"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, uhmuzing said:

I had a couple more questions, the first regarding the new Ninja brave weapons. I'd read differing opinions about which kinds of units they are best for -- decently bulky units with salvageable speed or glass cannons? I had considered Greil as a potential candidate for Hana's axe, since he maybe fits the former category and lacks a good Prf weapon. I had considered Hilda or Annette as the glass cannon type, but their Prf weapons seem like they would be better in most situations. 

My other question is how to build Phina (+Atk -Res) for a Defense team. I mostly hear about her potential as DC+Vantage maybe with Special Spiral, but I was wondering if it was reasonable to sacrifice her opportunities against mages in favor of maximizing her Atk/Spd. Something like:

Rapier

Dance

Glimmer / Moonbow

Atk/Spd Push 4 (or I would've considered Brazen Atk/Spd 4 but I don't have it)

Lull Spd/Def 3

Def Smoke 3?

Brazen Atk/Spd 3 

I don't think you want Brazen skills on a defense team. And a dancer wants Wings of Mercy more than stats.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, uhmuzing said:

I had a couple more questions, the first regarding the new Ninja brave weapons. I'd read differing opinions about which kinds of units they are best for -- decently bulky units with salvageable speed or glass cannons? I had considered Greil as a potential candidate for Hana's axe, since he maybe fits the former category and lacks a good Prf weapon. I had considered Hilda or Annette as the glass cannon type, but their Prf weapons seem like they would be better in most situations. 

My other question is how to build Phina (+Atk -Res) for a Defense team. I mostly hear about her potential as DC+Vantage maybe with Special Spiral, but I was wondering if it was reasonable to sacrifice her opportunities against mages in favor of maximizing her Atk/Spd. Something like:

Rapier

Dance

Glimmer / Moonbow

Lull Spd/Def 3

Def Smoke 3?

Brazen Atk/Spd 3 

You'll probably see detailed builds and combat numbers from Xray, but generally speaking Melee Armors don't do all that amazing with Player Phase builds. The Armor Edelgards can do well with such builds, but LegEdelgard only because she gets 2 Galeforces in a single turn along with potential permanent Move+1 status, and Bravelgard because her Prf gives her Move+1 and Guidance status. Even then, Greil does NOT have salvagable Spd at only 18 base, and you would be better off giving him a normal Brave Axe+ and Bold Fighter.

Annette I feel wants her Prf axe when possible both because of the adeptive damage it provides and support role, while Hilda I'm not entirely sure since she does have a good amount of power with Freikugel and also has a level of supportive ability...

As for Phina, you aren't just sacrificing opportunities against mages by dropping DC, but also Bows, Daggers, and some staves who don't carry Dazzling Staff. The power of most Special triggers is also not worth passing over for maximum Spd investment, which doesn't actually impact damage and in some cases won't even help survivability enough without an Evasion skill. Lastly, a Othin said, most Dancers will want Wings of Mercy over any other B passive, though maybe Escape Route could work in Phinas case since she does have the Rapier to work with.
Vantage carriers lose way more matchups than you think simply by dropping Distant/Close Counter. Even switching from a Foil or Ward skill can boost matchups, and if you ask me you don't really do Phina any favors by not taking DC.

Edited by Xenomata

I have enough Trait Fruit for two units. I know I want to use it on Grail units because I can eventually summon what I want for everyone else. I'm not quite sure what to do, though. My options are Heath, Brunnya, Galle, and the Black Knight, but I'm not sure which IV Asset would be best for any of them. Any advice?

8 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I have enough Trait Fruit for two units. I know I want to use it on Grail units because I can eventually summon what I want for everyone else. I'm not quite sure what to do, though. My options are Heath, Brunnya, Galle, and the Black Knight, but I'm not sure which IV Asset would be best for any of them. Any advice?

I'd recommend starting with BK and Brunnya, since they have powerful prfs while Heath and Galle don't stand out much compared to other lance fliers.

Which asset is best could depend on how you're using them, but I feel like they'd both be plenty happy with +Atk on any set. It seems like the most general-purpose pick to me.

@Fire Emblem Fan Not to dissuade you, but I think it's alright to consider using Trait Fruits on units you know you won't ever summon again, mostly units in limited time banners. There's a number of reasons why you might not want to summon off a limited time banner even if it has a unit you want to summon for, such as overall poor odds to get the unit you want, and you may consider it smarter to just save your orbs. Trait Fruits are slow but guaranteed to give you a satisfied result, Orbs... you could spend thousands of orbs, get a 5* +10 unit, and still never get the desired Asset. I speak from experience.

The first unit I used fruit on was Harmonic Tiki (she used to be +HP -Atk, now she is +Atk -HP) simply because I knew I was probably not going to summon her again and I knew I would use her a lot more often than most of my grail units, even among the ones I +10ed.

As for who to give the trait fruits to, Black Knight would appreciate a +Atk asset for general needs. If you can speed stack him for a Special Fighter build, then +Spd would help in that matter as well. Brunnya might be able to make use of a +Res asset to improve her defensive ability. She could theoretically also pack +Def, but I don't know if her Def is worth building up on. +Atk is a good all-around asset. And as Othin said, Heath and Galle aren't notable units and could be easily replicated via Altena.

Edited by Xenomata

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

@Fire Emblem Fan Not to dissuade you, but I think it's alright to consider using Trait Fruits on units you know you won't ever summon again, mostly units in limited time banners. There's a number of reasons why you might not want to summon off a limited time banner even if it has a unit you want to summon for, such as overall poor odds to get the unit you want, and you may consider it smarter to just save your orbs. Trait Fruits are slow but guaranteed to give you a satisfied result, Orbs... you could spend thousands of orbs, get a 5* +10 unit, and still never get the desired Asset. I speak from experience.

The first unit I used fruit on was Harmonic Tiki (she used to be +HP -Atk, now she is +Atk -HP) simply because I knew I was probably not going to summon her again and I knew I would use her a lot more often than most of my grail units, even among the ones I +10ed.

As for who to give the trait fruits to, Black Knight would appreciate a +Atk asset for general needs. If you can speed stack him for a Special Fighter build, then +Spd would help in that matter as well. Brunnya might be able to make use of a +Res asset to improve her defensive ability. She could theoretically also pack +Def, but I don't know if her Def is worth building up on. +Atk is a good all-around asset. And as Othin said, Heath and Galle aren't notable units and could be easily replicated via Altena.

Yeah, that too. I can see the logic in prioritizing grail units over summonable ones, but in the long run, +10 grail projects are slower than fruit projects so you should end up with extra fruits available for other units.

Personally, I used my first 200 fruits on summonable units (Fallen Lyon and Bride Fjorm) because I knew the benefit I'd get from making them stronger in AR was bigger than what I'd get from any of my grail units.

32 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

In my case, I have Heath and BK at +10 already and have used them heavily in various modes. Brunnya is at +8 and in the works primarily for AR, and Galle is as merged as he can be right now.

My rule of thumb is that the higher stat a unit has, the more they want an asset in that stat. Heath and Brunya (and BK to an extent) have fairly balanced stats, so IMO they do well with a neutral nature. If you intend to +10 Galle, +Atk for a Brave build and +Def for an EP build. 

Edited by Baldrick

57 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

How much would pre timeskip Edelgard want pulse smoke, I've seen people suggest it as a go to skill for her.  I'm debating making my +4 Edelgard +5 with a forma.

If you're planning on using her as a DC tank, it could be useful. I don't think she's especially strong, but if you can pick it up through the Hall of Forms, it's probably the best rare C skill she can get that way.

39 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

In my case, I have Heath and BK at +10 already and have used them heavily in various modes. Brunnya is at +8 and in the works primarily for AR, and Galle is as merged as he can be right now.

I think that's more reason to hold off on Galle at least until he gets added to the grail shop.

8 hours ago, uhmuzing said:

In the Moment Weapons are better than regular Brave Weapons on every player phase unit. Player phase units do not care about bulk, and even the bulkiest player phase units want bulk that is as shitty as possible to make getting into Desperation and/or Wings of Mercy range easier. Generally speaking, in my opinion, high bulk is detrimental to player phase units.

Normal Brave Weapons are better on most dual phase units since they want to keep their bulk as high as possible. Fast infantry dual phase units have access to Spurn, so In the Moment Weapons massive Spd increase over regular Brave Weapons seems to be enough to offset the loss in bulk. In all three cases that I have tested, Ninja Masakari has resulted in less deaths and more kills for its user compared to Brave Axe.

You can use calculator here. Challenger List: Against Hard List. Enemy initiates. Both sides +10 with 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs. Challengers have 6/6/0/0 Spur buffs to reflect Atk/Spd Solo on the Sacred Seal slot once it gets released.

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Hana (IM) (5*+10 +spd -hp)  
Weapon: Ninja Masakari+  
Special: Ruptured Sky  
A: Atk Spd Solo 4  
B: Spurn 3  

Weapon: Brave Axe+  

Hilda (5*+10 +spd -hp)  
A: Atk Def Solo 4  

Hilda (5*+10 +spd -hp)  

Annette (5*+10 +spd -hp)  

Annette (5*+10 +spd -hp)  

Challenger — Kills:Deaths:Inconclusives
ITM!Hana Ninja Masakari — 114:71:190
ITM!Hana Brave Axe — 92:75:208
Hilda Ninja Masakari — 111:86:178
Hilda Brave Axe — 96:95:184
Annette Ninja Masakari — 124:87:164
Annette Brave Axe — 94:105:176

In conclusion, whether to use Ninja Masakari or Brave Axe depends more on how you want to use a unit and less on a unit's stat spread. For me personally, if Ninja Masakari was not restricted to being from a Grail unit, I would not hesitate to give FE!Edelgard that axe. While FE!Edelgard has no issue being a dual phase unit, I rarely use her that way, so the drop in bulk does not matter if I use her strictly as a player phase unit. 

If you are going to use GD!Greil strictly as a player phase unit, then go with Masakari. If you are using Greil more as a dual phase unit, then Brave Axe.

For ITM!Hana, for both player phase and dual phase, she should stick with Ninja Masakari.

For Hilda, she should go with Ninja Masakari if you are looking for raw damage output. If you are using her as a support unit, then go with her default Freikugel. Similarly for Annette, Ninja Masakari is better for damage output, while Crusher is better for support. However for both, I would still give them Ninja Masakari or Brave Axe since their Weapons are not that amazing as support.

With all that being said, unless they are your favorite husbandos or waifus, I do not think it is worth it to give them Ninja Masakari since Grails are a pretty expensive resource, and I think a regular Brave Axe should be more than enough in most cases.

8 hours ago, uhmuzing said:

Rapier

Dance

Glimmer / Moonbow

Lull Spd/Def 3

Def Smoke 3?

Brazen Atk/Spd 3 

Phina's potential as a Counter-Vantage unit is for offense, not defense. On defense, you generally do not want your Dancers/Singers to engage in combat, since their combat potential is generally abysmal and they would just be feeding HP to super tanks on offense teams. Additionally, Counter-Vantage units on defense should NOT use anything but Distant Counter or Close Counter on their A slot. Without Distant Counter or Close Counter, a unit with just Vantage can be easily killed and taken out by a nuke that fights at a different range than the Vantage unit. In my opinion, A slot Wards and Foils are not good enough for Counter-Vantage units because the offense team can still easily bypass it by using a nuke that targets a different bulk.

On defense infantry Dancers/Singers should always run Wings of Mercy in my opinion. Fliers have the additional option of Acrobatics or Flier Formation depending on team composition, but they should generally go with Wings of Mercy as well.

For most Dancers/Singers, they should run the following:
+HP (avoiding BB!Fjorm) — +Spd (general purpose; soak Chills) — +Def (avoiding Mila)
(Any Weapon) — (No Weapon)
Dance — Sing
Moonbow
HP+5 — HP/Def — Fort. Def/Res — Life and Death
Wings of Mercy
(Any C)
HP+5 — HP/Def — Fortress Def — Atk/Spd
You either try to stack HP and/or Def to counter BB!Fjorm and/or Mila respectively, or you can try to stack Atk/Spd to draw Chills away from her allies. The Dancer/Singer does not always want or need a Weapon, so if your Dancer/Singer does not have an exclusive Weapon or does not have a Weapon with Hardy Bearing built in, it is probably best to take it off so they avoid feeding the super tank free HP.

6 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

For Heath and Brunnya, if you are going regular player phase or dual phase, I would do +Spd.

For Black Knight, if he is doing dual phase, he should also run +Spd. For pure player phase, +Atk is better if you are running Bold Fighter, and +Spd is better if you are running Daring Fighter. If you are doing player phase, I think Bold Fighter is generally better in my opinion.

For Heath, if you are doing any kind of Brave player phase, you want +Atk.

Galle should go +Atk for slow Brave, or +Def/Res for enemy phase. +Atk can work for enemy phase too if Galle is not tanking anything crazy, but I generally prefer +Def/Res on my enemy phase units unless their Atk is really low (Sheena, Gwendolin, etc.) or they are so bulky that they do not need +Def/Res (Seliph, Hel, etc. got "infinite" bulk via Miracle; FE!Edelgard, FF!Idunn, etc. got Wary Fighter).

If you are building Brunnya for Aether Raids as a super tank, her Asset depends on her support, but I lean towards either +Spd or +Def.

As for who you should use your Trait Fruits on, I would choose whoever you use the most.

5 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

How much would pre timeskip Edelgard want pulse smoke, I've seen people suggest it as a go to skill for her.  I'm debating making my +4 Edelgard +5 with a forma.

Pulse Smoke is more of an enemy phase skill. If you are using Edelgard strictly as an enemy phase unit, Pulse Smoke is preferable. If you are using her as a dual phase unit, she should run Atk Smoke in my opinion if you want something cheap. Pulse Smoke does not really help her player phase that much since she should kill anything within two hits, and enemies rarely have their Specials fully charged on their first counter attack. Atk Smoke in contrast is guaranteed to always help her player phase since she is going to eat a counter attack unless she runs Desperation, but if she runs Desperation, she probably is being used more as a player phase unit than a dual phase unit.

If you want to get a C skill from Hall of Forms, then I recommend aiming for Rouse Atk/Res if you are going dual phase, although Pulse Smoke is not bad either if you cannot get Rouse Atk/Res. Rouse Atk/Res is pretty similar Atk Smoke in most cases, with the main difference being that Rouse Atk/Res increases damage output while Atk Smoke increases physical bulk.

Rouse Atk/Res:
1. Helps win Atk check
2. Increases magic bulk
3. Increases damage output
Atk Smoke:
1. Helps win Atk check
2. Increases magic bulk
3. Increases physical bulk

I use Edelgard as a dual phase Galeforcer with the build detailed below. Dual phase Galeforcers generally do not have to worry about avoiding killing enemies in one shot since they can rely on enemy phase to help charge Galeforce. Under this scenario, I prefer Rouse Atk/Res over Atk Smoke since Edelgard's physical bulk is more than sufficient in most cases as she should not be tanking extremely tough nukes, but her magic bulk could definitely use some patching up.

+Res +1+0
Victorious Axe
Reposition
Galeforce
Atk/Res Solo
Lull Atk/Def
Rouse Atk/Res
Heavy Blade — Atk/Def Solo
I plan to change +Res to +Atk whenever +Atk shows up. Between Heavy Blade and Atk/Def Solo on the Sacred Seal slot, it depends on the map. On maps where she is doing a lot of fighting on enemy phase, I use Atk/Def Solo since she does not need Heavy Blade to quickly charge Galeforce. On maps where I need her to trigger Galeforce consistently, I use Heavy Blade. Although she is built as a dual phase unit, I still use her on player phase most of the time and I avoid leaving her in enemy range out of habit, so I generally use Heavy Blade.

Edited by XRay

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

For Heath, Brunnya, and Black Knight, if you are going regular player phase or dual phase, I would do +Spd.

Galle should go +Atk for slow Brave, or +Def/Res for enemy phase. +Atk can work for enemy phase too if Galle is not tanking anything crazy, but I generally prefer +Def/Res on my enemy phase units unless their Atk is really low (Sheena, Gwendolin, etc.) or they are so bulky that they do not need +Def/Res (Seliph, Hel, etc. got "infinite" bulk via Miracle; FE!Edelgard, FF!Idunn, etc. got Wary Fighter).

If you are building Brunnya for Aether Raids as a super tank, her Asset depends on her support, but I lean towards either +Spd or +Def.

As for who you should use your Trait Fruits on, I would choose whoever you use the most.

I use Heath and BK more for dual phase, with a slight defensive lean for the occasion where I have no other tank. The other units I'm making using for a team with Brunnya are Brave Ike, Seliph, and a cavalry healer, primarily.

4 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I use Heath and BK more for dual phase, with a slight defensive lean for the occasion where I have no other tank. The other units I'm making using for a team with Brunnya are Brave Ike, Seliph, and a cavalry healer, primarily.

I just realized I made a mistake recommendation for Black Knight. For player phase, if you are running Bold Fighter, he should go with +Atk, not +Spd. If he is running Daring Fighter, I guess +Spd would be good in that scenario, but I think Bold Fighter is generally better for player phase overall. Just something to think about in case you do plan go strictly player phase with him.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

In the Moment Weapons are better than regular Brave Weapons on every player phase unit. Player phase units do not care about bulk, and even the bulkiest player phase units want bulk that is as shitty as possible to make getting into Desperation and/or Wings of Mercy range easier. Generally speaking, in my opinion, high bulk is detrimental to player phase units.

Normal Brave Weapons are better on most dual phase units since they want to keep their bulk as high as possible. Fast infantry dual phase units have access to Spurn, so In the Moment Weapons massive Spd increase over regular Brave Weapons seems to be enough to offset the loss in bulk. In all three cases that I have tested, Ninja Masakari has resulted in less deaths and more kills for its user compared to Brave Axe.

You can use calculator here. Challenger List: Against Hard List. Enemy initiates. Both sides +10 with 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs. Challengers have 6/6/0/0 Spur buffs to reflect Atk/Spd Solo on the Sacred Seal slot once it gets released.

Reveal hidden contents

CHALLENGER LIST  

Hilda (5*+10 +spd -hp)  
A: Atk Def Solo 4  

Hilda (5*+10 +spd -hp)  

Annette (5*+10 +spd -hp)  

Annette (5*+10 +spd -hp)  

Challenger — Kills:Deaths:Inconclusives
ITM!Hana Ninja Masakari — 114:71:190
ITM!Hana Brave Axe — 92:75:208
Hilda Ninja Masakari — 111:86:178
Hilda Brave Axe — 96:95:184
Annette Ninja Masakari — 124:87:164
Annette Brave Axe — 94:105:176

In conclusion, whether to use Ninja Masakari or Brave Axe depends more on how you want to use a unit and less on a unit's stat spread. For me personally, if Ninja Masakari was not restricted to being from a Grail unit, I would not hesitate to give FE!Edelgard that axe. While FE!Edelgard has no issue being a dual phase unit, I rarely use her that way, so the drop in bulk does not matter if I use her strictly as a player phase unit. 

If you are going to use GD!Greil strictly as a player phase unit, then go with Masakari. If you are using Greil more as a dual phase unit, then Brave Axe.

For ITM!Hana, for both player phase and dual phase, she should stick with Ninja Masakari.

For Hilda, she should go with Ninja Masakari if you are looking for raw damage output. If you are using her as a support unit, then go with her default Freikugel. Similarly for Annette, Ninja Masakari is better for damage output, while Crusher is better for support. However for both, I would still give them Ninja Masakari or Brave Axe since their Weapons are not that amazing as support.

With all that being said, unless they are your favorite husbandos or waifus, I do not think it is worth it to give them Ninja Masakari since Grails are a pretty expensive resource, and I think a regular Brave Axe should be more than enough in most cases.

Phina's potential as a Counter-Vantage unit is for offense, not defense. On defense, you generally do not want your Dancers/Singers to engage in combat, since their combat potential is generally abysmal and they would just be feeding HP to super tanks on offense teams. Additionally, Counter-Vantage units on defense should NOT use anything but Distant Counter or Close Counter on their A slot. Without Distant Counter or Close Counter, a unit with just Vantage can be easily killed and taken out by a nuke that fights at a different range than the Vantage unit. In my opinion, A slot Wards and Foils are not good enough for Counter-Vantage units because the offense team can still easily bypass it by using a nuke that targets a different bulk.

On defense infantry Dancers/Singers should always run Wings of Mercy in my opinion. Fliers have the additional option of Acrobatics or Flier Formation depending on team composition, but they should generally go with Wings of Mercy as well.

For most Dancers/Singers, they should run the following:
+HP (avoiding BB!Fjorm) — +Spd (general purpose; soak Chills) — +Def (avoiding Mila)
(Any Weapon) — (No Weapon)
Dance — Sing
Moonbow
HP+5 — HP/Def — Fort. Def/Res — Life and Death
Wings of Mercy
(Any C)
HP+5 — HP/Def — Fortress Def — Atk/Spd
You either try to stack HP and/or Def to counter BB!Fjorm and/or Mila respectively, or you can try to stack Atk/Spd to draw Chills away from her allies. The Dancer/Singer does not always want or need a Weapon, so if your Dancer/Singer does not have an exclusive Weapon or does not have a Weapon with Hardy Bearing built in, it is probably best to take it off so they avoid feeding the super tank free HP.

For Heath and Brunnya, if you are going regular player phase or dual phase, I would do +Spd.

For Black Knight, if he is doing dual phase, he should also run +Spd. For pure player phase, +Atk is better if you are running Bold Fighter, and +Spd is better if you are running Daring Fighter. If you are doing player phase, I think Bold Fighter is generally better in my opinion.

Pulse Smoke is more of an enemy phase skill. If you are using Edelgard strictly as an enemy phase unit, Pulse Smoke is preferable. If you are using her as a dual phase unit, she should run Atk Smoke in my opinion if you want something cheap. Pulse Smoke does not really help her player phase that much since she should kill anything within two hits, and enemies rarely have their Specials fully charged on their first counter attack. Atk Smoke in contrast is guaranteed to always help her player phase since she is going to eat a counter attack unless she runs Desperation, but if she runs Desperation, she probably is being used more as a player phase unit than a dual phase unit.

If you want to get a C skill from Hall of Forms, then I recommend aiming for Rouse Atk/Res if you are going dual phase, although Pulse Smoke is not bad either if you cannot get Rouse Atk/Res. Rouse Atk/Res is pretty similar Atk Smoke in most cases, with the main difference being that Rouse Atk/Res increases damage output while Atk Smoke increases physical bulk.

Rouse Atk/Res:
1. Helps win Atk check
2. Increases magic bulk
3. Increases damage output
Atk Smoke:
1. Helps win Atk check
2. Increases magic bulk
3. Increases physical bulk

I use Edelgard as a dual phase Galeforcer with the build detailed below. Dual phase Galeforcers generally do not have to worry about avoiding killing enemies in one shot since they can rely on enemy phase to help charge Galeforce. Under this scenario, I prefer Rouse Atk/Res over Atk Smoke since Edelgard's physical bulk is more than sufficient in most cases as she should not be tanking extremely tough nukes, but her magic bulk could definitely use some patching up.

+Res +1+0
Victorious Axe
Reposition
Galeforce
Atk/Res Solo
Lull Atk/Def
Rouse Atk/Res
Heavy Blade — Atk/Def Solo
I plan to change +Res to +Atk whenever +Atk shows up. Between Heavy Blade and Atk/Def Solo on the Sacred Seal slot, it depends on the map. On maps where she is doing a lot of fighting on enemy phase, I use Atk/Def Solo since she does not need Heavy Blade to quickly charge Galeforce. On maps where I need her to trigger Galeforce consistently, I use Heavy Blade. Although she is built as a dual phase unit, I still use her on player phase most of the time and I avoid leaving her in enemy range out of habit, so I generally use Heavy Blade.

She's going pure enemy phase tank for team waifu as a blue check, I assume that her current DC/Lull Atk-Def3 set up will improve further with pulse smoke, assuming of course she doesn't get one shot.

6 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

She's going pure enemy phase tank for team waifu as a blue check, I assume that her current DC/Lull Atk-Def3 set up will improve further with pulse smoke, assuming of course she doesn't get one shot.

Pulse Smoke should be fine, although I am not sure about being a universal blue check as her Res is not that great.

8 minutes ago, Karuu30 said:

Today I finally got the final merge for my +10 Brunnya. Any build recommendations? I’m planning to use her mainly for AR.
Thanks!

Prf
Repo

Sol

Atk Spd Solo 3 or 4 (Depending on how your fodder works)

NFU

Pulse Smoke

Spd/Res Solo

With Summoner Support, adequate buffs, flowers and support she can easily dispatch 99% of Thrasirs as well, only stuff like +10 SS3 Darting blow seal Thrasirs can pose a problem.

Just got F:Kris off the latest banner, and i'm wondering. Since both hers and M:kris's stats are identical and they both seem to want to run the same DC setup. For me is there any point in keeping her if I already have M:Kris setup for that, at +speed and merged to +2 now. Especially considering her IVs came up pretty bad with +HP -attack. I do have the DC fodder as well from a random Nagi that showed up a few days ago so I can properly set her up.

I have a few characters lined up who would like that spurn fodder. Most notably Shannan, my +10 M:Corrin, and Leif (+5 merges)

Edited by Faellin

23 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Just got F:Kris off the latest banner, and i'm wondering. Since both hers and M:kris's stats are identical and they both seem to want to run the same DC setup. For me is there any point in keeping her if I already have M:Kris setup for that, at +speed and merged to +2 now. Especially considering her IVs came up pretty bad with +HP -attack. I do have the DC fodder as well from a random Nagi that showed up a few days ago so I can properly set her up.

I have a few characters lined up who would like that spurn fodder. Most notably Shannan, my +10 M:Corrin, and Leif (+5 merges)

Because they are a different unit, that distinction alone is enough of a difference to warrant keeping her in my opinion. Having more variety and options make tackling stuff like Limited Hero Battles and Resonant Battles easier. That said, I would not give her anything valuable until you can secure a better copy.

Mechanically speaking, in my opinion, color matters a little more for enemy phase team composition than player phase team composition, at least in Aether Raids. Dancers/Singers rarely need to pick up the slack in combat and they are all more or less interchangeable with each other: the only skill that matters to them are Dance/Sing, Wings of Mercy, and stat buffs, which they all have access to. Support units for enemy phase teams are a lot less interchangeable, and unless the super tank is someone like BH!Ike or SK!Dimitri, the super tank will still need some help in combat against certain enemies. For example, M!Corrin and BH!Lucina are relatively interchangeable with each other, but you cannot change them for someone else without a big drop in reliability or buffs. Flayn also is not easily replaceable by another healer as she is the only support unit in the entire game with Drive Spurn right now. Most Mythic Heroes are not interchangeable at all, as they all provide different stat boosts and have varying support capabilities.

For F!Kris, while M!Corrin and BH!Lucina are interchangeable in some cases, they are not very interchangeable in this case. Unless you have another red unit on the team to help F!Kris tackle super bulky greens, it is probably not a good idea to support F!Kris with BH!Lucina since a bulky green unit will immediately wall them off and shut them down.

Unless you are a whale, I would not slap Spurn on just anyone though. Super tanks should have priority on that skill in my opinion. Unless you are using Shannan, M!Corrin, and Leif as super tanks, I would not give them Spurn.

I maxed out Jill's HM, so I'll fodder her off. She's -Atk anyway. Though she's quite powerful despite the Atk bane, I have no plans to merge her up anyway. I might inherit Atk/Spd Push 4 as well.

Here are my fliers that target Def:

1. Valentia Catria (Summoner Supported, +10)
  2. Catria +10 (already has Atk/Spd Push 4)
  3. Caeda +10 (has SS3)
  4. Young Minerva +10 (has SS3 which is usually switched with Dragoon Shield depending on the maps)
  5. Palla +10
  6. Est +10
  7. Camilla +10 (probably not gonna give that to her)
  8. Elincia +4
  9. Tsubasa +1
  10. Young Caeda +1
  11. Ashnard +8 (has DC and QR)
  12. Shigure +10
  13. Clair +10
  14. Michalis +10 (could give him a Spd boon since I have 100 Trait Fruits now, but... seems kind of gimmicky)
  15. Ingrid +4
  16. Seteth +4
  17. Altina +2
  18. Young Palla
  19. Valter +3
  20. Minerva +2
  21. Cherche +10
  22. Altena +2
  23. Eir
  24. Brave Claude +2
  25. Bow Hinoka +1
  26. Summer Lyn

Whew, that's a lot! I'm deciding among one of the Whitewings, Caeda, Clair, Young Minerva, or Elincia.

@GuiltyLove I wanna mention first that unless you really don't see yourself needing Jill, it's worth it to keep her around as she is a powerful Axe Flier even with an Atk flaw (her Spd being hit would be worse), and she expands your options when looking for a PoR unit.

But if you are truly looking to fodder her off, here's my take...

• Generally Galeforce units want to get in as many hits as possible to charge GF as soon as possible, and SDRein can make that harder if their Atk is too stacked. So anyone with Galeforce, you may want to second guess for them unless they're not that strong as-is, such as Caeda and Clair. Of course, this relies on if you even gave them GF, but since you have fully merged them I imagine you might have such a skill on them.
  • The Whitewings and Elincia would become fantastic ORKO units, though I lean more toward Eli since she does not have any positioning requirements for her Brave effect.

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

@GuiltyLove I wanna mention first that unless you really don't see yourself needing Jill, it's worth it to keep her around as she is a powerful Axe Flier even with an Atk flaw (her Spd being hit would be worse), and she expands your options when looking for a PoR unit.

But if you are truly looking to fodder her off, here's my take...

• Generally Galeforce units want to get in as many hits as possible to charge GF as soon as possible, and SDRein can make that harder if their Atk is too stacked. So anyone with Galeforce, you may want to second guess for them unless they're not that strong as-is, such as Caeda and Clair. Of course, this relies on if you even gave them GF, but since you have fully merged them I imagine you might have such a skill on them.
  • The Whitewings and Elincia would become fantastic ORKO units, though I lean more toward Eli since she does not have any positioning requirements for her Brave effect.

That's a good point. I don't know if I will fodder her yet, but I do want a Rein skill on one of my favorite units... We'll see later!

Caeda and Clair both have Galeforce, like you imagined. I'll probably give the Rein skill to Catria or Elincia, then.

8 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I maxed out Jill's HM, so I'll fodder her off. She's -Atk anyway. Though she's quite powerful despite the Atk bane, I have no plans to merge her up anyway. I might inherit Atk/Spd Push 4 as well.

Here are my fliers that target Def:

1. Valentia Catria (Summoner Supported, +10)
  2. Catria +10 (already has Atk/Spd Push 4)
  3. Caeda +10 (has SS3)
  4. Young Minerva +10 (has SS3 which is usually switched with Dragoon Shield depending on the maps)
  5. Palla +10
  6. Est +10
  7. Camilla +10 (probably not gonna give that to her)
  8. Elincia +4
  9. Tsubasa +1
  10. Young Caeda +1
  11. Ashnard +8 (has DC and QR)
  12. Shigure +10
  13. Clair +10
  14. Michalis +10 (could give him a Spd boon since I have 100 Trait Fruits now, but... seems kind of gimmicky)
  15. Ingrid +4
  16. Seteth +4
  17. Altina +2
  18. Young Palla
  19. Valter +3
  20. Minerva +2
  21. Cherche +10
  22. Altena +2
  23. Eir
  24. Brave Claude +2
  25. Bow Hinoka +1
  26. Summer Lyn

Whew, that's a lot! I'm deciding among one of the Whitewings, Caeda, Clair, Young Minerva, or Elincia.

I still recommend keeping her for stuff like Limited Hero Battles and Resonant Battles. If you are still going to fodder her, I recommend Caeda, Clair, or any ranged physical fliers.

Caeda and Clair got Flashing Blade, so they do not need to rely on Heavy Blade for Galeforce. They also got pretty low Atk, so even if you increase it, I do not think they are going to be doing much one shots unless they are facing against stuff like Elise, who they will one shot anyways with or without Spd/Def Rein. With Brazen Atk/Spd 7, Spd/Def Rein, and 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs, Resplendent Caeda +Atk +10+0 barely reaches 77 Atk. Cordelia with Slaying Lance but otherwise same set up on the other hand reaches 85 Atk. You can always downgrade Caeda's Atk by using double Darting Blow, and that would instantly cause her Atk to plummet to 61. A Caeda with normal high investment for Galeforce will probably be using Fury 4 and Swift Sparrow so they do not have to set up HP, and that will reduce her Atk to be under 70.

Ranged fliers do not have access to Galeforce, so do not face the same dilemma as most melee fliers do.

For melee fliers, they can either go the raw damage nuke route or Galeforce route. In my opinion, melee units are better off focusing on Galeforce and leave raw damage nuking to ranged fliers, but it is ultimately up to player's own preference. If you want a melee flier to focus on raw damage, they should run Spd/Def Rein. If you want them to do Galeforce, then wait for Atk/Spd Rein instead. If a particular flier is your favorite and/or if you use them a lot, you might as well give them both so you can swap out their kit as necessary.

However, there is one exception where Galeforcers do not have worry about having too much Atk, and that exception is when Galeforce is in a situation where it is practically guaranteed to trigger. In Abyssal maps, if you are running a Galeforcer with three Dancers/Singers, there is really no point in running holding back Atk nor using Heavy Blade in my opinion since the Galeforcer is bound to trigger Galeforce eventually during every turn due to the amount of enemies the Galeforcer is going to kill per turn; it does not matter whether Galeforce triggers after the first, second, or third enemy as long as it triggers. Similarly in Røkkr Sieges, the Røkkr is never going to die during combat, you can rely on using its counter attack to help charge Galeforce, and you want to reach 200,000 damage as quickly as possible, so Spd/Def Rein is highly preferable in this case too.