"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

23 minutes ago, steil said:

Does Bramimond impenetrable dark disables drive buffs on himself as well?

No. When Bramimond is in combat, all skills on Bramimond, the opponent currently in combat, and all of Bramimond's allies will remain active. The only skills that are disabled are ones on enemy units that aren't the one currently in combat.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you do have Distant Counter fodder and don't mind using it, I recommend giving it to Gwendolyn since her recent refine made her incredibly good in this role.

An advantage of picking Gwendolyn as a unit to give premium SI to is that as a common summon, she's very easy to merge. You might be a ways away from wanting to invest that many feathers, but if you ever do reach that point, it'll make it easier for those premium skills to stay relevant in the long term.

As a F2P player, I have limited access to premium SI and can only reasonably merge common units, but I've turned a few of my common merge projects, including Gwendolyn, into what I think of as "skill repositories". They get first pick of premium SI and other resources like dragonflowers, and by concentrating those resources on specific units, I can maximize their relevance by ensuring they go to a unit with high stats and a solid set of other skills. I've found common units with strong prfs to work very well for this.

If you just give like one premium skill to an unmerged unit and leave them like that, there can be a lot of risk that another unit gets introduced later that still does that same role better right out of the box, making the older unit drop off from use and making the skill or other investment essentially wasted. Merges and other forms of concentrated investment help remove that risk. There are some units with really distinct roles that don't have to worry so much about that (for example, Light and Astra mythics only having to compete with other mythics of their element for slots in AR), but for more common roles like "blue tanky armor", it can be pretty relevant.

47 minutes ago, Othin said:

An advantage of picking Gwendolyn as a unit to give premium SI to is that as a common summon, she's very easy to merge. You might be a ways away from wanting to invest that many feathers, but if you ever do reach that point, it'll make it easier for those premium skills to stay relevant in the long term.

As a F2P player, I have limited access to premium SI and can only reasonably merge common units, but I've turned a few of my common merge projects, including Gwendolyn, into what I think of as "skill repositories". They get first pick of premium SI and other resources like dragonflowers, and by concentrating those resources on specific units, I can maximize their relevance by ensuring they go to a unit with high stats and a solid set of other skills. I've found common units with strong prfs to work very well for this.

If you just give like one premium skill to an unmerged unit and leave them like that, there can be a lot of risk that another unit gets introduced later that still does that same role better right out of the box, making the older unit drop off from use and making the skill or other investment essentially wasted. Merges and other forms of concentrated investment help remove that risk. There are some units with really distinct roles that don't have to worry so much about that (for example, Light and Astra mythics only having to compete with other mythics of their element for slots in AR), but for more common roles like "blue tanky armor", it can be pretty relevant.

That is a new perspective I have not read or thought of before. I will definitely keep that in mind in the future.

7 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

Sorry to ask this here, but I have been going in the general area with no luck. Setting up a Raspberry Pi and want to get all of the games. There is no specific order really outside of the two Tellius titles right?

I don't know what you mean by Raspberry Pi, but if you're asking about story connections:

* FE3 is a sequel to FE1

* FE2 takes place between FE3 and FE1, but on a different continent

* FE5 is a midquel to FE4. (It starts between the two generations, and overlaps with part of the second gen.)

* FE7 is a prequel to FE6

* FE10 is a sequel to FE9

* FE11, FE12, and FE15 are remakes of FE1, FE3, and FE2, respectively

* FE13 is a distant sequel to FE1/2/3, set thousands of years later

* FE8, FE14, and FE16 are standalone

Just now, Othin said:

I don't know what you mean by Raspberry Pi, but if you're asking about story connections:

* FE3 is a sequel to FE1

* FE2 takes place between FE3 and FE1, but on a different continent

* FE5 is a midquel to FE4. (It starts between the two generations, and overlaps with part of the second gen.)

* FE7 is a prequel to FE6

* FE10 is a sequel to FE9

* FE11, FE12, and FE15 are remakes of FE1, FE3, and FE2, respectively

* FE13 is a distant sequel to FE1/2/3, set thousands of years later

* FE8, FE14, and FE16 are standalone

Thanks for this. A raspberry pi is basically a retro gaming machine where you can get old titles from all of the platforms to play at home. So, basically it doesn't matter if Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft, you can play.

2 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

Thanks for this. A raspberry pi is basically a retro gaming machine where you can get old titles from all of the platforms to play at home. So, basically it doesn't matter if Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft, you can play.

Raspberry Pi are small computers, and I do not think they are dedicated gaming machines straight out the box. If you stick with its default operating system, there might be a lot of software compatibility issues, so you still have to install an OS like Windows, macOS, or Linux onto it, and then install the relevant emulation software for which ever console the game you want to play is from.

The primary advantage of Raspberry Pi over a regular computer is cost and size at the expense of performance. If you want to play old Fire Emblem games, I would not bother getting a Raspberry Pi, and I would just download an emulator onto your existing computer and play Fire Emblem games from there. I think even a ten year old computer should have more computing power than the best Raspberry Pi. I think Raspberry Pi is fine for web surfing and playing very simple or old games, but I am not sure if it can handle emulating a Gamecube or Wii, the consoles where the Tellius games are from.

Eh, RetroPie (implementing RetroArch) on a Pi is probably the most common emulation machine these days, compatibility is no more an issue there than it is on any other platform. Performance is still a big limiting factor of course, even with the big performance improvement in the Pi 4 you'd probably want to run GC and Wii games on something else (though they will run in some capacity). I still think it's absolutely worth doing if you're interested in emulation though, the portability is a big appeal - look at how well the (S)NES Minis sold and they're much more limited than the Pi. If nothing else, it's just fun to mess around with, and take to parties etc.

Another great alternative if you don't need the portability is homebrew on a Wii U, even if you never had one back in the day they're probably cheaper than a Pi these days. Check out MVG's recent video on it here.

Edited by Humanoid

55 minutes ago, steil said:

isnt there suppose to be a bound hero battle summon for lewyn?

also any idea when will Kronya GHB rerun will be?

There was a BHB banner for the original run of the Lewyn BHB, but this one is the revival. Revivals don't have those banners, they have quests instead.

Kronya has already had her regular GHB revival. Her GHB might also return in a future Grand Hero Party (or in multiple of them), but no one knows if or when that might be.

A couple of questions.

My Gangrel needs 4 copies to 10+ when is his GhB revival and the quests that net an extra couple of copies?

And of the skills that are available for Grimmy which C skill is the highest scoring arena skill that's actually useful for him in combat?  He's usually on a mixed team with Regal (L!Chrom) and Lucina (she has SS3, Spurn and Joint Drive Atk).

Edited by TheSilentChloey

28 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

A couple of questions.

My Gangrel needs 4 copies to 10+ when is his GhB revival and the quests that net an extra couple of copies?

And of the skills that are available for Grimmy which C skill is the highest scoring arena skill that's actually useful for him in combat?  He's usually on a mixed team with Regal (L!Chrom) and Lucina (she has SS3, Spurn and Joint Drive Atk).

Next month has the Kempf revival and his original run was December last year. Based on that pace, I wouldn't expect Gangrel before March next year. And even then it'd only be one copy, as all GHB revivals are. Sometimes individual GHBs are randomly rerun as part of a celebration, but there's no real pattern to those and you shouldn't rely on it happening.

For 300SP C-slot skills, the ones that benefit the user directly would be the Joint Hones, Joint Drives, and dual Threatens. The list of skills is here, hit the SP header twice and the "is exclusive" header once, then click on the individual skills to see who has them.

44 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Reruns generally happen at least half a year later after debut. Last rerun we got was Cormag in July this year, and he debuted in November last year.

45 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Robin: Fell Reincarnation does not need 300 SP C skill to get max score if he maximizes the scoring in all other skill slots.
Expiration
Harsh Command+
Mirror Stance
Vengeful Fighter
Atk Smoke
Mirror Stance
This gives a total SP cost of 2,320. Running a 300 SP C skill would only take that to 2,380, so he would not score higher since only increments of 100 SP counts towards your score.

I would only give him a 300 SP C skil if you are sticking with Swap or some kind of positioning Assist.
Expiration
Swap
Mirror Stance
Vengeful Fighter
Atk Smoke
Mirror Stance
This gives a total SP cost of 2,070. Running a 300 SP C skill in this case would bump it up to 2,130.

If you plan to give him a high scoring Assist eventually, I would not bother with 300 SP C skills as Atk Smoke will due. If you still want to give him a 300 SP C skill anyways, I would go with Joint Drive Atk or Joint Drive Res.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Reruns generally happen at least half a year later after debut. Last rerun we got was Cormag in July this year, and he debuted in November last year.

Robin: Fell Reincarnation does not need 300 SP C skill to get max score if he maximizes the scoring in all other skill slots.
Expiration
Harsh Command+
Mirror Stance
Vengeful Fighter
Atk Smoke
Mirror Stance
This gives a total SP cost of 2,320. Running a 300 SP C skill would only take that to 2,380, so he would not score higher since only increments of 100 SP counts towards your score.

I would only give him a 300 SP C skil if you are sticking with Swap or some kind of positioning Assist.
Expiration
Swap
Mirror Stance
Vengeful Fighter
Atk Smoke
Mirror Stance
This gives a total SP cost of 2,070. Running a 300 SP C skill in this case would bump it up to 2,130.

If you plan to give him a high scoring Assist eventually, I would not bother with 300 SP C skills as Atk Smoke will due. If you still want to give him a 300 SP C skill anyways, I would go with Joint Drive Atk or Joint Drive Res.

I'm leaning towards keeping his movement assist since that helps him a lot.  He also runs armoured boots for mobility and it helps a lot in non arena content since Grima can self-sustain quite well, as long as he's not dealing with reds (though that is Regal's job).

Grimmy currently runs:

His native weapon, Aether, Swap, Study Stance 3, Vengeful Fighter 3, Atk Smoke 3 and armoured boots for the S Seal because he's also used in non arena content, hence why I was asking about the C skill.  I don't have joint drive res freely on hand and the only source for joint drive atk is a single copy of Kris I'm holding onto for limited battles as well as the single Lilith for the same reason.

Also I have Lucina running Reposition.  Not sure about getting Grima a better scoring assist though because again he needs to be functional out side of arena as well which is equally important.

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Next month has the Kempf revival and his original run was December last year. Based on that pace, I wouldn't expect Gangrel before March next year. And even then it'd only be one copy, as all GHB revivals are. Sometimes individual GHBs are randomly rerun as part of a celebration, but there's no real pattern to those and you shouldn't rely on it happening.

For 300SP C-slot skills, the ones that benefit the user directly would be the Joint Hones, Joint Drives, and dual Threatens. The list of skills is here, hit the SP header twice and the "is exclusive" header once, then click on the individual skills to see who has them.

Thanks, I'll give it a look when I can.

8 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm leaning towards keeping his movement assist since that helps him a lot.  He also runs armoured boots for mobility and it helps a lot in non arena content since Grima can self-sustain quite well, as long as he's not dealing with reds (though that is Regal's job).

Grimmy currently runs:

His native weapon, Aether, Swap, Study Stance 3, Vengeful Fighter 3, Atk Smoke 3 and armoured boots for the S Seal because he's also used in non arena content, hence why I was asking about the C skill.  I don't have joint drive res freely on hand and the only source for joint drive atk is a single copy of Kris I'm holding onto for limited battles as well as the single Lilith for the same reason.

Also I have Lucina running Reposition.  Not sure about getting Grima a better scoring assist though because again he needs to be functional out side of arena as well which is equally important.

Thanks, I'll give it a look when I can.

I mean, skill sets are swapped with the press of a button, so why not just have an arena and a regular use set?

12 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Because I use him a lot.  Not just arena.

That doesn't change the situation. You can still just swap to his arena set when you're going to the arena and then back to your regular one afterward. 

16 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Because I use him a lot.  Not just arena.

Then it makes even less sense since it takes 2 sec to make a skillset and 1 sec to switch it around to arena or back from arena. You can make 5 skillsets for each hero. This has been a thing for over a year.

3 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I recommend swapping out skills depending on the mode instead of giving them a rigid, unchanging skill set, especially when you give your units a variety of skills already. If you are giving them expensive fodder, they should at least use it from time to time if it helps them out in a particular map or situation.

It also does not take too long to swap skills.

Edited by XRay

One thing that does annoy me is that skillset names are not saved per character. Not an issue for the first set being a general purpose one, but I then put some Rokkr Siege oriented kits on some units as their second set and now if I want to give other units a second set, I have to either use their third set instead, or use an inaccurately-named one. I mean, I understand why it's done, since it's only recording five strings instead of 5000, but it does compromise the utility somewhat.

32 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

One thing that does annoy me is that skillset names are not saved per character. Not an issue for the first set being a general purpose one, but I then put some Rokkr Siege oriented kits on some units as their second set and now if I want to give other units a second set, I have to either use their third set instead, or use an inaccurately-named one. I mean, I understand why it's done, since it's only recording five strings instead of 5000, but it does compromise the utility somewhat.

I have it split into Light+Water 1, Dark+Wind 2, Astra+Fire3, Anima+Earth 4 and Arena/Other modes as the last one. It works well enough and so far I have not yet had overlap.

8 hours ago, Othin said:

That doesn't change the situation. You can still just swap to his arena set when you're going to the arena and then back to your regular one afterward. 

8 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Then it makes even less sense since it takes 2 sec to make a skillset and 1 sec to switch it around to arena or back from arena. You can make 5 skillsets for each hero. This has been a thing for over a year.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

I recommend swapping out skills depending on the mode instead of giving them a rigid, unchanging skill set, especially when you give your units a variety of skills already. If you are giving them expensive fodder, they should at least use it from time to time if it helps them out in a particular map or situation.

It also does not take too long to swap skills.

It's an inconvenience I don't like having to work around, simple as that.  It's far easier for me to go with one skill 'set' than to go for more than that and for situations where the one set would have worked otherwise.

The only time I change skills is Grima’s enemy phase to his player phase for literally one map, which is a massive inconvenience no matter how you look at it.  Skill sets should be made with a multitude of situations, and not just one or two different ones.  Building like that is...eww and cheap, no matter how premium the skills imo.

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

This is an issue that I have had as well.  Especially when they first came out.  I just gave them up after that.

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

It's an inconvenience I don't like having to work around, simple as that.  It's far easier for me to go with one skill 'set' than to go for more than that and for situations where the one set would have worked otherwise.

The only time I change skills is Grima’s enemy phase to his player phase for literally one map, which is a massive inconvenience no matter how you look at it.  Skill sets should be made with a multitude of situations, and not just one or two different ones.  Building like that is...eww and cheap, no matter how premium the skills imo.

But the inconvenience is pretty minor though. Most players give their most frequently used units both a scoring based skill set and a performance based skill set. And for PvE, players often have to swap out their Specials anyways for each map to time their Special triggers against certain enemies.

I also do not think it is worth it to spend Orbs on a premium scoring skill fodder if you are not trying to maximize scoring all the way. The only high SP skill you need to bounce between Tier 19 and Tier 20 is just Aether or Galeforce, and you do not even need to optimize for score for the rest of the skill set either. There is no point in giving a unit a 300 SP C skill if the team is not even close to staying in Tier 20.

If you not being competitive in PvP modes, I would just save your Orbs for merges instead and not bother with scoring skills.

What Tier are you in right now? Are you in danger of losing your Tier or going into a lower bounce or something?

Edited by XRay

32 minutes ago, XRay said:

But the inconvenience is pretty minor though. Most players give their most frequently used units both a scoring based skill set and a performance based skill set. And for PvE, players often have to swap out their Specials anyways for each map to time their Special triggers against certain enemies.

I also do not think it is worth it to spend Orbs on a premium scoring skill fodder if you are not trying to maximize scoring all the way. The only high SP skill you need to bounce between Tier 19 and Tier 20 is just Aether or Galeforce, and you do not even need to optimize for score for the rest of the skill set either. There is no point in giving a unit a 300 SP C skill if the team is not even close to staying in Tier 20.

If you not being competitive in PvP modes, I would just save your Orbs for merges instead and not bother with scoring skills.

What Tier are you in right now? Are you in danger of losing your Tier or going into a lower bounce or something?

Still enough to be annoying.

We tend to bounce between 17/18/19 in arena.  My offence team has the bonus unit, Grima, Aqua and Brave Veronica.

34 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

We tend to bounce between 17/18/19 in arena.  My offence team has the bonus unit, Grima, Aqua and Brave Veronica.

In that case, I would not bother with any 300 SP C skills or any scoring skill.

If you want to go for bouncing between Tier 19 and Tier 20, I would just focus on using Feathers to give everyone on the team Aether/Galeforce if you have not done so yet, and spend Orbs on merges to get everyone to +10. If you do not care about bouncing between Tier 19 and Tier 20, then I would not even bother with Aether/Galeforce since they are not necessary.

Edited by XRay