"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

26 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Thanx

@TheSilentChloey If it's the Summer Paralogues, I'd not go for an Offensive approach unless it's like Ophelia spam or something, a good Vantage unit or tank should be able to handle them all pretty fine

That's why I swapped out for Male Grima and Regal with Veronica.  Morgan did clear the non CC maps with Grima's Truth and his usual dancing team, but not the stat balls that are the CCs.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

That's why I swapped out for Male Grima and Regal with Veronica.  Morgan did clear the non CC maps with Grima's Truth and his usual dancing team, but not the stat balls that are the CCs.

Is there a particular enemy that you could not kill in the Chain Challenge? Rauðrblade pretty much overpowered every enemy for me. Growing Wind and Savage Blow also helps a lot since enemies tend to clump up together, so if there is a bulky enemy that a Blade mage cannot handle right away, targeting other enemies around it to deal chip against the bulky enemy is usually enough to kill the bulky enemy when the Blade mage can come back to it.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Is there a particular enemy that you could not kill in the Chain Challenge? Rauðrblade pretty much overpowered every enemy for me. Growing Wind and Savage Blow also helps a lot since enemies tend to clump up together, so if there is a bulky enemy that a Blade mage cannot handle right away, targeting other enemies around it to deal chip against the bulky enemy is usually enough to kill the bulky enemy when the Blade mage can come back to it.

It's called recoil damage from Fury.  I think you'd understand that at least.

3 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Recoil damage can't kill you and Desperation prevents enemies from attacking you. If enemies get a chance to attack you at all when you're using a player-phase Litrblade unit, you're doing something wrong.

Arden has a base HP of 60. With +4 from merges, +1 from dragonflowers, +5 from a refined weapon, and +10 from double HP+5, he can hit 80 HP. If he's then deployed in Aether Raids alongside four mythics of the right element, what happens? Does his HP cap at 99?

8 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Recoil damage helps activate Wings of Mercy on Dancers/Singers to get out of harm's way. A player phase nuke is not meant to get hit once they reach low HP. In emergency situations, you use Dancers/Singers as meat shields to protect the nuke. For most Chain Challenges, you can generally still win the rest of the maps even if you lose a Dancer/Singer half way, as you still have two others to support the nuke.

Edited by XRay

23 hours ago, XRay said:

Recoil damage helps activate Wings of Mercy on Dancers/Singers to get out of harm's way. A player phase nuke is not meant to get hit once they reach low HP. In emergency situations, you use Dancers/Singers as meat shields to protect the nuke. For most Chain Challenges, you can generally still win the rest of the maps even if you lose a Dancer/Singer half way, as you still have two others to support the nuke.

He was dying on enemy phase because he/dancers couldn't get out of range.  Which is why I ended up swaping to Regal, Male Grima, Veronica and Aqua.  Team Morgan couldn't cope with EP.

Is there any way to not watch replays when doing auto-dispatch in Aether Raids? The whole reason to do auto-dispatch is to save time IMO, so I don't understand why I'm being forced to watch something I have no control over.

4 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

He was dying on enemy phase because he/dancers couldn't get out of range.  Which is why I ended up swaping to Regal, Male Grima, Veronica and Aqua.  Team Morgan couldn't cope with EP.

The only map where I had issues with being in enemy range was the third map with all the Summer Passing units. That map has cavalry and ranged units so it is hard to avoid being in enemy range. I had to bait all the enemies towards the middle of the map, and then have Tharja (or whatever nuke the player is using) ignore the front most (or second front most) enemy, have Tharja clear out the rest, and have Tharja clear the enemy in the back last. Having Tharja clearing the enemy in the back last will give enough space between the front most enemy and Tharja. I think I left SP!Lute alive since she was either the one closest or second closest to my team at the start of the second turn. Once Tharja cleared the last enemy in the back, Tharja is too far for SP!Lute to attack, so SP!Lute just attacked one of my Dancers/Singers instead, but SP!Lute was not able to secure a kill since all my Dancers/Singers at that point still had full HP.

2 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Is there any way to not watch replays when doing auto-dispatch in Aether Raids? The whole reason to do auto-dispatch is to save time IMO, so I don't understand why I'm being forced to watch something I have no control over.

I believe the replay is to help you decide what skills are better for auto battling. For example, A slots Breaths are not the best A skill in my opinion under player control, but it is pretty good under AI control in Tempest Trials since it helps the unit charge Aether quickly for healing. I assume auto battling in Aether Raids would give easy enemies like in Tempest Trials, so the unit does not need something top tier like a tier 3 Stance skill, and they just need some form of consistent automatic healing.

Not sure how to skip replays though.

Edited by XRay

I guess I don't know well enough how Resonant Battle scoring works...

I'm in Interval 10 this season, and my team has been Harmonized Mia, Altena (+2), YT!Olivia, and Panne (+2). I've managed to get a score of 355 by stopping all the thieves and defeating all the foes without suffering any casualties, but I'm still at the very bottom of the rankings and I'll drop down to Interval 9 next season probably. 

My question is, what else goes into the scoring besides the Harmonized Hero, Bonus Title Heroes, stopping the thieves and clearing the map?

7 minutes ago, uhmuzing said:

I guess I don't know well enough how Resonant Battle scoring works...

I'm in Interval 10 this season, and my team has been Harmonized Mia, Altena (+2), YT!Olivia, and Panne (+2). I've managed to get a score of 355 by stopping all the thieves and defeating all the foes without suffering any casualties, but I'm still at the very bottom of the rankings and I'll drop down to Interval 9 next season probably. 

My question is, what else goes into the scoring besides the Harmonized Hero, Bonus Title Heroes, stopping the thieves and clearing the map?

I think that is basically it.

I believe it is just the number Harmonized Heroes, number of bonus title Heroes, number of thieves you killed, and number of losses you sustained.

What tier you are in also affects your score, so you get a higher base score in higher tiers, but that is not really under your complete control.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, Adrestian_Emperor said:

What would be the best Sacred Seal for S!Byleth? My S!Byleth is +HP -SPD.

I recommend Brazen Atk/Spd on that slot since it gives the most Atk/Spd. Additionally, I recommend replacing her Chill with Desperation since she cannot activate her Duo Desperation consistently enough if you are using her as a combat unit frequently.

Her Atk/Spd Push is fine most cases, but if you need her to do more than 2 or 3 rounds of combat, I recommend switching to another A skill such as Life and Death, since Atk/Spd Push has an HP minimum requirement and will automatically stop working after a while.

Edited by XRay

Does anyone know what the current cutoff for staying in T21 is?

In particular, would 3,840 or 3,850 likely be enough? I've been thinking about merging Sheena, and if doing it now could get me two weeks in T21, that'd be pretty tempting.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Does anyone know what the current cutoff for staying in T21 is?

In particular, would 3,840 or 3,850 likely be enough? I've been thinking about merging Sheena, and if doing it now could get me two weeks in T21, that'd be pretty tempting.

Looking at this thread, 3840 is around the threshold, but that means it isn't safe - indeed it looks like 3840 was a demotion this week (Ctrl-F 3840 shows one guy who got that score being demoted, and 3842 looks to be just in).

3850 is completely safe though.

Edited by Humanoid

On 7/11/2020 at 8:03 AM, XRay said:

I would not worry about inheriting Galeforce. I would prioritize Atk/Spd Solo, and I would save that for a staff unit since the only other good player phase A skill option they have is Atk/Spd Push.

Personally, I would either merge Yarne or give Atk/Spd Solo to a staff unit. Life and Death is good enough in most other unit's cases.

One reason I want to inherit Galeforce with Atk/Spd Solo is the cost of Galeforce. It's 20k to 22k feathers from a Cordelia or inheriting it from a 5*-only unit. Atk/Spd Solo is the main priority and Galeforce is bonus for someone who can use it well. If we had a 3* to 4* summonable unit with Odd Spd Wave, then that would be a more flexible, but not as potent bonus.

So, that is a reason why I did not mention a healer or even a ranged unit. For healers, CYL Camilla and CYL Veronica are my only high offenses healers where CYL Camilla is the one that introduced Atk/Spd Push 4 and CYL Veronica is used for F2P strategies, so I don't want to mess with her a lot. Veronica's +Atk, -Def, so running Fortress Def 1 in her empty A passive gives her her neutral stat spread. I could swap it out when I need to, but I'm waiting on for the CYL3 free pick's expiry notice to come up to decide if I should pick her for a neutral copy and allow this one to be free and merged or just keep her with this role as a substitute, pick someone else for skills, and hope that a miraculous neutral one will appear. Barracks space issues... My CYL Camilla is +Atk, -Spd? and +1 merged.

I never summoned Loki, bride Fjorm, Maribelle, or Elise. Although it would be overkill, bride Fjorm I think I would rather stick with her HP/Atk 2 or inherit HP/Spd 2 and run HP/Spd 2 as her seal. The next best thing I have would be Wah!Mia who is +Atk and +1 merged so she has 33/35 offenses, Lucius, Mercedes, Serra, hot springs Sakura who is +Atk, -Spd so she has 38/29 offenses, and the free Emmeryns if I were to make one a 5* and where Emmeryn's 32/34 neutral offenses is the best I think for a 3* to 4* summonable healer. Lucius, Mercedes, and Serra I can choose from +Atk or +Spd and there's also a Brady (+Atk, -Spd) if I were to 5* him and give him a merge to fix the -Spd flaw. Regardless, I'm not to keen on giving any of them Atk/Spd Solo and from a unit who has Galeforce.

Atk/Spd Solo is the new Swift Sparrow where many of the new, shiny high offenses units have it, but of those units, the ones without that great of other skills to inherit from would be legendary Eirika, spring Fir, kind of sweaty F!Corrin, and then Yarne. Although, legendary Eirika has Lunar Brace shenanigans and spring Fir is one of the few, well, two high offenses axe fliers. Sweaty M!Corrin and Hilda on their own have high offenses and have Null Follow-Up, Larcei and Mareeta have Close Call/Repel, New Year's Lethe and Sirius have a Lull, and Sothis is a mythic and has Time's Pulse.

If I had a ton of copies of Wah!Mia or hot springs Sakura, then maybe them because they're fliers. Otherwise, Emmeryn for her offenses or Nanna because she's a cavalry healer and easier to merge than Veronica, but 27/34 neutral offenses to Veronica's 32/36 and access to Hlidskjalf isn't that great. And with healers being ignored in weapon updates and for good reason because Gravity/Pain and Dazzling/Wrathful Staff are that powerful. Still, it shouldn't stop them from giving, say, Azama Pain+ and Dazzling Staff for the base effects of his staff and something stupid like: "At start of combat, if foe's Atk ≥ unit's Atk+3, grants Def/Res+4 during combat and unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range", for its unique refinement. As if everything else isn't hellishly chaotic.

The other healers who have high attack, but low speed like Genny, I'd rather have them run Atk/Def or Atk/Res Solo depending on whatever their higher defensive stat is, but considering how special Solo skills are treated, that's likely to not happen in the near future. We got Spd/Res Solo as a seal recently, but it would be nice to have a Solo in the 3* to 4* summoning pool. Or Swift Sparrow 2 at this point.

On 7/11/2020 at 8:03 AM, XRay said:

Raven should be running double Life and Death (or triple whenever it gets a Seal). Having low bulk helps him summon Wings of Mercy allies. Same thing with Lon'qu. FH!Celica is bit too thicc bulky for my tastes.

I know I type a lot and perhaps too much, but I did mention Raven, witch Celica, Lon'qu, and Peri for that matter as units who would be fine with a "cheaper" Fury 3 or L&D3 and Galeforce. Cheap in this case means that they work just fine with either A passive or something else that is not as expensive as Atk/Spd Solo. Or that they want to retain their bulk for whatever reason which could include Karla, Linus, Lon'qu, and Raven. An example being PvE challenge maps and for whatever reason wanting very exact HP control where double L&D3 Raven doesn't work, but L&D3 and Atk/Spd Solo 3 Raven does. I already have Linus and Raven running L&D3, but Raven has yet to inherit Galeforce since I am still holding onto to feathers for the last remaining Echidna copies to show up and figuring out who or if I want to invest in a grail hero that isn't Aversa or Kronya or some other 3* to 4* summonable unit.

58 minutes ago, Kaden said:

One reason I want to inherit Galeforce with Atk/Spd Solo is the cost of Galeforce. It's 20k to 22k feathers from a Cordelia or inheriting it from a 5*-only unit. Atk/Spd Solo is the main priority and Galeforce is bonus for someone who can use it well. If we had a 3* to 4* summonable unit with Odd Spd Wave, then that would be a more flexible, but not as potent bonus.

While 20,000 Feathers sounds like a lot, it only represents about 1 week of game play, and the average player probably earns quite a bit more than that.

58 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I never summoned Loki, bride Fjorm, Maribelle, or Elise. Although it would be overkill, bride Fjorm I think I would rather stick with her HP/Atk 2 or inherit HP/Spd 2 and run HP/Spd 2 as her seal. The next best thing I have would be Wah!Mia who is +Atk and +1 merged so she has 33/35 offenses, Lucius, Mercedes, Serra, hot springs Sakura who is +Atk, -Spd so she has 38/29 offenses, and the free Emmeryns if I were to make one a 5* and where Emmeryn's 32/34 neutral offenses is the best I think for a 3* to 4* summonable healer. Lucius, Mercedes, and Serra I can choose from +Atk or +Spd and there's also a Brady (+Atk, -Spd) if I were to 5* him and give him a merge to fix the -Spd flaw. Regardless, I'm not to keen on giving any of them Atk/Spd Solo and from a unit who has Galeforce.

Atk/Spd Solo is the new Swift Sparrow where many of the new, shiny high offenses units have it, but of those units, the ones without that great of other skills to inherit from would be legendary Eirika, spring Fir, kind of sweaty F!Corrin, and then Yarne. Although, legendary Eirika has Lunar Brace shenanigans and spring Fir is one of the few, well, two high offenses axe fliers. Sweaty M!Corrin and Hilda on their own have high offenses and have Null Follow-Up, Larcei and Mareeta have Close Call/Repel, New Year's Lethe and Sirius have a Lull, and Sothis is a mythic and has Time's Pulse.

While Atk/Spd Solo is not bad, the reason I recommend Atk/Spd Solo for staff units is because regular player phase units can use Swift Sparrow and Life and Death, make better use of Brazen Atk/Spd, and all three skills are a lot easier to use. Atk/Spd Solo is not that great on regular nukes due to its positioning requirements, and while it is not as crap as Bonds, it is still far from ideal as nukes will oftentimes be adjacent to allies and it simply is not practical to have them move to a new position all the time.

And for Galeforce teams who may want a lot of its members run Wings of Mercy, Atk/Spd Solo does not really work very well in that set up.

If you really do not want to give it to a staff unit, the only other type of unit I can think that can use Solos somewhat well are dual phase Galeforcers. For Atk/Spd Solo you want to use it on a high Spd unit, and also probably give them a defensive B skill that is active on both phases. Null Follow-Up, Close Call/Repel, Lulls, etc. are premium options, but there is also Dull Close if you do not mind spending Grails, and Guard (its HP requirement sucks though) and Breakers for really cheap options. The main issue with dual phase Galeforcers in my opinion is that they do not feel that great, at least when I used them. While it is nice to be able to have them break away from the main team and do their own thing, that kind of play style is very hard to support properly using a regular team, so if the Galeforcer gets into trouble, it is hard to extract them out of enemy range. I am also not super convinced that the dual phase portion for those Galeforcers is really that necessary either, although it certainly is fun and mesmerizing to watch them auto battle on easy modes like Training Tower and Special Training Maps.

Edited by XRay

7 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Looking at this thread, 3840 is around the threshold, but that means it isn't safe - indeed it looks like 3840 was a demotion this week (Ctrl-F 3840 shows one guy who got that score being demoted, and 3842 looks to be just in).

3850 is completely safe though.

Hmm. If I run BK/Gwendolyn/Jaffar/Sheena all at +10 with the highest-scoring skills I can reasonably get onto them, I can get 760-point matches, which can reasonably get to 3850. But I only have one Armor March on that team right now, so everyone would be dependent on Jaffar. I could give Armored Boots to BK, but that'd drop the max score to 758, which would mean I'd need at least one max-score match to get above 3840. And I didn't particularly enjoy trying to get runs involving 1-2 max-score matches this week.

Decisions, decisions.

Edited by Othin

So a run for Summer Wolt for that coveted Brazen for Noire(and I thought they did my boi dirty at first haha) resulted in a second Micaiah and a Fallen Mareeta, at which point I cut my losses because apparently I only need like 30 Orbs to hit two phenomenal 5S exclusives and...a Micaiah, for whatever she’s worth. Anyways, my free pull was also the coveted Broadleaf Fan - I mean, Summer Lilina, with -HP +DEF, which in a staggering coincidence is also the IVs of my OG Lilina, huh. Anyways, are these two(Lilina/Mareeta) good to just use their base kits or should I be working with some specialized crap or something?

I also managed to pull Summer Byleth because apparently when I need people in swimsuits other people in swimsuits start throwing themselves on me I don’t know I never asked for these superpowers anyways, how’s she build?

45 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Anyways, are these two(Lilina/Mareeta) good to just use their base kits or should I be working with some specialized crap or something?

You'll obviously want to fill in Summer Lilina's empty Special slot, ideally with a 2-cooldown Special, and probably switch out her Assist skill for Reposition unless you need the Rally for a rally trap.

Her default Atk/Res Solo is fine, especially if you want to occasionally use her for a counter kill in PvE content, but Death Blow is more consistent on a pure player phase build.

If you don't have premium A skills, Fallen Mareeta's Flashing Blade 4 is fine to keep. Swift Sparrow 3 + Flashing Blade 3 is typically considered to be better than Flashing Blade 4 + Swift Sparrow 2, but Flashing Blade 4 + Swift Sparrow 2 is going to be better than non-premium alternatives.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

I also managed to pull Summer Byleth because apparently when I need people in swimsuits other people in swimsuits start throwing themselves on me I don’t know I never asked for these superpowers anyways, how’s she build?

Her default kit is fine. Just fill in the missing Assist slot.

And of course, for all three characters, you can replace the C slot for something else depending on your team composition. Same with Lilina's and Byleth's B slots.

How is Cloud Maiougi in the Arena? I have one on hand from Divine Codes now, been thinking of giving it to Winter Jaffar. He's currently got his base Minty Cane, which is fine but not always very relevant. I've been thinking of giving him the free Lethal Carrot, but that doesn't seem great in a mode where he's forced to run Aether. Cloud Maiougi wouldn't help with Winter Sothis, but it seems nice for dealing with Fallen Tiki.

Also, what nature is preferred for DC-VF Sheena? Mine is currently +Def, but while I'm merging her, I could easily switch to +Res or +Atk. Since her Def is a lot higher and magic attacks can hit pretty hard, I'm leaning towards +Res.

Edited by Othin

On 7/12/2020 at 9:23 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Recoil damage can't kill you and Desperation prevents enemies from attacking you. If enemies get a chance to attack you at all when you're using a player-phase Litrblade unit, you're doing something wrong.

Against Cavalry like the ones in the CCs, that don't get immediately deleted on player phase or that stupid red archer pinning my damn fliers I think I'd have more than enough reason to just go with my EP teams.  At least Grima can handle that bullshit map.

I mentioned this in a previous post, but I am an on-again, off-again player so I want to maximize what I have before I take time off again. I am just curious what you think about my current "core team." I basically use these three as my base for every mode and plug and play missing pieces. I will also list some other 5 stars I have that I can substitute. (please excuse subtitles, I forget people's nicknames for some units that have multiple forms in the game, and tried to identify which version they were)

Team: Veronica - Brave Princess, Micaiah - Queen of Dawn (Green Tome), Fjorm - Princess of Ice

Basically I like the team since Veronica can heal or reduce damage, Micaiah destroys horsies and armored units and Fjorm endures abuse well. I haven't inherited any skills, so they are using base kits. 

Other 5 stars at my disposal are Tiki - Torpid Dragon, Sothis - Girl on the Throne, Surtr, Ike - Vangaurd Legend, Ced, Nailah, Innes - Flawless Form, Dorothea (my current favorite fourth member), Yune, Peony, Eir, Tibarn, Ninian, Tana - Winged Princess, Lucina, the Askr Trio, Xander, Lorenz, Eirika - Anamnesis Lady, Kjelle, Reinhardt, and a second copy of Tiki.

Any thoughts on changes would be helpful