"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Just impulsively upgrade and merge +spd OG Merric to +5. His Atk gave me some regret. What would be a cheap build for him (mainly AA/PvE) without refining his prf? I do have a spare Raigh's twin (gronnserpent and stance) and no bladetome or close counter. Not gonna pull any green until Sayri banner ends, so i wont get more merge or green tome fodder til then.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Just impulsively upgrade and merge +spd OG Merric to +5. His Atk gave me some regret. What would be a cheap build for him (mainly AA/PvE) without refining his prf? I do have a spare Raigh's twin (gronnserpent and stance) and no bladetome or close counter. Not gonna pull any green until Sayri banner ends, so i wont get more merge or green tome fodder til then.

I would give him Life and Death and Desperation and treat him like a green archer. His Atk is pretty pathetic though, so do not expect him to kill a well invested Caeda. He should do fine against blue fliers and most green fliers though if they do not have a lot of Res. If you want him tackle more than just fliers, I recommend switching to Gronnblade whenever you can afford it; alternatively, if you want to spend more on him, you can also turn him into a Blazing nuke since he does have a Slaying tome.

If you need to counter a flier, I think a regular archer with Brave Bow is better for that role than Merric in most cases since they can hit twice without worrying about the Spd check.

Standard Player Phase:
+Atk/Spd
Gronnblade
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

Blazing nuke:
+Atk
Excalibur [Atk]
Reposition
Blazing Wind — Blazing Light
Life and Death
Special Spiral
(Any C)
Attack+3
I would stick with Blazing Wind in most cases. Blazing Light is 5* exclusive, but if you can afford it, it is pretty nice and convenient to have a variety of patterns. I would normally recommend Growing Wind, but Merric's Atk is pretty pathetic, so I do not think he is going to use his default Special particularly well.

1 hour ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

What would be a cheap build for him (mainly AA/PvE) without refining his prf?

Triangle Adept and Gronnraven. His stat spread is actually pretty good for an Alm counter, with huge HP and good speed. If you give him speed support, Dull Ranged and the Darting Stance seal he may be able to avoid being doubled.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Blazing nuke:
+Atk
Excalibur [Atk]
Reposition
Blazing Wind — Blazing Light
Life and Death
Special Spiral
(Any C)
Attack+3
I would stick with Blazing Wind in most cases. Blazing Light is 5* exclusive, but if you can afford it, it is pretty nice and convenient to have a variety of patterns. I would normally recommend Growing Wind, but Merric's Atk is pretty pathetic, so I do not think he is going to use his default Special particularly well.

I understand the bladetome set, but wouldn't luna be better with his refine, since it cuts enemy res instead relying on his poor atk?

Also I just checked that I have extra G duel infantry. Would that help with his scoring in Arena with double chill skills? And since he couldnt kill he could just do chip damage and let bonus unit kill.

3 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Triangle Adept and Gronnraven. His stat spread is actually pretty good for an Alm counter, with huge HP and good speed. If you give him speed support, Dull Ranged and the Darting Stance seal he may be able to avoid being doubled.

Thought about it. But 1)I have a Boey with merge ongoing, and 2) Because of Boey I sent home all my Cecilia almost immediately thinking i wouldnt need another green raven tome. But definitely will keep this in mind next time I summon a Cecilia.

1 hour ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

I understand the bladetome set, but wouldn't luna be better with his refine, since it cuts enemy res instead relying on his poor atk?

150% of the difference between your Atk and the opponent's Res is usually more than 50% of the opponent's Res.

3 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

I think Luna does less damage over all and gets less kills. Assuming he doubles, with Blazing Wind, Merric basically has the damage output of about 3.5 regular hits; with Luna, that is about 2.5 regular hits.

Calculator. Challenger List: Both sides +10 with 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs. Challenger has Special ready.

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Merric (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Excalibur  
Special: Luna  
A: Death Blow 4  
B: Special Spiral 3  
S: Death Blow 3  
Upgrade Path: 1  

Merric (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Special: Blazing Wind  
A: Life and Death 4  
S: Attack 3  

3 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Thought about it. But 1)I have a Boey with merge ongoing, and 2) Because of Boey I sent home all my Cecilia almost immediately thinking i wouldnt need another green raven tome. But definitely will keep this in mind next time I summon a Cecilia.

I recommend keeping at least one copy of every unit.

And if you have a unit that happens to be neutral and is part of the 3*/4* pool, Grail pool, or a unit that has been given away for free in the past, I recommend keeping the neutral copy as a separate copy from the main copy if you have a main copy, and keep the neutral copy unmerged and unFlowered in case you need it to follow guides.

I have not used guides in a long time, but I did need to use one lately to clear Mila's map. Although I did not use a free guide, if I did have to use free guide, I should be able to follow it without issue since I got one of every free neutral unit.

I also recommend keeping at least 20,000 to 40,000 Feathers as an emergency reserve in case you need to promote somebody to 5* to follow a guide.

Edited by XRay

52 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think Luna does less damage over all and gets less kills. Assuming he doubles, with Blazing Wind, Merric basically has the damage output of about 3.5 regular hits; with Luna, that is about 2.5 regular hits.

Calculator. Challenger List: Both sides +10 with 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs. Challenger has Special ready.

Hide contents

CHALLENGER LIST  
Merric (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Special: Luna  
A: Death Blow 4  
S: Death Blow 3  

Merric (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Special: Blazing Wind  
A: Life and Death 4  
S: Attack 3  

I recommend keeping at least one copy of every unit.

And if you have a unit that happens to be neutral and is part of the 3*/4* pool, Grail pool, or a unit that has been given away for free in the past, I recommend keeping the neutral copy as a separate copy from the main copy if you have a main copy, and keep the neutral copy unmerged and unFlowered in case you need it to follow guides.

I have not used guides in a long time, but I did need to use one lately to clear Mila's map. Although I did not use a free guide, if I did have to use free guide, I should be able to follow it without issue since I got one of every free neutral unit.

I also recommend keeping at least 20,000 to 40,000 Feathers as an emergency reserve in case you need to promote somebody to 5* to follow a guide.

I do keep grail and free units. I have a built Cecilia and +def Spring Camilla with Raven tome, that's why I am comfortable with sending other cecilia home. I just want to clear up my barrack and actually start building units I wanted to build for a long time (I have 5*+10 Cain with Death Blow 2 at max sp and almost max hm for Pete's sake).

A more recent Merric build/gameplay is rare on youtube though. I am probably just scared of screwing up a unit again after giving Warding Stance 4 to Arthur few days ago (he is still good, but I realized there are better A skill afterward and that WS4 could've gone to someone else). 

Anyway thanks for all the guides and answer up there, expecially Luna and AoE attack damage diffence. 

11 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

I do keep grail and free units. I have a built Cecilia and +def Spring Camilla with Raven tome, that's why I am comfortable with sending other cecilia home. I just want to clear up my barrack and actually start building units I wanted to build for a long time (I have 5*+10 Cain with Death Blow 2 at max sp and almost max hm for Pete's sake).

I recommend turning extra units into Combat Manuals rather than sending them home for Feathers. The average player gets at least 20,000 Feathers per week, so sending a unit home for 300 Feathers is not worth it in my opinion when they can be used for Skill Inheritance.

That said, if you have like 50 something Cecilia Combat Manuals though, sending a dozen of those home for Feathers is probably fine. I would still recommend keeping about 10-15 of each unit's Combat Manual though as an emergency reserve even for units with low Skill Inheritance value, just in case you need to mass build something and need a particular skill.

36 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Does Bonus Doubler boost the bonuses given out by Kitsune Fang? 

While Bonus Doubler and Kitsune Fang interact with bonus buffs, the two skills do not interact with each other since the skills do not give bonus buffs.

If Kaden gets 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs, Bonus Doubler will give Kaden 6/6/6/6 in combat buffs, and Kitsune Fang will give Kaden's allies 6/6/6/6 in combat buffs.

Kitsune Fang
Grants Def+3. Grants allies within 2 spaces bonus to Atk/Spd/Def/Res during combat = current bonus on each of unit's stats. Calculates each stat bonus independently. At start of turn, if unit is adjacent to only beast or dragon allies or if unit is not adjacent to any ally, unit transforms (otherwise, unit reverts). If unit transforms, grants Atk+2, and if unit initiates combat, inflicts Atk/Def-4 on foe during combat and foe cannot make a follow-up attack.

Bonus Doubler
Grants bonus to Atk/Spd/Def/Res during combat = current bonus on each of unit's stats. Calculates each stat bonus independently.

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

Does Bonus Doubler boost the bonuses given out by Kitsune Fang? 

No. Bonus Doubler doesn't actually double the field buffs on the unit. It adds a combat buff exactly equal to the field buffs the unit has.

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I pulled Rhajat last night with terrible IVs.  Is she worth it as fodder or should I just merge?

What is her Asset? If it is +Atk/Spd, I would keep it, especially if she also has -HP to make it easier to reach Desperation range. I lean towards keeping it too if are using her as an Enemy Phase unit and she got +Res; it is not as good as +Spd, but +Res is still decent for Enemy Phase to reduce damage.

For fodder, she does not really have much. Distant Def is not bad, but it is not stellar either in my opinion, even if you have Caineghis to take it to Tier 4. In my opinion, Stance-Lull combo is much better than Def-Guard combo. Defs on the A slot can completely shutdown enemy buffs, but it only works against enemies with a certain combat range; in contrast, Lulls partially shut down buffs, but they can target the most important buffs and they work against any enemy, so Lulls are better overall in my opinion. Similarly, Stances' Guard effect has no HP requirement while Guard's Guard effect does have an HP requirement.

Personally, I would merge since I can access any skill I want by just spending Orbs.

However, if you are not able to spend a lot, I would keep Rhajat as a Combat Manual in case you need to use her with Caineghis to get Distant Def 4 to build an Enemy Phase unit or something. But even then, I think saving Orbs for the appropriate Stance and Lull skill is better in the long run.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

For fodder, she does not really have much. Distant Def is not bad, but it is not stellar either in my opinion, even if you have Caineghis to take it to Tier 4. In my opinion, Stance-Lull combo is much better than Def-Guard combo. Defs on the A slot can completely shutdown enemy buffs, but it only works against enemies with a certain combat range; in contrast, Lulls partially shut down buffs, but they can target the most important buffs and they work against any enemy, so Lulls are better overall in my opinion. Similarly, Stances' Guard effect has no HP requirement while Guard's Guard effect does have an HP requirement.

@TheSilentChloey

Distant Def right now is mostly useful for armors with Distant Counter weapons. Armors can't run Lull skills, but have access to Special Fighter, so they use Distant Def 4 + Special Fighter instead of Stance 4 + Lull.

Edited by Ice Dragon

23 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Would giving SK!Alm lull spd/def be worth it?

Not particularly, he already cuts def with his weapon so it doesn’t help him as much as it would for other physical nukes.

33 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Not particularly, he already cuts def with his weapon so it doesn’t help him as much as it would for other physical nukes.

Oh, I didn't think about it like that, good point! Well, what other good B slot skills could I use, then?

34 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh, I didn't think about it like that, good point! Well, what other good B slot skills could I use, then?

If you are using him yourself manually, I would run a standard Player Phase build with Desperation.

+Spd
Luna Arc
Reposition
Lunar Flash
Desperation
(Any C)

— — — — — — —

If you plan to just stick him on defense though, you can leave his Assist empty, but I would replace his C and ideally A as well.

For his Assist, other than empty, you can run Rally Res or Harsh Command so he functions as a Rally trap.

Ideally, Swift Sparrow should be on his A and you want to back it up with another Swift Sparrow on the Sacred Seal. If you cannot afford Swift Sparrow on A, then I would just stick with Darting Blow in the meantime. I am a bit hesitant on Life and Death since it might make him too squishy and vulnerable. SK!Alm needs to double to be threatening, so if he dies in one hit on the counter, then there is not really any point in running him.

For B, it depends on what type of tanks you see. If you see slow tanks with Quick Riposte or Wary Fighter more often, I recommend Null Follow-Up. If you see Spd tanks, I recommend running Lulls instead to try to win the Spd check. I recommend Lull Atk/Spd to increase his bulk so he is less likely to die from Counter-Vantage, although Lull Spd/Def is not bad either if you need to squeeze out a little more damage output, but I do not think that is necessary in mose cases.

His C could be whatever that helps your team. Infantry Pulse is good if you got the team set up for it. You can also go with Time's Pulse. I do not recommend bonus buffs since Aversa's Panic can be an issue.

+Spd
Luna Arc
(Any Assist)
Lunar Flash
Swift Sparrow
Null Follow-Up — Lull Atk/Spd
(Any C)
Swift Sparrow

Edited by XRay

What would be the best way of rounding out Say'ri 's base kit? Thinking of swapping out her current special for a self healing one so she can maintain her pref DC hp% more easily. Thining aether since her weapon boosts special charge rate as well. Then I just need a good C skill.

I know she has a weird statline. But I plan on building her regardless due to favoritism reasons. She was one of my favorites from awakening.

Also on an unrelated note: I'm 13 summons away from the 40 mark, tempted to go through with it since I have some characters who could benefit from that close call fodder. I already got Mirablis and 3 Mustafa, and have no real use for Anna. So should I finish those 40 summons or aim for duo Fonse who I also have a real use for as well.

Edited by Faellin

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

What would be the best way of rounding out Say'ri 's base kit? Thinking of swapping out her current special for a self healing one so she can maintain her pref DC hp% more easily. Thining aether since her weapon boosts special charge rate as well. Then I just need a good C skill.

I would stick with Iceberg. I am not a fan of running healing skills on combat units since they are too weak and it is better to offload that to a healer the vast majority of the time. If you want her to autobattle on Tempest Trials with Aether, her base kit is not going to cut it, and she needs Darting Breath.

I know she has a weird statline. But I plan on building her regardless due to favoritism reasons. She was one of my favorites from awakening.

Her stat line is fine.

Also on an unrelated note: I'm 13 summons away from the 40 mark, tempted to go through with it since I have some characters who could benefit from that close call fodder. I already got Mirablis and 3 Mustafa, and have no real use for Anna. So should I finish those 40 summons or aim for duo Fonse who I also have a real use for as well.

I would personally go for the guaranteed 5* from 40 summons because it is guaranteed.

The best use of Close Call/Repel would be BH!Ike in my opinion. I recommend giving him Hit and Run and Knock Back before hand to see which after combat position you like better. I would not bother giving Close Call to BH!Ike if you prefer Repel more, but if you really need the skill now for Aether Raids, then I guess it is okay to give him Close Call even if you do not prefer it as much.

You can also give it to Spd tanks, but I find it to be much less effective if the Spd tank is not also a super tank. Spd tanks that are not super tanks will still take heavy damage after Close Call/Repel, so I personally rather just run Lull Atk/Spd to increase regular Spd tanks bulk since it works no matter what Spd the enemy has, and more Spd helps to prevent doubles.

If you already have Close Call/Repel on BH!Ike, I would just leave the extra Say'ri as a Combat Manual for now and just wait until you encounter a situation where you need to use it.

If enemies in the upcoming Resonant Battles do not hit particularly hard, then you can run dual phase high Spd Galeforcers, and the infantry ones can run Close Call to help preserve their bulk. If the enemies do hit hard though, then I would stick with dual phase guaranteed follow-up Galeforcers (Edelgard, Dimitri, etc.) since they got better bulk.

Edited by XRay

I have at my barracks this +4 Kronya and I have not yet build her aside from double Savage blow and this Duo Hector I consider DC fodder. However, I hear lot's of good things about those two and that together they are great and all that. I also have a Picnic Flora that I don't use at all and has CC so I am thinking of foddering her. Should I go for this? Give Kronya CC and use her with Hector in Anima? Since I am on a budget right now and I lack Special spriral or Nul C disrupt is Cancel Affinity a good option? Also what's the difference between the 2 and 3 version exactly? 

34 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I have at my barracks this +4 Kronya and I have not yet build her aside from double Savage blow and this Duo Hector I consider DC fodder. However, I hear lot's of good things about those two and that together they are great and all that. I also have a Picnic Flora that I don't use at all and has CC so I am thinking of foddering her. Should I go for this? Give Kronya CC and use her with Hector in Anima? Since I am on a budget right now and I lack Special spriral or Nul C disrupt is Cancel Affinity a good option? Also what's the difference between the 2 and 3 version exactly? 

Kronya and 1 Hector is a good team for Ar Offense. Special Spiral is great as a skill, but using the Divine codes for Disarm trap is even better. You can engage safely. Temari Tethys is a great support as well. I have a Temari tethys + Kronya and a Hector + Kronya, depending on the reach of my bolt tower, the amount of vantage counters and the accessibility of the healing tower. 

So yeah, it's a great combo. I'd recommend it.

18 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I use Kronya a lot, and she really needs high investment to work well. If you cheap out too much on her kit and team, she is going to have serious reliability issues; she might be okay the first few days, but she will not be very usable later in the week against stronger defense teams. Personally, I recommend saving your fodder for now and not build her until you have all the pieces ready. A half baked Kronya is a waste of resources since she simply does not work well without the full shebang, so I recommend not committing anything to her in case you need that fodder elsewhere between now and whenever you are ready to fully build Kronya.

Here is a checklist of things you need (optional items in green):

Spoiler

Kronya
+7+7
Athame
Reposition — (Any Assist)
Moonbow — Noontime — Miracle — Ruptured Sky
Close Counter
Null C-Disrupt — Special SpiralDisarm Trap
Savage Blow — Pulse Smoke
Fierce Stance
I strongly recommend getting her to at least +7+7, if you cannot do it, I would hold off on building her until you can; she really needs that Atk boost. You need Fierce Stance on the Sacred Seal slot to boost her Atk, so she got enough of it to overcome high Def units in combat; Savage Blow will reduce HP, but if Kronya does not have enough Atk to land a killing blow, Savage Blow's damage is kind of pointless. I recommend Null C-Disrupt over other options, as it allows her to counter Firesweep units, and she is only one of a handful of units who can Counter-Vantage Firesweep units.

Two A Monstrous Harvest Hectors
I strongly recommend two. Having one is not really enough in my opinion to give enough reliable coverage, although you can try. Having two opens up a lot more maps for her to tackle and makes her a lot less vulnerable to Healing Tower (D).

Two Altinas
She gives Atk boost. You can replace one of the Altinas with Naga for dragon effectiveness, but I think guaranteed higher damage output overall is better in my opinion.

Kronya's primary threats are Blazing nukes and Healing Tower (D). Super high Def units and extremely low HP nukes are also occasional threats. Extremely low HP nukes are threatening because a Healing Tower (D) can heal them back up to full HP, which would then disable Kronya's Vantage. Bolt Traps are not super threatening unless the opponent got Hardy Bearing Dancers/Singers, but I would still watch out for them just in case. One of Kronya's primary advantage over other units is her ability to take an attack at high HP without getting into traditional Vantage HP range like other Counter-Vantage units.

I do NOT recommend Cancel Affinity. I do not see Triangle Adept enough to warrant running it.

The difference between Cancel Affinity 2 and 3 is that 3 makes the match up neutral if the opponent has advantage and Triangle Adept. 2 only removes the Triangle Adept on the foe if they have advantage.

Got pity broken by a random Bernie and can really use that spd/def lull for my next big merge project.

So my question is, is there anything she does that a +speed Claude at +2 merge level can't do that would make it worth keeping her?

My other option would be sniping on green on the big seasonal rerun to try and get a NY Lethe for it. And its not like i'll be mad with an extra winter Sothis if that shows up since I really could use another to patch up my current ones -speed IV