"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

50 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you are a paying player though, a lot more possibilities open up. In addition to DB!Julia, there is COL!Julia, Ishtar, Lewyn, and maybe Ced, and they are all pretty strong player phase nukes, or at least pretty decent.

[insert usual disclaimer that nothing requires paying except for resplendent heroes, other feh pass features, and forma souls]

(Getting merges or premium SI may take more orbs than is practical for most F2P players, but all of those units can blow stuff up just fine without any of that. Although as you said, Fallen Julia is the only red one of the bunch.)

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/18/2020 at 1:18 AM, Faellin said:

Also is there anything that he does that fallen Ike doesn't? They seem to share the role of speedy damage reduction sustain tanks. Still going to be using Kris regardless as new mystery is my favorite game in the series, but i'm just curious as they seem to be very similar units.

On 8/18/2020 at 7:55 AM, XRay said:

For Enemy Phase, DB!Ike is much better since he got Distant Counter on his Weapon, so he can run a strong A skill like Swift Stance 3 to provide stats and Guard. Kris needs to run Distant Counter, so he does not get any additional stats nor protective effects.

For player phase, Kris is a bit better in my opinion since he has Slaying Effect and DB!Ike loses debuffs when he gets Danced/Sung to.

Blade/Spear of Shadow have special cooldown count-1 and if their foe initiates or is at full health, the foe is inflicted Atk/Spd/Def-5 and penalties on Kris are neutralized. The second effect is essentially Spectrum Stance that also works when the foe is at full health since Atk/Spd/Def-5 is like giving Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 to Kris. Do note that Kris's stats are not increased by 5 like with Shannan's Balmung having the same effect, but grants him Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5. Because of that, Kris won't get more damage from specials that factor in the user's stats like Bonfire.

How Blade/Spear of Shadow addresses penalties is something to consider as well. Kris's weapon neutralizes penalties, so weapons like Broadleaf Fan, F!Corrin's unique refined Gloom Breath, Gangrel's Levin Dagger, Gunnthra's Blizzard, Matthew's unique refined Spy's Dagger, Micaiah's Light of Dawn, Saizo's unique refined Star, and Ursula's unique refined Blue-Crow Tome among others would not work because the penalties are neutralized. Thrasir's Killing Intent should also not work as well. Berserk Ike's Chaos Ragnell and on that subject, the Unity skills reverse penalties, but do not neutralize them, so weapons and effects that have a condition for a penalty being on a unit will work. Between the two penalty addressing effects, Kris trades a higher potential stat boost for safety while berserk Ike trades safety for a higher potential stat boost. Which is more important is up to you.

For Kris to be able to counterattack against ranged units, Kris needs to inherit Distant Counter or Distant Foil/Ward if you only want Kris to be able to counterattack against specific ranged units for a Atk+5 and either Def+5 with Foil or Res+5 with Ward. With Blade/Spear of Shadow, however, Kris has an A passive through its "If foe initiates combat or if foe's HP = 100% at start of combat, neutralizes penalties on unit and inflicts Atk/Spd/Def-5 on foe during combat." So, with Blade/Spear of Shadow and Distant Counter, it is like Kris has Distant Counter and Spectrum Stance that neutralizes penalties together in addition to having special cooldown count-1.

Berserk Ike's Chaos Ragnell has Distant Counter and a penalty reversing effect. As noted by XRay, that means he can run whatever A passive you want on him since he already has Distant Counter and a Unity-like effect. By default, he has Darting Breath for faster special charging which helps for him to proc Mayhem Aether, but if you have CYL Lucina or not as flexible, someone with Infantry Breath, they can provide him the Breath effect for faster special charging. Otherwise, you can give him a tier 4 stance for Guard or stack the penalty reversing effect with a Unity which since it was just introduced, only Atk/Def Unity is available and Atk/Spd Unity would probably be better since those are his highest stats.

It should also be noted that because of how Chaos Ragnell and Unity skills work that an effect that neutralizes penalties means there would be no penalties to reverse. Basically, don't run a tier 4 bond on berserk Ike if he's using Chaos Ragnell and don't run a Unity on Kris if Kris is using Blade/Spear of Shadow.

Because of how Blade of Shadows works, I do not think M!Kris is significantly worse or berserk Ike is significantly better than M!Kris as an enemy phase unit. M!Kris needs to inherit Distant Counter, but with it and Blade of Shadows, he would have similar effects to berserk Ike with Chaos Ragnell and an enemy phase A passive. The main things are how they address penalties where M!Kris will have it safer at the cost of the higher potential stat boost compared to berserk Ike, M!Kris not being able to have Distant Counter, Guard, and damage reduction at the same time like berserk Ike can with a tier 4 stance and his default Repel or replaced with Spurn, M!Kris not having an exclusive special, and berserk Ike not having special cooldown count-1, so he cannot stack it with Time's Pulse for a two cooldown Mayhem Aether when it is at its maximum cooldown at the start a turn however necessary that might be for someone.

On 8/19/2020 at 12:13 PM, XRay said:

Dark Spikes helps ANF!Lysithea take out Wary Fighter tanks due to guaranteed follow up and Desperation effect. Regular Blade mages sometimes get walled and killed due to Wary Fighter.

I was wondering about Dark Spikes T's follow-up effect. Since it states "If unit's HP < 100% and unit initiates combat, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack before foe can counterattack", it's Brash Assault and not Desperation which states: "..., unit can make a follow-up attack before foe can counterattack." Would CYL Lysithea want Null Follow-Up to deal with units who have Null Follow-Up? I'm not sure if Null Follow-Up would interact that way. She's going to hit hard regardless with Dark Spikes T's effect and her default Atk/Spd Push 4 or some other A passive and Lull Spd/Def 3.

Edited by Kaden

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I was wondering about Dark Spikes T's follow-up effect. Since it states "If unit's HP < 100% and unit initiates combat, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack before foe can counterattack", it's Brash Assault and not Desperation which states: "..., unit can make a follow-up attack before foe can counterattack." Would CYL Lysithea want Null Follow-Up to deal with units who have Null Follow-Up? I'm not sure if Null Follow-Up would interact that way. She's going to hit hard regardless with Dark Spikes T's effect and her default Atk/Spd Push 4 or some other A passive and Lull Spd/Def 3.

It is Bold Fighter or super Brash Assault, and it comes with Desperation. It is basically a better Sol Kati.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is Bold Fighter or super Brash Assault, and it comes with Desperation. It is basically a better Sol Kati.

I guess? The guaranteed follow-up attack is what makes me wonder if she wants Null Follow-Up to deal with units with Null Follow-Up if that even works that way.

The issue Desperation units run into are units with Wary Fighter or some kind of follow-up prevention effect. Having Null Follow-Up and Desperation together like Athena with her unique refined sword, legendary Celica, and Thrasir is great since they can negate the follow-up denial. With CYL Lysithea, the guaranteed follow-up attack makes me wonder if it will get countered by units running Null Follow-Up. Against units with only a follow-up prevention effect, then sure, she doesn't need it because the guaranteed follow-up attack effect will let her make a follow-up attack and there is also the Desperation effect.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

I guess? The guaranteed follow-up attack is what makes me wonder if she wants Null Follow-Up to deal with units with Null Follow-Up if that even works that way.

The issue Desperation units run into are units with Wary Fighter or some kind of follow-up prevention effect. Having Null Follow-Up and Desperation together like Athena with her unique refined sword, legendary Celica, and Thrasir is great since they can negate the follow-up denial. With CYL Lysithea, the guaranteed follow-up attack makes me wonder if it will get countered by units running Null Follow-Up. Against units with only a follow-up prevention effect, then sure, she doesn't need it because the guaranteed follow-up attack effect will let her make a follow-up attack and there is also the Desperation effect.

The only time Null Follow-Up will do something for Brave Lysithea would be if the opponent has both Null Follow-Up and a skill that blocks her follow-up (Wary Fighter, etc.).

If the opponent has Null Follow-Up, but doesn't have a skill that blocks her follow-up, she can still make a follow-up by passing the Spd check without needing Null Follow-Up herself.

If the opponent has a skill that blocks her follow-up, but doesn't have Null Follow-Up, she can also still make a follow-up by passing the Spd check without needing Null Follow-Up herself.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The only time Null Follow-Up will do something for Brave Lysithea would be if the opponent has both Null Follow-Up and a skill that blocks her follow-up (Wary Fighter, etc.).

If the opponent has Null Follow-Up, but doesn't have a skill that blocks her follow-up, she can still make a follow-up by passing the Spd check without needing Null Follow-Up herself.

If the opponent has a skill that blocks her follow-up, but doesn't have Null Follow-Up, she can also still make a follow-up by passing the Spd check without needing Null Follow-Up herself.

That clarifies things. Myrrh's unique refined Great Flame would be that case of an opponent with an effect that prevents her follow-up attack through the defense check and a Null Follow-Up effect where it neutralizes effects that guarantee a foe's follow-up attack when Myrrh's HP is >= 25% and she is within 2 spaces of an ally. Should CYL Lysithea fail to one-shot Myrrh, she would need to double, but she would not be able to do so without Null Follow-Up. I can't recall any other unit with both a follow-up prevention and a Null Follow-Up effect besides Myrrh. Well, enemy phase since an infantry unit with an Impact and Null Follow-Up would have those effects, but they don't affect how Dark Spikes T's follow-up effect works since it requires her to initiate. Maybe CYL Hector in September, but that would still be only two units.

There is legendary Seliph, but his Holy War's End is more like an enemy phase Brash Assault and Desperation. Regardless, Null Follow-Up would neutralize the guaranteed follow-up attack before CYL Lysithea's follow-up attack. That assumes he is able to survive effective damage from her first attack.

For the second and third cases, I do not know how common Null Follow-Up is, but units can reach very high speeds, so perhaps +Spd would be safer even against the likely to be slower or at least slow enough that she would be able to double them normally units with a follow-up prevention effect. The other thing is +Spd would improve her beginning or when she's at full health performance allowing her to double as many units as possible.

That last thing is to make absolute sure that Dark Spikes T's follow-up effect is both a guaranteed follow-up and a Desperation effect, right? If so, then she wouldn't want Desperation because it would be like giving a gem weapon user T-Adept, her default Lull Spd/Res 3 is already good, and if the player wants something else, then Null Follow-Up in those edge cases, Special Spiral, Vantage, or more of a team support B passive would be fine on her as well.

Edited by Kaden

28 minutes ago, Kaden said:

That last thing is to make absolute sure that Dark Spikes T's follow-up effect is both a guaranteed follow-up and a Desperation effect, right? If so, then she wouldn't want Desperation because it would be like giving a gem weapon user T-Adept, her default Lull Spd/Res 3 is already good, and if the player wants something else, then Null Follow-Up in those edge cases, Special Spiral, Vantage, or more of a team support B passive would be fine on her as well.

Yes. It's both a guaranteed follow-up and Desperation (with a higher HP threshold), so giving her Desperation in the B slot would do absolutely nothing.

The Japanese description actually separates the two effects: "If unit's HP ≤ 99% at start of combat and unit initiates combat, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack and, if unit makes a follow-up attack, unit's follow-up attack is performed immediately after unit's initial attack." The phrasing is different than in the English version, but in Japanese, it's the guaranteed follow-up skill text ("unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack") followed by the Desperation skill text ("if unit makes a follow-up attack, unit's follow-up attack is performed immediately after unit's initial attack") without merging them together.

Edited by Ice Dragon

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes. It's both a guaranteed follow-up and Desperation (with a higher HP threshold), so giving her Desperation in the B slot would do absolutely nothing.

The Japanese description actually separates the two effects: "If unit's HP ≤ 99% at start of combat and unit initiates combat, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack and, if unit makes a follow-up attack, unit's follow-up attack is performed immediately after unit's initial attack." The phrasing is different than in the English version, but in Japanese, it's the guaranteed follow-up skill text ("unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack") followed by the Desperation skill text ("if unit makes a follow-up attack, unit's follow-up attack is performed immediately after unit's initial attack") without merging them together.

All right, that settles things.

I was wondering about the Japanese description. I don't know what it would look like in Japanese, but even if it's longer, it details things more clearly or at least leaves no room for doubt that it is a guaranteed follow-up and Desperation with an even more lenient HP range. No idea what the description is in other languages. The English version could have followed the same structure or they could have done something like: "If unit's HP < 100% and unit initiates combat, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack and unit can make a follow-up attack before foe can counterattack." The "and" part telling the player that it gives CYL Lysithea a guaranteed follow-up attack and it lets her make a follow-up attack before her foe can counterattack (Desperation).

4 hours ago, Kaden said:

I would just stick with her default her Lull Spd/Res since nothing can cancel it and it will always do something in any type of combat.

Hey! I am struggling with Armor Emblem. I have Idunn, Kjelle, Surtr, Legendary Edelgard, Brave Edelgard, Nagi, Fallen Tiki, Draug, Zephiel, Valbar, Wendy, Effie, Sheena, and have only bought Batman and Kronya, so have plenty of trophies to spend. I know it is just one orb a month and potentially higher Arena scores, but I just am not making this work. Maybe I need to do some skill inheritance? Maybe I need to get one with Heroic Grails? To be honest - Draug, Zephiel, Valbar, Wendy, Effie and Sheena are all completely undeveloped and just sitting on the pine at 4* level 1.

Thanks for the help - Infantry has never been a problem, I have done pretty well with horsies, and Claude and Pirate Tibarn helped round out flyer emblem, so this feels like the final beginner phase.

16 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

Hey! I am struggling with Armor Emblem. I have Idunn, Kjelle, Surtr, Legendary Edelgard, Brave Edelgard, Nagi, Fallen Tiki, Draug, Zephiel, Valbar, Wendy, Effie, Sheena, and have only bought Batman and Kronya, so have plenty of trophies to spend. I know it is just one orb a month and potentially higher Arena scores, but I just am not making this work. Maybe I need to do some skill inheritance? Maybe I need to get one with Heroic Grails? To be honest - Draug, Zephiel, Valbar, Wendy, Effie and Sheena are all completely undeveloped and just sitting on the pine at 4* level 1.

Thanks for the help - Infantry has never been a problem, I have done pretty well with horsies, and Claude and Pirate Tibarn helped round out flyer emblem, so this feels like the final beginner phase.

I feel that between them, Brave Edelgard and Fallen Tiki should be able to wipe out most maps. Load up with Swap and Ward Armor to strategically expose one unit each turn to kill on enemy phase. Consider picking up the Amelia combat manual for 800 papers if you need Armor March, which is more relevant if you want to do player phase.

13 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

It looks like you don't have anyone with Armor March, so I'm guessing mobility is your biggest issue. Brave Edelgard, Fallen Tiki, and Legendary Edelgard all can boost their own mobility, and the first two of those also can counter ranged attackers, which helps. For now, I'd suggest going with Brave Edelgard, Fallen Tiki, Idunn, and Kjelle, and have them inherit Swap/Pivot if you have the fodder on hand. You could also use Heroic Grails to get Black Knight to fill in for red, since he'll give you another color able to counter ranged attacks.

9 minutes ago, steil said:

I missed the Start of it all banner to pull for a 4 star young Marth do i have to wait for a year to pull on this banner? what other banners do they have a 4 star limited heroes like marth?

There is a bimonthly banner that features two seasonal units of each colour. The next one should be starting today, as a matter of fact. It is unlikely to have Marth on it, but it's a bit weird how they pick units for it so it's possible they'll surprise us. Chronologically it should have NY Anna and Spring Idunn on it as the red representatives, but last time around Valentine's Conrad was on it despite being newer than Anna. It's more likely Marth will appear in the late October (or early November) version of this banner as he is the next most recent red unit after Idunn.

This is the previous banner of this type: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Focus:_Double_Special_Heroes_(Jun_2020)

Edited by Humanoid

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

There is a bimonthly banner that features two seasonal units of each colour. The next one should be starting today, as a matter of fact. It is unlikely to have Marth on it, but it's a bit weird how they pick units for it. Chronologically it should have NY Anna and Spring Idunn on it, but last time around Valentine's Conrad was on it despite being newer than Anna. It's quite likely Marth will appear in the late October (or early November) version of this banner.

This is the previous banner of this type: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Focus:_Double_Special_Heroes_(Jun_2020)

do you think it will come with a 4 *demote yonge marth as well?

7 minutes ago, steil said:

I missed the Start of it all banner to pull for a 4 star young Marth do i have to wait for a year to pull on this banner? what other banners do they have a 4 star limited heroes like marth?

The next time the Start of it All banner is expected to be rerun is April, but each of the characters on it should be rerun on a Double Special Heroes banner in the meantime.

Every "Special Heroes" banner has a 4* limited hero, and we've generally been getting one of those per month. The pirates banner from earlier this month is still running, it has Geese as a 4* limited hero. Now that Double Special Heroes banners have started featuring units that originally appeared as 4* limited heroes, they're doing the same thing, having them continue being available at 4*.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

The next time the Start of it All banner is expected to be rerun is April, but each of the characters on it should be rerun on a Double Special Heroes banner in the meantime.

Every "Special Heroes" banner has a 4* limited hero, and we've generally been getting one of those per month. The pirates banner from earlier this month is still running, it has Geese as a 4* limited hero. Now that Double Special Heroes banners have started featuring units that originally appeared as 4* limited heroes, they're doing the same thing, having them continue being available at 4*.

awesome! im so happy about this!

2 hours ago, steil said:

can you get light bonus on AR-D if your defence is light mythic? 

His defence is light mythic heroes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKNP06rEZmQ

You get the Mythic stat boost during the correct season, but only Dark and Anima Mythics during the correct season can reduce Lift loss.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

You get the Mythic stat boost during the correct season, but only Dark and Anima Mythics during the correct season can reduce Lift loss.

so if im on AR offence and I use Duma then I would get +5 atk on my anima blessed heroes while on offence as well?

43 minutes ago, steil said:

so if im on AR offence and I use Duma then I would get +5 atk on my anima blessed heroes while on offence as well?

Yes and no.

Each Mythic Hero will give a stat boost of Atk+3, Spd+4, Def+5, or Res+5 along with the HP+5 every Mythic has.

On offense, Duma will give your Anima Blessed units Atk+3 for each copy of Duma you use, but you will not gain any additional Lift, as only Light and Astra Mythics can do that.

You can use Duma offense for stat boosts, but I would not recommend it as Atk+3 is not that crucial for most teams, and Duma does not really do anything besides dealing 7 HP damage that could easily be healed by a Healing Tower (D).

7 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

Armor emblem typically runs one of two common modes.

Enemy phase mode is generally cheaper to build as it doesn't require Armor March to function. You basically just run Swap, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte / Vengeful Fighter, and Ward Armor on all of your units and just tank everything. Looking at your list of units, you can run Idunn (Lightning Breath), Nagi, and Fallen Tiki, and then grab the Black Knight out of the Grail shop, assuming you don't have Distant Counter fodder available to you. If you do have Distant Counter fodder and don't mind using it, I recommend giving it to Gwendolyn since her recent refine made her incredibly good in this role.

Alternatively, you can skip Distant Counter altogether and just re-roll the Training Tower to not get any ranged opponents.

Dual phase mode is generally more expensive to build unless you happen to have gotten units with Armor March on them or some other movement skill. Theoretically, it should be possible for you to run Legendary Edelgard, Brave Edelgard, and Fallen Tiki. Use one of your other dragons to keep Tiki separated from the Edelgards on turn 1 to get Solitary Dream to activate, and use Armored Boots on Legendary Edelgard to get the movement buff on turn 1 since Armored Stride is probably not going to activate. Alternatively, you can grab the Amelia combat manual from the Divine Code shop and give Armor March to the fourth unit so that they can stand between Tiki and Legendary Edelgard on turn 1 to give them movement boosts. A dual phase armor team typically runs Reposition instead of Swap.

Another option for the dual phase team is to grab Winter Jaffar from the Grail shop. He's fast and ranged, which lets him take a player-phase role without needing Bold Fighter, and you can grab Windex off of Legault if you need more damage output (preferably running Smoke or Chill skills as Sacred Seals on most of your team).

Again, the lack of color balance shouldn't be an issue with the extra quest orb since you can always re-roll the Training Tower until you get a favorable match-up.

Edited by Ice Dragon