"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

All right, here's a question to y'all - I want to bling out Petrine as one of my top two max invest units, but with her jack-of-all-trades-if-offense-leaning stat spread, I'm a little confused about what roles she'd be good in.  (this may be also my anti-cavalry bias kicking in, so any advice on how to use cavalry in a specific meta or AR-O sense would be appreciated.)

I can sort of see a Galeforce hit and run where she's a hard counter to (and doubles) vulnerable reds especially with flame lance shenanigans, galeforce kicks in with heavy blade, and she sprints outta there. Half tempted to stick disarm trap on her for the lulz (or is that infantry locked? it probably is.) so she actually has utility in screwing up defenses. 

edit: god dangit it is indeed dagger-locked. She doesn't really strike me as a good bait unit either, tbh.

Edited by kradeelav

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, kradeelav said:

All right, here's a question to y'all - I want to bling out Petrine as one of my top two max invest units, but with her jack-of-all-trades-if-offense-leaning stat spread, I'm a little confused about what roles she'd be good in.  (this may be also my anti-cavalry bias kicking in, so any advice on how to use cavalry in a specific meta or AR-O sense would be appreciated.)

I can sort of see a Galeforce hit and run where she's a hard counter to (and doubles) vulnerable reds especially with flame lance shenanigans, galeforce kicks in with heavy blade, and she sprints outta there. Half tempted to stick disarm trap on her for the lulz (or is that infantry locked? it probably is.) so she actually has utility in screwing up defenses. 

Disarm trap is dagger locked. 

A great B skill would be Lull Spd Res. Other than that, Tier 4 pushes or SS3 are quite good for the A. Heavy blade can work with Galeforce. She's quite flexible. You can also run fury, if you can kite around units that need a specific kind of damage. let's say you clear out two units with her with high defense, which she bypasses through flame lance. then, you are below 50% or so and her dmg switches to targeting defense. Now you can take out the other enemies with high res. 

2 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

A great B skill would be Lull Spd Res. Other than that, Tier 4 pushes or SS3 are quite good for the A. Heavy blade can work with Galeforce. She's quite flexible. You can also run fury, if you can kite around units that need a specific kind of damage. let's say you clear out two units with her with high defense, which she bypasses through flame lance. then, you are below 50% or so and her dmg switches to targeting defense. Now you can take out the other enemies with high res. 

Lull Speed/Res being nice because then she's not fighting the other physical units for the usual Atk/Spd/Def Lulls ... that figures!  And that makes sense with the rest, more like a precision nuke.  She's reminding me of my current Jill (with a similar heavy blade/lull/push/galeforce setup), just with more movement versus less attack.... huh.

Thank you~

15 hours ago, XRay said:

If you do not mind the slowpoke armor movement, his combat performance is not great, but it is passable. I do not recommend using him as a super tank in Aether Raids due to his low movement and Spd.

If you got the dough to spend to overhaul his kit, and especially give him Armor March or Armor Stride, he can have decent dual phase performance with decent mobility.

As for making minor adjustments to his basekit, you will want either Sturdy Stance (Def tank) or Mirror Stance (Def/Restank), and I would replace Ward Dragon with Atk Smoke or Ward Armor depending on team composition.

I do have a spare L:Edelgard, but sadly dragon armors can't use armor stride.

5 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Resident Grima user here to the rescue.

My Male Grima runs the following kit:

Expiration

Aether

Swap

Sturdy Stance 3 (used to run Steady Stance 4)

Vengeful Fighter

Joint Drive Atk (Atk Smoke)

Armour Boots

He stops Brave and Legendary Edelgards with the right set ups.  He's also my summoner support and has max dragonflower investment, so it boils down to what you feel is best, but he's pretty good out of the box if you don't want to spend too much.

5 hours ago, kradeelav said:

edit: god dangit it is indeed dagger-locked. She doesn't really strike me as a good bait unit either, tbh.

For pure player phase Galeforce, I would run something like the following:
+Atk/Spd
Flame Lance
Reposition
Galeforce
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation — Lull Atk/Spd
(Any C) — Atk Smoke — Spd Smoke
Heavy Blade — (Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)
Between +Atk or +Spd, it seems to be down to personal preference in my opinion. +Spd lets you double more and is less likely to overkill something, but +Atk lets you pass the Heavy Blade check easier. If you want to be able to switch damage more easily while using Desperation for sustainability, I recommend using Desperation 2 over Desperation 3; if you run Desperation 3, it would prevent you from switching your damage to physical if you are stuck between 50% and 75% HP, unless you are running Fury. Desperation 2 also gels well with Wings of Mercy. To switch back and forth between magical and physical damage, you just have to bring a healer. You can also try Heavy Blade-Quickened Pulse for Galeforcing against ranged units, but that gives up quite a bit of Spd, so I am a bit more skeptical about that set up.

Dual Phase Galeforce:
+Atk/Spd
Flame Lance
Reposition
Galeforce
Atk/Spd Solo
Lull Atk/Spd
Atk Smoke
Heavy Blade — Atk/Spd Solo (not yet released; I would just run Spd/Res Solo for now)
As a dual phase Galeforcer, while you can use +Atk, I lean a lot more towards +Spd. As a dual phase unit, enemy phase is important too, and +Spd is better at handling enemy phase. Additionally, as a dual phase unit, you can also rely on enemy phase to charge Galeforce, so there is less pressure to utilize Heavy Blade, although that also means +Atk is less of an issue too in terms of accidentally killing things in one shot. +Atk-Heavy Blade set up leans more towards player phase, while +Spd-Atk/Spd Solo set up is more balanced.

Dual Phase:
+Spd
Flame Lance
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Atk/Spd Solo
Lull Atk/Spd
Atk Smoke
Atk/Spd Solo (not yet released; I would just run Spd/Res Solo for now)
Same idea as above. +Atk and Heavy Blade are not necessary since there is no Galeforce to worry about. I think Atk Smoke is more beneficial since it means you are taking less counter attack damage when it is back to player phase. Pulse Smoke is more suitable for pure enemy phase units in my opinion since most players time their enemy phase units' Specials to trigger a stronger Special on the second hit rather than weaker Special for the immediate first hit.

+Atk/Spd
Flame Lance
Reposition
Galeforce
Atk/Spd Solo
Lull Atk/Spd
Atk Smoke
Heavy Blade — Atk/Spd Solo (not yet released; I would just run Spd/Res Solo for now)

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

Oof. Yeah, I guess dragon armor are going to be missing out.

Edited by XRay

52 minutes ago, XRay said:

For pure player phase Galeforce, I would run something like the following:
+Atk/Spd
Flame Lance
Reposition
Galeforce
Desperation — Lull Atk/Spd
(Any C) — Atk Smoke — Spd Smoke
Heavy Blade — (Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)
Between +Atk or +Spd, it seems to be down to personal preference in my opinion. +Spd lets you double more and is less likely to overkill something, but +Atk lets you pass the Heavy Blade check easier. If you want to be able to switch damage more easily while using Desperation for sustainability, I recommend using Desperation 2 over Desperation 3; if you run Desperation 3, it would prevent you from switching your damage to physical if you are stuck between 50% and 75% HP, unless you are running Fury. Desperation 2 also gels well with Wings of Mercy. To switch back and forth between magical and physical damage, you just have to bring a healer. You can also try Heavy Blade-Quickened Pulse for Galeforcing against ranged units, but that gives up quite a bit of Spd, so I am a bit more skeptical about that set up.

Dual Phase Galeforce:
+Atk/Spd
Flame Lance
Reposition
Galeforce
Atk/Spd Solo
Lull Atk/Spd
Atk Smoke
As a dual phase Galeforcer, while you can use +Atk, I lean a lot more towards +Spd. As a dual phase unit, enemy phase is important too, and +Spd is better at handling enemy phase. Additionally, as a dual phase unit, you can also rely on enemy phase to charge Galeforce, so there is less pressure to utilize Heavy Blade, although that also means +Atk is less of an issue too in terms of accidentally killing things in one shot. +Atk-Heavy Blade set up leans more towards player phase, while +Spd-Atk/Spd Solo set up is more balanced.

Dual Phase:
+Spd
Flame Lance
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Atk/Spd Solo
Lull Atk/Spd
Atk Smoke
Atk/Spd Solo (not yet released; I would just run Spd/Res Solo for now)
Same idea as above. +Atk and Heavy Blade are not necessary since there is no Galeforce to worry about. I think Atk Smoke is more beneficial since it means you are taking less counter attack damage when it is back to player phase. Pulse Smoke is more suitable for pure enemy phase units in my opinion since most players time their enemy phase units' Specials to trigger a stronger Special on the second hit rather than weaker Special for the immediate first hit.

+Atk/Spd
Flame Lance
Reposition
Galeforce
Atk/Spd Solo
Lull Atk/Spd
Atk Smoke

Oof. Yeah, I guess dragon armor are going to be missing out.

You've made that mistake at least three times now lol XD

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

You've made that mistake at least three times now lol XD

Yeah, I keep forgetting about it. Feels like they just do not want to let dragons have some of the more interesting and fun stuff.

2 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

To be fair, It’s hard to be OP when you take effective damage from two sources.

It's not that hard. And between Winter Sothis and Spring Idunn, there are good ways around one or both of those weaknesses anyway.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

It's not that hard. And between Winter Sothis and Spring Idunn, there are good ways around one or both of those weaknesses anyway.

I wouldn’t really consider those two threatening or OP in any sense of the word. When was the last time you faced one of those and got defeated?

For me, the last time I saw any of them ans them actually being memorable as an enemy was the weeks of their bonus season. That’s when they were seen frequently, because facing a day one whale invested +10 W!Sothis with bonus stats is the norm with newly released units like those. They score well and thus are seen frequently in higher AA ranges or used at tanks in AR. 

Other than that, in AA you can counterpick and armour movement is laughable, the only armour I dislike seeing is B!Hector and even he has specific units that can counter him. It just takes a damn while and some maps force earlier engages.

In AR i may have seen a W!Sothis somewhere, but if I have, it’s always been as a corner armour, and those are easy win defense maps.

I have not been attacked by W!Sothis or Duo!Idunn since their bonus season ended and even then they didn’t win consistently.

Maybe in something lije grand conquests I have had trouble with one of those armours, just parking their ass on the thrones while I have autobattle on and don’t realise they are in the way. Other than that, I cannot think of an instance where they were actually troublesome.

36 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

I wouldn’t really consider those two threatening or OP in any sense of the word. When was the last time you faced one of those and got defeated?

For me, the last time I saw any of them ans them actually being memorable as an enemy was the weeks of their bonus season. That’s when they were seen frequently, because facing a day one whale invested +10 W!Sothis with bonus stats is the norm with newly released units like those. They score well and thus are seen frequently in higher AA ranges or used at tanks in AR. 

Other than that, in AA you can counterpick and armour movement is laughable, the only armour I dislike seeing is B!Hector and even he has specific units that can counter him. It just takes a damn while and some maps force earlier engages.

In AR i may have seen a W!Sothis somewhere, but if I have, it’s always been as a corner armour, and those are easy win defense maps.

I have not been attacked by W!Sothis or Duo!Idunn since their bonus season ended and even then they didn’t win consistently.

Maybe in something lije grand conquests I have had trouble with one of those armours, just parking their ass on the thrones while I have autobattle on and don’t realise they are in the way. Other than that, I cannot think of an instance where they were actually troublesome.

I had a fair bit of trouble fighting Winter Sothis in Arena until I starting running Sky Maiougi on Winter Jaffar. Idunn has never been an issue for me, although as an enemy she can't buff herself (or her allies) with her duo skill, which is why I brought her up. It's not about their individual strength, just their ability to turn off those weaknesses for themselves or others. 

Edited by Othin

On 12/6/2020 at 8:37 PM, XRay said:

( snip)

Yooo, your dual phase galeforce build is sick (love, love the idea of not having to rely on heavy blade since admittedly that one's parked on Jill at the moment) - i am definitely building that one.   Fits in vaguely well with an AR-D idea i had.  Thanks!

With Knoll finally being added to the game, i'm 100% going to make him my next merge project. So build recomendations? I have every manual from the genealogy codes list now, so would trying to patch up his 32 speed be worth trying to do? Once he gets added to the main summon pool and I can get a +speed IV copy of him. I have SS3 and special spiral fodder lying in wait for someone to take them.

Also on a side note, got Selena from one of my summon tickets. She came up +attack -speed. Guessing its not the end of the world with that -speed? Looks like it will mostly be ignored with all of the buffs she'll end up getting simply by existing.

Edited by Faellin

2 hours ago, Othin said:

I got both +Atk and +Spd versions of the new mythic. Which is better?

My vote goes to speed. Reginn is fast, well, in a highly competitive stat field and she has a superasset in speed putting her at 44 base speed with +Spd. Speed gives her more flexibility and means more general damage; being able to double and reducing the effects of speed check damage reduction effects. +Atk is better if you want her to one-shot things more with Seidr Shell, so, turn 1 shenanigans with her, but without the ability to spam it like Ares or Eldigan since Reginn doesn't have access to Special Spiral through her sword.

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

My vote goes to speed. Reginn is fast, well, in a highly competitive stat field and she has a superasset in speed putting her at 44 base speed with +Spd. Speed gives her more flexibility and means more general damage; being able to double and reducing the effects of speed check damage reduction effects. +Atk is better if you want her to one-shot things more with Seidr Shell, so, turn 1 shenanigans with her, but without the ability to spam it like Ares or Eldigan since Reginn doesn't have access to Special Spiral through her sword.

Hmm. A superasset is compelling, but at the same time, her weapon and base skills give her an effective 56 Speed even with a neutral nature, plus she nullifies enemy bonuses and can run a seal to help further. With a Swift Sparrow seal, she can double anything with 55 Speed or less. Is it really that competitive?

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hmm. A superasset is compelling, but at the same time, her weapon and base skills give her an effective 56 Speed even with a neutral nature, plus she nullifies enemy bonuses and can run a seal to help further. With a Swift Sparrow seal, she can double anything with 55 Speed or less. Is it really that competitive?

Reginn's base neutral speed is 40. There are units with higher base neutral speed and similar speed boosting effects on their weapons, default skills, or exclusive skills if they have them. Lulls inflict X/Y-3 and neutralizes X/Y field buffs, but against units who get speed in combat elsewhere, it might not be enough. And you also have to factor in her own speed being debuffed. 36 base neutral attack isn't that high and it's also incidentally equal to Ares's base neutral attack. Seidr Shell boosts her damage by 15 which is equal to a unit with Bonfire and 30-31 defense in combat and it targets the lower of the foe's defenses, but as noted, she cannot spam it like Ares or Eldigan. There are other units with as high if not higher base neutral attack, but can hit higher attack or can guarantee a follow-up attack if their shtick isn't to one-shot things. If Reginn fails to one-shot something after turn 1 or even with Seidr Shell, then she will need to double. If she fails to double, then, yeah.

Freyja probably will get one-shotted by Reginn even without Seidr Shell, but she comes to mind since she has the highest base neutral speed at 44, the same as +Spd Reginn. Nightmare Horn grants her Spd+3, Binding Necklace grants her Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2 and inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-2 on her foe when she is not adjacent to allies effectively resulting in Spd+4 for her, and Binding Necklace also boosts her individual stats and debuffs her foe's individual stats based on each field buff her foe has. With her weapon and Binding Necklace, Freyja has 49 speed or 51 effective speed in combat when not adjacent to anyone. With her default Atk/Spd Solo 4, that becomes 56 speed or 58 effective speed in combat. Her seal is open and with the way her Binding Necklace works, might as well go for another Solo to which Spd/Res Solo 3 would push her to 62 speed or 64 effective speed in combat when she is not adjacent to anyone.

In my crazed mind, I think Freyja, +Spd Freyja, is slow. I was of the opinion that 50 base neutral speed unmerged was too slow. Now, perhaps 55 or even 60 is too slow. We are at a point where there are a lot of +40 base neutral speed units. With all the speed manipulation that can come into play and follow-up prevention that can wreck havoc on units who do not have access to Null Follow-Up, it makes it hard to not just double them, but double with them. That also means there are a lot of units with -35 base neutral speed, so Reginn, Freyja, whoever can double them. Probably. That's the issue: probably be able to double.

Still, it depends on the mode. I don't play Aether Raids competitively, but my guess is for there, yes. For PvE, depends. Legendary Dimitri and Freyja come to mind as being ridiculously fast on higher difficulties. At least with legendary Dimitri, he can't counter ranged units since they didn't replace his default Sturdy Impact with Distant Counter on infernal or higher. Probably going to get more legendary and mythic heroes with high speed and being obnoxious as they can destroy units with WTA or effective damage against them. True damage and damage reduction are wild things.

3 hours ago, Faellin said:

With Knoll finally being added to the game, i'm 100% going to make him my next merge project. So build recomendations? I have every manual from the genealogy codes list now, so would trying to patch up his 32 speed be worth trying to do? Once he gets added to the main summon pool and I can get a +speed IV copy of him. I have SS3 and special spiral fodder lying in wait for someone to take them.

Also on a side note, got Selena from one of my summon tickets. She came up +attack -speed. Guessing its not the end of the world with that -speed? Looks like it will mostly be ignored with all of the buffs she'll end up getting simply by existing.

Until he gets a Weapon Refinement, his most relevant combat builds are your typical player phase Desperation, player phase one shot, and dual phase Counter-Vantage, all of them utilizing Rauðrblade.

Player Phase Desperation:
+Spd
Rauðrblade
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer — Ruptured Sky
Desperation
(Any C)

Player Phase One Shot:
+Atk
Rauðrblade
Reposition
Death Blow — Brazen Atk/Spd
Lull Spd/Res
(Any C)
Death Blow — Brazen Atk/Spd
Death Blow requires no set up, but Brazens give more Atk.

Dual Phase Counter-Vantage:
+Atk
Rauðrblade
Reposition
Close Counter
Vantage
(Any C)
Brazen Atk/Spd

Since Brazen Atk/Spd is in the 4* pool now, I recommend using that over Swift Sparrow on the A slot. Brazen Atk/Spd 3 gives 1 more point in Atk at the cost of requiring a bit of HP set up. If you got the resources, I recommend giving him Fury, Life and Death, and Brazen Atk/Spd if you plan to use him extensively, as you will want to swap out his A skill depending on the situation.

You can also try Blazing and Special Spam, but it might not be great due to his lack of access to Slaying tomes.
Blazing/Special Spam:
+Atk
Rauðrfox [Atk]
Reposition
Blazing Wind — Blazing Light — Growing Wind — Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Life and Death (Blazing) — Brazen Atk/Spd (Special) — Death Blow (Special)
Special Spiral
(Any C)
Heavy Blade (Blazing) — Brazen Atk/Spd (Special) — Death Blow (Special)

There are also enemy phase builds if you want to take him in that direction, although it is generally more expensive.
Res Tank:
+Res
Rauðrserpent [Res]
Swap — Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Mirror Stance
Lull Atk/Res
(Any C)
Quick Riposte
He is too fast to use Iceberg in my opinion, but you can certainly give it to him if you can preview the map and take note of how fast enemies are.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

I got both +Atk and +Spd versions of the new mythic. Which is better?

Depends on what you want to do. I would go with +Spd for general purpose.

+Atk is for one shotting, as @Kaden has mentioned, and it is also useful for passing the Heavy Blade check for Galeforce. For Galeforce, both +Atk and +Spd should work and seems to be down to player preference.

42 minutes ago, Othin said:

+Spd is better for future proofing. 35 base Spd is used to be considered fast. Now, that is just okay. 40+ Spd is now the new fast Spd, and 45+ Spd should not be too far off with Freyja at 44 recently.

10 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Reginn's base neutral speed is 40. There are units with higher base neutral speed and similar speed boosting effects on their weapons, default skills, or exclusive skills if they have them. Lulls inflict X/Y-3 and neutralizes X/Y field buffs, but against units who get speed in combat elsewhere, it might not be enough. And you also have to factor in her own speed being debuffed. 36 base neutral attack isn't that high and it's also incidentally equal to Ares's base neutral attack. Seidr Shell boosts her damage by 15 which is equal to a unit with Bonfire and 30-31 defense in combat and it targets the lower of the foe's defenses, but as noted, she cannot spam it like Ares or Eldigan. There are other units with as high if not higher base neutral attack, but can hit higher attack or can guarantee a follow-up attack if their shtick isn't to one-shot things. If Reginn fails to one-shot something after turn 1 or even with Seidr Shell, then she will need to double. If she fails to double, then, yeah.

Freyja probably will get one-shotted by Reginn even without Seidr Shell, but she comes to mind since she has the highest base neutral speed at 44, the same as +Spd Reginn. Nightmare Horn grants her Spd+3, Binding Necklace grants her Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2 and inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-2 on her foe when she is not adjacent to allies effectively resulting in Spd+4 for her, and Binding Necklace also boosts her individual stats and debuffs her foe's individual stats based on each field buff her foe has. With her weapon and Binding Necklace, Freyja has 49 speed or 51 effective speed in combat when not adjacent to anyone. With her default Atk/Spd Solo 4, that becomes 56 speed or 58 effective speed in combat. Her seal is open and with the way her Binding Necklace works, might as well go for another Solo to which Spd/Res Solo 3 would push her to 62 speed or 64 effective speed in combat when she is not adjacent to anyone.

In my crazed mind, I think Freyja, +Spd Freyja, is slow. I was of the opinion that 50 base neutral speed unmerged was too slow. Now, perhaps 55 or even 60 is too slow. We are at a point where there are a lot of +40 base neutral speed units. With all the speed manipulation that can come into play and follow-up prevention that can wreck havoc on units who do not have access to Null Follow-Up, it makes it hard to not just double them, but double with them. That also means there are a lot of units with -35 base neutral speed, so Reginn, Freyja, whoever can double them. Probably. That's the issue: probably be able to double.

Still, it depends on the mode. I don't play Aether Raids competitively, but my guess is for there, yes. For PvE, depends. Legendary Dimitri and Freyja come to mind as being ridiculously fast on higher difficulties. At least with legendary Dimitri, he can't counter ranged units since they didn't replace his default Sturdy Impact with Distant Counter on infernal or higher. Probably going to get more legendary and mythic heroes with high speed and being obnoxious as they can destroy units with WTA or effective damage against them. True damage and damage reduction are wild things.

I play AR competitively and that doesn't sound like my experience. Anyone she can't double, I can probably find other ways to handle.

I'll have to give it some more thought.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Depends on what you want to do. I would go with +Spd for general purpose.

+Atk is for one shotting, as @Kaden has mentioned, and it is also useful for passing the Heavy Blade check for Galeforce. For Galeforce, both +Atk and +Spd should work and seems to be down to player preference.

+Spd is better for future proofing. 35 base Spd is used to be considered fast. Now, that is just okay. 40+ Spd is now the new fast Spd, and 45+ Spd should not be too far off with Freyja at 44 recently.

I don't plan on giving her Galeforce. One-shotting seems more relevant to me.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I play AR competitively and that doesn't sound like my experience. Anyone she can't double, I can probably find other ways to handle.

I'll have to give it some more thought.

Also keep in mind that as a Mythic unit, she does not get stat boosts the way Blessed units do. While a defense team with multiple Lífs is not common, if they run four or five and pair them with SK!Dimitri, it would seem like a nightmare to face.

18 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't plan on giving her Galeforce. One-shotting seems more relevant to me.

I keep saying it, but remember that her one-shotting with Seidr Shell is likely to be once a battle if you cannot get her to charge it safely from some other foe. Seidr Shell is charged on turn 1, but she cannot have to charged again like Ares and Eldigan can with Bonfire or another three cooldown special through Dark Mystletainn's Killer effect and Special Spiral, another unit running a Special Spiral build, or someone like Lysithea or Shinon using their prf Killer weapon and Time's Pulse to have a charged 2 cooldown special each time their turn begins when their special is at 2 cooldown.

After that, you're going to be relying on 70 attack on initiation before buffs and debuffs from her 39 base +Atk, 16 Mt prf sword, Atk+6 from Lyngheidr's initiate and be granted Atk/Spd+6,  and her default Swift Sparrow 3 and Lull Spd/Def 3. If she's slower against units with a speed check damage reduction, then she won't deal as much damage as she could. She's a sword cavalry, so she has the advantage in movement except when trees and trenches are involved, but I feel like CYL Alm, CYL Edelgard, legendary Dimitri, Jill, and pirate Tibarn among others probably would be able to deal more damage. Jill in particular has the same base neutral attack as +Atk Reginn and the same base neutral speed as =Spd Reginn. Jill trades Spd+3 for a Killer effect, Canto, not having Seidr Shell, and neutralizing field debuffs since she cannot run a Lull, but Rein instead, she has a Desperation with no health requirement other than not being dead, thus, not being alive to do anything in the first place. So, Jill can fall back on being able to double and safely provided she is not dealing with follow-up prevention while also having similar attack to Reginn after turn 1.

Regardless, do what you think is best.

Edited by Kaden

54 minutes ago, XRay said:

Also keep in mind that as a Mythic unit, she does not get stat boosts the way Blessed units do. While a defense team with multiple Lífs is not common, if they run four or five and pair them with SK!Dimitri, it would seem like a nightmare to face.

That team sounds trivial to me. I'd have my mythics take out the Lifs, then have Fjorm and Lyon blast Dimitri. Melee infantry are easy, it doesn't really matter how high their stats are. It's not really an issue for there to be a few enemies Reginn has to stay away from if it's easy to avoid them and the rest of my team can annihilate them.

46 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I keep saying it, but remember that her one-shotting with Seidr Shell is likely to be once a battle if you cannot get her to charge it safely from some other foe. Seidr Shell is charged on turn 1, but she cannot have to charged again like Ares and Eldigan can with Bonfire or another three cooldown special through Dark Mystletainn's Killer effect and Special Spiral, another unit running a Special Spiral build, or someone like Lysithea or Shinon using their prf Killer weapon and Time's Pulse to have a charged 2 cooldown special each time their turn begins when their special is at 2 cooldown.

After that, you're going to be relying on 70 attack on initiation before buffs and debuffs from her 39 base +Atk, 16 Mt prf sword, Atk+6 from Lyngheidr's initiate and be granted Atk/Spd+6,  and her default Swift Sparrow 3 and Lull Spd/Def 3. If she's slower against units with a speed check damage reduction, then she won't deal as much damage as she could. She's a sword cavalry, so she has the advantage in movement except when trees and trenches are involved, but I feel like CYL Alm, CYL Edelgard, legendary Dimitri, Jill, and pirate Tibarn among others probably would be able to deal more damage. Jill in particular has the same base neutral attack as +Atk Reginn and the same base neutral speed as =Spd Reginn. Jill trades Spd+3 for a Killer effect, Canto, not having Seidr Shell, and neutralizing field debuffs since she cannot run a Lull, but Rein instead, she has a Desperation with no health requirement other than not being dead, thus, not being alive to do anything in the first place. So, Jill can fall back on being able to double and safely provided she is not dealing with follow-up prevention while also having similar attack to Reginn after turn 1.

Regardless, do what you think is best.

I just don't see there being so many enemies that are that troublesome that one use of her special wouldn't be enough. Most crazy fast enemies I see are really fragile. 

Other units can hit harder, but Reginn has a guaranteed slot and they don't. 

I'm definitely interested in learning any counterpoints, but this sounds to me like more trouble than it's worth. 

Edited by Othin

So I previously said Reginn's base kit gives her an effective 56 Speed, but that's wrong. She gets an additional +3 visible Speed from her weapon, so it's 59 with her base kit, 63 with SS2 seal, and I can get her to 65 with merges and dragonflowers. If we get the Atk/Spd Solo seal, that's 67, and allies can get her even higher. 

I want to be careful about using limited resources, but I think I'm sold on +Atk.