"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

So you're arguing against Flora Guide? Asking as I have a Summer!Lute lying around that could be good for Ilyana.

I would not recommend Flora Guide either. Blade tomes just give so much Atk that sacrificing up to 7 Spd is still worth it in my opinion.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

1: Does anyone think they'll increase the number of skills to inherit? I do think it's about time they should, but honestly I doubt it.

I hope so, but I doubt it too. Ideally, I hope they just remove the limit altogether and allow us to inherit everything.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

2: Just an aside, which divine code path do people recommend? I've cleared Heroes and am just wondering which would be better between Archanea or Tellius.

Depends on what you need. If you are not sure on what you need, then I do not recommend spending Divine Codes on any path and just wait until they add more paths. If nothing screams "Pick me! Pick me!" at you, I would just keep saving. The only high demand skills are Distant Counter and maybe Close Counter. Null Follow-Up is also decent if you are building a super tank, although you really only need one or two copies at most, one for each season's super tank.

As for other maybe notable skills, Mirror Impact is nice, but it is really niche. I would not bother with it unless you are building an Infantry Pulse team with an Iceberg or Glacies bomb.

Fort. Def/Res is only relevant if you are using debuffers, but even then, Fortress Res will work almost as well, so I do not think it is justifiable to get Fort. Def/Res for 1 extra point in Res in exchange for 8,000 Divine Codes, unless there are also other stuff in that path that you really want.

Special Spiral is good if you are building a Blazing nuke, but other than that, it is not that high in demand.

Swift Sparrow and Fury are also really nice, but player phase units can make do without it.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Alm (Windsweep, can't think of much use beyond Byleth)

Windsweep and Watersweep are a bit niche in my opinion. It is good for the Byleths to go tank busting if there is a specific type of tank that you want to kill. For tank busting in general though, I would stick with Desperation.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Bunny!Palla (Pegasus Carrot, Swift Sparrow 2, Disarm Trap, Hone Fliers)

Disarm Trap is only relevant if you play Aether Raids, and even then, it might not even be relevant depending on your team composition and play style. Hone Fliers is nice, but I do not think it is super necessary anymore once they release more specialized Hone Sacred Seals. Hone Dragons is out, and it is only a matter of time before they add Hone Fliers.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Selkie (Atk/Spd Bond, Sabotage Atk, Even Res Wave)

Sabotage might be useful in Aether Raids, but it depends on your set up and play style.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Adrift!M!Corrin (Atk/Def Bond, Null Followup, Hone Dragons)

As previously mentioned, Null Follow-Up is good if you need to build a super tank to handle certain types of threats.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Linus (Brazen Atk/Spd)

It is very good for nukes. Personally, I would merge since it is not necessary for most nukes and I prefer merging Grail units rather than foddering them. If there is a nuke that you really like though, then I would also save Orbs for Brazen Atk/Spd 4 to really pimp out that nuke. Brazen Atk/Spd 3 is good, but you really want Brazen Atk/Spd 4 to really unleash that raw power.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Edelgard (Atk/Def Solo, Atk/Def Rouse)

I would fodder her to any unit with dual phase guaranteed follow-up attacks, prioritizing Solo first. Rouses are less necessary in my opinion since there are alternative means to buff Solo units. You can also merge her if you want to use her as a dual phase unit.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Hector (DC)

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Takumi (CC)

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

M!Byleth (DC, Chill Spd, Odd Spd Wave)

Outside of super tanks, the only ones who really want it are Counter-Vantage units and regular tanks. I have a bias for player phase, so I personally would prioritize Counter-Vantage units over regular tanks for either skill.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Summer!Laevateinn (Buoyboard, Mirror Impact, Def/Res Link, Odd Atk Wave)

Mirror Impact is good for Infantry Pulse Aether Raids defense teams. In player hands though, it is kind of meh. I would save her until you got the resources to build an Infantry Pulse team.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Kinoka (Atk/Spd Bond, Filer Formation/Guidance)

Flier Formation and Guidance are also good on Aether Raids defense to surprise players.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Bunnero (Lethal Carrot, Spd/Res Bond, Live for Bounty)

I would save her for whenever Spd/Res Unity comes out.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Caineghis (DD4, Vengeful Fighter, Distant Def) (Would it be worth merging onto my base one?)

He is pretty decent if you use him as an armor Galeforcer to take out cav line, so I would merge. Crafty Fighter is also out now, and that is a better B skill for armor units in my opinion, so I would not worry too much about not foddering Vengeful Fighter.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Loki (C Duel Inf, Odd Atk Wave, Restore+)

C Duel Infantry is good if you want to maintain a good score in Arena with old units.

I do not recommend it, but you can give Odd Atk Wave to Nino so she will always have Atk+6 on herself all the time. It is more of a fun build than a practical build. For practicality, Spd Refinement is way better since you will always have a Dancer/Singer nearby anyways to provide buffs, so self buffing is not necessary at all for nukes.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Dimitiri (DB4, Lull Atk/Def)

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Bravica (Galeforce, DB4)

Good for slow Brave nukes. TSOIA!Palla would also really like Death Blow since she does not care about Spd with guaranteed follow-up attacks.

Death Blow and Lull Atk/Def combo can be pretty good for someone like UOT!Leif, who can more reliably trigger his Galeforce with Heavy Blade Sacred Seal for example.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

BKhorm (Aether, Chill Def, Sword Valor)

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

NY!Ryoma (Sky Maiougi, Chill Def)

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Summer!Lute (Flora Guide, Spd Tactic)

I would just merge these.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've found Sky Maiougi very useful on my +10 Winter Jaffar in the Arena, for fighting opposing armors.

He also has Lethal Carrot, which I haven't used as much, but it certainly goes nicely with Noontime.

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

2: Just an aside, which divine code path do people recommend? I've cleared Heroes and am just wondering which would be better between Archanea or Tellius.

I'm just gonna give my thoughts on each path's available fodder.

• Awakening/Fates: Summer Cordelia's Shell Lance is beaten out by the Lofty Blossoms available on the Radiance path IMO, but having a source of Sturdy Blow can help if you ever need to inherit Sturdy Impact onto someone, since that means extra skills. Vengeful Fighter remains a solid skill. Owain offering Blue Flame and Wrath is solid. Close Counter is, imo, a situational skill where the units who benefit from it are not exactly the same as the units who would benefit from Distant Counter; Quick Riposte is always a useful skill to have, though being available in the 4* pool diminishes the value of it a little for how much you'd have to spend for it, and Dusk Uchiwa is... honestly, I don't see people talking about Cav-effective weaponry, so eh. As for Corrin... Null Follow-up is certainly a useful skill, but I don't know about spending 6k divine codes for it...
  • Radiance: Leanne offering Hone Beasts is useful if you have a beast unit who can benefit from it, and Flier Formation is solid for fliers who have the offensive might but lack a useful B slot (Jill comes to mind). Cloud Maiougi is probably the most useful skill on Elincia, but Atk/Spd Push 3 can be useful as well since the units who pack A/S Push 4 have other useful fodder skills. Lethe... she also packs Hone Beasts, and I can't think of many units who want Spd/Def Solo, so kind of a letdown if you don't need another Hone Beasts. Tanith has a pretty good PP Lance, Swift Sparrow 2, and Harsh Command+, so she's a solid book. Greil has Fury 4 and Aether, and Fury 4 is a solid skill to have.
  • Blades/Sacred Stones: Lilina sucks, everything she has is worthless. Amelia coming with Armor March is solid enough. Nino has Swift Sparrow and Aerobatics, the latter of which can be used for some tricky setups for fliers. Ephraim with Atk/Def Solo is okay, but Bold Fighter is a skill to target if you need it for your offensive needs. And who can forget Distant Counter? Overall a solid path to target for player-phase Armors, but with a very bad first book.
  • Holy War: Leif has Blazing Light, which surprisingly is not that common a skill, so he's worth a look for that alone. Quick Riposte is much more reasonable to target here than it was on Awakening/Fates, and Spd Ploy is solid enough for your Res-based sabotaging needs. Close Def I feel is outclassed by many other EP A passives, but for no better option it is here (now if only Close Def 4 would be released already). Lewyn and Ishtar are the ones to gun for on this path though, because Special Spiral is just that great a skill, and Air Orders enables some good flier trickery movements to go down, though Swift Sparrow 3 is a good target as well. But Special Spiral is the one to target, if you ask me.
  • Mystery/Shadows: Caeda is useless. Celica... again with Blazing Light, and Distant Def is a solid pickup if you need to inherit DD4 to someone. Genny has Wrathful Staff of course, but Toasty Skewer is also a solid skill to pickup for supportive reasons; I don't much care for Opening skills, so no opinion there. Spring Palla has Pegasus Carrot, which I think is a good skill to have on an offensive Red dagger, what with all the frightening Green Armors we have to worry about now, or even pack it for a Green Dagger now that Brave Hector disables follow-ups. I don't use Disarm Trap, so I dunno if that's a good skill to pack for AR, while Swift Sparrow remains Swift Sparrow. Fortress Def/Res 3 is good to pick up for res-based sabotage units, and Mila can appreciate it as well.
  • Heroes: Honestly I think it's a somewhat weak path. Alfonse offers an easy Def Smoke and Sturdy Blow. Ylgr has Spd Tactics, still the rarest Tactics, and Chill Spd; no one seems to care about Sorcery Blade. Dazzling Staff is something I guess, and Ovoid Staff could be a solid pickup as well if you need that extra healing. Atk/Spd Link just feels useless now that Ruse skills are becoming more and more common, but it's still good for Smiting someone, while I don't have any opinions on A/S Bond; Kabura Ya could be good for a supportive Bow you don't want to be seeing combat. As for Laev... I don't think Buoyboard is strong enough to take over other possible green tomes, Def/Res Link kind of suffers the same problems as A/S Link (though it's worth getting if you wanna build a Spectrum Link Odin), and Mirror Impact... I dunno, it feels kinda underwhelming as a final reward for 6k codes.

I know you wanted an opinion for which path to pick, but really all I can say is just take the path that matches your needs most. I personally don't even look at skills, cause a lot of these units I could use merges for instead. In fact I'm gonna start on the Radiance path next to get myself an extra merge on Lethe... but between Radiance and Mystery/Shadows, I think you should take Mystery/Shadows if you want to build a res-based Sabotage unit or Mila, because Fortress Def/Res 3 is vital for such a unit to work. Technically Fortress Res or Fortress Def are the only skills required, but the additional layer of bulk is always appreciated in an emergency.
Following up on some of @XRay's responses...

Spoiler

Fort Def/Res feels necessary for Mila. She comes with both Sabotage Atk and Mila's Turnwheel, and each uses both defensive stats. And as I mentioned above, some units may appreciate the extra layer of bulk in emergencies.

Windsweep can be comboed with Spring Fir's weapon and the weapons of all the Byleths. I've heard of people using it with Kempf in combination with Phantom Spd as well, but I don't know how well that's worked out for them...

Spring Palla's Pegasus Carrot can be nice to inherit to some colored daggers in order to take out a certain Armor color in an emergency, mostly for Arena Assault though since Armors are the most popular in Arena.

Can confirm, Sabotage Atk is great for Aether Raids. Suckers never think to pack more than 50 Res, heheh.

Loki's C Duel Infantry is perfect if you want to bring Virion's Dignified Bow into Arena battles.

Edited by Xenomata

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

Note that Sturdy Blow has a common source in the form of Athena.

It is still locked at 5* though, which doesn't mean much but can alleviate some resource costs. And fortunately the holders of SB2 are the firsts on their paths, so if dayni wanted Null Follow-Up from Corrin they'll wind up with it anyway.

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

It is still locked at 5* though, which doesn't mean much but can alleviate some resource costs. And fortunately the holders of SB2 are the firsts on their paths, so if dayni wanted Null Follow-Up from Corrin they'll wind up with it anyway.

Sure. Feathers are cheaper than manuals, though.

Trying to decide what to use my Lewyn manual on. And the 2 i'm considering so far are legendary Alm and Shannan so they can more effectively spam their unique specials.

Or do both of them make terrible use of the skill or something?

1 minute ago, Faellin said:

Trying to decide what to use my Lewyn manual on. And the 2 i'm considering so far are legendary Alm and Shannan so they can more effectively spam their unique specials.

I don't think either one particularly wants Special Spiral. The place I've seen it really shine is units with Vantage built into their weapon, like Kronya and Young Marth. I'm certainly planning on going for the Lewyn manual at some point for Kronya, when I merge her.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

Death Blow and Lull Atk/Def combo can be pretty good for someone like UOT!Leif, who can more reliably trigger his Galeforce with Heavy Blade Sacred Seal for example.

I was about to ask, but I made sure to check. Sort of two questions that was answered by one.

For legendary Leif, besides a -breaker of choice for certain maps, Lull Atk/Def, Vantage, and Wings of Mercy which at worst would be for Resonant Battles or HM farming, the only other B passive that comes to mind he would want to inherit is Escape Route. Either I experienced it or saw it somewhere; through recoil damage or whatever damage he takes, legendary Leif can attack, charge Njorun's Zeal if it was not already charged, and then warp out with Escape Route to safety or to an ally who is conveniently in a position for him to take out another foe. Keeping his Atk/Res Push 4 is fine, but pairing Escape Route with Fury would work as well; Fury would trade Atk/Res+4 for Spd/Def+3 and working when he's under 25% HP which would allow him to retain the Atk+3 when he's below 25% HP on maps with longer engagements. Other than Escape Route, I can't think of any other B passive he would really want.

I had a regular Dimitri show up in the Despair and Hope banner. Spare copy, was -Atk, became a manual, and the first copy who is neutral is doing fine with a Galeforce build that I don't feel like a merge is that needed when regular Dimitri can give Death Blow 4 and Lull Atk/Def 3. I had asked and wondered a while back that if I had a spare regular Dimitri who would want really want Death Blow 4 and Lull Atk/Def 3. I didn't have legendary Leif at the time, but I did have legendary Ephraim who more or less functions like regular Dimitri. I don't use legendary Ephraim much outside of Arena Assault when it's fire season and unlike regular Dimitri, he would require inheriting those skills along with Galeforce while I just needed to inherit Galeforce on regular Dimitri, but I digress. Legendary Leif being the only ranged unit with Galeforce of some kind and him having Meisterbogen makes me feel like Death Blow 4 and Lull Atk/Def 3 would be a definite good inheritance.

Other than him or legendary Ephraim, I can't think of anyone else who I would really want to use the regular Dimitri manual immediately. There's Gordin and Klein for Brave Bow infantry where Klein would rather have Lull Spd/Def, perhaps Gangrel, Kagero, or Sothe; Frederick for pure armor smashing, but CYL Hector has built-in Svalinn Shield now, and Luke for meme reasons i.e. no, I will not heavily invest in Luke. Also, Meisterhardt who is +7, but his default Death Blow 3 and Vantage 3 are fine.

Close Counter/Close Foil would be interesting on legendary Leif due to Meisterbogen's dual phase Brave effect, but with damage reduction skills, him targeting defense instead of resistance, and legendary Leif feeling more player phase than enemy phase, probably not worth it compared to a unit that is more for enemy phase, has better bulk, or who can reach very high attack on enemy phase.

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I was about to ask, but I made sure to check. Sort of two questions that was answered by one.

For legendary Leif, besides a -breaker of choice for certain maps, Lull Atk/Def, Vantage, and Wings of Mercy which at worst would be for Resonant Battles or HM farming, the only other B passive that comes to mind he would want to inherit is Escape Route. Either I experienced it or saw it somewhere; through recoil damage or whatever damage he takes, legendary Leif can attack, charge Njorun's Zeal if it was not already charged, and then warp out with Escape Route to safety or to an ally who is conveniently in a position for him to take out another foe. Keeping his Atk/Res Push 4 is fine, but pairing Escape Route with Fury would work as well; Fury would trade Atk/Res+4 for Spd/Def+3 and working when he's under 25% HP which would allow him to retain the Atk+3 when he's below 25% HP on maps with longer engagements. Other than Escape Route, I can't think of any other B passive he would really want.

I had a regular Dimitri show up in the Despair and Hope banner. Spare copy, was -Atk, became a manual, and the first copy who is neutral is doing fine with a Galeforce build that I don't feel like a merge is that needed when regular Dimitri can give Death Blow 4 and Lull Atk/Def 3. I had asked and wondered a while back that if I had a spare regular Dimitri who would want really want Death Blow 4 and Lull Atk/Def 3. I didn't have legendary Leif at the time, but I did have legendary Ephraim who more or less functions like regular Dimitri. I don't use legendary Ephraim much outside of Arena Assault when it's fire season and unlike regular Dimitri, he would require inheriting those skills along with Galeforce while I just needed to inherit Galeforce on regular Dimitri, but I digress. Legendary Leif being the only ranged unit with Galeforce of some kind and him having Meisterbogen makes me feel like Death Blow 4 and Lull Atk/Def 3 would be a definite good inheritance.

Other than him or legendary Ephraim, I can't think of anyone else who I would really want to use the regular Dimitri manual immediately. There's Gordin and Klein for Brave Bow infantry where Klein would rather have Lull Spd/Def, perhaps Gangrel, Kagero, or Sothe; Frederick for pure armor smashing, but CYL Hector has built-in Svalinn Shield now, and Luke for meme reasons i.e. no, I will not heavily invest in Luke. Also, Meisterhardt who is +7, but his default Death Blow 3 and Vantage 3 are fine.

Close Counter/Close Foil would be interesting on legendary Leif due to Meisterbogen's dual phase Brave effect, but with damage reduction skills, him targeting defense instead of resistance, and legendary Leif feeling more player phase than enemy phase, probably not worth it compared to a unit that is more for enemy phase, has better bulk, or who can reach very high attack on enemy phase.

I've seen stuff about Fury + Escape Route Leif around here.

Speaking of Legendary Leif - is there anyone who wants Atk/Res Push, or should I just merge my extra? (Original is +Atk/-Res, extra is +Spd/-Res.)

Edited by Othin

35 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Time's Pulse might be better for both if you want to spam their specials. When the conditions for Time's Pulse 3 is fulfilled: "At start of turn, if Special cooldown count is at its maximum value, grants Special cooldown count-1", both Imperial/Regnal Astra and Lunar Flash become 1 cooldown specials. That means both of them just need to double to proc their unique special. For legendary Alm who is a player phase unit, that's really useful since he doesn't need Flashing Blade against units who do not have a Guard effect. For Shannan, he can with his default Wrath have charged Imperial Astra when he's in Wrath range. Shannan's more of a tank who leans towards physical damage tanking, so he might want a different B passive than Special Spiral including Spurn which I feel like his speed is shaky even with investment. His default Wrath is fine for damage. For C passive, Atk Smoke, Spd Smoke, or whatever you want for him and his team works well if you are looking for him to focus more on tanking than blowing up units with Imperial Astra.

Do note that Special Spiral does not stack with Time's Pulse, so don't inherit both unless you have two different builds planned for the unit.

Other than units who have Vantage through their weapon which is only Kronya I think since Ares and Eldigan have the reverse where they have Special Spiral through Dark Mystletainn, Special Spiral is good on units that can charge their specials quickly in some way. New Year's Alfonse & Sharena, Ophelia, and Sonya are infamous for this. Less so on Sonya since she only has Quickened Pulse 2 on unique refined Dark Excalibur compared to NY Alfonse & Sharena and Ophelia who have a Killer effect and whatever special charging effect. Sonya guarantees 10 damage with Dark Excalibur's Wo Dao effect, but a Killer effect would have allowed her to have charged 3 or 4 cooldown special throughout the battle unless I'm misunderstanding something. On turn 1, though, she can have a charged 3 or 5 cooldown special and maybe that's all that matters. Like Sonya, Navarre also has Quickened Pulse 2 through unique refined Scarlet Sword and you could do a Special Spiral build with him, but his attack isn't that great and unique refined Scarlet Sword's Killer effect and Quickened Pulse 2 shines in allowing him to Galeforce with just one hit if he has Flashing Blade or two without it. By default, Lewyn works like this with Forseti's >= 50% HP Desperation effect allowing him to get a 2 cooldown special on his second hit or charge an AoE special easily with Flashing Blade. Fallen Mareeta also has the same Desperation effect and Athena and Lyn have Desperation 3 on their weapons. There's also a Special Spiral build for the Black Knight/Zelgius where with Slaying Edge, he can have charged Black Luna. Back in the day, vanguard Ike with Special Spiral was a build some people did. Not sure how effective it is now.

Other than them, Special Spiral on other ranged units for AoE special spamming. So, archers and dagger units with a Killer effect on their weapon or mages like Lilina who can reach very high attack if they don't have a Killer effect or special charging effect. I have seen some people give Brunnya Special Spiral and Noontime, Sol, or Aether for sustain.

21 minutes ago, Othin said:

Speaking of Legendary Leif - is there anyone who wants Atk/Res Push, or should I just merge my extra? (Original is +Atk/-Res, extra is +Spd/-Res.)

Besides a slow healer with high resistance since they can't inherit skills like Fury, I can't think of anyone who would really, really want Atk/Res Push. Maybe Gangrel since Levin Dagger does scale off of his resistance and in combat. Brunnya if you want her to be more of a magic damage tank?

Edited by Kaden

Speaking of skills that can be inherited other ways - if you ever want to inherit Spd/Res Bond onto someone as a stepping stone towards Spd/Res Unity, Tethys gets Spd/Res Bond 3 at 4*. So I think it would be pretty wasteful to use the Kagero manual for that rather than for Lethal Carrot.

44 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Besides a slow healer with high resistance since they can't inherit skills like Fury, I can't think of anyone who would really, really want Atk/Res Push. Maybe Gangrel since Levin Dagger does scale off of his resistance and in combat. Brunnya if you want her to be more of a magic damage tank?

Doesn't sound very useful, then. If I build up a healer, I'll probably go for a fast one like Emmeryn with my extra Atk/Spd Push, and Gangrel doesn't seem very worthwhile to me. Brunnya could be fun, but even if I ever build her, she seems to have better options.

6 minutes ago, Lifeischore said:

When will be another chance to get summer Laevatain?

Next summer, probably either late June or early July.

Seasonal units over a year old generally only get rerun on their yearly revival banners.

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

Besides Counter-Vantage users with Vantage Weapons, the primary units who really want Special Spiral are Blazing nukes and maybe other Special spammers.

For SK!Alm and Shannan, they fall into the latter category. For SK!Alm, it seems like Special Spiral is a bit better than Desperation-Time's Pulse combo. But for Shannan, it seems like Desperation-Time's Pulse is better than Special Spiral. In my opinion, the performance difference does not seem so drastic to warrant Special Spiral on them in my opinion, and especially not for Shannan since Desperation-Time's Pulse is better. I would save Special Spiral for Blazing nukes since that makes or breaks that type of build.

Challenger List: Against Hard List. Both sides +10 with 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs. Challengers at 1 HP.

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Alm (SK) (5*+10 +spd -hp)  
Weapon: Luna Arc  
Special: Lunar Flash  
A: Brazen Atk Spd 4  
B: Desperation 3  
S: Brazen Atk Spd 3  

Alm (SK) (5*+10 +spd -hp)  
Weapon: Luna Arc  
Special: Lunar Flash  
B: Special Spiral 3  

Shannan (5*+10 +spd -hp)  
Weapon: Balmung  
Special: Imperial Astra  
B: Desperation 3  
😄 Time's Pulse 3  

Shannan (5*+10 +spd -hp)  
Weapon: Balmung  
Special: Imperial Astra  
B: Special Spiral 3  

- - - - - - -

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Yes, Fury-Escape Route is also really good. UOT!Leif have a few pretty good options.

Pure player phase with consistent Galeforce with Blow/Brazen-Lull-Heavy Blade is one option. Heavy Blade-Lull-Brazen can also work if you want more damage output at the cost of a slightly harder stat check to pass.

Fury-Escape Route is also really good. Technically you can go with any A skill, but Fury seems the easiest and surest way to make sure you reach Escape Route range. You can also run Heavy Blade Sacred Seal, but his Atk might be a bit low to activate it reliably if you use Fury as the A skill. I think the first time I saw Fury-Escape Route was in Pheonixmaster1's video, or maybe some other YouTuber.

Counter-Vantage is also another really good option, although the play style is drastically more different. He can go pure Counter-Vantage with Moonbow/Ruptured Sky, or he can multirole as a Counter-Vantage Galeforcer with Njölrun's Zeal since it is not like he can activate Moonbow/Ruptured Sky with consistency anyways unless he has BH!Lucina nearby.

I would not keep Atk/Spd Push unless you really want to cheap out on the build and keep it vanilla, but Fury-Escape Route is not exactly breaking anyone's bank.

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

He is not a good Counter-Vantage unit because he has super high Atk, he is a good Counter-Vantage unit because he can attack twice to simulate having high Atk. This is similar in vein to Altina and Keaton who rely on Meister effect to do their job.

He is the only Counter-Vantage unit that can Galeforce relatively reliably due to him being the only one with a 3 cooldown Galeforce, and being the only ranged unit who can Galeforce at all.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I would merge, but I would do it later until you can get him to +4+0 or +1+2 in one go. If he is going to remain at +1+0, I am not sure if 1 extra point in Atk is worth the vulnerability of being screwed by a level 1 Bolt Trap. If you can get him 2 extra points in Atk, I think that makes for a more compelling case for going over 40 HP. This is assuming no Mythics are involved.

If you plan to always have a Mythic, then he will always be over 40 HP anyways when the season matches, so merging to +1+0 should be fine.

I do not always use a Mythic, so I prefer to avoid +1+0 on my units if it would take them to over 40 HP.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Mirror Impact would be more suitable for Gangrel in my opinion since Mirror Impact does not run out of juice.

For Brunnya, I think she wants a Stance if she going the regular tank route for Guard and no recoil damage.

42 minutes ago, Lifeischore said:

Thats not answer I am looking for. 😞 Is there no other chance? I don't want to wait another year...

She might come in a Double Special Heroes Focus before then, but you will have to find the speculated schedule buried somewhere and the speculated schedule is not official so nothing is guaranteed. Waiting a year is not that bad in my opinion, as it provides you enough time to save up for Orbs.

2 hours ago, Lifeischore said:

Thats not answer I am looking for. 😞 Is there no other chance? I don't want to wait another year...

There's a chance that she'll show up somewhere else, but it's unlikely. This game tends to involve a lot of waiting.

A Double Special Heroes banner is the most likely shot, but they only put a few old units on those and there's not much way to predict which ones.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I would merge, but I would do it later until you can get him to +4+0 or +1+2 in one go. If he is going to remain at +1+0, I am not sure if 1 extra point in Atk is worth the vulnerability of being screwed by a level 1 Bolt Trap. If you can get him 2 extra points in Atk, I think that makes for a more compelling case for going over 40 HP. This is assuming no Mythics are involved.

If you plan to always have a Mythic, then he will always be over 40 HP anyways when the season matches, so merging to +1+0 should be fine.

I do not always use a Mythic, so I prefer to avoid +1+0 on my units if it would take them to over 40 HP.

I play AR competitively, so I always go for full mythic bonuses. And he's already got 2 dragonflower levels anyway.

I'm not sure what would be the point of worrying about 40 HP for Leif specifically, it's not like he typically uses Desperation or Vantage. (I also don't see a point in worrying that much about AR prep when not using full mythic bonuses. Either you're trying to do well in AR or you aren't.)

12 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm not sure what would be the point of worrying about 40 HP for Leif specifically, it's not like he typically uses Desperation or Vantage. (I also don't see a point in worrying that much about AR prep when not using full mythic bonuses. Either you're trying to do well in AR or you aren't.)

I gave mine Vantage, although I have not given him Close Counter yet since I think I am out or really low on it. Like most Counter-Vantage units, he cannot activate a damage Special reliably anyways and Njölrun's Zeal is a lot faster than Galeforce, so I figured I would turn him into a Counter-Vantage Galeforcer.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

I gave mine Vantage, although I have not given him Close Counter yet since I think I am out or really low on it. Like most Counter-Vantage units, he cannot activate a damage Special reliably anyways and Njölrun's Zeal is a lot faster than Galeforce, so I figured I would turn him into a Counter-Vantage Galeforcer.

Interesting. I can see some appeal in that, but I haven't built him for any of that myself.

48 minutes ago, Othin said:

What are some good things to keep in mind when building a flierball team for AR defense? Particularly for Dark season.

BH!Ike is probably going to be a lot more common now since you can finally Spd stack in Astra.

If you are using Mirabilis, she debuffs Atk/Def/Res on the offense team by quite a substantial amount, so it helps out Galeforcers on defense to win the Heavy Blade check easier. Unlike on offense, Galeforcers on defense does not actually care about activating Galeforce consistently as their primary objective is to kill something. Galeforce is a means to bypass the supertank if the supertank is too hard to kill and reach something easier to kill in the back.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

BH!Ike is probably going to be a lot more common now since you can finally Spd stack in Astra.

If you are using Mirabilis, she debuffs Atk/Def/Res on the offense team by quite a substantial amount, so it helps out Galeforcers on defense to win the Heavy Blade check easier. Unlike on offense, Galeforcers on defense does not actually care about activating Galeforce consistently as their primary objective is to kill something. Galeforce is a means to bypass the supertank if the supertank is too hard to kill and reach something easier to kill in the back.

I already have an Anima defense team I'm pretty happy with, so this one's for Dark.

It looks like my mythics are basically locked to Hel and Yune for now, although Triandra would be a huge improvement whenever she gets added. (Unless Sothis would work better than one of them? I don't have Brammimond yet.) Past that, I was thinking of using Ishtar and Lachesis for double dance support and Air Orders, but I'm not sure if that works as well as I'm thinking. I'm also not sure how best to position everyone. Last two slots are looking like two of Naesala/Cordelia/Cherche - all three have Galeforce already, I haven't merged Cordelia yet but I can do that if it seems like she'd be worthwhile here. They also have Lunge, if that's recommended.

Got a +Def -Hp Lif in the Mythic banner and though I was intending to fodder him to someone as he is really good I want to keep him. However, I am not a big fan of his weapon so I want to make him a budget Duofonse to spam his special so I thought of this build to replace his weapon that I don't like so much and give him consistency. 

• Slaying Edge+ (Def) 
  • Reposition
  • Open the future
  • Distant Counter 
  • Deathly Balance 
  • Def Smoke 3
  • Steady stance 2

Does this look good should I use his base kit?

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I already have an Anima defense team I'm pretty happy with, so this one's for Dark.

For some reason when I read Dark, I thought Anima. Total brain fart there.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

It looks like my mythics are basically locked to Hel and Yune for now, although Triandra would be a huge improvement whenever she gets added. (Unless Sothis would work better than one of them? I don't have Brammimond yet.) Past that, I was thinking of using Ishtar and Lachesis for double dance support and Air Orders, but I'm not sure if that works as well as I'm thinking. I'm also not sure how best to position everyone. Last two slots are looking like two of Naesala/Cordelia/Cherche - all three have Galeforce already, I haven't merged Cordelia yet but I can do that if it seems like she'd be worthwhile here. They also have Lunge, if that's recommended.

In my opinion, none of the Dark Mythics are particularly threatening combat wise. Bramimond has the most raw nuking power, but a proper super tank should have no trouble tanking it. Fast tanks can use Null Follow-Up, and slow tanks can just wall him off and Guard against his Special. Bramimond is only an issue in the context of an Infantry Pulse team, but that is not saying much since an Infantry Pulse team can make any infantry look scary.

For flier ball defense in general, I am not sure how prevalent Counter-Vantage archers are, but Hel and Ashnard might be decent at hardening your front line. The thing that trips me up the most when I use Kronya on offense is the frequent combination of Duo's Hindrance, Healing Tower (D), and a healer, since you need to eliminate at least two of those components to stand any chance of winning.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

For some reason when I read Dark, I thought Anima. Total brain fart there.

In my opinion, none of the Dark Mythics are particularly threatening combat wise. Bramimond has the most raw nuking power, but a proper super tank should have no trouble tanking it. Fast tanks can use Null Follow-Up, and slow tanks can just wall him off and Guard against his Special. Bramimond is only an issue in the context of an Infantry Pulse team, but that is not saying much since an Infantry Pulse team can make any infantry look scary.

For flier ball defense in general, I am not sure how prevalent Counter-Vantage archers are, but Hel and Ashnard might be decent at hardening your front line. The thing that trips me up the most when I use Kronya on offense is the frequent combination of Duo's Hindrance, Healing Tower (D), and a healer, since you need to eliminate at least two of those components to stand any chance of winning.

I was considering using Brave Camilla, but I assume she'd have to take Lachesis's spot, and I'm not sure if that's worth it.