"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

27 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you get any of those Heroes in the picture, you get either Sothis, DM!Ephraim, Nagi, or Bernadetta. If you get a wrong Hero that is red, you get Sothis. If you get a wrong Hero that is blue, you get DM!Ephraim. And so on and so forth.

You can check the in game Notifications on the Home screen for more detail, it is next to the Present List. If you have trouble finding the specific notification, you can read it here on Gamepedia.

Thanks that's very helpful and clear.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, tralak123 said:

Also in general, are these "wrong" heroes impossible to get now except through revival focus banners?

The recent update added icons and category names for the different banner types. I believe the breakdown is:

• "New Heroes", "Special Heroes", and "Hero Fest" banners exclude the heroes in that image.
  • "Summoning Focus" and "Revival Summon" banners can have any 5* hero of the color in question (aside from Special/Legendary/Mythic Heroes), including the ones in that image.
  • "Double Special Heroes" and "Legendary/Mythic Heroes" banners don't have any off-focus 5* units at all.
  • "Free Summon (Random)", and "Free 5* Summon" banners are special events that just give you a single hero out of the listed ones, so they don't have any off-focus units of any rarity.

You can go to "Appearance Rates" and then "Details" to see a full list of the units available on a given banner and what rarities they're available at.

Edited by Othin

Which S Seal would be better for Ferdinand's current build?:

Spoiler

fire_emblem_heroes_2020_08_09_14_49_27_b

Also are there any team members he'd particularly like to have on hand?  I've got him in a bare bones Cavalry team consisting of Summer Mia, Brave Roy and Brave Lyn, but I'm sure he has better cav options/need them to be relatively cheep since fodder is always low as I don't summon a whole lot.

14 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Which S Seal would be better for Ferdinand's current build?:

As a Spd/Def tank, I recommend Quick Riposte or Steady Posture. Quick Riposte helps him double fast units as well as counteracting Impact skills. Steady Posture makes him harder to double and provide extra bulk.

15 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Also are there any team members he'd particularly like to have on hand?  I've got him in a bare bones Cavalry team consisting of Summer Mia, Brave Roy and Brave Lyn, but I'm sure he has better cav options/need them to be relatively cheep since fodder is always low as I don't summon a whole lot.

If you are just using the team to clear the monthly Training Tower cavalry quest, team composition does not matter since you can keep refreshing the map until you get something easy to beat.

If you are using the team to complete GHB quests, there is no point in having a set team either since you can preview the map and counterpick enemies like in Arena Assault. If the GHB map is long and has reinforcements though, you will want to bring a healer along to heal him back up.

31 minutes ago, XRay said:

As a Spd/Def tank, I recommend Quick Riposte or Steady Posture. Quick Riposte helps him double fast units as well as counteracting Impact skills. Steady Posture makes him harder to double and provide extra bulk.

If you are just using the team to clear the monthly Training Tower cavalry quest, team composition does not matter since you can keep refreshing the map until you get something easy to beat.

If you are using the team to complete GHB quests, there is no point in having a set team either since you can preview the map and counterpick enemies like in Arena Assault. If the GHB map is long and has reinforcements though, you will want to bring a healer along to heal him back up.

He's reaching 58 speed minimum so I don't think doubling is too much of a problem, unless he's getting chilled etc.  Still I can probably wait for Atk/Spd Solo s seal, or something similar to help him later on.

That said I haven't spent much time playing with Cavs so who knows?  Maybe he'll be out stripped in no time at all.

8 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

He's reaching 58 speed minimum so I don't think doubling is too much of a problem, unless he's getting chilled etc.  Still I can probably wait for Atk/Spd Solo s seal, or something similar to help him later on.

Swords are fast these days. Impact skills will also prevent your follow-up.

A +0 Lakche [+Spd] with just her default skills and no Sacred Seal is already hitting 54 Spd. At +10 with an optimized build, she can hit 63 Spd.

6 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Enemies sometimes have Impacts and that will shutdown doubles, and you need either Null Follow-Up or Quick Riposte to counteract that. Enemy generic units can also reach 55+ Spd on occasion, although that is uncommon. Fast bosses can often reach 60+ Spd though.

So, this time I have just a few quick questions for anyone kind enough to provide some insight:

1. I have the choice between +Atk and +Spd for Legendary Tiki, Valentian Catria and Bernadetta respectively. I'm leaning towards +Atk for Tiki (since she has only her standard Bold Fighter and no Special Fighter), +Atk for Catria (due to extra synergy with her weapon and the nice superboon she gets) and +Spd for Bernadetta (more Spd is always nice on a player phase unit, even though she admittedly does get very fast already). Any opinions?

2. Is there someone who would really appreciate Blade Session or should I just slap another merge on my Tsubasa? On the one side, the potential offensive boost is huge, but on the other the turn order requirement could be somewhat clunky to play around...

3. I've acquired some more Distant Counter fodder, and out of the following heroes, who would do how well with this new skill? I've considered Ares, Adrift Corrin (M), Itsuki and Legendary Marth so far, who should probably all benefit quite a bit from it. If there are other characters out there that are easy to get and would improve massively from adding DC, I'd be open to suggestions though.

Anyways, thanks for any advice 🙂

After hitting 800 Ephemera 7 codes, is there any point in continuing the current Hall of Forms event past floor 20? (Other than using Forma Souls, which I don't have.) It seems like the only rewards are more codes that still won't be enough to hit 900, and torches which would only be useful if you have something else you want to get out of the hall.

Now that Cecilia has a refinable Raventome, seems like a good time to ask: who among those with Prf refinable Raventomes would be a good candidate for +10ing and getting the extra +4 Atk/Def/Res? Keep in mind I already have Sophia built up, and she's partly why I ask.

Henry, Male Robin (I'm gonna have his Resplendent boost soon), Boey, Female Robin, and Cecilia are the current holders of Raventome prfs I don't have merged up (though they all do have some level of building, such as Henry having CC and QR3), with Lyon as a potential receiver within the next year. Each has their own ups and downs, but overall they all should end up serving the same end purpose: burying colorless units into the ground.

I know I could give any mage a Raventome, but the fact that the above have Prf raventomes mean they have a whole additional skill effect that a normal raventome just doesn't have, PLUS all but FemRobin above are easy to merge up and have the stats to support a defensive Raventome build.

@Sias +Spd on LegTiki is generally the route people go, and she doesn't necessarily need Special Fighter to take full advantage of it. She can still cancel out enemy follow-ups simply by outspeeding them. There may, however, be merit to having a slightly stronger LegTiki, as in Dragon matchups she'd have a little extra Atk to potentially get OHKOs better. As for the other two, Valentian Catria would indeed better appreciate the Atk asset, while Bernadetta would get the most bang for her buck with +Spd. Yes she is already very fast, neutral Spd Bernie hitting 50 Spd when Persecution Bow and Atk/Spd Push 4 are in effect, but you do need to remember that most offensive units these days are pushing exceedingly high levels of speed with their default kits alone, and they only get faster when in the hands of a player. But maybe you aren't playing at levels where you need 60 spd just to prevent follow-ups, in which case Atk would be the way to go. But if you ask me, that Spd superboon is there for a reason.

Not speaking from personal experience, but Blade Session seems somewhat iffy when most other skills usually only require positioning or combat initiation for maximum benefit, as opposed to needing to wait to be at its best. Tsubasa seems the one to get the biggest bang out of Blade Session since her prf already calls for an ally to act before her.

As for Distant Counter, it really depends on who you have at hand. Yes not everyone benefits from DC, but the easiest thing to say on the matter is "if the unit has enemy-phase or dual-phase benefits and/or would generally ruin a ranged units day by being able to retaliate, then they would probably love DC". Among the units you listed, I'd say that Ares with his access to powerful and endless Bonfire triggers paired with Vantage gives him some good merit for making use of it well.
If it helps, the units I've given Distant Counter to include Laevatein, Nah, Spooky Myrrh, Santa Ephraim, Jagen, Selkie, both Adrift Corrins, Naga, Brave Ike, and Amelia, all of whom have been able to return heavy fire to ranged units.

Edited by Xenomata

4 hours ago, Sias said:

1. I have the choice between +Atk and +Spd for Legendary Tiki, Valentian Catria and Bernadetta respectively. I'm leaning towards +Atk for Tiki (since she has only her standard Bold Fighter and no Special Fighter), +Atk for Catria (due to extra synergy with her weapon and the nice superboon she gets) and +Spd for Bernadetta (more Spd is always nice on a player phase unit, even though she admittedly does get very fast already). Any opinions?

Legendary Tiki is better with +Atk if you have no plans to give her Special Fighter in the future. She'll be better with +Spd otherwise.

Echoes Catria and Bernadetta can really go either way. I personally prefer giving more Spd to units that are already fast unless they have a serious deficiency in their Atk stat (which neither of them do) or unless they are being used for one-hit kill builds. +Spd will help in game modes with opponents with higher Spd and is more future-proof, but Spd is also slightly easier to boost with skills and support than Atk.

4 hours ago, Sias said:

2. Is there someone who would really appreciate Blade Session or should I just slap another merge on my Tsubasa? On the one side, the potential offensive boost is huge, but on the other the turn order requirement could be somewhat clunky to play around...

Blade Session is... interesting. It always provides a minimum of 3 Atk and Spd, which is actually decent, and if a single ally has already moved, the unit gets 6 Atk and Spd, which is nearly on par with Swift Sparrow 3.

The main problem is that player-phase units generally use their actions earlier in a turn rather than later due to the fact that you typically need to use a unit to pull the attacking unit back out of reach. However, that is less of an issue on Galeforce teams or teams with multiple dancers, which focus on plowing through the enemy instead of poking and backing off.

4 hours ago, Sias said:

3. I've acquired some more Distant Counter fodder, and out of the following heroes, who would do how well with this new skill? I've considered Ares, Adrift Corrin (M), Itsuki and Legendary Marth so far, who should probably all benefit quite a bit from it. If there are other characters out there that are easy to get and would improve massively from adding DC, I'd be open to suggestions though.

Basically all enemy-phase or dual-phase armors and infantry are good choices plus all units with a weapon with the Brave effect on enemy phase (Keaton, Sword Reinhardt, Laslow, etc.).

Ideally, you should invest your stronger skills on the units you use the most.

51 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Now that Cecilia has a refinable Raventome, seems like a good time to ask: who among those with Prf refinable Raventomes would be a good candidate for +10ing and getting the extra +4 Atk/Def/Res? Keep in mind I already have Sophia built up, and she's partly why I ask.

Henry, Male Robin (I'm gonna have his Resplendent boost soon), Boey, Female Robin, and Cecilia are the current holders of Raventome prfs I don't have merged up (though they all do have some level of building, such as Henry having CC and QR3), with Lyon as a potential receiver within the next year. Each has their own ups and downs, but overall they all should end up serving the same end purpose: burying colorless units into the ground.

Boey and Cecilia both have extremely solid weapons, and male Robin has a solid stat spread with his Resplendent boost, though his weapon's unique refine is extremely situational.

29 minutes ago, steil said:

how to activate resonant skills on AR-D?

The AI cannot activate Duo or Resonant skills ever.

4 hours ago, Sias said:

I lean towards +Spd for LD!Tiki to help counteract Null Follow-Up and to help prevent doubles.

For ZC!Catria, I lean towards +Spd as well to ensure doubles to maximize overall damage output on Player Phase; generally speaking doubling is far more important than hitting slightly harder to per hit. I am not how effective she is as a Counter-Vantage tank, but she can reach 74 Atk with +Atk and Brazen Atk/Spd at +0+0; if the average enemy has 50 Def, she will be dealing an extra 12 damage, giving her an effective 86 Atk, which is not too shabby, so +Atk does not sound too bad either if you plan to go this route. You can also keep both copies and give each a different build.

For Bernadetta, I would go with +Spd as well. Doubling is more important.

4 hours ago, Sias said:

I would merge. The stat buffs is not reliable in my opinion since it forces the unit to go last or somewhat last to get the most benefit. I guess it is not too bad on a follower Wings of Mercy Galeforcer, but it is not good on lead Galeforcers and any nuke (which is most nukes) that want that flexibility in turn order.

4 hours ago, Sias said:

Super tanks and Counter-Vantage units benefit the most from it. Ares is good since he can be a good Counter-Vantage unit. I would not recommend A!M!Corrin, Itsuki, nor HK!Marth unless you plan to turn them into super tanks.

The best Counter-Vantage unit that needs Distant Counter are Laevatein, Ares, BB!Nailah, Phina, TSOIA!Marth, and Keaton. Yarne, Laslow, and ZC!Catria might be okay too.

For super tanks, BH!Ike is by far the best candidate.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

After hitting 800 Ephemera 7 codes, is there any point in continuing the current Hall of Forms event past floor 20? (Other than using Forma Souls, which I don't have.) It seems like the only rewards are more codes that still won't be enough to hit 900, and torches which would only be useful if you have something else you want to get out of the hall.

I would go for it anyways. I have 90 Ephemera left over currently, and I think they might release a little more Ephemera in the near future. Feels kind of weird to leave it at 890 right now.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

I know I could give any mage a Raventome, but the fact that the above have Prf raventomes mean they have a whole additional skill effect that a normal raventome just doesn't have, PLUS all but FemRobin above are easy to merge up and have the stats to support a defensive Raventome build.

I am not saying Henry is amazing, but he has the unique distinction of being able to easily win Bramimond's Atk and Spd check because his visible Atk/Spd stats are absolute garbage. Even with Resplendent stats (or full Flowers) and two Altinas, as long as Henry does not have +Atk, Henry will reach 49 Atk, just 1 point below Bramimond's 50 Atk check.

5 minutes ago, steil said:

so its just design after an end turn?

Are you talking about the Resonant skill icon appearing at the start of the first enemy phase? That indicates that the skill has been refreshed.

Today I got 2 more Cecilias and I realised I have 15 in total. Thankfully one was 5* +Atk (from the new power banner) so I didn't have to spend feathers. I now have her at +Atk +1 with her tome (TA refine). How can I build her as I have never build a raven tome before? 

Edited by SuperNova125

48 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Today I got 2 more Cecilias and I realised I have 15 in total. Thankfully one was 5* +Atk (from the new power banner) so I didn't have to spend feathers. I now have her at +Atk +1 with her tome (TA refine). How can I build her as I have never build a raven tome before? 

Having Triangle Adept on your weapon gives you a stupidly large number of options for building.

Death Blow, Life and Death, or Swift Sparrow + Desperation for player phase.

Fierce Stance, Sturdy Stance, or Mirror Stance + Quick Riposte for counter-kill enemy phase.

Distant Def + Quick Riposte for bulky enemy phase.

Close Counter or Close Foil + Quick Riposte for Close Counter enemy phase.

You can also run Dull Ranged + Quick Riposte on the Sacred Seal slot for enemy phase builds.

Death Blow or Fierce Stance + Lull Atk/Res is an option to squeeze out a bit more damage for one-hit kills, though I'm not sure exactly how effective it is.

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

I have a +10 +Atk Cecilia, been running her in AR Light season to swat stuff like Ophelia and Brammimond. She used to run TA in her A slot and Distant Def in her S slot, but now that her A slot is freed up, I gave her a second set of Distant Def. I've found her extremely effective even before the refine, and of course it just makes her even better. (I use my Summoner Support on her, so she's a bit stronger than others, but I think the refine increases her power by more than a summoner support does.)

Other slots are pretty flexible depending on your team's needs. I've been going with Reposition, Luna, Hone Cavalry, and honestly, I'm still not sure what to do with her B slot. I've generally been playing around with G Tomebreaker, Vantage, and Guard, but they all seem pretty minor. G Tomebreaker is probably the most relevant of the three, since it targets like the one set of enemies she tangles with decently often without just obliterating them. Looking at @Ice Dragon's suggestions, Lull Atk/Res is probably the best option, but it's a rare skill and I don't have it. Quick Riposte is another option, but honestly, she never seems like she'd need it. Dull Ranged is a neat option I hadn't thought of, I'm interested in trying it out now.

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

I would go with:
Tome of Order [special]
Reposition — Swap
Glimmer
Sturdy Stance
Lull Atk/Res
(Any C)
Quick Riposte — Sturdy Stance — Atk/Def Solo (not yet released)
The build shuts down enemy Specials and buffs, and Quick Riposte ensures someone like SP!Mia dies on the second hit if she survives the first hit. If you do not see a lot of SP!Mias, you can run Sturdy Stance for extra bulk and punching power, and you can switch to Atk/Def Solo in the future for even better performance on both phases.

Is Spendthrift Bow particularly good on anyone? I got a spare Midori and I'd rather make use of Close Foil than merge her, but I'm on the fence about giving it to a mage or a bow user. Spendthrift Bow is pretty rare while Chill Attack is available on like 3-4 grail units, effective +7 atk/def/res is pretty huge, and with a low CD special, the cooldown effects really doesn't seem all that bad. That said, no one is really jumping out at me who'd especially want it that I plan on using and/or doesn't have a better option.

47 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Is Spendthrift Bow particularly good on anyone? I got a spare Midori and I'd rather make use of Close Foil than merge her, but I'm on the fence about giving it to a mage or a bow user. Spendthrift Bow is pretty rare while Chill Attack is available on like 3-4 grail units, effective +7 atk/def/res is pretty huge, and with a low CD special, the cooldown effects really doesn't seem all that bad. That said, no one is really jumping out at me who'd especially want it that I plan on using and/or doesn't have a better option.

Do you have any bow users you've already been putting a lot of merges and/or other investment into?

The way I see it, units you're investing a lot into are ones that are more likely to get mileage out of any given rare SI, since it means they'll have the stats and other skills to really back it up for whatever you'll want to do with it later. Personally, I don't have any +10 archers yet, but if I got a spare Midori, I'd hold onto her until I built one who seemed like they'd make good use of it.

50 minutes ago, Othin said:

Do you have any bow users you've already been putting a lot of merges and/or other investment into?

The way I see it, units you're investing a lot into are ones that are more likely to get mileage out of any given rare SI, since it means they'll have the stats and other skills to really back it up for whatever you'll want to do with it later. Personally, I don't have any +10 archers yet, but if I got a spare Midori, I'd hold onto her until I built one who seemed like they'd make good use of it.

Bold is kind of what I was thinking. Was skimming statline and Norne seems like a fairly good candidate I plan on building, plus possible future archers. I'm also working on a Cecilia who seemed like another good candidate, but would mean losing out on Spendthrift Bow. Which unit is more optimal for AR or whatever isn't exactly a concern as I've basically checked out from any PvP modes. Wasn't sure if SB was something that might seem good on paper but was mediocre in practice and fine to lose out on.

Edited by bottlegnomes

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

Spendthrift Bow is basically Randgriđr lite. Any archer with high Atk and high bulk can simulate the combat performance of CE!Chrom.

I personally prefer Close Counter over Close Foil. Any unit that you are giving a rare skill like that to will probably be a super tank, and in my opinion, having a super tank that can counter as many enemies as possible is more important than extra stats since you can always offload stats to buffers, but you generally cannot offload skill effects like Close Counter and Guard. You can offload some skill effects like A slot Breaths to a unit like BH!Lucina, but there are always some limitations to that such as BH!Lucina only working with physical Weapon users.

That being said, while I would not say dragons are super common, they are common enough for me to stick with Close Counter. However, most people seem to see dragons far less than I do, so if that is the case for you, Close Foil is better than Close Counter.

Merging Midori is also an option since she is basically red CE!Chrom, and having more CE!Chroms is a good idea in my opinion.

For me, I would prioritize the extra Midori as Spendthrift Bow fodder first, then merge fodder second, and then Close Foil fodder last.

With all this Cecilia talk, I'm starting to think now about Atk/Res Solo. I have an extra Flora, who would also make it possible to get QR3 without having to upgrade a Subaki. It'd mean giving up her extra Def from DD3, but she's pretty sturdy, and the Atk could come in handy. Are there other particularly good uses for an extra Flora?

48 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Bold is kind of what I was thinking. Was skimming statline and Norne seems like a fairly good candidate I plan on building, plus possible future archers. I'm also working on a Cecilia who seemed like another good candidate, but would mean losing out on Spendthrift Bow. Which unit is more optimal for AR or whatever isn't exactly a concern as I've basically checked out from any PvP modes. Wasn't sure if SB was something that might seem good on paper but was mediocre in practice and fine to lose out on.

Yeah, Norne makes sense as having especially high stats for a bow demote.