"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 hours ago, Faellin said:

Thinking of trying to make my Hrid into a more player phase focus nuke. His whole DC debuff tanking is kinda falling flat these days, and Seliph does the whole thing a ton better.

So any good build suggestions to turn him into a more player phase focused unit? I already have him at +attack with a +4 merge level. So he is more or less good to go.

Mostly thinking of swapping out distant counter for a more pure player phase focused skill. I just want to make him function a bit differently then legendary Seliph. While still having it be possible for him to consistantly trigger his pref weapon doubles.

And on a completely unrelated note. Perceval coming up -attack isn't the end of the world right? He just randomly showed up for me off the awakening summer rerun.

I personally recommend a Galeforce build. Melee units' strongest advantage over ranged units is that they can Galeforce.

Death Blow, Atk/Def Solo, Atk/Res Solo are good on the A slot. If you are using him purely on player phase, Death Blow is fine. Solos have positioning requirements, but they work on both phases and give more overall stats. For his B slot, I strongly recommend recommend Lull Atk/Def. For C slot, I lean towards Atk Smoke both to help activate Heavy Blade Sacred Seal and to make him a little less dependent on healing, since he does need to eat a counter attack to activate Galeforce.

You can also run Heavy Blade 4 on A and a Solo on Sacred Seal, but I would hold off on doing that until Atk/Stat Solos get released.

I am not fan of Heavy Blade-Death Blow combo since it does not give as much stats compared to Heavy Blade-Solo combo. And if you want to use Death Blow, Death Blow-Heavy Blade is better than Heavy Blade-Death Blow, as Death Blow-Heavy Blow would give you guaranteed 2 more damage per hit instead of conditional 5 damage per hit, and Death Blow-Heavy Blade also lets you win the stat comparison easier.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, XRay said:

but they should be good enough for Tempest Trials and Lunatic Grand Conquest.

If "good enough" and Tempest Trials and Lunatic Grand Conquest are the metric you're using, then it literally doesn't matter anymore. Thrasir with her default Flashing Blade 4 and no Sacred Seal is already plenty good enough, even though Flashing Blade 4 is trash.

20 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So I updated Ferdie:

fire_emblem_heroes_2020_07_08_12_16_58_b

Best B slot for PvE content?

Most Enemy Phase units want Quick Riposte. You want Quick Riposte either on the B slot or Sacred Seal slot. I generally prefer Quick Riposte on the Sacred Seal slot and run a Lull on the B slot, but you can achieve similar results with Quick Riposte on B and Steady Posture on Sacred Seal.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Most Enemy Phase units want Quick Riposte. You want Quick Riposte either on the B slot or Sacred Seal slot. I generally prefer Quick Riposte on the Sacred Seal slot and run a Lull on the B slot, but you can achieve similar results with Quick Riposte on B and Steady Posture on Sacred Seal.

He reaches 50 speed apparently so why QR if he can double naturally?

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Most Spd tanks cannot double consistently. Even the Spd tank variety of super tanks with tons of stat stacking have issues with doubling sometimes, although they generally make up for it with lots of stats elsewhere to make not doubling certain units less problematic.

A lot of units lately can reach 50 Spd or more, and going over 45 Spd is not exactly difficult for most units. For infantry sword units, especially the latest ones, 50 Spd is pretty easy to achieve for most without even using buffs and/or Sacred Seals. For example. neutral Mareeta at +0+0 reaches 52 Spd with just her base kit alone. A simple Speed +3 Sacred Seal will push her to 55 Spd and let her double Ferdinand and possibly land a kill with a Special trigger.

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Because even in PvE content, there are a lot of sword units with absurdly high Spd.

Even with generic units, the generic Sword Fighters in Seliph's Abyssal Legendary Hero Battle have 54+6 and 56+5 Spd.

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

For example. neutral Mareeta at +0+0 reaches 52 Spd with just her base kit alone.

That said, Mareeta has "Null Follow-Up Solo" on her weapon.

When skills compare stats(ex: Spd vs. Spd) at the start of combat between the skill holder and the opponent, does the skill take into account the combat buffs the enemy will be getting or does it only check against the opponent's visible stat for comparison?

Edited by Flying Shogi

20 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

When skills compare stats(ex: Spd vs. Spd) at the start of combat between the skill holder and the opponent, does the skill take into account the combat buffs the enemy will be getting or does it only check against the opponent's visible stat for comparison?

In-combat effects are not active during a start-of-combat comparison.

Not sure how I want to build Sylvain. I would ideally love to keep his weapon intact. For fodder, I have SS3 and Atk Spd Solo 3 readily available. I also have more good stuff, but I cannot seem to decide what to do with his A slot first lol. I really would love to make him as premium as possible.

13 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

Not sure how I want to build Sylvain. I would ideally love to keep his weapon intact. For fodder, I have SS3 and Atk Spd Solo 3 readily available. I also have more good stuff, but I cannot seem to decide what to do with his A slot first lol. I really would love to make him as premium as possible.

His Weapon is not great in my opinion. I would go with classic Blade tomes if you want him to nuke things. For his A slot, Swift Sparrow is much better in my opinion. Atk/Spd Solo gives an extra point in Atk, but it has positioning requirements. I would also save Solos for staff users since the only other type of good offensive A skill they have access to are Pushes.

19 minutes ago, XRay said:

His Weapon is not great in my opinion. I would go with classic Blade tomes if you want him to nuke things. For his A slot, Swift Sparrow is much better in my opinion. Atk/Spd Solo gives an extra point in Atk, but it has positioning requirements. I would also save Solos for staff users since the only other type of good offensive A skill they have access to are Pushes.

Thank you 🙂

I am an off and on player and have a random question - many of you talk about not really looking at tier lists because "you can make any player good." Is that really true? Can you make anyone good or are there obviously very good players that you should invest your energy in?

I've spent 700 of my Ephemera 6 codes on the 5*s and Klein, but I haven't been sure who to pick for the last 100. Probably not Ares, but I'm pretty ambivalent between Sully, Lon'qu, and Kaze. Who have people been picking?

Edit: Looks like between manuals and extra units, I have 17 4* Sullys, 10 4* Lon'qus, and 4 4* Kazes. So probably Kaze.

Speaking of Ephemera manuals, I have no idea what to do with the Alm from a while ago. I could just feed it to my old Byleth M, I guess? Although it'd be nice if there's someone common who could make use of it, so I could merge them. 

1 hour ago, jameslove001 said:

I am an off and on player and have a random question - many of you talk about not really looking at tier lists because "you can make any player good." Is that really true? Can you make anyone good or are there obviously very good players that you should invest your energy in?

You can make any character good, but some will take way more investment to be good, and some characters just have better stats or really powerful unique skills that others don't. It's always a question of what you're going for and how much you're willing to put in to get there.

Edited by Othin

So I managed to get summer Ingrid and Byleth/Rhea. Sadly, with a speed flaw and a attack asset and a attack flaw and Res asset respectively. Which isn't brilliant. 

Also have a Laevatein with an HP flaw and a Res asset.

Any suggestions on how to build these three units? Ingrid already seems to be a pretty strong mixed phase unit out of the gate.

While I am at it, I also managed to get the original Sothis and was wondering what would be a good build for her (Speed asset and HP flaw)

2 hours ago, uhmuzing said:

Is the 5x SP event a regular thing, or was it just a one-time thing? 

Any chance there will be 5x SP instead of 2x tomorrow?

It's something they do occasionally for special events. If they haven't said anything, I wouldn't expect it. Probably the next time we'll get it is August., to celebrate the half-anniversary and/or CYL.

9 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

Just want to expand on @Othin's point a little more. You can make almost anyone usable given enough resources, but each unit has limitations on how well the can do certain roles.

There are several factors to consider when building a unit:
1. The mode you are using the unit in
2. The role you are having the unit to fulfill
3. The unit's skill access
4. The unit's stat distribution/BST

The mode you are using the unit in is the biggest factor in determining how well a unit does. While I generally place much more emphasis on a unit's performance in Aether Raids, how you build a unit for Aether Raids is very different from how you build a unit for Røkkr Sieges. For example, the White Wings (Palla, Catria, Est), Cain, and Abel are far from being top tier in Aether Raids or any other mode, but the performance they give for the value you spend for Røkkr Sieges is pretty amazing. They are all really easy to summon and cheap to build, and the most expensive resource they use is basically just Divine Dew for their Weapons and the time you need to accumulate Feathers.

7 hours ago, Othin said:

I've spent 700 of my Ephemera 6 codes on the 5*s and Klein, but I haven't been sure who to pick for the last 100. Probably not Ares, but I'm pretty ambivalent between Sully, Lon'qu, and Kaze. Who have people been picking?

Edit: Looks like between manuals and extra units, I have 17 4* Sullys, 10 4* Lon'qus, and 4 4* Kazes. So probably Kaze.

I went with Kaze. I would normally go with Klein due to Death Blow and Quick Riposte, but I still have well over 20 Kleins. On the other hand, I got less than 10 Kazes. For Kaze, I mostly need him for Atk Smoke for my enemy phase units, but also want to keep a few around for Barb Shuriken in case I ever get the itch to build player phase dagger units.

7 hours ago, Othin said:

Speaking of Ephemera manuals, I have no idea what to do with the Alm from a while ago. I could just feed it to my old Byleth M, I guess? Although it'd be nice if there's someone common who could make use of it, so I could merge them. 

Reinhardt can make use of it, although I cannot say for certain it was ever great. I have used Watersweep Reinhardt before in Arena years ago, but it did not work out so well, although it was harder to Spd stack back then.

6 hours ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

So I managed to get summer Ingrid and Byleth/Rhea. Sadly, with a speed flaw and a attack asset and a attack flaw and Res asset respectively. Which isn't brilliant. 

Also have a Laevatein with an HP flaw and a Res asset.

Any suggestions on how to build these three units? Ingrid already seems to be a pretty strong mixed phase unit out of the gate.

While I am at it, I also managed to get the original Sothis and was wondering what would be a good build for her (Speed asset and HP flaw)

Most of those Flaws are not great, but they are still pretty usable. If you plan to merge them in the future, then the Flaws do not matter. -HP is pretty bad for enemy phase units, but it is great for player phase units since it helps them reach Desperation and Wings of Mercy range easier. In my opinion, -HP is good enough to be considered a valuable "Asset" that it is worth avoiding merges for if merging will take a unit's HP to over 40.

Laevatein

Spoiler

Counter-Vantage:
+Atk
Laevatein
Reposition
Moonbow
Distant Counter
Vantage
Savage Blow — Def Smoke
Brazen Atk/Spd

Standard Player Phase:
+Spd
Laevatein
Reposition
Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

Blazing Nuke
+Atk
Laevatein
Reposition
Moonbow
Life and Death — Heavy Blade
Special Spiral
(Any C)
Heavy Blade — Hardy Bearing — Attack +3

OM!Ingrid

Spoiler

Standard Player Phase:
+Spd
Starpoint Lance — Brave Lance — Slaying Lance
Spd Refinement
Reposition
Moonbow — Luna (with Brave Lance)
Desperation
(Any C)

Mixed Phase:
I personally do not really recommend mixed phase, but her base kit can sort of work for that role. I recommend using Solos or Pushes on the A slot, and you might want to consider using Guard or Dull Close for the B slot. If you are using Atk/Spd Push, then I also recommend running Mystic Boost on the B slot.

OM!F!Byleth

Spoiler

Standard Player Phase:
+Spd
Sun's Percussors
Reposition
Ruptured Sky
Desperation
(Any C)

Counter-Vantage:
+Atk
Rauðrblade
Reposition
Moonbow
Close Counter
Vantage
Savage Blow — Res Smoke
Brazen Atk/Spd

Sothis

Spoiler

Her base kit is mostly fine in my opinion, so I would just leave it as is and slap Reposition on her. If you do want to improve her vanilla kit's play style, you can try using Atk/Spd Push.

Enemy Phase Spd Tank:
+Spd
Sublime Surge
Reposition — Swap
Sirius
Swift Stance (tier 3 not yet released)
Lull Atk/Spd — Quick Riposte
(Any C) — Atk Smoke — Panic Smoke — Pulse Smoke
Quick Riposte — Swift Stance — Spd/Res Solo

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Just want to expand on @Othin's point a little more. You can make almost anyone usable given enough resources, but each unit has limitations on how well the can do certain roles.

There are several factors to consider when building a unit:
1. The mode you are using the unit in
2. The role you are having the unit to fulfill
3. The unit's skill access
4. The unit's stat distribution/BST

The mode you are using the unit in is the biggest factor in determining how well a unit does. While I generally place much more emphasis on a unit's performance in Aether Raids, how you build a unit for Aether Raids is very different from how you build a unit for Røkkr Sieges. For example, the White Wings (Palla, Catria, Est), Cain, and Abel are far from being top tier in Aether Raids or any other mode, but the performance they give for the value you spend for Røkkr Sieges is pretty amazing. They are all really easy to summon and cheap to build, and the most expensive resource they use is basically just Divine Dew for their Weapons and the time you need to accumulate Feathers.

I went with Kaze. I would normally go with Klein due to Death Blow and Quick Riposte, but I still have well over 20 Kleins. On the other hand, I got less than 10 Kazes. For Kaze, I mostly need him for Atk Smoke for my enemy phase units, but also want to keep a few around for Barb Shuriken in case I ever get the itch to build player phase dagger units.

Yeah, I ended up going with Klein and Kaze since there's enough codes to pick two of them. Draw Back is nice on a lot of units, but it seems like I have more than enough suppliers of it and Reposition right now. Vantage and Glimmer don't seem to be in super high demand among my units, but I've found myself a bit low on Iceberg fodder recently.

37 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So of the Ephemera 7 who's worth getting?

That's a good question, they all have pretty useful skills. Looking at my own barracks, I'll probably go for Echidna and Legault for my 4*s, since they have neat C skills and I'm a lot lower on copies of those two than on Roy and Silas. I don't have a ton of Odins, but I have other Moonbow sources and I haven't found him to be in high demand otherwise, so I'm not worried about him.

Edited by Othin

6 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

@Othin The current estimate is that we'll only get 770 Ephemera 7, so assuming that's true I can only pick up Legault I think. The rest I don't feel are good enough to sacrifice a 5* manual for, even one as useless as Summer Leo.

Oh, huh, I hadn't realized how unusually high the Ephemera 6 count had been. In that case I'll have to decide between Legault and Echidna.

Maybe sometime I'll want to give Leo's Tomato Tome to one of my merge projects just to be able to say they have it, who knows.

Edited by Othin

With Resplendent bonuses and dragonflowers, Robin can achieve a max speed of 40. Is it worth investing in as an asset now?

Perhaps something like:

Tactical Bolt

Draw Back/Reposition

Moonbow/Glimmer

Atk/Spd Solo, Atk/Spd Push, or Brazen Atk/Spd

Lull Spd/Res or Chill Spd

Drive Spd

Atk/Spd seal

Honestly wouldn't quite know how to build him.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

With Resplendent bonuses and dragonflowers, Robin can achieve a max speed of 40. Is it worth investing in as an asset now?

Perhaps something like:

Tactical Bolt

Draw Back/Reposition

Moonbow/Glimmer

Atk/Spd Solo, Atk/Spd Push, or Brazen Atk/Spd

Lull Spd/Res or Chill Spd

Drive Spd

Atk/Spd seal

Honestly wouldn't quite know how to build him.

What role do you want him fill? Unless you know what you want him to do, it does not make sense to plan his skills yet.

Players generally do not use him as a nuke, but if you want to do that, he needs Blárblade, not Tactical Bolt.
Player Phase:
+Spd
Blárblade
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky — Glimmer
Desperation
(Any C)

Raven Mage:
+Def/Res
Tactical Bolt
Def Refinement — Res Refinement
Reposition — Swap
Ruptured Sky — Glimmer
Triangle Adept
Bowbreaker — Daggerbreaker — Guard — Null C-Disrupt — Lull Atk/Res — Quick Riposte
(Any C) — Time's Pulse
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Def, Atk/Res, or Def/Res) — Quick Riposte

Buffer:
Tactical Bolt [special]
(Any Assist) — Reposition — Smite
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky — Glimmer
Fury — Fortress Def/Res — Life and Death
(Any Chill) — (Any Snag)
(Any C) — (Any Drive) — (Any Guard) 
(Any Chill) — (Any Drive) — (Any Guard)

Edited by XRay