"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

5 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Skill sets should be made with a multitude of situations, and not just one or two different ones.  Building like that is...eww and cheap, no matter how premium the skills imo.

If you want to use one build only, you should stick with Grima's current performance build. A scoring build doesn't give a huge advantage, and it will make things harder for you both outside the arena, and in it as well.

I've also gotten into the habit of just using performance builds on my arena units. These days, I prefer to get my arena run out of the way than bothering with scrapping a few more points.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, steil said:

can someone explain why Brunya is so popular on astra season compare to light season & as a tank is +res or +def mythic a must?

Fimbulvetr neutralizes debuffs, and Naga's stat boost offsets Brunnya's low Def, while Altina and M!Corrin provides color coverage.

For super tanks, they want Mythics and stat buffers that provides Spd, Def, or Res to balance their bulk and to increase their Spd as much as possible.

9 hours ago, steil said:

can someone explain why Brunya is so popular on astra season compare to light season & as a tank is +res or +def mythic a must?

She is one of the few easily accessible units with solid matchups against every Anima mythic.  Spd-stacked Brunnya brushes off even Thrasir.

I got two extra Hrids from the legendary banner, I'm trying to figure out which ones to fodder and who to feed them to.

My original is +HP/-Def. I've had him inherit Reposition and max out his SP, but I haven't invested in him otherwise, so he's pretty interchangeable with the others. The two new ones are +Def/-Atk and +Res/-Def. I get the impression -Atk is the worst one, but of the two -Def ones, I'm not sure whether +HP or +Res is better. It's not too big of a deal either way, since I've barely been using him, but still.

What's more important is who to feed the two extras to. In general, my preference is to save fodder like this for either a common unit I'm merging up and fully building, or an offense mythic. None of my current merge projects are looking for DC (the armors already have it), but I do have a +2 Naga (+Spd) who seems like she'd benefit a lot. Might be able to start using her less once we get a third Astra mythic, but it could take a while for me to actually get them, and even once I do, I'm sure Naga will still be useful sometimes. So she seems like the first pick.

If I give one to Naga, that leaves one for a future merge project. I've thought about building Ares, but I'm not sure he's very effective these days. He seems kind of like a worse Altina, who hasn't been doing great for me lately in the first place. Astram is another unit I've thought about merging, in his case for arena, but now that we're in Gen 5, there might be better options on the way. A third option is Laslow, who has a pretty odd weapon but one that sounds pretty effective. I don't know what his performance is like, but he's cheap to build and could be able to function as a better Altina in Light season. I do often find myself wanting a sword user there to fight opposing Brave Ikes, and while Peony's stat boost is largely redundant with the one he grants, it'd also make it easier to trigger his weapon. And there could be other options I haven't considered.

What seems like the best choice?

2 hours ago, Othin said:

My original is +HP/-Def. I've had him inherit Reposition and max out his SP, but I haven't invested in him otherwise, so he's pretty interchangeable with the others. The two new ones are +Def/-Atk and +Res/-Def. I get the impression -Atk is the worst one, but of the two -Def ones, I'm not sure whether +HP or +Res is better. It's not too big of a deal either way, since I've barely been using him, but still.

I personally lean towards merging him to +1 to get rid of the Flaw. I lean towards +Res to balance his bulk. If you are not merging him, then I would go with +HP.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

What's more important is who to feed the two extras to. In general, my preference is to save fodder like this for either a common unit I'm merging up and fully building, or an offense mythic. None of my current merge projects are looking for DC (the armors already have it), but I do have a +2 Naga (+Spd) who seems like she'd benefit a lot. Might be able to start using her less once we get a third Astra mythic, but it could take a while for me to actually get them, and even once I do, I'm sure Naga will still be useful sometimes. So she seems like the first pick.

I am not sure I would give Naga Distant Counter. I do not think it is a good idea to let her tank things. As a Mythic she does not benefit from stat boosts like non-Mythics do. Not only is there Thrasir, there are also SK!Alms and other archers roaming around frequently.

I prefer giving her Life and Death to soak Chills. If she already has the highest Atk/Spd, then she can just stick with her default A skill.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

If I give one to Naga, that leaves one for a future merge project. I've thought about building Ares, but I'm not sure he's very effective these days. He seems kind of like a worse Altina, who hasn't been doing great for me lately in the first place. Astram is another unit I've thought about merging, in his case for arena, but now that we're in Gen 5, there might be better options on the way. A third option is Laslow, who has a pretty odd weapon but one that sounds pretty effective. I don't know what his performance is like, but he's cheap to build and could be able to function as a better Altina in Light season. I do often find myself wanting a sword user there to fight opposing Brave Ikes, and while Peony's stat boost is largely redundant with the one he grants, it'd also make it easier to trigger his weapon. And there could be other options I haven't considered.

Altina's Atk numbers are a little harder to quantify and compare to others since she spreads out her attack over two hits unlike Blade mages, Ares, and Rapier-Special Spiral who does it with one hit. Two hit Counter-Vantage units are easier to wall off due to their lower Atk, so Ares should be better than Altina in this regard. For doing math, one hit Counter-Vantage units are lot easier to work with since you just have to compare enemies' total bulk to your unit's total Atk.

Ares hits harder than Laevatein, and his Atk goes up faster than Laevatein with each merge and Flower, since Ares's Def also contributes to his damage via Bonfire. Ares would still like buffs to Atk/Def for optimal performance, but he is not super reliant on it compared to Blade mages. If you have used a Blade mage Counter-Vantage unit before, Ares would work pretty similarly. Ares does have a major drawback compared to Blade mages in that you need a way to set up Special Spiral beforehand, although he can technically Counter-Vantage without it and he can set it up naturally, but Ares needs to go through two rounds of combat in order to get Special Spiral going.

As for Laslow and Altina, if you are having issues with Altina, I am not sure Laslow is going to be that much better, since his Atk is decent but not super high. Altina's Weapon Mt is low, but her naturally higher Atk and access to A skills makes up for that. If Altina runs Brazen Atk/Stat, Laslow would need 1 Atk Mythic to have the same Atk as Altina. If you pair them with BH!Lucina, then I think Altina will win out due to Twin Blades.

Laslow:
38 Atk + 1 Flower + 16 Mt + 3 Weapon = 58

Altina
42 Atk + 10 Mt + 6 A = 58
42 Atk + 10 Mt + 9 A = 61

2 hours ago, Othin said:

What seems like the best choice?

I lean towards Ares since doing the math is easier when you actually use him, and he is less likely to be walled off by high bulk.

You can merge the extra copy of Hríd or turn him into a Combat Manual for later use. I feel kind of iffy on Naga since it does not sound like a good idea to have an enemy phase unit that is not a super tank handle ranged nukes.

Edited by XRay

43 minutes ago, XRay said:

I personally lean towards merging him to +1 to get rid of the Flaw. I lean towards +Res to balance his bulk. If you are not merging him, then I would go with +HP.

I am not sure I would give Naga Distant Counter. I do not think it is a good idea to let her tank things. As a Mythic she does not benefit from stat boosts like non-Mythics do. Not only is there Thrasir, there are also SK!Alms and other archers roaming around frequently.

I prefer giving her Life and Death to soak Chills. If she already has the highest Atk/Spd, then she can just stick with her default A skill.

Altina's Atk numbers are a little harder to quantify and compare to others since she spreads out her attack over two hits unlike Blade mages, Ares, and Rapier-Special Spiral who does it with one hit. Two hit Counter-Vantage units are easier to wall off due to their lower Atk, so Ares should be better than Altina in this regard. For doing math, one hit Counter-Vantage units are lot easier to work with since you just have to compare enemies' total bulk to your unit's total Atk.

Ares hits harder than Laevatein, and his Atk goes up faster than Laevatein with each merge and Flower, since Ares's Def also contributes to his damage via Bonfire. Ares would still like buffs to Atk/Def for optimal performance, but he is not super reliant on it compared to Blade mages. If you have used a Blade mage Counter-Vantage unit before, Ares would work pretty similarly. Ares does have a major drawback compared to Blade mages in that you need a way to set up Special Spiral beforehand, although he can technically Counter-Vantage without it and he can set it up naturally, but Ares needs to go through two rounds of combat in order to get Special Spiral going.

As for Laslow and Altina, if you are having issues with Altina, I am not sure Laslow is going to be that much better, since his Atk is decent but not super high. Altina's Weapon Mt is low, but her naturally higher Atk and access to A skills makes up for that. If Altina runs Brazen Atk/Stat, Laslow would need 1 Atk Mythic to have the same Atk as Altina. If you pair them with BH!Lucina, then I think Altina will win out due to Twin Blades.

Laslow:
38 Atk + 1 Flower + 16 Mt + 3 Weapon = 58

Altina
42 Atk + 10 Mt + 6 A = 58
42 Atk + 10 Mt + 9 A = 61

I lean towards Ares since doing the math is easier when you actually use him, and he is less likely to be walled off by high bulk.

You can merge the extra copy of Hríd or turn him into a Combat Manual for later use. I feel kind of iffy on Naga since it does not sound like a good idea to have an enemy phase unit that is not a super tank handle ranged nukes.

I do not really use Hrid, so a merge on him seems like it would accomplish a lot less than DC on a unit I plan to use long term. 

It's true that Naga might have a hard time even with DC, but even if she can't do heavy tanking, it still seems like it could be a meaningful upgrade to one of my most used AR units by letting her bait individual ranged attackers she can handle. I haven't tried LaD, but I'm not sure soaking offensive chills would be helpful to the Astra teams I've been running. 

For Ares, I'm not worried about math. Math is like half the appeal of FE to me. I have to wonder about what can survive the hits, though, as well as what can bypass Vantage through Hardy Bearing or Dazzling Staff. Setting up the first special also seems like an issue. I haven't tried Blade Vantage, admittedly. 

For Laslow, you're comparing at equal merges, but I can +10 Laslow and give him a +Atk nature while Altina is currently stuck at +1 with a neutral nature. He also seems less all or nothing than Altina due to his more well rounded stats. And all that could lead to me giving him more flowers, further increasing the Atk gap. 

Edited by Othin

I guess if I want Naga to be able to counter ranged attacks, I may as well have her learn Lightning Breath and then see how well that goes before making a decision about DC.

Another possible unit I could give DC to is Brave Ike. While I have limited ability to merge him, I've got a couple of extra copies sitting around I could merge rather than using as Steady Breath fodder, and I could dragonflower him up to +15. Perhaps that would be a better use for one of the DCs?

Edit: I have four copies of Brave Ike, so I could get him up to +3. One of them is +Atk.

Edited by Othin

11 hours ago, Othin said:

I guess if I want Naga to be able to counter ranged attacks, I may as well have her learn Lightning Breath and then see how well that goes before making a decision about DC.

That sounds like a solid plan.

9 hours ago, Othin said:

Another possible unit I could give DC to is Brave Ike. While I have limited ability to merge him, I've got a couple of extra copies sitting around I could merge rather than using as Steady Breath fodder, and I could dragonflower him up to +15. Perhaps that would be a better use for one of the DCs?

Edit: I have four copies of Brave Ike, so I could get him up to +3. One of them is +Atk.

That sounds good, but I am not sure I would invest too much into BH!Ike unless you also have Spurn or Null Follow-Up for him, and got BH!Lucina and ideally a second Peony. Without those skills and teammates, BH!Ike is not very different from other tanks.

11 hours ago, Rinco said:

Does Brammy make more use of Moonbow than his default Luna? 

I would go with Moonbow. Luna does not activate frequently enough. I would only go with Luna or higher if he is on a Pulse team.

Edited by XRay

Need advice on avoiding a "Must spend orbs" mentality over very long periods of time.

Another legendary Julia rerun is up, saved a good 380 up ahead of time. Which was about a month and a half and the entire time my trigger finger was getting so damn itchy and it was a struggle doing this for a short period of time.

Apparently the game doesn't think me saving up 400 for Julia is enough over a month and a half to get even a single copy of her. So, game on. 5 MONTHS OF SAVING! Maybe having an orb count in the thousands will be enough for A SINGLE COPY of legendary Julia. (Knowing the game, it won't be... It just hates me)

So any advice for avoiding impulse summons over many months? I can barely hold it for just 1. Sorry for the somewhat angry typing. Its just after 1500 across 4 seperate runs trying to get one specific character. It sort of destroys my sense of calm.

Edited by Faellin

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

Need advice on avoiding a "Must spend orbs" mentality over very long periods of time.

Another legendary Julia rerun is up, saved a good 380 up ahead of time. Which was about a month and a half and the entire time my trigger finger was getting so damn itchy and it was a struggle doing this for a short period of time.

Apparently the game doesn't think me saving up 400 for Julia is enough over a month and a half to get even a single copy of her. So, game on. 5 MONTHS OF SAVING! Maybe having an orb count in the thousands will be enough for A SINGLE COPY of legendary Julia. (Knowing the game, it won't be... It just hates me)

So any advice for avoiding impulse summons over many months? I can barely hold it for just 1. Sorry for the somewhat angry typing. Its just after 1500 across 4 seperate runs trying to get one specific character. It sort of destroys my sense of calm.

Every time you use Orbs on summons, put $5 for each Orb you use into your savings account, IRA, investment portfolio, piggy bank, or whatever.

So if you try to spend Orbs after your free summon, that would cost you $20.

It's been a good while since the Fodlan Braves were released, I have Edelgard and Dimitri (with Dimitri being +Def +1merge), and I'm one full summon away from getting the second, and at this point last, sparking before the banner ends in a week. Quick question, now that we know what they're all about, between Claude and Lysithea who would be best to get for my last sparking? Both I understand have their advantages, disadvantages, and fans, but assume that I will never summon a Fodlan Brave again: who would I rather have on my side?

Quick question.

I have regular Idunn (-Spd/+Def) who I am debating on keeping (because fort def/res 3 is on a build I want to do with Mustafa and she'd be a hell of a lot cheaper than the divine codes or trying for the blue mage who has it), do I fodder her or wait for the off chance I'll get either the codes or another copy/carrier of fort def/res?  To be fair she has helped for some more difficult content but...the thing is I haven't really been using her and there is the off chance she could be useful in the limited battles...

5 hours ago, XRay said:

That sounds like a solid plan.

That sounds good, but I am not sure I would invest too much into BH!Ike unless you also have Spurn or Null Follow-Up for him, and got BH!Lucina and ideally a second Peony. Without those skills and teammates, BH!Ike is not very different from other tanks.

I don't have Spurn, NFU, or a second Peony, but I do have Lucina and Repel, and I could save up for NFU from the manual shop.

That all said, my Light team doesn't need help as much as Astra right now. If he isn't currently particularly good on Astra, there might not be much point yet. But I can hold onto all that stuff and see if I get any better Astra mythics over time.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

It's been a good while since the Fodlan Braves were released, I have Edelgard and Dimitri (with Dimitri being +Def +1merge), and I'm one full summon away from getting the second, and at this point last, sparking before the banner ends in a week. Quick question, now that we know what they're all about, between Claude and Lysithea who would be best to get for my last sparking? Both I understand have their advantages, disadvantages, and fans, but assume that I will never summon a Fodlan Brave again: who would I rather have on my side?

Personally I would go with Claude. Wind Parthia allows him to have many different playstyles (player phase, enemy phase or even mixed) and his Class lacks competition (Spring Loki and Summer Takumi don't even compare to him). Lysithea on the other hand is one of many Nukes whose role can be fulfilled by other similar nukes or simple blade Tomes. 

Also about Brammimond, in non AR Defence content where the enemies he will face aren't supported properly or at all and since lowering foes Atk stay isn't an option what can he run in the C slot to help give debuffs or help his battle performance? 

3 hours ago, Othin said:

I don't have Spurn, NFU, or a second Peony, but I do have Lucina and Repel, and I could save up for NFU from the manual shop.

Repel is fine. Anything that reduces damage by percentage is good. Personally, I prefer Spurn/Repel/Close Call over Null Follow-Up. You just need one of those B skills, not all of them. My BH!Ike is running Close Call.

I think it might be okay to go without a second Peony. I would run Chill Spd and/or Sabotage Spd to offset the lack of second Peony. If you got Eir and are willing to give her Temari, that could work out too.

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I am a player phase player, so I do have an extremely strong bias here, and I will be speaking from a primarily player phase perspective.

ANF!Lysithea is hands down the best unit in terms of just basekit and general use, but only just barely. She is a little boring in terms of dialing things up to 11, so if you already have something like SK!Alm, Nino, Ophelia, etc. who also dial it up to 11, ANF!Lysithea is not really going to be bringing much to the table.

Second choice would be ANF!Claude. He is pretty good too, BUT ONLY AFTER you give him Brave Bow or Firesweep Bow, so ANF!Claude is really just being carried by his Weapon-movement class alone. In a purely player phase perspective, ANF!Claude is even more boring than ANF!Lysithea since he is running what every other archer can run.

ANF!Edelgard ties with ANF!Claude so she is my other second choice. This is an extremely high praise from me since I find armors absolutely a huge pain in the ass to use. I have not used ANF!Edelgard in Arena yet (but I am about to), but just using her Special Training Maps feels extremely satisfying because her mobility literally rivals cavalry units if she got allies around. If ANF!Edelgard was a ranged unit, she would easily be first place in my opinion, as all you need to do is replace A and B slot with Life and Death-Special Spiral and she would be a terrifying Blazing nuke with extreme mobility. You can still give her a Blazing nuke set as a melee unit, it is just that it is a bit more difficult to extract her out of enemy range. I gave mine Galeforce.

ANF!Dimitri is dead last. He is basically just a regular tank. If you want to use a top tier 5* exclusive tank, stick with BH!Ike. ANF!Dimitri is just a knock off BH!Ike and worse in most ways. The only reason I would pick him over any others is because you need a blue BH!Ike for Resonant Battles and Limited Hero Battles. But even in those modes, ANF!Edelgard got better dual phase performance and much better mobility in exchange for being a slightly worse Enemy Phase tank.

— — — — — — —

From a more nuanced view, I would place ANF!Edelgard first, and ANF!Lysithea probably last.

ANF!Edelgard can do any phase and got limited cavalry movement. And as a melee unit for player phase, she most importantly got a Slaying Weapon, which means she can Galeforce much more reliably. Her only downside is that she needs Heavy Blade. You can run Heavy Blade on A, but that is not ideal from a pure Galeforcer standpoint since Heavy Blade on A means a slightly weaker stat check AND a slightly higher damage output, both of which you do not want. Galeforcers want a more reliable stat check and deal less damage so they can activate Galeforce more consistently, since if they kill something in one shot, that means the Galeforce cannot trigger.

My second choice would be ANF!Claude. Despite his Weapon being pretty crap for Player Phase, that can always be replaced with Brave Bow or Firesweep Bow. ANF!Claude's strength lies in his ability to dual phase and enemy phase as a flier. I would stick with using him as a dual phase unit, since fliers are not that great as enemy phase units compared to other movement types due to a lack of access to really strong B skills. Even as a dual phase unit, I am not sure if it is a good idea to bring him into Aether Raids, since despite his deceptively high bulk, both tanks and nukes could potentially one shot him with a Special trigger as they do not mess around, especially the high tier ones.

My third choice would be ANF!Dimitri, so he is still near the bottom. I honestly do not see guides using ANF!Dimitri much, and even if they do, they will probably also feature a second solution without using him. ANF!Dimitri just does not bring anything new to the table as a tank. Spurn is not actually that great outside of BH!Ike since it does not provide enough protection from area of effect Specials. Since his Blue Lion Rule is not based off of Spd, it is also kind of worse compared to regular Spurn, as it means a player needs to choose between stacking Spd, stacking Def, or split between both, and all three of those options have problems. Compared to Spurn, stacking Spd helps prevent doubles, but it might not provide enough damage percentage reduction. Stacking Def means you are getting damage percentage reduction, but not the the double prevention. Split stacking means you are not getting the full benefits of either.

If you are veteran player and got Tharja, Celica, Igrene, etc. I honestly would not bother with ANF!Lysithea, especially if you have Lysithea already since she is just as powerful and already covers Resonant Battles and Limited Hero Battles. For new players though, even ANF!Lysithea is still a little debatable since Tharja is super cheap, but she would not be as bad of choice compared to veteran players since Lysithea is not exactly cheap nor easy to get a hold of.

3 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Personally I would go with Claude. Wind Parthia allows him to have many different playstyles (player phase, enemy phase or even mixed) and his Class lacks competition (Spring Loki and Summer Takumi don't even compare to him). Lysithea on the other hand is one of many Nukes whose role can be fulfilled by other similar nukes or simple blade Tomes. 

For player phase and assuming max investment, if a player has ASS!Takumi, ANF!Claude would be in the same situation as ANF!Lysithea. ANF!Claude brings nothing new to the table and the only advantage he has over ASS!Takumi is at best a 5 Spd advantage. That 5 Spd advantage is significant, but it is nothing game changing.

I think ANF!Claude would stand out better as a dual phase unit. Fliers have enemy phase issues with lack of access to strong B skills compared to other classes, and Iote's Shield eat up their Sacred Seal slot. But even as a dual phase unit, ANF!Claude still does not have access to Lull Atk/Spd nor Spurn; Dull Ranged is okay, but it is not as good as Lull Atk/Spd, and Guard is kind of questionable on a fast dual phase unit. No access to Lulls and Spurns is less of an issue on dual phase units since raw combat performance is not as important as flexibility, but that is still a disadvantage that fliers have compared to other movement types.

3 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Also about Brammimond, in non AR Defence content where the enemies he will face aren't supported properly or at all and since lowering foes Atk stay isn't an option what can he run in the C slot to help give debuffs or help his battle performance? 

Depends on what you are trying to make Bramimond do. I am going to assume player phase unless stated otherwise. While enemies he face are less likely to be supported properly, Drives, Wards, and Goads are not exactly rare, it is just that the AI does not know how to use them properly since it does not take them into account. 

+Atk
Void Tome
Reposition
Moonbow
Death Blow — Brazen Atk/Spd — Fury
Desperation
(Any C) — Impenetrable Dark — Savage Blow — Res Smoke
Death Blow — Brazen Atk/Spd

Death Blow allows him to get to work immediately without set up. If you are going for double Brazens, it does require set up, but you get higher Atk and enough Spd to win a Spd check against Wary Fighter units. Fury is for Wings of Mercy. For his C skill, I would just run whatever your team needs. If you want the C slot to be geared towards his own performance, I lean towards Res Smoke if you can afford it. If not, Savage Blow will work just as well, but you need to be wary of Wings of Mercy from the enemy.

1 hour ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

By the way, any thoughts about this Kronya build?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3v8djmwmurpvbuf/Screenshot_20200901-162953.png?dl=0

If you are going for a player phase build, I recommend the following:

Standard Player Phase:
+Spd
Barbed Shuriken [Spd]
Reposition
Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

Blazing Nuke:
+Atk
Barbed Shuriken [Atk]
Reposition
Growing Wind — Blazing Wind — Blazing Light
Life and Death
Special Spiral
(Any C) — Savage Blow — Def Smoke
Hardy Bearing — Attack +3

30 minutes ago, XRay said:

Repel is fine. Anything that reduces damage by percentage is good. Personally, I prefer Spurn/Repel/Close Call over Null Follow-Up. You just need one of those B skills, not all of them. My BH!Ike is running Close Call.

I think it might be okay to go without a second Peony. I would run Chill Spd and/or Sabotage Spd to offset the lack of second Peony. If you got Eir and are willing to give her Temari, that could work out too.

Hmm. Don't want to inherit Sabotage Spd or Temari, but I can do a Chill Spd seal, and I could give him Spd Smoke.

+3 rather than +10 is another 3 points of Spd lost, I'm not sure how much that affects things. Plus the matter of wanting to use him in Astra season, not Light.

Edited by Othin

Just now, Othin said:

+3 rather than +10 is another 3 points of Spd lost, I'm not sure how much that affects things. Plus the matter of wanting to use him in Astra season, not Light.

I would hold off on giving him Distant Counter then and wait until an Astra Spd Mythic comes out. I do not think it is a good idea to give BH!Ike Distant Counter in the meantime just in case a better candidate pops up between now and whenever the Astra Spd Mythic gets released.

37 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would hold off on giving him Distant Counter then and wait until an Astra Spd Mythic comes out. I do not think it is a good idea to give BH!Ike Distant Counter in the meantime just in case a better candidate pops up between now and whenever the Astra Spd Mythic gets released.

Makes sense. I'll hold off and save the Ikes and fodder, then. 

In the meantime, I think I'll put Laslow and/or Ares on my list of next merge projects and get an idea of how much I like their playstyles, to see which one (if either) would be the best candidate for the other DC.

58 minutes ago, XRay said:

Depends on what you are trying to make Bramimond do. I am going to assume player phase unless stated otherwise. While enemies he face are less likely to be supported properly, Drives, Wards, and Goads are not exactly rare, it is just that the AI does not know how to use them properly since it does not take them into account. 

+Atk
Void Tome
Reposition
Moonbow
Death Blow — Brazen Atk/Spd — Fury
Desperation
(Any C) — Impenetrable Dark — Savage Blow — Res Smoke
Death Blow — Brazen Atk/Spd

Death Blow allows him to get to work immediately without set up. If you are going for double Brazens, it does require set up, but you get higher Atk and enough Spd to win a Spd check against Wary Fighter units. Fury is for Wings of Mercy. For his C skill, I would just run whatever your team needs. If you want the C slot to be geared towards his own performance, I lean towards Res Smoke if you can afford it. If not, Savage Blow will work just as well, but you need to be wary of Wings of Mercy from the enemy.

He is a unit that I never used beforehand so I tested him out in the recent Abyssals with 3 dancers and his base kit. I was pleasantly surprised by his performance offensively and even defensively being able to take hits despite having extremely lowered Hp. After Fae is done I want to give him the +10 flower treatment (I actually was looking for a good infantry to give flowers to). With 10 flowers, Summoner support and Mirabilis support he will be crazy. He can be used in every non Arena content and AR (AR defense has his base kit maybe with Sturdy impact) . 3 dancers and Fury, desperation, Brazen Atk/Spd is incredibly useful for such nukes.

To utilise the +def (not planning to make him +Atk unless I pull a new one) in the future I will turn him into a mixed phase tank using the Close counter from the upcoming Xander manual from the manual shop. Especially if we get a Atk/Def or Spd/Def solo seal. He will be able to auto battle any non Abyssal content with Mirabilis at his side. Since his weapon is also activated by debuffs he will work with something like Atk smoke as the AI doesn't know how to use drives and these skills. 

Okay, so apparently the right nickname can change your Friend Greeting?

I have a friend named $EBt|Face_C| with Default!Lyon as his character, and in his second window of speech he changes to his third portrait and says "May my visit sustain your friendship with ."

I never knew that XD

Edited by MilodicMellodi