was if the game can still let you beat harder content (like Abyssal) with non-merged 5* units, it still was forgivable. Is that still true today? Or has the stat inflation for enemy units gone to ridiculous levels?

9 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I haven't played heroes since Book 4 started.

I'm thinking of picking it back up just for laughs. Though I want to know from more experienced players as of recently how bad my units are outdated and power crept.

Generally my standard before was if the game can still let you beat harder content (like Abyssal) with non-merged 5* units, it still was forgivable. Is that still true today? Or has the stat inflation for enemy units gone to ridiculous levels?

It depends on the units that you have.  If you have OG Lucina, she's actually still pretty good, but to be fair since book IV has come out a lot of the older book I units do struggle to keep up at times.  Mostly its skill power creep and not stat power creep but there has been some of that going on.

I just noticed that Emmeryn needs a massive skill overhaul any suggested supporting sets I can make use of to make her the best strictly supporting unit she can be?

Also are there any suggested builds for Mustafa?  His skills also need an overhaul  as well, desperately.