"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

What's kid Caeda's best IV for an unmerged no dragonflower base kit level investment?

Shiida's fantastic at killing enemies before they have a chance to hit her with all her weapon effectiveness. Especially if you stack her with Goad Fliers from the rest of your team. So I'd say the only thing that really matters is that she's +Atk to ensure she kills everything. Mine is -def and that doesn't seem to bother her at all. You would want her to be able to take at least one hit though so she can Vantage everything instead of just most things. So I think -spd might probably be the best. She'll still unlikely to get doubled by most things, especially if you have a flying team backing her up with Goad Flier like I mentioned. That's the way I use her at any rate and she works as a pretty handy delete button on most maps outside of the harder Abyssal challenges where her high offense isn't quite high enough to one shot things.

8 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Shiida's fantastic at killing enemies before they have a chance to hit her with all her weapon effectiveness. Especially if you stack her with Goad Fliers from the rest of your team. So I'd say the only thing that really matters is that she's +Atk to ensure she kills everything. Mine is -def and that doesn't seem to bother her at all. You would want her to be able to take at least one hit though so she can Vantage everything instead of just most things. So I think -spd might probably be the best. She'll still unlikely to get doubled by most things, especially if you have a flying team backing her up with Goad Flier like I mentioned. That's the way I use her at any rate and she works as a pretty handy delete button on most maps outside of the harder Abyssal challenges where her high offense isn't quite high enough to one shot things.

I don't have a lot of goad fliers around, but thanks, I thought +Spd would be better lol, but I guess not if she's going to be a vantage unit like Kid Marth (who's +2 lol)

5 hours ago, steil said:

what would the interaction be when Duma (with Fell Breath & Wary Fighter ) against brave edelgard with 90% HP. Would it be based on spd check or would the second "foe cannot make  a followup atk" activate?

The second "foe cannot follow-up" effect would apply. Wary Fighter-style effects stack, so if two of them are in effect and you don't have a NFU effect, you need two guaranteed follow-up effects to cancel both of them and go to Spd check.

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

What's kid Caeda's best IV for an unmerged no dragonflower base kit level investment?

You want [+Atk, -HP].

As @Jotari said, you want +Atk to kill things in one shot.

For the Flaw, the vast majority of player phase and Counter-Vantage units want -HP to make entering HP thresholds easier.

I would not recommend -Spd since having Spd provides protection against B slot Sweep skills and ensures she deals enough damage against units with Spurn.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

You want [+Atk, -HP].

As @Jotari said, you want +Atk to kill things in one shot.

For the Flaw, the vast majority of player phase and Counter-Vantage units want -HP to make entering HP thresholds easier.

I would not recommend -Spd since having Spd provides protection against B slot Sweep skills and ensures she deals enough damage against units with Spurn.

She's already -HP which is nice but +Res, so she'd need to either be summoned for again, or trait fruits if I want to save orbs (probably the later lol).  So definitely keeping the -HP

1 minute ago, TheSilentChloey said:

She's already -HP which is nice but +Res, so she'd need to either be summoned for again, or trait fruits if I want to save orbs (probably the later lol).  So definitely keeping the -HP

You're probably pretty safe so long as she's not -atk. She usually kills everything by over kill unless it's a tanky blue unit which she can't quite kill. I personally keep trait fruits for Grail Units who can't get boons any other. Try her out and only use Trait Fruits if you find she's frequently just barely missing a kill.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

The second "foe cannot follow-up" effect would apply. Wary Fighter-style effects stack, so if two of them are in effect and you don't have a NFU effect, you need two guaranteed follow-up effects to cancel both of them and go to Spd check.

thank you!

What's a decent budget set for a +Atk Ares? I have enough copies to +10 him and I've already given him Blazing Wind, Vantage, and Savage Blow. I know Vantage is more for a DC build so I'm open to suggestions since I don't plan on giving him DC. Debating if I should give him L & D or Fury as the A skill. Fury will work with Vantage but L & D gives 2 more Atk for AoE spamming. I'm open to other builds as well if it doesn't cost 20K feather to promote a unit to 5* for SI.

Edited by Flying Shogi

8 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

What's a decent budget set for a +Atk Ares? I have enough copies to +10 him and I've already given him Blazing Wind, Vantage, and Savage Blow. I know Vantage is more for a DC build so I'm open to suggestions since I don't plan on giving him DC. Debating if I should give him L & D or Fury as the A skill. Fury will work with Vantage but L & D gives 2 more Atk for AoE spamming. 

You could give him both an AoE build with LaD and a Vantage build with Fury+Bonfire, they're all pretty common skills and you can play around with both to see what works.

+Atk, +10/+0 Ares with his prf has 59 Atk and 37 Def. Fury makes that 62/40, LaD makes it 64/32. Bonfire adds 20 damage with Fury and 16 damage with LaD, Draconic Aura adds 18 damage with Fury and 19 with LaD. Accounting for the 2 extra Atk, LaD + Draconic Aura does hit for 1 point harder than Fury + Bonfire for a Vantage build, but it also makes getting Vantage online harder. And Bonfire scales better with dragonflowers and other stat boosts.

Edited by Othin

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

I'll probably merge all those Ingrids instead of using her as fodder. Is it better to go +Atk or +Spd? She's already fast enough, so I was thinking of +Atk. What do other people think?

I lean towards +Spd. Spd creep is a thing, and +Spd is better for future proofing. A lot of units are hitting 40+ base Spd right now, and I expect hitting 45+ base Spd to be the norm within a year or two.

I would only go +Atk if you are sure that you are giving her a Brave Weapon.

51 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

What's a decent budget set for a +Atk Ares? I have enough copies to +10 him and I've already given him Blazing Wind, Vantage, and Savage Blow. I know Vantage is more for a DC build so I'm open to suggestions since I don't plan on giving him DC. Debating if I should give him L & D or Fury as the A skill. Fury will work with Vantage but L & D gives 2 more Atk for AoE spamming. I'm open to other builds as well if it doesn't cost 20K feather to promote a unit to 5* for SI.

You can give him both Life and Death and Fury. It is nice to be able to switch builds around.

Since Ares got Special Spiral on his Weapon, he can do Desperation-Brash Assault for his Blazing build to hit up to "three" times unlike other Blazing nukes that just hits "twice".

Blazing Nuke:

Dark Mystletainn

Reposition

Blazing Wind -- Blazing Light

Life and Death

Desperation

Savage Blow -- Def Smoke

Brash Assault

If you are going with Bonfire spam though, I recommend sticking with his default Brazen Atk/Def as his default A skill. He should still have Fury in my opinion in case you need him to reach HP thresholds quicker.

Edited by XRay

3 hours ago, Othin said:

You could give him both an AoE build with LaD and a Vantage build with Fury+Bonfire, they're all pretty common skills and you can play around with both to see what works.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

You can give him both Life and Death and Fury. It is nice to be able to switch builds around.

Thank you both for the inputs. I will try both out and switch the build depending on the need.

After having no luck on her original banner, I finally pulled not one but two OM! Ingrid, a neutral copy that I merged onto a +Def copy. But I was thinking for her build that I have an extra Ninja Laevatein around, is it useful/wasteful to give her Distant Ward and Atk/Def Rein to Ingrid? What I had in mind for use in a Aether Defense flyer team, supported luckily by Flayn:

Starpoint Lance

Reposition

Luna or Noontime

Distant Ward

Guard Bearing 3

Atk/Def Rein 3

SS: Kestrel Stance 2 (or maybe Def/Res Bond 3)

I was also thinking about foddering off F!Kris instead to give Ingrid Fury 4, but I wasn't sure if that was considered more useful than Distant Ward. 

31 minutes ago, uhmuzing said:

After having no luck on her original banner, I finally pulled not one but two OM! Ingrid, a neutral copy that I merged onto a +Def copy. But I was thinking for her build that I have an extra Ninja Laevatein around, is it useful/wasteful to give her Distant Ward and Atk/Def Rein to Ingrid? What I had in mind for use in a Aether Defense flyer team, supported luckily by Flayn:

Starpoint Lance

Reposition

Luna or Noontime

Distant Ward

Guard Bearing 3

Atk/Def Rein 3

I was also thinking about foddering off F!Kris instead to give Ingrid Fury 4, but I wasn't sure if that was considered more useful than Distant Ward. 

I think most AR-D flier teams want to load up on skills like Flier Formation or Flier Guidance, and focus more on attacking than defending.

F!Kris can pass down both Fury 4 and all three levels of Spurn in a single round of SI, but only to an infantry unit, so using a copy of her on a flier seems wasteful. And as always, I recommend keeping at least one copy of every unit you've pulled.

7 hours ago, uhmuzing said:

After having no luck on her original banner, I finally pulled not one but two OM! Ingrid, a neutral copy that I merged onto a +Def copy.

I think merging into the Normalized Trait copy would be better in my opinion. OM!Ingrid Normalized gain an extra additional point in HP, Spd and Res in addition to the normal merging stat boosts. +Def is not as valuable as +Spd for Spd tanks like her.

But I was thinking for her build that I have an extra Ninja Laevatein around, is it useful/wasteful to give her Distant Ward and Atk/Def Rein to Ingrid?

I would not give her Distant Ward and Atk/Def Rein.

Distant Counter and Close Counter a far better A skill than Wards/Foils. Wards and Foils are pretty bad in my opinion since they do not let the unit counter attack against a significant portion of enemies. Those skills are somewhat manageable if the unit is under player control, but it is pretty terrible for the AI.

Similarly, I would not give her Atk/Def Rein. If you want to use her as a tank, she wants Atk/Spd Rein.

What I had in mind for use in a Aether Defense flyer team, supported luckily by Flayn:

Starpoint Lance

Reposition

Luna or Noontime

Distant Ward

Guard Bearing 3

Atk/Def Rein 3

OM!Ingrid herself is not a very good front line tank since she has nothing that stops a nuke from overwhelming her. She does not have Miracle on her Weapon (e.g.: Hel, Seliph), prevent natural/guaranteed doubles (Myrrh, F!Byleth, M!Byleth), or damage reduction (BH!Ike, SK!Dimitri).

If you still want to use OM!Byleth as a front line tank, I would make the following changes:
Starpoint Lance — Guard Lance
(No Assist)
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Distant Counter — Steady Posture
Guard Bearing — Flier Formation
Atk/Spd Rein — Ward Fliers
Iote's Shield — Deflect Missile (with Guard Bearing)

I would not use Luna or Noontime. Luna's cooldown is too high. Noontime is not worth it in my opinion since OM!Ingrid does not have access to the skills (i.e.: Spurn) to make healing worth it, and it does not help that the AI has little to no concept of self preservation. If you want to use healing on your defense team, I recommend sticking with dedicated healers like staff units or use Healing Tower (D).

As a flying front line tank, Ingrid will need Iote's Shield or Deflect Missile on the Sacred Seal slot, or else the team is going to fall apart against archers, and archers are pretty common on offense.

I do not recommend Fury. Fury is pretty counterproductive to a flying defense team. A flying team can rely on Flier Formation and Flier Guidance, so Wings of Mercy is not necessary.

As @Othin has said, I also would not waste Spurn like that.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I think merging into the Normalized Trait copy would be better in my opinion. OM!Ingrid Normalized gain an extra additional point in HP, Spd and Res in addition to the normal merging stat boosts. +Def is not as valuable as +Spd for Spd tanks like her.

Well crap... I *almost* went with normal. 

And cool, all that makes sense. I'll have to re-evaluate how to build her. It seems like my instincts for this game work against me a lot; my AR defense set-ups seem to have actually had worse success the more thought I've put into them ironically.

@Othin @XRay thank you both. 

2 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I pulled duo Palla +HP/-Atk what skills are worth going for as SI?

I would keep her, even with -Atk. She is extremely powerful as a player phase unit and does really well in cramped maps. You can just merge later to fix the Flaw.

As for foddering, she does not really have much of value unless you are playing Aether Raids. Mirror Impact is mostly for Iceberg and Glacies bombs on defense. If you are not doing Aether Raids, regular Death Blow is better than Mirror Impact for PvE content, since the extra bulk is not getting in the way of reaching HP thresholds. Chill Atk/Spd is decent on support units in Aether Raids to help super tank teams, but I am not sure if they are that great elsewhere.

Reposition and Goad Fliers can be obtained from cheaper units.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I would keep her, even with -Atk. She is extremely powerful as a player phase unit and does really well in cramped maps. You can just merge later to fix the Flaw.

As for foddering, she does not really have much of value unless you are playing Aether Raids. Mirror Impact is mostly for Iceberg and Glacies bombs on defense. If you are not doing Aether Raids, regular Death Blow is better than Mirror Impact for PvE content, since the extra bulk is not getting in the way of reaching HP thresholds. Chill Atk/Spd is decent on support units in Aether Raids to help super tank teams, but I am not sure if they are that great elsewhere.

Reposition and Goad Fliers can be obtained from cheaper units.

She's not going to see use or get merges to fix the flaw, nor will I waste trait fruits on her.  So she's not even worth foddering then.  I have better more built up units invested into as well.

7 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

She's not going to see use or get merges to fix the flaw, nor will I waste trait fruits on her.  So she's not even worth foddering then.  I have better more built up units invested into as well.

She can at least be useful for Limited Hero Battles or Resonant Battles, it's more use than you'd get from sacrificing her. And she doesn't need any investment to be good there. 

7 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

TSOIA!Palla is not the most broken unit in the game, but she is still top tier and extremely powerful. She is not a unit that you can easily replicate by "building up" another unit. While you can get similar combat performance using Cordelia, TSOIA!Palla will still outperform her. Beast fliers have more consistent mobility, but they lack TSOIA!Palla's damage output.

I would at least set her aside for Limited Hero Battles and Resonant Battles. There is no reason to limit yourself to a narrow barracks if the units you are investing into cannot help you tackle more challenging content.

I had a couple more questions, the first regarding the new Ninja brave weapons. I'd read differing opinions about which kinds of units they are best for -- decently bulky units with salvageable speed or glass cannons? I had considered Greil as a potential candidate for Hana's axe, since he maybe fits the former category and lacks a good Prf weapon. I had considered Hilda or Annette as the glass cannon type, but their Prf weapons seem like they would be better in most situations. 

My other question is how to build Phina (+Atk -Res) for a Defense team. I mostly hear about her potential as DC+Vantage maybe with Special Spiral, but I was wondering if it was reasonable to sacrifice her opportunities against mages in favor of maximizing her Atk/Spd. Something like:

Rapier

Dance

Glimmer / Moonbow

Atk/Spd Push 4 (or I would've considered Brazen Atk/Spd 4 but I don't have it)

Lull Spd/Def 3

Def Smoke 3?

Brazen Atk/Spd 3 

Edited by uhmuzing